[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are regular marines relevant anymore? or should I get ready to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 20160604_131908.jpg (280KB, 1580x889px) Image search: [Google]
20160604_131908.jpg
280KB, 1580x889px
Are regular marines relevant anymore? or should I get ready to buy boxes of new marines so I can beat Tau in and Eldar in 8th ed.
>>
>>53270023
NO sold them all, sold your army because gw are making new better SM only NEW MARINES
better burn all of the old SM

are you fucking retarded ?
>>
>>53271835
>are you fucking retarded ?
>sold your army

Apparently you are a retard
>>
>>53270023
Silly marinlet player! Your manlets are obsolete and you should buy imperial guard instead!
>>
I'd wait and see if they get rules for heavy and special weapons first.

The plasma guns look neato and their presence suggests that they'll get weapon options, just instead of the traditional tactical squad they might be limited to special weapon squads.

Also they could end up overcosted or take up two transport spaces and eat shit as a result.
>>
>>53271867
He's being sarcastic, dummy.
>>
>>53272222
Check dem quads yo
>>
>>53270023
>tfw people gave me shit fur using mk4 marines in 40k and now the Numarines use mk4 helmets.
>>
File: rambo.jpg (124KB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
rambo.jpg
124KB, 1300x867px
>>53270023

They will become the vagrants of the Imperium.

Vagrant marine: Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my crusade! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to Holy Terra and I see all those maggots at the spaceport, protesting me, spitting. Calling me marinelet and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me, huh? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

Out there we had a codex. You watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's nothing! Back there I could fly a thunderhawk, I could drive a rhino, I was in charge of million dollar equipment, back here I can't even hold a job parking land speeders!
>>
>>53272326
Damn I pictured a SM in the gutter telling that, that's harsh.

Also, read Nam by Mark Baker, it's...an experience to say the least. You red the book, then you realise no movir has ever come close to picturing the actual hell it was.
Hamburger Hill showz the futility of the war, but it's brutality? It's horrors? It's still miles off.
>>
>>53272396
all i need to know about vietnam is when my uncle came back he set himself on fire.
>>
>>53271869
This.
Lasguns can now wound everything. May need a billion lasguns, but you have a billion guardsmen high on orders.
>>
>>53272424
Ouch. That sucks man.
>>
The Ultra-Ultramarines are going to completely replace the standard marines by the 9th edition. You can trust me.
>>
>>53272326
Quality post
>>
>>53272522

Stallone should have won an Oscar for Rambo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc2OvrpzjvM
>>
>>53272912
1st one was great, it was a proper movie that Nam vets could relate to, even modern vets can, unfortunately those issues are exactly the same today.
Then the rest became cheap actions flicks where he kills schmucks by the dozen when he didn't kill anyone in the 1st one.
>>
>>53272326
Good post.
>>
>>53272326
this is my real hope for how they advance the lore

I've always wanted a non-chaos yet non-imperial faction.....
>>
>>53272450

Fire as much as possible, hope for 6's

Sounds like a lot of current necron players strategies
>>
>>53273061
Like every Stallone film. Starts good, then they make it into its own parody which gets remembered better.
>>
>>53273061
But then we would have never had Rambo train the Taliban to fight foreign aggressors.
>>
File: 2834830-3x2-940x627.jpg (105KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
2834830-3x2-940x627.jpg
105KB, 940x627px
>>53271835
>NO sold them all, sold your army because gw are making new better SM only NEW MARINES

But anon, everybody is selling them, old marines price is crashing.
>>
>>53272424

That's a very rare joke. Well done!
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.