[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I need to pass a WILL test to cut my own member or was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ot15znwwynkju375r3gd_opt.jpg (22KB, 400x258px) Image search: [Google]
ot15znwwynkju375r3gd_opt.jpg
22KB, 400x258px
Do I need to pass a WILL test to cut my own member or was the DM pulling my leg?
>>
Of course it will take strength of will from your character to do such a thing so of course the DM is not pulling your leg. Many people like to avoid dice rolling in games since they feel it disrupt the flow of role-playing though, but that's more of a matter of how you decide to play the game then relating to the specific situation you're in. But the general rule is that it's up to the DM since that is the person doing almost all of the work setting up the game.
>>
>>53064770
No, he's pulling your arm.
>>
>>53064770
Should be Dexterity check really, manipulation with diminutive object is Dexterity thing.
>>
>>53064770
Nope. Just anaesthetic and a solid reason. Saving throws are used to protect you against outside influences, not your own bad decision-making.
>>
>>53064770
Should be CON check to see if you can endure a barely anesthetized amputation, bleeding out or passing out or going into shock are far more important having the will to cut your own arm because you may have the will but doesnt mean you are successful at the task, just means you are willing to do it.
>>
>>53064997
>>53066660
The problem with making it a Will test is that mages get high will and fighters don't, and between those two, who's more likely to balk at the prospect of physical injury?
>>
>>53067871
This is assuming the game is D&D, and not a system like many others where a character's willpower stat is based on whether they chose to strengthen it.
>>
>>53067871

The pussy in the plate armour, that's who.
>>
>>53067911
this

A wizard plays the long game, he knows that the pain will be fleeting and he can create some sort of unguent to grow his arm back later
>>
>>53064770
depends on the setting

>>53065771
heheh
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.