[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can hardly wait for the upcoming abortion of a sequel to Fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: som.png (148KB, 1236x433px) Image search: [Google]
som.png
148KB, 1236x433px
I can hardly wait for the upcoming abortion of a sequel to Fuck Tolkien: The Game so that you fuckasses from /v/ can once again ruin any Tolkien discussions with your "lore" insight.
>>
>>53210799
Anon, you seem to be o the wrong board, we talk about tabletop games here.

You might have more luck over on /v/.
>>
>>53210799
Tolkienfags literally believe Tolkien invented fantasy though so you kind of have to be Fuck Tolkien; I do feel bad for his legacy but the hardcore Tolkien fans are some of the worst fans going.
>>
File: 1354373537398.jpg (179KB, 589x564px) Image search: [Google]
1354373537398.jpg
179KB, 589x564px
>>53210799
The game was fine, and the theme of 'vengeance destroys you and turns you into the monster Steve' is something Tolkien would probably approve of. It's just a non-canon video game at the end of the day though.

>so you kind of have to be Fuck Tolkien
>pic related

Tolkien's legacy is fine, and diehard Tolkien fans are generally fine too. Usually they argue with each other about the Children of Hurin or some shit, it's only passing fans that make that claim, because actual hardcore fans know each and every influence he had when writing. Though your salt is enjoyable.
>>
>>53210799

The only problem that tolken would have with this as long as its obviously stated as non canon is that its an action game.
>>
>>53211940
Yeah except it violates the canon, retard.
>>
>>53212203
That's what "non-canonical" means anon
>>
File: 1252845019973.gif (2MB, 214x193px) Image search: [Google]
1252845019973.gif
2MB, 214x193px
>>53212203
Thats exactly why its a non-cannon game dippu shittu

I was actually impressed with how slowly and easily this game gaped my lore-anus. At first it was some small inconsistencies and set stuff. "Eh its a game" I thought to myself. Gradually they introduced more and more bullshit, but whatever the gameplay was fun, and the nemesis system was incredible. Gollum showed up and I was able to say, "well he WAS iconic in the movies, I cant blame them for a LOOK REMEMBER THIS LotR GUY cameo. But gradually it just ramped up and up and up, never enough to make me mad enough to start playing. Because, well compared to the last thing it wasnt that bad right? Then, after the final story event, and the ultimate FUCK YOU to the lore is presented, the game is over. In the vaccum I finally realized how utterly raped and cast aside my concern for the lore was.

Im not even mad, and like a battered spouse I look forward to the next installment in the series.
>>
>>53213773
>never enough to make me mad enough to start playing
So you never played?
>>
>>53214702

mad enough to stop* playing

What a worthless (you)
>>
>>53210799
It has Orcs with hypemen

why wouldn't you by it?

Also the devs confirmed that olog hais can and will kill you with their hypemen by throwing them
>>
>>53210799
Most of my friends are super into Tolkien, one can quote the books from memory, and we all thought Shadow of Mordor fits very well into the Legendarium. Like the events of the game (and Bright Lord) are things we can picture as having actually happened in the setting. Though it's a lot more Silmarilion than Lord of the Rings in feel, since Ghostelfagorn's stealth-murder rampage is metal as fuck. We're hype for Shadow of War, that it be even more metal.
>>
>>53210799
I'm glad people are deciding to fuck with Tolkien's lore directly. It's been held up as something precious and untouchable for way too long, so it's nice to see something different.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.