[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have a set of house rules when gaming, anon? Not the rules

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 13

File: dumb lesbians.png (139KB, 800x846px) Image search: [Google]
dumb lesbians.png
139KB, 800x846px
Do you have a set of house rules when gaming, anon? Not the rules you make up for the game, but the ones for the table and home where people are gaming. I usually stick to these:

>no mobile devices
>no pen or pencil tapping
>no food on the table unless it's snack time
>everyone must use a coaster, no exceptions
>do not throw the dice across the room
>do not bend cards
>do not flick counters
>>
>no mobile devices
>he doesn't use the glorious anti-cheating-faggot measure that is a dice-roller app

>coasters
OH NO
YOU'VE DONE IT NOW OP
>>
I have some basic rules

>players must be able to do 5 pushups or run a 5k
>must be able to write in cursive
>must be able to drive or ride a bike
>no new rocks, converse, crocs or skechers
>no tracksuits, sweatpants, tighty-whities or t-shirts
>no backpacks or fanny packs

That helps get rid of fatties, children and special ed kids
>>
>>53198478
...you could just ban the things you don't like directly instead of trying to ban stereotypes you associate with them.
>>
>>53198478
How would you check someone's underwear?
Also do you change the no T-shirts rule in summer?
>>
>>53198537
>How would you check someone's underwear?

Anyone who won't show off their boxers to their bro isn't comfortable in their masculinity

>Also do you change the no T-shirts rule in summer?

Short sleeve shirts are a thing dipshit, get some fashion sense
>>
>>53198478
What's wrong with sweatpants? They're comfy.
>>
>>53198596
if you're too fat to wear normal pants

Session zero in my games takes place over multiple events

1) Test of Fitness - pushups or timed 5k. Running shoes permitted. No sneakers or "sk8r shoez". Kit is proper running shoes, track shorts, singlet.

2) Test of Virility - all contestants drop trou and grapple in the ring of judgment. If you are attuned with the mighty Spartoi or proud men of Hellas and thus grapple skyclad as in the Olympic Pankration, bonus XP is awarded.

3) Creation of characters - 3d6 down the line drop lowest.
>>
>>53198686
Only after these trials can the games begin. The strong and virile sit at my table, the weak are left on a wolf-infested hillside like a Spartan baby.
>>
>>53198718
>>53198686
What if the players want to point buy?
>>
>>53198686
>3) Creation of characters - 3d6 down the line drop lowest.

I believed it until this part.
>>
>>53198686
>3) Creation of characters - 3d6 down the line drop lowest.

Fuck off
>>
>>53198350
Listen when the GM is talking.
Keel off-topic discussions to a bare minimum during game time.
Don't be a dick.
You may only consume up to 2 alcoholic beverages during game time. After the session has concluded you're free to drink yourself into a coma.

That's really all I've ever needed.
>>
>>53198478
I'm adopting these. Fuck man-childeren and retards.
>>
>>53198760
Point buy is to wrest creation from the hands of the divine. One is not master of one's own fate. The roll of the dice is part of the ritual.
>>
>>53198760
They get kicked? Run your own god damn game if you want to pussy pick attribrutes
>>
>>53198801
Be sure to include the grappling. A man who won't strip to his underwear, oil up with sacred unguents and grapple beneath the eyes of mighty Zeus is no man.
>>
>>53198787
> You may only consume up to 2 alcoholic beverages during game time. After the session has concluded you're free to drink yourself into a coma.

THIS! No, you are not more creative, or more in character, or funny, or interesting when you are so drunk you can barely stand. It does not "enhance the experience." It detracts from it for the rest of us who have to deal with your slobbering, incoherent, bumbling mess.

While game is going on, a small buzz is ok, but stay mostly sober and coherent. After the game, if you want to go at it so hard you end up a complete mess we leave on the floor of the bathroom, and you wake up two days later, go right ahead.

This goes for getting high too.
>>
>>53198881
I prefer another rule

If you drink, you match the GM drink for drink.
>>
>>53198350

>We're playing in a game store, so keep the language PG-13: not my rule, the store owners demand it in case kids are around
>No phones, laptops, or vidyas at the table, that's just common courtesy
>In addition to running your character, you're probably going to have a side-job: the mapper maps, the banker keeps track of party funds, the quartermaster keeps track of party inventory, and the caller relays to the referee where everyone is and who's doing what (speeds gameplay tremendously by cutting down on redundancy, contradiction, players shouting over each other with actions, and That One Guy who doesn't want you to notice that he's apparently teleporting around so that he can participate in every action and scene)
>>
>>53198478

Don't they not even teach cursive anymore in places?
>>
>>53198478
>no backpacks
Man what problem do you have with people carrying shit
>>
>>53198350
I disqualify at the first. Unless pager is ok. Do they even make those anymore?
>>
>>53198881
I only adopted the rule because I'm guilty of getting too drunk at games myself.
>>
>>53198350
>>everyone must use a coaster, no exceptions

Our table is in the center of the room, and along the wall on both sides of the table, is a shelf/bar.

>No drinks on the table. Ever. Reach behind you to get a drink.
>>
>>53199400
You only need a backpack if you're camping or going to school.

Briefcases, duffel bags, carrier bags or satchels are all permitted.
>>
>>53198478
DC Shoes okay though?
>>
>>53198587
>Anyone who won't show off their boxers to their bro isn't comfortable in their masculinity
>Anyone who isn't man enough to demonstrate how they like to get their dick sucked, isn't comfortable in their masculinity.
wat?
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (7KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
7KB, 320x180px
>>53198478
>TFW u meet the requirements
>>
>>53198478
>>must be able to drive or ride a bike
You're putting those at the same level? Are you American?
>>
>>53198478
I have a question regarding writing in cursive:
Can I just write that you should fuck off, or will it need to be a full page detailing the reasons for you to fuck off, as well as the manner in which you may do so?
>>
File: IMG_0107.jpg (55KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0107.jpg
55KB, 630x630px
>>53198808
This guy gets it
>>
>>53199064
They have stopped teaching it in many places, I wasn't taught it in school.
>>
>>53198787
I think a time-based drink limit would make more sense. A 3 hours session is a bit different from a 7 hours session. 1 drink per hour/hour-and-a-half maybe?
>>
>>53199502
Probably, although I think the point is that they aren't relying on rides from other people to get to game.
>>
>>53198350
I HAVE ONE RULE
>>
>>53199548
What is it?
>>
>>53199502
The way things are set up in America, it's practically impossible to function as a productive adult if you can't drive. There are exceptions, like bigger cities, but the vast majority of places basically require you to have a car. Lacking even a driver's license is a telltale sign of NEET-hood in America.
>>
File: carrier bag.png (902KB, 1400x758px) Image search: [Google]
carrier bag.png
902KB, 1400x758px
>>53199473
>this is preferable to a backpack
How gay are you?
>>
>>53199509
If you have issue, air your grievances to the group and we shall grapple until one side wins. Defeat me and prove yourself worthy of being an instrument of revolution.
>>
>>53198587
>Anyone who won't show off their boxers to their bro isn't comfortable in their masculinity
I'm fine dropping trou, but I go commando 365 days a year, just so you're prepared. I live in northern Minnesota if you were wondering.
>>
>>53199487
Are you calling the Greeks unmanly?

The pankration was fought naked.
>>
>>53199064
>Don't they not even teach cursive anymore in places?
It's a pointless skill. They don't teach kids how to craft buggy whips either.
>>
>>53199578
All the better for the feats of strength. We, the inner circle, shall apply the unguents to those facing the trials.
>>
>>53199609
>We, the inner circle, shall apply the unguents to those facing the trials.
I wasn't really on board before but now I would like to play in your game.
>>
>>53199564
He wants players to wrestle naked for him.

He's pretty fuckin' gay.

If he replies to me, his next line will be to insult my masculinity and/or confidence.
>>
>>53199563
Yeah, that's why I'm wondering. Here in Europe you'd usually rather go by bus even if you have the car, because good fucking luck getting parking spot in the city.
It becomes a necessity if you live in the countryside of have kinds though.
>>
>>53199662
You are probably a Roman or some other barbarian.
>>
>>53199518
So how do you write? In comic sans?
>>
>>53199684
>So how do you write?
With a keyboard.
>>
>>53199473
>requires people to know how to ride a bike
>I ride a bike to the game
>with a backpack filled with food
>his palms get sweaty when he sees me
>his eyes widen
>suddenly, he bursts screaming
>MUH RUUUUUURUUUUS, GET OUT NERD, REEEEEEEE
>>
>>53199697
Are you telling me that you can not write with a pen? How do you even fill a character sheet?
>>
>>53199473
Troll confirmed
>>
>>53199723
Do you fill in your character sheet in cursive?
>>
>>53199684
This is /tg/, I write in Papyrus.
>>
>>53199583
They were also gay as a matter of pride
>>
>>53199567
Is there a required writing length or not?
>>
>>53199743
I threw up just a little.
Quality bait.
>>
>>53199723
>How do you even fill a character sheet?
I make a form-fillable PDF and fill that in.

With a keyboard.
>>
>>53198478
>That helps get rid of special ed kids
And yet here you are.
>>
>>53199064
I went to school in the 90s, and they quit teaching that shit a year or two after my class. That's roughly the last time I ever needed to write anything with a pencil anyway.
>>
>>53198478
You must have arms like spaghetti if you think these are anywhere near equivalent. I'm a 300+ lbs fatty, but I can do significantly more than 5 pushups.

Only people 25 and up? That's fine.

I feel for anyone who doesn't even know how to ride a bike.

I don't even know what any of those are, but I don't own any new shoes at all.

Aaand you lost me. Do you have a minimum in inches of make up for people to join in, as well?
>>
>>53198478
Okay so what if my boxers are kinda cum stained. Is that okay?
>>
>>53198478
>>players must be able to do 5 pushups or run a 5k
There is a huge difference in the fitness required to do these two tasks. Up the number of push ups if you want this to be relevant.

Also I'm a fat ass but I run a 5k every weekday. You fucked up kid.
>>
>>53198478
>>must be able to write in cursive
Only children know how to write in cursive because you're taught in grade school and promptly never do it again. I only relearned for my signature.
>>
>>53200124
>Also I'm a fat ass but I run a 5k every weekday.

Something's wrong with you.

>>53200135
Shit memory
>>
>>53199524
That would make sense if I didn't lose track of time nearly constantly. I find it easier to just trust the players to keep track themselves, I've already got a lot to keep track of.
>>
>>53200144
>Something's wrong with you.
I enjoy running. I always enjoy eating like a fat pig. I ain't round but I am overweight for sure. Going on like 225.
>>
>>53200124
>There is a huge difference in the fitness required to do these two tasks.
ditto for the "bike or car" one
>>
My rules

>You have to at least be normie adjacent
>Nothing lewd
>No playing on your phone or 3DS
>No Joke Characters
>>
>>53200188
The point of that one isn't fitness, numbnuts
>>
>>53198350
>If you wanna drink, I'll allow it as long as it's in moderation and it' nothing heavy.
>Unless you're new to the class you're playing or the system I will not look up information for you.
>No playing music with lyrics. Nothing more distracting than shitty rap.
>Don't bring your emotional baggage/drama to the table. We're here to have fun not have the mood spoiled.
>No Magical Realm shit.
>>
>>53198350
>no food on the table unless it's snack time

>not having the table covered in food and people share and help themselves
>>
>no "thingies"
>>
>>53198686
>3) Creation of characters - 3d6 down the line drop lowest

That shit is dumb as fuck, however I have a question for the non-retarded itt. I enjoy the randomness of rolling for states but point buy generally gives players lower stats. So what I want to know is their a way to roll for states and maintain a generally lower set of stats for players?

The problem is one of my groups is pure cancer, one of the players literally made a "lol I'm a bear" character, but everyone rolled pretty normally except for one player rolled three 18s for in his stats the other don't go below 14. He has ruined the game because he is the best at everything, He, as a barbarian, is more intelligent than the wizard, more charismatic than the bard, and more dexterous than the rouge. How can I stop that shit from happening in future games.

Also if anyone is interested, no I can not leave the group or disband it because the group is made up of my girlfriend and her college friends and she doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings or "lose friends" because I don't want to DM for them anymore.
>>
Fap under the table, not above.
>>
>>53200452
>He has ruined the game because he is the best at everything, He, as a barbarian, is more intelligent than the wizard, more charismatic than the bard, and more dexterous than the rouge. How can I stop that shit from happening in future games.
Stop using systems where your stats account for 90% of your character's ability to influence events within the game environment.
>>
>>53198587
>short sleeve collared shirts
>fashion

Oh boy you dunnit
>>
>>53198478
>>no tracksuits, sweatpants, tighty-whities or t-shirts
Is going topless an option?
>>
If you get really drunk or high and do something stupid, no take backs.

We are in this together, but this is mostly about you guys.

If you are having an unfun time, tell me and we will work out how to make it fun again.
>>
>>53198787
I like all of your rules, but the drinking one is a bit sticky. I drink a lot and I'm a big guy, 2 drinks does essentially nothing to me, and what's more is I sometimes have a lot of difficulty loosening up enough to be a good GM. Being a little drunk helps me relax and not worry so much about whether or not I'm doing a good job. I agree that you shouldn't get drunk drunk at a game: if it becomes a problem I just remove the player or end the session; I once kicked a guy out because he wouldn't ever be sober enough to okay after an hour, But everyone else got the hint. Weed though, is 100% banned, I've never seen anyone including myself be anything but a sleepy bore while playing high.
>>
>>53200452
Having one player have high stats isn't a huge issue.

What he's got 18 INT compared to the wizzards 16-17? That's a +1 difference, and I can tell you after items and level progression, the wizard will have more INT in the end. Same goes for everyone else. Especially since it's a barbarian anyway. If he doesn't have any caster levels, he's not going to be doing much with a high INT, he won't be sneak attacking regardless of his DEX.

>tl;dr worry about your own character and what you're capable of, pussy
>>
File: 2720_1.jpg (137KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
2720_1.jpg
137KB, 728x409px
>>53198350
> Do you have a set of house rules when gaming, anon?
"Don't be a dick about things you don't like."
"Don't be obnoxious about things you like."
This is pretty much it.
My players are fucking adults, for fuck's sake, and I expect them to be able to uphold them to the standards of human dignity without me explicitly throwing the RURUS at them.

The real question here, though, is why the fuck do you feel the need to explicitly throw rules at people?
Are you so socially inept that you have to resort to the X-card equivalent? Or are your players so socially inept that they don't understand when they are being shitters? If so, why the fuck do you continue playing with them, you limp-wristed faglord?
>>
>>53198808
Ok, but after all this we ARE playing an high-mortality sword and sandal with extra godly dickings, metaphorical and not, aren't we?
>>
>>53200625
>The real question here, though, is why the fuck do you feel the need to explicitly throw rules at people?
>Are you so socially inept that you have to resort to the X-card equivalent? Or are your players so socially inept that they don't understand when they are being shitters? If so, why the fuck do you continue playing with them, you limp-wristed faglord?
OP doesn't actually play RPGs, dum-dums.
>>
>>53198350
I've always felt that if people are on their phones for impractical reasons, the GM must be doing a poor job.
>>
>>53200261
My group usually eats before the session, either individually or throwing in on a pizza.
>>
File: 1494115110886.jpg (7KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1494115110886.jpg
7KB, 128x128px
>>53200169

> 225 is overweight

Manlet detected.
>>
>>53200452
>three 18s

Dude's cheating.
>>
File: BMI-Chart.gif (113KB, 600x388px) Image search: [Google]
BMI-Chart.gif
113KB, 600x388px
>>53200724
>>
File: bmi-chart.png (26KB, 852x738px) Image search: [Google]
bmi-chart.png
26KB, 852x738px
>>53200724
225 at 6'0" is obese. 210 is overweight.
>>
>>53198350
Usually, my only rule is no cell phones. The reason for that is I had a player who I think had legitimate ADHD, and the temptation to get on his phone while playing was too strong.
Otherwise my players are okay enough that I don't have to hammer down anything drastic. Perhaps just wait for me to finish when I'm describing something, before asking questions.
>>
>>53200724
225 is even overweight at 6'4 anon, unless you're a bodybuilder.
>>
>>53200820
That's pretty much nonsensical.

t. 6' 0" @ 220 pounds
>>
File: r u srs.jpg (34KB, 613x757px) Image search: [Google]
r u srs.jpg
34KB, 613x757px
>>53198478
Do you also require them to be able to ride a horse?
>>
>>53198881
You must be from SoCal, they're the only people I can think of who would rate 2 drinks as incoherently drunk
>>
>>53200964

You must be from Pakistan, because only by being that foreign would you fail in reading like this.

Hint: they allow 2. It is the 3rd that is forbidden.
>>
>>53198478
>no t-shirts

Nigger what
>>
>>53201060
They play shirtless. Players take damage by having paperclips shot at them. You heal players by rubbing their chests down with olive oil
>>
>>53200899
It's weird how most people don't know how to ride horses.

But then again I suck at cursive writing.

t. cowboy
>>
>>53199735
Well yes I do.
Outside of America it's cursive or nothing anon. I did not need to write in non-cursive since I left the kindergarten.
>>
I can't the the only person that thinks it's autistic to need a bunch of rules rather than feel out some basic social boundaries. Only the most insufferable manchildren will not adapt to the social climate they are in, so 99% of screening for people is just being mature, having modest expectations, and discretely moving away from people that cross a lot of lines. That's overall a much better way of establishing good manners than "He likes/wears X, REEEEEEEEEEEE"

Besides, as much as every one of you would like to pretend you are tabletop virtuosos with a waiting list people contesting for a position in your life, most people play tabletop games because they are warm bodies. Coming up with fantasies of having gamers lined up to serve you like you're a princess that has come of age and seeks a suitor isn't going to somehow make the average gamer you meet in real life more pleasant company.
>>
>>53201202
>I can't the the only person that thinks OP was serious

Turns out you're right.
>>
>>53199064
Good for filtering out the underage faggots then.
>>
>>53201164
I write in a bastard half script. Except when I write in Latin, in which case I use big blocky letters because it's authentic.
>>
>>53201207
It's not just the OP. These threads have been reposted for weeks, and pretending to be idiots attracts idiots who believe to be in good company. Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
File: 1478137915721.png (175KB, 570x558px) Image search: [Google]
1478137915721.png
175KB, 570x558px
>>53200509
Don't play shit systems, noted could you give me some suggestions?

>>53200614
>compared to the wizzards 16-17?
try the wizards 13, everyone else rolled hilariously badly
>tl;dr worry about your own character and what you're capable of, pussy
I'm the DM, fuck you, I want everyone to have fun and if this one player is curb stomping the challenge so no one else gets a chance to shine, that is a fucking problem I want to fix.

>>53200795
pic related
>>
>>53200899
Seriously tho do americans see cursive as some unattainable skill?
Are they aware that there are country where cursive is the norm? I don't even know how to write in non-cursive desu famalan. Overall cursive is better for writing anyway.
>>
>>53200819
>>53200820
Those charts are retarded, I'm 6' 3" and 195 pounds, according to those charts I'm almost over weight even though I look almost too fucking skinny by almost all standards.
>>
>>53201291
What if we allowed the player or DM some control of the characters attributes? Like if they were playing a wizard, they could prioritize intelligence. Of course, you would have to make sure that they couldn't have high stats on average and that some would be medium or low scores. That way, the players would be more fairly challenged.

Either you accept your "problem" as a part of the game just like the "roll3d6 down line u pussy XD" crowd, or you use the obvious solutions available.
>>
>>53201291
Don't pay D&D dumbshit
>>
>>53198350
> No phones.
Three strikes, then your phone goes into a box out of sight, turned off.
Laptops are okay; all the books are on there anyway.
> No other games at the table
> Don't interrupt the GM, and let them finish.
> Stop fucking talking when the GM's saying something important
This one and the previous one are enforced by nerf gun. Shut up or get shot.
> If you handwrite anything, be prepared to translate your handwriting on demand

Don't need a rule on drinking, this is britain. People know how and when to handle their drink.
>>
>>53200864
>>53201352
t. triggered fatties
>>
>>53198350
>Play. the fucking. game.
If any player thinks it funny to run form every encounter because it doesn't want anything to happen to his character maybe he should'nt have joined the fucking game.
IC justifications are closely investigated, and if it fails to justify leaving your allies behind every time a moskito farts then you get the Falling Rocks treatment.

>"Nothing unreasonable" rule :
Don't smoke, don't drink unreasonably, don't fart if ladies are in the room, don't hit on other people, don't hit other people. Show respect and thanks to the host. If you have extreme political views try to keep them on the memetic level. Bad jokes about blacks and arabs are ok as long as they are extremely obvious and the token black or arab person is in the room, avoid otherwise. Take your hat off when inside a building. Be clean or at least do not smell bad. Stay clean during the game, especially when using someone's dice or books. Keeps memes IC to an acceptable level. Provide advice for players and DM, especially when we play a new system. Errare humanum est. Sharing food is encouraged. Don't play with food. No overt suggestive clothing (men or women). No rape IC, pervert RP is ok as long as its not invasive (if it is cf : Falling rocks)
No social justice, no discrimination based on gender or race. If you get triggered because of trivial shit you're out of the room. Don't judge lest you want to be judged. No weapons, if you disagree you'll be pleased to know that the GM has his ordnance weapon under his bed. Don't interiorize everything, if you have a problem with a player or the game, say it. Don't metagame overtly. GM word is law except when opposed by the majority of players. Do not bring animals to the table. You have full access to your devices but are expected to pay attention when someone is doing something relevant to the game. You're free to have fun as long as you don't trample over the fun of other people.
Don't be a dick/cunt, please.
>>
>>53201291
Who cares, you turned a 1 point issue into a 3 point issue. Except I highly doubt this barbarian didn't put his 18's into his physicals, so he probably had maybe 15-16 INT. Either way it doesn't matter, he's still a barbarian, he still can't do a lot of things the other classes can.

With high stats, he's going to be really strong early because no one has a lot of their core abilities yet, later on even with absurdly high stats, he's going to be lacking in all kinds of utility and many other things. With stats like that, your party has a solid mid-late game tank, why not have your group utilize that instead of crying?
>>
>>53201405
>form
from
>it
he

>rule 3.
Try to be at the game on time. Get here early if you have to go through chargen.
>rule 4
Don't spoil anything IC even if you've read the book/know the setting. OOC spoilers are OK as long as they don't go too much in detail.
>acceptable spoiler : Yeah actually that monster XYZ
>unacceptable spoiler : Yeah his weakness is actually his urethra
>>
>>53201519
>Yeah actually that monster XYZ is the most powerful encounter in the game
my bad
>>
>>53201001
>only 3 drinks

Fucking lightweight toddlers.
>>
>>53198686
I wish my DM was Frank Costanza
>>
>>53201405

These are all good ideas and things that should really go without saying. Of course there is a lot of nuance to social activities and gaming. Boundaries can be tightened or loosened depending on the situation. Remember, you are spending hours with some people. You might as well try to be a good acquaintance and have modest expectations of such.

Of course, this feels like literal autism incarnate to try to codify the basics of behaving in public. More power to the people that learn something from reading that sort of thing, I've been there and improving that aspect of your life can be a difficult journey that never really ends.

Unfortunately, I've got a good feeling that many autists think they are trolls baiting and making fun of autists, and don't have the self awareness to see that the world is reacting to them out of pity and not anger.
>>
>>53200820
>64 kg healthy for 1m85
L M A O
M
A
O
>>
>>53198478
Why no backpacks?
>>
>>53201446
Probably because I hate this group and I don't want to play all the way to mid-late game,

>>53201364
What is the obvious solution available? Point buy, that fine if it's the case but you could just say that outright rather than dancing around the answer like a fag

>>53201374
Thanks for the suggestion, I guess I'll play FATAL instead because you seem to imply that any system that isn't D&D is a good one.

>is their a way to roll for states and maintain a generally lower set of stats for players?

Here is the question I've ask, so far no one has even attempted to answer, instead I've had people bitch about D&D, complain that I'm a shitty player when I'm the DM, and generally be assholes. I'm so glad /tg/ is become more like /a/. If the answer is no, then great, say that or say nothing. If you think the problem is the system then say that and suggest an alternative. Just saying that D&D is shit doesn't help me, I know that system has major issues, you reminding me that it sucks doesn't help me with my problem.
>>
>>53201682
>is their a way to roll for states and maintain a generally lower set of stats for players?
What do you mean by this?
Are you asking "How do you roll for stats and not have one guy win the dice lottery?", or are you asking "How do you roll for stats and wind up with a particular mean?"?
>>
>>53201642
Yeah I don't really have to say those rules before every game. Especially since I only play with the same 5 to 9 people. Since we all met as friends of friends we all share the same values etc. so no problem outside of rule 1 from time to time.
However even if these are not spelled out loud, expect them to be enforced.
And you'd be surprised how much you sometime have to teach the very basics of societal behaviour to "adult" people
>>
>>53201519
>Don't spoil anything IC even if you've read the book/know the setting. OOC spoilers are OK as long as they don't go too much in detail.
Is it acceptable if all my spoilers are three editions out of date?
>>
>>53201682
>D&D is a bad system
>DURRRR HOKAY I'LL JUST PLAY FATAL BECUZ YOU SAY D&D IS THE ONLY BAD SYSTEM

I'm not that poster, but you seem more concerned with starting an online argument than finding solutions.

Have you read the latest edition of Barbarians of Lemuria? It's pretty great.
>>
>>53201748
It is if everyone at the table knows it already and just momentarily forgot it. In this case the GM would ask for a knowledge check.
If even one of the player does'nt know about it it is unacceptable
>>
>>53201682
> I don't even like this group anyway, HMPH!

Then leave ?????
>>
>>53198478

Ok.

Ok, but that will be my only handwriting.

How do you drive a bike?

Seeing that I only know crocs from that list, I think we're safe.

It's ok, I can go topless and commando.

>no backpacks or fanny packs

Pink handbag it is.
>>
>>53201670
I'm 64 kg at 1.86 and yes, I still can hike 20 km with 25 kg backpack in mountains. Think outside burgerland, fattie.
>>
>>53201725
The second, maintaining the random aspect of rolling for states but lowing the mean stat outcomes.

>>53201791
>hey guys I have a problem with this group and I'm trying to improve my players fun by learning more what can I do? Also we are playing D&D.
>lol D&D sucks play a different game
>Okay that makes sense have any suggestions
>yeah don't play D&D fag

Yup I'm the one starting shit. If I'm coming off as mean spirited then I'm sorry but that "lol have you tried not playing D&D" meme gets posted in almost every thread on this board so that "advice" does help. When I ask for suggestions I was talking about suggestions for systems that maybe has less of a stat focus or something like that, help me out, give me something to work with rather than shitting all over me for asking for help.
>>
>>53201682
Your problem isn't your system of rolling for stats, it's that the player with three 18s cheated.
>>
>>53201396
>there is only one body type
>>
>>53198478
>special ed kids
Why are you not banned for your rampant retardation or autism?
>>
>>53201875
I'm 105 kg at 1m85 and I can do so too. also while carrying a weapon and crossing villages where people speak a language so barbaric the legends tell they don't even understand themselves anymore.
Welcome to Switzerland I guess
>>
>>53201921
Living in Burgerland warps your perception. The majority of the "normal" looking people you see are overweight, and you don't even realize it until you spend some time somewhere without such a fat population.
>>
>>53201903
>The second, maintaining the random aspect of rolling for states but lowing the mean stat outcomes.
Oh, that's easy as hell. Start with point buy, then roll dice to see how many points you dump into each stat.
For example, on a 20 point buy:
Roll 1d6 to decide which stat to start with. Roll 1d20 to decide how many points to spend on it.
Roll 1d5 to select the next stat, roll 1d(remaining points) to see how many to spend, repeat repeat get to the last stat and dump all remaining points there.
If there's any points left over, let the player choose where to dump them.
>>
>>53201971
I dunno, man, looking at images of people who are, say, 6'3" and 200 pounds, does provide a wide range of body types from chubby to ripped.

But 1/10, made me reply.
>>
>>53201971
Oh come on you can't all be THAT fat.
I mean we kinda see on TV etc the really fat ones but that's not all of the population.
>>
>>53201948
Wallis?
>>
>>53201396
Nah they're right, the bmi is actually being used less by doctors to determine overweight since it does not account for body or muscle content. Muscle weighs more than fat and so many Olympic athletes would be considered overweight by that list. More doctors are going by body fat percentage, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, blood sugar and stuff like that.
>>
>>53201971
Living in goatfuckerstan may keep you skinny but in no way means you're healthy.
>>
>>53200169
I feel you man, I mean what is the reason of working out if not to be able to eat like a fucking pig
>>
>>53199064
I can technically write in cursive but my writing is genuinely awful, so I don't.
>>
>>53202446
Same here aside from my signature my cursive is awful.
There really isn't much reason to practice it.
Even when I was in college it was faster to type out notes on a laptop than write in cursive easier to read too.
>>
>>53199064
Nope, they teach typing instead now.
>>
>>53200724
Anon, we're not sure if he's talking pounds or kilos.
>>
>>53198861
You disgrace Zeus' name. Proper wrestling is always done naked.
>>
>>53200864
Nah, mate. You're a fatty.
t. 183cm, 98kg.
>>
>>53201352
Eh, the use of BMI as a standard of health/obesity is fucking ridiculous, and was not intended for such a thing when it was made.
>>
>>53202105
BMI is far from perfect, but unless you're an edge case(like freakishly tall, or an athlete/bodybuilder), it's pretty accurate for such a simple and easy-to-do calculation.
>>
>>53203538
Didn't you know that everyone on /tg/ is incredibly ripped and natty, which is why their BMIs are so high? It certainly has nothing to do with the hobby being full of overweight nerds.
>>
>>53199473
>being a briefcase wanker
>>
>There a no coasters in my house.
>Anyone who mentions the lack of coasters is thrown out.
The quickest way to spot That Guy is by his coaster fetish.
>>
>>53204467
>no coaster
Get on my level, I have no glasses, cups or mugs in my house at all. Anybody not comfortable drinking from a pickle jar is a snobby cunt.
>>
>>53199473
>>53204418
>>53198478
>not coming to game with a custom made gaming case
How
>>
>>53198478
I actually fulfill all of these with flying colors......
>>
>>53198478
>no t-shirts
Literally what
My 60 year old dad wears t shirts
>>
>>53198478
>I'm fat, poorly dressed and your typical autist but meet those requirements
>>
>>53205186
>beating anon at his own game
>you should find him, play at his table, tell us the stories, while beating his system
>>
>>53198478
>>players must be able to do 5 pushups or run a 5k
There's a pretty big difference between those, mate
>>
>>53198478
Do I need to use a quill pen for this, or should I use a wax tablet and stylus?
>>
>muuh cursive

Wtf. Burgers never cease to amaze me. Cursive is just what you use when handwriting. Its much faster.

Here we actually have a lot of shit to write in school and Uni.
>>
>>53198587
>Short sleeve shirts are a thing dipshit, get some fashion sense
I thought the point of your ridiculous rules was to weed out autists, not select for them.
>>
welp:

>if you roll three nat 1s, regardless of what you are rolling for, your char dies, it has happened
>for heavy drink nights, if a player rolls a nat 20 the gm takes a swig, if the gm rolls a nat 20 all players take a shot, happens less often than you would think
>shenanigins are always encouraged
>you want to what the enemy?
>>
>>53198350
This sounds like a fucking totalitarian regime.
>>
>>53198350
>no talking OOC
>no laughing
>no showing off your twitter "memes"
>no analplay
>no alcohol
>no food
>no drinks
>no drugs
>no skinny jeans or jeggings
>>
>couple people actually remember

Refreshing
>>
>>53200169
Are you me?
>>
>>53200819
>>53200820
>>
>>53198350
Play Mao.
Then all the rules are house rules.
>>
>having strict rules
for what purpose?
seriously, why?
>>
>>53201298
Less that it's an unattainable skill, and more that it's not viewed as necessary outside of signatures.
>>
>>53204613
I kick out anyone who doesn't pour their beer into the correct glassware.
>>
>>53198478
cursive
drive and bike
barefoot (or running shoes)
gym shorts + t-shirt + watch (no underwear), I suppose I could go shirtless?
satchel + deep pockets
>>
>>53198350
Just one, don't ditch mid session to play vidya and expect me to keep you around the party. (The players live in the same house as me)
>>
File: 1469856836367.png (128KB, 368x321px) Image search: [Google]
1469856836367.png
128KB, 368x321px
>>53198478
>5 pushups or run a 5k
This one seems a bit disproportionate.
>>
>pay attention to the game and take it seriously
>that doesn't mean be edgy and super serious though; cracking jokes is not only OK, but encouraged (in character)
>>
I usually let my playerrs draw lots before the game. One oof the lots is marked, and that player has to leave. I don't want unlucky faggots to drag the party down with their shit rolls.
>>
>>53198478
So everyone who plays tabletop.
>>
>>53198478
The fuck is wrong with t-shirts and backpacks?
>>
>>53209342
What the fuck
>>
>>53211131
My color table is much more interesting than the others. They only tell you how fat you are. Mine tells you how many multiples of damage you inflict.
>>
>>53201298
Cursive is shit-tier at conveying information clearly and quickly.
>>
>>53205307
He doesn't want to discriminate against people without arms, anon.
>>
>>53201903
What I do for stats is I give my players a 4, two 3s, two 2s, and a 1 to put into their stats wherever they like, then after that I have them roll 6*2d6 and assign those where they like. Even godlike rolls won't get you a pre-racials 18, you can still end up with a 3 in a dump stat.
>>
>>53198478
Sir, I commend you on the success of your bait.
>>
>>53198478
>no backpack
Enjoy your scoliosis you bent faggot
>>
>>53198478

>no backpacks

Walking around with a messenger bag filled with books isn't that comfy.
>>
>>53211179
But why would anybody think it's something you should put in an rpg? Why?
>>
>>53198478
The fuck is cursive?
>>
>>53198763
The fucking brutality of a game like that... Could be fun if done right, or the players have already played OW and are used to it.
>>
>>53199502
Driving auto is about the same difficulty as riding a bike. Manual 4 lyfe.
>>
>>53201682
Roll a d12

(-2) (-1, -1), (0, 0), (0, 0), (1, 1) (1, 1) (2)

Translate that into d&d

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
7, 8, 9, (0, 0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4)+10
>>
>>53211603
It's actually not too bad. I think having it be a percentile thing is probably a bit overkill though.
>>
>>53198478
and this is how anon outed himself as hamplanet
>>
>>53210685
He's a manblob who doesn't understand that 5 push-ups is easy
>>
>>53200119
Is it yours or someone elses
>>
>>53211308
cursive are the faster way to write
>>
>>53210685
Yeah. I mean, fuck's sake, I have a background in cross country. It's part of what got me into college. That meant that my life was running 5ks.

I'd do the fucking pushups. Because holy shit, 5 push ups is literally nothing.
>>
>>53201391
>this is britain
>People know how and when to handle their drink.
what ?
>>
>>53212649
>be german
>without fail every british Person that comes here gets shitfaced drunk.
>can't handle the fact that you can Drink in public
>makes every german uncomfortable by acting like a barbarian in public

Fucking Lel. Brits can't handle alcohol for shit
>>
>>53212649
British people don't randomly get shitfaced when just hanging out with friends. There is a time and a place for getting shitfaced, and that is on designated nights out. We also mostly know not to drive after a few drinks.

>>53212989
> Live in tourist trap
> Get bent out of shape when british people come to a land they conquered to party
> Culture too autistic to stop them
>>
>>53213788
>Get bent out of shape when british people come to a land they conquered
What? Am I missing something?
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.