[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you were transported to a classic D&D world tomorrow,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: zYfH4vo.jpg (603KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
zYfH4vo.jpg
603KB, 1600x1000px
If you were transported to a classic D&D world tomorrow, (Krynn, Abeir-Toril, etc) what class would you become and what would you do?
>>
>>53205834
Warlock, cause I'm so crap at everything else I would have to beg a demon for help
>>
>>53205834
I'd be a human lich in 2 weeks tops.
>>
File: prikolnullnaa_fotopodborka_34_48.jpg (153KB, 750x1486px) Image search: [Google]
prikolnullnaa_fotopodborka_34_48.jpg
153KB, 750x1486px
Let us be honest, here: we would all be Human Experts. OP's situation said only that we are transported to a fantasy world, not that we suddenly learn a bunch of abilities. Thus we would be exactly the same thing there as we are here.
>>
File: 80_marcellus_st01.png (370KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
80_marcellus_st01.png
370KB, 640x480px
>>53205834
Since I have pretty high CON and STR irl I'd study any magic I could and hire a someone to train me in basic sword fighting to become a Wizard/Fighter. I'd try to get a decent paying job that would let me travel a lot, maybe as guard on an airship or something. I'd spend my days exploring and swashbuckling, maybe even get a qt monster girl gf. I figure if I'm given this opportunity to go to a new world I would live my new life to the fullest
>>
>>53205834
Is this a You become the class by the same magic that transported you deal or are we forced to go through the training required to become that class

Because Wizard either way
>>
Commoner, because I can balance my imagination with basic common sense
>>
File: IllegalAliens.jpg (9KB, 239x210px) Image search: [Google]
IllegalAliens.jpg
9KB, 239x210px
>>53205834
>Be from 2017
>Not immediately becoming a Cleric of Gond and rushing mass production and muskets
>Not becoming a Cleric of Gond and reinventing the basic steam engine
>Not becoming a Cleric of Gond and introducing the idea of Artificial Evolution
>Not becoming a Cleric of Gond and subtly advocating Social Darwinism
>Not becoming a Cleric of Gond and whipping up hate towards worshippers of Dumathoin
>Not putting the dwarves in the ghetto
>Not sending them to work camps to make Gnomeland Great Again
>Not executing them en masse because now you're fighting a war on two fronts
>Not being fought back to your capital city, where you're forced to hide in a bunker and wonder where it all went wrong
>Not putting a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger
>Not giving gnomish /pol/ someone to worship like a god when they want to be edgy
>>
I would cheat and bring an annoying water godess to help me.
>>
some kind of filthy peasant, slave, or just street trash. I literally don't know how to do anything but play videogames, read, and write 2-5 page academic essays. You might think my college education would make me an expert, but real-world history, philosophy, and anthropology probably don't apply to the average DnD setting, and even if they did it's not like i have royal connections to ever be heard by other scholars instead of being thought of a some insane outlander. A medieval street urchin is more valuable to society than me.
>>
>>53207993
You ould pretend to be an schoolar from distant lands and try to get a job in a school.
>>
>>53205834

Psion, and I'd start building xp to plane shift and come back here with my fucking powers.
>>
>>53205834
Which class would best help you to bang some of the Pathfinder chicks? Probably some kind of caster? I'd be that class and I think you know what I'd be up to.
>>
>>53207936
I thought Gond suppressed shit like black powder because he knew what it could do and hated the idea of innovation being used to cause death and destruction on that level.
>>
The "guy who dies within 5 minutes" class
>>
>>53205834
It really depends on the setting and what edition the setting is based on.
>>
>>53208131
Gond only suppresses gunpowder made by dudes who don't worship him.
>>
Kobold fighter god damnit
>>
>>53205834
scout or rogue mixed with some transmutation or illusion specialization wizard, then into some OP snowflake prestige class cuz im special

I would go to some CG forest city like silverymoon or any elf land and do my best to integrate with the locals, then id spent my time training, exploring, and adventuring
>>
I dunno. Does modern firearm marksmanship translate over to say, crossbows at all? I might be able to play a ranged class.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.