[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Write an extensive backstory for my homebrew that incorporates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1494694874937.jpg (70KB, 422x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494694874937.jpg
70KB, 422x600px
>Write an extensive backstory for my homebrew that incorporates dozens of realms, hundreds of named characters, realistic geography that I researched for hours, player backstories and ideas, a large network of relationships, historical context for said relationships, consistent and fleshed out cultures, a consistent level of technology and society, religious cults, pantheons and patron deities, a conclusive concept of spirituality, godhood and the afterlife and several conflicts and adventures that the players can get in
>Game falls apart
>Throw it all away
>>
>>53276056
>Throwing it away
Why?
>>
>>53276056
You could always share it here. Let other people pick over it
>>
Setting building for its own sake is a waste of time

Now you know.
>>
>>53276056
Why not reuse it for another campaign, you autist?
>>
Unless your game fell apart because your players hated your setting or your GMing, no reason to throw it all away. Keep it for another game. Or just keep it around for some autistic fantasy fiction that will only ever be known by you, like I'm doing with my own setting.
>>
>>53276056
>make up a few names of NPCs on the fly
>scribble a map of some locales around the region that I'm literally making up as I draw the map in front of the players
>everyone talks about what a fun and interesting setting it is
>everyone shows up every week
Point is, players don't care about the worldbuilding because none of it exists until they interact with it.
>>
File: 1479613837429.jpg (20KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
1479613837429.jpg
20KB, 320x224px
>>53276076
Because having a setting without people to play in it is pointless, and because the group's break up left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I start feeling bad whenever I think about it.

>>53276139
There won't be another campaign.

>>53276162
Game fell apart because of irl drama.

>>53276176
That's how it started. It was a throwaway world with throwaway names, but I kept being asked questions by my players so I got really into it.
>>
Write a book about it instead. That's what I did.
>>
>>53276235
So you're saying you are retarded.
Got it
>>
>>53276056
dont be so wasteful.

being inefficient is a sin amongst one-man campaign developement teams
>>
>>53276235
Find an new or online group.
>>
>>53276435
Yes, I guess I am
>>
>>53276280
Did you publish it and make money off it?
>>
>>53276056
If you're gonna disown your setting, why not post some lore here so we can use it for ourselves?
>>
>>53278874
>>53276056
Yeah, If it's that cool, do /tg/ a favor and let us take inspiration
>>
>>53277818
Not yet, but I got to expand the setting and have a lot of fun all by myself.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.