[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/ im starting to convert loyalist space marines into nurglite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 99219999035_LiquidGreenStuff01.jpg (20KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99219999035_LiquidGreenStuff01.jpg
20KB, 600x620px
Hey /tg/ im starting to convert loyalist space marines into nurglite traitors.
im using a mixture of both liquid green stuff, and modelling putty. do you have any hints that could help make this process easier?
>>
>>53058308

Never done it myself, but I'd say less is more. 99% of nurgle conversions are way overdone. Add small areas of rust, cracked armour, broken equipment. Try to keep the giant belly and stringy bits to a minimum.
>>
>>53058356
ok, but i want to do a little more than just some rust and cracks, especially since the models im converting are pretty detailed new cast blood angels.i feel there is some really interesting things i can do
>>
>>53058539
Which blood angels models do you have?
>>
>>53058580
everything in the start collecting box, a set of death company, a set of sanguinary guards, as well as about 20-30 generic spess mahreens, a squad of 10 terminators and a dreadnought
>>
You can microwave pva glue on a plate for sheets of fleshy growth.
>>
>>53058648
Try filing or cutting some of the fine detail off rather than slapping the putty on over the top.
>>
>>53058727
ooh i never considered that
>>53058746
i will, i wanna do something interesting with the sanguinary guard specifically
>>
>>53058648
God that's going to be quite a job. I think the sanguinary guard would bloat up very well, the golden angelic armour covering the rotten bodies. Maybe convert them up to be the leaders and have the rest as zombies?
file off imperial insignia, cut off limbs, bicarb and super glue in the joints
>>
>>53058765
I think its.. 1mm thick for 30 seconds.
>>
>>53058769
>>53058648
Something like this I mean
>>
>>53058308
Don't use liquid greenstuff. It's only useful for gapfilling, and even then any proper putty is way better.
>>
>>53058988
im actually trying to use it to givel these models a crusty rotted look, apparently if you use a light coat you can get that effect
>>
>>53058769
im not sure what i want to do so far, but i know it'll be interesting looking. very unique
>>
>>53059067
Do you have any rough ideas?
Once we know that somebody could work out some good techniques.
>>
>>53059182
well originally i was considering changing their wings to insectile styled wings, then taking their weapons and adding a rotten bloated effect to them. then for the core design and bodies i was going to have rotted armor that sems melded with the flesh. their glaive encarmine changed to rotswords and plague weapons, their golden armor, once a beacon of hope, now a fetid symbol of the rot of nurgle
>>
>>53059039
Use Vallejo crackle medium.
>>
>>53059730
what exactly is that?
>>
The How to Paint Daemons guide has a really good example. You can stipple the liquid green stuff to make boils without too much trouble.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.