[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 44

File: maelstromnexus.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
maelstromnexus.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
All the Colors Edition

Previous Thread: >>53252860

NEWS

>Commander 2017
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcing-commander-2017-edition-2017-04-18
>MTGO Banlist Latest Update
http://wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander
>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
How many colors do you prefer to play with in Commander?
>>
>>53268885
most of my decks are 5, 1, or 0 colors. i make an exception if a certain commander seems really cool to me, but i really do like my decks to be either rainbow or monochromatic.
>>
>>53268885
One or two colours is optimal. Three is slightly too janky for my tastes. I've never built a deck with more than that because I'm not rich.
>>
>>53268885
0 to 3 color, 4 and 5 are for indecisive losers.
>>
>>53268885
I currently have an Orzhov, Gruul, and Sultai deck. I love the flavor of the Ravnica guilds plus 2 color forces you to use interesting cards. The Sultai deck is just a goodstuff shitshow for when I want to be ""competitive"".
Not sure what I should build next. I need something janky that can play nice with newer players.
>>
Two colors
or 5c
newly added 4c generals have been fun but limited in scope but I do play them a lot
only reason to play 3c or mono is if you have been brainwashed by the glow in the dark CIA niggers into thinking these combos are as smooth as the others
once you hit 4c you get to critical mass of multicolor ramp and tutor effects that 3c just doesnt have access to.
3c generals should be built around the general's effects if you are going to use them. I hate doing this so the only 3c deck I have is shattergang, a hold over from a thing my group does where they pick a general for you to build and you build it to about 60% power.
>>
Don't really have an interest in monobrown or rainbow deck. My decks right now are 1 to 3.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (578KB, 1856x952px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
578KB, 1856x952px
put these in your talrand deck guy from last general
>>
>>53269135
i like monobrown because it's like a deckbuilding constraint. sure, i could be playing sydri and have access to tutors and counterspells, but i'm instead playing karn and it makes games a lot more interesting and interactive
>>
>>53269149
so the trick with this is to play as many lands as you need for all spells in your deck, then mill your lands/cards you dont need and then just keep topdecking spells?
>>
>>53269149
That's some beautiful jank anon.
>>
>>53269209
go for a mana severance/charbelcher win, it'll be a blast
>>
File: MasterpieceSeries.png (459KB, 669x311px) Image search: [Google]
MasterpieceSeries.png
459KB, 669x311px
How many Masterpieces do you have in your decks, /edhg/?
>>
>>53269271
I hate the new masterpieces
>>
>>53269271
none. i take decks apart so frequently that i've never even bothered to foil one out. i haven't found that one deck that i don't get bored with yet.
>>
>>53269271
None. I am a poorfag.
>>
File: iDdnfox[1].gif (2MB, 800x936px) Image search: [Google]
iDdnfox[1].gif
2MB, 800x936px
>>53269271
I've got a Godless Shrine and a Sculpting Steel.
>>
>>53268451
That shit is fucking amazing in ghave
>>
>>53269271
Every time I'm tempted to pick one up I'm just reminded of staples that I don't *need* but could get instead. Like why get a masterpiece sword of x and y that I already have when I could pick up something like a Doubling Season instead and be able to build a bunch of decks that I previously couldn't
>>
>>53269271
Cloudstone Curio in Selvala because it's my favorite masterpiece art so far, and Smoldering Marsh in Minotaur Tribal.

Too bad the Gods and Invocations were so uninteresting, I would've loved to have a masterpiece as my commander.
>>
>>53269396
How surprised are you going to be when Doubling Season is an Invocation in HoD?
>>
>>53269271
I've cracked 4 masterpieces so far (Steam Vents, Mystic Gate, Horizon Canopy, Champion's Helm). I traded/sold all of them since I'm not a big fan of the ones I got.
>>
>>53269227
>it'll be a blast
you cheeky unclefucker
>>
File: Draw-4.gif.jpg (23KB, 255x396px) Image search: [Google]
Draw-4.gif.jpg
23KB, 255x396px
>>53269271
pact of negation looked so damn hot in the case
sleeved it up
>tfw it looks like I put a card from another game in my deck as a proxie
>>
>>53269520
i use blue eyes white dragon as a dragonlord ojutai proxy
>>
>>53269271
In total I have around 30 masterpieces in my decks.
>>
>>53269489
Depends on the art honestly. The invocation Force of Will looks like dogshit compared to the other versions, but something like the Mindtwist or Daze make me want to get them and throw them in a deck just for the art.
>>
>>53269816
>tfw Daze playmat only available at SCG
>itll probably be 100$ outside of the event
>>
>>53269883
>tfw your playmat is just plain black
I need to learn how to stop playing EDH like a peasant
>>
>>53270081
Miku playmat.
>>
>>53268885
I typically go two color. Mono-color tends to get too simple or linear and 3+-color gets a little too expensive on the manabase since I don't want to get fetches right now. It's not that I'm not interested in more than 2-color, I'm just waiting until I get better mana for it. I'm also not totally against mono-color of the deck is interesting enough
>>
>>53270081
i've never owned a playmat
>>
>>53270128
The madman.
>>
File: jfKCg.jpg (114KB, 909x534px) Image search: [Google]
jfKCg.jpg
114KB, 909x534px
>>53270081
I realize people are going to laugh at me because
>yugioh
But I really want to get a custom mat like this.
>>
Im playing a Standard Cards only commander tournament in about a month. I've chosen Rashmi. I'm curious what are some good token creators in the colors, because I really want to abuse Cryptolith Rites and Paradox Engine (as well as Planar Bridge). Any ideas?
>>
>>53270081
What is the point of a playmat? Your cards are already in sleeves. These things don't have a function at all. It's like buying flame stickers for your car. Except if you buy the playmat in plain black without a motive it doesn't even look cool and the flames are more useful.
>>
File: IMG_7240.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7240.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>53269271

Just this one in Queen Marchesa.
>>
>>53270346
i use to play without playmats for a very long time, then I got one gifted. It just makes the cards slide better and you get a cool design you like, so its really up to you
>>
>>53270346
the only reason I ever use a playmat is in a group that tends to encroach on your place
>>
>>53270284
rogue refiner, those big value energy cards and also add aetherworks marvel
>>
Why do I feel like any EDH deck without white in it is at a supreme disadvantage without access to Return to Dust, Swords, Sylvan Reclamation, etc?

Just feels like my blue black deck will NEVER be able to deal with shit the way my decks with even a splash of white can. Unless I just run fucktons of counterspells and never get to play anything because I'm constantly leaving mana open for their bullshit.

Fucking what do I do? Do I change my commander from Wrexial to like... Sens Triplets, just so I can have white for answers? I'm just so fucking sick of losing games simply because I don't have enchantment removal, seems like most casual games end because of powerful enchantments.
>>
>>53270346
You destroy your sleeves, so you have to replace them regularly and end up spending more in the long run.
You don't drag dirt around with you on the sleeves with a mat under it, the dirt then eventually ends up inside the sleeves (and I assume you don't double sleeve, since you don't even have a mat).

Moving cards around is also far easier, less pressure needed to pick them up so you avoid bending, and you get to declare a space for your own cards on the table.

Also they look sweet. Playmats are great.
>>
File: bg_mainvisual.jpg (315KB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
bg_mainvisual.jpg
315KB, 1600x1131px
>>53270096

No shame.
>>
>>53270468
I am also playing those. Big energy value cards being like Aethersquall Ancient, Aethrwind Basker, Confiscation Coup? I also have Emrakul and Kozelik (lol at buying Ulamog rn) in the deck. And As Foretold
>>
>>53270346
It's literally just "look at my anime girls teehee I'm so cool for wasting money on nothing!!11!"
>>
>>53270474
I play Kruphix with literally 0 removal problems. You just need to figure out what the good removal is in your colors. With Kruphix, I found that there are a decent number of G/U removal, but I needed to find a way to recur them as opposed to just having MORE.
>>
>>53270514
yeah exactly like those. Get those and also get other "value" energy cards like servant of the conduit and energy producers in general. Also that blue/green tap for 2 colorless from amonkhet

youll want big pay offs too like the titans and gear hulks
>>
>>53270544
>Acidic Slime+DEN
Feels good.
>>
>>53270346
>>53270534
>Getting shit on your sleeves
>Shuffling that shit around

Yeah, nah. You can't trust every venue you play at to be impeccably clean.
>>
>>53270534

The only time that bugs me is if they don't know the characters. A guy once had a playmat with the Ikkitousen cast showing hints of areola and he couldn't even name the series.
>>
>>53270269

What the hell am I looking at? How does the archetype work?
>>
>>53270546
yeah i have all of those. I also have the gearhulks and titans (again, sans Ulamog). I also want to grab a part the waterveil. I think the deck is good, but I just want to be able to do degenerate shit with Paradox Engine.
>>
>>53270585
>>53270504
Where do you play that dirt is a problem? I play on normal wooden tables and never had problems with dirt.
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>53270474
U/B

and you dont have removal?

You have counterspells, creature removal, bounce, discard/wheels, graveyard recursion of both creatures and spells, cloning.
>>
>>53270603
maybe add some 1cmc evasive creatures and make it a mini edric? I know about the slitherblade but im sure there are others
>>
>>53270588
Infernities. They all basically have Hellbent, hence the jokes about hiding monsters in the spell/trap zones, and work by abusing extremely efficient graveyard recursion.
>>
>>53270647
At a local game shop. They sell snack food, and people interchangeably put their bags on the tables or floor, so it's easy for bits of crumbs or things to end up on the tables.
>>
File: IMG_20170516_112941865_HDR.jpg (5MB, 2952x5248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170516_112941865_HDR.jpg
5MB, 2952x5248px
>>53269520
pic related
>>
>>53270647
I play at my LGS, I guess playing at home when you can clean off the table before starting would make a playmat less needed.
>>
>>53270652
To deal with enchantments and artifacts? No, not really. I can kill all the creatures I want and still be fucking screwed, I can bounce all the enchantments I want and they can just play them again. I don't really WANT to load my deck with counterspells but I guess it's my only fucking option. Shit's bogus.
>>
>>53270711
Looks damn good to me. Also got an invocation pact, it's so sexy.
I still run my original set foil pact in my pimpest deck though, since it spiked to $120 following the invocation print
>>
>>53270588
It's like Hellbent - Tutors and Reanimators and Counters that only work with an empty hand. Plus Yugioh has an extra deck for your big fancy creatures, so you combo off that frequently, making it your second deck. The other part of the joke is that you can place your instants and sorceries face down, but if you've got creatures in your hand you just cheat and set them anyway.
>>
File: 376462.full.jpg (53KB, 200x278px) Image search: [Google]
376462.full.jpg
53KB, 200x278px
>>53270717
Counter them.

Bounce, and then make them discard. Black has removal.

Not running enough? Spelltwine/steal effects from yoru opponents
>>
>>53270766
That's GB though.
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>53270830
clumsy.
I wasnt paying attention. meant this
>>
>>53270734
the pact just doesnt look enough like a magic card to me
>>
>>53270888
Black borders would have fixed that.
>>
Best inexpensive(Under $5) counterspells for EDH?
>>
>>53270971
Counterspell
>>
>>53270971
Counterspell.
>>
>>53270717
how about rats of rath
>you never said which side of the board the artifact was on
>>
>>53270971
swan song
negate
condescend
mana leak
arcane denial
>>
>>53270971
Counterspell
Negate
Arcane Denial
Forbid if you draw a lot (which you probably do if you're in blue)
Guttural Response if you're a Gruulfag
Insidious Will and Rewind are both decent
Plasm Capture if you're in Simic colors
>>
>>53271048
I fucking love Forbid + Land Tax.

It's so goddamn good.
>>
File: jordan.jpg (41KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
jordan.jpg
41KB, 497x732px
>>53271045
>getting BTFO via swan song.

"At least you get a swan"
>>
>>53271101
>mfw you swan song your opponents attempt at Return to Dusting your Humility + Moat
>>
>>53270971
There are only about 10 counterspells that are really good with no support. If you have even a little support though (in the form of cost reducers) much more will start to become good. Having a Baral and jace's sanctum in play will make your opponents hate control forever.
>>
>>53270971
Disdainful Stroke
Stubborn Denial
>>
>Playing against a friend with a handful of counterspells
>Play a Demonic Tutor
>"Why would I counter your tutor? I'll just counter whatever you get with it."
>Search Cavern of Souls

Anyone else have good stories of times opponents made terrible mistakes?
>>
Here's some C17 speculation based on popularity on EDHREC.

Very likely:
>Zombies, probably Esper considering Amonkhet's white zombie support, also allows for both Dimir and Orzhov alternate legendaries
>Goblins probably Rakdos but could get a Mardu commander based on the recent Mardu Ascendancy and Ponyback Brigade
>Elves could get Abzan or Sultai, at the very least Golgari to get some alternatives to Nath

Likely:
>Vampires need a Mardu commander because what's a vampire deck without Sorin?
>Spirits have a lot of support and there's even more spirit/arcane support but no playable commanders, either Esper for more conventional tribal or 5c for spirit/arcane synergy

Possible:
>Humans, Sigarda works but is not very interesting, could be Selesnya or possibly 5c (primarily white similar to Tazri)
>Merfolk are fine with Sygg, but they have enough tribal support that it's not unreasonable for them to get a new deck in Esper or Bant
>Snakes recently got Kaseto but it's possible for them to get a Sultai commander to squeeze in Hapatra, Pharika etc.
>Soldiers would be Boros if anything, only possible if WotC feel the need to fill a certain color quota among all four decks
>Clerics would be Orhzov for sure, they don't have a lot of support but the cards that do exist are very unique and in need of reprints, depends on whether WotC consider Ayli to be a success or a mistake

Unlikely:
>Dragons have Karrthus, Atarka, Bladewing and Scion and every color under the sun if they don't mind their commander being generic
>Slivers have enough support as-is and reprints of the must-have legendaries would shoot the expected value through the roof
>Wizards work fine with Azami, but they would also benefit a lot from reprints
>Allies and Eldrazi are both very self-contained within their two blocks and have Tazri and Titans respectively
>Angels don't have any tribal synergy whatsoever
>Elementals work fine with HoN and evoke

I doubt anything less popular than these will get a new deck.
>>
>>53271245
>Elves could get Abzan or Sultai, at the very least Golgari to get some alternatives to Nath
They already have that in Rhys and Jarad.
>>
>>53271245
>Angels don't have any tribal synergy whatsoever

Wouldn't this be the perfect time to introduce some?
>>
File: Image (10).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (10).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Deck built around pic related, bouncing shit and then naming it to force discards

Too jank or a valid form of removal
>>
>>53271295
you can only play the card if you can pronounce the name
>>
>>53271295
I'd say it's a little too roundabout to be anything more than jank. It's a neat idea, but it potentially costs a lot of mana to remove even a single card.
>>
>>53271245
>I doubt anything less popular than these will get a new deck.

To be honest, I'd kind of expect the exact opposite. I have my doubts they'd just double down on the already biggest, most supported tribes, because they've often used the Commander series to hit parts of design they felt were lacking, such as wedge legends, four color legends, and planeswalker commanders. I don't expect a Zombie deck, for instance, because it would be entirely unnecessary. There are more than enough ways to build Zombie tribal.

I'd be expecting to see them hit tribes that are popular with the players, but don't have a lot of EDH support. It could easily be something like Werewolves even.
>>
>>53271324
It's really not that hard to pronounce.
>>
>>53271362
i can't
is it pronounced:
ne'bu-CHAD-nez-nez?
>>
>>53271393
Ne-bu-ku-nez-zar. Watch The Matrix.
>>
>>53271337

>Werewolf Tribal with a proper Commander

Be still my heart, it's too soon to hope again.
>>
>>53271393
Nebbuka-nezzar.
>>
I've been meaning to run a Bant copy deck that runs all the creature copiers (Cackling Counterpart, Mimic Vat, etc) with Doubling/Parallel Lives/Anointed Procession to maximize the tokens and other blue copiers for flavor. All I need is to know what commander to run. There aren't many Bant-colored legends.

>inb4 Riku
I know about Riku but Riku can't run Anointed Procession and I like the white ETB creatures
>>
File: 1349068140964.jpg (164KB, 800x623px) Image search: [Google]
1349068140964.jpg
164KB, 800x623px
>>53271435
>werewolf tribal deck, flagship commander is reprinted Ulrich.

"You'll take it, and you will like it."
-MTG R&D
>>
>>53271445
okay got it:
nebbukaki my nezzer
>>
>>53271242
I had almost the exact same thing happen. I needed to cast my aetherflux reservoir to win, but I knew my opponent had a counterspell.

So I demonic tutor'd, he said the same thing, and I searched for overwhelming denial. Felt pretty good.
>>
File: 1404605436342.jpg (10KB, 324x282px) Image search: [Google]
1404605436342.jpg
10KB, 324x282px
>>53271136

Stop Anon, I can only get so erect.
>>
>>53271467
Are you running creatures that ETB as a copy of another creature?
>yes, then run roon.

Other then that, i guess the dragon for lifegain off of permanents?
>>
>>53271474

Why do you say things that you know will hurt me?
>>
>>53271474
Man that is one fat goblin
>>
>>53271467
I'd say either Roon or Derevi. Roon for abusing ETBs with his flicker and Derevi for being annoying by copying him and tapping down everything.
>>
File: SOI_PW_Arlinn_Kord_image_gallery.jpg (103KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
SOI_PW_Arlinn_Kord_image_gallery.jpg
103KB, 1200x675px
>>53271474
We all know who's really in charge.
>>
>>53271571

She takes the knot like the bitch she is.
>>
>>53271242
>everyone but blue retard itching for that last land to go all out on the combo
>playing selesnya grouphug
>"alright boys who wants F R E E L A N D S"
>play tempt with discovery
>"lolno"
>bluefag counters me
>counterwar breaks out
>bluefag wins but burns all his counters
>rakdos guy draws a land and runs him over with mikaeus+triskelion infinite
>>
What's the best Cheesecake playmat that wouldn't get me kicked out of a game store? Preferably something that looks good with Gruul and Naya colors.
>>
>>53271583

Sure you mean she gives the knot like the Alpha she is.
>>
>>53271620
I want her to knot me
>>
>>53271643
Knot I!
>>
>>53271571
She looks like she has to shit.
>>
>>53269271
I have a few in Radha, which I'm foiling out: Stomping Ground, Wooded Foothills, Cinder Glade, Forbidden Orchard, and Mana Confluence. Other than those, I don't own any masterpieces.
>>
>>53271643
girl werewolves dont have penises
>>
>>53271280
In the case of Jarad, I don't really consider a commander to be tribal when they have nothing to do with the tribe aside from being part of it. The deck would be Abzan so that they could fit Rhys and company into the standard Golgari tribal package from Lorwyn and Origins.

>>53271286
There are only 56 new cards in the set or 14 new cards per deck, even less if some of the cards are shared across decks. It would be very forced to squeeze in enough tribal support for angels with so few slots, especially since angels don't benefit as much from generic tribal anthems and are almost exclusively mono-white. They probably also have a couple of card cycles planned that are unrelated to tribes, similar to the stuff with undaunted and basic landcycling in C16.

>>53271337
>Yes, we are releasing four decks this year instead of the normal five, since this year's theme isn't based on the color wheel but some of Magic's most popular, and interesting, tribes!
It's possible that we get one deck that's more "interesting" than "popular" like werewolves, faeries, minotaurs etc. but zombies, goblins and elves are almost guaranteed considering that statement.
>>
Are there any polymorph-type cards besides polymorph, mass polymorph, jalira and proteus staff? I need it for my "Don't talk to me or my Talrand ever again" deck.
Yes I'm running last word
>>
>>53271435
Just give them a legendary werewolf lord to buff them (possibly with +1/+1s and a keyword like trample or haste) and who can help them flip and they'll be solid.
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>53271706
Curse of the blue exile
>>
>>53271696
Rashmi doesn't support elves but she's still a frequent elfball commander. Elf tribal works because of the number of elf cards that work off number of rules.
>>
>>53271706
pongify
>>
>>53271706
Pongify and Rapid Hybridization
>>
>>53271746
>number of rules
Number of elves.
>>
>>53271729

How about a Commander that can transform your Werewolves for an activated cost, and allows you to choose whether to transform them or not, so you can keep your big beefy guys transformed into Werewolves and some of your utility stuff like Duskwatch human?
>>
>>53270269
Ah how I miss they days of synchro spam Infernities, Brionac-ing and Mist Wurm-ing the opp's board away and swinging for 8000. Good times.

I would do the Skull Servants mat if I had the ways, spoopy skellys the best deck.
>>
>>53271696
>It's possible that we get one deck that's more "interesting" than "popular" like werewolves, faeries, minotaurs etc.

See, that's the heart of our disagreement. I'm not saying Werewolves are more "interesting" than "popular". I'm saying tribes like Werewolves are popular, especially among casuals, even if the current crop of Werewolf cards aren't, if you get what I mean. I think they'll be looking at tribes that "the idea of" are popular but that are underplayed in practice because of weak support or generally low power level, tribes that people want to be able to play but can't.
>>
>>53271757
>>53271733
>>53271765
Oops, guess I wasn't clear, I meant cards that do what polymorph does. Cards that get rid of your creatures and reveal from your deck until you find another one.
>>
As there isn't a gA thread up right now I figure I'll ask here. If I have Winding Constrictor and Corpsejack Menace on the field at the same, in what order do the effects trigger? If I'm placing a +1/+1 do I place an additional one and then double it, or do I double it and then add another?
>>
>>53271807
I am not aware of other stuff like that in blue.

I know of Undaunted transformation in red.
>>
New to EDH, played around with a few precons and decided to make a mono-red artifact deck for my casual playgroup.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-05-17-kurkesh-edh/

Any suggestions for replacements/improvements?
>>
>>53271856
They aren't triggered abilities, they're replacement effects. The controller of the affected ability gets to resolve in what order they're applied, so you can do either an additional counter and then double that, or double it and then put an additional counter, if you ever have any reason to want to have one less counter.
>>
>>53271910
I would def throw a mindslaver in there.

For 1v1 you can create easy loops
for multiplayer, you can copy it with Kurkesh, and create loops that way.

magical christmas land, but
Kurkesh, Mindslaver, and stronic resonater means you could control up to 3 other players.
>>
>>53271571
does anyone play this hansom woman in their decks?
>>
>>53271804
I see your point. That actually may be the case, as I didn't take standard/modern/kitchen table into account.
>>
>>53272020
My boyfriend runs her in his Xenogas werewolf deck.
>>
So...Baral or Talrand?
Which is more fun? I'm leaning towards Talrand
>>
>>53271694

They do in Japan.
>>
>>53271799
That sounds perfect honestly. Let him buff the werewolves as well and he's pretty much perfect. If we want to incorporate new mechanics we can have him give your werewolves something like "exert: this creature deals damage equal to its base power to target creature or player".
>>
>>53272038
Talrand has a wincon, Baral is just suffering for everyone including yourself
>>
>>53272038
Talrand is better for shenanigans. Baral is very straight forward and bland. He's good because he makes your more costly counterspells cheaper, but he usually ends up being the fun police. Talrand can do fun stuff like Proteus Staffing drakes or making cantrips into bigger value.
>>
>>53272020
I play her in Radha waifuwolves.
>>
>>53272020
I'm thinking of throwing her into Thromok but I'm not sure if she'd pull her weight.
>>
>>53272022
Admittedly, it could go either way. The majority of the Commander series have been reacting to players saying "We want X as commanders!" with X so far having been Wedges, Planeswalkers, and Nephilim, but the Shard and Enemy colored series are just playing straight into the usual stuff.

Either we'll get more of what they already know works, like with the shards/dual colors, and it'll be Elves, Goblins, and Zombies, or we'll get them reacting to the "We want X as commanders!" people.
>>
>>53272031
Faggot.
>>
>>53272038
Talrand but with Baral in the 99. My deck aims to cantrip my way to about 7 drakes and then tutor for mass polymorph to get all my counterspell support in one go, and it's pretty effective. Making your opponents hate themselves is great.
>>
Packed a Jace the mind sculptor
Wat do? Force it into sliver queen or phenax
>>
>>53272250
>>53272119
What big creatures do you put in Talrand that are polymorph targets?
>>
>>53272031
>My boyfriend
fag
>werewolf deck
faaaaaaaaaag
>>
>>53272344

What if Anon is a girl?
>>
>>53272335
Sell it and buy useful cards
>>
File: 1478531511337.gif (2MB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1478531511337.gif
2MB, 500x360px
>>53272362
impossible
>>
>>53272362
Girls don't play magic
>>
>>53272077
"Dumb Wolf Guy"
2GG
1/4
Human Shaman Werewolf
When Dumb Wolf Guy enters the battefield, other human werewolf creatures gain, "tap, add R to your manapool".

1RRG: Transform Dumb Wolf Guy
_
Big Dumb Wolf
4/5
Shaman Werewolf
Other Non-human Werewolf creatures you control gain +1/+1 and "when this creature attacks, you may exert it: deal damage to target creature or player equal to this creature's base power".

GR: Transform target werewolf creature you control.
>>
>>53272343
Scourge of fleets, stormtide leviathan, colossal whale, jin-jan augur man, guile, you know the drill. You can go for eldrazi titans if you want to. Don't forget your quicksilver fountain.
>>
>>53272343
I like Stormtide Leviathon and other big, swingy blue creatures.
>>
>>53272388

My wife and my gf both play magic.
>>
>>53272441
Post boobs or Fuck off.
>>
>>53272441
Traps are gay anon.
>>
>>53272219
Anon plz

>>53272344
best part is, its his least favorite deck.

He absolutely hates turning creatures sideways
>>
>>53272419
Fucked up the first ability, it should read:
"Dumb Wolf Guy"
2GG
1/4
Human Shaman Werewolf
While Dumb Wolf Guy is on the battefield, other human werewolf creatures gain, "tap, add R to your manapool".

1RRG: Transform Dumb Wolf Guy
_
Big Dumb Wolf
4/5
Shaman Werewolf
Other Non-human Werewolf creatures you control gain +1/+1 and "when this creature attacks, you may exert it: deal damage to target creature or player equal to this creature's base power".

GR: Transform target werewolf creature you control.
>>
>>53272479
Tell him to play Akroma's Monument then. That way his dudes remain upright.
>>
>>53272622
meant more, "he hates playing aggro"
>>
>>53272643
>dating a controlfag
Are you a beaten housewife, anon?
>>
File: O7A_dhbS.jpg (18KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
O7A_dhbS.jpg
18KB, 401x401px
>>53272699
>dating a controlfag
>Are you a beaten housewife, anon?

I have never seen a more apt comparison. Sometimes I just wanna swing with my big timmy creatures.
>>
>>53272343
There's also Arcanis, windreader sphinx, tidespout tyrant, tomorrow, azami's familiar

Sphinx of the final word is good too but you should run goliath sphinx too then for flavor reasons.

Run Zhou-Yu if you want to run a fucking human that was apparently so strong that he's an 8/8

There's also that portal legend that gives all your creatures horsemanship, flying drakes on horses is a pretty funny think to think about, so you could consider that for shits and giggles.
>>
>>53271045
>>53270971
I wouldn't ever suggest any "unless you pay [x] mana" counterspells unless there's an upside.

Mana leak is probably one of the worst spells for EDH, it will catch spells, but it's just too narrow. I like condescend in the sense it could be "U, scry 2" if you need it to be.
>>
>>53272938
>Zhou-Yu
SHIT I though Iwamori and Surrak were the strongest humans in Magic wtf did those chinks drank to get to 8/8, he can fight a Leviathan alone
>>
>>53272952
in my experience most games of edh are done by turn 10 at most
paying an extra three mana or counter a spell is still relevant through the most crucial turns of the game
its also only a single blue, i was shocked at how often it does work
>>
File: 14593248974892739.png (1MB, 7500x5923px) Image search: [Google]
14593248974892739.png
1MB, 7500x5923px
>>53272984
>Iwamori of the open fist
>On the art his fist is closed
>>
>>53273003
>its also only a single blue
and by that i mean its not double blue obviously it costs 1 and a blue
>>
>>53272984
Chaos lord is pretty swole too.
>>
>>53272480
>Non-human Werewolf
NOOO not my changelings!
>>
>>53270717
Aura Flux
Aura Thief
Reduce to Dreams + Wheel
Steal Enchantment

Literally just searched blue cards that say enchantments and found 4 solutions of various efficacy. Not to mention nevinyrral's disk, Perilous Vault, Lux Cannon, and other colorless solutions. Your black tutors and even some blue tutors can find any of these. You're in 2 of the strongest colors in magic, instead of bitching about it you should actually look for solutions.
>>
>>53272793
>Sometimes I just wanna swing with my big timmy creatures.
thats why i play oppressive control/stax Vorosh
i mean come one if you cant stop a 6 drop big dumb beater you suck
i mean yeah sure you have no lands, no hand and all spells cost at least 3 to cast but get over it :P
>>
>>53272480
I'd make it +2/+2 since he's not granting any big keywords and the exert ability only counts base power.
>>
I'm hesitating on building a roneoplasm with the myriade subtheme
a sidisi sultai with roneo inside and hulk
A Mike with all his trucks
for a tournament multi, thoughs
>>
>>53273599
Christ, what the fuck is this post?
>>
>>53273599
>A Mike with all his trucks
Mike and Trike decks will now be known as Trucker Mike.
>>
>>53273599
thank you anon i cum on cat she hiss at penis
>>
>>53273599
is cumming on birds degenerate?
>>
>>53271706
Synthetic Destiny is basically Mass Polymorph but better
>>
>>53270474
I run an artifacts heavy Vela deck, and it's not hard to include stuff like All is Dust to deal with pesky enchantments. Artifacts are a much bigger issue though, I only have Steel Sabotage to fight against them, and Ulamog if I make it that far.
>>
>>53273989
Oh shit thanks so much, that's exactly the type of stuff I was looking for.
>>
>>53274136
There's also Divergent Transformations which is a polymorph variant for red that can hit enemy creatures.
>>
>>53273599
A tournament multi like the when many arrive, and pizza
Grip tight it not messy the card!
>>
I'd like a commander based around hostile auras of the likes of Pacifism, Skin Invasion, Vows and support like Crown of the Ages and Rootwater Matriarch. What are my options? Pls no Zur.
>>
>>53273039
>On the art his fist is closed
Confucius say if his hand was open it wouldn't be a fist anymore
>>
File: 138.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
138.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>53274284
>Vows
build your own tribe.dek
>>
>>53274334
I've tried building Karona before, and it never was anything but super inefficient.
>>
File: 1494452508012.jpg (24KB, 369x434px) Image search: [Google]
1494452508012.jpg
24KB, 369x434px
>>53274320
I like you
>>
>>53274361
>super inefficient.
>I'd like a commander based around hostile auras of the likes of Pacifism, Skin Invasion, Vows and support like Crown of the Ages and Rootwater Matriarch. What are my options? Pls no Zur.

sometimes you have to compromise
>>
File: mutate3.jpg (74KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
mutate3.jpg
74KB, 500x363px
JUDGE???

Can someone explain to me how mortivore and lord of extinction work in self-mill mimeoplasm?

When exiling one of them from the graveyard (for its power in +1/+1's) with The Mimeoplasm, does he gain */* P/T (as it was when the creature was exiled?) How does this work?

Thank you!
>>
File: QUALITY.jpg (10KB, 347x315px) Image search: [Google]
QUALITY.jpg
10KB, 347x315px
>>53274320
Isn't it just a future fist though? A fist yet to come?
>>
If you have absolutely no intention to get infinite colorless mana, is Kydele better than Thrasios?
>>
File: 39.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
my brother just found this card in a stack a papers
what do you do with such a thing?
>>
>>53274378
>play Pinball Karona
>opponent gains control of it
>sacs it to ashnods altar
>>
>>53274418
No, not in my experience anyway. Kydele is a 4 drop first off
second off while your deck is going to probably have a crapload of draw to turn her on thrasios is card advantage, expensive though he may be.
I know the chingchong niggers over at the command zone like kydele but i have never seen why
>>
>>53274457
thats cool
whats your point?
>>
>>53274394
>112.6a Characteristic-defining abilities function everywhere, even outside the game. (See rule 604.3.)

Mortivore and Lord of Extinction */* are always equal to whatever the card says they should be.

So Mimeoplasm would gain whatever their P/T is in counters
>>
File: RestorationDragon.png (997KB, 963x456px) Image search: [Google]
RestorationDragon.png
997KB, 963x456px
>>53274434
>>
File: Image (11).png (141KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (11).png
141KB, 223x311px
>He's so expensive

I WILL HAVE YOU ONE DAY, MY GOBLIN FRIEND.
>>
File: 71.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
71.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>53274434
You sneak this in then say Zombie.
>>
>>53274514
precons are still like 30 bucks friendo and you get 99 other cards
>>
>>53274514
It's a she, shitlord
>>
File: g-g-g-grooooss.png (685KB, 819x970px) Image search: [Google]
g-g-g-grooooss.png
685KB, 819x970px
>>53274540
>It's a she
fierce!
>>
File: vial-smasher[1].jpg (210KB, 850x473px) Image search: [Google]
vial-smasher[1].jpg
210KB, 850x473px
>>53274514
Vial Smasher is a girl goblin, anon.
>>
File: 1492508055505-v.jpg (70KB, 447x447px) Image search: [Google]
1492508055505-v.jpg
70KB, 447x447px
>>53274503
>Playing Mardu
>>
>>53274457
Play Angel of Jubilation.

>b-but WWW!
You're playing 5-color control, if you can't cheat out your mana you have no business in this town.
>>
>>53274577
>ywn be partners with vial smasher
>ywn go on zany adventures full of explosions and knicking asshole wizards in the dick with her
>ywn go back to your burrow with vial smasher and have violent, hair-pulling, dick-twisting sex with her
why live?
>>
Would having Kydele and Thrasios partner together be completely fucking retarded? They seem like they'd synergize pretty well together.
>>
>>53274675
just add in paradox engine and labman and you have a stupid stupid deck
its really not even fun to play desu
>>
>>53274536
Entropic Uprising comes with
>Burgeoning $4
>Wheel of Fate $4
>Chaos Warp $4
>Yidris $5
>Kydele $5
>Thrasios $7
>Chromatic Lantern $8
>Vial Smasher $11

It's definitely worth picking up.
>>
>>53274706
not to mention cultivate effects that, while not expensive, always seem in short supply
>>
>>53274706
>$10 shipping

Reckon I should go look for it at every walmart, target and toys r us in a 30 mile radius?
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>53274675
Why would it be retarded?

Thrasios + Kydele + untap mechanism can go infinite.
>>
Are either of the izzet partners good in any situation ever?
>>
>>53274721
i mean thats half of the fun anon, also do you not buy groceries?
>>
>>53274675
Kydele+Umbral Mantle+Wheel is the most brain dead infinite mana you can find.
>>
>>53274721
Call them up. It might take you a while to explain to whatever disinterested employee what you're talking about, but it'll save time and gas.
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 178x248px
>>53274768
>>
>>53274741
Kraum is a flying haste beater that draws you cards when your opponents try to make a play. He's not the best card out there but if you want UR in your color profile to go alongside something else he's pretty good. Ludevic is good if you're not sure how to tell your friends you're contemplating suicide.
>>
>>53274797
Why is it artifacts that always seem to be so degenerate.
>>
>>53274816
something something something mishra
>>
>>53274813
Does Ludevic do a good job of making people swing at each other rather than you?
>>
>>53271242
Doing the same while getting a Cradle or Cabal Coffers is always fun.
>>
>>53274877
I would argue not as effectively as something like ghostly prison does.
>>
>>53274877
yes but he also does a good job of drawing other people cards
ive cloned him a couple of times, it felt good but not great
>>
>>53274877
No, since painlands, shocklands and all pay life-effects are pretty common in EDH anyway
>>
>>53274877
Only because he is a 1/4, so he can block smaller stuff without issues.
>>
>>53274768

selvala heart of the wilds + umbra mantle
>>
>>53274816
What? No! Artifacts have always been fair and balanced, ever since Alpha, what are you talking about?
>>
>>53274975
But full-art lands are ugly as hell. They were cute in Zendikar, but I'm long past fed up with the cereal bowl islands.
>>
I did this thing

Tell me what terrible mistakes am I doing

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/all-of-the-rhinos-1/
>>
How do I play Atraxa? I just can't seem to get the hang of building around her, because there are lots of different synergies. It also usually became less of an Atraxa deck more of a Doubling Season deck, as in I would ALWAYS tutor for Doubling Season in basically any scenario.
>>
>>53274896
Did you have mirror gallery up?
>>
>>53275070
If you built a doubling season deck then you've built Atraxa correctly.
>>
>>53275070
Charge counter artifacts and walkers my friend
Magistrate Scepter, Titan Forge and Lux Cannon are your friends
>>
>>53275070
Build it around silly janky counters duh
>>
>>53275070
Level Up Tribal
>>
Repostan
>>53265473
[Spoiler]pls respond[/spoiler]
>>
What's a good booster box to buy for edh cards?
>>
>start wondering why my maelstrom deck gets focused even though i almost always die first or get disrupted to kingdom fuck and never get anything done
>start giving my group shit for never getting to play anything
>take it out for a test spin for the first time in a while
>actually manage to ramp well and cast maelstrom wanderer
>cascade into tooth and nail, have 2 mana open from the previous ramping for entwine, have lethal on board even without infinite combo because lol pathbreaker ibex and avenger of zendikar
>"oh right that's why"

welp time to stop complaining about being hated off the board
>>
I'm getting really tempted to breakdown and get a bootleg Cavern of Souls, Vampiric Tutor and Demonic Tutor.
>>
>>53275465
Modern/Eternal Masters
>>
>>53275465
Modern masters 1 2 or 3. Eternal masters isn't bad. New phyrexia/mirrodin besieged/whatever the third set was aren't bad. Urza's saga if you have tons of money.
>>
File: 1478019795230.jpg (34KB, 480x369px) Image search: [Google]
1478019795230.jpg
34KB, 480x369px
5 color a best color.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-05-17-harvest-season/

Posting deck before going to bed hoping to catch some advice before dead hours. Yes, I'm aware of blade of selves and am trying to get it. More looking for tips on my removal, ramp, and clone suites.
>>
>>53275524

Yeah, my Scion of the Ur-Dragon deck is the exact same way. If I get a few of the early boardwipes out as I build up mana or I manage to get a decent ramp situation the dragons just keep coming out and pummeling the board with ETB and Whenever they Attack effects.
>>
>>53275552
>>53275558
The latest modern masters it is. Thank you gentlemen.
>>
>>53275558
>>53275552
IMO both Conspiracies give out more EDH fun stuff or money cards to sell and buy EDH staples. MM is a hell of a loterry if you open a planes or Goyf tho
>>
>>53275524
Maelstrom wins every game if left alone. He just shots value every time he's cast up to like 16 mana.
>>
>>53275576
here's my list, though it hasnt been updated in a while, and it isnt a clone deck. desu i think mirror gallery is a little bit janky and you're more well off just playing another scarecrow. also rite of replication kicked targeting your own reaper king reads 'destroy 25 permanents".

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mr-wadsworth/
>>
>>53275626
Eternal masters is really cheap now though.
>>
>>53275634
Conspiracy and Conspiracy 2 are so packed with great commanders. Both Grenzos, both Selvalas, Edric, Leo, both Marchesas, Brago. Basically except for Adriana they're either great or unique or both.
>>
>>53275634
Not even goyfs, the jank rares like hellkite charger and mirridan crusader are worth it alone. You get tons of playable commons and uncommon cards for a variety of things.

Conspiracy isn't bad but the rare slot draft cards will piss you off.
>>
>>53275636
it's not even just value, it's certain creature combinations that just one-shot players

basically, if i cascade into any of these, shit is going to pop off

>tooth and nail
>pathbreaker ibex
>xenagos
>jokulhaups
>mystical tutor (into jokulhaups or tooth and nail)
>worldly tutor or brutalizer exarch (into ibex or xenagos or something)
>selvalas stampede
>multani maro-sorcerer (in a lot of cases)
>scourge of the throne

when i cascade into any of those, best case scenario is that i just kill everyone. worst case scenario is that i one-shot the most threatening player and 1v2 the remaining fuckos the next 2 turns.

my group is starting to catch on, so i currently have 17 ramp cards in the deck to ensure that i can reach that 8 mana by turn 5 or something, preferably sooner
>>
>>53275762
>>53275746
Well shit. Now i am conflicted. I just want to crack packs and pretend i made a sound financial decision.
>>
>>53275889
this act, like many mtg related purchases, will require a large amount of mental gymnastics and post-purchase rationalization. godspeed
>>
>>53275889
Well keep in mind that even if they're fun, Leo's banned, Brago's degenerate, and Grenzo isn't that good.
>>
>>53275780
I have avoid conspiracy because of the draft matters cards taking up a spot in the pack. I looked at getting eldritch moon for that sweet double sided card value but i cannot bring myself to open something currently in standard.
>>
File: Image (46).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (46).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
honestly I don't know what my preference is. my current decks are
> black red vampire tribal
> atraxa superfriends
>5 color dragons
and I'm currently putting a deck together for zedruu. (any recs for her? I asked last thread and only got on suggestion that was pretty common for zedruu. I'm looking for something lesser known)
so I guess I just stay away from mono color
>>
>>53275784
with all the ramp, what is the likeliness that you will just cascade into ramp?
>>
>>53275889
http://mythicspoiler.com/ema/
Just take a look at what you could get in each set and act accordingly
>>
>>53275987
pretty high, but in that case my maelstrom wanderer is a 8 haste enabler creature that ramps 2-6 mana. i can then use that mana to cast all my dumb timmy shit afterwards.

but more importantly, i need the huge amount of ramp to ever actually get to 8 mana before i lose. better to get to 8 mana quickly and have a smaller chance of getting le epic cascade, than never get to 8 mana because of lack of ramp.

it also helps to have ramp that i can't cascade into, like temple of the false god and myriad landscape
>>
File: 1492650431781.png (109KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1492650431781.png
109KB, 550x550px
Hey guys, Talrand guy from earlier. I was thinking about doing someones suggested Mana Severance+Charbelcher route but I'm not sure what is mandatory and really good to add. Please keep in mind I'd like this as budget as possible. Let me know what I should add!

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/explosive-talrand/
>>
Would adding Maelstrom Nexus to a Scion deck be a bit too much for a scene that is trying to keep the decks reined in to a certain extent?
>>
>>53275784
>plays with MLD and multiple tutors
>surprised that people focus you
fag
>>
>>53276454
depends how reined in you mean them to be. nexus is a costly enchantment that needs to survive a turn before you can start cascading, and it is quite a lightning rod. realistically i think you'd be better off just putting a dragon or a draw spell if you want more gas.
>>
>>53276624
i don't actually have mld anymore, oops. i forgot i took jokulhaups out because people got sad.

however i did thoroughly enjoy the one time i wiped the board and smashed everyone with a dragon so i'm still a dirty mld player at heart
>>
>>53276685
"MLD except I have a creature left thanks to janky casting interactions" combos is about as boring as it gets
>>
>>53270579
DEN?
>>
>>53270971
Void Shatter
>>
>>53276807
Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot an artifact, before throwing it into the graveyard.
>>
>>53274136
Also Indomitable Creativity.
>>
File: YP0qZ.jpg (8KB, 193x254px) Image search: [Google]
YP0qZ.jpg
8KB, 193x254px
>>53275524
>Pull out my Maelstrom Wanderer deck for the first time in ages
>First cast resulted in a Food Chain and a Misthollow Griffen without any deck manipulation

This is a rare case where I actually wish I cheated, because that would be infinitely more believable
>>
>>53276807
Deadeye Navigator.
>>
>>53272419
>>53272480
Stop fucking posting.
>>
>>53276972
>replying to a several hours old post when people were talking about possible tribal commanders or how to fix werewolves
You're a little slow, aren't you?
>>
>>53277060
Was reading through the thread just now lad.
>>
>>53277169
It doesn't do much good to reply to a post that old anyway. I don't see what you find wrong with it.
>>
>>53277286
Some people want /cct/ to stay in /cct/ and get real upset seeing anyone talk about card ideas outside it.
>>
>>53277286
We're still probably two hours away from the bump limit, with 9 pages to go after that. I get you don't know how /tg/ works but replying to old posts is a thing here.
>>
>>53277349
It was as much that as not knowing how to word a fucking anthem effect.
>>
>>53277357
It was an old post that didn't really need your comment. No one was talking about it and you could've just as well left it alone considering that it ended with that. No need to be a condescending douche about it.
>>
File: 3.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
>>53275977
I used to play Zedruu until they removed the spiciest card in the entire deck.
>>
>>53271245
>WB clerics
tymna and ravos came last year, GET READY BOYS, BUY YOUR STARLIT SANCTUMS AND EDGEWALKERS NOW
>>
>>53277415
Then no one should post as reply chains are uncommon here, all people do is post their decklists and theme songs without getting any sort of reply. Basically the only acceptable topics should be shitposts because those receive a lot of replies right?
>>
>>53277491
Your post was a shitpost with absolutely no value to it. If it had offered some form of criticism or discussion then it would've been fine, but instead you decided to just complain about something that happened hours ago and no one else gave a fuck about. If you want more than shitposts, contribute with something that isn't a shitpost.
>>
>>53277538
Yeah shaming CCT cunts is shitposting.

Do you think this card would fix Red in EDH

Burn to Cinders Again 2R
Sorcery

Flash

Exile target creature that was dealt damage this turn.

Flashback 4RR

I'm going to stop replying now because you've wasted a bunch of posts right before the bump limit replying to a reply to a post made hours ago which is almost certainly your post that no one was talking about except you who made sure that people who didn't like your ESL custom card were called shitposters.
>>
>>53277286
>>53277415
I never understand this logic.
Posts are relevant as long as the thread is alive, especially on a board as slow as /tg/ where you easily get a full rotation of time zones going to bed and waking up before a thread dies.
>>
Who here gets really anxious when your basic lands are in weird numbers or weird ratios?
>>
>>53277675
Even when I mathematically map probabilities I still get games where I stay between 2-4 snow plains in a Mardu deck with even distribution for the first eight turns, and still win because Luminarch Ascension so I've mostly given up.
>>
>>53277657
I'm not denying that it was my post, I'd have just liked if your post was more than a "go fuck yourself". You didn't say anything to anyone else who was talking about how to fix werewolves, so you obviously have some issues if you decided to just pick out my post.

>>53277658
I wouldn't call it relevant if all he's doing is telling people to stop contributing in a relevant way to a discussion.
>>
>>53277657
>ESL
Just because someone words card text slightly wrong does not mean it is ESL. Why are you so anal about a silly anthem effect being written wrong?
>>
>>53277657
>Yeah shaming CCT cunts is shitposting
It actually is. Especially when you do it several hours after the fact when no one else cared. If you wanna shitpost at someone, do it when it's actually relevant instead of shitting things up after the fact.
>>
>>53277852
You can complain about the content of his posts all you want, but complaining about the age of the post he's replying to is just plain stupid.
>>
Every time I build 3 color, it devolves into super competitive. No matter how casual I want it to be.

2 is my main go to.

I'm trying out mono blue Merfolk right now though. Aside from basic tribal, what's some good stuff I could include? Caged Sun, Quicksilver Fountain, Bident? Any particular instants or sorceries?
>>
>Waiting on 2 packages to show up for my new deck

Every day I wake up so optimistic and I'm always dissapointed
>>
>>53278063
I'd rather have disappointment than the empty feeling of not having any packages on the way
>>
File: 1492384436744.jpg (20KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
1492384436744.jpg
20KB, 223x310px
>>53278024
I don't know about instant or sorceries, but I love this thing for every blue deck. Makes for a nice political piece.
>>
>>53276413
small bump
>>
>>53278063
The feeling of waiting for cards to come in the mail and sleeving them up is better than actually playing with them anyway.
>>
>>53276801
>hitting people with creatures is a combo
>>
>>53278340
Are you saying that Kiki-Jiki + Zealous Conscripts isn't a combo because it involves hitting people with creatures?
>>
>>53277918
>>53277879
>>53277852
That's just fucking embarrassing dude, play the game more and stop posting CCT crap in the EDH general. If you ever seriously think a card should be worded like 'When Dumb Wolf Guy enters the battefield, other human werewolf creatures gain" then you definitely shouldn't be making your own cards.
>>
>>53278429
>using combat
Just play Impact Tremors you goon
>>
>>53278429
>resolving a creature spell while no one has lands is the same thing as going infinite

wew
>>
>>53278600
>>53278600
>>53278600

Mercy killing this thread.
>>
File: 4_Brap, Izzet Artifact Man.jpg (152KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
4_Brap, Izzet Artifact Man.jpg
152KB, 375x523px
>>53278473
I want my big boros giant
Gary the mad goat napper {R}{W/B}
Legendary Creature - Giant Rogue
Whenever Gary enters the battlefield or attacks, gain control of target goat and untap it. It gains haste and "T: this creature deals 2 damage to target creature or player" and "Sacrifice this permanent: Draw a card"
3/4

Picture unrelated
>>
>>53278618
We aren't even near bump-limit and still are on page 1, you doofus
>>
>>53278672
Bump limit in 7 replies. And this thread is shit.
>>
>>53278672
It's goon, you dip
>>
>>53278719
Every thread is shit, when will you fags let EDH die?
>>
File: SPICEMUSTFLOW.jpg (167KB, 1200x881px) Image search: [Google]
SPICEMUSTFLOW.jpg
167KB, 1200x881px
I made a test version of Seton druid tribal themed somewhat as a Dune deck. Really, I was just testing Wurms as my mana dump kill condition, and I ended up finding it funny to have Sandwurm Convergence, Worldspine Wurm, Wurmcalling, Crush of Wurms and Desert Twister.

Also runs zero artifacts and Bane of Progress + Wave of Vitriol + Creeping Erosion.

Anyone want to suggest more viable Dune-themed cards? There's a lot I didn't include just because they're just shitty.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-05-17-fear-is-the-mind-killer/
>>
>>53278738
I'm not your dip, dingus
>>
>>53278780
Craw Wurm
>>
>>53278780
>no Fracturing Gust
c'mon son
>>
>>53277675
I've had several decks that were really heavily weighted in one color, like Grim-Grin having two Swamps for every Island.
>>
>>53277879
>Why are you so anal about a silly anthem effect being written wrong?

To be fair, he has every right to complain about poorly worded text. Templating is easy as hell and it's hard to take anyone seriously when they suggest something but can't, don't, or won't follow proper Magic rules text conventions.
>>
File: Flip the table.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Flip the table.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>53271242
>Playing against friends
>Having fun time
>Try to play my Commander
>Azorius player Counterspells it
>Spend rest of game making sure he doesn't win
>Once he's in a position that he cannot recover from, dump my hand to play pic related
>Only have a pissant 2/2 with Protection from Red left on my side of the field
>Sending it flailing at Blue player
>Sit back in my chair with a smile and pass my turn
>Two turns later Artifact player goes infinite and wins

I may have lost the game but I still feel it was a spiritual victory.
>>
>>53278473
>If you ever seriously think a card should be worded like 'When Dumb Wolf Guy enters the battefield, other human werewolf creatures gain" then you definitely shouldn't be making your own cards.
Did you not see the second post correcting it?
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.