[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is going to be long, and I'm going to sound like a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: wotIQLT.png (393KB, 493x578px) Image search: [Google]
wotIQLT.png
393KB, 493x578px
This is going to be long, and I'm going to sound like a faggot. I'm sorry.

I've been DMing pathfinder with the same group for around four years now and we've never finished a campaign. They never level up whwn I ask them too, none of them ever know how their class works, one guy had to have someone else keep his character sheet, etc. But this year we couldnt finish because my life fucking fell apart, but everyone is acting like I let THEM down.

Like, I get it. I asked too much of them. I asked them to keep track of a piece of paper, to occasionally go to a website or ask me for a book so they could make minor changes to saud paper. I asked them to show up on time. I'm sorry.

But I lost my mental healthcare coverage when my insurance changed in January. I can't afford my normie pills. So yeah, my schedule got erratic. I flunked out of school. And I spent three days working on a new map of my world nonstop. So it was hard to get you. I let you down this time. Not that you were any better about showing up on time or keeping up with your character sheet. But yeah, I'm a bad DM. I didnt hold up my part of the bargain. And I'm sorry we never got to solve the mystery of that mimic infested castle, or figure out who that old homeless guy was. I hope you guus find plenty of people to play with now that you've all graduated. Maybe they'll be better about making you tow the line.

>Tl:dr do any of you guys have experience using lego as minis for dnd or pathfinder? And where can i buy bulk lego minis for less than the cost of both my kidneys?
>>
>>53214586
>But I lost my mental healthcare coverage when my insurance changed in January
Thanks Obama, even ttrpgs got fucked because of you.
>>
>>53214586
Lego isn't cheap. People make a living being resellers for collectors. Hope you get lucky on eBay, but that's it.

The cheap option for minis is paper standees. Look up on YouTube 'cardstock miniatures' for guides and such.
>>
>>53214586

RPGs work like every other social structure. Take for example highschool, university and people at your work place. As years go by people leave, new people come in. You alienate from certain people or they leave because you stop having things in common.

When I started playing rpgs there were around 20 people and 5-6 different gaming groups I knew and played with. Now 10 years later I'm playing with only one group that consist of 3 old guys (we are friends for around 8 years.) and one new guy that came into gaming around 2-3 years ago.

I lost touch with everyone else. We didn't leave on bad terms. It is just we didn't have many things at common and as times goes by everyone went their way.

Now you shouldn't take rps too seriously. They can suck energy and life out of you. You can burnout very easily. Your players are type that take it somewhat to extreme with taking it easy. they should show at least some effort.

I don't agree with them being cunts and blaming you because of your mood getting erratic because of your life spiraling down the drain right now. I wouldn't call that kind of person your friend.

It took me a long time to find a good group. and it took even longer for that group to form in its current shape. Also it isn't perfectly automated engine. In current group there is this guy who is my polar opposite. He is erratic while I'm meticulous. He will do random shit while I'm always trying to have a plan. He is rebel at heart while I'm loyal servant of an empire. But we can play together while in the past we couldn't stand each other and wouldn't want to play in same group.

So don't lose hope anon. You'll find a group that is willing to compromise with you (but you also need to compromise with them)
>>
>>53214586
I get that feeling. You didn't let them down anon, you just had shitty friends that didn't respect you. Find a better group and you'll never look back.

For minis, standees are the way to go. Using LEGO isn't cheap and it doesn't look good.
>>
A thread died for this moaning myopic millennial.
>>
>>53215735

Hey look. A cunt appeared and his need to post was stronger that need to post something constructive.
>>
>>53214586
>I'm going to sound like a faggot.
>I've been DMing pathfinder
Your prediction was accurate.
>>
>>53214586
Charity shops are good but you practically have to camp out there the stuff gets snapped up so fast
>>
just use paper miniatures. Little printer ink and you are golden.
>>
>>53214586
>Pathfinder
Maybe they would have had an easier time with a simpler system
>>
>>53216895

after 4 years? You really need to be a doofus.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.