[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suck it, haters. To all you who doubted. HAHAHAHAHAHA. ht

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 29

File: tumblr_msft2f8IAD1sflyozo1_500.gif (994KB, 440x340px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msft2f8IAD1sflyozo1_500.gif
994KB, 440x340px
Suck it, haters.

To all you who doubted.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/a-new-breed-of-hero-may15gw-homepage-post-1/
>>
>bu-but technological advancements don't happen in 40k

Kek.
>>
>Even more space marines
wew
>>
>>53247321
SPESS MEHREENS
>>
>we know any space Marines player worth his salt already has 500 marine models
>so here's some Sigmarines for you to buy!
>>
SPESS

MEENS
>>
>>53247462

>I did not read the FAQ

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/primaris-space-marines-faq-may15gw-homepage-post-2/
>>
>>53247321
>tumblr filename
>flashgitz gif
you lost this war before you started, fool
>>
>>53247321
Wow, who would expect more marines in 40k?
>>
... so it's literal Ultra Marines. Woo.
>>
READ >>53247496
>>
File: 61234`234.jpg (8KB, 130x130px) Image search: [Google]
61234`234.jpg
8KB, 130x130px
>>53247496
>FAQ
>Primaris Dreadnought

Wait. I thought dreadnought's are where all the gimp marines end up. Are there seriously some Primaris marines already in dreadnoughts? That does not inspire confidence in their abilities.

Unless the Imperium is intentionally throwing their brand new marines into dreadnoughts. I'd say that's ridiculous, but that is something I could see them doing.
>>
>>53247969
The entire galaxy is at war. Reality has a huge fucking hole with daemons spilling out of it

Theres bound to be casualties.
>>
>>53247496
Are people really worried about SMs getting squatted? I'm more worried about my existing models being made redundant if I want to stay decent.
>>
>>53248114
Some people are genuinely worried about this, yes

They are dumb people
>>
Does this mean cheaper marines fig. on ebay/gw shop ?
>>
>>53247321
So...these dudes have Mark 10 armor. Where's the Mark 9 stuff?
>>
>>53248245
Geykniggs
>>
>>53248377
Nope. No number on Ægis.
>>
>>53247321
>Smurfs XL

Neat, I guess?
>>
>>53247969
Where was it implied that the new marines are invincible?
>>
>>53247969

Maybe they are reinterring existing Dreadnaught "pilots" into new Dreadnaughts?
>>
>>53247321
Sooo...........

Nothing?
>>
File: 1489312716274.jpg (175KB, 1280x1264px) Image search: [Google]
1489312716274.jpg
175KB, 1280x1264px
Why do people hate this?
>>
>>53249902
SM are boring.
>>
>Guilliman confirmed to be a heretic
>>
>>53247321
Literally no-one asked for this.
>>
>>53249902
The perception that it invalidates their existing Space Marines and obligated them to start collecting Guillimarines in order to remain competitive/retain nerd cred - nobody wants to be the guy with the dumpy old midget marines when everyone else is running Primaris master race.

For what it's worth, I collect Age of Darkness Ultramarines so I'm not affected by what's going on in 40k at all. To me, this may as well be Centurions and grav spam all over again.
>>
>>53247554
>flashgitz
Pretty appropriate in this case.
>Gentlemen, I'd like to talk about adding more diversity to our product line. Sure, we have space marines. But what about... Space marine, space marines? H-hear me out...
>>
>>53250062
>The perception that it invalidates their existing Space Marines and obligated them to start collecting Guillimarines in order to remain competitive/retain nerd cred

Not even that. It's GW releasing ANOTHER range of plastic Space Marines when you've got armies like Eldar, Chaos, or Guard stuck with ancient, often Finecast, models that desperately need updated. It's hard to feel magnanimous towards a company that treats everyone other than their poster-boys with dismissive contempt.
>>
>>53247321
I for one love them.
But I hate the torsos. They look like shit. FAQ says torso is not interchangeable with standard range, but im shure that can be fixed. Now for dreads and landraiders. Outta my way, chaos fucking shits!!! Gulliman is making Imperium great again!!!
>>
>>53250163
>gets mad at a corporation for following the money
That's like getting mad at your dog for eating shit. Yeah, it's disgusting but it's a fucking dog what do you expect?
>>
>>53250248
What about new non human army?
>>
>>53250163
Your shitty armies sell less than most factions in Warhammer and it got shit-canned for low sales.
Space Marines are where the money lies.
If you make due with seconds, then Eldar and Tau are fine too.

Anything else is unprofitable garbage.
>>
File: 2u451c0.png (352KB, 649x523px) Image search: [Google]
2u451c0.png
352KB, 649x523px
>the main dudes, who were once 2000AD-style mutant-techno-knight-barbarians, who morphed over the decades into the stern Angels of Death, are now just cheerleaders for the latest ridiculous plastic sprues GW wants to sell

I don't play 40k any more but it just seems a little sad to treat 30 years of work like this. Things evolve I understand, especially when profit is on the line.
>>
File: rage jak.png (623KB, 1098x779px) Image search: [Google]
rage jak.png
623KB, 1098x779px
>>spesh muhreens get new fucking spesh muhreens.
>eldar won't even get plastic fucking aspect warriors.

FUCKING GW! WARP SPIDERS ARE OVER 20 FUCKING YEARS OLD SCULPTS! ASPECT WARRIORS ARE ALL RESIN MONOPOSE CRAP! FUCKING UPDATE THEM ALREADY YOU SHITS!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>53249902
Everyone already owns hundreds of SMs and now they are obsolete manlets.
>>
>>53250248
>Yeah, it's disgusting but it's a fucking dog what do you expect?

That's a very good question. Here's another;

Why should I bother playing a game where the factions I'm interested in are treated like unloved stepchildren?
>>
>>53249902
Even more power level bullshit as now there are SOOPER DOOPER SPACE MARINES WHO ARE EVEN BETTER THAN REGULAR SPACE MARINES AND GREY KNIGHTS! It's just Grey knights all over again but dumber. Watch as IG and imperial Gaurd and Skitarri fall to fate of the sisters as the Lore has to make room for more speshal marines.
>>
>>53250352
It's a self fulfilling prophecy.
The lack of support is why they don't sell.

Marines sell because they are always pushed. Always the earliest to get a codex update, got more army variants and get put into every starter set.
>>
File: Interdasting.png (589KB, 723x452px) Image search: [Google]
Interdasting.png
589KB, 723x452px
>So, what’s a Primaris Space Marine?

These are a brand-new breed of warrior, commissioned by the Primarch Guilliman and developed in secret on Mars for the past 10,000 years by Archmagos Belisarius Cawl. Find out all about them and check out an awesome video here.

>Are all my current Space Marine miniatures redundant now?

No way! Primaris Space Marines do not replace regular (if a superhuman killing machine can be described as ‘regular’) Space Marines. These guys have a few extra genetic enhancements, thanks to Belisarius Cawl, and serve as additional reinforcements in the Adeptus Astartes arsenal, not replacements.

>Will there be multiple types of Primaris Space Marines?

You bet. So far you’ve seen the Intercessors, the line infantry clad in Mk X armour, but there are plenty more on the way. And likely vehicles too…

>Wait, Mk X armour?

Yup, these guys have new armour: combining the best bits of classic Horus Heresy-era plate, with some fancy tech developed more recently.

>Can I field a whole army of Primaris Marines?

You totally can. From a background point of view, some Chapters, especially those decimated in the events of the Gathering Storm, now have entire companies of these new warriors. Others have incorporated squads of Primaris Space Marines into existing Battle Companies. And perhaps most excitingly, Guilliman has founded some entirely new Chapters out of these new Space Marines.

>I have an <insert favourite Chapter> army. Can I field Primaris Space Marines?

Any of the galaxy’s many hundreds of Codex Chapters can use Primaris Space Marines, along with many of the less Codex-compliant ones like Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Space Wolves.
>>
Eh. I guess I can use them for artificer armor mkivs in horus heresy.
>>
>Decide to get back into 40k
>Start finally realising homebrew Chapter for 8th

>Buy new Better Marines TM
>>
File: Depositphotos_3972688_s.jpg (925KB, 588x851px) Image search: [Google]
Depositphotos_3972688_s.jpg
925KB, 588x851px
>So, Primaris are just better in the game, right? What’s the point of using older Space Marines?

Marine to Marine, they certainly have some advantages over a Tactical Squad, but it comes at a cost. These guys will cost more points than standard Space Marines, so you’ll have fewer of them, and their weapon options will be different. For maximum tactical punch, you’ll want to bring all your Space Marines to the tabletop.

>What if I don’t want to use them?

Well, aside from missing out on some cool new models and tactical options for your army, then that’s totally cool. You certainly don’t have to include Primaris Space Marines in your Space Marines army. Though when you see the Primaris Redemptor Dreadnought, you’ll want to. Primaris Dreadnought? Did I write that…? Nah. Moving on.

>Are the kits compatible with existing Space Marine kits?

Good Question. There are certainly elements of the existing Space Marines kits that will be cross-compatible, while the new armour mark means that some parts won’t mix as easily. Shoulder pads and helmets are the same scale, and will still work, whereas the legs, torso and arms are different, and not quite as interchangeable. In terms of the Primaris sets themselves, you’ll have loads of fun kit-bashing them.
>>
File: NKeY2tr.jpg (251KB, 1333x1921px) Image search: [Google]
NKeY2tr.jpg
251KB, 1333x1921px
>Can I use these guys alongside my Astra Militarum army?

Yeah you can. These new Space Marines will be available to use alongside all Imperial armies to fill some battlefield roles your army might normally struggle with.

>Do the Primaris Space Marines play nice with the Adeptus Custodes?

They sure do. Many of the Emperor’s elite golden guard are accompanying Gulliman and the Primaris Space Marines on the Indomitus Crusade.

>But I play Chaos! Where are my super-super-human reinforcements?

First off, that’ll teach you for turning your back on the Emperor. Secondly, did you not see the Death Guard teaser video? The Chaos Gods have not been idle – we guarantee there are some warp-charged hulking warriors on their way for you guys in the not too distant future.
>>
>>53250488
>Watch as IG and imperial Gaurd and Skitarri fall to fate of the sisters as the Lore has to make room for more speshal marines.
Source?

Otherwise you're just being insecure as fuck about nothing
>>
>>53247321

OMG! You had the narrative oportunity to be inclusive and add female space marines and blew it.

The patriarchy is at it again...
>>
>>53250588
>>But I play Chaos! Where are my super-super-human reinforcements?

>But I play Eldar! Where are my super-super-elf reinforcements?

>But I play Orks! Where are my super-super-greenskin reinforcements?

>But I play Necrons! Where are my super-super-robot reinforcements?
>>
the new bolters have an ejection port that lines up with the barrel. nice, only took 30 years....
>>
>>53250663
>Choas
Literally possessed and blessed Marines

>Eldar
Literally that whole new faction

>Orks
Orks are already super powered they just have to keep fighting

>Necrons
Literally their entire faction
>>
>>53250663
>But I play tyranids! Where are my super-super-bug reinforcements?
>>
>>53250450
Nobody's forcing you to play 40k. If you don't like what GW is selling, don't buy it.
>>
>>53250711
>Orks are already super powered
>>
>>53250860
The more an Ork kills and wins the bigger he gets

Is that not a super power?

Or the part where they can lose a brain and keep on going

Or how they reproduce on death

Or how they can lose any limb and attach it later

Or the part where they can't really fall to chaos

Or the part where their weapons and vehicles just work™

Or...
>>
>>53250711
Chaos sprues look like little teddybears already, against these new marines they look like toddlers.

The other armies look equally silly and foolish but everyone already internalized that now like battered wives.
>>
>>53250919
Or part then they play on table, wait was it in 4ed?
>>
File: tumblr_nbe2ivt2JF1trinzio1_1280.jpg (150KB, 720x490px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbe2ivt2JF1trinzio1_1280.jpg
150KB, 720x490px
>>53247321
>People have been demanding true-scale Marines and rules to better reflect the lore for years
>Finally get them
>"WHAT THE FUCK GW!???"
>>
>>53250936
>The Chaos Gods have not been idle – we guarantee there are some warp-charged hulking warriors on their way for you guys in the not too distant future.

Chaos has never been this rampant since the Horus bitch fit
>>
>>53250919

Space Marines were already super powered as well you mongoloid.
>>
>>53251011
And? Now they got slightly better upgrades

When in reality they should have been had their shit pushed in if it wasn't for the fact that the Imperium is the """Good""" Guys
>>
>>53250919
>Or how they reproduce on death
Technically speaking, they're always releasing spores ('reproducing' if you like), it just a lot more are released when they die.

Also, itz called Orkoid biology ya silly git! Just 'cause humies can't do it doesn't mean it's a supa powah or nothin' like dat!

An' we can "fall to Chaos", although it's more 'deciding Khorne's a cool git and making the patron of our warrior code or something like that' (Freebootaz man. Weird bunch). Helps that Khorne's an occasional workout buddy with Gork n' Mork at the big Warp gym an' all...

Let's just be happy this Primaris Marines will finally shut up all the people going 'the FemMarines are coming! Oldfags get out!' talk
>>
>>53250963
just like the "plot progression" stuff

>implying its the same people

plenty of people have always hated the truescale meme
>>
>>53250919
Or how they are irrelevant to the overall setting?
>>
>>53250588
>Yeah you can. These new Space Marines will be available to use alongside all Imperial armies to fill some battlefield roles your army might normally struggle with.
Suddenly, my idea for a carthaginian chapter became more feasible...
>>
>>53249902
looks like they've just made the SM bulkier, the bolter longer and tweaked the rules
>>
>>53251118
I wish the new marines who are taller and stronger than regular marines were women...
>>
>>53251174
So that suddenly makes them less powered?
>>
>>53247321
not so sure about the genetic alteration
inb4 no Primaris; you are, the demons
the Mk X Tacticus armour looks good tho
>>
>>53247321
AGITATIS ULTRAMARINI
DOMINITIS ULTRAMARINI
>>
I'm actually excited about these, they're bigger so I can add more detail to my marines, they're pretty simple so I can convert them to chaos like no problem and you can field an entire army of them (Not that I play the game anymore) they'll look amazing in my display case in my living room.
>>
Can I use Primaris kit as my CSMs? Just glue on horns and skulls etc.
>>
File: 1434123133116.jpg (99KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1434123133116.jpg
99KB, 1000x1000px
>>53251208
>>
>>53251444
>no giant towering female Primaris with big boobs to bully my normal marines shotabois
>>
>>53251491
>5lewd7me
>>
File: scorpions.jpg (129KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
scorpions.jpg
129KB, 873x627px
>>53250368
they might be, but the miniatures aged quite well
and the monopose are dynamic and cool
>>
>>53251174
>Or how they are irrelevant to the overall setting?
Armageddon (which looks like it'll be the new Cadia now that Cadia's dead) would disagree, since Orks are still the primary threat to that world, not these puny Khorne daemons and their little Blood Crusade.

Besides, they're the largest xenos race by population in and outside of galaxy. The greenskins are VERY relevant to the setting, since they don't have the constraints of 'we're stuck attacking from the Warp like a bunch of lil' cowards (Chaos Space Marines) or 'We have a growing empire but we're barely a blip on the Imperium's radar' (Tau).

Seriously, in terms of relevance to the setting, it goes:
>Imperium
>Chaos (usually switch back and forth with Orks when they're doing something big)
>Orks
>Eldar (basically pointy-eared cheerleaders for the Imperium at this point thanks to Yvraine)
>Everyone else
>... 'nids
>>
>>53251437
they'll make fine possessed/chosen
>>
File: 1494852617237s.jpg (6KB, 250x143px) Image search: [Google]
1494852617237s.jpg
6KB, 250x143px
I hope Privateer Press will get Warmachine and Hordes fixed to a playable level soon...
More Space Marines... That's it for me... GW can stick em up their ass
>>
>>53251658
>not these puny Khorne daemons and their little Blood Crusade.

Did you forget that in Armageddon's pole there is a great build up in warp energy that's going break the walls of reality and cause a massive daemon incursion? Daemons are coming back to Armageddon.
>>
>>53251658
>nids
retire that you heathen
>>
>>53248114
I think our models will be made redundant, but naturally, the way Rogue Trader marines started looking silly by late 2nd edition.

First they'll release Ultraultramarines to cover every part of the current model range - this'll take years, possibly 5+ years. Then they'll merge their rules in the next edition. At that point, you can run either big or small marines under the same rules, but your small marines will look a little funny. It's worth noting that the new Sisters of Silence models are about as tall as space marines... either humans need to shrink or marines need to grow. They've chosen the latter.
>>
>>53251785
>but naturally, the way Rogue Trader marines started looking silly by late 2nd edition
I'm not sure about that. They made the mistake of having the new marines directly tied to the narrative, separate from the existing marines.

So if they ever want to just move on and stop supporting the older ones, they'll have to justify it with something in-universe, where with the previous edition changes they were free to make new models as they pleased.
>>
>>53251742
They're gonna a green booting the moment they arrive.
>Ullanor iz fer da Orkz!
>>
>>53251755
They kinda are though. Recently they only exist to make the Tau look cool.
>>
>>53251742
>Daemons are coming back to Armageddon.
I'm aware. What I'm saying is those Daemons are going to find they're charging right into Ork-held territory. (Last I checked, Orks control both poles of the planet at this point and time).

The greenskins really, REALLY like Armageddon, and if you think they're gonna lose it to a bunch of daemons, you've got another thing coming. Or have you forgotten that Armageddon is actually Ullanor, aka da most legenday Ork world in Imperial records

>>53251755
Sorry, but the 'nids are the chewtoy of pretty much everyone else in the setting at this point. Now that the Orks are playing bug exterminator on the biggest tendril of the biggest hive fleet yet, your only relevance to the setting is you somehow got a Genestealer Cult going on Terra. Kinda depressing really.
>>
>>53252036

>Kinda depressing really.

They are going to end like arbites, they were at first created in the starship troopers craze in the 90s almost as a copy, and end up in the shitter once the trends goes down again.
>>
>>53251896
'the older model marines are all vet-tier now, which matches up with fresh primaris'
>>
>Redemptor Dreadnought
>Redemptor
How do they come up with these names?
>>
So are these guys stronger then Grey Knights and Deathwatch marines, but weaker than Custodes?
>>
>>53251981
>>53252036
i hope the 8th edition will make them great again
>>
>>53253776
Open a book of psalms and pick a lyric at random.
>>
>Guardsman still use the same troop kit as they did in 2002
>We get more Space Marines
Well, at least they are advancing the narrative.
>>
>>53247383
They don't, its a project 10k years in the making.
>>
6 points for 5? How much do normal marines cost?
>>
>>53251707
You'll be back, faggot. If you were ever truly going to leave, then you would've been gone at the dawn of any of the previous editions we've had.
>>
File: Warhammer 8th.jpg (540KB, 779x660px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer 8th.jpg
540KB, 779x660px
>>53253928

Anyone who believed GW were capable of advancing the narrative in a way that wasn't fucking retarded were retarded themselves.
>>
>>53254907
The only thing I don't like the final cadia fight and eldar death god thing
>>
>even more space marines

Great, because it is not like there is not already a dozen different variations of them in the game.
>>
>>53249729
Upgrades are aight
>>
>>53249902
Keeping two kinds of "generic" marines around in-universe is mega dumb.
>>
This feels like what they REALLY wanted to do for 8th was just have Marines be what they are in the lore, and with new models to match, but then someone said 'but how do we make sure people buy the new models instead of using their old ones?'.
And thus, instead of just discontinuing the old marines, they added a sidething for NEW! Double Marines! Twice the marine!
>>
>>53256380
>Upgrades are dumb

T. Amish
>>
>>53247321
Old ass GIF is old.
>>
>>53256707
>Lord Inquisitor still isn't out
>>
Was originally concerned about this but I think the models look like ass. Too clean, Tau-like asthetic compared to the original space-Gothic. Happy with my old converted Iron Hands. They don't care about genetic modifications anyway.
>>
>>53256645
upgrades are fine
RTB-01s to the 2e marines, 2e marines to the 3e plastics, the eventual replacement of the 3e plastics in 6e, that was all great.

But trying to keep both the old line and the new line "current and supported" is stupid. Tear the bandage off all at once, don't pussyfoot about it.
>>
>>53250963
Because we didn't want them to exist at the same time as the older, shorter, less-powerful Marines. Not that hard to understand.
>>
>>53250488
basically this

i hate when this happens

>lets take the best guys from the prev installment and just square them in power level xD

>also theres more of the new super-super guys

repeat this a few times over
>>
>>53250956
5th, I'll have you know. My gitz did some ded fine shootin' back then.
>>
>>53251177
So the bigmarines are the Sacred Band/Bronze Shields or whatever, and the manlet marines are the mercenary forces? I kinda like it.
>>
>>53250062
>Nobody wants to be the guy with the dumpy midget Marines.
Say that to my Rogue Trader beakies not online and see what happens
>>
>>53251558
Spiders have 1 pose for troops and one for the sergeant.
And it's pose is about as dynamic as a brick.
>>
>>53252096
You mean Kasrkin/stormtroopers? Unless there was some badass Arbites Judge Dredd army I missed out on.
>>
>>53250083
appropriate or not its still fucking gay lol
>>
>>53250450

That is a good question. Why don't you answer it, you fucking retard. Why the fuck ARE you playing?
>>
>>53249729
yeah that makes more sense actually
>>
File: tmp_923-14554606159342020573767.jpg (46KB, 438x412px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_923-14554606159342020573767.jpg
46KB, 438x412px
>marinelets are now bench warmer tier with guardsmen and sisters
>>
>>53256551
40k was supposed to be AoS'd but because everyone hated AoS they had to backpedal a bit so they only mostly AoS'd 40k.
>>
>>53254907
Which comic is that from?
>>
>>53259880
Damnation Crusade
>>
>>53250525
>No way! Primaris Space Marines do not replace regular Space Marines
>Can I field a whole army of Primaris Marines? You totally can.
....wat?
>>
>>53260344
>Field whole army of slightly more elite infantry
>This sucks

GW:
>JUST BUY THE MODELS
>>
File: rhino_sqd.jpg (76KB, 543x351px) Image search: [Google]
rhino_sqd.jpg
76KB, 543x351px
Presuming the high likelihood that these Primaris Marine models are eventually going to entirely replace 3rd Ed. Marine models, how can they be "true scale" if it makes even less sense as to how ten Marines can fit in a Rhino?
>>
>>53260475
Who says they're true scale? They are just better proportioned sculpts.
>>
>>53260475
"true scale" has never made any sense
>>
>>53260475
True scale is a shit meme and the retards that waste countless hours making their big boy marine fantasies a reality don't even "fix" basic shit from the heroic scale models like bolt pistols in holsters being tiny compared to the ones being held in hands.
>>
>>53260501
>>53260524
>>53260621
This. Scale is more of a rough estimate, just designed to create the illusion of cohesiveness.

Nothing is true scale if you actually look closely at it, it's just meant to look good on the tabletop from a given angle. To be easily recognized, feel like it belongs in the game, and present something good to paint up and put on the table.

Hence why many people are so mad that NOW GW chooses to indulge in this pseudo-truescale stuff - because the Primaris Marines make all other infantry around them look stupid by comparison. They stick out like sore thumbs, even compared to modern sculpts that have high definition but still fit the overall ""scale""
>>
>>53261231
The scale thing was always less an issue with marines and more an issue with the fact that the plastic cadians/catachans are really fucked up and shitty.

Vehicles are smaller than they "should" be for gameplay purposes. Which brings up another problem with 8e and bigmarines: scale creep. Every edition points go down and armies get bigger and with models also getting bigger it clogs the table up with shit too big and too numerous for the scale of the game.
>>
>>53247321
>The Primaris Space Marine is a new breed of hero for this, the darkest age in the Imperium’s history. These new warriors are the next step in the evolution of the Emperor’s Angels of Death – genetically altered from their brethren to be bigger, stronger and gayer – timely reinforcements to the Imperium’s armies as their enemies close in for the kill.

We have become sigmar
>>
>>53261431
To be fair, a lot of modern models also just look bigger without actually being bigger, because the advanced sculpts look less chunky.

Either way, the problem with Primaris isn't "truescale" - it's a problem of just fucking looking weird on the tabletop.
>>
>>53260475

Coming soon, Primaris Rhinos
>>
I can see some of the cuckold 3 founding and later chapters sucking Robot's dick with his brand new better than the Emperor's Astartes.

But why would any of the First or Second founding chapters go along with this. Most of them really hold on to the idea of being from the blood of their Father Primarch.

I can't see a lot of them be A-Okay with letting a bunch of Girllyman marines cuck them on the field and told that these guy are totally more badass then you...take them in, NOW.
>>
>>53262644
Space Wolves and Blood Angels are almost extinct, they would accept them.
>>
>>53262644
At first I was going to say Dark Angels would just shoot them if Roboute sent any as reinforcements, but I think they'd like newborn marines that could easily be taught never to ask or answer questions. Unless an interrogator-chaplain was asking the question.
>>
>>53262644
What went wrong in your life that you decided you needed to use the term "cuck" so much
>>
>>53250525
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/a-new-breed-of-hero-may15gw-homepage-post-1/
What happened to Mk. IX?
>>
File: tettakonteros.gif (116KB, 742x504px) Image search: [Google]
tettakonteros.gif
116KB, 742x504px
>>53258530
No, it's the thing about commanding other forces. Space marines couldn't have a normal standing army of auxiliaries like the legions did.

>Punic Marines
>Chapter Master Hannoba'al Melqart, which maintains the rogue trader charter of his family.
>Base is the space station Kart-Hadast, inside a planetoid untamed by the pull of any star.
>They do a lot of Space Hulk exploration and xeno or renegade raiding to acquire wealth and ship hulls in a way the Imperium allows.
>1st company is called the Sacred Band, a full terminator boarder team welding the power falcatas relics and soliferrum-pattern breacher missile pods of the chapter.
>Their space monastery can service ironclad battle barges, made from salvaged vessels and refitted with extensive engines. Ramming and boarding is the way to go. Their smaller ships either have similar modifications or complement this tactic, like the Numidian-class torpedo frigate.
>Inside these floating armored slabs, there are many feral spacers and tribes whose known reality are the hydroponic bowels of the ships. They worship the Emperor of Gods called Baʿal Qarnaim and his god-children: God-Emperor and Primarchs
>What appear to be oversized studs in the ironclad ships are "Caetra Pods" crewed by feral warriors based on iberian and lybian tribes. When it hits the target and the mag-clamps activate, they exit and attack weak points in the hull with melta-charges and las-cutters. They work more as a distraction and skirmish force, no one expects them to take any ship by themselves.
>Some time later, the marines and boardsmen serfs themselves go.
>Distinguished caetra pod survivors are promoted to "nobles", leaders and rulers of the ferals, whose duty includes the sacrifice of children to the "Ba'al grandsons": space marine recruit induction.
>>
File: pic1518402.jpg (3MB, 3000x2040px) Image search: [Google]
pic1518402.jpg
3MB, 3000x2040px
>>53258620

This was literally megacity on steroids.
>>
>>53250711
>>53250860
>>53250919
Ya know, this just might be what GW is planning for Orks in the long term, hear mere out.

Orks get bigger and toughter the more fighting is going on, and the amount of fighting going on in the galaxy just increased a LOT. It's perfectly feasible that they could have a 'natural' reaction to all the craziness going on, and basically go through a growth spurt of sorts, growing at an accelerated rate.
>>
>(Use epic movie trailer voice)
I didn't know the guys in charge were redditors
>>
File: veteran.jpg (207KB, 1920x985px) Image search: [Google]
veteran.jpg
207KB, 1920x985px
Ihope new will have updated MK7 helmets as well, they are too iconic to throw them out.
>>
>>53265024
Just pull the heads off your obsolete marinelets. They already said the heads and shoulderpads are the same size.
>>
File: Tempestus-Scions.jpg (161KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Tempestus-Scions.jpg
161KB, 873x627px
I look forward to adding the Primaris Marines to my Inquisitorial Stormtrooper army.
>>
>>53257469
So what you really wanted was for all the old marine models to be made noncanon and discontinued so people actually had to replace their entire marine armies. Yeah that wouldn't make anyone mad
>>
File: DeathCompanyArt.jpg (27KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
DeathCompanyArt.jpg
27KB, 500x375px
Cant wait to see what happens when they put some Blood Angels gene seed in them and they go full black rage...
>>
>>53250044
The current SM design is clunky and shitty, not as bad as 80s/early 90s but still. There is hardly any detail at all, it's just basic shapes. This is obviously an attempt to update the space marine visual design, not a lore/roster necessity. It makes perfect sense, they actually look half decent now.
>>
>>53249902
'My dudes' are now pathetic mantels. That said, this may be a good chance to retire from caring about DA because it hurts me, and make actual 'my dudes'. I had a chapter idea from a long time ago.

Still, this makes me mad because in Fantasy I collected TK.
>>
any idea how they are set power wise ?

Primarchs
Thunder Warriors
Custodes
Grey Knighs
>>
>>53250248
>DUDE CAPITALISM LMAO
I liked it better when gaming (tabletop or video) companies balanced care for the game with making money.
>>
File: Grey Knight Terminator.jpg (92KB, 879x845px) Image search: [Google]
Grey Knight Terminator.jpg
92KB, 879x845px
>>53265358
I believe they are weaker than all 4 that you listed because every Grey Knight is a psyker.
>>
Are these going to be a middle ground between bog standard marines and terminators?
>>
>>53265358
Thunder warrior were not above custodes you retard. The custodes killed off most of the Thunder warriors. And grey Knights are psykers so they're above the TW too.
>>
>>53265418
They will have own vehicles and dreadnoughts.
>>
Yep according to GW from their Warhammer community website. On the tabletop they're better than tactical marines but still not as durable as Terminators. Tactical Marine squads also have more flexibility since you can give them special weapons or heavy weapons. Primaris Marines follow older 30k tactics and have dedicated squads for 1 special weapon or heavy weapon.
>>
>>53265358
Primarchs
Custodes//Grey Knights
Primaris//Thunder Warriors
Astartes
>>
>>53265431

TW were made highly resistant to psykers due to the shit they faced in the age of strife

They were assassinated witch is a Custodes speciality , and they were not killed in a battle sense , if i remember right they were caught by surprise and killed
>>
>>53265437
>but still not as durable as Terminators
until they make primaris terminators, at least

GW's got to make sure regular terminators never get used.
>>
>>53265451

thanks for the info
>>
>make big guys who are bigger guys than the former big guys
>realize that they can't fit inside most cramped transport vehicles now
>the entire army later ends up with 2 sizes of the same vehicles
The venerable Big Land Raider.
>>
>>53265437
>Tactical Marine squads also have more flexibility since you can give them special weapons or heavy weapons
In a 10-man squad, big whoop. What's keeping me from just fielding two 5-man Primaris marine squads?
>>
>>53265508
Obviously they will retrofit and improve Spartans
>>
>>53265437

this is just first the begging with time they well get those toys but improved
>>
>>53265389
>not playing Imperium or Chaos
What did you expect when you chose an NPC faction?
>>
So whats stopping me from fielding regular marine models and using primaris marine rules for them?
>>
File: the grimdarkian.jpg (458KB, 1430x1226px) Image search: [Google]
the grimdarkian.jpg
458KB, 1430x1226px
>>53249902
>Why do people hate this?
Because they literally went
"YO NIGGA SO I HER YA LAIK SPESS MEHREENS, SO NAO WE PUT SPESS MEHREENS INTO YO SPESS MEHREENS SO YO COULD SPESS MEHREEN WHILE YO SPESS MEHREEN!"

You get it? Making a new Ultramarine and saying oh it is TOTALLY different because it is newer and Ultramariner with a better statline does not make it interesting.
>>
So what exactly is the difference between these new guys and the old ones in fluff? Are they stronger? Are they easier to produce? Do they lack some flaws the old ones had? Can they be girls?

I haven't been following 40k in years now. I heard Guilliman is back. Are space marines still limited to thousand men strong chapters?
>>
>>53247403
It's like you think the setting is about something else.
>>
>>53247969
At the end of all things mate i'd be shoving my manufactured solidiers into giant suits for life as well. Totally worth it from Guillimans perspective.

I hope they did that so he isnt just the good golden boy.
>>
>>53265650
No one knows wait for 8ed to come out.
>>
>>53265650
The Primaris Space Marine is a new breed of hero for this, the darkest age in the Imperium’s history. These new warriors are the next step in the evolution of the Emperor’s Angels of Death – genetically altered from their brethren to be bigger, stronger and faster – timely reinforcements to the Imperium’s armies as their enemies close in for the kill.
To aid them in battle, these new gene-forged warriors are equipped with new arms and armour forged on holy Mars itself.
>>
>>53250608
He has no source. He's just annoyed because the poster faction of the entire company is getting updated. As if they didnt need it from a visual perspective.
>>
>>53265650
>>So what exactly is the difference between these new guys and the old ones in fluff? Are they stronger? Are they easier to produce? Do they lack some flaws the old ones had? Can they be girls?
So far we only know is that they are more HUEG and have gear that is apparently better than the basic but they are the same shit, just bigger, because it is 40k you just have to make things slightly bigger to make it slightly better.
>>
>>53250083
Those were centurions though
>>
>>53252096
werent Arbites based on Dredd?
>>
Because what 40k needed is buffed up ultrasmurfs
>>
>>53265735
You do realise the Primaris marines are not limited in geneseed to the Ultramarines, right?
>>
>>53265735
Except they are made from all the primarches geneseeds, not just girlyman's, so they're not just ultrasmurfs. So they're buffed up everymarine. So a space wolf YUGE marine would have Leman's juice in em, not big G's
>>
>>53265730
Pretty sure, except 2000 AD is much better satire.
>>
>>53265650
>Are they stronger?
They are stronger, it's been confirmed.
>Are they easier to produce?
We don't know.
>Do they lack some flaws the old ones had?
Yes, the flaw of being manlets. They're also tacticool and use rail mounted guns.
>Can they be girls?
No, but you'll get female Marines in 5 years.
>>
How is this any different from Fabulous Bile "upgrading" EC geneseed?
>>
>>53265767
Because he did that for fetish reasons. These guys are made for fightan
>>
I LIEK SPEES MHERINS!!!
https://youtu.be/jq5Py6YjG10
>>
>>53247321
>Space Marines but even more SPESHUL

Fuck that, at least Sigmarines could be interesting in that they were normal warriors before they got empowered. These guys sound like they have no personality beyond SPESS MEHREENS BUT BETTER
>>
>>53258076
>Each installement is 35+ years old

> I CANT ADAPT WTFFF
>>
>>53265909
I find it interesting that they're pretty much exactly sigmarines in 40k, stats wise.

Not sure what the point of making a full army of space sigmarines alongside the space marines is, though. Do they really just want that extra dosh from getting all the marine players to buy new armies?
>>
>>53265909
>implying Space Marines had any personality to begin with
>>
>>53265959
They didn't, and somehow Primaris Marines have less anyway.
>>
>>53249992
We need to make a subterranean warfare chapter and call them Boring Warriors.
>>
>>53266003
>why don't these guys have personalities before their book is even released
Admit it, you're just grasping at reasons to be mad.
>>
There was a story that Armageddon was involved in some big oast conflict and was transported by the AM to where it is today and renamed so not to attract suspicion
Help a brother out
>>
>>53266072
You're thinking the Beast Arises series were Deff Starz were giving the Imperium trouble.
>>
>>53266072
the beast series

it's kind of real shit
>>
>>53266072
The big thing is that it used to be called Ullanor, and that during the War of the Beast it was the centre of a proper Ork civilisation.
>>
>>53250662
Did you miss the part that it is a improved design?
>>
File: 1407333769512.jpg (25KB, 216x282px) Image search: [Google]
1407333769512.jpg
25KB, 216x282px
Primaris terminators?
>>
>>53250248
False.
GW is creating a demand by creating new stuff and rules for space marines.

THE ONE TIME they rebooted Tau in sixth they could not even keep the stock in supply because they thought like you did.

There are huge swadths of armies that just need a decent reboot and they would sell like mad.

To make a point:
>Orks are not that popular
>Eldar do not sell
>Sisters are not in demand
>Imperial Guard are not wanted.

The guard get some love but honestly it is half baked. Taurox? Rubish model. No new special characters in forever. Rules are just meh for tanks in last three editions.
>>
>>53266066
And you're kidding yourself if you think GW is going to fluff these guys as anythinh but "Space Marines but even more superduper".
>>
>ArchWarhammer's REEEEing about them

Hilarious.
>>
>>53265524
Surely you meant retrofitted CRASSUS ASSAULT TRANSPORT?
>>
>>53265461
you remember wrong friendo.
>>
>>53265913
>the only way to keep a setting interesting is to keep raising the Powerlevel roof with no regards for sensibility or how it makes previous iterations look in comparison
>I like when the wargame setting about giant armies of your dudes has Capeshit/shonen tier plots
>>
File: get_im.jpg (356KB, 1187x1641px) Image search: [Google]
get_im.jpg
356KB, 1187x1641px
The whole GW space marine obsession thing is just an unfortunate cycle, and I actually like space marines.

No other faction has the same appeal to me. I like power armor, super soldiers, and custom themes/color schemes/conversions etc. No other faction has that exact combo that I like as the space marines do.

But because GW never gives any other faction any love, it becomes a vacuum. Every new release makes those space marines I already have inferior either by being outclassed or being useless. The rest of the fanbase turns against marine fans because of their lack of support, and space marine players have less variety to fight against save for - wait for it - more space marines.

And because GW doesn't have any business sense. No other faction SELLS because no other faction is supported as heavily by GW, and so GW continues to not support them because nobody's buying them, and so on and so on.

I want less space marines not because I don't like them, but because I want to like them MORE. To not be fucking saturated by them and then blamed for everyone else's suffering just because I like what I like. I stopped buying just to try and end the cycle, but too many people just impulsively purchase every new thing that comes out, regardless.
>>
Everyone wanted truescale marines since forever.

Three ways it happens:

1. Useless unplayable display only models with no rules, on a base too big to use for "counts-as"

This would also mean a limited run of the models, they'd be rare and expensive, ect. Why bother even doing it this way

2. Reboot, invalidate all old models, a la Terminators, incur even worse autistic moaning than we have now from every babby SM player ever

Knock-on problem being Orks are now way too small, Chaos also need a complete rework, other faction scales are confusing, and jesus christ Rhinos didn't make sense before...

3. They come up with an in-universe explanation for who these True Scale marines are. Everyone who just wanted true scale marines can now swap heads and pads and make these guys shelf display models just like probably 70% of 40k buyers do with all their shit. Don't even have to think about them being weird not-marines.

Its a reasonable way of giving us what we wanted. I'm pretty happy with it. Just gonna pretend they're regular marines and get on with it. I certainly try not to think about Centurions if I can...
>>
>>53272220
hows that ability to know what everyone thinks working out for you?

I sure didnt want truescale marines, the whole 'truescale' meme is fuckin stupid
>>
>>53272220
Only literal autists who could not handle the idea that Rhino's are slightly to smaller to fit 10 guys inside, and other such bullshit care about 'Truescale' anything
>>
>>53265720
That video predates Centurions by nearly half a year. It was a truly prophetic line. Or it would be if GW wasn't embarrassingly predictable.
>>
>>53271930
The amusing thing is how people actually believe it, when even at the series start, when SM were just upgunned police in space and didn't even have their own codex, they STILL OUTSOLD ALL THE OTHER FACTIONS.
Do you know why CSM became a thing, despite being a part of daemons originally?
BECAUSE CHAOS PLAYERS BOUGHT CSM, NOT DAEMONS.
It's ipso facto, real life retconning in practice.
>>
>>53250525
>These are a brand-new breed of warrior, commissioned by the Primarch Guilliman and developed in secret on Mars for the past 10,000 years by Archmagos Belisarius Cawl. Find out all about them and check out an awesome video here.
You know, this sound suspiciously as heresy. And being a chaos worshipper, i'm pretty expert in heresy.
>>
I'm so damn glad i left the whole 40K debacle back when the SoB WDex hit. I pop in to these threads from time to time just to check if GW has fixed the bullshit, but every time i pop in i just see more broken powercreep and OLDFAGS GET OUT OR BUY OUR MUHREEEEEEEENS autismal screeching.
>>
>>53276072
New edition should just be called Age of Ad Hominems
>>
>>53248114
It's a natural cycle really.

What annoys me is I spent years scrimping together trades and freebies for a fully good-to-go Space Marine army and it now looks fucking retarded.

I'm glad my first real serious army was Imperial Guard. At least Scions turned out to be alternative spures than actual replacements.
>>
>>53251707
>I hope Privateer Press will get Warmachine and Hordes fixed to a playable level soon...

On Jupiter my sides just landed.
>>
>>53249992
>for you
>>53250044
aside from deathwatch, every other current marine model are crap, in a shitting on the field pose, and smaller thanguardsmen in some instances. Literally every marine player asked for this.
>>
>>53272220
4) Slowly continue scaling them up by increments each release and maybe shrink the oversized Cadians some.
>>
>>53266172
underrated post
>>
>>53265646
Haha, that picture is like, so witty

Upvote friend ;)
>>
File: 1494861144210.jpg (37KB, 530x372px) Image search: [Google]
1494861144210.jpg
37KB, 530x372px
SO FUCKING GLAD I STILL HAVE MY 100 SECOND-HAND MARINES UNPAINTED BECAUSE I STILL HAVEN'T COME UP WITH MY OWN COLOR SCHEME
>>
Just wait. GW's endgame is to sell collectable action figures. They'll gradually make the models bigger until they're Ken doll size.
>>
>GW starts cucking SMplayers, turning all SM into manlet sidekicks of nuMarines
>SMplayers loves it
TOP FUCKING KEK
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Shit I am happy that I've dropped 40k in 6th edition and I am happy to see Primaris Marines
>>
>>53277388
>Literally every marine player asked for this.
None asked opinion of Ultrakids
>>
>>53277586
PAINT THEM SALAMANDER YOU ZOGGER
>>
>>53284143
I dunno. I figured that they needed to go in this direction because the proportions on the current Space Marines looks pretty bad by modern standards.
>>
>>53273175
He's still right though. SM outselling other factions is not a problem (in any multi-choice situation that depends on personal preferences, you will have one majority choice). That still doesn't mean that you should concentrate only on SM and neglect the rest. That's like Wizards deciding to stop supporting all colors that aren't the one used most.
>>
>>53247321
I really, really hate the new GW aesthetic.
>>
>>53260344
Presumably they'll be more expensive to field than regular marines, so regular marines are viable still.
>>
>>53271930
>>53273175
>>53285912
Presumably, they should make models for factions in order of priority correlated with their sales. So does anyone have the exact proportion of space marine sales related to other units in other factions?
>>
>>53286061
What's new about it? It's a design based on older designs.
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.