[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello elegan/tg/entlemen, ca/tg/irls. I am a GM for a level

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Kobold_shaman.jpg (78KB, 719x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Kobold_shaman.jpg
78KB, 719x1000px
Hello elegan/tg/entlemen, ca/tg/irls.

I am a GM for a level 5 Pathfinder party, who recently allied themselves with a tribe of kobolds.
I'm tired of seeing the kobolds as "free combat XP", or comic relief, so I want to make it that one of their tribe is actually the big bad.

So, how do I make a kobold a threatening, credible villain?
>>
Machavellian, full to the brim with cunning, easily represented by giving him 2-3 other languages he speaks fluently.

His people fight dirty like the vietkong, has a die-hard cadre of well-drilled disciples who move through underbrush quietly laying simple but effective traps, blowdarts and shortbows with poisoned projectiles.

The threat he provides is never going to be physical, so make it much much worse than that.
>>
>>53097488
Just make it a big-bold. Whenever I run kobolds I fluff them as being the product of unfertilized dragon eggs. They, in turn, have a chance to give birth to larger dragonoids, who can in turn eventually give birth to lesser dragons etc. The first step is basically just a dragonborn.

If you dont want to go that far, you could make them have some kind of demon-god-idol that a shaman can channel to make himself into a motherfucker.
>>
>>53097562
this sounds very much in tune with what I was trying to get. One thing I had considered was making him more or less addicted to potions of Fox's Cunning (+ intelligence), so he becomes a better tactician or even give him a few wizard levels.

Thoughts?
>>
>>53097488
>>53097488
Look up "Tucker's Kobolds"
>>
>>53097488
>>53098851
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Tucker%27s_Kobolds
>>
>>53097488
training, organisation, preparation & gear.
>>
>>53098047
Well consider this: Whether or not you've actually GM'd, read or played Kingmaker, the mastermind of the kobolds in the first book is a reincarnated sociopathic gnome. Have that happen to some high level wizard, sorcerer or druid and make them turn kobolds into a highly trained guerrilla army.
>>
Make the big bad Pun Pun.
He was once a simple kobold wizard that spent his life obsessively analyzing and studying the fundamental laws of the universe. As the legends go, in his studies he discovered several loop holes in the very fabric of the universe, subtle and innocuous at first glance, these loopholes were overlooked at the creation of all things. When used in conjunction with each other he had discovered a cycle, that by excessive abuse of, gave him an exponential growth of his power.

Can the party end the cheaters rise to power before he attains godhood?
>>
>>53097488
I had a kobold as an early villain once, I played up the LE aspect and made him a priest of Asmodeus who spent a lot of time churning out potions for his minions.
>>
>>53097488
Dragon true polymorphed into a kobold. Dragon was cursed to be in that force until a dark ritual is completed sacrificing (Town name) for dark power and to bring out dragon's true form.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.