[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a system that is good at simulating ridiculously high

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Rhapsody.jpg (485KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Rhapsody.jpg
485KB, 1000x1000px
Is there a system that is good at simulating ridiculously high fantasy western Light Against Darkness clichefests?
>>
Pathfinder
>>
>>53212420
D&D and its like aren't really like that. They're focused on nigh-omnipotent magic users in a weird fantasy setting, not on mighty warriors clad in golden armor riding down armies of demons as the prophecy foretold.
>>
>>53212380
Maybe high level DCC?
>>
>>53212380
FOR THE KING
FOR THE LAND
FOR THE MOUNTAIN
>>
>>53213538
FOR THE GREEN VALLEYS WHERE DRAGONS FLY
FOR THE GLORY, THE POWER
TO WIN THE BLACK LORD
I WILL SEARCH FOR THE EMERALD SWOOOOOORD
>>
File: 3.jpg (33KB, 400x549px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
33KB, 400x549px
land of immortals is the most epic song ever
>>
>>53212444
Sounds like Exalted Dragon Blooded.
Magic system is shit so players are pretty encouraged to stick with weapons. The fighting styles with weapons can be magical so you can do stuff like use earth magic to sense when a enemy is nearby.
It also encourages tactics and fighting together by giving bonuses when you work as a team.

Lore for the dragon blooded is pretty badass but I strongly recommend changing some lore stuff since it IS whitewolf. For example the Earth is a woman, the sun is a man, and the moon is a hermaphrodite that is a lover to both.

>Be warriors made by dragons to be the massive army of the gods
>Slay demons which are actually the fallen old gods.
>Kick the ass of demons while being led by golden angel people.
>Golden angels were made by the gods to be our generals and are much stronger.
>Gods leave and put angels in charge of the world.
>Angels fuck around and eventually start being cruel careless leaders.
>Realize we outnumber them a fuck tone and can take them together.
>Kick their ass and put our own empress in charge of a chunk of the world.
>She's really weird and calls herself emperor and kills anyone who refers to her as a woman [because whitewolf]
>Reincarnations of golden angels pop up every now and then and we have to try to stomp them dead.
>Demons break out of their barrier every now and then and we have to kick their asses again too.

There is a separate book where you can play as the golden angel people that are actually called Solars. I personally have no interest in being a misunderstood super powerful warrior trying to prove I'm good in a world that "Woah is me!" Sees me as evil. It's just edgelord fodder.

They also have books to play sidereals people who were made by the gods to watch over the threads of fate. They ask for help or you can play one and do shit yourself. Or you can play fey from the magic wild edges of the world. But they are the most powerful to the point it is boring.
>>
>>53212380
No... but there should be!
>>
>>53212380
If your ok with rules light you could make your own easy with Savage Worlds. Or by altering any number of games to be brighter.
>>
>>53214000
Savage Worlds also has some pretty good mass combat rules, if you want to be the golden dude on a dragon leading the armies of light into battle against darkness.
>>
Isn't Godbound kind of like that?
>>
Saw Rhapsody live in Montreal about 5 years ago. Not quite as good as seeing blind guardian, but pretty close
>>
grab 5e and multiply some things, like jumping distance, increase ability score by one each turn and stuff like that
>>
>>53213706
>"Woah is me!"
I hate to be the baron of bad news . . .
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.