[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>When Stalking Yeti enters the battlefield, if it's on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>When Stalking Yeti enters the battlefield, if it's on the battlefield

isn't this redundant?
>>
>>53114977
Prevents it from resolving if someone bolts it right?
>>
>play stalking yeti
>its effect triggers
>opponent kills it with lightning bolt or something
>its effect resolves
>it's no longer in play
>nothing happens
>>
>>53115014
exactly. makes it so you can remove the ability from the stack if you remove the yeti from play
>>
>>53114977
I used that card in my first half-decent deck.
A shitty R/G aggro deck with Slith Firewalker and Bull Aurochs
Fuck, I miss those times
>>
>>53115014
also prevents it from bouncing itself before it gets hit, which I think was the main concern
>>
>>53117247
but he wouldn't be able to bounce himself in response thpugh, since that can only be done in sorcery speed
>>
>>53115031
>>53115014

That seems like an extremely fringe thing to care about. The other "ETB: this fights target creature" creatures don't have that clause.

>>53117247
>>53118760

I'm going to assume the bounce was originally instant speed and they changed it last minute.
>>
>>53119204
this guy was printed waaaay before fight was made into a keyword so it needed a lot more rules baggage.
>>
>>53119204
It's redundant only by today's rulings.
>>
File: Royal assassin.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Royal assassin.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>53114977
>>53115014
Question: if you destroy Royal assassin in response to his ability, does it still resolves?
>>
>>53119431
Yes it will still resolves.
>>
>>53119494
So why would the Yeti's ability not resolve if eh is killed?
>>
>>53119431
Indeed. Nothing about it is conditional of Royal Assassin staying on the field, so once it hits the stack, it doesn't matter where Royal Assassin is.
>>
>>53119522
Because its ability is conditional if it is on the field. Once it resolves, it immediately checks to see if it can find Yeti on the field. If it can't, it breaks.
>>
>>53119522
Who said it won't? It will resolve, but it will do nothing.
>>
>>53119494
Has anyone ever point out to WoTC how retarded it is for your creature's ability to resolve without the creature on the battlefield?
>>
File: hellkite tyrant.png (138KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
hellkite tyrant.png
138KB, 223x311px
>>53119593
I mean, this is a game where you can make infinite squirrels or win because your dragon has too much treasure. Logic isn't too important.
>>
>>53119593
A dragon spews a bunch of fireballs
Something killed the dragon
Did the fireballs suddenly disappear?
>>
>>53119593
Thematically, whatever you are doing has to have already begun, or it couldn't be reacted to. The assassin has already poisoned his victim when the guard shoots him with a bolt of lightning.
>>
>>53115314
Man, I remember those times. I remember the first time I ran the Auroch deck that I had been wanting to run since Ice Age.
It was pure, unfiltered jank, but it was jank that made me happy.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.