[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Be me > Be okay at painting > Be pestered constantly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 1323919239898.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1323919239898.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
> Be me
> Be okay at painting
> Be pestered constantly by the local "Pro painter"
> Pro = Can use wash, edge highlight and sometimes clean mess ups.
> He expects up front payment of 30-20$ per single infantry character model
> Annoys people constantly about commissions and harasses people, and often cheats against noobs. I'm talking 650 points in a 500 game levels of cheat
> My friend who knew little of the bastard takes his offer and has him paint his new sly marbo
> Takes him 4 months to do
> In the mean time he does other commissions for friends and people he knows, and keeps commissions open even though he's busy
> When my friend bothers him about it he says he's busy
> He rush jobs it after the threat of physical altercation and eventually hands him back his model.
> Sly marbo looks like a baby between pizza the hut and an ork
> Tell him "Hey, if you'd like I'll strip the model and paint him for ye"

I've a lot of stories on this 'pro painting' noob abusing fucker, and If any of you are interested I can keep them coming. I could tell you about the time he said battle cannons were str 10 ap 2, and when he tried to hit on girls at the store, or just some of the fucked upness that's happened at my local game store.
>>
>>53158471
>girls at the store
Okay, now I KNOW you're making this up
>>
Well you started a thread for this, killing another (probably no loss really), so you might as well continue.
>>
File: foknkekm8.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
foknkekm8.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>53158495
fpbp, bb
>>
>>53158499
here here
>>
>>53158495
just to be fair, i have been to lgs across my state (my job takes me to different unis for a few weeks at a time so i always stop in) and have seen plenty of girls at the lgs even in towns as small as 10k. not to say they are a majority, but i would say about a 15 to 1 ratio. much better than most people suggest. ttrpgs and tcgs are becoming more popular in the nerd culture thanks to hearthstone and the like.
>>
>>53158495
Not him but there's plenty of girls in at my store, they're mostly weeaboos there for manga/anime merch or some game player's gf.
>>
>>53158471
A guy at my store does commissions for people that are actually pretty fucking good but what's more impressive is how quick he pumps them out. He got a greater daemon done overnight for a guy and the quality was incredible.
>>
File: tumblr_o42371LpdG1vosb39o1_500.jpg (56KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o42371LpdG1vosb39o1_500.jpg
56KB, 500x334px
>>
>>53158820
>>53158499

OP here
> Be me
> Stared tau because I love gundams and reasonable people
> Collect for a year, learn to paint good, show up to the GW after overcoming that social anxiety
> People show me how to pay, and on my third game I run into the "Pro Painter"
> I ask him "Hey, is it okay if I use some formations?" This was right after the new 7th ed codex, and I needed all the help I could get, I just lost to fucking CSM with tau...
> He says no to formations, tau are broken op, and then proceeds to use unbound necron list, with tomb guard, a flying pastry, the deceiver and a kryptek and overlord in a 500 point game.
> I've only a fireblade, 17 fire warriors, a hammerhead and 10 pathfinders.
> He fucking invites his bro in to join and make it a three way, even though I didn't want that.
> He complains about tau all game long, calls me a cheese monger with my OP fire warriors.
> He comes in turn one from reserves, has his tesla wound +4 times on 6s, and extra wounds can generate more wounds.
> He gets out and says he can assault from reserves.
> He fails the assault, but it doesn't matter, he killed 10 fire warriors and my warlord with one volley from his flyer.
> He assaults me next turn, kills everything, consolidates into CC with the 5 man fire warrior squad (this is 7th ed) and swipes them.

all the while he bitched about tau cheese while playing necrons, and talked to his bro about how tau were dickish. I conceded after that turn. The bro who was there (who's a true awesome guy) brought me aside and told me how the match wasn't worth shit because the guy I played cheats. constantly.

I went home, checked his list. He was 150 points over in a 500 point game.

Pic is related, it's my fire warriors from back then. Ignore the cringy mine craft block.

Sorry my net fucked up and I somehow sent my picture and not the text.
>>
>>53158471
> Be me
Return to that place.

Also spaces after arrows... terrible.
>>
>>53158471

That paint job could work for a chaos marine. Just make them cenobite marines.
>>
>>53159149
>He was 150 points over in a 500 point game
This is why I don't like games with complicated point buys. So easy to abuse.

Shouldn't the LGS offer verification before a match?
>>
>>53159149
>taufag
He was not wrong tho. Any cheese is forgivable against weeaboo commies.
>>
>>53159239
Oh, I didn't know fire warriors and a cadre fireblade with pathfinders and a hammerhead in a cad were cheese. I know it rekt people back in editions before 6-7th, right?
>>
>>53159199

Couldn't you check yourself? Just say you wanna see what they got and to show you the book. And you could do the same. Why does the store have to confirm it all unless they are the ones who made the tournament or there's some prize and there needs to be a neutral arbiter to confirm things?
>>
>>53159149
it looks good op, makes me wish I had a lgs where I live
>>
>>53159267
Because I'm sure some shit would go down if you revealed a guy to be a cheater before his local gaming community.
>>
>>53159252
It's not cheese. He;s just an assblasted muhreen 'tard.
>>
>>53159267

Would of, but sadly I was a doe eyed noob at the time.

Anyways, here's another story.

>Be me
>Be me at the Local GW
>Learn that everyone secretly hates the bloke, but puts up with him because we all suspect he'd in the midst of 5th degree existential darkness
>He's chilling with us one day when some russian girls and their huge brother walk in
>they're accents are thick and the 'pro painter' gets up to go talk with them.
>He tries to sell them shit like he owns the place, lol, they're very much uncomfy.
>The girl says she's sorry if her english is bad because she's russian
>He says "Oh, I'm Russian" He tells everyone that
>Girl laughs, and goes "oh, do you know any russian?"
>He gets all nervous, and tries to say some bull shit like "Da, chikibriki"
>She seems confused as the awkwardness reaches next level due to the help of the manager's little helper
>He explains "Well, actually I'm half Georgian"
>They leave a minute afterwards not buying a thing, even though they're loaded tourists in a nice car.
>The manager takes him back to talk shit out.
>>
>>53158609
I'm a girl and I started fucking my local GW manager at the shop in the back room. Feels good man.
>>
>>53159282
he might get cranky but he's oblihated to show you the rules if you ask.
it may cause shit but none for you.
>>
>>53159369
>I started getting fucked
Fix'd that for you.
>>
>>53159425
so just like all GWs customers then?

hah
>>
>>53159425
Works for me.
>>
>>53159149
>tau
>reasonable
Tau are like some stupid sheltered child that acts wiser and more experienced then a grizzled vet who's seen the worst wars and knows the world for what it is.
>>
>>53159442
kek
>>
File: 1492457607973.png (197KB, 316x261px) Image search: [Google]
1492457607973.png
197KB, 316x261px
>>53158471
>be me
>started painting minis without the attention of playing the game
>learn about how cool the game is
>try my best to have a cool looking army with a background, no clones, some scenic details (blind markman, life wizard making flowers grow on his path) and even a little diorama
>play my first match
>opponant has a full unpainted army with clones built for winning
>>
>>53159369
How is Kyle doing anyway?
>>
>>53163151
The cool thing is, you can just refuse to play faggots like that.

I have a FSE army and I try to keep it reasonable. Fun and fluff is more important. Then again, I play with friends who aren't giant faggots.
>>
>>53158495
Who else plays Tyranids?
>>
>>53163151
>>53163650
I never played a wargame, but i constantly keep hearing this. Why don't they just limit certain units/try to make better rules?
>>
>>53158820
The models, are nice, paints are thin, cool colour scheme but the bases are complete and utter shit.
>>
>>53165482
Apart from the drone one, I think that's cool.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.