[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asked on /smtg/ but got no feedback. I'm thinking of running

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1150.png (47KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1150.png
47KB, 250x250px
Asked on /smtg/ but got no feedback.

I'm thinking of running an SMT tabletop game with 4-5 friends of mine. Non of them (Aside from one who beat persona 3/4) have any Expirience with SMT, but they all said they would be down. Should I just homebrew the shit out of it, or is there some pre-made system that we should use?
>>
GURPS
>>
>>53140975
Fuck you
>>
>>53140975

This is the "install Gentoo" of /tg/. Do people do this just to troll or are GURPS fags the freetards of /tg/ who think it's the pinnacle of game design?
>>
>>53141021
No, they are just lazy cunts that are content on playing on a single system until they rot.
>>
The Kamigakari thread supposedly can be used for Persona pretty easily. I've only skimmed the thread as I don't have time to read the PDF yet, but check it out
>>53085638
>>
>>53140824
You'll have to be a bit more specific to get good recommendations.
What exactly is your idea of a SMT tabletop game?
>>
I've been thinking about this as well OP and I've been considering using a Fantasy Flight kinda system.
But I'm awful at numbers so I don't know how that'd actually work.
>>
>>53140824
Are you doing more of a Persona game or are you doing mainline SMT?
Because you need to remember that Demon Negotiation is a good chunk of the game, guns are perfectly viable in the setting and the alignment affects how things get done and what Demons will actually listen to you.

Really, I'd choose a system with good magic and shooting mechanics.
>>
>>53141921
Alignment and negoations are also things that should change most when transferring SMT to tabletop as there those ideas don't have to be tied to videogamey mechanics.

Demon's requirements don't need to be boring old "Giv 10 mag plz," but can vary a lot more and be more interesting "Let me possess you next time light of full moon hits your skin," or "Kill a stranger for me".
And even alignment can just be what characters want and what demons want, instead of strict gamey system.
>>
>>53141021
Trolls know that fags easily get rustled by the mention of GURPS. If someone just posts GUPRS, they're a troll; if they post which books/rules to use, they're probably legitimate.

I'm a huge GURPSfag, but honestly the best answer is Monsters and Other Childish Things.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.