[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just wanted to share with you the stupidest /tg/-related conversation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1470115731160.gif (56KB, 500x474px) Image search: [Google]
1470115731160.gif
56KB, 500x474px
Just wanted to share with you the stupidest /tg/-related conversation I've ever had

>what are you doing, anon?
I want to make a detective themed superhero for this M&M campaign I'll be playing soon, but I don't want him to be a Batman clone, any ideas?
>A guy who transforms into a building
Into a building?
>Yeah
A specific building? Like a hospital or something like that?
>No, it's more like that room in Harry Potter that has whatever you need at that moment
So a guy who transforms into a building that has useful things?
>No, no, no. he transforms into a building that the person whom you're spying wants to go to at that time
I don't think I'm following you here
>Yeah, like, you want to spy on this guy, and he's going to his mother's house so you transform into his mother's house and he goes into you instead
But he knows where that house is, why would he just enter a random building in the middle of the street that looks the same? If anything he'd be weirded out but that's about it
>Not if it's an emergency! What if his mother's dying?
I don't even have words to explain how stupid that is. What if there's more than one person?
>Well, they suddenly all want to go to the same place
Isn't it just easier to say that I mind control them into going inside the building?
>No, that's not the same, they just really want to go
And what about passing onlookers? What about traffic? A new building appearing out of thin air would attract a lot of innocent people
>he's invisible. To others. They can't see him
They can touch him, though
>Well, uh, they'll just assume something's off and continue with their lives, I guess
Look, there's far too many holes in this whole idea, I don't even think you understand what you're saying.
>It'll work!
Okay, let's say it somehow works and now I have three guys inside of me, and I'm a building, what now?
>You close the doors and keep them inside until they die of hunger
This is a superhero story, people break buildings on a daily basis
(1/2)
>>
>>53271102
(2/2)
>Well, you're just a very solid building then
That's not the only problem here. Why would I even want to do that? If I'm spying on someone I don't want to kill that person before getting some info, if at all
>While they're inside you just interrogate them and they have to answer if they want to get out, or you can just eat them
That's still stupid in a game where I can mind control people, also you're somehow fixated in the idea that everything a detective wants to do is spy on people, what if I'm inside a building getting some clues? I'm useless
>You can transform and destroy everything around you
I'm a DETECTIVE, I'm trying to stealthily find information, not destroy a fucking building!
>But they'll never find you, you transform into the building you just destroyed and they won't suspect a thing
They won't suspect a thing after hearing a thunderous noise and finding all the debris laying around?
>Yeah
You wouldn't suspect a thing if that happened?
>Nu-uh
I feel like I'm gonna regret asking this, but what's his supperhero name?
>Atticus
>>
Kill yourself OP.
>>
>>53271105
>I feel like I'm gonna regret asking this, but what's his supperhero name?
>Atticus

I was wondering what the point of making this story up was.

Thanks OP.
>>
File: 1441768141111.jpg (47KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1441768141111.jpg
47KB, 460x276px
>>53271102
>>53271105

Holy shit that's so fucking retarded. I laughed my ass off, thanks OP.
>>
>>53271178
>>53271121

Okay, re-reading everything I guess it feels like it's just a set-up for a lame joke, but that's an actual conversation that happened almost verbatim
>>
ITT: awesome ideas ruined by shit GMs
>>
>>53271253
Tell your friend he has inspired the next character I play.
>>
>>53271121
>>53271178
Stop whining, OP's story fun as shit.
>>
>>53271451
Please, no
>>
>>53271557
>Stop whining, OP's story fun as shit.
I'm not denigrating the idea of Atticus the Human Brownstone, just OP.
>>
>>53271102
>>53271105
I had a giggle. Evil building monsters could be cool, but a building detective is like absurdist humor. I like it, run with it OP. Make it the most arbitrary terrible power ever.
>>
If I remember correctly there was a guy in he original "The Authority" comics whose power was literally being the incarnatio of a living city or somehing.

It would work better than just turning into building.
>>
>>53272195
I actually tried to make a character sheet fitting all of it somehow but the more I look at it, the stupider it feels.
It's the embodiment of "that guy" just waiting for the opporutnity to derrail every single thing the DM could come up with.
I just wanted to play as a cool detective.
>>
File: I beg your pudding.jpg (22KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
I beg your pudding.jpg
22KB, 500x375px
>>53271102
>>53271105
>>
>>53272484
Have it have all the predictable drawbacks.

>Atticus, the Building Detective decides to go hunt three serial killers
>he turns into a building in the middle of the street to lure them inside, annihilating the previous building
>the previous building's tennants can't see the Building/man and start freaking out about their loved ones
>the police, fire department and navy show up, but they all feel suspicious and wrong
>eventually the serial killers enter the building, and the building man eats/traps them
>but can't go anywhere because it will look like two random floating people died for no reason
>and if he reveals his identity to the public, he'll have to pay for all the damages
>scientists begin to study the building and eventually learn Atticus IS the building
>some sort of ant/builder/demolitions expert badguy tries to track him down
It writes itself anon.
>>
>>53272666
>meanwhile the killers are still inside hearing Atticus mumbling to himself about how to get out of that situation, but have no idea where the voice comes from
>>
Sounds like Danny the Street, a DC superhero.
>>
>>53272867
>Search Danny the Street
>It actually exists
>It's a flamboyant crossdresser sentient street

Well, fuck me sideways
>>
I honestly feel like there's a neat idea in there somewhere. Like a sentient pseudo building that fights crime by becoming an ersatz version of of wherever the perp is trying to go, maybe kind of overlaying itself with the real place or possessing it some how to set the trap, could be pretty cool if really surreal idea. Like if Dick Tracy was a house mimic
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.