[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planeforger 2: Unsung Lands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 80

File: zsnow.jpg (135KB, 1600x869px) Image search: [Google]
zsnow.jpg
135KB, 1600x869px
Welcome to thread 2! Old thread is over here: >>53223391

Here we make a MtG plane, roll by roll. Roll 3d36, the first for color, the second for angle of expansion, and the third for the number of hexes filled.

Also here's a google doc where I copied a bunch of the lore and ideas from last thread. It's super disorganized, but its got most of the stuff in there. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qw326stadhmf7syEsmhpqUkOXBHhQvZafycnm2XuTno/edit?usp=sharing

Currently our plane is an unfinished place of myth and legend with heavy native america and mesoamerican influences, as well as music-magic and alt-colored archetypal creatures.

Lets have some fun!
>>
File: the plane as we stand.png (101KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
the plane as we stand.png
101KB, 2589x1983px
>>53281568
and here is our current map!
>>
Rolled 21, 27, 17 = 65 (3d36)

>>53281604
>>
File: I see a grixis land.png (101KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
I see a grixis land.png
101KB, 2589x1983px
>>53281635
as a refresher, the archetype races we have here are
>White dragons who build civilization by being giant autocrats and commanders.
>Blue hydras who covet knowledge and can temporarily grant wisdom by riding shamans, loa style.
>Black angels who were originally supposed to lead the living races from out of the earth, but failed, and now teach a philosophy of pure self reliance and self actualization.
> Red sphinxes who are obsessed with entertainment, and make kachina-golems and hang around goblins to satisfy their desire for new ideas.
>Green demons who are primal besital creatures, and teach others to embrace life in the most darwinist way possible, as well as making green wendigo-style vampires.
>>
Rolled 24, 24, 14 = 62 (3d36)

>>53281823
We got important guys for White, Green, and Black, what about Red and Blue? Who are some of the big cheeses for them?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3159x2436px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3159x2436px
Evergreen the Blightseed wants to wish everyone goodnight.

The orangutan idea was a good one.

>>53278915
Those unsung rock. And good call on the sunset tone.

And I figured someone would take to my spider idea. If only because there was bound to be an Anansi fan. Maybe spider angels could be ones that have tried to become "builders" like the spider spirits, weaving illusions or harnessing the unsung lands and turning their energy into something. Or just badass spider angels.

>>53279271
Pieces
Of the worldsong could be in both. One in a large portion of the unsung lands, another at the underworld mountain. Maybe a sphinx watches over it, content with hiding it away and using its power to bring his musings to life. The hero(es) would have to find a way to entertain him in a way he hasn't been entertained before he'll give it up.>

>53278629
I could see !notGilgamesh in red more than white. (Backstory wise) he was BR and became RG.

>>53280188
Also, here was the wording for Unpainted and Vivid.

>Unpainted - If you paid at least 2 colorless mana to cast this spell, [do this].
>Vivid [color cost] - If you paid [specified cost] to cast this spell, [do this].

Unpainted is meant to be on cards with either 2 in their costs, or the 2/color hybrids. More the later. Vivid states a cost (let's say WW), and then if you use that mana to cast the spell you get that effect. So a spell with Vivid WW that costs 2W would only mean you needed to use WW and 1 generic mana. But a 2/B spell could have Vivid WW, as could one of the colorless unsung spells.

An anon had a good Vivid spider idea. 2/B for a 0/1 reach spider, with Vidid G - +1/+1 and deathtouch (presumedly a counter).

>>53280804
So much about this is awesome.
>>
File: huh.png (102KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
102KB, 2589x1983px
>>53282162
>>53282234
For spiders too, if we have angels have dreamcatchers, that could be where they get them from. Spiders could be angels who have embraced the current world instead of mourning the old one, adding some green to their color pool like most spiders. They now seek to manually create more of the world, via their weaving instead of mourning the old one or the hard reset our BBEG is going for.

I figure whatever portions of the worldsong there are, they're organized into either verses or notes, and there's a a good few of them. Enough to have them both in the Unsung, in the underworld, one for a sphinx, and so on. The final one should be somewhere even more ridiculous, like beyond the edge of the plane.

Evergreen is great, especially in that I can see tons of his acolytes wearing wooden versions of his face as masks, and painting his stomach-mouth onto themselves in hopes that it will transfer some of his strength and power.

Also I'll be heading out in a few minutes, does anyone have any art requests? I'll see if I can get them done and ready by sometime tomorrow.
>>
Rolled 16, 12, 17 = 45 (3d36)

>>53282379
Let's go with a hydra possessing someone, if you're still here.
>>
>>53282379
Uh, I'd vote for either a spider angel, or what you think the goblins in this plane look like.

>>53282162
Throwing out idea for red and blue characters.
>a red performer, traveling from village to village collecting stories and songs, who has somehow been imparted with part of the worldsong
>a goblin warleader, raiding surrounding settlements for supplies. their goal is to maintain constantly collect enough food and materials to appease the sphinx that insists they entertain her
>an asshole sphinx who really just wants goblins and constructs to party with her
>red construct that seeks to escape servitude, as red do
>blue wizard researcher who's collecting information on the plane and the worldsong, trying to locate it based on data and evidence instead of trusting legends
>voodoo fish doing the opposite, acting as possessed head of a hydra while hoarding knowledge
>>
File: file.png (302KB, 550x352px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
302KB, 550x352px
Rolled 32, 4, 27 = 63 (3d36)

>>53282379
Hm... I guess a fun thing to see would be dwellings.

Like I can see "dragon run" viashino tribes being pretty stationary kingdoms, made out of pueblo style mudbrick, or glass brick if the dragons had somehow pitched in. I can nomadic groups using the good ol fashioned animal skin tepees, but where would they be aligned, I'd guess perhaps black because individualism, they strike me as campers, but images of tepees in forests and plains in real life convince me otherwise.

And blue tribes definitely strike me as doing the Aztec thing, big gray stone in the jungles by the lake and rivers, ornate "knowledge writing" on everything.

I guess that leaves the question what Red and Black tribe structures are like.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1144x856px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1144x856px
>53282575
Then again I can see pueblo buildings in red too.
>>
File: 1494893796363.png (55KB, 518x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1494893796363.png
55KB, 518x1280px
Alright lemme post some color faction summaries, and people can object to whatever or disagree on anything, afterwards I'll do the map.
>Black Faction, Weeping Reverie. Lore goes like this: Angels were originally helpers to the creator of plane, when something stopped that creator from finishing the plane and most likely killed it, the angels fell from losing their link to the creator. Maybe. Something happened and it wasn't good. Nobody is sure what. Now they're stuck on a world that's a farce to their creator's original vision, and they probably fucked up somehow, so they grieve and weep (hence the name). Later learn that the Worldsong actually still exists, if fragmented, and they have a chance to finish what their creator started. They then teach/give all the lesser races under the rule of the mythic races (which is to say practically all the members of the lesser races) absolute free will, the ability to choose, individualism, etc, partly out an actual desire to help out the lesser races, partly out of a dislike for nearly all the members of the mythic races, and partly out of a desire to get more people looking for the Worldsong that will give it to them. Has the highest amount of racial diversity in their faction compared to others, and highest amount of humans.
>Notable Individuals: The BBEG, a B/W angel that feels the world is the way it is because of what she did, even if she's not right. Thinks the only right thing to do, the only way to make amends, is to reset the world to square one, and start over. Proper this time. Personally and selfishly, also just wants to have things go back to before the fall as well. The one who spread the word around about the Worldsong fragments?
>Lands: Marshes, maybe it's what they think the plane originally looked like?
>Mechanics: ???
>>
>>53282791
Not sure if we should do "faction specific" mechanics like out of ravnica or tarkir, but I did think of something for the possible B/W angel villain. Like maybe she's able to "interrupt" performances, like whenever the opponent (or anyone) plays a spell she can just tap a creature, preventing them from being tapped to pay Perform costs.
>>
File: 1494901357146.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1494901357146.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>53283067
Yeah that'd be pretty thematic.
And lemme just remove that mechanics bit.

>Green Faction, ??? "Led" by demons, though really all they do is laze about or go on destructive rampages. Demons focus more one the bestial and primal part of nature rather than the flora part, often going out a destroying other factions' shit, while trying to convert people to live a life free of the chains of responsibility and civilization. Contrary to regular demons, usually aren't the type to make elaborate plans or tricky contracts, focusing more on just being plain brutal. Not to say they're complete meatheads, they're dangerously cunning as well. Majority of faction is composed of wild elves, a number of which perform acts of cannibalism, giving them a form of vampirism not unlike that of the wendigo, eventually transforming them into demons. Mesoamerican and bit of amazon influence abound.
>Notable Individuals: Evergreen, demon who is currently fucking shit up on the white island in the middle of the great river, and absolutely not going down. Smarter than his brethren, looks more like an orangutan than a monkey like the other demons.
>Lands: Mostly jungle.
>>
File: 1494815900440.png (266KB, 905x858px) Image search: [Google]
1494815900440.png
266KB, 905x858px
>>53283123
>Blue Faction, ??? All about gaining knowledge. Mythic race is hydras, though "race" is a bit of a misnomer, as their is only one, gigantic hydra, and many, many, many heads, due to their ability to subsume nearly anything and make it a head. "Sprouts" all have independence from each other, so the original hydra doesn't have to deal with all that sensory overload of manually controlling them, but they share the same basic goal, gaining enough to knowledge to figure out the Worldsong. Faction has a voodoo theme to it, such as hydras having the ability to temporary make a being a hydra head, possessing them in exchange for great power, like a loa riding someone. Lotta fishmen are part of this faction.
>Notable Individuals: Someone from, >>53282556 I guess.
>Lands: Seems to be mostly rivers, considering the giant one on the map.
>>
File: 1494819472137.png (309KB, 1471x866px) Image search: [Google]
1494819472137.png
309KB, 1471x866px
>>53283258
Many thanks to our three drawfags, by the by. Lots of good art in a short amount of time.

>Red Faction, ??? Has a West Coast Native American theme, both south and north. Mythic race is Sphinxes, who represent creativity and passion instead of knowledge hoarding, interact with the tribe(s) by providing things such as powerful constructs or beautiful art, in exchange for entertainment.
>Notable Individuals: >>53282556 again.
>Lands: Sunset-red mountains, painted canyons (sometimes literally), and the occasional volcano.
>>
File: 1494907543783.png (299KB, 1442x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1494907543783.png
299KB, 1442x1048px
>>53283415
Ooh, forgot to mention that goblins show up the most in Red.
>White Faction, ??? Has dragons, who probably have the largest amount of influence on their tribe(s), by virtue of actually leading them. Dragons give order in a chaotic and savage world, with the catch that that order is both heavily authoritarian and places dragons at the very top, near equivalent to gods. Inca themed, maybe something to do with rainbows, and populated heavily with viashino.
>Notable Individuals: Viashino born with a silver spoon in his mouth due to having draconic physical qualities, now sets out to prove that he was and is worthy of said silver spoon, rather than simply gaining out of birth.
>Lands: Dusty mesas and deserts, with a bit of plains here and there.
>>
File: 1494981995731.png (51KB, 1800x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494981995731.png
51KB, 1800x900px
>>53283667
And finally the colorless, who aren't really a faction per se, but are important enough to warrant attention.
As described before, colorless lands aren't just junkyards or wastelands, but rather untapped reality, lacking mana and lacking form, thus the name "Unsung lands." To get an idea for its appearance, imagine thick. swirling fog on a shifting, opalescent desert.
Creatures from there are just as shifting as their homeland, but have the ability to act as distorted reflections against colored creatures.
One notable guy that's somewhat important is a member of a lesser race that gained access to a piece of the Worldsong, and now has the ability to shape unsung land, and has created a kingdom smack dab in the middle of some unsung lands somewhere.
>>
File: Untitled2.png (248KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
248KB, 2589x1983px
>>53282575
>>53282499
And now to wait until tomorrow, hopefully the thread doesn't die. Maybe writefag some shit up then.
>>
File: file.png (121KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
121KB, 223x310px
>>53282791
I was thinking about mechanics that might work for the black faction, and I was thinking about something that buffs creatures that attack alone, and I just remembered Exalted exists.

And it would be sort of useful in conjunction with Perform.

You cast a spell, you use Perform to get its extra effect, but you've tapped most of your creatures just doing that, except for one. He doesn't have exalted but this one black angel does and it buffs him a little.

Exalted could be heavy black (again angels championing self improvement and self sufficience), but it could and should be spread out to the other colors for the utility with Perform. Plus its another nice flavor victory, champions being exalted and important, and, when they're not charging into battle themselves, they encourage others to do so as well.
>>
>>53282234
>Unpainted - If you paid at least 2 colorless mana to cast this spell, [do this].
Seems a bit awkward to be forced to use colorless mana. Think the original idea of "pay the 2 in the 2/[Color] instead of just [Color] for [Thing]" works better mechanically.
>>
Rolled 21, 27, 19 = 67 (3d36)

bawmp
>>
>>53283994
I'd find exalted in this set pretty interesting. Not just in black, though I could see it appearing either more in black, or with more support (when a creature attacks alone it gets Blank). Worshiping demons and sphinx, an age of epic heroes and unexplored lands. Exalted could represent the brave explorers and heroes, discovering new magics and inspirations (Vivid), and letting their stories be passed into legend (Perform).

>>53284900
I don't really agree that requiring colorless is awkward, but looking at Vivid and Unpainted next to each other again, Unpainted is basically just a specialized Vivid, and 99% of the time paying the alt cost of 2 is fine.

Maybe a cool cycle would include cards that cost something like 2/W 2/W 2/W, and if 5 or more was paid for the spell they trigger an ability.

So if we dump Unpainted as it is now, do we think up a new mechanic for the colorless Unsung theme, or is the hybrid 2 costs and purely colorless (nonartifact) creatures enough that a few cards in the vein of Ghostblade or Tomb of he Spirit Dragon would suffice?
>>
Oh neat, we're back.

>>53287055
>So if we dump Unpainted as it is now, do we think up a new mechanic for the colorless Unsung theme?
Maybe, have to actually design the cards and see. I do like the cycle idea though.
>>
>>53287228
Also, not a lot written for the red faction/color. Anyone got any ideas?
>>
>>53287243
What if the sphinxes acted as patrons? The hydra and the demons are worshiped, and the dragons assume direct control over their subjects, and angels act as examples. What if we treat the red villages and civilizations as Bronze Age city states; each built around a different sphinx or sphinx herd(?) with different tastes and interests.

One sphinx is a tyrant, forcing a tribe of goblins to entertain it day and night, follow it around, and bend to its will.

Another sphinx inspires in its people the desire to explore, conquer, and battle, a culture glorifying battle and glory.

Other sphinxes would inspire song and art, while others magical ingenuity personal freedoms. These sphinxes may act more like a pantheon of muses than one direct patron, the different between being in a smaller Red area with one sphinx and being in a larger Red area with multiple.

Also, as much as I imagine humans being heavy in red, can we please make goblins the artisans and bards?
>>
>>53287423
That could definitely work, and it reflects the shifting/chaotic personality of red.
And I also see no reason as to not make goblins more musically inclined then other races.
>>
So I was talking with some friends about this and it made me realize that the "living free" ideal for the demons was pretty red, even if it's through green-tinted lens by saying "freedom from civilization."
So I changed the primary goal around a bit, while still keeping them mostly the same. How does this sound?

Demons are envoys of nature, but not the peaceful, providing part, they (obviously) represent the destructive part of it, the tidal waves, the hurricanes, the ferocious beasts. But they also represent the eternal march of nature against the works of man, like the waves slowing eroding the coast or the moss creeping over the stone ruins. They appear unfeeling and brutal in personality, but that's because nature is unfeeling and brutal in personality.
And the "eternal march" thing is why they laze about, they know they win in the end. Whatever civilization does, it'll eventually collapse in itself, and the cycle of life will return to the original status quo. No need to rush.
But if people want to become free to get rid of the shackles of man-made invention, to know they are part of a community rather than trodded on minorities, well, who are they to refuse them? It is their job to help the growth of nature, after all.
And a little bit of destructive rampage helps out in the end, doesn't it? It's common sense to do such thing when you're this strong. Not hurting their goals in the slightest either.
They're not perfect representations of nature, but they're damn good at it, especially the murderous bits.

Like how regular demons corrupt mortals, these do as well, though with a green goal and with green tactics.
>>
>>53287633
Goblins being adept at music, but less adept at dance.
Red Dolls being great at dance, but voiceless or quiet.
Humans being better storytellers, and having more human outlets for heir craft outside of mountain regions.

So is there a head sphinx or dragon? Presumedly there's a prime demon, and one hydra that just sprouts a billion hydra heads (creature - hydra serpent?), but is there an original/head dragon and sphinx, or is that a matter of who's in charge at the time?
>>
File: I return, for now.png (140KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
I return, for now.png
140KB, 2589x1983px
>>53282575
>>53286760
I'm at work at the moment, so replies will be haphazard at best, and I wont be able to post the art until later.

>>53287055
As someone who loves black exalted, I second this notion.

>>53287423
>>53287633
Bard goblins sound great, and I like the chaotic nature of sphinxes forming a crude pantheon. Maybe incorporate the northwest coast style totem poles into the themeing somehow, like as a way that the various sphinx-tribes mark territory and history?

>>53289324
>>53289341
Nice doublepost, but I love the idea. Green Demons being as patient and inexorable as the wild seems like a perfect fit. They want the world to be as it should, pure and simple.
Speaking of that, I feel green demons should have lots of enchantment and artifact removal, to fit their abhorrence of civilized, complicated nonsense.
>>
Rolled 8, 4, 14 = 26 (3d36)

>>53289416
Dunno. I could see a head dragon that's in charge of one of the larger white areas, like the one in the middle of the map. Head sphinx seems less likely, or maybe they're in a point of isolation somewhere. Maybe that's the one that's guarding a piece of the Worldsong.
>>
Rolled 10, 25, 23 = 58 (3d36)

>>53290066
buomp
>>
>>53290066
>>53291130
I figure the head sphinx is less of an actual leader in the sphinx tribes and more of an incredibly influential art critic, the kind who can walk into your gallery and declare it all shit with complete impunity and support. What they say goes, due to their influence, style, and possibly their fraction of the Worldsong giving them the ability to MAKE what they say go.

Frankly I'm picturing the sphinx equivalent of Meryl Streep from The Devil Wears Prada, or perhaps sphinx Andy Warhol.

In terms of a head dragon, I threw around the idea of a dragon in the last set who managed to basically cement itself as the ruler of a confederacy of dragons by tripping them up on their laws and declarations until they were bound to its nation as members. A dragon who is equal parts indomitable and wily, which is a rarity compared to the usually straightforward dragons of this plane.
>>
>>53291413
by last set I mean last thread.

I've totally slept in the past 24 hours you guys, I swear.
>>
Rolled 1, 7, 2 = 10 (3d36)

Bumping
>>
>>53291413
I like the head sphinx idea, but why exactly is it the head sphinx? What's so special about it?
Dragon's pretty good idea as well, no qualms with it. Think his area would probably be the Inca-themed faction.

>>53291838
>>53291130
While the bumping is appreciated fellas, it'd be better to try and start up some conversation by talking about mechanics or lore.
For example, What mechanics would blue and/or red would have or focus on? I vote something to do with card draw, like cycling for red or looting for blue.
>>
>>53287055
yeah I think something like that would work, if X amount of mana was spent on them they'd get an extra something, especially if they have the hybrid costs.

That said I think another option would be to say... fit Colorless into Vivid. And make colorless vivid more about 'removing' its color and giving it an "instant or sorcery" effect.

Like lets say

Fog-Eyed Spirit 2/U 2/U
Creature - Spirit
When Fog-Eyed Spirit enters the battlefield prevent all damage this turn. (Kind of as if it was spitting out a fog that makes everyone lose their way and not know where they were going).
Vivid Colorless-If Colorless Mana was spent in casting, creature gains flash and is no longer blue. (It becomes kind of useful being able to "run in" right as someone is gearing up to stomp you, but then also it has its "true nature" revealed.)

I don't know am I onto something here?
>>
File: bumpity boomp.png (141KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
bumpity boomp.png
141KB, 2589x1983px
>>53291838
Just an idea I had for a character in our eventual plot.

>Goblin who has inadvertently found and carries a fragment of the worldsong, joins the party for adventure and story.
>The fragment manifests itself as a inuit style overtone throat singing, making their songmagic incredibly powerful, but unstable.
>The fragment in question is the fragment representing "Destruction" as the primary element of the worldsong, disassembling the Aether to prepare for the creation of the plane. The fragment, as all worldsong fragments are, is kind of sentient, and can take control of the goblin to sing.

I'm thinking this could possibly be how they find other fragments of the song. Each verse of the worldsong resonates with the others, and so one of the party members is a living detector, if one who occasionally gets possessed by a fragment of the prime creative force of reality.
>>
Rolled 5, 23, 13 = 41 (3d36)

>>53292277
Speaking of the fragments, how many should there be? Is there a set number? If so, how many, and what do they represent?
>>
>>53292749
With the mention of "destruction" being a fragment the Goblin has, perhaps what each fragment represents is sort of the opposite of each of the Archetypes, a "flipside" to each of their aspects, that actually plays an important role.

Destruction: Sphinxes with "Creativity"
It might be a natural part of the creative process, that few would like to admit.

Purpose: Angels with "Individuality"
They had at one point a purpose greater than themselves, and now that they're individualists they're out to find a purpose.

Harmony: Demons with "Savagery"
While they're brutal savage jerks, demons ultimately live in harmony with the natural order one could argue, or at least believe in it.

Mystery: Hydras and "Knowledge"
You can't know everything.

Unity: Dragons and "Order"
Being the big guy on top ordering people about isn't going to last beyond yourself, and a united community is more likely to keep a lasting order.

Maybe a mystic 6th fragment located elsewhere... that ties it all together.
>>
>>53292749
I think doing 5. There are 2 ways to do it. Either have the worldsong pieces be enemy color pairings to fit with how each faction is clearly some weird enemy color pairing.
The other way is to make the pairings allied colors to have the lore of, "The factions are so fucked because they are missing part of their mana identity." and thus the true form of each action is meant to be wedges/shards.
Or I guess we could have it be is there used to be like, 10 factions, but when the world song was broken to not collapse after losing the magic of it as support, they all merged with another which is why there are only 5 out-of-place factions.
>>
File: image.jpg (982KB, 2301x2968px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
982KB, 2301x2968px
>wrongneighborhood.fish

>>53292749
We should probably set an amount, though I don't think prior to the story starting anyone should know how many are out there. Honestly, we should see how many set pieces and characters we can fit into 2-3 sets, and decide which ones are tied to a fragment.

>>53292210
That feels like a way to turn Vivid on its head in set 2 and/or 3, but I like the color idea. In early sets Vivid would give colored spells options and colorless creatures "color", but would strip the color away from either the Unsung or other creatures later on.

>>53291413
Love that sphinx idea. Similar to the controlling dragon, but ruling with shame and social status instead of force of will (and regular force).

>>53292130
Well...
Perform - R and G mostly
Vivid - B, W, and U mostly
Harmonic - W, R
Exalted - B, G, U (getting really New Phyrexia in here)

White: not getting eaten by a dragon!?
Blue: enchantments (hydra sprouts)
Black: mercenary-mechanic
Red: looting, construct tokens
Green: sacrifice and consumption
>>
>>53292969
>>53293110
Both of these ideas are pretty nice, so how about we combine them?
15 pieces to the song, 3 to each color, 5 pieces already sung, forming the base factions. The factions were then supposed to get 2 more colors and be shard/wedge themed, but then the great fucking up happened, and they're like they are now. Each piece also represents a third of a cycle or at the very least an idea, like Creation -> Preservation -> Destruction, for example.

>>53293164
Guess we should decide on 2 or 3 sets then.
I vote 2, 1st one setting the setting up, 2nd focusing on the world tearing up as it's already shaky foundations fall. Though my vote can change easy.
>>
File: nailed it.png (109KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
nailed it.png
109KB, 2589x1983px
A Blaze in the North
>>
File: file.png (62KB, 392x441px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
62KB, 392x441px
>>53293164
>Harmonic
What's harmonic?

Sorry I haven't been drawing too much today. been a bit busy.

Pic semi related, Its an initial concept for Viashino (am i spelling that right) hero. I'm thinking the birthmark that marks him as a "Chosen One" is perhaps he has teensy little horns, like the Horned Toad dragons. With them being based off of Zebra-Tailed Lizards, little critters that mimic scarier ones (specifically scorpions), Viashino warriors tend to wear horned helmets and armor, being born with something "dragon-y" could be taken as a sign or type of predetermination.

Horned ones being destined warriors, perhaps more colorful members being destined leaders.
>>
>>53295023
One of the mechanics spitballed last thread.
>Harmonic X - when this creature attacks or blocks with another creature with Harmonic, it gets +X/+X until end of turn.
>>
File: file.png (270KB, 1625x1489px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
270KB, 1625x1489px
>>53295163
interesting. so basically encourages having creatures untapped to work together.

Incidentally, any requests anons? Currently sketching out angels.
>>
>>53296178
Some animal spirits?
I'll take requests too if anyone's got them as well, not for drawing, but for writing.
>>
>>53292969
>>53293110
>>53293447
15 pieces, or more accurately 15 lines sounds super cool. Each fragment could be a line of the worldsong, and we could place them through the entire set/sets as flavor text, eventually creating something kind of similar to the opening poem from Endless Legend. I also like the idea of each faction originally being a wedge, since wedges need more love, and frankly the idea of Temur Evergreen is fucking terrifying.

>>53293164
That vivid idea is great, and thats a pretty good split for keywords so far I think. I like the idea of blue getting really weird janky exalted things though, mostly loa riders and other such creatures that aren't straight hitters. Maybe give white a staple of exalted lands/artifacts, but fewer exalted creatures compared to black?

>>53295023
That's adorable, and I like the idea of the horns being his predetermination trait. Also as an idea, gila monster colored diplomats.

>>53295163
Harmonic could actually be what the Destructogoblin has as its ability, since throatsinging is basically harmonizing with your own vocal vibrations. Maybe give it something that either lets it count as harmonizing itself to become a weird red Konda-lite, or have it boost other harmonization.
>>
>>53296299
You know I was a little worried that 15 was too much, but then i realized, we haven't really even said what the world song is "written on". And suddenly its sort of becomes brilliant.

It exists in all things after all. so each fragment of the world song could be anything from, floating musical notes/tune simply in the air, An entire species of bird with a particular call, the hum and sound of drums stuck in a goblin's head. It can be inscribed on a rain stick, or weapon, it could be written in the land, in how the wind passes through a hoodoo or stone hole thing in a desert.

Its 15 fragments, can be embedded in Anything.
>>
File: spider angel.jpg (516KB, 2550x3507px) Image search: [Google]
spider angel.jpg
516KB, 2550x3507px
>>53296461
quick before I go, spider angel! Be back on soon!
>>
Idea for an Unsung creature. He's sort of like an eldrazi Titan. he's a six cost but gets additional benefit for each color mana used to cast him.
>if two different colors were used to cast __ gains a +1/1 counter
>if three different colors were used to cast gains haste
>if four different colors were used to cast ___ gains vigilance
>>
Putting together mechanics. Here is what I got so far. Thoughts/critism/ect welcome. Trying to get each keyword to fit the theme of a plane based around song.

>>53296178
Faction emblems would be nice. Right now it sounds like we are operating on a 5 faction system with each being enemy colors.
>>
File: firsties.jpg (127KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
firsties.jpg
127KB, 750x523px
>>53296611
Welp I'm dumb. Here are the card examples this time.
Harmonize is meant for all colors. Conduct is meant to be primarily white, and a little in Red. The card should always give whatever keyword it has printed, nothing else.
Harmonize is an obvious music reference, and Conduct is in reference to the Conductor, common at large performances for music.
>>
>>53296589
That is way more unsettling than I thought it would be.
>>
>>53296649
I'm no mechanical expert or even intermediary, so I can't give you actually good advice, but looks good from my novice standpoint anon.
>>
File: file.png (119KB, 1215x1724px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
119KB, 1215x1724px
>>53296611
Is each faction enemy colored? Or is that just the general vibe? I thought we weren't caring too much about colors for each faction. Sorry If I missed a few memos.

Either way here are some ideas.

I quite liked the design i did on one of the angel's wings, but i wasn't sure if that would work for a faction symbol. But here's a "First run"

A theme I was going for was "trying to capture the spirit of the old mana symbol" the black faction has a Dream Catcher symbol reminicent of the sun, the red could have some "teary eyed" symbol for the blue water drip. I was trying to make white faction a sort of "Dragon head" or "Campfire". A green "horned skull" Blue was pretty easy, hydra heads sprouting like branches of a tree.

Alternatively the Red symbol could be red as a stylized Sphinx or Sphinx face.
>>
>>53297577
All of them are enemy color pairings atm.
Black angels, red sphinxes, green demons, white dragons, blue hydras.
>Emblems
I like the Red one, and the black on on the far left is nice.
For the dragons I'd consider doing a flame surrounded by a halo.
>>
File: file.png (423KB, 450x442px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
423KB, 450x442px
>>53297685
The far left angel symbol was very quick, and its something I definitely want to improve. Going with an "angel out of the web" to compare to the "Man In the Maze" symbol of Tohono O'odham tribe.

Basically its a symbol that depicts the creator god I'itoi at the entrance to the maze. He lead the people out of the underworld through caves at the Baboquivari Peak. Its neat, and a big feature of the basketweaving tradition is to leave a different "exit" to the maze each time, to symbolize the different paths of life.

and yeah I like the idea for the dragon one. I was trying to make it geometric to sort of reference the Inca Cross. but that might be better. something "brickworky" was the goal.
>>
>>53297938
hmm this gives me an idea on angel lore:
TL;DR
Leader of evil angels thinks the plane is Purgatory and that everyone in it has to some how earn their way out back into the real world, which is far nicer. Death isn't true here, and thus the most selfish and vindictive attempts at reaching one's most powerful state is encouraged by her faith.
>Angels lose their hope in humanity, and see that the suffering and discourse caused by the breaking of the world song to show this world is not worth saving
>For XX years they abandon all duties, and are completely rouge
>Angel Bitch of High Order is old and wise, but loses no hope and instead sees this world in another way
>Angel Bitch of High Order thinks this plane is not falling apart, but Purgatory, or the underworld
>All the suffering and turmoil is but a trail or test, and that once you live through it, if you are strong enough, you return to the True World, the great Chorus of Between
>She believes that those that die in this Purgatory are simply born again to suffer through the tests once more, and thus considers sacrifice and death just a necessary step to achieve redemption
>Angel Bitch has even claimed to have died herself to further others on their quest for redemption
>>
Rolled 23, 3, 13 = 39 (3d36)

>>53297035
I figured that going spider they'd lose the feathers and flesh on the wings, and it'd help keep a spidery kind of silhouette. Also, I liked the idea of them hanging things from the wings like freaky wind chimes.

>>53297577
These are great! I'm especially a big fan the idea behind the angel symbol, and the sphinx mask one.

>>53298175
I've basically had this idea since we introduced the angel BBEG that she's genuinely trying to help people by her point of view, to the point where during the big final battle she can't even comprehend why people are doing this. This fits really well with it, at least in part.

>"All I'm trying to do is help you, why do you keep fighting!?"

Also lets roll some more dice, help finish out this plane.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2422x3151px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2422x3151px
Picture done. Little fish are my idea for this plane's homunculi. And the more I think about them, the more I want to brainstorm for the constructs.

Drawing wise, I definitely want to give the angels (spiders included) a try.

>>53295023

Cute

>>53296610
I like the idea. A below curve creature in one or two colors, but three or four make it worth it, five or six making it mighty. We'd just have to change the wording to "types of mana" since colorless isn't a color.

>>53296649
I like Harmonize. One of those mechanics that save your ass in sealed, but aren't broken. If we keep it and Harmonic we'd have to rename one.

Is conduct a token-only mechanic?

>>53297577
They're not like Ravnica or Tarkir factions no, but the general feel of the colors seems to lean toward enemies working better together. And having symbols for a pantheon of sphinxes, a dragon federation, a hydra cult, demon worshipers, and wanderer markings would be cool lore wise.

I'm digging all of them so far. The split white one looks best of that color to me. And the lower green one. And I'd go with the leftmost black symbol, since it's more unique from the Orzohv symbol and angels embracing black might drift away from sun or star images. BBEG using that one would be cool though. We need a name for her other than>>53298175's Bitch.

>>53296461
I think the only reason I'd be against 15 is how long it would make the story... but we're not commissioning novels or web shorts, so we can make the story as "long" as we want. And I agree that it's cool that it's a huge song.

Maybe since white is more structured, the Exalted triggers are on artifacts and lands to show "worship" is conducted through structure and obedience and accomplishment. And in general-
Artifacts for white, enchantments for blue, tokens for red?

>>53296178
More angels is all I ask. Though, with the lore and Exalted theme, an angel offering a traveler advice or assistance would be cool.
>>
Rolled 15, 30, 9 = 54 (3d36)

>>53298457
>>
File: a blaze.png (147KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
a blaze.png
147KB, 2589x1983px
Rolled 15, 25, 34 = 74 (3d36)

>>53298983
>>53298596
I was looking up some hopi mythology, and I found the god of the sun Tawa, said to be the first being in all existence.

Maybe a name playing off of that somehow? Alternatively, we also have Koyangwuti, or Grandmother Spider, who led the hopi out of the underworld and into the world as inspiration. Maybe we could combine them?

Kowa?
>>
>>53298596
>Conduct only tokens?
Yes. It's meant to be White leading the band, and the band being the tokens. Sometimes the Red bard steels the funny hat the conductor wears and leads instead though.

>Harmonic
Really not a fan of a mechanic that only triggers in combat and requires multiple things to swing. I kind of just am not into it as a mechanic.
>>
Rolled 24, 22, 28 = 74 (3d36)

>>53299069
>Kowa
Love it. Love everything about it. Just sounds really good.

Again I like the idea of her being "totally the mentor to the hero/heroes" type before turning around to try an initiate armageddon. I think there was some character in Kotor that had that as their motivation, "I'm gonna mentor you for a bit, but then betray you to do "the right thing".

>>53299145
On the one hand we don't have very many token makers or token making abilities. but on the other we could have more, which would make sense given that Perform costs are tapping so many creatures.

Perhaps certain "conductors" can say, create tokens too. Or better yet as a way to give it utility on non tokens, conduct could target "tribes" perhaps specifically say warrior for white, wizard for red. that way your white warrior creature and your white warrior token both get the benefit.

Alternatively alternatively, it could work as a sort of inverse Batallion, from return to ravnica. "If X other creatures are attacking, pay something, and get something.

So like say, Lowhoard Gaurdcaptain stays hangs back from an attack, and 3 other guys attack, his conduct activates and he gives them all first strike (perhaps with a "payment" thing).
>>
File: jundjundjund.png (147KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
jundjundjund.png
147KB, 2589x1983px
Rolled 36, 17, 10 = 63 (3d36)

>>53299389
I really like the idea of inverse Battalion, especially because it kind of also works as an inverse Exalted for the tribes that don't get it. Some of them go ham on one creature, while the others swarm and have conductors buffing in the back.

I very much like this idea of Kowa. She's someone who does what she does because she believes it is right, but still regrets that she has to do it. Also, these kids picking up Worldsong pieces makes it a lot easier.

I'm gonna be heading out for the night, keep on rocking everybody! I'll try to get some loa-riding fishmen and more art for tomorrow. Any requests?
>>
Rolled 19, 34, 25 = 78 (3d36)

>>53299468
Don't want to overload you man, seems you got enough in the backlog as-is.
Meanwhile I'll try coming up with something for the fragments. A bit tough to link them without stepping on too many toes, tougher still to decide what was supposed to go to who.
>>
File: file.png (183KB, 963x1134px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
183KB, 963x1134px
>>53299468
Same here. I uh... also have to look through my backlock myself.

In the meantime here's a quick thing I did for fun.

>Torch Juggler Kachina
Artifact Creature - Golem
0/3
"When this creature dies it deal 1 damage to up to 3 target creatures or players."

Basically he dies, he stops juggling tortches and people get hurt. Not
sure if including players as a target is too powerful though.

He could make a great chump blocker, since yeah, if he dies he'll deal damage, but he could also be fun to swing with, especially in conjunction with exalted.

Not sure about his cost, should he be cheaper because he can't do damage directly? Or be priced on curve?
>>
>>53299389
I think making conduct tribal based would really make set design wonky. It would shift the effect from RW or just general W to all over the place.
>>
>>53299589
3 pings isn't that good in a lot of situations, and a 0/3 is kind hard to make die.
>>
Rolled 27, 25, 12 = 64 (3d36)

>>
Rolled 28, 19, 26 = 73 (3d36)

This is what I have for the song fragments so far, how they lookin'?
>3 fragments to a color, each represents an ideal of their color and a part of the world
>Red is Freedom, Destruction, Chaos
>Black is Individuality, Death, Sin
>White is Unity, Law and Order, Virtue
>Green is Instinct, Life, Nature
>Blue is Creation, Advancement, Knowledge
>>
>>53299069
Kowa sounds great.

>>53299389
Something like
>Conduct 3 - When three other creatures attack, do a thing
?

Rooting it to tokens wouldn't really restrict it if we make enough token producers, but I'm liking reverse Battalion.
>>53299652
I agree.

>>53299589
I could see that at 2R at common, 1R uncommon, 3R if you want it to be a trash card. Like >>53299868 said, three pings are situational, especially if you can't throw all three damage at a player. And harder to burst that it first looks. A 0/3 with a death trigger for 2? That's not broken. Potentially able to kill three other creatures, but only in fringe cases. 3cmc if you want to be safe, or testing shows 2 is dumb.

Great flavor though, fuck.
>>
>>53303854
>Red is Freedom, Destruction, Chaos
I'd say replace Chaos with something like expression or passion. Chaos is red, but art and expression are a big part of this plane's red.
>Black is Individuality, Death, Sin
Maybe replace Sin with something like preservation of survival?
>White is Unity, Law and Order, Virtue
Works
>Green is Instinct, Life, Nature
Tame for our violent green, but it fits.
>Blue is Creation, Advancement, Knowledge
Creation -> control maybe?
>>
>>53305139
Those changes sound good.
And a rough idea for what were supposed to be the original wedges, with everyone only getting the first piece:
>Demons: Nature, Preservation, Unity
>Dragons: Law, Destruction, Control
>Hydras: Knowledge, Life, Death
>Angels: Individuality, Virtue, Freedom
>Sphinxes: Passion, Advancement, Instinct
I dunno though, feel like green should be changed to fit better.
>>
>>53305546
Well if our demons are all about inevitability, maybe Respect instead of Unity. The demons were suppose to be a reminder that everything ends, but something can move on from it; that an option may look evil or good or wrong or right, but we all end up the same.
They got that ideal strained through GREEN.

Art requests or ideas?
>>
>>53306014
More sphinxes I guess
>>
Rolled 31, 26, 6 = 63 (3d36)

Bump
>>
>>53306014
That's a good idea, switching Unity to Respect, and lemme switch Death and Preservation as well.
The only thing that's really bothering me is Instinct on Sphinxes, though I suppose that can just be like inherent ingenuity or something.
>>
>>53308594
Instinct seems fine to me. Relying on inborn instinct and passion as the motivation/tools of advancement. Find something you want to do, and do what feels right.
>>
Rolled 4, 3, 5 = 12 (3d36)

So what's the main plot line for the plane?
>>
Rolled 12, 18, 33 = 63 (3d36)

>>53312573
>Something goes wrong during plane creation, plane is not finished
>The "song" used to create the plane is now fragmented and spread across the world
>Finding all the fragments means you're God (Notice the capital G) and can do whatever the hell you want, including reshaping the world to what you see fit
>Hell, just having one of the fragments is immensely powerful
>BBEG wants to complete the song so she can reset the world
>Protagonists are ??? and therefore their goals are ???
Though I could the important Viashino guy mentioned earlier as a/the main protagonist. Destruction goblin guy too.
>>
>>53312815
From what I remember, from the various things in the thread so far the party seems to be a bunch of novice heroes and people setting out on their quest, with Kowa our BBEG acting as mentor and instigator on the quest to gather up the fragments of the worldsong, only to snatch them once they've got all but the one she has, and kickstart the apocalypse.
>>
File: revered return.png (132KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
revered return.png
132KB, 2589x1983px
Here's the map as we currently stand.

So if I've gotten the earlier posts right, our fragments are
>Demons: Nature,Death, Respect
>Dragons: Law, Destruction, Control
>Hydras: Knowledge, (Not sure about life and death, I want to say maybe something like Fate or Dreams or something)
>Angels: Individuality, Virtue, Freedom (maybe replace one of these with Purpose? Not sure)
>Sphinxes: Passion, Advancement, Instinct (I think its the word instinct that sounds wrong, since its such a green keyword. Maybe Genius?)
>>
Rolled 12, 34, 35 = 81 (3d36)

>>53313159
Fate is a good stand in for Life, and looks green enough, since green is all about acceptance of your natural place in the world. Maybe then switch Fate with Nature, not sure. And the black fragment for hydras is Preservation, not Death, but that still could not fit very well.
Purpose could replace Virtue easily, seems like it would be white's thing to give purpose through community or order or some such.
And after thinking about it, Instinct now seems fine despite being really green. Just a different way of saying "It's in your nature," like how >>53311420 describes it.
>>
A new one of these? Cool.
Sometimes I kick around the idea of working on Anefor stuff again. Time to read through this stuff.
>>
File: more water.png (132KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
more water.png
132KB, 2589x1983px
>>53313900
Im still kind of iffy on instinct, but its mostly just word choice. The idea is totally sound.

>>53313958
Yeah, I really enjoyed Anefor back in the day, so I wanted to start up a new thread with the same kind of idea.
>>
Maybe the BBEG is the guy who was making the plane, left because he had to deal with some shit, came back, and is now super pissed off the someone fucked around with his project when he was gone as shown by a shitton of new things he didn't bring to the world
>>
>>53315154
Eh, while it ain't a bad idea, we seem to get the BBEG set down pat already.
Though we're still up in the air as to what actually happened to the creator, so that's a possibility.
>>
>>53315266
Not sure about having a really defined creator, beyond there being one. I figure we might be able to make it in the form of a big mythical narrative that actually points to how the plane happened. Part of me wants to make the plane's mythical creator a Coyote or Kokopelli style trickster who stole the secrets of creation from something, and then is in reality a planeswalker who did something nuts like chop of a chunk of a plane from reality, transmuted it to raw manastuff, and started to sing it into being.

>The day Coyote stole the world.
>>
Rolled 33, 3, 5 = 41 (3d36)

>>53315599
Coyote character would be fitting, especially since it's pretty much the most well known native american god.
Which actually brings to mind about gods, are there any worshiped, even if they don't exist?
>>
File: fortress plains.png (132KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
fortress plains.png
132KB, 2589x1983px
>>53315934
I figure that for the most part, the world worships the archetype creatures, but not so much gods. Maybe the Angels worship the plane's creator, even if they don't really remember much about them, and the Hydras might worship the theoretical "Root Hydra" that started their whole species. Demons might worship a kind of theoretical Primal Heaven, as an ideal/inevitability they believe in. Sphinxes might worship the trickster stories of the Coyote-Creator, but they might just also worship the idea of "Change" as a kind of all encompassing philosophy. The world must change, and should keep changing, and it is good.

I'm not sure what dragons worship. Probably Law, in a kind of Confucianism-styled philosophy.

Otherwise, I kind of like the idea of this world not having gods more as it has Legends. Its got stories with cultural heroes and villains and monsters but not really divine figures, ala American Gods interpretation of it.

Also looking at this map, that little plains in between two Unsung plots might be a barely surviving fortress or something, could be an interesting area.
>>
>>53313159
>>Hydras
>Lore
Each Hydra carries with it lore from generations passed, whither they lived through it themselves or learned from another. This fits into classic U by them valuing knowledge, but still is G sense G loves to honor their people's stories and such.
>Adaptation
U is all about becoming as well refined and perfect as possible, and G likes to do this too through more physical means. An unending ability to become more perfect, for example, when a hydra grows a new head, it's often an adaptive response to whatever killed the last one, would fit into the nature of G to strive and survive, and U to try and become the best of what it can be.
>Fate
Fate is like the rivers that the hydras rise from. Those that chose not to act shall be taken down the river of fate and find themselves wherever it deems fit, but all have the ability to chose their own course along it's unending rapids.

I hope you like these suggestions for our UG wigglers key philosophy points.
>>
>>53316106
We might want to better decide on the land's design once we have the plane map finished. It might be a good idea to just spam out a bunch of rolls and finish it up. With all this blank space it's hard to say what really fits the map.
>>
File: dominik-mayer-the-big-boss.jpg (359KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dominik-mayer-the-big-boss.jpg
359KB, 1920x1080px
>>53316619
I like these actually, and not just because it gives a chance for the Hydras in set two to use my favorite mechanic, Fateseal. Adaptation is also something that can be argued as blue, in terms of planning and contingencies.

Also just an idea on hydras with the lore, and perhaps in lore worship, they should write their lore in to EVERYTHING. Their architecture hides it, their people's clothing hides it, their cities designs hide it. The write the world as a book, for future hydras to read.

>>53316671
I'm heading off for the night, but if someone wants to just pump out a massive bunch of rolls, I can add them in when I get back on tomorrow.

I'll try to be back with art and things when I return tomorrow.!
>>
Rolled 25, 21, 3 = 49 (3d36)

>>53316956
Will do, captain.
>>
>>53316956
>Fateseal
Fateseal is a toxic mechanic that shouldn't be brought back as a primary mechanic. There is a reason why Wizards hasn't made any effects like it ever sense.
If you want to do library interaction mechanics, I think doing a soft-core dig might be good.
>Weave Fate
"Whenever you weave fate, reveal the top three cards of your library. Target opponent may put one of them into your graveyard. Put the rest on the top or bottom of your library in any order."
We should probably try to find a term used to describe writing music for the name, if this mechanic is popular.
>>
>>53317125
Quick before I go, we could call it something like Compose or Choreograph maybe? Alternatively, maybe something like Prelude to showcase the idea of structuring the deck towards a new end.

Fateseal is pretty toxic, I just like it. Honestly I like a lot of the weird future sight mechanics that haven't gotten re-used.
>>
>>53317188
I like Prelude.
If you want fateseal somewhere, we can have it as a 1 off effect for just 1 card, and not keyword it.
>>
File: DiceRollCrop.png (110KB, 553x427px) Image search: [Google]
DiceRollCrop.png
110KB, 553x427px
Rolled 30, 31, 13 = 74 (3d36)

>>53316956
>>53316671
You know you could just use the DnD dice roller from WotC.
>>
>>53315599
I'll be honest, I was thinking the creator might've been some "Creator Force" some invisible omnipresent monotheistic god that started things off. Whether he died of 'old age', was evil, was good, was neutral, if he was killed by his creations, or betrayed by a friend, simply stopped working on creating the world, or left is up in the air. But I had some ideas.

Bringing in some judeo-christian stuff here, there was some Apocrypha story, an alternate version of the "Creation" basically went like this, On those first six days of creation, god separated light from dark, earth from heaven, made seas, animals, plants, fish, birds, and right when he was about to make people, he scrapped the whole project and destroyed everything. Everything wasn't perfect enough. So he'd do this 5 more times, and after the fifth odd time he got to thinking, "man why aren't these worlds good enough? I thought I was doing great!" And... I'm probably grossly oversimplifying, he basically went "well... i guess I never let them have the CHANCE to get better, or be great, because I keep destroying worlds... Okay number 7 Earth, your time to shine. Don't disappoint me." and yeah everything else in the bible happens after. But this version of the myth basically emphasizes the virtue of "mercy" when it came to God and his goodliness, and didn't make him all that omniscient and a little more human.

But basically it got me thinking... maybe the Creator Force of the plane basically left the plane unfinished because he wanted his creations to finish it? Let them have a go. The Creator Force took a hands off approach and let them do their thing. Wether or not this was a good or bad thing is up to date, and wether its actually yet another case of the plane's multiple choice origin story going on is another matter. I think its a little uplifting that something so big could trust things so small... which adds a little more... well wrongness to Kowa's motivation towards "fixing" the plane.
>>
>>53317125
In my opinion "Weave" would be good enough on its own, just off of the Native American aesthetic, Weaving was a core profession in the Tohono O'odham and several other southwestern tribes. Storytelling and Music as power is a theme of this plane, but who knows maybe we can work with other 'artforms'.

That said how many mechanics do we have?

>Vivid
>Unpainted?
>Perform
>Conduct
>Harmonize?
>Exalted

That said an argument could be made for introducing a couple more mechanics in the second or third set (depending on if we do new standard or old standard formatting).
>>
Sorry I wasn't available to do much art today, had to drive a lot today, doing a hospital visit in another city and whatnot.

Have a quick thing. Not by any means final, but a nice concept for a scene. The start of a Hero/Mentor relationship.

Is a Rogue stripe on Kowa too obvious a "black/white" notifier? Is Viashino Hero too colorful? I figured he'd get "bloody eye" face paint, to again make him look like the horned toad inspired dragons.
>>
>>53318815
Vivid and unpainted seem like the exact same mechanic just worded slightly differently.
Pay X for effect. Pay YX for better effect. I think we should either drop them both, or merge them.
It doesn't sound very fun for fixing to be a player's main goal in drafting, which having 2 fixing oriented mechanics in a set will lead to.
>>
I think we should do this for mechanics:
Each mechanic is focused with a faction and a color. That color is where we'll see it the most. The faction it is in will see it the next most. If we are still doing the lore of, "The factions will become wedges/shards when the worldsong is brought back together and be made whole, just like the plane shall be," then the factions "lost" color should have this mechanic very sparingly as some subtle foreshadowing.
Then finally, have 1 mechanic that's in all the colors as a broad overarching theme.
>>
>>53319092
Wow sorry I worded this poorly. Let me fix this up:
Each mechanic is devoted to a color and a faction. The devoted color gets the most of it. The faction's 2nd color gets the mechanic as well. If we are going to give factions a 3rd color next set, then these factions should be in that next color on 1 or 2 cards.
We should also have a mechanic found in all the colors, similar to how Kaladesh had energy all over the place, or Innistrad had Transforming cards.
>>
>>53318945
Looks nice my man.

>>53319139
Semi-going off of that earlier post with mechanics to colors, how do these sound?
>Black: Exalted
>Red: Perform
>White: Conduct
>Green: Vivid or Harmonize
>Blue: Weave
>All Colors: Harmonize or Vivid (Depends on what's given to Green)
>>
Rolled 20, 30, 22 = 72 (3d36)

>>
>>53281568
This is a tad off-topic, but there is something that astonishes me. I have not seriously played magic nor do I intend to. But a lot of planes/sets just seem incredibly interesting visually, like a place I'd absolutely love to visit. And yet to my knowledge there is not a single MtG RPG. Why is that?
>>
>>53319802
Well WotC has been releasing Planeshift:___ stuff that converts some setting stuff into DnD 5e.

If I had to guess the main reason why Magic hasn't gotten a full on RPG, you'd either have it set on one plane which would be generic fantasy or the players would be plane walkers and they could just keep hopping from plane to plane and avoid literally all of their problems.
>>
>>53319905
Oh yes, the latter would need to be avoided if you want any stakes at all. I'll look up the planeshifts, thanks.
>>
Am I understanding Vivid correctly?
>Cost: 2/R 2/R
>Vivid W-- If W were spent to cast ~, it gets [thing]
At least one white mana would have to be spent to cast the spell to get the benefit.

While similar, would Unpainted require spending ALL colorless?

The other idea I saw suggested looked like Converge+/Sunburst+ since it could also use colorless and by how it was worded, snow mana.
>>
Rolled 17, 17, 25 = 59 (3d36)

>>
boomp
>>
>>53322356
Pretty sure that's Vivid works, yeah.
And I believe that you got Unpainted right as well, which is why we're putting Unpainted away for now, since all it is is more expensive Vivid.
>>
>>53322467
Although some kind of mechanic to represent the unsung lands would be nice eventually, such as in the next set. Maybe just changeling? And then a legendary could be "This card is every color at all times."
>>
Rolled 25, 16, 29 = 70 (3d36)

>>
File: hrmmm.png (134KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
hrmmm.png
134KB, 2589x1983px
>>53318653
I like the idea of the creator deciding to leave the plane be, though I want to say that there might be more to it than that, considering the Unsung lands. Either way, It adds a lot to Kowa's character, and I like it.

>>53318945
ooh, I love it! I really like the idea of Viashino Hero being so colorful, it makes him a lot more personable and stiff than a lot of white mana protagonists.

Also Kowa a cute! Cute!

>>53319584
This seems good to me.

>>53324230
Color changeling could be interesting. I liked the idea last thread of having them have cards that were reverse skullkin, where they penalized cards that weren't a certain color as opposed to buffing cards that were.
>>
File: 1494863928153.jpg (306KB, 1700x678px) Image search: [Google]
1494863928153.jpg
306KB, 1700x678px
Rolled 36, 10, 2 = 48 (3d36)

>>53327395
That should be *not stiff.

Either way, more rolls for the mill!
>>
>>53327395
Something like
>Dancing Chameleon
>Rarity: Rare
>Cost: 5
>3/4
>Changeling
>This card's color is whatever mana was used to cast it, up to five colors.
>>
>>53327886
Maybe that could be the keyword for Vivid? "this card is the number of colors used to cast it?"

That said, I like that card as a rare on the weaker end of the set. Kind of like a weird sunburst effect.
>>
Rolled 19, 35, 26 = 80 (3d36)

>>53328077
>this card is the number of colors used to cast it?
>Vivid X - If X colors were used to cast this card, then Y.
Dunno. Flows better, but the color-specific Vivid could be better mechanically/flavor-wise.
>>
>>53328378
I would have it be then something like "IF more than X colors were used to cast this" so that you can have really powerful vivids using four or five
>>
>>53328412
And then in the Unsung set we could introduce reverse Vivid, Unpainted or something.
>If X or less colored mana was used to cast this, Y"
And then Harmonize would go to green, which fits with being in tune to nature and things. It'd also kinda fit into black, as you could make the argument that it's people getting in tune with Death and such.
>>
>>53318945
So, thinking about or actual party, who should we have? So far we've got our protagonist in the form of the Horned Viashino, and a mentor turned villain in the form of Kowa. Who else should we have join along.

The Goblin with the worldsong shard might be good, but we need more than just them. A vampire maybe, or perhaps some kind of demon follower? And what about a merfolk?

>>53329926
I like that. Speaking of which, what should we call the sets? First one probably should be the plane name to fit with tradition, maybe have the second one be Worldsong?

I'll be back later, so keep on rolling if you can!
>>
>>53330000
>Plane Name
>Song of Creation
>Al Fine

Al Fine comes from music Da Capo Al Fine, which is go back to the beginning play until the finish. So that fits the Angels wanting to do the reset button to go back to the beginning
>>
File: transguild-courier-cropped.jpg (144KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
transguild-courier-cropped.jpg
144KB, 464x664px
Rolled 14, 6, 35 = 55 (3d36)

>>53324230
Wording should be like this.

>>53328077
I like the old function of Vivid more. Easier to work with and keep track of. Although there could be vivids that require more colors, or more than just one of a color.
Example: A creature that would normally be a good mono white 3-drop 2/W 2/W W , but could become a powerful 5 drop if Vivid UGBR is active.
>>
Rolled 18, 21, 26 = 65 (3d36)

>>53330000
nice quads
How do these sound
>Paranoid as hell elf that wants to conquer her fears, especially her one of death
>By getting a Fragment and achieving immortality, vampirism is a bit too "turning into a humanoid animal and losing sapience" for her tastes
>Fishman/woman that wants to meet the original hydra
>Personality beyond that is ??? because I got jack shit
Also, I vote for the original hydra to be under the great river. Maybe it even made the great river.

>>53330602
Nice, but I'd change the 2nd one to something to do with "unmaking" or colorless stuff to represent the focus on Unsung lands.
>>
>>53330857
"Unmaking," to me at least, seems to have to much of a connotation of undoing or destroying. That doesn't quite seem to fit unsung lands. They're like raw clay that has yet to be formed into something.
>>
File: file.png (65KB, 739x562px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
65KB, 739x562px
>>53330000
Yeah someone I was thinking of was a "Elf Vampire" who may ultimately try to go straight, sweat out the bloodlust before she goes full monster.

I was thinking a Blue Aligned human who has conversations with himself. maybe revealed to be Hydra in secret. we haven't talked much about humans after all.

Alternatively a Mute Merfolk who has a Hydra sprout for a tongue that "speaks" for him, kind of like those weird tongue lice.

Red Goblin with the destruction song seems like a likely candidate, but also perhaps he had made a kachina golem as well? what if he programmed it with the destruction song.

A little black spider spirit, that acts as a red herring for the Kowa. Being all... nefarious seeming and whatnot. When ultimately it was tiny and fragile, and didn't want to be squished so it was talking a big game with little to back it up.

Also, Bighorn or Littlehorn, which would be a better "surname" for our Viashino Hero?
>>
>>53332106
Bighorn
He may have little horns compared to actual dragons, but compared to other folk of his race, they're large as hell.
>>
File: file.png (134KB, 590x658px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
134KB, 590x658px
>>53332106
Just a quick doodle.

Where do we stand on the blue tribe "Writing Knowledge" on everything idea by the way? Like on weapons, on houses, on staves, on instruments, on themselves?
>>
>>53332166
I'd assume "everywhere visible and easy to get to."
So not completely covering their entire body, but limbs most definitely. Same for the house, you're not gonna read the corner of the basement, but you'd probably read the walls.
>>
>>53332264
Good call. Here have a Vampire elf.
>>
>>53330857
>>53330977
Just trying to think of some music terms that could be useful for naming conventions.

Maybe for the second set something to do with dissonance. It's a chord that lacks harmony and sounds incomplete until it resolves in a harmonious chord.
>>
Rolled 27, 36, 11 = 74 (3d36)

>>53332307
>How'd you lose the finger?
>How do you think I became a vampire? I ate it.

>>53332393
Easy as hell then. Song of Dissonance.

Don't forget to roll, by the way guysm
>>
Rolled 16, 31, 22 = 69 (3d36)

>>53332495
Yeah I keep forgetting to the dice
>>
>>53332495
This started out as a funny drawing....

I think I made a series of mistakes.

Another good name... "Nailbiter"
>>
Rolled 2, 32, 34 = 68 (3d36)

>>53334431
L-lewd
>>
>>53318945
That's amazon gift. And no, it's not heavy handed or anything. And while it's a giveaway as far as her color since Magic angels' appearance are usually tied to it. That's fine. We have spider angels and green demons. Won't give away that she's the BBEG.

>>53324230
We do still have just colorless creatures from the Unsung Lands. While a mechanic would be nice, maybe playing with color doesn't need a keyword. Put Vivid on a lot of them, maybe tie them to certain land types, or anti-color abilities since the Unsung act as reflections. All-color creatures would be rad too.

>>53330805
I also prefer this Vivid. Can be put on any card type, any color, and can be as complex as you need it.
>Vivid B
>Vivid UU
>Vicid GRWU

>>53332166
>>53332307
I like these. Even if that guy doesn't become a main character we should keep him around.

Also, what will wendivampires look like?

>>53332495
So
>The Unsung of Ur
>Song of Discord
>Al Fine

I'll also offer up something like Wake of the Worldsong as a name fore the final set. Chorus of~ Finale of~
>>
File: file.png (590KB, 1221x1406px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
590KB, 1221x1406px
>>53334477
it was meant to be cute honest.

Looking in the mirror was a perhaps not the best reference.

have another quick thing.

>>53334615
>Also, what will wendivampires look like?
I figured they'd go on a gradient. Like for the sake of example I'll use elf
>elf
>elf vampire (sharper teeth, finger bones bursting out the tips)
>vampire (become taller hairier bigger mouth grow horns)
>vampire demon (head starts bleeding
>demon (how demons look currently)

There was some nice pic from a mike mignola book that had a bit of the look I was thinking of.

But basically more bestial as time goes on. This is a rough estimate.

But yeah they're typed vampires, but really should draw visual cues from wendigos.
>>
File: file.png (802KB, 504x768px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
802KB, 504x768px
>>53334715
Found it. Basically this, with horns. With headmeat melting away to reveal the "skull mask" underneath.

What makes me think is that wendigos/vampires could look different depending on the race it used to be. Goblins being little lanky armed miscreants, merfolk turning into long bodied sausages due to becoming more regular-fish-like.
>>
Rolled 36, 31, 2 = 69 (3d36)

>>53334715
I want that lizard as an absolutely disgusting reaction image now.
>>
>>53332307
>>53334431
>A Vampire Initiate, Thornheart "Lostfinger" of the Scorpion Clan spent her entire life fearing death, but covering it up in the bravado and fervor of the hunt. Upon beginning her transformation, she thought the newfound strength would put her decades of unrest behind her.
>One say she comes across the scent of a goblin and stalks the rare prey deep into the jungles where she learns of his Worldsong fragment. Right before she would take the goblin's life, she changes her mind and fights her bloodlust, hoping that by joining the goblin's quest she can find the Song of Life.
>But fighting the beast curse within her and abandoning her tribe, she is seen as weak, and puts the whole party at risk as vampire beasts are sent after them.
>>
Rolled 27, 7, 27 = 61 (3d36)

>>53332166
I got it for this guy
>All the worshipers of the hydra and it's many heads, go on missions, scour the world for one thing: Knowledge.
>Whether this is scholarly knowledge, knowledge of magic, knowledge of cookery, or whatever, it doesn't matter. Knowledge is knowledge and the accumulation of it can only lead to positive growth as a whole. Or finding a Fragment.
>This guy is stuck with a particularly tough bit of knowledge to find out: How to tell a great
story. A story with moving characters, with comedy and drama and song and dance, all of it.
>You see, his sprout thinks it's on to something, with all the stories and myths of the world, and their importance, there's gotta be a correlation between them and Fragments, right?
>And this lizard guy and his group looks like they could make a good story, so why not join up and help out? Could also learn something else along the way.
>>
Rolled 33, 2, 2 = 37 (3d36)

>dealing with Unsung
>trying to assemble the World
>stop crazy angels from hitting reset button on plane
>everything seems to be going fine
>the party sees this fag appear

How does the set improve?
>>
>>53330602
I second >>53332393 but otherwise, I quite like the ideas. Coda might be another option in the event Al Fine doesn't sound right
>>53332106
All of this is great. I like the human, I like the idea of the goblin having a kachina, and I really like some kind of spider-spirit as a red herring villain.
>>53332166
>>53332307
>>53334431
>>53334715
All of this is amazing. Lostfinger/Nailbiter is wonderful, and I love it.
>>53334799
Agreed. Until Dawn had a fantastic Wendigo aesthetic as well, especially with their insect-like motions while still being humanoid, and we could totally do a lot with Vampires being able to bend and contort in ways that make them visually uncomfortable to humans.
>>53335135
Excellent!
>>53335201
Frankly the only thing I can think of this this.
>The world is ending, the Worldsong has been sung, and Kowa is beginning to reshape the fabric of Ur.
>Our heroes ready themselves for the final battle, tense and ready.
>The gatewatch appears, confused but eager.
>Bighorn, Doomgoblin, and Lostfinger look them over before shrugging.
>Doomgoblin walks over to Jace, and hands him a small earthen container.
>"Hold my beer"

And thus, the final battle began.

I'm heading off for tonight, but keep on going, this stuff is amazing!
>>
Rolled 7, 29, 13 = 49 (3d36)

>>53335201
>Jacewatch
You best stop this immediately.
That said this plane has/will produce a couple of planeswalkers, like that guy who can shape Unsung land a bit back. Maybe somebody else too. A sphinx? People been wanting that for a bit now.
>>
>>53335615
I wouldn't be against there being no walkers, or at least as main characters. That being said, a sphinx planeswalker would be cool. Design a nonChandra, nonDragon walker in red maybe.
>>
Rolled 12, 7, 16 = 35 (3d36)

>>53335739
>yfw Nailbiter manages to ignite her spark by the end of the set
>>
File: image.jpg (952KB, 3090x2204px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
952KB, 3090x2204px
Posting a sphinx. Might finish a second sphinx, or at least add to this.

>>53335828
>cute elfwalker
Eh, okay.
>>
Rolled 20, 7, 4 = 31 (3d20)

>>53336270
I'm really digging the design to that sphinx
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2384x3104px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2384x3104px
>>53336277
Thanks.

Here's more.
>>
Rolled 9, 26, 27 = 62 (3d36)

>>53335828
I don't mind but she'd seems like a weird character to make the walker
>>
Rolled 12, 33, 15 = 60 (3d36)

>>
>>53335615
I quite like the sphinx planeswalker idea, especially as an almost side character to the plane.

I could see their spark igniting after a particularly underwhelming, boring, trite display from some people it was terrorizing. It was bored to death possibly quite literally, at which point its inherent "survival mechanism" that is the spark sent it whirling through the blind eternities. Now it takes what it pleases, in terms of artwork, treasure, artifacts, and tucks them away in a secluded mountain cave that becomes a legendary treasure trove.

They might have ultimately entered a Xenagos style malaise with the multiverse too.

They might've tried to explain that their spark ignited from being particularly WOW'ed to try and make it seem more exciting.

I had separate ideas about the Unsung Shaper.

I like the idea about a tertiary or secondary character being a planeswalker and our main "party" interacting with them, sort of emphasizes their "oneness" or "importance" to the plane, while like allowing them to bounce off of some truly bizarre antics.

>>53339372
She has a drive to not die, which usually is what ignites sparks... but I see what you mean, she doesn't seem particularly "mage-y" as she is right now. Might be something that happens to a supporting Merfolk Sage or the Blue guy with the talking tongue more likely, if it had to be someone in the party. Bighorn's destiny is tied with the plane, so I can't imagine it being him.

>>53337157
>>53336270
These. These are good things. Very good things.
>>
>>53342422
Now that we got a pretty good grip on the basics of the setting and its protagonists,(Who I will try to write about later, I swear not to disappoint. Probably.), we should start getting on to the crunch side of things.
>>
>>53343088
Oops, that uh, wasn't meant to be a reply to someone
>>
Rolled 24, 12, 5 = 41 (3d36)

>>53342422
>I had separate ideas about the Unsung Shaper.
Got any of them to share?
>>
>>53336277
>>53337157
These are fantastic, and I also cant help but think that in black and white these are kind of Juggalo Sphinxes, which is simultaneously horrifying and hilarious.

>>53342422
I really like this. A Walker igniting from sheer boredom, as well as being a red walker alternative to Burn or Artifacts is pretty cool. I figure in true party sphinx style, he'd be super based around red's old chaos effects, making characters wheel of fortune or changing spells targets and such. He's here to make things as interesting as possible.

>>53345394
Ooh, I'd like to hear as well.

>>53343088
I think we probably need a little more solidification on the protagonists and the major plot in general, but that said, a lot of that can come from the design of the cards themselves. Lets start workshopping!

I'd say first thing to do is figure out exactly how we want each major faction to kind of play, in regards to their keywords. It's looking like white's going to be token control and swarm versus black's exalted eggs in a basket.
>>
>>53345394
>>53346778
One idea I had came from some musings on the nature of spirits on this plane, and how they could be related to the power of music and stories. Basically a thought I had was if enough stories are told about something or someone, they become a spirit, either after they die or as they still live, or as a wholly separate entity (haven't figured out which yet). The remembered dead and important ancestors can come back as spirits to guide their decendants, a stag that was particularly powerful or fast and managed to escape every hunters arrow, becomes a spirit animal that is proud of its strength and speed.

Basically the shaper in the unsung lands could be a Spirit of the Creator Force (or of something similar in power like Coyote). Not literally the creator, but as people tell stories about him shaping the world from nothing, the ambient story magic would coalesse into another creature thats remarkably similar, albeit not the same, and of reduced power. That fits into some fable themes, "the wise old man at the side of the road was so and so all along!" "Zeus was a heron today", and whatnot. But my main issue with this is that it does take away the mystery of where the Creator Force has gone, which again, is why its more of a pale imitation.

But I prefer this alternate idea, which is that the Unsung Shaper a shapeshifter spirit, a resident of the unsung lands itself, that happens to really want to be important or like the sentient races of the world, and so styles itself as immensely powerful and wise. It was some unsung creature at one point, but found a bit of the world song, so it decided, hey why not give it a try. So he fashions a disguise for itself, makes itself look human or elf or animal, and starts making a name for itself. The issue is of course is that it is merely pretending, and that might be a source of strife.
A creature that wants to be anybody but itself.
>>
Rolled 2, 11, 30 = 43 (3d36)

>>53346778
Blue is definitely something to do with card draw, as discussed before. Maybe something to do with "learning" something from your opponent as well?
Green could be all about attrition, slowly but surely gaining advantage on the opponent, before going for the throat with some huge creatures.
Red not sure on, maybe something to do with "either you play this card now or never" to imply impulsiveness? Probably a good deal of creatures too, for perform costs.
>>
Rolled 14, 15, 9 = 38 (3d36)

>>53347080
Sounds neato anon, especially that second idea. The question is, what fragment did it get?
>>
Any objections to swapping out Vishano (or how ever you spell it) with kobolds? MTG has very little on the vish and frankly I think kobolds would fit as we are trying to make dragons such a focus point of a group, it would make more theme sense for kobolds to be their populous/foot soldiers.
>>
File: Kher Keep.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Kher Keep.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>53347850
Honestly I'd rather keep Viashino. Kobolds in MtG are basically confined to one place in Dominaria and are little blue goblins like in pic related. As much as I like kobolds, they're more suited to a D&D version of this similar concept, whereas here we can play more with Viashino resembling different types of lizards as they do throughout the planes. Zebra Lizards for the common class, Gila Monster viziers, Horned Toad soldiers, Bearded Dragon elders, the list goes on.

Plus MtG's got way more on Viashino at least comparatively, though I will admit it's usually just "there are these lizard people here. On Jund they are buff crocodiles, on Ravnica they are velociraptors."

>>53347080
This is awesome. Kind of like a Mistform Ultimus that was an actual character, instead of just being a big thing.
>>
Rolled 30, 25, 28 = 83 (3d36)

>>53347850
I'm thought Viashino was just another word for kobolds/lizard dudes.
Plus kobolds are also already used in MTG, and are little goblin dudes, as mentioned above.
>>
>>53347986
Viashino have 0 real ties to dragons in MTG lore. They can care about them like anyone else can, but their blood lines aren't the same.
Kobolds are lizard folk with a much more real bond with dragons, whether it's by blood or servitude. It would fit better for thematic if we were going to give the dragon clan a people base other then just dragons.

>>53347958
If it's fine for the Vish to be put on other planes besides dominaria and to be dramatically changed into bara crocodiles instead of spindly twinks that bounce themselves back to your hand then I don't see why making Kobolds more conventional lizard people would be an issue.
Though this is your plane after all, so if you'd rather see viashino as the creature type and not kobold I can't really force your hand.
>>
>>53348166
I mean, to be fair in MtG lore, the only dragon they have ties to is Prossh, and thats because he comes in and eats them every few days and they worship him for it.

That said, I don't mind Kobolds showing up here actually, but I'd still rather keep the Viashino as the primary white civilized race. Maybe have them as some kind of precursor race to the Viashino, or perhaps the Goblin equivalent to the Viashino's Orcs? Or even maybe something weird and wild in the plane's animal world, like Ouphes or Pucas or Sliths?
>>
File: file.png (63KB, 540x211px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
63KB, 540x211px
>>53347958
I thought the Dragons were already themed off horned toads, if perhaps more colorful, and horned viashino were "chosen ones".

>>53348166
Based off current lore in the plane, it sounds more like dragons found a group of beings that would do a decent job of listening to them and obeying orders, and these beings would do their hardest to imitate them. Viashino are lizard folk that want to look like dragons and be like dragons due to the creation myth, wearing horned headdresses, and having colorful outfits and colorful scales.
>>
>>53348430
I was thinking of some kind of land cycle to reflect some aspect of the "unsung" lands with the shaper. Let me know if I'm onto something

Unformed Peak
Land-Desert Mountain
1 and Tap: Add Two Mana in any combination of RR, CR, CC

Not sure if it should enter the battlefield tapped or not. Basically its like the filter lands minus the ability to tap for colorless mana and plus a basic land typing to make it "fetch-able" in theory. I was debating on if it should use 1 and tap or R and tap as the cost. because 1 and tap lets it "change" the color of any other land, into say Red in the case of the unformed peak, thus would be good for color fixing for vivid costs.

Plus it reflects the unsung lands as having the "structure" for how the world should be, and being simultaneously resilient and receptive to change. you pour mana into it, and it becomes the thing it was always meant to be (a big red mountain) or it keeps remaining "unsung".
>>
Rolled 11, 26, 15 = 52 (3d36)

>>53348430
also i keep forgetting to roll...
>>
File: fetch!.png (159KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
fetch!.png
159KB, 2589x1983px
>>53348790
I actually forgot we based them off horned toads, I just remembered them being lizards. Suddenly Bighorns face paint went from adorable to inspiring.

Also does that mean our dragons shoot blood from their eyes? I want to say either that or eye lasers.

>>53349104
Ooh, I like this a lot. A colorless red filter land could be super useful considering out relatively monocolor our set is in terms of factions. Its a weirdly functional utility that I like a lot.

Maybe we can have Unsung spells/creatures/effects that work as some kind of land exchange too, like swapping deserts from hand to play and such? Emphasizes the changing nature of the Unsung lands, while getting them the mana variety they need for Vivid using their filter lands.
>>
>>53349104
I love deserts, and good "mono"color lands. I'd be for something along this vein.

I thought up a land cycle of deserts a while back that tapped for a single mana type, but could be brought in tapped in exchange for more mana types. Maybe that's a way to do dual lands in this set.
>whatever desert, desert, tap for 1
>keyword: etb tapped with a charge counter
>if this land has a charge counter, tap for colors

>>53348166
Zero ties maybe, but they're more Magic than kobolds, and dragons enslave humans and goblins all the time. As >>53348430 mentioned, it's kind of a orc-golblin-ogre thing since it's all made up. Not that Magic is consistent, given it forgot dwarves existed for a decade (save for like two random Eventide cards) and then decided to make it a relevant creature type again. I'd vote viashino though.

>>53347128
Could see blue dealing with alternate draw/hand resources. Enchantment and artifacts that sac for cards, creatures that can do the same, effects that exile cards that you can trade your hand out for.

Red, well we have inspiration and looting themes, three major creature types, and Perform. Chaos as a mechanic always sounds fun, until it makes you lose a game a steady Bolt or Incinerate may have won you. Maybe the sphinxes could have an instant/sorcery/prowess thing going on, but I'd hesitate to recommend that as a color-wide theme. Maybe an "if you discard a card" or graveyard theme to go with the inspiration and creation ideas?

>>53342422
>>53346778
Many thanks. Any other ideas for art? Otherwise I may just draw some Nowa or Lostfinger stuff.
>>
>>53349522
I'd love to see what you think a battle-kachina would look like, but more Nowa and Lostfinger are great!

Some kind of madness/discard heavy ability for Red might be great. Maybe something like Evoke or Channel for that "Burst of creativity" style of spell?
>>
File: file.png (654KB, 701x469px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
654KB, 701x469px
>>53349522
>Nowa or Lostfinger
I'd love for both. As the random jerk who originally drew lost finger I'd like to see that. With Kowa I'd like to see something of her outfit. I imagined her wearing something like a hairpipe breastplate.

Perhaps sorting out the angel's way of dress would be a nice idea.
>>
>>53349367
I'm not sure if it'd be any good, but what comes to mind for the swapping lands mechanic is something similar to Ninjustsu. It sort of plays to how the unpainted lands are still in a state of flux and have the potential to become anything.

Then again, so does Evolving Wilds
>>
So far the general mechanical theme of the setting is "mana matters"
This is shown with using extra colors to do different things and CMC
How else could we express this theme?
>>
>>53350053
See, I would do it less like ninjutsu and more like a creature effect. Something like this
Unsung Sower
Some mana cost, probably green
1/2 or something
Tap, return an untapped Desert you control to your hand: Put a Desert from your hand into play.
>>
>>53349881
I don't need much comvincing to draw angels. I'll see what I get up to.

>>53349692
And I'll look into that too. Been contemplating a Vivid card along those lines.
>Kachina Sword-dancer, 1R, 1/1 construct
>First strike
>Vivid W - if W was used to cast this spell, ~ enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter.
>~ has vigilance as long as it has a +1/+1 counter.
>"What do you mean you can't get close enough to stop it? Why would you want to stop it?"
I'm imagining a sphinx creating a kachina that never stops dancing, but just freaks everyone out because it dances with blades way to close.

And maybe a discard sub-theme will be enough for red. Give it lots of looting and some When you discard triggers. Electrickery draws and pings twice, and 1R gets you shock and Scry 2, so why not RR for a shock that loots? Red creatures that have discard costed abilities, or a threshold-type, mini-dementia theme.
>Art Goblin, 1R, 2/1 goblin shaman
>+1/+1 if you have two card types in your graveyard
Or
>+1/+1 if you have an instant and a sorcery in your discard pile

Another idea,
>2R, 2/2
>pay 1R and exile two cards with different card types from your grabeyard: +2/+2 until end of turn
Something like that that wouldn't require another keyworded mechanic be introduced or replace what we have.
>>
>>53350269
...Looking at that kachina, It's made me realize we have to reprint Null Rod. That's the exact kind of nonsense that a bored sphinx would make just to troll other sphinxes.
>"It doesn't do anything"
>>
>>53350113
Well we have Vivid, hybrid-2 mana, colorless creatures, and Harmonize on the table so far.

Ignoring things like landwalk and protection, some "if you control a [land type]" cards would work. Or a cycle of creatures with "If you paid three types of mana to cast this spell," on them. Not quite Vivid, but similar theme and in any combination (even colorless). Another anon had a similar idea.

Another potential use of the keyword Unpainted might be for Vivid with distinct amounts of colorless mana I their costs.
>Vivid CC - If CC mana was used to cast this creature, it enters the battlefield with an unpainted token. (Permanents with unpainted tokens are colorless.)
And have creatures that get bonuses if they're colorless.
>>
Fairly short writing piece I just made, I'll ask for thoughts, but know going in I consider my writing skills to not be very good. Or even good at all, really.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1busl9JQPGcAq2DcfPbgPqmFmt0dB0jw6g6gqJy6Dvi0/
>>
>>53351015
Your writing skills are perfectly fine! A couple weird tense things here and there, but frankly who cares, I give it a thumbs up!
It also gives quite an interesting idea of Bighorn being not just bad at fighting, but impossibly bad at fighting. It's almost preternatural. Of course, considering that he's a Horned Viashino, that's all he's ever been taught that he can train in. It takes being on the road before he figures out what he's actually good at.

All in favor of Bighorn's proper name being Hawagra?
>>
Rolled 19, 6, 6 = 31 (3d36)

>>53351708
Well, I'll take that as a semi-win for the books then.

>>53350269
Ooh, and then you could have an enchantment that deals damage whenever you discard, and a few creatures that get stronger the smaller your hand is.
>>
Rolled 33, 32, 16 = 81 (3d36)

I'm gonna just start rolling a few times so we can get closer to the finish.
>>
Rolled 20, 28, 22 = 70 (3d36)

>>53353729
I will also deanon, whoops, and post some art because I can.
>>
File: 1480190497181.jpg (303KB, 1600x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1480190497181.jpg
303KB, 1600x1030px
Rolled 11, 9, 30 = 50 (3d36)

>>53353751
>>
File: 1488661636725.jpg (284KB, 1920x964px) Image search: [Google]
1488661636725.jpg
284KB, 1920x964px
Rolled 20, 12, 1 = 33 (3d36)

>>53353784
>>
File: masahiro-sawada-magma.jpg (949KB, 1710x3040px) Image search: [Google]
masahiro-sawada-magma.jpg
949KB, 1710x3040px
>>53353847
This is the kind of landscape I think of when I think of Unsung mountains.
>>
File: sylvain-sarrailh-pillars.jpg (408KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sylvain-sarrailh-pillars.jpg
408KB, 1920x1080px
Rolled 18, 32, 22 = 72 (3d36)

>>53353896
Whoops, forgot to roll last time.
>>
File: joao-paulo-bragato-watchersall.jpg (1016KB, 1920x941px) Image search: [Google]
joao-paulo-bragato-watchersall.jpg
1016KB, 1920x941px
Rolled 20, 20, 9 = 49 (3d36)

>>53353921
>>
File: Loafish.jpg (458KB, 2550x3507px) Image search: [Google]
Loafish.jpg
458KB, 2550x3507px
Rolled 35, 19, 14 = 68 (3d36)

>>53354066
And here, before I go and start to get to work on that map, I did some art of Hydra-Riding Fish.
>>
File: photobomb.png (161KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
photobomb.png
161KB, 2589x1983px
Rolled 3, 33, 23 = 59 (3d36)

Alright here's the current map! Let's keep rolling!
>>
Rolled 20, 3, 31 = 54 (3d36)

>>53355813
And roll it up again!
>>
Rolled 13, 18, 29 = 60 (3d36)

>>53355813
>reached the top left edge
neat
>>
Rolled 31, 30, 20 = 81 (3d36)

Again, with feeling!
>>
Rolled 3, 12, 14 = 29 (3d36)

>>53357723
So is this just the one continent on the plane, or are there others? Or is this a flatworld sort of deal, where the edges of the map drop off to nothingness?
>>
Rolled 30, 13, 24 = 67 (3d36)

>>53357870
I'd say we actually have a choice with that. Do we stop the continent now as is, keep going, or just have the world as one big kind of pseudo-looping plane (the geometrical kind, not the metaphysical kind.) where the edges are raw Unsung matter, loose enough to be formless but contained enough to create pathways between both sides.
>>
>>53357870
The way I'm envisioning it is that its a mostly "land" plane. Like its mostly earth rather than water. That said I think we might develop some "island continents".

we'd have this nice river that loops round the world as our main water mass, along with some lakes and stuff.

I guess the issue is when do we start filling things in without dice rolls just to finish it off consistently. should we dedicate some areas to "Work on" with dice rolls? should we finish looping that western river to the edge of the world.?
>>
Rolled 7, 5, 30 = 42 (3d36)

>>53358142
I figure the plane is kind of just this big rolling expanse of landscape that fades in and out of itself then. Since it's unfinished, it never actually got the whole oceans and continents thing down, so its just land and parts of Unsung stuff that could be land.
>>
File: file.png (230KB, 1351x559px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
230KB, 1351x559px
Rolled 29, 27, 8 = 64 (3d36)

>>53357723
>>53358142
I keep forgetting to roll dice sorry.

In other news I just sketched out a few "vivid" animal spirits.
They're like regular animals but with off color markings on them, that could match the "vivid" cost.

2/B Spider with Vivid Green
>>
File: That right there is Hydratown.png (164KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
That right there is Hydratown.png
164KB, 2589x1983px
Rolled 22, 15, 32 = 69 (3d36)

A quick map update before I leave for a few hours/possibly the night. I'll leave you all with some prompting questions.

What are the more general creatures of Ur? Do we have Wurms, Hellions, Dinosaurs, what? Are there Thunderbirds in the sky and Ahuizotl in the lakes?

What are the "proper" schools of song-magic?

And most importantly, how did our Goblin get the Worldsong Fragment and meet Kowa?
>>
>>53360471
Excellent, they look awesome!
>>
Rolled 16, 13, 21 = 50 (3d36)

>>53360576
Thunderbirds and Ahuizotl/Underwater Panther are both a must, very popular in Native American myth. Know there were some bat creatures in Mesoamerican myths, and we could probably add some special kind of wolves, snakes, and insects in some sort of way.
Also, there should be no horses of any sort. Llamas and alpacas are the closest thing they got, and they're not that good.

>What are the "proper" schools of song-magic?
Don't think there is one, aside from some really basic tips, you can't boil music down to a formula, learning and performing it is different for practically everyone, as is resonating with the magic of the world.
>>
Rolled 8, 11, 24 = 43 (3d36)

>>
File: file.png (139KB, 681x729px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
139KB, 681x729px
>>53360576
Have another red Kachina, mostly inspired by stumbling on this puppet video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QihoFpayAzE

2R Double Dancer Kachina
Artifact Creature-Golem 2/2
Menace
When this creature dies create two 1/1 (colorless?) golem artifact creature tokens.

Basically he's meant for plays and stories where someone would usually get violently bisected.
>>
Rolled 28, 32, 4 = 64 (3d36)

>>53360471
>RW Wolf best spirit
>>
This sounds like an awesome plane, but I'm scared to get involved since there's so much more already.

Is there a 1d4chan or a paste in where I can catch up before contributing?
>>
>Serra Dragons
kek
>>
>>53365824
I don't think so. You could read through the first thread if you want but I think just spit balling an idea is perfectly fine
>>53223391
>>
Rolled 12, 21, 18 = 51 (3d36)

>>53282234
I'm just noticing now that thing has a penis
>>
>>53366464
Oh shit, I didn't even read the OP all the way.

Jesus Christ that Google doc is a fucking mess
>>
Rolled 29, 21, 32 = 82 (3d36)

>>53366826
desu I didn't even realize there was a google doc in the OP
>>
So some random ideas slapped together after working through the mess of a doc

>World names: Dünya, Tchesh, Æün, Pewatt, Woda

>World exists as free floating landmasses as rings around a larger celestial body that is also "unfinished
>>
>>53368026
>Real reason the world is unfinished is because the Gatewatch killed the Eldrazi Titans, so the plane's rebirth couldn't be completed. This leads to a few remnants of the last world floating about
>>
>>53366709
I think that's just part of a fat roll.
>>
Rolled 28, 20, 19 = 67 (3d36)

>>53368026
I think Tchesh or Pewatt sounds the best. And I like the floating landmasses thing, though instead of rings around a celestial body, how about a barely held-together planet? That way the day/night cycle isn't so funky.
>>
>>53368228
Sounds too much like Zendikar with it's fucky landscape. I like the nomadicism that would be imposed upon the "mortal races due to the ever shifting nature of the rings. I also like the possibility of subtle cosmic themes, as most Native American peoples had the stars pretty well understood
>>
Also I think the Dragons should look like Piasa Birds, as twins and foils to the Sphinxes.

The Dragons are all about stringent order, while the Sphinxes represent indulgent chaos
>>
File: dragon4.jpg (37KB, 526x289px) Image search: [Google]
dragon4.jpg
37KB, 526x289px
>>53368396
Pic related
>>
Rolled 26, 35, 27 = 88 (3d36)

>>53368396
How do Hydras and the Dragons get along?
>>
>>53368452
I would imagine the Hydras and the Dragons would be the most antagonistic races, the later more so than the former.

All the other races preach a certain sense of survival and self reliance in a world that makes Takir look like a nice place to visit. Sure you can end up getting eaten by a Wendigo, or an Angel (What's a good Native American equivalent), or a Sphinx, or get your soul stolen by a Hydra through some Faustian pact, but Dragons will enslave you and force you to build and farm and fight.

Dragons take the White to the extreme, imposing their order upon a naturally chaotic and "pure" world. Classic civilization versus nature type deal.
>>
Rolled 29, 9, 21 = 59 (3d36)

>>53368356
>Sounds too much like Zendikar with it's fucky landscape.
Fair enough, but I think the continent we're making now should be mostly whole, with one of the reasons the protagonists are being formed together is to repair/stop the continent from falling apart. Or at least, that's what they're told. And the nomads could become more prevalent later on, as the story and set move closer to the edges of the continent. Have a Worldsong fragment one of the far off landmasses as a plotpoint.

>>53368396
>>53368406
The dragons already got a horned lizard look, but that doesn't mean the designs can't be synthesized, or the piasa bird used for another thing/the top dragon mentioned a bit ago.

>>53368452
Haven't given thought to that. Don't know what they'd get along on, despite being allied colors. Perhaps something about study and discipline?
>>
>>53368546
The ring could be made out of a few large "landmasses" or shards/plates connected by seas of sand, or steppe, or mist. Where the "seas" touch or connect with land is where you get color combos, like b/g swamps or R/U hot springs, all in a semiconstant landscape. Basically the closer you are to a solid landmass the less chaotic the sea becomes
>>
Rolled 15, 21, 26 = 62 (3d36)

>>53368086
>Jacetice League causes more problems
I can dig it
>>
Rolled 3, 6, 10 = 19 (3d36)

>>53368608
Sounds like a perfect fit for the Unsung lands.
>>
Rolled 28, 19, 16 = 63 (3d36)

>>53368086
>This leads to a few remnants of the last world floating about
That's interesting. What would these remnants look like? What would they do/contain?
>>
>>53365968
>Baneslayer Dragon
>protection from angels and sphinxes

>>53365160
Love the idea, and the drawing. And if we're making the kachina red, why not make their tokens red too?

>>53362671
Isn't llama a creature type already anyway? I can see W for a 0/4 llama. Also, aurochs in black? Swamp buffallo?
>rager horn, 2B
>2/2 auroch
>draw a card when it dies

>>53360471
Love that spider, and I refuse to believe that wolf isn't named Odin.
>>
>>53369590
Crystalline spires with the souls of the last world?
>>
>>53370935
Maybe with constructs?

Some Numernia type stuff
>>
Rolled 34, 6, 12 = 52 (3d36)

>>53369819
>Swamp buffalo.
There is such a thing as water buffalo, after all. So yeah, that works.

>>53369590
>>53370935
Some ancient ruins can be neat. Ooh, someone said we haven't talked a lot about humans, so what if they and other races are descendent from the remnant races? What if nearly all of them are?
>>
File: image.jpg (907KB, 2448x3219px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
907KB, 2448x3219px
Bumping with a sketch from lunch. Not Nowa, but just another angel. It occurs to me I don't know how to draw a dream catcher.

Will try to finish up soon, and get to other requests.
>>
>>53373359
What if the Humans are the only precursor race. And they are desperately trying to understand their own past
>>
>>53374896
Wait, were are the ruins coming from? Everyone walked out of a mountain, right?
>>
>>53375196
I wouldn't know because the "collected" lore is a fucking mess

But the idea is that the Eldrazi couldn't finish scraping this plane, because the Jacetice League killed the Titans, reducing the world to a shattered planet and a ring of tectonic plates connecting by shifting seas of chaotic lands and roiling mana.

The ancient ruins are the advanced remnants of Humanity that used to be the dominant race.
>>
>>53375576
>>53375196
Maybe the "mountain" is a bunker that the advanced civilization used to survive the Eldrazi onslaught
>>
>>53375576
Ah, okay.

Well, doc in the OP starts out with a lot of the foundational stuff from the first thread. Smashed up pieces being put back together into a half-bake plane is a cool idea, as is the human theme. Aside from Innistrad we don't see humans being interesting or standout.
>>
>>53375777
>>53375196
It thought the mountain was just a metaphor/one of the many contradicting creation stories. Which I guess it can also be now.
>>
I for one liked it more when this plane was simply a newly formed one stalled in mid-formation, rather than something made from the ruins of another. I imagine the process varies from plane to plane.
>>
>>53376531
I'd personally like to avoid Eldrazi, especially since yeah this is a new plane, and they usually went for dying old planes unless sufficiently baited somehow.

That said, the idea of "a bunker" to ride out a calamity is nice.

To once again mention an actual myth, I'itoi, The Worldshaper, and Coyote basically made the earthy ground part of the earth, then hid out in a cave once it started to rain. This let other things like plants and trees come into existence, they decided first one out was head creator god forever. Worldshaper was first, but I'itoi was insisted he should be the head god, and Worldshaper aquiessed. I'itoi would go on to make human beings but then also bring them all into his cave to hide out in the mountain at the center of the universe for... reasons I can't exactly recall (i think there was some war?), which again, they would leave and populate the land proper.

Perhaps thats something that went down, the big storm that made everyone hide in the Baboquivari (just cribbing that term for our "Mountain bunker"), was the worldsong at work, it being sung made the surface world uninhabitable while it was at work.

Perhaps it stopped so that people could go out, and live their lives.
>>
>>53376735
Yeah, I like that better too, but it doesn't mean we can't reconcile the two ideas. The "true" (as in this is the most likely thing that happened, but not necessarily 100% correct) version of the story being the creator being someone affected by the eldrazi, maybe their home was destroyed, and they tried to semi-recreate it by making this plane. And maybe they died or disappeared when trying to fight against the eldrazi when the beings resurfaced. Or maybe they didn't, and that story is false as well.

>>53377073
Or maybe this guy is right.
Important thing is that no one and everyone is right, the origin is as uncertain as the shifting Unsung lands.
>>
>>53376002
All the other races would see them as these hardy little cultural amnesiacs, that built the most advanced technology the old plane had seen. Now they're bumbling nomads.

>>53376735
>>53377073
New planes are by definition recycled old planes. Eldrazi eat old ones and leave new ones in their wake.

This plane is a weird quantum state where the past is present, the present is malformed, and the future is unfinished
>>
>>53377259
Where is it stated that Eldrazi are recyclers? I've not read all the stories, but I do know the wikis are pretty sparse for a fan effort, and only cover how they debut planes and leave behind an eldrazi-reality waste before the plane implodes. Is this speculation or has Wizards established a cannon purpose to the eldrazi?
>>
File: one sec.png (165KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
one sec.png
165KB, 2589x1983px
one sec, and I'll reply to everything
>>
File: okay there we go.png (167KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
okay there we go.png
167KB, 2589x1983px
>>53378571
Alright, now here's the updated map.

>>53362671
Llamas are great. In terms of vaguely mesoamerican myth, I might suggest something
from my New Mexican youth that might give us some interesting undead for the plane. La Llorona is a ghost of a woman who drowned in a flash flood searching for her children, and now preys upon children that wander the arroyos after dark. Idk, might make a good black/blue spirit/shade kind of thing. Also, Mexican hairless dogs, who were said to guide spirits to the underworld under the orders of the dog-headed god of death Xolotl.

>>53365160
That kachina is amazing, I love it.

>>53366826
sorry about that google doc, I literally just copypasted whatever I found in the last thread into it. If anyone wants to try and update it into something understandable, go for it.

>>53368026
I like Tchesh, though I kind of also like Ur that was floating around earlier in the threads. Pewatt isn't bad either.

>>53368086
>Kowa finds out that these weird humans and their cat fucked up the creation of her world.
>Goes absolutely goddamn ballistic.
That said, I agree with >>53377073 in that I'd like to avoid the eldrazi mostly. They're plane recyclers, but this plane was something being just created. I do kind of like >>53377208 's idea of the creation of this plane being an attempt to make a new world after a planar apocalypse. Fits with the whole Aztec "The world has ended multiple times" thing.

>>53368452
I think Sphinxes and Dragons would probably consider each other wasted potential. Dragons are great builders and creators, but do not seek the greater mysteries of the world and remain ignorant to anything beyond their law. Meanwhile Hydras are knowledgeable and wise, but do nothing with their knowledge, simply hoarding it. To each other, they're a waste.

>>53368546
I like this idea. The world, being unformed is fragile, and Kowa's prodding of the Unsung is making it even less coherent and stable.
>>53369819
Fuck yeah aurochs.
>>
>>53377572
It's mostly an inferred theory, but so far the idea is the canon purpose is recycling planes. Ulamog comes first and devours the plane's physical matter converting it into raw mass, followed by Kozilek who undoes the plane's physical laws and converts its mana into raw energy. Then Emrakul shows up and recombobulates it all back together into some kind of proto-plane, remaking life and matter from it.

A lot of it is inferred from Emrakul talking about how she can't do her job without the other two during the Eldritch Moon story line, and then fucking off to the moon to presumably wait until more eldrazi happen.
>>
>>53377208
You know as I think about it, I like this idea. A big part of this plane should be the idea that no story is entirely true. What ever the real creation of the plane was like, we don't know, but we have a hundred stories that tell of it in different ways. The truth of the stories is relative, but what matters is what they inspire in the people who hear it.

Also I can't believe I forgot about the best kind of horrifying nightmare beast of various native mythologies that we can throw in here to terrify our civilizations: Skinwalkers!
>>
Rolled 32, 11, 13 = 56 (3d36)

>>53380388
>Skinwalkers!
Can't think of a color that works for that, so how about skinwalkers simply being people who are 'tainted' by the Unsung lands, and thus have a measure of shapeshifting abilities.
>>
>>53381069
I like that idea, but I would say the "tainted" aspect could possibly come from directly using the unsung lands as mana sources for their magic. Without powerful buffers, unsung magic frays at its caster's form and self as they use it, making mages who CAN use it legendary.
>>
>>53381069
I was about to say, they could be say... Human shamen with Vivid abilities.

Swiftbear Skinwalker 2/R R
Creature- Human Shaman 2/2
Haste
Vivid Green- This creature loses haste, gains trample and gets +1/+1 Whenever it attacks.

It can be argued wether or not its creaturetype should change or get added to, like say it reads

Vivid Green- This creature loses haste, gains trample and when it attacks.
becomes a 3/3 Green Bear until the end of turn.
>>
Rolled 3, 16, 35 = 54 (3d36)

>>53381302
This is actually super cool. I like this a lot, as kind of a bootleg vivid version of an Innistrad Transform card. Alternatively, maybe them having something that's basically a weaker Totem Armor?

Swiftbear Skinwalker
Creature-Bear Shaman 3/3
Trample

If Swiftbear Skinwalker would leave play, instead it becomes a 2/2 red human.

Something kind of along those lines? I like your idea a lot though.
>>
>>53381619
A better wording would be "When Swiftbear Skinwalker dies, create a 2/2 red human shaman creature token."

Although I don't know if red would fit the theme that this creature follows.
>>
>>53381938
Yeah, thats definitely better worded, but I don't think it's quite what I'd want for the creature type. Not quite enough I think. Also yeah, the red's not quite fitting.

Maybe play up a kind of horrifying monstrous equivalent by having them eat your creatures to stay alive? Something like "Cost, Sacrifice a creature: Return this creature from the graveyard to play as a copy of the sacrificed creature."
>>
File: pure genius.jpg (24KB, 350x255px) Image search: [Google]
pure genius.jpg
24KB, 350x255px
Holy shit, I just thought of something really dumb.

If >>53377208 's idea of "this plane is a bunch of eldrazi refugees making a new plane, or at least in part" then having Coyote as our creator/walker takes on an additional meaning, which is the mexican slang for "People Smuggler".

Just a thought that came into my head.
>>
So having caught up on the lore, and having read on the past few posts here is my big pitch for the world. Much of this may run contrary to whats been "established" but that's simply because I think it fits the theme better.

>The plane of Taoltseh is a strange world, a lange of chaos and ever shifting raw mana. The plane exists a ensemble of rings orbiting a ruined astral body of shattered rock, colorless mist, and roiling mana. It is said amongst some peoples that this is the land of the dead, where all spirits go to rejoin the cosmos and be reborn. The rings themselves are only slightly more orderly, as vast landmasses drift upon seas of mana and unstable lands, caught in the currents of the rings' rotation. Interspersing the rings of Taoltseh are great monoliths and nonsensical ruins of pale stone imbued with great beads of glittering light shimmering with untapped mana. It is said that these foreboding relics are from The Time Before, majestic inventions of humankind, though no tribe or people have any memory or legends of such wonders. Though there are myriad "islands" of stable land, there only a few large enough to bear names and noteworthiness.
>>
>>53383234
>The largest of these is Ur, the great melting pot of Taoltseh. Cities and Empires are rare in this land of nomads and scavengers, but upon the gliding mass of Ur one can find both. Here the races of Taoltseh intermingle and barter and scheme and war, With the draconic Thunderbirds kept to high eirys in the sweeping plains, the sphinx-like Piasa self absorbed in their riddles and distractions, the many headed Mishipeshu covened in their lakes and treacherous rivers offering both protection and curses in equal measure for the price of knowledge. The spirits, the angels and the demons, have no home to call their own, though the dishonoured Ravenmen stalk the desolate swamps, and the ravenous cannibal spirit-giants thrash through the forests. Ur is also the home to the noble warrior nomads, the Mava'ta'an, a tribe of humans peerless with bow and tomahawk. The feathered Viashino, the Quatl, also make their homes in the desert plains, often conflicting with the human tribes.

>Conversely the fetid jungle plate of Tchesh is ruled almost entirely by the Tchuiotl Empire, a terrible Human empire that has seemingly begun to master the ancient constructs of the Time Before through faustian pacts with the fallen angels, Piasa and the myriad demons to enforce their rule and impart upon the empire wild blood magic. The island of Pewatt is a farcry both wild and lush Ur and foreboding and dangerous Tchesh. Shrouded in mist and swaths of manaless waste, Pewatt also has great well springs of mana, where great sages gather to contemplate their unknown past, their ever shifting present, and the uncertain future. The frigid plate of Kl'utik is a land of ice and rime, teetering on the edge of semireal seas and the vastness of the void.
>>
>>53383498
>As to what happened to the plane, or where the inhabitants of it came from, it all but a mystery. There is a thousand and two myths and theories to the nature of the plane, but all do not seem to bear all of the truth, but all have some truth in them. Perhaps the truth of Taoltseh will never be known, perhaps it was never meant to.
>>
File: file.png (71KB, 500x431px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
71KB, 500x431px
>>53382089
It could be a Bear Horror, and what it leaves behind is a 1/1 Human Shamen... to sort of demonstrate that without its "skin" its vulnerable.

I do like the "it leaves behind a token" when it dies version as well.

Maybe the human versions of skinwalkers have vivid, and beast skin walkers have conditions that leave behind tokens when they die.

Perhaps a good caveat on "leaving a token" behind when they die would be if they die in combat. Like as if they lose a fight in wolf-bear form they shed that skin, leave it behind and are now just a wimpy 1/1 human.

Dire Maulgouger 2UR
Creature- Bear Pig 4/3
When Dire Maulgouger enters the battlefield sacrifices a creature. (it mauling and or gouging someone)
If Dire Maulgouger dies in combat put a 1/1 Red Human Shaman Token into play.

Again if we want to go with Skinwalkers as "Human shamans with vivid abilities" perhaps the "leaving a token behind" should be something that could be given to them in cards that start with them in animal form. I can see this as a Jund themed set of cards.
>>
>>53383702
And for a quick rundown of the main races and their vassals

>>Dragons-thunderbirds
>Aven- Various bird creatures and spirits
>Naga/Snakes- Haietlik

>>Sphinxes- Paisa
>Goblins- Azeban
>Golems

>>Hydras- many headed Mishipeshu
>Veldalken/Merfolk- Mennagishi
>Spirits- Loa
>Lusca

>>Angels- Nunnehi
>None

>>Demons- Various Cannibal spirits and demons
>Giants
>Ghosts
>Shapeshifters/Werewolves/Vampires
Ostensibly the most diverse "faction"
>>
Rolled 15, 19, 3 = 37 (3d36)

>>53383234
>>53383498
>>53383702
>>53384065
I don't think this runs contrary to much of what has been said at all, since you can fit nearly all that's been said on Ur. Have a set focus on Ur, then on an expanding Pewatt, and then on Tchesh and everything else.

The only things I'd change is this:

-Some of the Viashino worship the Thunderbirds, and are the feathered Quatl, and some others worship horned Haietlik, looking more like the horned lizards we got. You can then go off the duality the Thunderbirds and Haietlik had in actual myth and have a legend of the tribe and creatures originally being one/partners in action, but splitting due to [reasons] (That way we can keep the art we already got, and also the plane's main protagonist's defining trait in his culture is "has horns similar to those creatures we worship," so his culture kinda needs to worship something with horns.)

-Change the Tchuiotl Empire from a Human one to a Elvish one, and change the blood magic to simply more feral music/performing magic.

-Don't know about faustian pacts with angels, but the Ravenmen sound like the original Weeping Reverie, and that was really all we had for Angel factions. But I'd definitely say put at least some of them on Kl'utik.
>>
File: A problem of dynamics.png (149KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
A problem of dynamics.png
149KB, 2589x1983px
Rolled 6, 26, 25 = 57 (3d36)

>>53383234
>>53383498
>>53383702
>>53384065
See, I like this, but its super far removed from a lot of what we've made in the past two threads. It feels like an entirely different kind of setting, one more suited to Zendikar style adventure and exploration of ruins, instead of the "history hasn't been written yet" in the rest of the thread. It's less of a new world, and more of a post-apocalyptic high fantasy world with native american leanings. I appreciate it, but I honestly like the simpler setting better, at least for what we have now. It also completely runs against any of the mechanics we've been brainstorming, focusing more on unearthed history than any of the music stuff or anything like that.

That said, I absolutely adore your descriptions, and much of the proper names you've posted in >>53384065 are rad as hell.

>>53383864
That solves our skinwalker problem a lot, and I like this a something we might put in set two. Maybe have a theme of each set adopting a different faction of color. Set one is mostly monocolor in its design, set two is more Arc based, and set three more Wedge based as the worldsong fragments start setting all of the tribes back towards their wedge-based intended forms.

Also that Bighorn is great.

Speaking of Bighorn, I was thinking about how his character arc might go considering his complete lack of any combat ability. I was thinking that maybe he'd be actually quite good at magic, especially dancing magic, something that as a horned viashino, he would have never been exposed to beyond see the other caste of nobility do it at holidays and such. Part of his journey is proving himself to be worthy of his predetermination, but another part of if is realizing that his predetermined path as warrior nobility doesn't have to be what he is, and that he can be something else.

It also makes that picture of him posing for Kowa earlier in the thread that much more adorable.
>>
>>53385003
Fair point actually about it being set elsewhere from Ur.

I guess I kind of just liked it when it was localized, comfy adventures and horned toad dragons.
>>
Rolled 22, 12, 12 = 46 (3d36)

>>53383234
This stuff about rings does ring true to me actually. That the plane might be a ringed world, like strings on a harp in the sky.

and yeah while a lot of the lore might run contrary to current stuff, I think a lot of your setting descriptions are on point. This plane could use some weirder locations.
I can see Kl'utik as this northwestern bit, icberg lakes, by the unsung lands that lead up into frigid mountains and plains, with more evergreeny vegetation.

Which speaking of, yeah I can imagine that Evergreen's island being more National Forest'y rather than jungly.

We can really experiment with the breadth of the geography here.

again damn I hope that west river gets to the other end.
>>
File: file.png (27KB, 486x162px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
27KB, 486x162px
>>53385028
Something with Bighorn I imagine is that he tries to be a spearman. I think the earliest Viashino doodles was of a spearman with an atlatl.

Its something he's not too great at, its not his forte, he can't quite throw them straight or far enough. But through Kowa's mentorship he learns to use a tool, the aforementiond atlatl. Makes it on his own, and learns to use it. Still can't throw it straight, but at least manages to throw it far. Him tapping into the perform magic gives him the edge he needs, leaning into a bit of a wind dance after throwing to guide the spear in its flight.
>>
File: last for the night!.png (150KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
last for the night!.png
150KB, 2589x1983px
Rolled 36, 34, 33 = 103 (3d36)

>>53385205
I figure a lot of it too is that he's been taught that as a horned viashino, he's gotta be right up in the scary vampires face, stabbing the hell out of it. The atlatl seems like a really cool idea, and I think it suits him.

>"You should not fight like a mountain Hawagra, it is unsuited to you. Your foes will trample you underfoot and your arms will cave before your spear can pierce their hide. No, you must not fight like a mountain."
"You must fight like the wind."

I'm headed out for the night everybody, keep on making cool stuff and rolling so we can see if that river wraps around the world or not!
>>
Rolled 12, 35, 13 = 60 (3d36)

>>53385060
Nothing's set in stone my man, we could go with the original, we could go with anon's, depends on what people want in the end.
To be honest I want the original setting more, but that's probably the bias talking
>>
>>53385530
>that one white patch between unsung and green
God that must be suffering living over there.
>>
>>53386784
>>
>>53385003
Cool glad you like it. The Viashino thing sounds like a good deal, my biggest thing was making the Dragons Thunderbirds, even if in name only, and the Hydras Mishipeshu, as the two are diametrically opposed in native lore.

As for the !Aztecs why not humans but elves?

>>53385028
Well the shroud of mystery is just there as a back drop. Working song into that setting blurb is way too easy. But harping over it could potentially do to the plane what wolves did to the Space Wolves (i.e. Great Wolf Wolfmaster Wulf Wolvesbane of the Third Wolf Claw). The plane is for all intents and purposes still an infant, but there are weird inconsistencies that hint at something older.

This is an allusion to the great collapse of Native American society even before the colonists.
>>
Rolled 4, 34, 17 = 55 (3d36)

>>53387947
'Cause we have elves, and elves weren't mentioned at all. So the best place to stick 'em would be an empire ruled with the help of the green demons, since we had/have the elves serve the demons originally.
>>
Taking an idea from the previous thread:
>Reshape - Name a basic land type and put a reshape counter on target land. That land is the names land type as long as it has a reshape counter.
What if instead of it being simple mana fixing, adds mana of the chosen color whenever its tapped for mana? Like a Wild Growth effect.
>>
Rolled 20, 35, 33 = 88 (3d36)

>>53387947
>The plane is for all intents and purposes still an infant, but there are weird inconsistencies that hint at something older.
See, I think that's the part that's most turning people off from the idea. There shouldn't be anything older, no ruins, no hints at a previous plane. It's a world of mythical beginnings and starting-up legends, of the beginnings of civilization versus still-dominant nature, and having ruins and previous civilizations, especially advanced ones, dilutes the concept.
The not!Aztec empire also rubs me the wrong way, since they use both the advanced ruins and blood magic, the first I already talked about, and the blood magic doesn't fit into the currently established system.
However, the names are on point and are a good aesthetic change, (Be good to change the Thunderbirds a bit around though, maybe go with the Haietlik as a name instead, keep the reptile aspect to work with the Viashino.), and I still like and think the rings idea can work.
>>
>>53389911
Might work, and while Reshape would fit into the lore we have laid out, why not just Rampant Growth? Or some green and blue auras? Not shooting it down, but just wondering. I like the potential for spells and creatures with a simple "Reshape target land" line, and making it add mana rather than replace the land type removes the fun-sucking quality of land destruction.

>2B, 1/1 swampwalk, reshape target land
>G, sorcery, reshape a land you control
>1U, instant, draw a card and reshape a land you don't control
>1R, sorcery, destroy target land with multiple basic land types
>WW, 3/3 first strike, reshape a land you don't control

Maybe a cycle like this?

>>53385205
Bighorn learning he's less of a fighter and more of an artist, or a support roll in battle, would be interesting over time. Being forced into a multi-color party, seeing different parts of the plane, and being thrown into situations where he has to survive by sneaking away or tricking his foes or simply working with his new party.
First set could have an all white Bighorn, and the third (or second whatever) would have maybe a white green or white red. One way to do it.

>>53385570
And I agree that I like the original ideas for Ur, but like the worldbuilding >>53383234 proposed. Yeah, we've been in the threads longer and are biased, but having the focus of mythmaking and culture, mysterious and dangerous grey zones, and the mysterious power capable (theoretically) of reshaping the world has been central to all the mechanics and story we've thought up.

>>53385028
>mono->arc->wedge
How dramatic a change were you thinking with this? Moving from mono to multicolor wouldn't be to dramatic, but mono to shards to wedges would be better suited to a base multicolor set, or a boatload of hybrid mana, right? Maybe having set two introduce 2-color hybrid mana in mostly enemy colors, then wedge colors in the third?
>>
Rolled 17, 22, 19 = 58 (3d36)

>>53392238
Here's how I'd do it.
>Set 1: Mono colored factions, minor influence secondary color
>Set 2: As the world grows more chaotic and muddled due to the effects of the Unsung lands, so too do the boundaries between the colors in the factions, resulting in them becoming more like enemy-color pairs
>Set 3: All/Nearly all of the shards have been found, the world is starting to it and the factions return to their original wedge (Wedge since the previous set is enemy colors) state, whatever or whoever's (as in whoever controls the fragments) idea that original state may be.
Also, idea for set 2: someone tries to make a pseudo-Worldsong fragment, making things go even more out of wack.
>>
>>53389691
Oh dope. Bloodthirsty Aztec Elves. I dig it.

>>53391982
>currently established system.
Muh system.

Soon enough we'll have people having to do a Disney musical number just to dig a latrine. Fine the !Aztecs have "Unnatural songs taught to them by the Demons"

I agree on dropping the construct aspect of them as it takes away from the mystery of it all. As for hinting at something older, whether it be the plane or the people or something else entirely, I vehemently disagree. Especially since this >>53387947
>This is an allusion to the great collapse of Native American society even before the colonists.

Hasn't been addressed and I think it's a gangster idea, especially if people like the "bunker Mountains" idea.

As for Thunderbirds, I'm sticking to my guns on this one, especially since Thunderbirds are as close to Dragons as Native lore gets, save for river and lake monsters. Another Facet to this is the Hydras, who are the Dragon's enemies. The Hydras, if made into Mishipeshu (underwater Panthers, but in this case many headed scaley lake monster panthers) Are the opposites of Thunderbirds in Native lore, and they fight all the time.

As for aesthetic issues for the Dragons, just do it like Takir did it and have feathery dragons. Like a cross between the Ojutai and Kholagan broods.
>>
>>53394616
>Soon enough we'll have people having to do a Disney musical number just to dig a latrine. Fine the !Aztecs have "Unnatural songs taught to them by the Demons"
It's not singing that's the system. It's art, it's performing.

I see it like this. The mana of your stock-standard plane is like a still pool, with a dam. To cast magic, all you need to do is draw onto one of those pools mana, and it comes easy, nothing extra is needed to get that mana since it's still and in one place, and you don't get overwhelmed due to the "dam."

The mana of this world is the opposite, it's like a rushing river, powerful, unstoppable, and there's no dam containing it. It doesn't have those natural barriers that other planes do, since Taoltseh is still technically in its infancy. You try to just draw on it, you'll overwhelmed. At best, you'll just get violently knocked down/out, at worst, death. So you need to channel it, divert the river, make your own barriers and your own dam. The easiest way to do this is art, music, song, dance, storytelling, etc, all things that you pour your entire (metaphorical) being, all your passion, and all your belief into, because anything less will get destroyed by the strength of the river. And with help of others, like the audience of a story, chorus of a song, or anything else, those barriers get stronger and easier to make, and thus more of the river can be diverted. And I don't see how sacrificial blood magic fits into that, though if I got told a good explanation, I'm sure I'll change my mind.

Also the keywords we have, like Harmonize, Conduct, Perform, are all artistically based, blood magic doesn't fit there either.
>>
>>53395912
Oh shit, okay I like that.

So Ur can be the Land-of-Many-Voices, Tchesh is this horrid unnatural land because of the Bloodsigners, mages that ingest blood, eat hearts and gnaw on bones to power their own tongues. They use this unnatural, "constructed" singing to build great ziggurats and constructs. Pewatt is the Great Unsung, possibly the key to stabilizing the plane and going to the world at the center of the plane.
>>
>>53396018
Singing and telling fireside stories at camps can help stabilize the land enough to traverse it, so you aren't surfing plains that act like seas or mountains that spring up from the earth
>>
>>53395912
>>53396018
>>53396062
The people of Kl'utik use song and story just like every one else, but they also carve great totems to keep the Unsung at bay.

The Thunderbirds could be like Elder Scrolls dragons, in their lightning breath could be logical arguments as to why the enemy should cease to exist, their ability to call down thunder is their pleas to nature

The Paisa of course have their inventions, riddles, and plays
>>
>>53396018
>The elves of Taoltesg have come upon a logical train of thought for spellsingers/weavers. (What should we call the "mages" of Taoltesh?)
>The power of one is less than the power of many.
>The power of one is easier to wield than the power of many.
>Thus, the most efficient way is to use the power of one which has the power of many.
>Normally, this is done by harmonizing with nature, with the rustle of the leaves, the calls of the animals, the buzzing of the insects, as the great [Demons] do.
>The elves of Tchesh have a different solution.
>You must hold the many within yourself. By consuming the souls and beliefs of others, they add on to your own. Thus you become one and many at the same time.
>Most do this with simple animals, weak in soul and belief, unless they're spirits, and do not transform much.
>Those that consume walking and talking meat are far stronger, but far worse. They become wendigos, no better than [Worse than usual Demons]
>>
>>53393360
As hesitant as I am to say, "cult accidentally makes colorless monstrosities with a fake Worldsong," it sounds pretty close to the demons in Dark Souls. First Flame is going out, so the Witches try to turn their magic into a new flame. Doesn't work, they all get deformed into either demons or a demon-spawning mass, and demons run amuck. And DS is basically a world-creation myth...

Accidentally making more Unsung territory and warping the lives of everyone inside of it would be an interesting turn. Maybe the party is torn between chasing Nowa and dealing with a more immediate issue.

>>53394616
If you don't like the Muh System comments then read the threads and see what other anons have already spitballed, talked about, built up, or rejected. It's almost like it makes sense that people are steering away from ideas so drastically unlike what they've been brainstorming for a week.

It's not just a Native American plane, and "inspired by" doesn't translate to 1-for-1. The plane is about primitive cultures spreading stories and wisdom and knowledge, about undiscovered threats and great heroes and explorers, the beginnings of mythological and cultural icons.

>>53395912
That sounds more like how the Unsung Lands would react to strong beings, but I like the idea of the world being so directly influenced by story and performance. Like the plane itself won't synch up to the Wizard school of thought, and most magics end up dipping into geomancy by default. Would make white and blue a bit weird by default, unless you consider unyielding will and fascism to be a type of storytelling and mass performance. Which, as I type, sounds funnier and cooler.
>>
>>53396503
>they violently debate you out of existence
Whatever we land on for the dragons'/birds' looks or whatever, this fits controlling white to a T.

>Thunderous Rebuttal, 1W, instant
>Exile target nonwhite attacking creature.
>>
Rolled 14, 16, 5 = 35 (3d36)

>>53396527
Actually, let me change my idea a bit here, so it fits with both versions of the setting we got here at the moment.
>Elves harmonize with nature, it's why they/green have the Harmonize mechanic.
>Those that consume mortal/mythic flesh are basically able to harmonize with themselves, making them better at magic, at the cost of making them cannibalistic vampires, aka wendigos.
>Animals are a-ok to eat in general.
>Unless they're spirit animals.
>Those that consume spirit flesh to gain even stronger power become skinshifters, their bodies and spirits getting overwhelmed by the spirits they consumed, as well as warping their minds, putting them in tune with too many things at once.

>>53397156
I can go with feathered dragons. Thunderbirds is just the common, but entirely correct name. Like how mosquito hawks are called mosquito hawks, but don't actually eat mosquitoes.
>>
Rolled 3, 35, 28 = 66 (3d36)

>>53398644
Whoops.
*not entirely correct name.
>>
>>53398801
>>
File: an explosion of flavor.png (152KB, 2589x1983px) Image search: [Google]
an explosion of flavor.png
152KB, 2589x1983px
Rolled 25, 31, 22 = 78 (3d36)

>>53386784
Yeah, living there would be fucking awful. I pictured it as maybe a particularly stubborn dragon in a fortress, categorically refusing any suggestions of leaving because that's quittin' talk.
>>53389691
I like the idea, and I think we should keep the kind of aztec flavor for the elves, but at the same time Demons as we've so far described them are basically anti-civilization, and so them having an empire doesn't really work. Maybe in the third set when they get back the white mana part of their color wedge and get civilization?
>>53389911
I like it, though it might need some streamlining, since remembering the reshapes on five different lands with different colors on them would be hell.
>>53392238
I approve wholeheartedly of potentially Naya Bighorn.
I still am shying away from going full "ancient ruins and futuretech" but I agree that a lot of the proposed ideas work great.
>>53393360
Pretty much my thoughts exactly on the colors in the sets. Set two might also introduce a cycle of wedge multicolors to pave the way for their inclusion in set 3.
>>53394616
Totally down for feathered dragons, though I still want to keep the Horned-Toad/Reptillian aesthetic as well. Make them kind of look like a cross between bearded dragons and quetzalcoatl.
>>53395912
Absolutely great.
>>53396062
I like this idea, and it gives an interesting profession for adventurers and heroes, the Pathfinder. Someone who learns the stories of the land to make it safer to travel.
>>53396503
I quite like the Totem idea, especially if we make them carved so that the polar winds that blow through them create the sound that powers their magic. Also giving these dragon/thunderbirds the Thu'um is fantastic and perfectly appropriate for control spells.
>>53396768
Yeah, not sure what a fake worldsong would do in this case. Maybe instead of a worldsong shard, maybe have them try and harmonize an entire city for some magical ritual, and it goes BAD.
>>53397156
Excellent!
>>53398644
Also good!
>>
I think we need to clarify all of our shifter

I say we keep we keep Wendigo pretty much as they are in Cree and Ojibwe lore, cannibal undead that grow in size with each feeding. Maybe have some flipcard and Goyf/forced sac mechanics to represent that.

Skinwalkers, which are like Wendigo but take on the form of what they kill and are more spiritual in nature

Mage Shapeshifters which use magic to transform themselves into beasts and beasrmen. Peruvians had pretty dope Werepanther mages that would do this and where ostensibly chill dudes

Anything else you guys can think of?
>>
Rolled 28, 23, 15 = 66 (3d36)

>>53400871
I figure we have all three of these be part of the Elf/Demon/Green civilization, but with different aspects.

Wendigo are the ones who follow the Demons teachings exactly, and eventually can become Demons themselves.

Skinwalkers are ones who take spiritual meaning in the Demons teachings, shying away from the wanton hunger of the Wendigo. They're more like wild ascetics.

Other shapshifters, who we need a term for, are people who try to use the songs of the world to do the same kind of effect, going for more of a Harmonize type dealy.

Other than that, I know of some Argentinian folklore where witches can turn into birds by vomiting up their organs, but if anything happens to the organs they are either stuck in the birdform, or if they organs get half eaten, stuck in a half-bird state.
>>
File: denis-kornev- (1).jpg (507KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
denis-kornev- (1).jpg
507KB, 1920x960px
Rolled 14, 31, 2 = 47 (3d36)

I'm heading off for the night again, but I'll leave you all with some ideas.

What do Tuning Forks do with our song magic?
What kind of magic do our Angels use?
Do spiderized Angels use magic that manipulates fate, like their webs?
Is there an equivalent of Spiderized Angels with other archetypal creatures?

And lastly, we should have a legendary dragon that is COLORFUL AS HELL. Whole rainbow of feathers.
>>
>>53402881
>spiderized Angels
I'll behonest, I was imagining it more like Spider themed outfitting.

I feel like angels if they used magic it would be based off of strings, and it could be singularly captivating as well as entangling.

Using the taught strings of dreamcatchers (or i guess in this world they could be "Tonecatchers") to nullify performance magic.

They could be all about the sound of silence.
>>
Rolled 3, 5, 29 = 37 (3d36)

>>53400523
>Maybe in the third set when they get back the white mana part of their color wedge and get civilization?
Sounds good to me, though we'd need to think of what the other factions would do by then end as well.

>>53401096
Could go with nagual, sine we're already using wendigo. And you can synthesize it with the Argentinian witch, say that they work while the skinwalkers don't because they leave an anchor behind, a literal or metaphysical part of themselves to allow them to return to their original state without issue. The reason the skinwalkers go insane by eventually losing their identity of "self" completely.

>>53402881
>What do Tuning Forks do with our song magic?
Same as any other instrument, makes it easier to perform.

As for the angel magic, I'm not completely sure. They probably have a better initiate understanding of how the world/mana actually works due to taking part in it, supposedly or not. Not sure how that'd translate to their actual magic, though I like >>53403785 's idea, use their knowledge of how the mana flows to temporarily block it off for others. Aside from that, I still like the sad hymns idea, their emotion coming not from excitement, but grief.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "spiderized angels," only thing I can find was that they're angels who've come to terms with their fate as fallen, creating instead of just grieving.

Agree on the dragon as well, can be the one that rules over other dragons as mentioned earlier.
>>
Rolled 2, 10, 14 = 26 (3d36)

>>
>>53405579
>>
>>53398644
I'm actually imagining a situation where the thunderbirds were actual elemental birds who were suppose to be the archetypal white creatures, but the dragons absorbed or ate or just replaced them and took their role. "We're the thunderbirds now. We'll do it better." Either way I'm warming up to them being called thunderbirds by certain groups.

>>53400523
Cliche maybe, but we could make him a minor character. One legendary dragon would be their leader, while this guy would be a "good" guy in comparison, and the heroes would encounter at least one dragon that wasn't a total dick.

>>53400871
>>53401096
The different extremes of worship and follow through are great.

>>53402881
>Tuning Forks
Like >>53404444 said, basically the same thing they do in real life. Though from a magical standpoint, they could be used as a baseline for magic, a supplement/amplifier like Chandra's glove. Alternatively, for the pathfinders that aren't as good, the tuning forks could hold a specific note that keeps a certain in check for a period.
>Angels' magic?
I second the strings idea, for a number of reasons. First, it's another twist on classic angels. Second, it ties them in closer with the spider theme in black. Early lutes and harps with enchanted dream catchers.
Strings plus gregorian chanting?
>spiderized Angels
As far as the other archetypal creatures, maybe? Like a dragon actually taking on more eagle-like features as it drifts away from fascism into a less oppressive ruling style. But generally, angels are the foreigners to Ur. Would make sense that they'd be the ones that would change as they fit into their roles better.

Question: are our fish people typed as fish, or merfolk?
>>
Rolled 1, 19, 23 = 43 (3d36)

>>53408317
Merfolk.
Also, don't forget to roll, for the map.
>>
Rolled 21, 19, 2 = 42 (3d36)

So how do the hydras/mishipeshu perform magic? Eerily synchronized songs? Stories?
>>
I found a way to reconcile Thunderbirds but still have White dragons. Tell me what you guys think.

>The Couatl and the Rainbow

>When man first came from the Mountain the Great Spirits, the Thunderbirds, the Paisa, the Mishipeshu, and the Demons all saw in them great potential. The many Demons, giants, ghosts, and devils thought they would make great prey, joyous to hunt and slake their hunger. The Paisa birds thought they would make for fantastic actors in their plays, able to take on many roles and duel in riddles to their hearts content. The Mishipeshu pitied their newborn fragility and sought to offer them protection in return for their eyes and ears to spy and meddle. The Thunderbirds saw their lack of direction and their inevitable spiral into self destructive chaos and this angered them. They would see them under their wings or see them hunted like prairie mice. The mighty birds of storm and wind sought an ally to gain strength over the other Great Spirits. They saw the Nunnehi, the elves, but thought them too prideful and their laws where not of the Thunderbirds. The Thunderbirds turned to the Tsi'Skwa, the Aven their lesser cousins, and saw them as too weak by themselves, but offered the tribes thunder of their own and many Warchiefs agreed to fly in their shadow. The great Birds looked across Taoltseh and all the lesser peoples and tribes and spirits and saw them as too weak or too proud to bend knee and join them. The Stormlord, Wama'ket, greatest of the Thunderbirds then looked to their rivals, the mighty Haietlik, great sky lizards of smoke and fire and scaley hide.

CONT
>>
>>53411684
>Tama'ket met with their chief, Gehyawe, and offered him great hords of jewels and corn and carved, polished stone. Gehyawe was fond of these gifts of food and treasure but Haietlik pride is as legendary as that of the Thunderbirds, and would not allow his flock to bend knee. Angered, Tama'ket beseeched the heavens for justice in the face of such ungratefulness. The sky answered the call of the Stormlord and a great bolt of white fire fell from the sky and struck the dragon chief on the top of his head. Gehyawe was struck dead and Tama'ket took his bones and scales and hide and wore them as armor to ward himself from the ghost of Gehyawe. The Stormlord named himself Skylord, as there was none else that could have challenged him, and he made the Haietlik soldiers for his Thunderbirds and their Viashino servants.

>Unchallenged, Tama'ket wished to make a greater tribe, a people of both thunder and feather and fire and scale and did fly to the edge of the Great Ring that is Taoltseh and roasted upon the Rainbow at it's edge. He commanded the Rainbow to surrender upon him it's power so he could sire many sons of great power. The rainbow of many colors at the edge of roiling land and still, cold, Void answered his call and filled his feathers with its light.

CONT
>>
>>53411924
>As if in punishment for his ego he burst with color, his body unable to hold such power, and from his body sprung forth seven winged serpents adorned with both feather and scale of vibrant hue. One was as red as blood and fled to the west, one was as blue as the deepest lake and fled north, one was as black as night and stayed at the edge of the world, one was green as emeralds and fled to the east, one was as white as snow and sun bleached bone and returned to the roost of the Skylord as the new king of the skies. The final two had all the colors of the rainbow and flew high above the ring of Taoltseh and one had no color at all, using it's wings to fly to the Great Unsung sitting at the center of the the ring.

How did I do?
>>
>>53411941
Sounds good to me, a nice "pride cometh before the fall" story that also serves as a good origin story, though I'm curious as to what the rest of the colored "refractions" have done since going their various ways.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 475x318px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 475x318px
dice+3d36

>>53411941
So Papa bird kills Papa dragon, becomes God Emperor of Sky, and then explodes into the Magic rainbow? Nice piece of mythmaking, but a few questions.

What does it mean for the plane? Lorewise and mechanically. We still have thunderbirds and dragons, do we have thundrons now? Magic likes to generalize, so them making a plane with two distinct white ruling types while the other colors only had one wouldn't happen. Luckily we're not Wizards, and the idea of either dragons and thunderbirds being at war, dragons and thunderbirds enslaving one another, or dragons and thunderbirds having a collective rule/government of some kind is interesting.
>original bird dragons set rules for both
>"modern" dragons are the rulers, and thunderbirds the judges

Did you have an idea for the thundrons, or is it more a lore/backstory thing?
>>
Rolled 4, 33, 8 = 45 (3d36)

>>53412778
>dice+3d36
Hahahaha, look at me sucking shit.
>>
>>53412778
The thought was to have an autocratic caste system, with Thunderbirds as the ruling class and the Haietlik as foot soldiers.

The Thunderbirds are the Skesis to the Haietlik's dragony Garthim. Tsi'Skwa and Viashino (we can keep that name as it is, sounds native enough) serve both as even lesser foot soldiers, farmers, and scouts. Thunderbirds would be the rarest beasts in the plane, but when they do show up things have gotten far too real.

As for the "thundrons" I really only meant for the Couatl to be these mythic creatures, I don't care what you guys do with them, I only want to clear up the white faction
>>
>>53412897

I like what you've worked up. And I don't know if we'll use the Couatl directly (though they'd be great visually), but artifacts and spells referencing them might be enough. We didn't have a Big multicolor rare-type of monsters yet.

So the thunderbird rulers pass down judgements and laws, but are rare and reclusive. Nice version of white, and a good tie-in to them not wanting too much power or exposure, lest they 'splode.

Dragons end up in a feudal situation, acting as dominating warlords, the thunderbirds not caring as long as they don't revolt and they further thunderbird interests.

Raptor brothers operate as one terrified society under claw and talon.

So with Conduct as a mechanic, we thinking 1/1 flying birds and 2/2 viashino tokens being the standard white toke?
>>
>>53413295
Forgot the roll.
>>
Rolled 19, 12, 9 = 40 (3d36)

>>53413318
>>
Rolled 15, 35, 27 = 77 (3d36)

>>53400523
Man the map is filling out nicely. again i'm wondering if we should just focus on certain areas moving forward. that river is almost all the way to the west.
>>
Rolled 36, 10, 34 = 80 (3d36)

Just kind of noticed, we don't have a non-human black species. Aside from spiders and the Reverie, would anyone be interested in brewing up a black creature type? Maybe something Kamigawa style where we take a mythical race/spirit and turn it into a terrestrial species.

That being said, I'm cool with mostly angels and humans.
>>
Rolled 32, 17, 9 = 58 (3d36)

>>53414838
Think it should stay mostly angels and humans, since we got two-ish different types of angels already, the spider-y ones and the Reverie ones. Add in the spirits and humans, and that should be a decent mix.
>>
>>53416249
Unsung as well.
And you make a good point. We'll populate black well enough.
>>
Rolled 4, 26, 29 = 59 (3d36)

Bump?
>>
Rolled 31, 20, 16 = 67 (3d36)

>>53417321
Bump limit reached my friend.
>>
>>53417402
Sorry, didn't notice.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.