[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Because the guys in charge of 5e are insane, they've decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1466227778550.png (144KB, 638x825px) Image search: [Google]
1466227778550.png
144KB, 638x825px
Because the guys in charge of 5e are insane, they've decided to let YOU decide what the next 5e book is going to be. They're even letting you be in charge of it from start to finish, because you're probably just as good as anyone else, who knows, who cares, not them.

Here's a list of the current non-adventure 5e books.

Players Handbook
Monster Manual
Dungeon Master's Guide

Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide
Volo’s Guide to Monsters

What gap do you think needs most filling?
>>
>>53272005
obviously we need a book on expanded mechanics like mass combat and running a town/castle/city
>>
>>53272005
Well in all fairness, the Unearthed Arcana is hitting a pretty large gap in more unique archetypes and unusual classes/advanced magitech.
>>
Book of Vile Darkness, with a big section on purely fucked-up traps, and plenty of NPC stats and evil items.
>>
>>53272054
Funny that you mention Unearthed Arcana, because-

>>53272050
>mass combat
Here you go.
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/unearthed-arcana-when-armies-clash
>>
>>53272178
This. Let the DMs have some building blocks for the evil shit.
>>
>>53272360
Unearthed Arcana really seems set to fill a lot of holes. I just hope they don't make the stuff broken on final release....like they did with practically all the other ones.....
>>
>>53272005
Psionics or a Class Guide. We need more character options.
>>
File: 1490141901790.png (85KB, 442x453px) Image search: [Google]
1490141901790.png
85KB, 442x453px
>>53272005
>What gap do you think needs most filling?

The gap between her legs.
>>
I'd like to see some older settings get re-printed, shit like Dark Sun or Birthright. Something where the game feels different while still being DnD.
>>
>>53272005
Spelljammer Guide. Cause it has been too fucking long
>>
File: monkeys-paw-2013-movie-pic1.jpg (54KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
monkeys-paw-2013-movie-pic1.jpg
54KB, 960x540px
>>53272436
You got it, bud.
5e Modern.
>>
Probably an epic level bestiary/magic item compendium

Right now there really isn't much content for >10th level characters.
>>
Would be nice to get some more stats for Good monsters (especially high-level ones, e.g. avatars of Good deities) so that you can run an Evil campaign.
>>53272178
This would be good too (as long as they made it a bit less cringe than the 3e BoVD)
>>53272436
5e Dark Sun would be great
>>53272573
Agreed
>>
>>53272005
Since I already know they're doing a big rules expansion book? And that this expansion will have Psionics and likely an Artificer?

A meaty setting omnibus that covers Eberron, Dark Sun, Greyhawk, and perhaps one or two others, with each setting section having about fifty pages of lore in a digest format, plus maps and a page or two introducing setting-specific mechanics or what alternate rules to use from the DMG or rule expansion.
>>
>>53272005
Rules compendium.

With boat loads of random charts
>>
>>53273018
>anal circumference
>>
>>53272488
You evil fuck.
>>
>>53272005
ALRIGHT BOYS
WE'RE PORTING THE TOME OF FUCKING BATTLE
EXCEPT WE'RE ALSO GOING TO ADD GISHY OPTIONS
>>
Something like the 1e/2e deity books. 300+ pages on hundreds of gods, worship rituals, attributes, relics, etc.
>>
>>53272573
There's actually tons of stuff for 10+ characters, largely because even low level stuff still remains relevant even at higher levels.

I recently put a 12th level party up against a few kobolds, and they still had a hard fight. Even CR 5 monsters are still pretty big threats to them, and there's also more leeway for throwing monsters higher than their challenge rating against them.

While some more high level monsters wouldn't be unwelcome, I think there's plenty of stuff just by looking at the lower levels.
>>
>>53273919
Define "few".
Also elaborate on the terrain and tactics, because those make sixteen tonnes of difference.
>>
File: pathfinder.jpg (83KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
pathfinder.jpg
83KB, 500x647px
>>53272005
>*malicious laughter*
>>
>>53273947
A few was seven, and they were in a place with a fair amount of stuff to hide behind, though that honestly didn't matter that much. Most of it was just action economy and the unfortunate circumstance of the wizard underestimating the kobolds and not just throwing down a fireball.

They honestly could have mopped up the lot with no real effort if they had just used some of their spells and costed abilities, but they thought they could get by just by relying on cantrips and other costless abilities.
>>
>>53274499
How did the PCs not just kill two or three kobolds a turn? Kobold AC is trash and cantrips/martials are getting multiple shots/attacks at that level.
>>
>>53274551
A few early bad rolls, and even taking down a kobold each turn left them with facing somewhere around 20 attacks by the third round, and by the fifth it was enough to drop the wizard. Luck may have been a part in this, but throwing down a fistfull of attacks made several crits possible.

It was a three-person party, which might have been a major reason that it turned a little against them, but they still triumphed in the end. It was just much harder than creatures with a CR of 1/8 might initially make one think it would be.
>>
Even though there were way too many of them, I always liked flipping through the huge catalog of supplements. I'd like to see another Lords of Madness or Heroes of Horror.
>>
>>53272005
Book of Lots of Swords: now featuring daily powers for martial classes
>>
>>53272436
Dark Sun saw love in the last edition. A fresh look at Birthright would be very welcome though.
>>
A mix of a new players handbook and a new monster manual. Adds 2 archetypes for each class, maybe 1 subrace for some races like elves or dwarves, A solid amount of new races, new feats, and then more of the really odd creatures and just normal real animals. I feel both of those didn't get alot of love in the monsters manual.
>>
File: Totemist.png (412KB, 386x614px) Image search: [Google]
Totemist.png
412KB, 386x614px
Magic of Incarnum time.
I don't care how bad of an idea it is.
>>
>>53276282
>just normal real animals.

I feel like we got plenty of those, using the "counts as" business.
Is there really anything that's missing?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.