[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there something like fifth edition but with more powers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

Is there something like fifth edition but with more powers and cool abilities?
>>
>>53051408
4th edition
>>
>>53051408
Pathfinder
>>
>>53051408
Savage Worlds.
>>
>>53051408
GURPS.
>>
>>53051408
FATAL
>>
>>53051408
Fourth edition.
>>
>>53051408
Fifth edition what?
>>
>>53051408
No.
>>
>>53051408
Pathfinder.
>>
>>53051408
Shadowrun.
>>
>>53051423

/thread
>>
>>53051408
MYFAROG if you want anime style fun
>>
>>53051809
Is this a prank answer?
>>53051423
How? is combat slow?
>>
>>53052018
Combat can be slow, yes. You can make it faster by using the monsters from Monster Manual 3 and books published afterwards.

In the original MM the monsters had a lot of health but didn't do too much damage, which meant fights tended to drag. In MM3 (I also recommend the Monster Vault if you can find it. It comes with tokens!) they have about half as much HP but do twice the damage. Makes things much more tense.

There's a guide for modifying the stats/damage of the older monsters out there, if you can find it.
>>
>>53052018

>is combat slow?

Relative to what?

With the updated math from the Monster Manual 3/Monster Vault, it's no slower than any other edition of D&D.
>>
>>53052171
>they have about half as much HP but do twice the damage
Not even close. It's more like -3 HP and +3 damage.
>>
>>53052179
Then what is different from other editions?
>>
>>53052600

Everyone has interesting options, as opposed to just casters having interesting options. Also the GM side of the system is so much easier to use, holy fuck it's awesome.
>>
>>53052625
Really? you made me want to try it
>>
>>53052918
Do it.
Worst that happens is you don't like it.
>>
>>53053241
Started reading the player handbook, the lack of fluff surprises me
>>
>>53051408
Cocaine
>>
Define "cool"
>>
>>53051408
Exalted.
>>
>>53053293
Like powers with tons of effects and shit, see azura strike from Ragnarok Online
>>
>>53053252
It's very hands off. Aside from the war between the Dragonborn and the Tieflings and the general makeup of the cosmos, very little is established by the books.

Honestly, I love it. I grew up with Forgotten Realms, and I *despise* settings where GMs are afraid to improvise because every square inch and every NPC has been written about in detail and they don't want to step on the canon's toes.
>>
You play 5e, adding the shit you want into it. 5e is kinda built for it
>>
>>53053889
I think that i would end adding a lot of stuff, and i dont have a lot of time for that
>>
>>53053252
I prefer Points of Light to the other DnD settings really. Gives you enough to jump off with but doesn't put a stranglehold on things with a ton of established characters/events etc.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.