[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pfg/ Pathfinder General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 35

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Titanic Duels edition: When was the last time you had a one on one grudge ladder match with 10 million and the world heavyweight belt on the line?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>53236474
>>
File: 61662439_p0.jpg (217KB, 750x875px) Image search: [Google]
61662439_p0.jpg
217KB, 750x875px
Anyone have any games going on on Roll20? Really want to play in an AP...
>>
>>53242043
That's never happened to me.
>>
>>53242082

i know of
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/76813/the-skull-of-the-stupidly-enormous-trouser-serpent-god

But i haven't kept up with any others.
>>
>>53242082
There is an Ironfang Invasion game recruiting.
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-aventure-path
>>
>>53242095
I want to carry a litter of Rory's puppies!
>>
Basically gained telekinesis as a permanent spell-like usable a handful of times a day. Bard level 8ish.
Is there anything I can do to help amp this, if I wanted to focus on it as my main attack?
>>
>>53242082
I'm getting ready to start up a campaign on Roll20 on the agreement someone run a game for me afterwards. I'll keep you posted.
>>
>>53242116
Why

Think before you speak

JEsus
>>
>>53242116
Ugh
>>
I want a wizard who casts spells out of his butt and they're all smelly eeeeewwwwww hahahahahaha
>>
>>53242197
I'm a slut for fame, even if it's really infamy!

Plus the idea of raising them to despise and destroy their father is super appealing.
>>
>>53242206

So a dc 15 to sicken after the spell effect?

Could work.
>>
So hopefully now the weirdos from the past thread won't see this, so I wanted to ask, I've just finished my draft application for Mighty Quest, can you tell me how it sounds?

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4979606/character-app

Mine's Kozuni. Art not final at all.
>>
>>53242116
Shut up, Rory.
>>
>>53242225
It's a super loud fart noise and some poop comes out too lmao
>>
File: 1493582920645.jpg (122KB, 1200x625px) Image search: [Google]
1493582920645.jpg
122KB, 1200x625px
Alright /pfg/, convince me on the Inquisitor. My party is trying to get me to play one but nothing they've said has 'wowed' me.

What are they like? How are the Inquisitions/Domains? How are the archetypes? How do they handle as far as skills? What makes them interesting? What kind of builds do they excel with?
>>
Rolled 2 + 1 (1d4 + 1)

Rolling for Merlynn
>>
>>53242236
>weirdos from past thread
>I built a weeb furry based around a pseudopenis
>>
How long after the Starfinder release can we expect the mech supplement? I don't give a shit about space opera, but I want mechs so bad.
>>
>>53242262
Found the weirdo. Still spamming?
>>
>>53242236
Seems pretty fucking gay to me faggot.
>>
>>53242211
Y tho

Rory might just hold your hand and engage in heterosexual sex in the missionary position for the purpose of procreation with you. While HOLDING YOUR HAND
>>
>>53242278
Here's the other weirdo.
>>
>>53242249

Can fit a lot of roles, decent spell list, bane to anything you want as a spelllike ability.

Some of the inquisitions are cool. Kinda like Possession inquisition.

Living Grimoire makes you Int based and is, in general, a riot.
>>
>>53242277
>>53242291
This is some of the best bait I've seen on /pfg/ in months, good work.
>>
File: don't lick that.jpg (215KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
don't lick that.jpg
215KB, 500x671px
Because I hate myself, time to take up that mantle. Shit's gonna be slow.

Roll: >>53224785
Akane Ktsueki, CN Female Skinwalker (bloodmarked)
Armorist (Lingchi Warrior)/Harbinger (Crimson Countess)
>Be daughter of Tian-Min crime family in the shackles, ex-pirates and a long line of Bloodmarked Skinwalkers
>All set to be a perfect little porcelain princess, but then tragedy strikes when she transforms!
>Instead of becoming monstrous, she instead just becomes really bloodthirsty and savage
>Whoops, looks like you accidentally killed someone and get to be exiled by way of being forced on a boat to Not!Africa!
>oh, a shadowy organization also offers to let her join because hey, she’s pretty much a bloodsucker anyway
>Nifty, now just gotta forge this letter for some reason and we’re off

Let me preface this by saying that by art alone, I could already tell this character wouldn’t be my cup of tea and the pre-app-process jokes soured me on Tian characters in general. While the kitchen sink nature of Golarian pushes me to accept that different ethnicities are likely to be everywhere, Akane doesn’t really click into the whole Expedition to Not!Africa concept. When I swallow my bias, what’s left to work with? A princess part of a special bloodline of a criminal organization with a special fighting style, who then manages to be even MORE special by having her bestial form be different. Something which manifests by having her have a strong taste for blood and general mayhem.

Coming off the shaky foundation, the last paragraph then attempts to tie everything off. I can’t call it a success, but the justification of being exiled via expedition to Sargava is at least a logical conclusion, even if the rest of it reads like a batshit crazy tsuntsun villain girl in an anime. I’d love to try to comment on the Scales of Mourning part, but I couldn’t make myself get to the actual information on the organization beyond what was in the app.

(1/2)
>>
>>53242307
kek

Did you know the people on the 5E general don't spam every thread with sexual content? My, what they say about the Pathfinder fanbase may be true after all, all because of two-three thirsty nerds.
>>
Is Piercing Thunder complete trash, or can it become useful?
>>
>>53242352
This threads full of furries and weebs
>>
>>53242352
Now you're being a bit too obvious, anon. Scale back.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d25)

>>53242313
The Good
>The Exile is a good reason to Get On the Boat, +1 for actually having your reason at least hinted in the backstory itself
>Knows exactly what she wants from her trip to Sargava
>"Redemption" bait, if you’re a bad enough dude[ette] for it

The Bad
>backstory elements stack up like an anime character
>Try as it might, Akane still feels jarringly out of place when put next to most other applicants
>damn bitch you crazy, don’t lick that

Backstory 3/10 - Reading through it still leaves me scratching my head
Compatibility 5/10 - A bit of low-casting from armorist, then presumably skills from the Harbinger Intelligence. Initiating means she fight good, but she doesn’t bring anything outstanding to the table otherwise.
Wanderlust 6/10 - I’ll begrudgingly admit, exile and an outlet for all those nasty urges isn’t that bad of an excuse to want to hit up adventure. Good? Eh,
Overall Pulpiness 1/10 - Bloodthirsty Nipponese Ex-Pirate Princess with UBW combat. The new Indiana Jones movie is really reaching.

Of all the apps to land on for a first review, it had to be this one. I could have done it the day I rolled, but between games and Mother's Day I didn't quite have the energy. Sometime tomorrow, likely when the next review goes up, I'll post the list I'm rolling off of and how this'll work.
>>
>>53242264
I believe they said Starfinder would get stuff like two months later or something. It's not getting content as fast as Pathfinder
>>
>>53242371
Easier solution: you and your buddies get a room. Or maybe you thrive on conflict?
>>
>>53242365
It's useful. Mobility, charges, shenanigans with polearms at lower handedness, reach for days.
There's better, sure, but it's damn solid.
>>
>>53242365
Make the stances not just "this is basically a feat/enabler of a combat style".

Nerf Primal Fury charges, and make Piercing Thunder the charge discipline
>>
>>53242236
My first set of questions are all whys.

Why is this gnoll "very nice?"
Why are they in civilized lands?
Why wouldn't the party, the local government, or anyone with half a brain kill them on sight?

My second questions pertain to whos.

You've listed a collection of random traits and "lolwacky" mannerisms, but those do not a character make. Who is this character?

My third set are the hows.

How have the psychic powers affected their life?

My fourth questions are the whats.

What led them to become an adventurer?
What do they think about having psychic powers?
What do they want or are trying to accomplish?
>>
>>53242375
Make sure you refresh the page anon, I just added a touch more to his backstory.
>>
Rolled 1, 1 = 2 (2d6)

>>53242236
Rolling for Kozuni
>>
>>53242393
I was thinking of running a Zweihander Sentinel with Piercing Thunder and Silver Crane (replacing Iron Tortoise), actually. That isn't the best combination, but would it work decently?
>>
>>53242438
2 inch pseudopenis, ouch. How's life at the back of the pack?
>>
File: 1454129397472.jpg (56KB, 445x500px) Image search: [Google]
1454129397472.jpg
56KB, 445x500px
>>53242236
>Age 12
Suppose this is the whole dog-years business again. A bit weird but not bad.

>Pic
Is pretty neat actually. Self drawn is some next-level stuff.

>Actual Bio
I feel like the Bio is too much of a personality description now. I was (quietly) agreeing with you 2 threads ago on what you've been saying about the apps for the other game, but this is also wrong in the opposite direction. Don't get me wrong, the personality is intriguing (though good alignment for a gnoll is a bit borderline), but it really lacks any sort of actual story beyond "left her tribe".

That doesn't make the app bad, just very out of the norm, which can be good or bad for its chances to be picked. At this point it's really just up to the DM if he likes the style or not.

Now, on the other hand, almost all Mighty Quest apps are absolute, unserious trash, so there's not too much competition unless the DM wants to run a 100% joke game. And if the DM wants a 100% joke game I feel like your character wouldn't fit in too much and you'd be better off applying to Ironfang or something.
>>
>>53242442
Yes.
Every full initiator works decently unless you deliberately shoot yourself in the foot.

The optimization floor is beautifully placed, it's basically impossible to fuck up by accident.
>>
File: gg.jpg (45KB, 600x478px) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
45KB, 600x478px
Got a build question /pfg/. Looking to make a character with monk and spiritualist levels. Picture related.

My question, specifically, is threefold. Firstly, How many levels should I put into monk before it becomes unnecessary? There are some neat-o high level abilities that spiritualists get in the 15-20 range, but I don't consider any of them to be terribly essential to the way I envision the build. I mean, both classes have full attack progression and rely on wisdom as their casting stat, so it seems like a nice hybrid anyway. Not much is lost going out of monk even earlier than 5 I suspect.

Secondly, should I go with the standard monk class, or the unchained monk class? Which do you think benefits more from later levels in spiritualist?

Thirdly, emotional focusi. Anger seems like an obvious choice for the first one, but after that? Not sure. Dedication, Hatred, and Zeal all seem like an alright fit (especially with lots of ranks in Sneak for Hatred, but I'm not really a fan of all the cloak and dagger play here).

That wraps it up, and I don't even want to get into particularly great races to choose for this build either (unless something great immediately comes to mind for you). Lemme know what you think.

Sources
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/occultAdventures/classes/spiritualist.html

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/classes/monk.html

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/unchained/classes/monk.html
>>
>>53242467
Can vampires get boners?
>>
>>53242484
You should put zero levels into monk because its awful.
>>
>>53242484
Go unchained monk and you really won't need levels in spiritualist at all.
>>
>>53242495
So you think I should just take unarmed strike as a feat and just skip the whole thing?

Brawler might be better eh?
>>
>>53242467
Sure, I'll go with that. Thanks. In the meantime, I better polish up my ideas.
>>
>>53242489
Apparently so if Simi's backstory is to be believed.
>>
>>53242511
Multiclassing is inherently doomed to failure in pathfinder, just don't bother.
>>
>>53242489
Yeah, if they spend a Blood Point.
>>
>>53242508
You think I'd get the same flavor out of it?
>>
>>53242280
That sounds like paradise!
>>
>>53242511
If you're going to do that, just take VMC monk and take all your levels in spiritualist.
>>
>>53242462
>Good Alignment is a bit borderline
Scrap that. The personality did make it seem like it's good aligned, but actual app says neutral.

Hm.
>>
>>53242521
Might consider it in this case.
>>
>>53242534
realistically you won't

You should really go a roil dancer/avant guard but you probably can't

>>53242548
>vmc monk

christ
>>
>>53242548
VMC monk?

wussat?
>>
>>53242564
variant multiclassing

Christ are you straight from the paizo boards newnamefag?
>>
>>53242569
He linked to the PRD instead of the SRD in his first post, what do you think?
>>
>>53242569
nah, I seem to have evaded the paizo boards in my lifetime. I know a fair bit about the game, but not everything, as is often the case.

Variant multiclassing, I'll read up.
>>
>>53242592
so GitP then?
>>
>>53242407
Oh thank god someone serious. Uhm, are you expecting to answer to those, or is it criticism on what you feel is lacking?

>My first set of questions are all whys.
But that's all things to be explained in game. What I want to do create questions. That means I got you interested in an answer.

Although she's nice because she's actually nice. It's personality.

>Why are they in civilized lands?
Why not? It's not like uncivilized lands were a place to be

>Why wouldn't the party, the local government, or anyone with half a brain kill them on sight?
Setting.

>You've listed a collection of random traits and "lolwacky" mannerisms, but those do not a character make. Who is this character?
They're a subterfuge. Details like that implicate some comportments such as the fondness for partying but they are also supposed to distract you from the first prejudice you get by seeing a gnoll, slowly getting you lost in the unimportant specifics. Henceforth how I describe her liveliness at parties does make you forget she's proficient in martial arts and telekinetics.

>How have the psychic powers affected their life?
I've already answered this. Grosso-modo, you don't fit in polite society. Of course there's more details, but, kept for IG roleplay.

>My fourth questions are the whats. What led them to become an adventurer?
She just got nothing better to do.

>What do they think about having psychic powers?
I know what she thinks about this, but I'll wait for the correct IG opportunity to discuss it.

>What do they want or are trying to accomplish?
Nothing. She has no burning passion. Nobody to avenge. She's waiting for fate and seeing the description of the game, fate just rang her up.

If you want me to explain her: she's just a person. Unique being herself, but ultimately, just like you and me, just a person, and we'll see how that holds up when she starts running around a thousand planes. And maybe, she'd rather people see her as a simple party-lover.
>>
>>53242600
Maybe reddit.
>>
Anyone ever used the gods heralds in any games?
>>
>>53242600
/tg/ is all I have, but I'm no regular. I just namefagged on a whim :^)
>>
>>53242627
Regardless clear Normie

I bet they don't even know about Spheres of Power and Path of War

>>53242629
shut up you fucking normie, go here to learn shit

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/
>>
>>53242640
Thanks you fucking degenerate, I will!
>>
>>53242654
fucking normalfags get off my board reeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>53242043
Can you stop making threads? You really suck at it, especially your really pathetic attempts at starter questions.
>>
>>53242628
Using a Divine Servant as a Big Bad
>>
>>53242670

i refuse
>>
When did you become a giant, /pfg/?
>>
>>53242462
>Suppose this is the whole dog-years business again. A bit weird but not bad.
Yeah

I basically divide by two. So she's around 24 to 26 years old.

>Is pretty neat actually. Self drawn is some next-level stuff.
I SWEAR I will do a real one. Just, tomorrow. And I'm trying to not make her look asian, even with the katana.

>Actual Bio
She's not good, actually, just Neutral. With "good-natured" I just meant she was very easy-going socially, not likely to get angry for much.

>but it really lacks any sort of actual story beyond "left her tribe".
Aha

The application purposedly glances over it but also implies later it was not really a choice she liked to make. Maybe it's nothing big. Maybe it's some super-edgy backstory involving a beholder and three piglets. You shall never know before the dramatic reveal.

The real story is the game about to happen, can't go and keep going about the before. I mean we're also gonna start level 1, so...

>almost all Mighty Quest apps are absolute, unserious trash
Oh I quite like the dwarf, Sayashi the Wilder ever though I just don't care at all about the specifics of his backstory, and the other gnoll is fine too, nothing much to say on those that aren't bad. Oni had a good background too. But Olu Dasra the Tiefling takes the cake for best fucking writing on there. So much personality and character in three lines. I'm very anxious about playing with an Evil party member and yet I'm going to start an uprising if that guy isn't selected.

>if the DM wants a 100% joke game
If I remember he did tell me it wasn't going to be a joke game. He had plans to translate it to Starfinder as well. Yeah, Ironfang maybe isn't bad, I just don't know about Adventure Paths. You sort of have to go on a... Predetermined path. Not sure about that.

>At this point it's really just up to the DM if he likes the style or not.
I've been thinking about rewriting it to sound better. I'm not sure if I did something nice to read.
>>
>>53242735
Can you at least start tripfagging so we can eventually get you banned?
>>
>>53242626
>Uhm, are you expecting to answer to those, or is it criticism on what you feel is lacking

The latter, the answers themselves are of no concern to me.

Applications should paint a portrait of a character, and yours doesn't. I'm providing a few questions that should be answered, and will hopefully illustrate a way forward.
>>
>>53242787

Why would i do that?
>>
Have you ever deprived a low level party of food to create a crisis where they must hunt for food rather than make survival checks to auto gain food? Of course there is no intention to make them starve to death and end the game immediately.

Did it go over well or would it be a dick move?

I am trying to create unique scenarios at low levels that don't involve the party being attacked by Goblins/kobolds/bandits for no reason.
>>
File: amamtheabig.png (866KB, 694x938px) Image search: [Google]
amamtheabig.png
866KB, 694x938px
>>53242407
>>53242375

I know you roll randomly, But please Its mother's day! Do ultimate Mom Amalthea!
>>
Is it ever worth speccing an Alchemist to be Bomberman?
>>
>>53242771
No, she's 12.

Unless she needs no sleep and has had twice the experiences of everyone else around her that's twelve, she's fucking twelve. Her lifespan just happens to be much lower.
>>
>>53242043
Reminder that Mighty Quest is closing soon so submit your applications!
>https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/76041/mighty-quest-for-epic-loot-in-the-lair-of-the-kobold-queen
>>
>>53242874

Bombs can fuck people's shit up pretty hard in a lot of different ways. However, it requires some character investment to work well.
>>
>>53242874
Alchemists are bombers the class. So if you like that, go for it.
>>53242832
Ive done this before, generally they are easy going with it, unless of course there is a cleric or druid who create food.

My scenario was trapped in a dungeon and had to scrounge for mushrooms and moss to survive along with rats. Then another time a desert island so they had to actually use profession skills they put in. (who knew basketweaving was so useful)
>>
>>53242766
How do I become Giant?
>>
>>53242874
Absolutely yes
>>
>>53242913
To answer your question with another question, WHAT RINGS U GOT BITCH?
>>
>>53242913
The only true way is barbarian with invulnerable rager and heavy armor. You pump up your strength all the way to out-skill those dexfags then you grab superstition and spellsunder to fuck up those intfags and faithnerds
>>
>>53242908
>>53242912
>>53242922
So, how should one invest in a bomb spec?
>>
>>53242766
I became a giant today.

And proceeded to miss all my attacks!
>>
You know what

Should I review raining blood and oil apps?
>>
>>53242947
Sounds fun.
>>
>>53242942
There is an archetype called bomber if that helps you out. You need high int and dex to make it work, but luckily mutagens and extracts help out a lot.
>>53242947
Yes then do mighty quest apps
>>
>>53242821
It does paint a character; perhaps you are not receptive to it. To only talk about what I wrote, I can read:

That she's a weirdo that nobody feels comfortable being near
That she's a foreigner that tends to be looked upon badly
That she's actually nice and tame
That she's left everything she knew and cared about behind, is lonely, and lost
That she's a gnoll damn it and so she's big, she's strong, she's scary-looking
That she's great at parties, and robot-dancing is her hobby
That she has human traits, likes things, dislikes others, like you and me
That she can't stand carpets
That she's a martial artist as well as an offensive telekineticist
That despite the sociable nature she won't hesitate a second before killing a bad guy
That she can't stand boring or overdrawn people, and tends to prank them
That she in fact tries to forget her inner sadness
And that she likes hugs.

Now, please, honestly tell me if you can see that as well, or if you feel that is not obvious.

Every other character motivations, her possible opinions, you could try and guess from what you know. What does she think about the gift that meant she was never really on the same level as everyone? Maybe she in fact doesn't like it, and yet I do imply it's as a natural part of her as our arms are to us.
>>
>>53242942
Read an alchemist guide here http://zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html
>>
>>53242947
Nobody cares about that game, review meme apps from TSS.
>>
>>53242953
>>53242952
Ech.. I might tomorrow, rather late for me

But I'm a mecha nerd so I should do ok at it.
>>
>>53242880
There is such a thing as precocious animals that grow up faster than humans, Anon.
>>
>>53242880
To an elf a human is a baby even at 80 years old.

Whats your point?
>>
Poked around the bestiaries and couldn't find it so I'm going to ask again, does anyone know if the stat blocks in bestiaries include attribute modifiers in their skill bonuses?
>>
>>53242971
They age. physically.

Problem is mental development tends to take a pretty serious hit from it. And even if the intelligence is there, there's still less experience and thus 'wisdom' to go with it all.
>>
>>53242942

It's sort of a combination of ranged and TWF, so you're going to be hurting for feats for a while. Grenadier is a decent archetype if bombs are your one true love. Fast Bombs at level 8 is really what you're aiming for, because then you can dump so many bombs in a single turn it's nuts. An FCB keyed to bomb damage is definitely a plus.
>>
>>53242846
It's not happening tonight if it happens at all. That said, I don't have high hopes for it
>>
>>53242955
Only about half of those things are supported.
The others are traits are either utterly generic statements that could be made about anyone, or are things you've mentally assigned to her, and are therefore seeing in the work, despite the lack of evidence for it.

Flesh out your backstory and the characterization will flow.
>>
>>53242997
They should, but Paizuri writers are notoriously bad at tracking that kind of stuff properly.
>>
>>53242997
Yes they do, so if you increase their attributes then the skills go higher
>>
>>53243031
I really fucking hate how they never actually specify "This has 3 ranks in stealth, two in perception, and one in craft (XXXXL dildoes)". I shouldn't have to reverse engineer statblocks to reassign monster skill points.
>>
>>53242885
Shit my app aint half done.

Which is your favorite apps?
>>
>>53243062
Kozuni. It's a real stand out app, even if so called reviewanons can't see it.
>>
File: IMG_3163.jpg (94KB, 1067x885px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3163.jpg
94KB, 1067x885px
Listen here, nerds. I've tried being nice. That shit didn't work. You're still cowards who don't follow through in their dreams, and it's disgusting!
So I'm taking a new approach. I've taken DHB hostage; his cookies were truly inspired. If you can't provide hard logs proving that you've PMed your crush in the next twelve hours, I'm going to execute DHB.
This is your last chance, /pfg/!
>>
>>53243088
I personally like the Aasimar even if she is a furry. Or the Asian psyker
>>
>>53243014
You tend to learn more from your experiences between 20 to 23 than between 1 to 4. I didn't say that she's going to know everything and every name she comes across... In fact that's also a serup for me not being familiar with Golarion.

>Only about half of those things are supported.
All of them are supported, but I am not showing those supports. I have, right here, a detailed backstory covering her family, her reasons, everything, but that's all useless chaff to put in a description compared to the actual conclusion they bring.

I sincerely doubt talking about some story how, one day she stumbled about a party of humans, and killed them, and had an epiphany would do anything to add actual character depth, more that it is forcing her into a role before I got to play her.

>The others are traits are either utterly generic statements that could be made about anyone
It's true, but that's because she just isn't trying to be a snowflake, or even remotely special. I'm going for someone that is relatable to us, therefore realistic and believable. Not a prophecy child or Deadpool oddball (but hell Deadpool's super relatable).

If you pay attention, the biography is insisting on one recurrent theme: "I just want to fit in somewhere". Sounding special is her problem.

All in all I think we're just talking about two different ways of presenting a character.
>>
So I've gotten the greenlight on joining a new game, low magic but still situated in Golarion.

I'm working on a ratfolk unchained rogue, no archetypes, TWF with dual cestus, buckler and mithral shirt for simple combat effectiveness. Still have a feat and a rogue talent that I've yet to pick out.

Crunch aside, I'd like to get some ideas for flavor. He is going to be some variant of evil, but with a face/merchant focus, with a bit of skill monkey thrown in because rogue. Business venturer trait, and the mutant eye trait for another left eye on the forehead kept concealed by a turban or other similar piece of headware, which could tie in to a middleastern garb over the mithral. When asked, the party could very well be his bodyguards, add a bit of weight to his bargaining.

What else could I add in for some fun flavor? Any experience running your own ratfolk and/or merchant types.
>>
>>53243096
https://pastebin.com/KQhzz8dK
>>
File: mr salty.png (260KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
mr salty.png
260KB, 320x371px
>>53243088
>>
>>53243135
Snakeoil Salesman type could be fun.
>>
>>53243135
>low magic
I'm so sorry.
>>
So /pfg/. I need some help. I need art that would be good for 'wolf in sheep's clothing' sort of feel. Preferably a human and preferably not elderly.
>>
>>53243135
>LOW MAGIC

RUN
RUN AWAY
>>
>>53243144
Found the weirdo who's jealous of Kozuni's brilliant character.
>>
File: 56862cbac6a8155fcba4e6300dfc314c.jpg (317KB, 622x1000px) Image search: [Google]
56862cbac6a8155fcba4e6300dfc314c.jpg
317KB, 622x1000px
>>53243170
For reference this is my current front runner for the art.
>>
Why are all the apps on Mighty Quest dex and int fags? Where are the real GIANTS and real BARBARIANS
>>
File: 1473611409522.jpg (95KB, 736x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1473611409522.jpg
95KB, 736x1040px
>>53243170
>>
>>53243142
This is a spicy new meme
>>
>>53243096
>his cookies were truly inspired
Cookies?
>>
>>53243164
>>53243173
I'm not particularly worried, perhaps the whole party won't turn into uber mensch/uber maus super quick by drinking the magic koolaid, but I suspect the encounters might be more interesting.

Besides, then I can focus more on flavor.
>>
>>53243128
>All of them are supported, but I am not showing those supports. I have, right here, a detailed backstory covering her family, her reasons, everything, but that's all useless chaff to put in a description compared to the actual conclusion they bring.

I very much disagree with that sentiment. Experiences can have effects that are far reaching and not immediately apparent. By hiding all that, you're robbing the character of significant nuance, removing all context from later statements, and making your app far less interesting.

>It's true, but that's because she just isn't trying to be a snowflake, or even remotely special. I'm going for someone that is relatable to us, therefore realistic and believable.

I think you're misinterpreting my point. (Although, I'd disagree with the notion that "special" means "unrelatable", and "boring" means "realistic".)

Without any context to put your statements in, without a larger tapestry for them to weave into, they're just random-ass declarations. These things provide texture for a character, but they can't stand on their own.
>>
>>53243229
STORMWIND FALLACY AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>53243193
Dead. For some reason no one ever posts barbarians save for a few brace heros of legend.
>>
>>53243062
1.Olu Dasra
Whoever plays that one is a god of writing

2.Sayashi
Personality concept is great. Just cut the backstory man, I'm not reading of it, but it's any good go ahead and tell me in character, it might be a great story from the party's old guy

3. Maine Aruki
Witty design.

3.5 Innser Tpunn Ame
Nothing particular about this guy. But I like how he keeps it simple and doesn't obssess with anything. The writing style tickles my instinct and tells me there's maybe more to him than let on, personality wise. Can always use a well-played "wanted-to-be-baker-but-I-sort-of-lost-track" kind.

4. Many other people
Kobold, catfolk and the like. It's okay I guess, if bland. I once had a character with similar motivations to the kobold.

5. Everyone else.
The cringe. The pain.

>>53243144
It's not me.

>>53243193
Kozuni is likely to throw some fist-based justice, so I assume STR.
>>
Well now, having reading the thread, I sort of want to make Micolash Cage a Wizard/Alchemist. Not only can he identify those damned Mythos creatures, he'll bomb 'em back to the screaming infinite void they come from!
>>
>>53243128
>>53243245

Blergh, pressed submit too early.

>All in all I think we're just talking about two different ways of presenting a character.

I suppose so, but I can't provide comments on a character whose player is actively concealing information. From my perspective, it looks like you just didn't feel like writing a bio, thus that's how I treat the app.

If you want to continue with... whatever "way of presenting a character" this is, more power to you, just don't don't expect anything positive to come from it.
>>
>>53242912
I was going to have coyotes steal their food at night. Level 1 party out in the wilderness. A pair of coyotes distract while other go for the backpacks.

This would eventually lead to an encounter that would result in them attempting to snag a deer or looting an axe beak depending on how they approach the scenario.
>>
>>53243274
I just know that this meme ain't going to be nearly as spicy as it's built up to be.
>>
>>53243266
So you're a fan of Insert Pun Name huh?
>>
Anyone wanna fuck my ass?
>>
>>53243328
no bryan fuck off
>>
>>53243328
Post your Discord
>>
>>53243245
You know, if I felt comfortable there would be no contamination with the rest of the party and such, I would give you everything I have on her. But there are things I feel the other players must not know before it's time.

Events shape you, yes, and I'm not disagreeing: but I am here talking about a character who is turning her back on her past. I have to play her like she's pretending they did not happen. I feel the rules are different in this case.

>>53243276
She's a level 1 character. I personally think that means the backstory has to be simple in presentation. In fact I was often told that I usually made too much backstory for my characters and was overthinking everything.

She's got a personality, a situation, a set of skills; for now you don't need much more.

I do agree that from the outside, she can sound like a typical "I'm-a-rollplayer" character. However I consider that if you got the psychology and personality already pegged down then you can easily adapt it to all events on the go, so it doesn't matter as much if you don't know everything about her past life. Also I think it helps me stay open for all character growth opportunities.
>>
>>53243290
It'll be tough living up to the hype of Nick Cage, but I will sincerely try my hardest to make it work. Granted he'd probably get denied the moment he's submitted, but it's the thought that counts.
>>
>Be me
>Read over Trouser Snake applications
>Captain Slow has made the jaded mercenary looking for purpose and somebody to teach him how to love
>Sappy has made the not!vampire girl who remains positive despite the horrors of her upbringing with the motivation of LOLadventure
Should this have just been a paired app from the beginning?
>>
>>53243313
Hehe. If you read it in my language, it sounds just really esoteric.

But I like the idea of a baker having eldricht visions in his bread. Wish the name is a placeholder.
>>
>>53243328
Is your character cute?
>>
>>53243354
Probably, but that's not really going to stop both of them from coasting into the game on the inertia of the Valimir memes irregardless of duo- or single-apps.
>>
>>53243354
Weren't their apps only paired once? That's not even the record holder for apps shipped with Slow.
>>
>>53243388
He's a gay Nosferatu wizard necromancer
>>
>>53243354
>Should this have just been a paired app from the beginning?
Why should they, anon? Dual apps are for characters with intertwined backgrounds and neither character seems to have known the other before boarding the ship. Just because characters are shipped together before picks are made, or even because the two players have an interest in ERPing with one another doesn't mean they should be necessarily joined at the hip.
>>
>>53243407
But is he cute?
>>
>>53243420
Valimir idiots are just reaching anyway, as usual.
>>
>>53243426
Yes
>>
>>53243448
Post Your Discord
>>
>>53243420
It's just morons trying to force a new meme. They don't realize that the reason that Sappy and Slow have become meme players is because they put together consistently interesting apps, not some sort of celebrity inertia.
>>
>>53243470
Did that ever happen before or after Valimir?
>>
File: Amalthea for Review.jpg (190KB, 694x938px) Image search: [Google]
Amalthea for Review.jpg
190KB, 694x938px
>>53242846
>>53243020
That's where you're wrong!

Amalthea Sendori
NG Human Medium || Oracle (Ancestors)

>Part of ZE GRAND EXPERIMENT in Hermea
>Is good with kids, ends up as head of the eugen--Compatibility Program, ensuring people with the best genes hook up.
>Cheats the system to end up with a guy she likes.
>Kid is magical, and awakens Amalthea's magical powers.
>The overseers are split, but Mengkare doesn't want to taint the population with the child's genes.
>Rather than be separated from her child she chooses exile.
>Dropped off in Cheliax, joins up with the ship since she can find no other work.

This character is impossible to review objectively, since she's been one of /pfg/'s favorite memes for the better part of a year by this point. In the interest of throwing out objectivity, I don't like this character. I never have. She feels like the player saw the art and worked backwards to make the character, without asking if that characters "fits" as a PC. A tradition that's being carried on in this iteration of the app. A midwife carrying a newborn has no place on an expedition to Fantasy Africa, and doesn't really fit with the pulpy adventure-y vibes from the rest of the apps. The backstory ties to Hermea are legitimately creative and potentially cool, but only in a situation where they might come up; traipsing about the Mwangi jungle means they're unlikely to.
>>
>>53243266
Ain't Kazuni an int based psionic caster
>>
>>53243488

The Good:
>Strong support build that can fill any role, or multiple roles simultaneously if needed.
>Good insurance for the DM, if they don't feel like they can control the party, since she won't let the PCs murder each other.
>Her penchant for twisting rules to her advantage does provide the character with a tiny bit of an edge...

The Bad:
>...However it's not really enough to save her from being walking Mommy Memes. It's really her entire personality.
>Feels out of place given the pulp vibe.
>The jungle is no place for a baby, someone call CPS.

Backstory 6/10 - The only thing I actually like from the character. Hermea is a fascinating source for characters. I just wish the Hermean flavor was better reflected in the actual character, rather than being confined to the background.
Compatibility Meme/10 - This category is pretty much a pointless holdover, so fill in whatever number you want. Her build is meant to be incredibly flexible, and her personality is designed to stop conflicts. I doubt there's any group that wouldn't want her on their side.
Wanderlust 0/10 - She's only here because of the money. No real desire to explore, no lust for adventure. Yawn.
Overall Pulpiness 1/10 - Not pulpy in the slightest. She wasn't even adjusted for more of a Wendu Witch Doctor-y vibe.
>>
File: rotpota.jpg (133KB, 640x290px) Image search: [Google]
rotpota.jpg
133KB, 640x290px
>>53243354
>>53243394
>>53243399
>>53243420
>>53243436
>>53243470
Can we all at least agree that the name of this ship has to be Simian?
>>
How many Physicians are there currently in Trouser Snake?
>>
/pfg/, have you ever put away the dice for a combat scene and freeformed it with your players? What was the circumstances?

I just had a fae knight duel a dragonborn cleric one on one since the dragonborn cleric raped his step-sister. It took place in front of his church.
>>
>>53243515
Two normal, two witchdoctors
>>
>>53243347
>But there are things I feel the other players must not know before it's time.

In my experiences as both a player and a GM, that's a significant red flag. You shouldn't be hiding things from the other players.
>>
>>53243523
Well shit. I suppose I really have to switch over. Being a doctor wasn't the most important part of the character's backstory, but this is troubling.
>>
>>53243488
>>53243507
And yet she has 110% chance of getting in the game because Rory is such a egotist and general piece of shit
>>
>>53243533
I don't think we have any professors yet.
>>
>>53243508
No, I prefer Forced Meme
>>
>>53243507
CALL IT OUT
>>
>>53243193
Secondarily why are there no Paladins AND barbarians. It's a sore lack of BIGG MEATY frontliners
>>
>>53243542
Yup, Rory is such an egotistical fuck
>>
>>53243525
By the way: thanks for taking the time to review and give input. I need this criticism.

>You shouldn't be hiding things from the other players
It's not anything... Malign. It doesn't even have a mechanical effect. But, it's still the catalyst of the backstory.

>>53243489
She is likely to be a Psionic Warrior, or anything that lets her fist things while blasting them.

I was thinking DOOM Marine in psion form.

>>53243088
Stop it Anon I will blush gay
>>
>>53243542
I don't doubt it.

Though, I doubt anything I've ever said has gotten someone into/out of a game.
>>
>>53243470
So who are you Sappy or Slow?
>>
>>53243542
yeah this

rory isn't going to pass up the chance to let a huge /pfg/ meme in the game and you can expect him to come to the thread bragging about having BLACKED her when that inevitably happens
>>
>>53243566
Shocking backstory revelations are not a substitute for actual character growth, Anon. By hiding this shit, you're forcing other people to go out of their way in order to make you interesting. It is a bad idea.

Also, I doubt >>53243088 is serious.
>>
File: 47974.jpg (457KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
47974.jpg
457KB, 1920x1080px
Evening, ladies and gents. Hope you're all enjoying your weekend and PMING THEM
For the first couple sessions, at least, your regularly scheduled greentexts will cover the actions of both parties. Things will likely diverge later, but for now, without further ado, let us begin.

>Theme of shitty little hamlet.mp3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE0z5YTxtb0

>Open on Grymgard, the armpit of Angra the World-Breaker, a shitty town on the ass-end of nowhere
>Our four blooming villains are called to the Rose Grove, the local brothel
>In Team Dastardly, Umbranae heads there to meet Cijiska while Allanz wakes up Kenna and they leave his inn room (where they just slept in separate beds and did nothing else)
>In Team Vicious, 4916, Romulus, and Kyron meet up with Emilia at the brothel, where she’s started working to be able to leech sustenance from local ruffians
>The brothel madam, Halfling fertility cleric Cora Flowerstep, ushers the PCs into her office
>One of her girls didn’t come back from visiting a hermit just south of town
>Sounds sketchy, and the PCs in each group expect that they’re going to avenge rather than rescue
>Team Vicious leaves with no more incident than some passive-aggressive sniping between Emi and Kyron
>With Team Dastardly, Kenna borrows a pair of the missing girl’s panties and wears them like a mask to get her scent so she can track her down
>The PCs follow the girl’s trail out of town, to where they discover a gang of orcs
>Some of the orcs are looting a knocked-out old man
>One of the orcs is raping the missing hooker against a tree
>>
>>53243578
Reviewanon, is merlynn from TSS too generic of a backstory? Should I be namedropping, or teying something different? Shes my first /pfg/ app so im nervous.
>>
>>53243589
Sappy, probably. Slow does things without Sappy all the time, but Sappy's just a familiar or an aberrant tumor when he's feeling in the mood for that kind of game, you get me?
Slow doesn't need Sappy, but Sappy needs Slow.
>>
>>53243566
Judging by the good apps vs the whatever apps, the party won't seem too well rounded if it's the good apps that get in. Likely a lot of psions and maybe two dex based fighters.
>>
>>53243604
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gCgluVD0Aw

>Kyron got spotted by some hidden archers when he snuck ahead, so team Vicious charges right in
>Romulus gets stuck in and keeps the warriors busy while Six tears up the squishier archers and shaman
>Emilia uses her half-succubus powers to seduce and talk down the last orc standing
>Team Dastardly has only Allanz and Kenna charging forward, while Cijiska and Umbranae hang back
>Umbra keeps the orcs across the river locked down while Kenna and Allanz hack up anyone who isn’t entangled
>Both teams are aided by the missing girl, Janelle, who grabs a branch and occasionally whacks an orc over the head
>The old man the girl was visiting gets to his feet where the orcs had knocked him out, and starts checking the PCs for wounds as thanks for saving him.
>But he also takes some of their blood. For "research".
>When called on it, he flatters the PCs and tells them he just wants to continue his experiments in peace
>Seems to know what family Allanz is from, that Kyron’s royalty, and other things that only raise further questions
>The orcs seem to be from some greater faction, all bearing the insignia of a horned horse head
>The working girl seems unwounded but traumatized and addicted to orc fluids
>But whatever, the PCs have Cora's money and the girl is still alive, so back to town we go
>>
>>53243612
Sappy applied for Golden Fields Of Molthune without a single Mr. Bubbles in sight though. Too bad that was a bamboozle.
>>
File: silver-knight.jpg (62KB, 604x475px) Image search: [Google]
silver-knight.jpg
62KB, 604x475px
>>53243615
>The PCs are just about to head back to the brothel to report a job well done when someone walking nearby gets hit by an arrow
>Then lightning bolts set the gallows aflame
>Suddenly most of the town is on fire
>Imperial griffon-riders are wheeling around for another attack run
>Witch-Finders on other griffons start shutting down anybody who tries to cast a spell at them with strange lanterns
>The old man has clearly had enough shit for one day and produces a strange red orb, turning half the attackers to ash
>The other half is starting to flee
>Except one
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNdJDQ151hI
>A knight in silver armor flies through the flames and cuts him down
>He seems about to move towards the PCs, but decides the orb takes priority
>Shatters it with a black dagger, urging them to run
>Too late
>The next thing anybody knows, they’re waking up in a dark cave, with centipedes crawling over them
>A shard of red crystal has lodged in each PC, and glows faintly
>High above, through a thin crevice, the PCs can spot sunlight
>Is Grymgard still burning? Are they the only survivors apart from a hooker and, in one group’s case, an orc?
>Tune again in in two weeks to find out!
>>
>>53243604
But Overlewd...you're THEM! Do I PM YOU?
>>
File: giphy.gif (462KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
462KB, 320x240px
>>53243632
Of course!
>>
>>53243624
Ha! Figures. Is that it? No other solo Sappy games?
>>
I'm shy. Which games let me post my app through PM? But I don't want to seem like I'm trying to get in good with the DM before I even get in
>>
>>53243647
I wanna PM shy Anons!
>>
>>53243602
And you think giving the shocking revelation right now will constitute character growth? Maybe there isn't going to be any revelation, and maybe she'll never even talk about it, and nobody will ask; and that's not necessarily a bad thing at all. People can just know that she was forced out; they don't need to know why.

I think I'll just ask the GM's opinion on this and get back to you all afterwards.

>Also, I doubt >>53243088 is serious.
Why, did you write this one?

>>53243614
We will outblast our way to victory. But I feel honoured you consider the psions to be good apps, give how I've made one...
>>
>>53243507
>>53243488
>>53243525
>>53243578
At the risk of sounding pushy or needy, can you review Sapera?
>>
>>53243647
That would be Mighty quest. Last I heard five people posted their apps through PM and that's alright. As long as we see who they are if they get in.
>>
>>53243604
>>53243615
>>53243629
Don't forget the most important greentext! It goes at the very end.

>Umbranae and Cijiska tease each other about their butts
>>
>>53243658
I-i'll chat with you, anon. As long as we take it slow, you know?
>>
>>53243681
Starting the countdown to plot-significant twerk-off.
>>
>>53243681
>>53243687
>three heads
>four arms
>both curvy girls

Tell me more.
>>
>>53243665
Uh, the GM has problems with his Roll20 PMs last I knew. I would not do it.
>>
>>53243684
That sounds wonderful! Where can I find you?
>>
>>53243702
I think he meant through discord. Even I posted mine through discord for him. It kinda sucks though so no worry if I don't get in
>>
File: 1491617663287.gif (1MB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
1491617663287.gif
1MB, 500x506px
>>53243687
>>
>>53243607
It either needs to be expanded or re-written. Right now you've got a lot going on, in relatively few sentences; fleshing it out means you can give her a more interesting personality, and create some NPCs for the GM to use.

>>53243660
>And you think giving the shocking revelation right now will constitute character growth?

I don't know. I'm just making assumptions based on the last player I knew who was acting super secretive for no good reason.

>>53243661
Not tonight.
>>
>>53243488
Open question, what /pfg/ campaign currently running would Amalthea fit into best?
>>
>>53243708
[Spoiler]On roll20, silly![/spoiler]
>>53243717
Thats... about what I expected. Okay, tomorrow I'll expand my background. Thanks, reviewanon!
>>
>>53243787
I don't see very many possibilities for adventure of a pregnant woman besides MAYBE a kingmaker game because then there is enough time to not become so pregnant
>>
>>53243797
This is what I get for phone posting. Shame and regret! *runs off*
>>
>>53243787
RotJR, since there'd be time for her to be a surrogate mother to Ameiko and the PCs. Fitting since it's what she was made for.

Blingmaker, since it's literally about building a better a better world for your kids, and takes place over decades.

Overlewd, because we didn't actually get a decent Lamashtan app for that.
>>
>>53243696
Cijiska claimed Umbranae had "useless meat"

Umbranae claimed Cijiska to be jealous of her butt
>>
>>53243849
Allanz should fuck them both. It's what I would do.
>>
>>53243857
I think he's too shy
>>
>>53243717
>I don't know. I'm just making assumptions based on the last player I knew who was acting super secretive for no good reason.
Actually, I just don't wanna make it a big deal. It's not a super dramatic set of events, it's just genuinely better to have the character attempt to reach her entirely flavour goal without anyone knowing IC or OOC.

I'm also trying to avoid extremely special backstories since it's my first PF game... I'm open to the lessons of experience and it will tell me whether or not it was a good idea. But I have a personal taste in simpler characters.

All in all good night.
>>
>>53243864
He just needs a coach to motivate him.
>>
>>53243879
I think he'll have to rely on an NPC then
>>
>>53243818
>>53243797
Gonna be honest, you could be one of four different people if I counted right. You'll need to narrow it down with another hint!
>>
>>53243879
YOU DON'T NEED A COACH, ALLANZ
ALL YOU NEED IS YOUR DEAR SISTER
DON'T YOU LOVE YOUR BIG SISTER
WHY WON'T YOU LOOK AT ME ALLANZ
>>
>>53243879
You mean like a...daddy?
>>
>>53243903
>tfw you have a super hot sister that's in to incest but you ignore her in favor of fucking two sluts with weird bodies and big fat asses
>>
>>53243916
They'll just have to go. This simply won't do. Those hussies don't deserve my dear little Allanz.
>>
>>53243894
Hope he finds his own Mickey Goldmill.

>>53243903
Murdering innocent girls...PRISON FOR LIFE!

>>53243911
Not exactly.
>>
>>53243900
No honts for you! hiss!
Maybe tomorrow though!
>>
Does Coward's Gambit from the Hidden Blade archetype for Unchained Rogue stack with Deadly Agility/Finesse Training, or is it effectively just an alternative to those?
>>
>>53244012
From my reading it specifically for the hidden blades allies but I don't see why it wouldnt stack.
>>
>>53243665
Update! Posted it through with the GM. Thanks for the helps dudes
>>
Is Hussar Warlord the best Cavalier substitute currently available?
>>
I need tengu lore, what book do I look for?
>>
>DHB posting another middle of the night app
>He's the serial killer
WELP
>>
>>53244189
>Is Hussar Warlord the best Cavalier substitute currently available?
If by 'best' you mean 'numerically breaks the game over its knee', yeah.
>>
>>53244203
All you got to work with is the description of the race and creature page and the dragon empires gazetteer. Essentially they are Japanese but hated by the Japanese so they live in their own small section if japan but those that live outside are pretty much all thieves or swords masters. No in between.
>>
>>53244258
I desperately want to bear DHB's children!
>>
>>53244331
He's literally a serial killer who kills prostitutes when he can't get his hands on politicians.
>>
>>53244336
Not the app, the player!
>>
>>53244340
DHB is a girl, I know because he made cookies the other day and that's what girls do.
>>
>>53244387
wait what? Why are people talking about DHB and cookies?
>>
>>53244387
B-but I make cookies! Does that make me a girl too?
>>
>>53244258
What's his dick size?
>>
What are some good improvised weapon ideas for a Night Terror vigilante? Bardic or otherwise performer themes would be really good.

This will probably be combined with Catch Off-Guard and sneak attack damage, as well as with Mithral Current and Tempest Gale maneuvers, so I'd really like to figure out a good set of improvised weapons that will work for both nonlethal and thrown stuff while looking generally innocuous.
>>
>>53244460
Consider using a rolling pin

A magic one at that
>>
>>53244460
Night Terrors should ALWAYS carry a Traveler's Anytool as at least their sidearm, if not their main weapon. Ask your GM if you can form it into a broom for Reach.
>>
>>53244387
There are few things I love more than when hubby makes cookies in the evening, while he's watching his shows.

One minute he's laying down on the couch watching comedies, and the next there's this wonderful smell coming from the kitchen because he got a bit peckish and now there's two dozen cookies who will never, ever see the sunrise.

I don't need to watch my own shows in our room anymore once there's cookies. Even though I won't understand a bloody thing of what he's laughing on and on about.
>>
>>53244665
I want to cuck your husband away from you
>>
If I'm making initiator archetypes, do samurai and ninja ever need one? I've never played with them enough to understand their relationship with their base classes.
>>
File: confession.jpg (90KB, 1127x637px) Image search: [Google]
confession.jpg
90KB, 1127x637px
>>53244714
Well he's not into cock, so I don't have to worry about that!
>>
>>53244742
Not... really.
They'd have to give up too much of what makes themselves themselves in order to justify how much they're getting from initiation, so, it wouldn't really do all that well.
>>
>>53244748
Nobody can beat the cock
>>
>>53244748
What if I gave him a 2 hour long prostate massage?
>>
>>53244394
I think he got drunk and asked pfg if they wanted to ask him a question about stuff, someone wanted to know if he'd bake cookies, he did, then he posted a picture of them.
>>
File: file.png (427KB, 611x833px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
427KB, 611x833px
>>
>>53244933
Yeah, he did. It was really cute.

aaaaa I wanna marry DHB!
>>
File: 1452263931586.jpg (241KB, 653x735px) Image search: [Google]
1452263931586.jpg
241KB, 653x735px
>>53242043
Got a little poll for everyone

"What AP should I run on Roll20?"
https://strawpoll.com/2gy8993
>>
>>53244949
Who the FUCK voted for Second Fucking Darkness?
>>
>>53244964
Probably a troll or someone with a Drow fetish.
>>
>>53244949
>two other people vote for my vote or my second choice

Feels great
>>
>>53244949
I kind of like iron gods so I voted on that one.
>>
has anyone made a bunch of Wildsoul thingies for vigilantes

it feels like there'd be 3pp for that
>>
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary/xill.html

Have you fought these before, anon? how would you feel about getting egged?
>>
>>53245078
Probably pretty bad, since it's lethal.
>>
>>53245103
Paladins would be immune though, and could heal others.
>>
>>53245147
Okay, CLERICS. I guess paladins last that spell from 3.5
>>
>>53242043
Those are some crazily suckleable titties right there - also give me a few reasons why i should play pathfinder.
>>
>>53244949
It's probably just gonna be a text game in a shitty time zone anyway.
>>
>>53242082
>Regular anime person painted green
This shit has to stop
>>
>>53245189
Roll20, voice via discord, pacific standard time actually. Running either Friday or Saturday nights.
>>
>>53245212
Please don't pick Second Darkness. It's so dumb!
>>
>>53245183
>give me a few reasons why i should play pathfinder.
You enjoy the feeling of bashing your scrote with a hammer.
>>
>>53245223
That's a pretty good reason to a lot of people
>>53245221
What's dumb with it specifically?
>>
>>53245183
Your friends all play Pathfinder, or you'd rather play with the worst of /tg/ than Roll20 randoms. That's about it as reasons go.
>>
File: jimw9aA.jpg (143KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
jimw9aA.jpg
143KB, 800x600px
>>53245212
>Roll20, voice via discord
I take it back, you are obviously a man of patrician tastes.

>PST
Yeah, that's what I thought. Maybe if you play really late, it'd be an early morning game for me. Fingers crossed.
>>
>>53245262
I have no job at the moment so I can pretty much run it at any time, I just think friday or saturday nights work best for people.
>>
>>53245223
>>53245260
shiet, guess i'm sticking to dorkhammer 40k
>>
>>53245260
The worst of /tg/ is unironically about seven orders of magnitude better than roll20 randoms.
>>
File: 1481766457978.png (1MB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
1481766457978.png
1MB, 800x1132px
>>53244949
Second Darkness seems to be in the lead right now.
>>
>>53245354
>Worst of /tg/
I have only been to few pfg games and I've seen a handful of troublesome players.
>Always late, gives no notice on absence
>Rarely speaks, you'd think they were afk the whole time
>Goes afk in the middle of combat because "its time to eat"
>Suddenly becomes the most active player when the time comes to erp
>Doesnt know whats going on in the campaign other than when its time to fuck
>5 mins to type a simple phrase (often "is it time to fuck?")
>>
>>53245456
And yet they are still better than roll20 randoms.
>>
>>53245456
Really? That's better than a lot of people I've played with, in real life as well.

Had one DM who straight up gave up on their 3rd game and threw an elder blue dragon at a party of 2nd levels. When someone called them out on it being too strong, she just shrugged and said "I guess you all shouldn't have gone down that road?"
>>
>>53245456
What shitter are you playing with?
>>
>>53245183
Why would we give you reasons to do that?
You've done us no harm.
>>
>>53245456
A lot of anons have some responsibilities - even if just a little.

Many I play with have no choice but to put the kids to bed or go lock up their store or feed the wife. Usually they're quite steady/regular about it and will do what they can to not interfere too much.

It's actually more troublesome if it's mid-conversation than mid-combat; at worst they skip a turn in the latter.
>>
DHB POSTED A CHARACTER TO TROUSER SERPENT
>>
>>53245590
Everybody else already knows, Rory
>>
Do you agree with this?
https://m.imgur.com/t/food/BWnHF
>>
>>53245782
Yes
>>
>>53245782
Only for very short trips, a day or two at most, or food at a very nice inn. Most of those have items that will not keep on the road, so remember to dry/smoke/cure/salt/preserve everything.
>>
>>53243507
>>53243488

So as always Amalthea's garbage and she shouldn't exist.

There's no way to make this character work.
>>
File: 1473206648430.gif (208KB, 354x534px) Image search: [Google]
1473206648430.gif
208KB, 354x534px
How's Spheres of Might doing? Is it better now?
>>
>>53246096
According to Touhou no
>>
>>53246099
How?
>>
>>53246099
According to 2hu everything is bad forever.
>>
>>53246132
>>53246140
Wait for 2hu to show up
SoM is actually probematic right now because it's basically still "spam ur strongest attack" with no variety like SoM.
>>
>>53246153
>spam ur strongest attack

This is different from regular Pathfinder how?
>>
>>53246178
I would say that "no different from regular Pathfinder" is a pretty good reason to throw it into garbage can. 3pp that doesn't offer anything new is just not worth the trouble, especially if it actually requires the GM and the players to read up on a new subsystem.
>>
File: meyanda.png (2MB, 1491x1863px) Image search: [Google]
meyanda.png
2MB, 1491x1863px
>>53244949
Iron Gods seems fairly close behind Second Darkness, but ol' SD is still in the lead...
>>
>>53246178
Now you see why it's shit.
>>
>>53245527
It everyone's responsibility to respect the session. If you cant commit to the given schedule then dont agree to join the fucking game. Its fucking inconsiderate for the rest of the group who do, and have to put up with your afk bullshit slowing the narrative down and being a unreliable in combat. There are half a dozen other apps that were passed on and I bet they wouldnt pull disappearing acts and treat the session like its a fucking play by post campaign.
>>
File: ee979f4d040935148a80146116175c1f.jpg (752KB, 2300x3200px) Image search: [Google]
ee979f4d040935148a80146116175c1f.jpg
752KB, 2300x3200px
>>53246153

The chain of posts starting here >>53212252 and the addenda here >>53212479 and here >>53220700 offer a reasonable summary of the situation.
>>
>>53246178
Literally the exact problem

Its just bigger numbers that don't change

For all PoW's problems, it at least FEELS like you're doing something different every round, SoP utterly lacks that
>>
>>53246004
>>53243488
>>53243507

More along the lines of, i need to put more emphasis on other things.

Basically, i hit a revelation, thanks to the review. her upbringing needs to have a bit more effect on her personality and her decision making process.

She is from Hermea. a very structured environment where everyone is given as much freedom as a gold dragon thinks they can handle. Danger is practically non-existent on island. And combat is something that takes up a period of PE.

In essence she's a lady who's fresh out of college with a Masters degree in Childcare and Psychology, with no idea how the real world works.

She probably has a warped perception of exactly what the Mwgani Expanse even is, thinking its like the Tame tropical jungles of Hermea. It'll be like getting payed for a class fieldtrip! Easy money, plus it might be interesting to see the wildlife or local color.
>>
So did anyone ever get a response from Temeria in PLD?

They supposedly finished their session yesterday, need to get them greentexts
>>
>>53246295
It's your fault if you play a bigdamage killeveryone build.
>>
>>53246347
Isn't a system a bad system if the single most effective design is the braindead spamming of a single action?

ISN'T THAT THE ENTIRE POINT OF 3PP TO MAKE MARTIALS NOT DO THAT?
>>
>>53246347
The first and greatest problem of martials is that they're fucking boring and their entire combat consists of 'five foot step spam full attack'. If all your 3pp / homebrew does is rename full attack why the fuck should I care?
>>
>>53246347
SoM is tuned for damage instead of utility, completely opposite of what was advertised.
>>
>>53246360
That's a problem inheent to the way Pathfinder.combat works. A dead enemy will always be less of a threat than one that's half-dead and debuffed.

When upwards of 60% of enemies are immune to most not overpowered debuffs, andnothing is immune to damage the choice of what to go for is obvious.
>>
>>53246296
SwimmingEagle, brother, there is a small little detail you're ignoring that could make her being there more natural.

What is Hermea? It's a nature preserve carefully crafted to provide optimal conditions for creating the ultimate Human. This not only means bringing in humans that can achieve this goal, but bringing in plants and animals that can achieve this goal; perhaps Amalthea is seeking a plant that kicks your fertility or virility into overdrive. Maybe she's seeking a plant that, when sprinkled into alcohol, allows you to drink as much as you want and suffer no hangover. Maybe she's seeking plants that enhance intelligence, or wakefulness, or the extract provides temporary low-light vision. Point is, The Expanse is a pharmaceutical cornucopia and Amalthea is in the prime position to be Hermea's representative in extracting said pharmaceuticals.

And hey, if you want to keep her firmly grounded as a nurse and psychologist, there are hundreds of tribes of varying success in the Expanse, maybe she wants to study their society and extract the best qualities of them for Hermea including mating habits.

Hell, and this is obvious, she could be seeing if Mengkare has missed any prime Human specimens in the Expanse that would aid the Grand Endeavor. Mengkare is old and mighty, but the Expanse is old and mighty too.
>>
>>53246535

You're a goddamn genius you know that?

She's still exiled there's no two ways around that... but maybe she's looking to try to buy her way back in. or at the very least stay on good terms with Hermea.
>>
>>53246527
Its not a problem for better subsystems, stop apologizing for its obvious problems
>>
>>53246382
>SoM is tuned for damage instead of utility
[citation needed]
>>
>>53246600
>alchemysphere.jpg
>>
>>53246535
>>53246296

Oh, just thought of another thing that factors into her whole "Mother" thing; start the campaign either freshly pregnant*, or not pregnant. Don't bring the kid, that's gross and dangerous. The Expanse is a jungle full of life and anger and spiritual power, a secondary objective of her trip to the Expanse could very well be to use her divine womb as a "soul magnet" and attract heroic or demigod souls that would have otherwise been lost to the jungle.

*I say this one with a lot of hesitation because the Expanse is full of hideous diseases and deadly plants that might either mutate your baby in all sorts of unsightly ways, if not miscarriage it right out.
>>
>>53246607
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>53246607
Alchemist fire is now a viable option past level 3. The tragedy.
>>
File: 1474655515829.png (436KB, 669x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1474655515829.png
436KB, 669x1100px
>>53246596
Path of War has the same problem with damage too.
>>
>>53246640
Not really.

Literally everything worth using as a damage dealer does "too much damage".
>>
>>53246608

I'll have to consider that idea, it is gross and dangerous. but i also kinda see it as being in character. In her mind, the perfect place for a child is in her sight or in her arms. And she's not wholly neglegent, she'd take at least some precautions.

Though it was also brought to my attention that an option for her goal is a sort of "I'll show em, I'll show em all!!" Type deal.

And going to The Expanse that "The Perfect Human" can be made OUTSIDE Hermea's borders. Giving good and wise Mengkare a giant ass middle finger in the process.
>>
>>53246608
>Mother

Is this the female equivalent of the Daddy?
>>
>>53246607
>>53246625
There is absolutely nothing wrong with SoM Alchemy.
>>
File: Kamen_Rider_2_(Shin).jpg (17KB, 180x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen_Rider_2_(Shin).jpg
17KB, 180x300px
I am going to need to get an Item made by a wizard or two. But I'm not sure how costly it will actually be or what slot it should be in, I kind of want it as a belt.

So, much like the Sleeves of Many Garments I'd like to make a belt for my character that uses Fabricate disguise instead of the Disguise self spell making it not an illusion & Bracer slot item. Probably enchant it with animate rope for good measure so it can tie itself on or something.

I see the prices and how to get prices for armor & Weapons but I might be blind because I cannot see other ones. I'm thinking it should be 2-3k but I'd like a second opinion.

Should it even be a belt? Is there a page I am missing? How much should it be?
>>
>>53246647
It's because damage is balanced against Save-Or-Fucked, as that's the alternative mechanic to damage, and it's completely binary.

A wiser game design would be cumulative debilitation; everything has resistances of varying levels (including of course none but virtually never actual immunity) and takes on worse and worse penalties as the stuff stacks. physical slowdown/reflex-loss rather than "paralyze or nothing", more and more and more and more poisoned, being both on fire AND wet, etc.

But, with On/Off SoLs the equivalence is "you miss, or they counter/parry, or they die".
>>
File: 1489376021186.jpg (151KB, 822x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489376021186.jpg
151KB, 822x1000px
>>53244949
We have a tie right now with SD and IG, the others seem to be lagging behind pretty badly now.
>>
>>53246814
Haha
>>
File: 0abb17a95970d469.gif (4MB, 280x158px) Image search: [Google]
0abb17a95970d469.gif
4MB, 280x158px
>>53242771

I'm literally 6 hours late because I went to uni right after posting my "review", but since I feel like you're here 24/7, I'll just throw this out here:

I agree that in ideal circumstances, the other players should know neither your character's backstory nor your personality. It's just much more fun to slowly discover more about the other character both IC and OOC at the same time. If the others know the intricacies of your backstory they might inquire IC just to not metagame, but they won't really care OOC since they know it already and will likely get bored; if they don't know about your backstory though, it'll be much more fun for everyone when you start revealing backstory or if the DM weaves it into the story. There's a night-and-day difference to the OOC enjoyment if the BBEG's general reveals himself as the father of one of the PCs if the party already knows this and if they don't.
For my own games I have the players keep both their backstories and their personalities secret and have made only positive experiences like this.

----

The DM however should definitely 100% know all about both your backstory and your personality. On the one hand an average to good DM will always work your backstory into the campaign. On the other hand you might have made mistakes, have plotholes or added stupid shit the DM doesn't want in his campaign.

---

Overall, for the application process this causes the whole issue you've been argueing about the past 2 threads. On the one hand you ideally don't want the other players to know your backstory. On the other you definitely do want the DM to know the backstory.

There's multiple ways to solve it and I feel like you've picked the worst unless you have secret correspondence with the DM. If you do, you've solved it perfectly.

The easiest ways to solve it are either to just say "fuck it" and post the entire backstory, not caring that a lot of actual fun is getting lost there. Or just PMing the DM your app.

1/2
>>
>>53246808
Amalthea is not only awash with motherly qualities, she's literally a mother.

Also, the equivalent would be MOMMY, not Mother.
>>
File: d0829b99.jpg (278KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
d0829b99.jpg
278KB, 600x600px
>>53242771
>>53246873

2/2

Another way would be to post your backstory but leaving out details. This however can quickly lead to either a boring backstory, or one with a lot of plotholes. It also doesn't really work for all backstories. If you're a good and confident writer I feel like this is the best option.

As a conclusion I'd say that if I was hosting a game and saw your app the hurdle to pick you would be a lot higher than for the others. Best case scenario would be that I like the personality (which I do) and then PM you asking you for a backstory. But that is more work than just reading over the other people's stuff so I might just not even bother asking you for your actual backstory if I have another 4 good apps. Asking for a backstory isn't only so you can see the person's backstory, but also to weed out stupid people and people you feel like you don't mesh with. I feel like, by just posting the personality you're closing a lot more doors than you're opening. The DM might pick you after all because it's entirely subjective, but you're hurting your chances with it.

That's my opinion atleast and if you PM'd the DM your backstory then you did everything perfectly and I wasted the last 5-10 minutes of my life.
>>
>>53246845
Why not combine the two?

The Drow, aided by a malicious artificial intelligence, are constructing a massive killsat designed to destroy Kyonin from orbit.
>>
File: 1493517896523.jpg (855KB, 830x1191px) Image search: [Google]
1493517896523.jpg
855KB, 830x1191px
>>53246885
Because I'm a lazy SoB, that's why. That and I've never ran an AP before, it's always been homebrew. I want to dip my toes in in a sense and see what all the fuss about APs are anyway.
>>
>>53246877
The term all of you are forgetting is MILF.

Don't forget: While the porn search keyword refers to people old enough to be your mom, the term technically states:
>Mother I'd Like to Fuck

That fucking hot co-ed cheerleader that just HAPPENS to have a kid?

That's a MILF.
>>
>>53246655
>>53246608
>>53246566
>>53246535
>>53246296

Thank you everybody. I swear i should ask you guys for help making every character. You gods you.
>>
>>53242375
How does one define pulpiness?
>>
I've been out of the loop for a while, what is Overlewd?
>>
>>53247026
No no, I know about MILFs and all that entails, I'm using a term common to 4chan called MOMMY which includes MILF and a whole bunch of other qualities that Amalthea has.

It's like why DADDY is different from DILF.

>>53246655
From a raunchier (aka more appropriate to the campaign) angle, not being pregnant means you can get pregnant later on maybe with fertility tattoos and all sorts of other shit.
>>
>>53247045
How likely are you to find it in an old pulp action flick, specifically one similar to Indiana Jones?
>>
>>53247045

Pulpiness is schlock, another way to say a character who can only exist in a comic strip because they're so outrageous. Pulp is the theatrical equivalent to hammy.

Your character isn't just a pharmacist, he's got white hair and thick glasses and a manic expression while working vibrantly colored liquids into small lozenge tablets, and he's exploring the Expanse because Fat Jack from the city needs a cure for his boneitis.
>>
>>53247059
You missed the memes so it doesn't matter
>>
>>53247073
>>53247093
So pulp exists in audacity, huh? Something like Yellow Peril or hardboiled detective would be right at home.
>>
>>53247115
Hardboiled Detective was BORN from pulp, so yes.
>>
>>53247115
>>53247122
Just make the King in Yellow
>>
>>53247122
What would be a good build from that, though? I was thinking Investigator (Relentless Inspector)/Vigilante (Gunmaster), if we go for flavour.
>>
>>53246296
This description is giving the Tropic Thunder vibes
>>
New thread:
>>53247288
>>53247288
>>53247288
>>53247288
>>53247288
>>53247288
>>
>>53246873
>>53246883
Yeah, I'm in here a lot recently, because I'm waiting around for something, and I'm also schmoozing for help sometimes.

Well, I'm currently waiting to see the DM on Discord, and I'll ask him.

I think you all make a good point about backstory, and I see what you mean. So on top of correcting the writing style here and there I'll wait for him to tell me how he wants it and if that means releasing the backstory, we'll see if I made a boring one. In any case, thanks; now on to making some real art.
>>
>>53247300
Either way good luck on getting picked. Feel like you're one of the better applicants.
>>
>>53247418
Thanks man. I'll need it because the DM got a bunch of applications in private, so you never know.

I might apply to Ironfangs.
>>
>>53247471
Can't hurt, really. AP's aren't too bad. AP or not you'll always be on some kind of predetermined path unless you're running straight sandbox.
>>
>>53247536
I'll see if I get in the other one before presenting the same character. Otherwise I might try to play both at once.
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.