[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Collaborative Worldbuilding thread : one feature at a time I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1494006455479.jpg (130KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1494006455479.jpg
130KB, 1200x630px
Collaborative Worldbuilding thread : one feature at a time

I remember some pretty good stuff coming out of these
I'll start

>this world is a hollow sphere. On the outside, stellar radiation makes the surface blazing hot during the days and near space-cold at night. The outside crust is also incredibly rich in minerals and resources, brought by almost intact meteorites fallen from space
>>
>>53178113
>stellar radiation and a thin atmosphere*
My bad
>>
>>53178113
>At the center of the sphere, there is a pool of energy, pushing outward at the outer crust, and fighting against the effects of gravity.
>>
>>53178190
If the sphere is hollow then there is no gravity towards its center
>this inverted gravity effectively means you can "fall into space" from the surface
>>
>>53178190
this pool of energy is also the source of magic in the world
generations after generations, the different civilisations and powerful cities inside the sphere have built gigantic towers that stretch all the way up to the "Source of All"
where the towers meet is the neutral and sacred city of Apex, where archmages, priests, nobles and scholars coexist in an uneasy truce, rife with politicking and deceit
>>
>>53178311
Anyone can have access to magic, technically, since it only means getting to Apex and learning to control the energy, which starts naturally flowing through you once you've touched its source, but only the most gifted and richest of all can hope to become a Magic Weaver.
>>
>>53178471
The tradition of coming of age of almost all peoples of the world includes a pilgrimage to Apex and a ceremony where the new citizens are allowed to touch the Source, thus granting them one minor instinctive magic boon for life, often useful, but rarely as powerful as a fully fledged spell
>>
>>53178546
Also, the farther Weavers go from Apex, the harder it gets to access the full range of their powers. The least powerful ones are only left with the spark every citizen get when they touch the 'floor' of the hollow world, but they will never admit it.
>>
Races present in this world :
>Avians, bird-people with a great affinity with Magic since they've been living in the highest cities for generations
>?
>>
>>53178891
I'm partial to humans as the dominant race
The nobles living in Apex would tend to be short and stocky because of the strong gravity up there and the peasants on the ground would be elongated and lanky
Being tall is considered disgraceful and midgets are considered the summit of beauty and elegance

On the outside of the planet, strange beasts lurk : giant insects that evolve in a reduced gravity, constantly gripping the ground for fear of falling into the void
>>
>>53178949
Humans are always nice as dominant species, but I like the idea of Avians. Not especially intelligent but since birds (and possibly bats, even insectes) were the ones to live closest to the Source, they could have become powerful, if a bit beastly
>>
>>53178949
Maybe creatures that live inside the ground and that have learned to use the strange gravity as a weapon : digging the ground under villages to make the barrier between them and space thinner so that buildings make the ground collapse under their weight and trap the people inside
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.