[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does your character have kids? How do you take care of them while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: Fade full.jpg (190KB, 694x938px) Image search: [Google]
Fade full.jpg
190KB, 694x938px
Does your character have kids? How do you take care of them while you're on the road saving the kingdom? Surely you don't leave them at home.
>>
>>53076284
I had a shadowrunner whose wife kicked him out because of his stupid life style (shadowrunning). He sends her a lot of gifts and tries to win her back but it wasn't working. Eventually she left for Japan (where she had some family) and the party found out and took a trip to the island. Things got crazy and we got wiped after some japanese adventures, was a lot of fun.
>>
>>53076284
>Surely you don't leave them at home

What. Why not? They're well-protected, my character's wife is a high level sorceress.
>>
>>53076309

if they're out of sight, the GM can get to them more easily.
>>
>>53076343
Ah, but that would have happened regardless of whether I brought them or not! Lots of nooks and crannies in the wild places of the world to lose a kid, you see.

Besides, the wife and kids being at home was not only a plot point, it was his motivation to retire; she was an awfully fertile woman, you see, and he was an awfully virile man, both raised in the traditional way. The house was becoming too small for the size of their brood, so my character (a veteran who wanted to go on one last adventure) left for gold and glory.

Still kept in touch with the wife and kids through scry, and half of all his wealth went back to her (to make sure he wasn't left behind in WBL, the DM assumed she would send him custom-crafted gear.)
>>
File: 1483753763115.gif (775KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1483753763115.gif
775KB, 300x168px
>>53076284
>Not having your character be an orphaned virgin with no deity to prevent any possible blood relation to anyone
It's almost like you want the GM to use them for a "clever and deep" plot hook
Usually the best thing to do is to not even mention them, because at best they're just an NPC that you have no real control over, and at worse the GM uses them as a railroading tool
>>
>>53076284
>How do you take care of them while you're on the road saving the kingdom?

>Lower levels
That is what the camp followers are for

>Higher levels
That is what the butler and maids are for

>Epic Levels
That is what some random 'washer woman'/wolf/'blind martial arts master' passing by the spot you abandoned the kid at are for.
>>
File: acb1f07bcfe9d450aa394d3f5788d61a.jpg (268KB, 736x1079px) Image search: [Google]
acb1f07bcfe9d450aa394d3f5788d61a.jpg
268KB, 736x1079px
>>53076284
I take them with me. They ride on the very dangerous, protective, animal companion and stay safe during battle. What kind of father abandons his child!
>>
>>53076284
It died, then her husband died too, Now her quest is to find a new worthy mate, and possibly save the world or some shit too.
>>
>>53076648
>It died
>It

Her husband... Wasn't human, was he?
>>
>>53076284
Arrived in a city where I used to live, turned out I got the bargirl pregnant and have a half-drow child.

DM a shit and he can cast 9th level spells at random and by accident at 2 years old, and my wife's stronger than our entire party.

We bring them with us on campaign for the occasions when the DM throws us encounters that are too difficult for the party.

>not bringing your sorcerer super child to blow up the undead army
>>
>>53076428
>>53076343
Actually, the best thing to do when a GM pulls that is "Oh yeah my character doesn't care about their wife anyways. They have been seperated for a year, after all."
>>
>>53076284
>Does your character have kids?
My character's wife has kids, does that count?
>>
File: 1429772769040.jpg (111KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
1429772769040.jpg
111KB, 531x800px
>>53076790

>My wife's son
>>
File: 1487773397565.jpg (24KB, 288x252px) Image search: [Google]
1487773397565.jpg
24KB, 288x252px
>>53076284
Not anymore.
>>
>>53076284
I have a nephew who I enrolled in an engineering school.
>>
>>53076790
Divorced huh?
>>
>>53076284
If it's a fucking air Elf, she takes the kid everywhere, no matter what.

If it's a Drow, she keeps the kid inside her for as long as her muscle contractions can hold.
>>
>>53076284
My favorite character had a son. His character ark was him getting clean with his coke addiction and mending fences with his estranged wife so he would see his kid again.

Then some shit with aliens happened and the game died.
>>
>>53076284
My current character is A sexual and is revulted by physical affection. He thinks of his squires as sons.
Normally Id say its only a matter of time until one of them dies, but whenever they get into a fight they overshadow him with great rolls.
>>
>>53077016
>but whenever they get into a fight they overshadow him with great rolls.

Do any of your squires have silver hair? Perhaps one is a Silver dragon in disguise.

They like to do that.
>>
>>53076284
>Surely you don't leave them at home.

Of course I do, are you crazy? There's no Take Your Kids to Work Day in the Goblin Marches.
>>
>>53077016
>My current character is A sexual
Oh no! We're under attack from a sexual!
>>
>>53076494
>Taking your butler on campaign.

Who's keeping your house and its cellars and staff in order? And don't say you don't have them, because then you don't have a butler.
>>
>>53077102
>That was the implication.
>>
>>53076284
Nope. She's fairly young. Although given the plan for the games timeline it might happen eventually. In which case she'd probably the kid with her parents.
>>
>>53077788
leave the kid with her parents*
>>
>>53076284
As an experiment, I wrote a character with the largest three-generation family I could get away with. Ever seen how people in the middle ages would have 14 kids and 4 of them would make it to adulthood? Yeah, Grandma and Grandad were both from big families, but had migrated to a town with a magic healing spring. Grandma had 11 children, all of whom married and, between these children, there were 176 grandchildren (in my generation). I rolled a d20 for each family, then used a name generator to pump out 14 siblings and 162 cousins for my PC.
>>
>>53077833
You must have made up a family tree for this character, right? Post it!

Also if I was your GM you'd constantly run into cousins just because it's funny and to make sure you actually detailed them all out.
>>
>>53076950
Or they're hers but not his.
>>
>>53077942
I request a detailed explanation on just what the heck's going on here.
>>
>>53077833
You scry ord randomly lights up every day or so
>Hey anon! its me, cousin Roman! let's go dragon-slaying!
>>
>>53077955
I'm saying she may have been doing the sideways tango with more than one partner there anon.
>>
>>53076284

A couple of my characters had kids.
One ascended as a goddess, so taking care of her own kids is a non-issue.
The other one, had a whole bunch of kids with absurd strength that usually stay with his demigoddess wife. So not many issues on that regard either.
>>
>having a family
>giving your DM something to use against you for a totally EPIC and UNEXPECTED plot twist

nah, fuck that
>>
>>53078095
>playing with shit GMs
wew lad
>>
>>53077989
>Have you ever had two orcish women at once, cousin? Two great big green titties to be playing with!
>>
>>53078167
>orc women only have one breast
That explains all the rape and pillaging.
>>
>>53077102
I see several options.
>the campaign is city-focused
>the characters hired additional butlers etc
>the house was destroyed
>>
>>53076284
Yes, she's a great grandmother. Her extended clan are caring for each other while she helps stabilize and establish a new island nation in the wake of the tyrannical dictator being deposed. Having pissed off the aboleth she worries for them constantly since they are a port fortress, but divine mandate is divine mandate.
>>
>>53076309
Same case with my character, Only problem was that the high level sorcerer would help the party and was always with me, after having kids, had to argue and convice her that she should stay home and protect/raise them. If GM does something offscreen im fucked, its basically, wife, the twins and mother living close, with the sister possibly being involved.
>>
>>53078049
>One ascended as a goddess, so taking care of her own kids is a non-issue.

That doesn't follow at all.

In fact, I could see your abandonment-by-apotheosis to be the basis for a lifelong grudge that those kids bear not just against their mother, but against the whole concept of divinity
>>
>>53078039

Why are you with a woman that had another man's child while she was married to you?
>>
>>53079317
Or maybe she's divorced and has a child from her previous marriage.
>>
>>53077102
Playing a bear
>>
File: 1479670278876.jpg (120KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479670278876.jpg
120KB, 600x600px
Hoo boy. Please tell me there's more art of this chick, or at least a better scan of OP's pic.

I've only played about two characters that have had kids. One was a cleric that married a fox girl at the end of the campaign and I ended up playing their daughter in a new campaign, the other was a former doctor turned light cleric who had his family killed by a vampire before the events of the campaign.

I've never played a character that's gone adventuring while they've had children though, so the complications of "How do you take care of them?" never really applied.
>>
>>53079277

Eh, she's a deity of Strength, Love, Family, and such stuff. She involves her kids -if they want to- in her job, but she's proud of them all and loves them for who they are, regardless of their life decisions. To be fair, her first kids were all adopted, and more than one was adopted after being saved from being slaughtered, and pretty much ascended only so that she could protect her kids, so I sorta doubt that any of them feel any resentment towards her.
>>
>>53081245
Chick is from Kingdom Death Monster. A fuckton of art was made for the kickstarter, and the female characters are all the definition of
T H I C C
H
I
C
C
>>
File: 1234e.jpg (59KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
1234e.jpg
59KB, 1067x600px
>>53076284
Our GM awards XP based on how dangerous your life is, so my litte eugenics experiment is getting carried around in a papoose on my back through every fight. He'll be epic level by the time he turns five.
>>
>>53079317
He could be firing blanks. It's not unheard of to use another man's jam when yours is basically just cream cheese.
>>
>>53081445
have you confirmed with the GM that he's getting experience from this?
>>
>>53081480
He is certainly getting traumatized.
That is kind of like XP, right?
>>
The first party of the first game I played had an adoptive daughter. As the result of a player we'll call Lenard.

Now when I DM I essentially let the players name their own alignment and then let them play as they will, shifting thier alignment behind the scenes when necessary, rather than restricting their actions due to an initial alignment choice.

This is important to know because Lenard sucks at playing the alignment he initially chooses.

He wanted to play a wild and free CN character, instead he became a psychotically evil soul-devourer.

He wanted to play a NG diplomancer, he almost always gave up on diplomacy and resorted to violence at the slightest resistance and ended up TN at best.

In this case he wanted to be a LE shapeshifting vampiric assassin... And ended up a NG best father ever.

He started off true to his alignment. One night he killed a man for his blood. Before doing this, he decided to read the man's mind, and find out where the man lives, with the intent of murdering the man's whole family just to ensure that no one goes looking for the missing man.

So he kills the guy, goes to the man's house, and breaks in to discover...

A handful of rolls on an NPC chart later, it turns out the man Lenard killed was a single father, raising a young girl alone, barely scraping by in order to support her. Because the dice decided that day to be EXTRA tragic, this young girl was also blind.

Learning this causes Lenard to feel SO guilty about killing this poor girl's dad that he decides to use his mind reading and shapeshifting powers to simply BECOME her father.

And so young Arayana was adopted by Lenard.

The party, which was a ruthless organized crime ring mind you, as a whole did a good job caring for the girl, curing her blindess through their connections with black market clergy, teaching her the skills of stealth, taking her out on hunts in the dinosaur-laden jungles to make her grow stronger, etc. He wanted to be evil but ended up a great dad
>>
>>53076284
The kid is in the care of a kindly priest who himself was raised in an abusive orphanage, and devoted his life to making sure that every child without a home can come to him for sanctuary. I mean, it's hard to raise a kid when you're 13 years old and the only healer on the continent
>>
>>53081480
Yes, not that it really matters. The kid isn't going to grow up by the time the campaign ends, so it's not like I'm doing it for any serious benefit.
>>
>>53076284
I've got a keep with perfectly good walls, a larder and several wells built to withstand a siege, a small army garrisoned there to keep the roads clear, and a significant other who's a dragon...I think the kids are safe while I'm off galivanting.
>>
>>53081556
smdh at campaigns that don't last through several generations
>>
>>53081529
>care of a kindly priest who himself was raised in an abusive orphanage
That might not end well
>>
>>53076284
No.
>>
File: 1490702546317.jpg (595KB, 970x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1490702546317.jpg
595KB, 970x1111px
>>53076284
One of my players adopted an orphan they've known most of the game, co-Moming along with another NPC. In recent games her heart has been hurting a little so she's actually sitting out this adventure arc to be at home with the kid, while the other mom and a secondary PC the player has is going out instead. It's created some fantastic dynamics and plots.
>>
Joke's on you, OP, my character is a barren cleric of a fertility goddess, she can't have kids!
>>
>>53081245
Agreed with spoiler
>>
My mercenary character has a child she adopted out in Africa.
Normally, she just leaves her at home in the care of friends, and doesn't take jobs that involve being away for more than a week or so.
>>
No kids at home, but my SR 4e Gun Adept has a cat at home. That I actually treat as a full roommate because I love that little bastard.
>>
>>53076284
My two current characters have kids.

My evil paladin gave birth to another PC's child during a timeskip of sort. He's in the care of an NPC she employs, which is good because she'd be a terrible mother if she was full-time on it.

My other PC, a tiefling mage, has fifteen kids. She's waited until they were independent before going on adventures. She's married to a yuan-ti. It's Sigil, I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>53082088
Not if your goddess has anything to say about it!
>>
Yes, she's running away from the guilt of abandoning her child in a monastery.
>>
>>53076428
>It's almost like you want the GM to use them for a "clever and deep" plot hook

I wouldn't have told him about them if I didn't
>>
>>53079317

He maybe married a widow.

Depending on the setting divorce can be harder to accomplish, maybe because the guy his unfaithful wif slept with happens to look quite similar, so the kid isn't obviously not his?
>>
>>53076739
No, but he was worthy of the gloriousness that is her as a wife.
>>
He has nine, and seven grandchildren. But all but the youngest [who is 1] is grown so its not really a problem.
>>
>>53088548
Well clarifying, the grandkids aren't grown, but they aren't his problem.
>>
uh yeah I can. I get paid good money for a SAS goon on a psych discharge.

side note I get why TNI is the way it is in UA3 but I miss that lawfirm from Angle vibe
>>
>>53088706
>>
>>53076284
He has step kids and adopted a few runts.
He let's the staff at his estate care for most of them.
>>
File: Demon_Hunter_by_JasonEngle.jpg (234KB, 1008x734px) Image search: [Google]
Demon_Hunter_by_JasonEngle.jpg
234KB, 1008x734px
>>53076608
I played a Kuni Shugenja with the rank 3 dependent draw back protecting the niece of his daughter married off to the Pheonix he died holding off the Destroyers army after the wall fell one of our players took her up in a later game and she had him as an ancestral guide because the Kami don't give a fuck if your dead a rank 3 dependent is a rank 3 depandant
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.