[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about this game. I bought a TIE Fighter as a desk ornament

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: pic1603292.jpg (549KB, 1483x1453px) Image search: [Google]
pic1603292.jpg
549KB, 1483x1453px
Tell me about this game. I bought a TIE Fighter as a desk ornament and now I'm curious about it.
>>
Babbys first mini game
>>
>>53270236

The meta is starting to get fucked BUT it is absurdly fun for casual play. Grab some ships you find interesting and start dogfighting.

The strategy can be boiled down to;
>Turrets
Ships which do not fire exclusively out of their forward arc, often reliably able to chip away at other ships. Often lose to swarms of disposable fighters.

>Swarms
Cheap disposable ships which, when taken in bulk, can overwhelm by volume. TIEs are the classic for this. Often built around force-multiplier cards. Often hurt against arc-dodgers who defy their ability to get enough guns on target to do the job.

>Aces/Arc-Dodgers
Point-heavy specialty craft which can put out big hurt and often run roughshod over the basic action economy. Poe + BB-8 is a good example; he is more difficult to get into your sights simply because his movement options are very broad. Often hurt by turrets which could give a fuck about his nimbleness.
>>
>>53270415
Those strategies are like two years old.

Nowadays, the strategy is play scum with a support ship and don`t get caught cheating on a stream.
>>
>>53270236

It started out great.

But as with all thing hyper competitive assholes found it, shit all over it and ruined it for everyone.
>>
>>53270854

>Implying it isn't FFGs fault for catering to tournyfags with unrestricted power creep

I mean look what happened to netrunner
>>
>>53270785

Funnily enough, I stopped going to competitive events two years ago so that's probably why.
>>
>>53271270

I'm glad the creep started with ships I could not give a shit less about, i.e. all the new Star Wars bullshit. Give me the fighters from original trilogy, and maybe some ships from the Lucasarts games from the '90s (i.e. TIE Defender), and I'm plenty happy.
>>
>>53270236
Causal play is amazing, competitive has become terrible in the last few years.
Avoid netlists and just bring what you think looks cool and you will love it.

It's fast, easy and cheap(er) to get into than most miniatures games. Also has a high skill ceiling so repeated play only gets better. You can even get normies to play it because if the IP and it's rules are simple so anyone can play but have a ton of depth of you want to put in energy to get more out of it.
>>
>>53270236
It's fun.

The system actually works as Space Combat for the RPG too.
>>
>>53274576
As it were, peak power creep happened with TIE Defenders.
>>
>>53274576
You're me. I've bought everything that comes from the OT or 90s video games and it's fun as fuck. The best thing about it is that you can literally just keep around entire factions and get anyone to play because the rules are so easy to learn.

>>53276340
You mean Phantoms. Defenders weren't very good when they were released.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.