[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 68

File: 1492561162131.jpg (68KB, 283x283px) Image search: [Google]
1492561162131.jpg
68KB, 283x283px
Previous thread: >>53177545
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-april-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/when-will-bill-rage-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Are any of you planing a Changeling game?
>>
>>53191167

NO
>>
>>53191167
>Are any of you planing a Changeling game?
I've loosly been considered a Lost game with that Vegas setting we came up with.
I have literally no interest in Dreaming.
>>
>>53191167
>Are any of you planing a Changeling game?

I am starting a changeling game.
>>
File: pinebox lores.jpg (2MB, 2103x2458px) Image search: [Google]
pinebox lores.jpg
2MB, 2103x2458px
>>53191167

I am, 4 players, 2 have finished sheets, one is Seelie Wilder Satyr whos very into music, but more classical. A seelie Raccoon Pooka Hobo, and one player is leaning Eshu, 4th person is undecided atm

Using Pinebox Texas map for the Base City.
>>
File: BG1.png (50KB, 401x451px) Image search: [Google]
BG1.png
50KB, 401x451px
Time for more C20 Arts!

Chronos 1, or I Scry the past!
>>
Reposting the question cause I'm in the dark.

How long between manipulating events in the Shadow and seeing changes in the read world?

For example say there is a park that's notorious for gang violence and drug usage and is generally avoided. If you go to the shadow and kick out the vice and conflict spirits and bolster and clean up the park's spirit. How long until people start using the park again?
>>
File: Stone1.png (95KB, 409x585px) Image search: [Google]
Stone1.png
95KB, 409x585px
>>53191290
Chronos 3, Set in Stone.
or, I make people unable to age or heal.
>>
>>53191167
Not at the moment. Dreaming is still a hard sell for most people
>>
>>53191319

Get a hold of the C20 book, Its a lot better.
>>
File: DV1.png (99KB, 510x816px) Image search: [Google]
DV1.png
99KB, 510x816px
>>53191314
Chronos 4, Deja vu
or Minor Time Travel.
>>
>>53191298
That's not how it works, is it?
Real world affects the Shadow through tainting essence.
Shadow influences real world as Spirits cross the gauntlet and manipulate it through influences and numina to forward their cause.
>>
The more I read of Mage: The Ascension, the less I understand how Traditions are supposed to be the good guys.
>Order of Hermes wants to turn the world into a feudal wizard-ruled hellhole and that's fine
>N.W.O. knows your credit score so they're evil

Seriously, explain to me how I'm supposed to side with the Traditions.
>>
>>53191530

Both sides have their assholes, don't worry about it anyway, The Technocracy has already won.
>>
>>53191530
The Technocracy are objectively the good guys. They're trying to create a world in which the common, unawakened man can live a free, decent life, fearless of some Mage coming down to burn down his town and butcher his family because they happened to be bored that day.
>>
>>53191575
>The Technocracy has already won.

Their reign is arguably starting to wane
>>
>>53191530
The Union has been infiltrated by the actual antagonists, the Nephandi
>>
>>53191530
Each side has the shitty extremes, the Tradition extreme is the aforementioned feudal wizard hellhole. The Union extreme is a Cyberpunk tier corporate dystopia where everyone works 9 to 5 in featureless grey cubicles for the glory of the computer.

Of course you're really supposed to side with the Union agents who are out fighting supernatural horrors so that your day isn't ruined by a rabid Reality Deviant eating your spleen.
>>
>>53191651

There is a whole campaign right there. Fuck Id play in that.
>>
>>53191530
You're supposed to think the Technocracy only wants power, and has no noble intentions for the world.
You're supposed to think they're stifling creativity and want to turn mankind into a race of unthinking drone slaves.
You're supposed to think that without the Consensus, everyone could be a Mage and choose their own fate.
You're supposed to think that mankind totally won't be eaten by Dragons and Demons and fucked to death by horny Gods should that happen.
You're supposed to think that freedom and uncertainty trunp order and security by their very nature.
You're supposed to only care about yourself, and your power, rather than thinking about what your pursuit of self-empowerment does to reality.
You're supposed to deny the state of existence that the consensus has reached, ignore the support mankind has thrown behind technology as a tool for mankind's control and power over the world, and seek to dismantle it for their own good.
You're supposed to selectively take elements of the Technocracy as being "good", like medicines and so forth, while then turning around and decrying the very institution which created them as being a soulless sack of crap.
You're supposed to think the Technocracy has never done anything good, only making weapons. While ignoring the weapons your own shitty Tradition has made.

Prior to the Dimensional Anomaly, the Technocracy was pretty fucking sinister.
Archmasters, Control, and those on Autocthonia solved problems by sending HIT Marks at problems.
They denied their own organisation's goals, and the reports from ground troops that not every anomaly was inherently dangerous.
Some two-bit punk messing with drugs in his basement, but who doesn't interact with anyone else? Not worth their time.
And yet time after time they went super-heavy-handed on threats which only needed a bit of readjustment. Making enemies where non-agression was the more economical choice.
>>
Tell me anon, when was the last time you played a game of world of darkness?
>>
>>53191811
Two weeks ago. We normally play every week but it's been busy for most of us.
>>
>>53191427
It's a ying yang situation. The Shadow effects the mundane world and the mundane world effects the shadow. But the changes are usually subtle from my understanding, if you wound the spirit of winter for a city you may experience an unusually mild winter that year.
>>
>>53191811
My group plays Friday and Sunday evenings.
>>
>>53191811
Never
I'd like to play/run some day, but only oWoD
>>
>>53187034
Earthbounds can expand the scale of their powers on the extreme by purchasing a background called "Mastery" I'm pretty sure that you can manage to at least affect the whole planet with a particular combination of other backgrounds and lores.
>>
>>53191530
The Technocracy is all about control. They're the reason why you get so much grief from biologist when you bring up Creationism, why homeopathy and panacea's won't work, and why the world is becoming a dull and terrible place to live.
>>
>>53191811
Way too long. Finding a WoD group that isn't a tumblr edgefest is hard.
>>
>>53191667
>The Union extreme is a Cyberpunk tier corporate dystopia

I thought cyberpunk dystopias were more the Virtual Adepts thing.
>>
>>53191811
Last week, and I'm going to play another session this saturday. I will also be the ST for a oneshot next week.
>>
File: DI1.png (99KB, 400x421px) Image search: [Google]
DI1.png
99KB, 400x421px
Changeling Finally get some Really good Battle Cantrips now.

The Dragons Ire, which used to be a any fae could harness if you had levels in Greymere (knowledge of Glamour and how it works), now its a badass Art.
>>
File: HS1.png (30KB, 403x339px) Image search: [Google]
HS1.png
30KB, 403x339px
>>53192287
Holly Strike.... JFC.

Base Fae 4 Glamour 4 Will Power, most raise it a Char Creation, and will likely have more by the time they have the 4th level of Dragons Ire.
>>
>>53192114
Not the world, exactly. But far.

The Unnamed and his followers blackened the entire universe.
>>
>>53192338
A Earthbound can spend 1 point of Faith to multiply any non damage result by 10. a 10 yards effect with 1 faith becomes 100, with 2 1000, with 3 10000 and so on (An Earthbound can have up to 50 Faith, or even more, maybe 65) , then combine that with Hell on Earth that screws everything up and there you go, I never said it was going to rival an entropy 10 mage, but it surely is interesting.
>>
File: DR5.png (41KB, 402x425px) Image search: [Google]
DR5.png
41KB, 402x425px
>>53192325
Dragons Ire 5.
>>
>>53191811
Last friday. Got another session tomorrow.
>>
One of my players is about to hit threshold. But I'm not sure what to do with the other characters. I want to keep them all on a relatively equal footing but I want to reward his quality roleplaying and drive.
>>
>>53192452
You don't keep multiplying it like that. You multiply it straight up.
>>
File: Wrong.png (247KB, 1362x389px) Image search: [Google]
Wrong.png
247KB, 1362x389px
>>53192569
Wrong.
>>
>>53192452
Ten dots in any Sphere is effective omnipotence over that pillar of reality.

Forces 9 would be sufficient enough to turn the universe into a lovecraftian nightmare.
>>
File: Correspondence 6.png (118KB, 379x235px) Image search: [Google]
Correspondence 6.png
118KB, 379x235px
On a scale of 1 - 10
How overpowered is this ability?
>>
>>53189856
Thats actually really cool. I'm gonna keep it for urban fantasy stuff and maybe art threads.
>>
>>53192691

Light speed is basically an auto win. And other supernaturals have absolutely no defense against it.
>>
>>53192691
Assuming thats from masters of art 10. That book had very little thought put into it, it was kind of a result of the 'bigger and cooler powers are always better' era.
>>
File: Alter Universal Forces.png (184KB, 932x546px) Image search: [Google]
Alter Universal Forces.png
184KB, 932x546px
>>53192691
I would say ten. Though it's not the most overpowered ability out there.
>>
>>53192755
Why is that book even considered canon. It should be disallowed.
>>
>>53192811
Meh. It's to impracticable to actually even use in most cases anyways. Honestly if you're trying to run an archsphere level ascension game you're better off just playing noblis in all honesty.
>>
>>53192667
Why do mages always turn random discussions into dick measurement contests?
>hey isn't this power cool guys?
>life 9 is better
>muh archmastery
>muh unnamed
EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I don't care if a Level 9 ability is superior to a Level 5 one, I just found cool the System used to multiply the power was cool, and the example made in the manual with a shitton of turns.

Also the fact that a Level 10 mastery gives you omnipotence is just an assumption, and it's not right to state it as an absolute truth.

So after all of this can we go back to the power discussion?
>>
>>53192755
>Some Euthanatoi have wondered if Oblivion itself is an aspect of an Exemplar of Forces. Could it be that every force is just an emanation of the will of some ancient mage who imagined the cosmos into being?

I kind of wish the authors had edited this out. It really REALLY supports the Mage supremacy meme and just seems unprofessional.
>>
File: wizard.png (284KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
wizard.png
284KB, 640x480px
>>53192861
How so?

It reinforces the "a wizard did it" meme, not mage supremacy.
>>
>>53192847
>Also the fact that a Level 10 mastery gives you omnipotence is just an assumption, and It's not right to state it as an absolute truth.
Ten dot Spheres are never given examples because of this. It's the "do whatever the fuck you want" ability. Similar to Transfiguration in Awakening. Omnipotence is easily applicable, at least regarding its purview.

You can also become Omnipotent mixing Prime 9 and Forces 9 as others have mentioned.
Or just Prime 9, but you'd be locked out of the present universe.
>>
>>53192847
>Level 10 mastery gives you omnipotence is just an assumption
Funny that. The permanent version of Transfiguration is actually called Assumption.
>>
>>53191167
Yup

The players will be newly minted Knights Errant driving across a slightly less fucked California that still has a few places in dire need of Un-Fucking.

The players will pull in to Berkley where they'll be fighting ANTIFA/BAMN/etc with the serial numbers filed off, to save a couple of childlings and wilders. After that they'll have a plot hook where they find a very powerful Dreamer who's been in a coma and has been causing tears between the autumn world and the dreaming and letting out a bunch of nightmare creatures. Once they find the Dreamer they'll have to go in to her Dreamscape (a fucked up mansion that is slowly eating up the Dreaming) and set her free from her survivor's guilt and a powerful nightmare.

Things I'm ripping off in this chronicle;
-Dream Drop Distance
-Alice: Madness Returns
-Digimon Season 3

>>53191319
Pitch it as something similar to Percy Jackson (just change demigods to fae), or Psychonauts (just replace psychic with fae)

>>53192178
I hear ya.
>>
Is there ANYTHING PLAYABLE that can possibly challenge an Archmage in OWoD?
>>
>>53192937
It's listed as a plot device, but this doesn't mean that a 10 dot mage is omnipotent, they are two different things. There is just lack of proof to say that without a doubt.

Also, no matter what you do, even if you use Prime 9 you still will attract Paradox, and if you have any kind of limitation you are not omnipotent.
>>
>>53193000
See that implies that archmages are playable in OWoD
*bdum tish*
>>
>magefags surely are magical, they were able to shit another thread up because of their insecurities once again
>>
>>53193002
>but this doesn't mean that a 10 dot mage is omnipotent
They pretty much are. But rarely, if ever, will an Archmage reach such heights. Only the Unnamed has achieved ten dots after he became God-King of Creation, and it was only a possible future.

>Also, no matter what you do, even if you use Prime 9 you still will attract Paradox, and if you have any kind of limitation you are not omnipotent.
Prime 9 creates your own universe with its laws at your discretion based upon the Spheres at your disposal. Mixing it with Forces 9 is enough to turn the current universe into a multiverse with yourself as its Omnipotent overseer, effectively dethroning God in the process unless he decides to intervene, however unlikely.
>>
>>53193041
Munchkin whoring aside, that's a pretty cool way to re-imagine the setting as a whole.
>>
>>53191871
I think there is some rules for changing loci and it can be used in a similar way.
>>
>>53193041
I guess that becoming a "god" doesn't make you immune to paradox effects, you still scretched out an universe and put yourself on top, but can you destroy the spirits or any kind of conseguence that will show up? Mind, I didn't say imprison, or redirect or whatever, I said destroy. The answer by the manual is no. You cannot do that? Then you are not omnipotent.
>>
>>53193098
The inner workings of the universe don't have Paradox. Not sure what the issue is here.

You can also ditch Paradox using Prime 9, though you can't prevent its accumulation.
>>
>>53193098
If the spirits reside within the newly crafted universe, then yes. They can be destroyed. It's your universe. Do whatever the fuck you want based on the understanding of your Spheres.
>>
>>53192553
As in, he's about to complete his Threshold Seeking?
I wouldn't pay too much heed, honestly.
The group would all have to all be roughly comparable to Gnosis 6 in the first place, with Masters.

At that point, "balance" is practically irrelevant.
>>
>>53193000
What do you mean by 'challenge'? I regular ass bullet in the forehead is still going to be just as effective against an archmage as it is against anyone else. Sure they have the power to do just about anything, but in an actual game those powers very rarely work perfectly like they do on paper.
>>
>>53193098

You're an idiot.
>>
>>53191334
Any idea where someone would do that?
>>
>>53193121
Altering the very basis of reality doesn't gather paradox? That's a really nice Meme.
>But you cannot prevent it's accumulation
More than that actually it would make it even worse, by the point you would spend eternity just trying to "dispel" an ever growing paradox until the point nobody wouldn't be able to sustain it.
>>
>>53193179
>bullets
>killing mages powerful enough to even reach mastery

Sure, friendo.
>>
>>53193187
>Altering the very basis of reality doesn't gather paradox?
>More than that actually it would make it even worse, by the point you would spend eternity just trying to "dispel" an ever growing paradox until the point nobody wouldn't be able to sustain it.
Irrelevant as long as you're inside the newly conjured universe. Outside of it? No doubt. Even Forces 9 is going to garner Paradox.
>>
Mind 9 turns all minds into a single mind.

Paradox, Paradigm and the Consensus no longer matter.
>>
>>53193193
You miss my point. I'm not saying the solution to archmages is to just walk up and shoot them, I'm saying asking what can challenge an archmage is kind of pointless. Everything that could kill a normal dude could still in theory kill an archmage, it comes down to the actual play by play so to speak.
>>
>>53193286
Yeah, but that's too obvious to even mean anything. Will it even be effective? Porthos Fitz-Empress (Forces 6 Archmage) can reflexively subdue lightning, during his short skirmish with another Archmage.

Mages have contingencies up the butt. Your point still stands though. They're still human.
>>
>>53193227
But what about the current universe whose paradox would just rip you in half as soon as you enter it? (It's just figurative, don't start arguing over this) Even Level 5 Oracles could do that by creating their own realms, basically what you are calling "universe" is just a glorified version of that. If you would just straight fight the current universe you will see that you are not omnipotent, you would just be Able to do anything in the universe you created, but not really and TRULY omnipotent over anything else, can such a thing be called omnipotence? No, IMHO.
>>
Sidetrack of the day;

How do I pitch the Kiths in C20 without the tumblr-esque jargon thats in the book?
>>
>>53193357
>But what about the current universe whose paradox would just rip you in half as soon as you enter it?
The Paradox would be garnered for creating the universe, not entering it.

>Level 5 Oracles
There's no such thing.

>basically what you are calling "universe" is just a glorified version of that.
No, it's explicitly referred to as a universe.
The relevant passage even hinted that Prime 9 was used to create our present universe, spooky as it sounds. Same with Forces 9.

>If you would just straight fight the current universe you will see that you are not omnipotent, you would just be Able to do anything in the universe you created, but not really and TRULY omnipotent over anything else, can such a thing be called omnipotence?
The laws within the newly formed universe correlate to your understanding of the Spheres.
It is your own personalized omnipotence, but it's lost as soon as you leave its bounds.
>>
>>53193086
"Loci arise naturally when large quantities of Essence build up around the focal point without attracting any spirits. Uratha can stimulate the necessary conditions by clearing an area of spirits while allowing Essence to gather. After around 150 points of same resonance essence collect for over a week, it settles into an object or person in the vicinity and becomes a one dot locus. Loci increase in power if they continue to accumulate Essence-150 points per dot, or 50 days of uninterrupted growth."

So I'd say do something similar to change the the general Resonance of an area.
>>
>>53193419
What tumblr jargon?
>>
>An Archmage uses Prime 6 to remove god curse on Caine
>Caine, being human again can finally unleash his awakened potential, destroying the fool archmage
>>
>>53193478
Since when is Caine a mage? Or even an archmage?
>>
>>53193478
More like Caine and archmage go out for ice cream and a movie
>>
MOOOOOOOOM
THEIR DOING IT AGAIN
>>
>>53193518

pls no tattle
>>
>>53193497
It could be based on an interpretation that God's curse was specifically to prevent Caine from awakening. But it's never been outright stated that Caine was a mage
>>
>>53193537
Interesting theory. Caine did look somewhat like a wizard in his past.
>>
>>53193477
Tumblr jargon was the wrong term. Pardon my fuck up. But I mean shit like this;

Re: Eshu
>Eshu seekers often find themselves swept up in movements dedicated to social and political justice, though they don’t always stay long enough to see those movements to fruition. An eshu can make
posters in the morning, march in a protest in the afternoon, then be two cities over by dinner, sharing the story with yet another audience. In this way, eshu actually help to spread awareness of important social issues and the techniques used to pursue justice.

I also wanna know if theres a way to pitch the kiths without pigeonholing my players.
>>
>>53193453
I didn't say that the paradox was created by you entering the universe, but I was trying to be funny imagining the paradox spirits waiting for you and ready to rip you a part as soon as you enter the "original" universe again.

About the omnipotence, I don't think that a thing such "Your view of omnipotence" exist, let's say that you live in a universe, with Your powers you create another universe, making the whole technically a multiverse. To be actually be able to be called omnipotent you would need to have complete control over said universe, not a part of it.

>There is no such a thing as an oracle with a 5 dots sphere mastery
What?
>>
>>53193580
You're making no sense at this point.
>>
>>53193537
There is more than that, Caine actions did actually influence reality on a Universal scale (he basically "invented" the concept of violence and murder that influenced all of creation, influencing other beings such as angels that before that they never know of such a thing)
>>
Princess is better than anything White Wolf ever published
>>
>>53193580
>To be actually be able to be called omnipotent you would need to have complete control over said universe, not a part of it.

Ok, this shouldn't be so hard for you to understand. The Archmage is only supreme within the bounds of his newly conjured universe. That's all.

The only way to become omnipotent of the real universe is to lace Prime 9 with Forces 9.
>>
>>53193636
Not on a universal scale. The Consensus has only ever reached the Asteroid Belt. Everything beyond that (the Deep Umbra) is out of whack and horrific.
>>
I feel this is a good time to remind everyone that 4chanx and recursive hiding exist.
>>
>>53193573
Hmmmm.
Well I mean, on the one hand you can kind of do that now since there aren't exactly mechanics enforcing that are there? You could make it fluff agnostic by just rewriting/erasing the parts you don't like and sending those over to your players couldn't you?
>>
>>53193615
My reasoning does make sense thou.
>You live in universe 1.
>You create universe 2 with Your powers
>universe 1+2 makes a multiverse
>this Action creates paradox, but you are now in universe 2, so you are technically immune to that, even thou it's still lingering and ready to "strike" as soon as you re enter universe 1.
>Now that the universe is now a multiverse to be considered truly omnipotent you must have control on the whole of the multiverse.
>too bad that Your power extends only to universe 2, therefore you are not really omnipotent, because universe 1, or at least part of it still isn't under Your control, and you cannot do anything about it.
Is it clearer now?
>>
>>53193645
Does it have merchanics for ______hand holding______?
>>
>>53193732
Anon that's just called ________erp
>>
>>53193636
So did Caine's actions prove he was the equal to God? Facilitating God's need to prevent Caine the means to become his equal (awakening then ascension)
>>
File: 1441800887289.png (301KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
1441800887289.png
301KB, 800x400px
>>53193751
>>
>>53193669
Angel "wars" before the murder of Abel were no more than "contests" and minor fights with no violence, angels all over creation fought by "creating" basically, playing songs, creating planets, directing electrons in fancy ways from one star to some Planet. After the murder of Abel, Angels started fighting in the true sense of the word, and the first angelic victim was utterly destroyed by a "weapon" that's way more Extended than consensus Space.
>>
>>53193791
>potentially the equal of God
Missed a word
>>
>>53193791
It can be a theory, yes.
>>
>>53193727
>this Action creates paradox, but you are now in universe 2, so you are technically immune to that, even thou it's still lingering and ready to "strike" as soon as you re enter universe 1.
You would deal with the Paradox before you even entered the newly formed universe. It's not a suicidal spell.

>universe 1+2 makes a multiverse
That's not a multiverse. It's a universe inside a universe.

>Now that the universe is now a multiverse to be considered truly omnipotent you must have control on the whole of the multiverse.
>too bad that Your power extends only to universe 2, therefore you are not really omnipotent, because universe 1, or at least part of it still isn't under Your control, and you cannot do anything about it.
Is it clearer now?
You're not being very clear at all. You're not grasping this.
It doesn't matter if you can't do anything about 'universe 1', you're still omnipotent over 'universe 2.'

You're overthinking things.
>>
File: 1492640323665.jpg (37KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1492640323665.jpg
37KB, 500x375px
>>53193803
MODS
>>
>>53193805
That doesn't really counterpoint anything. It wasn't even Caine that affected anything to begin with. It was the universe filling in the gaps of new concepts.
>>
What's the rules for cold iron in C20/oWoD?
>>
>>53193885

Just ignore the idiot. Christ. He's just pissy about how much a player can munchkin using Masters of the Art.
>>
>>53193885
I understand what you mean, I'm just saying that in My opinion having complete power over a part of a multiverse (because a universe inside another universe still makes a multiverse)
Doesn't make you really omnipotent.

>You would deal with paradox before entering
How would you thou, the only way to escape such paradox is to run away to another universe.
>>
>>53193727
Omnipotence within pocket-realities is a popular ability in fiction, anon. It doesn't mean you're not absolute.
>>
>>53193948
>Doesn't make you really omnipotent.
Except it does. Only within the bounds of your personal universe. It's like the Gentry within Arcadia, only on a much bigger scale.

>How would you thou, the only way to escape such paradox is to run away to another universe.
Paradox isn't suicidal. You can deal with it.
>>
>>53193966
The Gentry aren't omnipotent within Arcadia, arguably. They have too many laws and they only seem to be supreme regarding their stories.

Prime 9 is much grander.
>>
If I used Fate Transfiguration on Arcadia, could I make my own 'lodge' ? Effectively mimicking a True Fae without any of the drawbacks?
>>
>>53194060
It would be easier to just make your own Wyrd / Arcadia in your Golden Road / Chantry.
Fate Transfiguration is enough to dominate the infinite scores of Gentry and re-write the Wyrd, but it would invoke a hefty Pax violation.

Bad Archmage!
I outta smack you.
>>
>>53193966
Anon, this is a Little bit more complicated as you make it sound.
In theory you are omnipotent within the borders of Your universe. And that's ok. But in theory omnipotence means having the power of doing everything without limits. The problem comes up when Your "authority" stops after Your universe. In that case you would be omnipotent only to a certain degree, and that's an absurb thing. And that's where My question lies, can you really consider yourself "omnipotent" when you don't have full authority over anything? If the universe was just one, without any extra created ones I would consider youto be omnipotent, or even if you manage to create one universe and to destroy the other one, but in this case you are not, because in the bigger picture you still presents limits.
>>
>>53194111
You're overthinking things. The point here is that the Archmage of Prime is omnipotent and absolute within his/her conjured universe, not outside of it.

You would need Forces 9 to be omnipotent outside of it, most certainly.
>>
>>53194110
>make your own wyrd
>invite some true fae over for welcoming party
>they brought some captured mortals and put them inside an enchanted gamecube
>play ssbm with true fae
>>
>vicissitude is really aliens

What did White Wolf mean by this?
>>
File: aliens.jpg (24KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
aliens.jpg
24KB, 500x436px
>>53194337
>>
So wait, whats the difference between twilight and the shadow again?
>>
>>53194337
Makes as much sense as

>vampires is really curse from god
>werewolves is really captain planet
>science is just, like, your opinion, man
>magic is just, like, your opinion, man

Actually wait, Vicissitude is just "deep umbra" stuff, which is implied to be pretty alien-ey, but everything from the umbra is alien as well.
>>
>>53194337
They meant "We have no fucking clue how to write big meta plot stuff and also don't really have a proper editing process yet. Hey this sounds pretty cool!"
>>
>>53194366
Twilight is a second frequency to reality "ghost phase" if you will.
The Shadow is another dimension which roughly corresponds to our own.
>>
i have come back from rhe onyx path forums. I now have cancer. How can anybody be that retarded?
>>
>>53194396
Honestly, this place is probably worse with all the recent flamewars going on.
>>
>>53194366
In D&D terms:

Twilight: Incorporeal and invisible, but in the material plane.
Shadow: Corporeal and visible, but in another plane.
>>
>>53194366
Twilight is an alternate phase of reality (think frodo while wearing the ring) there are three major flavors with their own quirks spirit, death, and mind/astral.

The Shadow is a 'mirror' universe separated from ours by the Gauntlet and is the home realm of the spirits.
>>
>>53194396
What happened now? Did they invent a new set of pronouns or something?
>>
File: C20_Wallpaper_1024x768.jpg (959KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
C20_Wallpaper_1024x768.jpg
959KB, 1024x768px
>>53194405
at least it isn't as retarded as someone claiming the art of the Redcap splat in C20 will make cops shoot black people more because it's a black chick with monster mouth.

I am not kidding.

Also check out how retarded this splat art looks. Can you tell which is which?
>>
>>53193573
To be fair, that's I think the only *really* egregious example of that in the kith writeups.

Just play up the Eshu love of being storytellers and travelers in general.
>>
>>53194473
>not only does C20 have way the fuck less preachy bullshit and cringey sidebars, but it's actually managed to trigger some people

Glorious. Also I can tell which is which, but that's because I've read the book already.
>>
>>53194519
then you know, THAT THERE IS BETTER ART OF THE KITHS IN A TWO PAGE FUCKING SPLASH!

>>53194503
So i can make a Cowboy Eshu?

NOTE IM STARTING TO LOSE IT DUE TO LACK OF SLEEP
>>
What weird timeline are we in where C20 of all things isn't Beast 2.0 level cringe?
>>
>>53194562
I have no fucking idea, considering the guy who wrote Beast also wrote C20. Maybe he just had tighter oversight for this one.
>>
>>53194581
IMHO McFarland can write good stuff if someone watches over his shoulder. He is the guy behind Demon the descent with is probably my favourite game in both game lines
>>
>>53194646
But is there anything worse than Beast?
>>
>>53194698
Changeing Breeds, M20
>>
>>53194698
Masters of the Art
>>
>>53194698
Also other then convoluted, contradicting and plain stupid writing Beast idea is not horrible but just redundant with neat idea here and there. IMHO I took most of beast powers and slapped them on vampires since they already cover most of beasts bases.

If I were playing WtF I would slap Lair on them as sort of pack power
>>
>>53191167
>Are any of you planning a Changeling game?
My gf and I are double-DMing a Lost campaign set in France (later going to move around Europe). Sadly, because of conflicting timetables and places of residence of the players, we haven't been able to do anything in a long while
I'm kinda livid about this because it's the most fun I've had in years (and from what our players say, they love it too)
>>
>>53194698
Beast could have been a good game.
>>
>>53194795
I fully admit to having been a bit hype for it when I first saw the premise.
>>
I don't see Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary in either of the links in the pastebin. Anyone got that mega link?
>>
>>53191642
Looking at 2016/17, you could say that the Technocracy has been taking a serious beating. Their plans in the Mid East have backfired, trust in the establishment and science is at an all time low, and the world is far more politically and economically unstable then it used to be. It's the Trads ballgame right now. All they got to do now is push the world over the edge and be there to pick up the pieces.
>>
>>53194901
https://pastebin.com/DzJkZZ3p
Here ya go, anon. Paste dissapears in 24 hours.
>>
>>53194837
If they completely scrapped the whole 'teaching lessons' bullshit and got rid of the hypocritical victim blaming of Heroes. It would be like three quarters of the way to a working game.
>>
>>53194966
Mm-hmm. With the rest of the way needing to actually make it not a pile of shit *mechanically* as well.
>>
not guy you're responding to

The whole Satiety thing is pretty darn cool
>>
>>53194958

Thanks.
>>
>>53191530
>>53191575
>>53191607
>>53191678
>>53192159
Bunch of fucking fedora tippers up in here who can't separate a fantasy game from their RL politics.
>>
>>53195472

I bet you're one of them
>>
How is changeling the lost 2e coming along.

I haven't been keeping up to date but I vaguely remember there being something about how Seemings determine how you maintain your Clarity now and how apparently you need to act like how your fae made you to keep your clarity high (which sounds retarded so I'm assuming there's more too it).
>>
File: Clanbook Cappadocian 3.png (2MB, 1325x1763px) Image search: [Google]
Clanbook Cappadocian 3.png
2MB, 1325x1763px
It's a real shame there weren't Clanbooks for every Clan in the Dark Ages, the Baali, Cappadocian and Salubri ones are fucking great.
>>
>>53194914
More like everything is going just as planned for the Nephandi.
>>
>>53195861
There were, actually. You're looking for Libellus Sanguinus 1-4. The were compilation clanbooks but they're very well done.
>>
>>53195941
Specifically, LS1 is Lasombra, Tzimisce, and Ventrue; LS2 is Brujah, Toreadors, and Tremeres; LS3 is Assamites, Setites, and Gangrels; and LS4 is Malkavians, Nosferatu, and Ravnos.
>>
File: Clanbook Cappadocian 1.png (2MB, 1320x1758px) Image search: [Google]
Clanbook Cappadocian 1.png
2MB, 1320x1758px
>>53195941

Just checked the books, look neat, but the artwork doesn't measure up to these three Clanbooks.
>>
>>53195780
Hill's off the book so it might actually be decent.
>>
>>53191811
A week ago. Werewolf game set in roman times.
>>
>>53195982
>saved as ChosenUndead.png
>>
File: Clanbook Cappadocian 4.png (2MB, 1307x1763px) Image search: [Google]
Clanbook Cappadocian 4.png
2MB, 1307x1763px
>>53196220

Now that you mention it, Cappadocians could be easily adapted to the setting of Dark Souls, couldn't they, what with all their tinkering with death and such?
>>
>>53196236
I'm not sure how that fits with Dark Souls. You could probably slap all vampires on bloodbourne
>>
>>53195036
Beast could also heavily benefit from an outside enemy. I think fighting abstract incursions into the Temenos and the material world from the Anima Mundi would be good for that. Basically the Anima Mundi is passively trying to absorb the Temenos. This isn't usually being performed by anyone from their, it's just the world soul to bring humanity back into the fold so to speak. Beasts would basically be humanity's antibodies.
>>
>>53196019
>Hill's off the book so it might actually be decent.

YES! YES! YES! WOOOOO!
>>
>>53196324
Insatiables from Conquering Heroes are sorta-kinda in-spalt but outside enemy
>>
>>53196381
Yeah, but Insatiables suck. They're where I got the idea from though.
>>
File: Dark Ages 20th 34.png (2MB, 1114x1463px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Ages 20th 34.png
2MB, 1114x1463px
I know I complained about this before, but I still hate the photoshopped photos they used instead of actual, proper artwork in the 20th Anniversary for Dark Ages.
>>
File: Dark Ages 20th 32.png (3MB, 1112x1464px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Ages 20th 32.png
3MB, 1112x1464px
They could try to make it look less obvious.
>>
>>53196484
Titanick-sinking-snake gave me idea for npc I will sadly never use. Gangrel neonate traveling on the ship that lost both her coterie mates and touchstones that 100 years later hunts Beasts and looks for a way to get pay back on the lizard
>>
>>53196543
Yeah, the shooped models are probably the most shockingly lame thing that White Wolf has done in a long time.

Is it a gay ass tribute to the fans thing, or is it just that they are utterly fucking destitute?
>>
>>53196543
>>53196585
It's still better than dolls like CPv3 used.
>>
File: Dark Ages 20th 27.png (3MB, 1112x1464px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Ages 20th 27.png
3MB, 1112x1464px
>>53196595

I know WW used it first in one of those core rulebooks (they even used fucking Elricsson to pose as Dracula/Tzimisce), but the Dark Ages 20th anniversary is all on Onyx Path.

>>53196662

Dolls?
>>
File: cpv3 dolls.png (527KB, 722x412px) Image search: [Google]
cpv3 dolls.png
527KB, 722x412px
>>53196691
>Dolls?
Ecthcuth me, they're action figures.

The story varies on whether Mike Pondsmith thought putting this sort of art in the book was actually a good idea, or if they were meant to be placeholders/'this is kind of what we want' artist reference pieces, but this is what the book was printed with.

Your choice whether or not this is better than Hot Chicks/Exalted 3e cakes picture Poser art.
>>
File: Dark Ages Revised 7.png (2MB, 1285x1769px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Ages Revised 7.png
2MB, 1285x1769px
The artwork for DA: V Revised on the other hand is fantastic through and through. I'm going to take a look and see who did it.

>>53196768

That's just... wow. Did they really have no money whatsoever to spend on art? Even Deviantart should have had one or two people willing to do some stuff for them.
>>
File: Dark Ages Revised 4.png (2MB, 1285x1769px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Ages Revised 4.png
2MB, 1285x1769px
This Lasombra artwork is fucking great.

In the 20th Anniversary, they have this old, tanned fat woman instead.
>>
File: Book of Nod 6.png (873KB, 548x1314px) Image search: [Google]
Book of Nod 6.png
873KB, 548x1314px
Huh, the Erciyes Fragments for Dark Ages: Vampire is in rather shoddy state. Don't suppose anyone's done another scan of it, like the Book of Nod got?
>>
Reading through Transylvania by Night, one of the characters mentioned there, a Toreador, arranged for her sire to drink poisoned blood which put him in torpor. Is this actually possible?
>>
>>53197163
There are indeed diseases and poisons that can do all sorts of shit to vampires.
>>
>>53197366

Thanks, it's been a while since I read through the books and I forget the smaller details.
>>
File: VtM 20 - The Black Hand 17.png (707KB, 450x1280px) Image search: [Google]
VtM 20 - The Black Hand 17.png
707KB, 450x1280px
>Offering the Awakened Soul (Awakened Spell: Deva •••••)

>Cast upon a vampire and sorcerer, this spell joins a vampire’s intellect to an Awakened magical essence. The magus reverently ingests the vampire’s blood, joining their souls so that his undead patron may cast spells.

Why the hell would any sorcerer/mage do this kind of shit? It can only be detrimental to them.
>>
>>53197556
Why do people do a lot of stupid things? It seemed like a good idea at the time.
>>
>>53197556
They could be young and stupid, or blood bound, or doing it as part of a plot. Depends on the plot. Foolish, but not categorically stupid.
>>
>>53197556
Deava hot sexy undead girl.
Young unexpirienced mage.
>>
File: VtM 20 - The Hunters Hunted 23.png (2MB, 1281x965px) Image search: [Google]
VtM 20 - The Hunters Hunted 23.png
2MB, 1281x965px
>>53197644

This is from Masquerade, the Daeva vampires aren't there, it's just the name of the spell that's Deva.
>>
>>53197644
Everyone knows mages go with werewolves anon
>>
File: file.png (60KB, 412x420px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
60KB, 412x420px
Is there anyone who still legitimately supports insecure magefags?

>guys having fun talking about combining powers
>uhmmm ackhually *snort* dat'z noting compared to forces 10 *sniff*

No wonder they got bullied so much
>>
>>53195982
It doesn't, but the fluff is just as good (at least LS1)
>>
File: VtM 20 - The Hunters Hunted 11.png (6MB, 1289x1787px) Image search: [Google]
VtM 20 - The Hunters Hunted 11.png
6MB, 1289x1787px
Well, I'm done with ripping what art I liked from Vampire: The Masquerade (normal and 20th anniversary) and Dark Ages: Vampire. Now time to finish Requiem stuff before I put all these up online for everyone to use and share.

After Requiem I'll probably finish what I started with Mage: The Ascension, after that it's Werewolf: The Apocalypse and Wraith: The Oblivion. If I'm not burnt out on this shit, I might end up doing the other splats as well, even though I'm not particularly interested in them.
>>
File: file.png (231KB, 408x596px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
231KB, 408x596px
>>53196886
You sure you've got the right mega?

Cuz my copy was pretty good
>>
>>53196804
Yeah, like half of the clan art in the 20th anniversary is a PoC of some manner, which is kind of ridiculous for anywhere other than Spain
>>
File: Book of Nod 12.png (1MB, 906x1422px) Image search: [Google]
Book of Nod 12.png
1MB, 906x1422px
>>53197821

>that small resolution of a whole page
>two pages displayed at once you do open the .pdf

I disagree with the implication that it's anywhere near good. The Book of Nod in the same Mega archive, albeit the VtM part of it, is equally shitty.

Compared to the one I found in some random Mega archive, it's obviously of lower quality.
>>
Apparently Ken Hite is the new lead designer of Vampire 5e. Thoughts?
>>
>>53198023
5e will be shit regardless of lead designer
>>
>>53198023

What did he work on previously?
>>
>>53198103
Mage: The Sorcerer's Crusade for Ascension
Cainite Heresy for Vampire the Dark Ages
Secrets of the Ruined Temple for Awakening
A bunch of GURPS supplements
>>
>>53198103
Also Trail of Cthulhu. Plus he contributed to Unknown Armies 2e, I think.
>>
>>53197556
Because half the mages are nerd beta orbiters and half the vampires have some dots on Presence.
>>
>>53197974

I stand corrected. Just saw that the Book of Nod in the usual Mega archive has been replaced by the Revised edition of it.
>>
>>53197861
I was unaware that there was a Melanin Curtain that kept anyone darker than Goering from being able to enter Europe.
>>
>>53197556
People do stupid things for love all the time, anon.
>>
>>53198531

>Lasombra embraced mostly from nobility and the Catholic church
>somehow end up with this as a representation of your Clan
>>
>>53198207
>A bunch of GURPS supplements
VtM is doomed
>>
>>53198531
Don't act fucking coy.

It's exactly the same as remaking KotEK and having half of them be white.

It's just diversity for diversity's sake
>>
>>53193419

Did the scary book trigger you snowflake, you better get back to your safe space ASAP!
>>
>>53198579
delet this
>>
>>53198579
>main Lasombra center of power is Spain
>Spain currently controlled by MENA natives and mixed descendants
>pretty much a stone's throw away from North Africa
>Christianity started in Middle East, spread via Rome, which wasn't exactly lilywhite either
>>
>>53196804
>>53197861

Oh no, did this trigger you guys, best get back to your safe spaces before the snowflake you floated in on melts!
>>
>>53198023

I KNEW something was up with him going to WoD: Berlin!

Hite's a pretty darn good designer, he worked on some Requiem books. He's explicitly not a huge fan of the "sympathetic vampire", so he's a bit of a strange choice to be the lead. It might be the most positive news I've heard about 5e yet, though.

>>53198612

You do know that there were countries involved in the middle ages that don't fit into the modern concept of what counts as "white", right?
>>
>>53198645
OK, that's the Lasombra.

What about the Tzimisce, Cappadocian, Brujah and the Gangrel?

I'll let slide the fact that the Assamites, Setites and Ravnos are also PoC since they have a reason to.

But for a series that's supposed to be set in medieval Europe there sure are a small amount of whites
>>
>>53198762
>Brujah's entire cultural heritage is from a city-state in Africa
>Gangrel are rootless wanderers who can come from literally anywhere
>Tzimisce territory is right next door to Turkey
>Cappadocian is Italian-white, what are you on about?
>>
>>53198742
Yes, and that's why I'm not complaining about the Assamites (even though their template is subafrican black instead of middle eastern) Setites or Ravnos.
>>53198691
>h-heh I'll call them what they called me that'll show em
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE WEREN'T ANY BLACKS IN BOHEMIA?
>>
>>53198645

Was it really based in Spain? I only recall Sicily being mentioned as a place where the Antediluvian settled.

>>53198691

No one is triggered, we're just pointing out if something seems inconsistent. No need to get upset, anon.

>>53198762

To be fair, the Tzimisce can fleshcraft themselves to look like any way they want. Example: this here representation of the Tzimisce was born male.

Brujah used to be mostly focused on Carthage once upon a time, so I can see them being darker skinned.

Gangrels do wander around and I was honestly expecting to see another viking representation so the black chick came out of the left field for me. That said, it can fit with their wandering theme, but wasn't there already some kind of African vampires present there?

>Cappadocian

Wait, what? I think you're confusing them with someone else. The Cappadocian is white.
>>
>>53198848
>>53198762

Here's the Cappadocian.
>>
File: file.png (43KB, 208x125px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
43KB, 208x125px
>>53198810
Yeah, a semitic cultural heritage you mong. Carthaginians were NOT subafrican black.

I'll give you the Gangrel.

>Tzimisce territory is right next door to Turkey
Ah yes, truly next door neighbours.

And mind you, the books are set before the turks conquered the western half of Anatolia
>>53198867
Well I guess either my copy's fucked or I'm going blind because in my book the Cap's a lot darker
>>
>>53198883
Carthage also didn't have its own Melanin Curtain. Hell, there were African Senators in Rome itself.

And you're ignoring that Bulgaria and Hungary are also in the Tzimisce range. And that Constantinople wasn't nearly lilywhite either.
>>
>>53198810
Carthage was not African as we know it. It was founded by Phoenicians who hail from modern day Lebanon.

In antiquity Anatolia, modern day Turkey, was settled by the Byzantines and earlier way the fuck earlier than that the Hittites, an Indo-European people
>>
>>53198912
Again, you seem to think you'll win this argument by demonizing me into some retarded Aryanist tool who believes that black people were invented in the 19th century or something. I fully realize that Europe, especially the coastal cities, was a lot more diverse than thought of. But I'm complaining that they're trying to shoehorn blacks into it, and subsequently Middle Eastern people get the shaft, when they were definitely a lot more present than blacks.
>>
>WoD documentary declares that only White Wolf Publishing and Dracula brought back the WoD, V20 only appeared from the ether before their return

I knew the documentary was going to be a puff piece, but from what I've been hearing about it's premiere showing, it's more like a full on fellatio.
>>
>>53198976

Where are you getting this information from?
>>
>>53198949
That's still not white. I though this was about not having enough white people, not having too many black people. Not to mention that I have no idea why Brujah couldn't Embrace a black person anyway.

>>53198953
There are literally two black people (Brujah and Gangrel) and at least four MENA people (Assamite, Lasombra, Setite and Tzimisce; the Ravnos might count too, if he's not Indian). I literally don't understand your concern.
>>
Demon the decent question about angel jacking:

Its a extended and contested roll, first person to get the angels cover in successes wins. Each roll is 1 turn, what happens if the cover is 5, Angel rolls first and gets 5, Player rolls and also gets 5. Tie?. How do you decide who rolls first?

Are there any examples of extended & contested rolls in other CoD 2e books?
>>
>>53199006
In what way is the Setite not black? Actual Egyptians are lighter than that
>>
>>53198987

Hearsay from WoD Berlin. Apparently the World of Darkness documentary came out last night. It's going to tour cons until a public release, so we'll see how true the hearsay is.
>>
>>53199006
>>53199035

Here's the Setite.
>>
Ok so, someone on OPP forums summed up the news, and someone on SA reposted it. Here it is now:

>Kenneth Hite is developer
>Changeling MET is next
>Black Dog label is back
>Authors keep 50% of revenue
>First V5 public playtest is tomorrow

>Becketts Jyhad Diary to be the setting and metapolt bible of V5

>Format will be one slimmer than normal core rulebook with all the game systems for each line starting with Vampire but to encompass eventually one for all 5 original games

>The lines will work together but whether they will be balanced to play together is unclear even to therm at this stage.

>Demon, Changeling, and all other lines that came later may appear in other media formats before their tabletop games arrive

More incoming, there's a lot of summary.
>>
>>53199032
Wouldn't it go in initiative?
>>
>>53199119

Well, shit. From what's been mentioned here in the general, I'm not liking the looks of it at all.
>>
>The philsophy with KotE is that is if they find someone from the area who can do it they will. They want to avoid the problem of having people write about a culkture when they do not know it themselves.

>Setting material will be presented seperately in huge books related to specific groups the first two being Camrilla and Anarch setting and source books

>The setting material will be the reference material for all creative projects from film to larp and tt - and there will be an online hub for sharing every aspect of the wod in every media. Contributors to this "storytelling vault" will be paid 50% of what their contributions earn.

>Vampires first two setting books will be Camarilla and Anarch with Sabbat to come later (see below for the metaplot reasons for this). These will release with the core rulebook for V5

>Blood Pool is gone. It was described as a gas meter and thus not very sexy. In its place is an elegant and well thought out system relating hunger to the likelihood of frenzy. You will have composure as a resource. You can opt to spend this when faced with a situation where you want to resist doing something eg feeding at the sight of blood. If you spend it however you get a red hunger die or more in your pools (for probably all your rolls) which will act to increase your chance of entering frenzy. If you dont, you do something you dont want to, avoiding compulsion, but you will have more composure when the chance you frenzy comes up, and less hunger, meanijng less liklely to frenzy.

>Similar mechanics will replace Rage and other power supply traits in the core books for those games.

>Over 40 books currenbtly in development. Hopes for an adult tv show by 2020.

>System will use dots and d10s and be recognisable to older fans. However some dice may be customised and the inclusion of hunger dice is a sign that further innovations of the d10 system are planned.
>>
Just posting the rest of these.
>>
>>53199163
This actually sounds pretty interesting.
>>
Final part:

>Vampires will have two looks, one for the mortal world and one for Elysium
The Masquerade more important than ever

>Its so important the Anarchs have had to agree to join the Cam or be exterminated for not following the 1st Tradition

>The 2nd Inquisition is underway after governement agencies have discovered the truth. And its brutal and ugly.

>The 2nd Inquisition ties in with the Technocracy AND Pentex but the vampires have yet to cotton on to how those spies keep outwitting their attempts to stay hidden...seems as if a new and truly ugly Massassa War may be brewing.

>The 2nd Impergium is underway with the Garou finally having listened to the Red Talons (and grudgingly accepted the Ratkinsw argument) that humanity must be stopped. Werewolves have realised that Gaia is almost dead.

>The current world tensions between Islam and the west are in truth just the mortal facet of the Gehenna Wars

>The Gehenna Wars have mysteriously called many elders to the east, in something called The Beckoning, the Sabbat have been especially responsive. Some elders are resisting the Beckoning.
Sabbat reveling in the chaos and war of our times and is now seeking out the ancients to utterly destroy them. This may be what The Beckoning relates to.

>The Sabbat situation is unclear.

>Camarilla more secretive than ever and Masquerade strongly enforced.
>>
>>53199035
>>53199086
Dude, thats not black.
>>
>>53199163
>They want to avoid the problem of having people write about a culkture when they do not know it themselves
>avoiding offending the nips and gooks who don't play these games to begin with
>>
>>53199163

>first two being Camarilla and Anarchs

Boo! Give us the Sword of Caine.
>>
>>53198742
>You do know that there were countries involved in the middle ages that don't fit into the modern concept of what counts as "white", right?

>Implying half the OP writers have the capability for that kind of nuance.

To be fair, the LaSombra looks believable as a kind of Greek-descended Italian like those from Amalfi or Venice which fits the whole 'embracing into the Catholic Church's thing. What I don't get is why the Tzimisce iconic who comes from a clan known for being specifically tied to Carpathian Slavs- some of the palest looking fuckers- looks like a dusky Copt. Unless she's a Byzantine, but still.
>>
>>53199219
Dude, that IS black
>>
>>53199215

>The 2nd Inquisition ties in with the Technocracy AND Pentex but the vampires have yet to cotton on to how those spies keep outwitting their attempts to stay hidden...seems as if a new and truly ugly Massassa War may be brewing.

And just like that, the vampires have lost the fight.

Seriously, how can they possibly compete with the Technocratic Union openly gunning for them?

>>The 2nd Impergium is underway with the Garou finally having listened to the Red Talons (and grudgingly accepted the Ratkinsw argument) that humanity must be stopped. Werewolves have realised that Gaia is almost dead.

This is retarded. Like Time of Gehenna retarded. Like Week of Nightmares retarded.

Modern humans can outright annihilate the Garou, even without the assistance of other factions. Combine the Mages, Technocracy, Vampires and God knows what else, and the Garou have just assured their extinction.
>>
>>
>>53199257
WW in general seem to think that slavs are black, Sascha Vykos (before he became the alien thingy) hails from Carpathian royalty yet is described as having a dusky skin tone
>>
File: index.jpg (5KB, 201x241px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 201x241px
>>53199258
Sorry my friend, but that is not black.
>>
>>
Surprise! New entry!

>Overall, the setting is intensifying in line with intensification of world events

>The metaplot will not be dictation. We are all going to have a major effect on all the metaplot elements. It's going to be something we make happen. Sects will fall based on the choices players make. The power they want us to have will be that big.

>Dice tests will be reduced to a single roll when possible
>>
Children of Osiris confirmed white :^)
>>
>>53199086
>>53199219
He looks Capsoid. That's Ethiopian black, you mong
>>
>>
File: file.png (87KB, 210x224px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
87KB, 210x224px
>>53199308
Ah, I see now, you're most likely an American who misunderstands what black actually is
>>
>>53199119
>Authors keep 50% of revenue
>The lines will work together but whether they will be balanced to play together is unclear even to therm at this stage.
>>53199163
>first two being Anarch setting
>Blood Pool is gone
>Over 40 books currenbtly in development
>some dice may be customised and the inclusion of hunger dice is a sign that further innovations of the d10 system are planned.
>The 2nd Inquisition is underway after governement agencies have discovered the truth. And its brutal and ugly.
>The 2nd Inquisition ties in with the Technocracy AND Pentex
>The current world tensions between Islam and the west are in truth just the mortal facet of the Gehenna Wars

I do not like any of this
>>
>>
>>53199168
There is no point in the existence of this bloodline
>>
>>
>>53199325
Of course best bloodline is white :^)
>>
>>
>>53199345
Why? Some of it sounds great, like the lack of blood pool and the Inquisition. And I prefer Camarilla settings anyway.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>53199163
>>53199215
>Blood Pool is gone. It was described as a gas meter and thus not very sexy.
>the Anarchs have had to agree to join the Cam
>some dice may be customised
>The 2nd Inquisition ties in with the Technocracy AND Pentex
>The 2nd Impergium is underway with the Garou finally having listened to the Red Talons

This sounds lame.
>>
>>53199357
'diversity'
>>
>>
>>53198848
>Was it really based in Spain?

Oh yeah, The Sea of Shadows is basically Spain, Portugal, etc. Ladombra conquistadors that came to South America and basically founded the foothold of Christianity and the Sabbat there.

Not to mention their long history with the Spanish Navy.
>>
>>53199608
Best Clan
>>
>>
>>
>>53199635
Why is it lame? Aside from customized dice, but that can be worked around.
>>
And that's it.
>>
>>53199215
>The 2nd Impergium is underway with the Garou finally having listened to the Red Talons
finally, feels good to be right

>and grudgingly accepted the Ratkinsw argument
What argument?

>Werewolves have realised that Gaia is almost dead.
Well, it took more than it should, werewolves are really dumb
>>
>>53199706
>>53199399
>Changing how vampires work
>Mixing multiple splats metaplots
>Anarchs aren't anarchs anymore
>Anarchs having more relevance than Sabbat (or being relevant at all)
>Inquisition outside the Dark Ages (Why don't play DA instead?)
>Custom dice you will have to buy from White Wolf, like the shit Star Wars RPG dice
>Werewolves making stupid decisons (nothing new though)
>Developing FOURTY books in the same time
>>
>>53199775
Anarchs were always part of the Camarilla, and a world where the metaplots don't mix would make no sense, especially for a One World of Darkness. And certainly more people will play Camarilla and anarchs than Sabbat. As for custom dice, you literally don't need them; just take a regular die and decide what everything on it means.
>>
>>53198912
The Sahara did act as melanin curtain for most of antiquity. The nexus between subsaharan africa and the Mediterranean were Egypt and Arabia, not Carthage. Trade between the Maghrib and the Sahel starts in the times of Ghana, very recent in the time of Vampire Dark Ages.
>>
>>53199775

Combine the vampire stuff with the "Elders being mysteriously beckoned to the East" and it just seems like they want to literally level the playing field to newly-made vampires.
>>
>>53199775
>>53199798
Let's not forget 16th generation being a thing
>>
>>53199794
>and a world where the metaplots don't mix would make no sense
They will have to nerf mages to the ground to the setting to make any sense
>>
>>53199830
And it will be glorious.
>>
>>53199794
>Anarchs were always part of the Camarilla
t. Cammie goon
>>
>>53199815

>16th generation being a thing

Oh God, what?

>>53199843

I say this primarily as someone who enjoys and plays Vampire: fuck you.

I fucking hate bullshit like this. I hate things getting nerfed into the ground, solely for the sake of crossover play. If you want to crossover splats, do it on your own time.
>>
>>53199775
>Developing FOURTY books at* the same time
This can't be stressed enough
>>
>>53199652
Not to mention that Sicily was governed by iberians (first Aragon then Spain) for a long period.
>>
>>53199872
What, you don't look forward to the impending magefag bitchfits? And it's not just for crossover that I look forward to the nerf, but for the integrity of the world as a whole.
>>
>>53199913
>but for the integrity of the world as a whole.
Why are you considering mage stuff canon in a VtM game just to begin with? It's stupid as hell, it makes no sense whatsoever
>>
>>53199163
>no kuei jin
Best change so far
>>
>>53199877

You have to realize, White Wolf AB desperately wants to continue the narrative that they are the true, uninterrupted continuation of the White Wolf Spirit. Think early Pathfinder era hype from Paizo.

This means that they feel like they have to get back on the supplement treadmill. Hopefully the books will have better editing at least.
>>
I'm going to do a goofy/not serious session of vampire and to fuck the players I was planning on putting "not-remilia scarlet" as an npc but I fucking suck when it comes to putting stats and I'm sure I'm forgetting something

So how does it sound:

Remilia scarlet
6th or 7th gen tzimisce (She fits more as a toreador, but according to touhou she descends from dracula)
Sire: vlad tepes
Nature: whimsical
Demeanor: tyrant
Apparent age: 12
Str 4 dex 7 con 4
Cha 4 man 3 app 3
Per 4 int 5 wits 2
Alert 3
Weaponry 4 (spear)
Brawl 2
Acrobatics/dodge 5
Stealth 2
Never really gave a shit to put social or mental skills for NPCs because its almost never needed

Potence 4, protean 4, animalism 1, vissicitude 1, obtenebration 3, celerity 4, auspex 4, thaumaturge 5, fly 2 or 3

Backgrounds too seem unnecessary to write down for NPCs because it seems like a waste of time, for example, to have to write down if the followers are 4 or 5

Courage: 2 self control 5 conscience 4
Power of the inner voice 6
Willpower: should be low since remilia is a brat that does anything as to not get bored but since it is supposed to be a boss-level NPC she gets 9

Pls help
>>
>>53192159

They don't work because they're bullshit.

Look, man, the fact is consensus can only carry you so far. The Technocracy bases it's science on rationally understanding things that the Traditions took for granted, like "why do things fall down" or "why does light work this way" and used their abilities to build off it.

What the Technos fail to account for and accept, is that sometimes bullshit walks, at least in the WoD.
>>
>>53200012
>according to touhou she descends from Dracula

No, she CLAIMS she descends from Dracula. She's fucking lying.
>>
>>53200074
Oh well, on one hand my players don't know that much, on the other its a fucking little girl character in a lore-breaking session so whatever, toreador or ventrure

Still, anything else?
>>
>>53199872
Jyhad Diary states that now even the 15th can sire
>>
>>53199163
What the hell is this stream of news? are they even news, or some shit you just made up?
>>
>>53200199
I guess that 16th gen will be rarer than 3th gen.
>>
>>53200012
Fuck off with your loli shit you pedophile
>>
File: Al-aswad.jpg (126KB, 370x500px) Image search: [Google]
Al-aswad.jpg
126KB, 370x500px
>>53200272

It's from here:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-classic-world-of-darkness/1017563-world-of-darkness-berlin-2017?p=1091519#post1091519

The one thing that guy forgot to paste is the following:

> Art will involve much photography

FUCK EVERYTHING! IT'S SHIT!

Summoning Al-aswad to unmake Creation.
>>
Is mega working for anybody else? Every time it finishes loading, for me, it just starts loading again.
>>
>>53200199
Yup, but that's with their genitals, not with their fangs. The scum is so thin-blooded they're basically Kine.
>>
File: 1488788660157.jpg (156KB, 759x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488788660157.jpg
156KB, 759x800px
>>53200329

Yeah, it's working just fine.
>>
>>53200342
I'm not talking about dhampirs, it has an example of a 15th gen actually siring someone
>>
Seriously, how the fuck do they expect to do 'artwork' for Tzimisce with photographs? Especially since I doubt they'd be willing to shell out the money for one those of creature/monster workshops that used to be big in the past decades to do the work for them.
>>
>>53200300
>this mad
Get the fuck out back to the normalfag site for underaged you crawled from
>>
>>53200422
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1367048.Horripilations

All his work is done with traditional photography methods. No photoshop.
>>
>>53199163
>2nd Impergium
>Werewolves listening to Red Talons

This is the last thing anyone would ever do. Of all the possible ideas, how could they decide this was the best course of action to progress the franchise?

Seriously of all the most radical werewolves tribe even the fucking Get of Fenris realises that the Red Talons are a bunch of retards
>>
>>53200496

I don't understand what kind of reaction you were looking for here, given that I can't see what's in that book.
>>
>>53200522
>Faction of retards follow the lead of their most retarded members
Sounds like someone at ww has been playing a lot of WoW recently
>>
Why does the DUDE PRIME 6 AGAINST CAINE LMAO meme keep perpetuating when The Red Sign says that even removing the curse from a common vamp is "impossible'?
>>
So which is the more likely steps ww will take with mage 5e: Importing the Pax Arcanum to hand wave archmages or outright removal of archmages
>>
>>53200833
>outright removal of archmages
This and nerf normal spheres too, to make mages balanced with other splats
>>
>>53200850
I doubt spheres will get anymore than a slap on the wrist. If anything paradox is gonna be ramped up to actually be a threat to mages instead of a small speed bump
>>
>>53200850
What about buffing other splats?
>>
>>53200522
I'll say more: from my experience playing Apocalypse, I would say that not even the Red Talons themselves had any hope of convincing the other garous. Red Talons in modern nights were more about whining about and sneakily eating some random isolated human. lmpergium was a lost utopia forfand them and the tribe had no say in garou politics. They're fucking wolves, how are they gonna convince anyone of anything regardless of how retarded or unretarded is the thing?
>>
>>53200888
Other splats are powerful enough. Vampires are one of the weakest and you can easily reach demigodly powers in any chronicle that lasts a couple of centuries.
>>
>>53200889

My guess is that the 5e setting is going to have the 5 degree world temperature increase occur, so the WoD is on a full, irreversible train to ecological collapse. That wouldn't explain why the rest of the Garou Nation is on board now, but that's probably what they'll lean on.
>>
>>53199215
>>Vampires will have two looks, one for the mortal world and one for Elysium

How does that even work? Do they change costumes or are vampires all secretly Nosferatu now?
>>
>>53201019

Probably permanent Blush of Life outside the Elysium. Remember, they removed Blood Pool, so you wouldn't spend shit on it
>>
D&D DM reporting in.

My group got an interest into WOD, and we're thinking about playing it soon, but I have some concerns.

I never read anything about the setting itself, I know a few things about Vampire, Werewolf and Mage but I'm having a lot of trouble in thinking about a story or some sort of goal to get something good enough to make a story out of it.

We're still thinking about which book we'll use, but still, I have no idea on how to make this work since I've been doing medieval-sword-to-the-face-with-barely-any-backstory stuff my whole life.

Any help, anons? I'll read the books for sure.
>>
>>53199451
>Celtic vampire is white.
That's offensive to new Britons everywhere. WW needs to fix this white-washed shit, inshallah
>>
>>53201050
Werewolf: the Apocalypse is the easiest transition out of D&D; it's all about fighting evil, with enough flexibility for non-physical solutions if need be, and your goal can just be saving the world, with backstory used only as much as you want it to be.
>>
>>53201108
Don't forget fatshaming
>>
>>53201155
>>
>>53201050
Are you interested in WOD or COFD? Classic wod and new wod respectively
>>
>>53201035
But how does that make the Masquerade even more important?
>>
>>53201130
Isn't too similar? Yeah, we want a soft transition, but we still want to feel like it's something different.

>>53201186
Classic, I guess. The few things I already know about the scenario came from WOD, specially Mage.
>>
>>53199032
Not 2e but in the wod core book, in pursuits. The two characters compite to get the objective succeses, the first one to get there, wins.
>>
>>53201247
I'll say that Masquerade 20th is the best for starters. Just watch some movies about action and/o detectives and give them a vampire painting. Don't forget some action inside building so they can use some powers without breaking the masquerade.
>>
>>53201392
Initiative.
>>
>>53198579
...That's a white woman with a tan you fucking nigger.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.