[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some help designing a boss in Dnd 2e. Essentially he is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (55KB, 637x358px) Image search: [Google]
steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg
55KB, 637x358px
I need some help designing a boss in Dnd 2e.
Essentially he is mad king piloting a 15 foot tall mechanical armor and I don't really know how to make that work without making it too powerful.
>>
>>53072403
2e? Uh.. would help to know what level the party is. You could make it be an iron golem if they're fairly tough fellows, an iron golem that he's inside and can still cast spells/use wands from. The anti-magic of the golem protects him from magic, and the IRON of the golem protects him from attacks until it's destroyed.
At lower levels.. just an Enlarge spell would do the trick, though unless he's pretty tall already he'd hit like a truck. Perhaps just have him polymorphed into a giant or something? Or just fluff it however you like, it doesn't really matter. Just hit like an ogre until he's 'defeated', toppled over and pulled from the wreckage.
>>
>>53072494
Two level 5 characters (Generic warrior and a psyonic) and a level 6 fighter.
They are kind of in the middle ground of shitty and competant.
But they will be getting some npc help.
A golem would utterly annihilate them.
Polymorph and enlarge don't really fit the character since he is a warrior and not a wizard.
>>
>>53072721
Potions and charms exist my man! A PSION? Are you.. are you SERIOUS? In AD&D 2e? Good god.

There's weaker golems. Check out Lomion.de/cmm/_index.php, they've got almost every single monster ever released for AD&D 2e. You should find SOMETHING you can base it on. There's weaker golems from Mystara, for instance.

Your best bet is still going to just be having the guy be Enlarged, mechanically, so he hits like a truck but isn't otherwise tougher than he would be outside of the armor.
>>
>>53072776
>A PSION? Are you.. are you SERIOUS? In AD&D 2e? Good god.

2e psions fucking rocked.

My favorite class till 3.5 turned them into mages.
>>
>>53072813
They were a fucking mess dude. Worse than Spelldancers. Powers run on power points, require attribute checks at a pretty hefty penalty, huge as hell stats to play in the first place, and a ton of generally shitty powers. Even level 1 mages have more going for them than that!
>>
>>53072776
I hadn't heard of that site.
Tin golem has around the stats I am looking for with only a little modding.
Thanks.
>>
>>53072893
Loved them. Pp's were a cool way to track power usage. Better than slots.

Pp's made you choose to blow your wad quick, or hold back. Best psionic class ever was 2e.

I hate psions being basically mages. 2e made them unique and awesome.
>>
>>53072893
Plus... having a skill check to activate a power added a neat twist.

And the powers weren't just renamed mage spells.
>>
>>53072403
I feel sorry for that one guy. He bit off WAY more than he can chew. And that shield ain't gonna do shit
>>
>>53074202
One thing I liked about Psyonics was that while the needed points the trade off was that they didn't need materials, their voice or the use of their hands to cast most of their spells.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.