[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you guys ever join any of the university clubs? Like a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1463219059518.png (147KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1463219059518.png
147KB, 800x500px
Have you guys ever join any of the university clubs?

Like a board game association or some shit.

I start Grad School this Fall and I want to know your experiences.

I'm planning on joining a Vampire: The masquerade club.
>>
>>53127048
My university's rpg club is fantastic
>Minimal number of autists, those present are never bad enough to ruin games
>Bearable standards of hygiene
>Intermittent free pizza from club funding
>Cool camps and balls and shit
>They book sweetass rooms for us to game in
>>
>>53127048
>>I'm planning on joining a Vampire: The masquerade club.

DON'T
>>
>>53127444
What's wrong with the VtM community?
>>
Is it a tabletop or larp?
Tabletop VtM might, and I stress MIGHT be good. Avoid VtM larp like disgusting, cancerous shitfest that it is
>>
>>53127463
Almost everything that would be a bad or terrible habit and or attitude is encouraged in game.
This tends to attract people that don't roleplay like that, but are that awful.
>>
>>53127048
My university boardgame club is almost all MtG and entry level games like Betrayal.

Its a mediocre place to fish for players.

>>53127463
Everything you can imagine and a few things you cant.
>>
>>53127048
Here is a twist, OP:

Unless you are on some shit-tier course on shit-tier university (we are talking about doing Marketing degree at your local, underfunded public community college), you are not going to have time to play after the first year. Hell, assuming you will have monograph courses from the first semester, you are not going to have time to play ever. Not because you personally are going to be overburden with studying (but that's still an option), but because everyone is going to have different time table.

Also, if you are seriously planning to attend the university, you are still going to run out of time after first 2-3 semesters anyway, because there will be too much shit to do, read and also there is your thesis that needs to be written somewhere.
Assuming you are not reading books required for your study already/during summer, you are not going to have any time at all pretty quick.
So... yeah.

Also, 95% of university groups are looking for "4th bridge player" - there is already a party with a decend GM, but they lack that one schmuck to fill the role they lack. Rinse, repeat every next semester.
>>
>>53127048
I'm a member of my old university's RPG club (I've since them swithced to a different university in the same city since I'm now studying engineering instead of natural sciences, but haven't joined any clubs in the new university since the old club is much closer to where I live). I rarely go there, though, both due being too busy and due to them not really playing much RPGs there (mostly board games and permanently ongoing "club dungeoncrawl" that you can join and drop out of at any time if there's room). I do go to the weekend events they occasionally have, and as a member I get discount for boardgames and RPG stuff in the FLGS nearby.
>>
>Vtm club

Just find your local swingers club. It's basically the same thing, with nicer people and less stds.
>>
mostly bastards and social incompetents. good luck.
>>
>>53128893
ooh, shockingly accurate. right on the nose. the great dundee VTM crabs epidemic of 2002 springs to mind. maybe that's even what you're thinking of?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.