[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know, it's one thing to pilot giant transforming mecha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Gouryujin.jpg (155KB, 452x418px) Image search: [Google]
Gouryujin.jpg
155KB, 452x418px
You know, it's one thing to pilot giant transforming mecha but I think I would rather be the giant transforming mecha and be able to transform with my fellow PCs
>>
File: 2221584221_62fb9777fa.jpg (45KB, 270x350px) Image search: [Google]
2221584221_62fb9777fa.jpg
45KB, 270x350px
>>53165055
I hear you there, anon
>>
Kind of tried this in M&M. Things got out of hand very quickly where either I had to be removed from the action via plot convenience or the rest of the party was completely useless in the fights.
If you CAN get a party who are all on board for it and a better system it could work.
>>
>>53165055
You mean like, a transformers game?
Or a game where everyone is a human except for you who is a city destroying robot in secret?
>>
>>53165283

No, I mean where everyone is a giant mecha and the NPCs are the humans. If it can work for gaogaigar it can work for us.
>>
>>53165055

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TebWKdhIuZA
>>
>>53165354
Just so long as you can still engage in manly combination to form an even larger mecha it's all good.
>>
>>53165207
Could it work if the one robot PC wasn't giant?
>>
>>53165399

Of course. Are you telling me you wouldn't want to do a 5 man combination to become a super form of yourself?

>>53165404
I don't see why not. You could always have that one be the "core" or something vital to the others bringing out their powers. Or maybe you provide an individual power boost by combining with individual members.
>>
>>53165055

I don't know of an RPG setting like that, but I currently am running a GURPS game with skinsuited PCs who each get a transforming mecha. You just remove the pilot's seat from the cockpit module and have the onboard computer be an AI that runs everything. Or leave the seat there but unoccupied.

Game mechanically there's no difference until you get down to motorcycles and other shit that requires more than one component slot to fit the pilot. Even then you'd probably want the seat area there.
>>
Perhaps allowing PCs to transform into their super giant forms would be an option. Can't imagine too much you can do as a 50 ft tall mecha cool as that may be.
>>
>>53165404
As long as he can form the head.
>>
>>53165607

Actually, ok, more on that. I'm playing using the spaceships rules for design. BUT. GURPS can be re-zeroed on a Size Modifier of, say, SM3 (about the size of a car or small truck).

Then you run the game exactly out of the box. Humans become a creature template with an effective SM of -3. Everyone moves and runs and shoots and wrestles as if they're normal human size. Nothing breaks because GURPS is designed for this.

This guy >>53165811 is right that being that big is awkward. But if all the major characters are that size, and if all the places where the characters usually go are big enough to accommodate them, then why not? At that point trips into human cities are adventures in the land of the lilliputians but the main characters are all so big that they interact with one another normally.

(All the square cube issues that make big people interacting different from normal size people are waived by default. You could certainly add that in, but really the genre never does, so why should you?)
>>
>>53165458
Only problem with combining is, who gets to run the gestalt robot? You can't really have five people choosing actions for a single character. You'd have one guy playing and all the others sitting out waiting for the fight to be over.
>>
>>53167936
Maybe you can adapt the rules from RT ship combat with each player managing something.
>>
>>53167936
Well, there is one idea where everyone has to make a decision by consensus, and the fluff just says that a team can only combine when they're all on the same page because power of teamwork and friendship.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.