[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the evil country or fortress of the villain so often in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 6.png (393KB, 511x573px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
393KB, 511x573px
Why is the evil country or fortress of the villain so often in an ice land or a volcano?
>>
>>53218076

Hostile places.
>>
>>53218095
In addition, people who live in shit holes are eager to invade and get better land
>>
File: Knightly_Last_Gesture.jpg (770KB, 1920x1306px) Image search: [Google]
Knightly_Last_Gesture.jpg
770KB, 1920x1306px
>>53218076
To expand upon >>53218095 think about what these environments represent. There is no greenery to provide enough sustenance for a society or life giving streams of water from which to slake ones thirst. In these regions there is only hardships and things local to the region are adapted to very specific niches.

What better way to show that you are a powerful threat not to be trifled with than to set-up base in a land that would kill most others who dare attempt to stay in it? Additionally such regions are a pain in the ass to build any kind of long term encampment in and act as easily defensible areas for those who survive long enough to be able to call it home.
>>
>>53218076
It would be a bit too close to home if they came out of a jungle or desert.
>>
File: 1485109417862.gif (949KB, 155x173px) Image search: [Google]
1485109417862.gif
949KB, 155x173px
>>53219182
ouch
>>
>>53219182
>It would be a bit too close to home if they came out of a jungle or desert.

So, did you forget that fictional villains have been crawling out of forgotten desert tombs and jungle temples since time immemorial?
>>
>>53218076
Ice and fire are inherently evil elements.
>>
>>53218076
Because stories usually start with the adventurer(s) leaving their home or somewhere safe and green that's easy to leave in. The villain, who you'll usually meet at the end of the story, is the antithesis of the place the adventurer left. So rather than being comforting, the environment is instead dangerous and unassailable.
>>
Hell motifs. Frozen lake/Fire and Brimstone.
>>
>>53218076
>those places attract evil overlords
>evil overlords are attracted to those places
>those places cause evil overlords
>evil overlords cause those places

Take your pick.
>>
File: importance_spirit04[1].jpg (201KB, 1276x526px) Image search: [Google]
importance_spirit04[1].jpg
201KB, 1276x526px
>>53218076
>Why is the evil country or fortress of the villain so often in an ice land or a volcano?
>>
>>53218076
Cheap housing.
>>
>>53221615
This.
>>
Hostile environments make for strong people, Perfect for goons of the evil overlord
>>
File: Frost Mage by Dan Scott2x.png (419KB, 640x735px) Image search: [Google]
Frost Mage by Dan Scott2x.png
419KB, 640x735px
>>53218076
You have posted Mialee after a prestige class progression OP. What?
>>
>>53222385
That's Mialee? I thought it was just a random elf.
>>
>>53218076
Because social justice warriors don't like either of those things.
>>
>>53221615
>be poor student
>can only afford rent for a windowless 10x10ft chamber three levels under a volcanic cave system
>share it with three orc roommates to help make payments.
>They're chill, they seem to be used to it
>have to scootch past like five deadly traps and a roper nest on the way home from class
>well I guess you can't fail an inspection if the inspector never makes it out
>we scrape by somehow
>sometimes overhear landlord ranting about some kind of plan
>whatever
>at least I'm not on the street
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.