[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about SIFRP that brings out the edgiest of snowflakes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: images (7).jpg (18KB, 358x411px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
18KB, 358x411px
What is it about SIFRP that brings out the edgiest of snowflakes? Why does your family history have to be defined by rape, murder, suicide and torture? Most fucking Westerosi Houses just do their thing and get by just fine, why do you have to be so special? The insignificance of the individual is what makes the setting interesting.

> But muh last surviving Reyne
No.
> But muh show-Ramsey tier villain
Come on now.
> But muh secret Targaryen/Blackfyre
Fuck right off.

I can't make it clear enough that I just want the players to be good guys for once, I'm sick of GMing Edgefest 300 AC: Babymurderer Special.
>>
>not considering the television show at all
>or the kind of filth who watch it
>or the freaks enamored of it enough to play it
>>
>>53280993
Play other system like Pendragon first
>>
File: 1432090766513.png (149KB, 472x624px) Image search: [Google]
1432090766513.png
149KB, 472x624px
I've run two campaigns in the GoT\ASoIF setting, using TRoS as a rulse-set

>campaign 1
>Blackfyre rebellion timeline
>one character is basically a non-dwarf tyrion who can't fight for shit, but hes Aegons bastard who was legitimized along with the rest, just not interested in being anything other then a drunken lech
>second character is first character's Kingsguard bodyguard and ends up often being his butler\manservant (much to his frustration)
>character 3 is a prince from Dorne whose trying to play politics and put Dorne in a better footing
>Character 4 is a young girl, who ended up inheriting lordship of a small banner house in the reach - while she can't legally claim lordship, she basically runs things, and her NEET brother is officially lord even though all he does is lay in bed, read books, and jerk off
>campaign falls apart when girl lord player starts freaking the fuck out from very scary people in house tyrel trying to put political pressure on her - not-tyrion tries to stick up for her and ends up getting put to loyalty choices against his siblings - the dorne prince publicly insults daemon blackfyre and then has his hands smashed with a warhammer (in a bathhouse) - and the kingsguard can't do a damn thing but watch everyone around him get fucked up

After a player shakeup, the second campaign I ran was a bit more down to earth and lasted much longer. Campaign was basically a group of characters who were all soldiers\mercenaries\knights who fought for Prince Raegar at the Battle of the Trident. The campaign started with them picking themselves up out of the mud in the defeat and having to flee. They ended up becoming bandits trying to bring down Roberts regime. Campaign didn't last unfortunately

Next Campaign I run, I'm going to do Birthright Style, and just put the entire character party at the helm of a Banner House during either the Blackfyre Rebellion, or Roberts Rebellion.
>>
>why does this RPG based on a series that revolves around edgelordery by a fat fuck who thinks FAT PINK MAST and SHITTING BROWN WATER are good lines to write have edgelordery

Gee I wonder
>>
File: Daemon.jpg (27KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
Daemon.jpg
27KB, 300x420px
>>53286013
All hail the True Bloodline.
>>
>>53280993
i like edgelordery though
>>
I've had a couple of campaigns, some more successful than others.

> Post-Robert's Rebellion House of the Reach
> Three players are the three children of the NPC Lord, and one the Captain of the Guard
> Great campaign revolving around shifting alliances post-war
> Players are eventually outed as Targaryen loyalists and spend several sessions attempting to flee to Essos before a dramatic final stand with their cousin, Arys Oakheart of the Kingsguard
> Killed in the name of King Robert in a face off the singers would be proud of
It was a very satisfying campaign, and felt very complete by the end.

> Westerlands House using the same post-Rebellion formula
> lol I wanna be the Mountain but better
> lol that's what I rolled too
> I rolled a corrupt Maester
> I rolled a teenage girl fostered to the player house
> Fostered? More like war prisoner, amirite Mountain #1?
> I think you're right Mountain #2
Needless to say that campaign was... short-lived.

> Fifth Blackfyre Rebellion campaign wherein the players are aligned with the Band of Nine
> Whole lot of charming rogue swashbuckling sellsword adventures
> Performed a one-ship raid on Sunspear, kidnapping a Princess of Dorne
> Prison break from Ghaston Grey
> A whole lot of fun in a different kind of game which unfortunately fell apart due to irl commitments
This campaign was easily the most fun I had with the system, and honestly could have been easily done using a different system entirely.
>>
File: 1387083293031.jpg (78KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
1387083293031.jpg
78KB, 640x479px
>>53286255
> I rolled a teenage girl fostered to the player house
> Fostered? More like war prisoner, amirite Mountain #1?
> I think you're right Mountain #2

That sounds...rapey
>>
>>53286141
There's definitely something for tongue-in-cheek fun in the setting, but when a player comes at me with "My mom was a Blackfyre bastard, my older brother died under mysterious circumstances then my dad killed himself" it's just kind of gratuitous, and as the house the players are serving, it's really forcing his own fan-fiction on the rest of the players.
>>
>>53286315
I mean, they wound up needing her for anything that required personality, because their cardboard cutouts potentially couldn't string a sentence between the two of them and the Maester only cared about studying the theory of magic and overtaxing the smallfolk.
>>
>>53286355
i know a chick whose brother killed himself and then a short while later, her mother did too. shit happens, dude.
>>
>>53280993
>I just want the players to be good guys for once
Why are you playing SIFRPG, then?
>>
>>53286534
Because the story of the good guys downtrodden by the oppressive and unfair world around them has always been a favorite of mine
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.