[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 417
Thread images: 67

File: 1c70943ce3e565b97c818ae56f3f725c.jpg (123KB, 714x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1c70943ce3e565b97c818ae56f3f725c.jpg
123KB, 714x1015px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Have your games ever had a beach episode? What was it like? How cute was it?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>53031888
>>
>>53045364
We had a bathhouse episode.

It got lewd super fast. Let's just say there's gonna be a couple of single mothers working there now.
>>
File: 16427400.jpg (10KB, 262x200px) Image search: [Google]
16427400.jpg
10KB, 262x200px
Let's keep talking about familiars.

What's your favorite way to get a familiar as a class that doesn't get one naturally, Eldritch Heritage or Familiar Bond?

What's your favorite animal familiar? Improved familiar?

What's your favorite familiar archetype?

Tell me the story of how you obtained your familiar! What's it like? Has it proven to be useful in your adventures?
>>
>>53045457
>Implying the knight won't take responsability.
>>
>>53045364
>Have your games ever had a beach episode? What was it like? How cute was it?

No, our rest and relaxation episode involved a cute gala that the characters got to dress up for and attend. Thee was lots of NPC schmoozing. My paladin was super happy because she finally got to dance with her crush, the busty necromancer.

Things went south when an assassin attacked an NPC at the party, but thankfully, my character's enchanted ring allowed her to transform from normal attire into her resplendent enchanted armor and to conjure her magical blade as a standard action, so we made short work of the miscreant!
>>
>>53045364
Can you at least pick pictures that don't completely suck? Where you getting them from? Deviant Art?

I mean, I get it, you're a retarded troll, but at least have the decency to have a little taste when you're being tasteless.
>>
>>53045526
He gets them from pixiv actually
>>
>>53045489
>What's your favorite way to get a familiar as a class that doesn't get one naturally, Eldritch Heritage or Familiar Bond?
For me it's VMC Wizard or VMC Witch.

>What's your favorite animal familiar? Improved familiar?
Animal familiar is firmly the Hare with Rat and Raven being 2/3.

>What's your favorite familiar archetype?
Sage and Figment

>Tell me the story of how you obtained your familiar! What's it like? Has it proven to be useful in your adventures?
Found the rabbit as a kit rejected by its mother and raised it. The familiar part just sort of happened naturally over time. My familiar is a little shit head who needs to be smacked constantly, but when push comes to shove we work well together. He makes a good scout, his stealth bonus is +17 compared to my +12.
>>
>>53045491
For both of them though? Was did ya get the third too before that happened?
>>
>>53044479
>>53044489
>>53044508
>>53045071

During my own group's short-lived run through Curse of the Crimson Throne, we gathered information to learn that the Cow Hammer Boys were also handling thuggish assassinations. We sent them off on a wild goose chase to kill the already-dead Gaedren Lamm in his fishery.

When the Cow Hammer Boys left, we unlocked some doors, snuck up, confronted Verik Vancaskerkin, and then somehow managed to peacefully entreat him into coming along. We also successfully identified the silver dagger as a raktavarna rakshasa, eliminated it, and resolved to investigate why such an object was in Verik's possession.

Even by the GM's admission, our group had managed a completely flawless run of the mission, and had found it most amusing that we sent off people to kill Gaedren Lamm.

I had pitched the plan to the group (and they went along with it) because we investigated the butchery only one in-game day after trouncing Gaedren Lamm.

I imagine that if Gaedren Lamm had been arrested rather than killed, the plan still would have worked. The idea was to entice the Cow Hammer Boys with a high bounty against a high-profile target, and they did not have the foresight to ask for payment up-front. One day during heavy rioting is not enough time for word to spread around of Gaedren Lamm's death or arrest.

>>53045018
>>53045093

3.5 changelings did not have the ability to physically transform the appearance of their clothing and equipment.

Doppelganger-spawn into Rebound and Perfect Imitation is a cheap way for most core races to become masterful infiltrators at a very low cost.
>>
>>53045551
How do you fuck up that badly?

Can we get him shot not on account of him posting bizarrely offtopic opening images for these threads, but for just having absolute shit taste and poor image gathering ability?

I get that he's retarded, but this is beyond retarded. We need to get him killed for being potentially an avatar of stupidity and bad taste.
>>
So my GM revealed to me that my NE mercenary had something in the realm of 30+ bastards fathered over the course of 6 years in the campaign world (the campaign in world went on for a long time because of sea voyages), the kids caught up with me after a 4 year time skip.

I don't know what he was expecting out of me but this is what I ended up doing:
>bring me the child
>inspect child to see if it's intelligent
>see if the child can hold a sword properly
>if the answer to the above two prove favorable I take the child
>tell the mother to fuck off
>if the answer to the above to aren't favorable tell the child and the mother to fuck off

If the child refuses I just kick them out. I don't need disobedient kids. If the mother wants something more I tell her to fuck off, if she follows I make her realize she needs to fuck off.

My character is an evil megalomaniac. I don't know what he expected.
>>
>>53045626
I dunno man I dunno
>>
File: Raven.jpg (83KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Raven.jpg
83KB, 300x400px
>>53045489
>Wizard VMC would be the only way offclass for me, since fuck spending the feats otherwise
>Any form of bird is usually A+, but a cat is fine too
>Lyrakien Azatas and Raktavarna Rakshasas both look pretty cool, but I have yet to actually use any improved familiars
>Sage is #1, but Valet and Figment are both pretty swell. Sage and Figment stack, iirc, so I plan to do that for a PC sometime soon
>My alchemist spontaneously grew one from overexposure to his own bullshit, as well as all the magical artifact bullshit he handled
>>
>>53045526
SwimmingEagle openly admitted to posting the early warframe threads last night (one was made immediately after the thread hit autosage even though he waited until page 6 to post the link), I wouldn't put it past him to post shitty anime threads just to get under people's skin. I really wish these celeb posters wouldn't treat the general like their own private playground.
>>
I have a player who has an NPC that lost his hand in a war. I previously told him that if he wants to regrow the NPC's hand, he needs a Regeneration Spell or a Wish to emulate it, or something of around that level (7th divine, 9th arcane). So he's been working towards that.
Then along comes the Ironfang Invasion adventure path, and there's a character who was born without a foot. The text says they can be given a foot with a limited wish or a miracle. The player brought this to my attention, and this felt wrong to me. I don't feel Limited Wish has the power to emulate a 7th level divine spell, and feel the author either made an error or is being overly lenient.

However, I'm open to the possibility that I am wrong, but would like evidence of this before I allow him to use Limited Wish, which he already has access to through bartering with a foreign wizard trader, to restore the NPC's hand.

So tell me, should Limited Wish be allowed to regrow a lost limb, or is it not powerful enough (since it can only replicate Divine 5 as written)?
>>
>>53045688
Nah, he's not the sunflower animeposter, we would see a lot more fat if he was
>>
>>53045686
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/eldritch-heritage/
>Prerequisites: Cha 13, Skill Focus with the class skill of bloodline selected for this feat (see below), character level 3rd.
>character level 3rd.
>>
>>53045688
But Anon, this is their playground. All we can do is weather the tempest of the mighty.
>>
>>53045686
>If you were making a 1st level character and used your first feat to take skill focus, then used your human bonus feat to take eldritch heritage for a familiar, what would that look like?
That would look like you were a fool for not taking the Focused Study ART.
>>
>>53045688
>>53045730
Are there any big name posters who don't do this shit. Is there anyone who will guard us against the storm? Anyone who will save us from this unholy tide? We need a savior.
>>
File: 56955343_p0.jpg (837KB, 1350x1104px) Image search: [Google]
56955343_p0.jpg
837KB, 1350x1104px
>>53045723
The hell is a sunflower anime?
>>
>>53045743
Captain Slow seems to largely ignore the thread.
>>
>>53045749
phoneposting
>>
>>53045743
I'm no big-name poster, but I swore an oath to protect Anons and Namefags alike from oppression. I will try my best to quiet this rage and malice!
>>
>>53045775
Where is he? I haven't seen him in days...
>>
>>53045800
>Paladin with an Oath Against Shitposters
>>
>>53045743
DHB is a silent guardian. Despite those despots of discord trying to tempt him he has stayed pure. He will save us, he will outstretch a hand to offer us salvation in our darkest hour.
>>
>>53045821
He's got a game for every day of the week now, anon. He's too busy ERPing with our betters than to show his face to us lowly mortals.
>>
File: sunflower.png (936KB, 1023x873px) Image search: [Google]
sunflower.png
936KB, 1023x873px
>>53045790
The hell turns into "sunflower"?
>>
>>53045864
kitsune would be my guess.
>>
File: pathfinder_low_templar_02-p.jpg (41KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
pathfinder_low_templar_02-p.jpg
41KB, 750x750px
Hey friend owls, need to utilize some of your system mastery here.

What would be the ideal class to to lead into the Low Templar prestige class? Seems like he would go really well with a crit based, sneak attack class that works well with flanking. I was thinking unchained rogue, but the low templar also gets a good bonus to combat maneuvers, is there a rogue archetype that specializes in maneuvers? Or should I look towards the SA Brawler archetype or a Slayer maybe?
>>
What's an interesting way to characterize a cruel divine servant that wants to gain a divine spark and rebel against her boss? The only canon quality of this being so far is that she's a Devourer
>>
>>53045846
Who are the rest of our betters

How do I work my way up this them totem pole of thots
>>
>>53045897
PM Valeriya and ask to ERP
>>
>>53045846
>ERPing with our betters

I thought we had something special...
>>
>>53045885
Slayers are one of the best.

Though vigilante is probably the most workable for both the theme and for maneuver based stuff. If you can get Legendary Vigilante stuff there are dirty trick vigilante talent in there.
>>
>>53045885
I'd say Slayer, personally. It's a good fit!
>>
>>53045775
Slow's been on record for anon complaining about games he's in before, or at least PLD, and otherwise we don't actually know anything about his posting as a fact. It's honestly safer to assume he's among shitposters than not.

As thread personalities go though, I still think he's on the better half of them. Mostly, ANONYMOUS CULTURE DISCORD/IRC/CABAL GET OUT.
>>
>>53045897
>>53045846
Where is DHB on this totem pole?
>>
>>53045964
Do people really believe in the discord cabal meme
>>
Is it possible to make Gambler in 3.5 a broken class to play?
>>
>>53045994
I didn't believe in the Cabal until they killed my family.
Now I'm on a quest to hunt them down and bring them to justice!
>>
>>53045976
Power bottom
>>
>>53045912
>Cucking a good and caring daddy

I couldn't do it. I'd hate myself.
>>
Where can I find downloads for Pathfinder legends?
>>
>>53046106

It doesn't count, you know. Alternate Universe Valeriya and all.
>>
>>53046127
But in my heart I wouldn't stop seeing his disappointed face. I just don't think I could finish inside her, not with daddy watching.
>>
What would you offer to try and convince a GM to let you into a game? Would you take a seat on the RP casting couch?

How deep into the magical realm would you go to get into Overlewd?
>>
>>53045912
Nah.
She actually turns me off.
>>
>>53046189
>Would you take a seat on the RP casting couch?
Lots of thirsty lads did just that for PLD.
>>
>>53046223
And how many of them got in?
>>
>>53046189
>What would you offer to try and convince a GM to let you into a game?

I would present myself as a friendly, intelligent prospective player who lets their application and OOC demeanor tell a better story than desperately clawing at the DM's virtual pants for a quickie.
>>
>>53046223
To be fair, that was a requirement for PLD. Overlewd is just using lewds to lure in players.
>>
>>53046233
And you wonder why you're 0/8
>>
File: 1492910210974.png (466KB, 739x655px) Image search: [Google]
1492910210974.png
466KB, 739x655px
>>53046233

If the GM asked you to ERP with them so that they can figure out if you would be a good fit (snicker snicker), would you do it?
>>
File: Bearded Dude.jpg (41KB, 564x797px) Image search: [Google]
Bearded Dude.jpg
41KB, 564x797px
>>53046127
>Alternate universe
Oh shit is that a throwback? I THINK IT IS

Alright fags, tell me about the Darkest Timeline version of one of your PCs. Not necessarily the "Evil" version of your PC, just the one where everything went to shit and they didn't take it well. Alternatively, if they're ALREADY in that timeline, what about the Brightest Timeline, where they didn't have to suffer a terrible fate yet still have reason to be adventuring?
>>
>>53046265
No
>>
>>53045912
>>53046106
>>53046127
This is good advice. I reached out to her a week ago after some anons encouraged us to get in touch with the characters we wished we had gotten a chance to play with. She was really nice and happy to run some in char ERP sessions with me.
>>
Does anyone have book 6 of 6 for hell's vengeance?
>>
>>53046265

Probably not, the best scenarios are done well after the campaign has started and the party has established themselves as characters.
>>
>>53046265
If the game was advertised as featuring ERP heavily? Sure, but nothing too intensive or hardcore, just enough that I know we're able to go about the same speed.

Otherwise? No, that's actually kind of disingenuous.
>>
File: 1482979774067.jpg (205KB, 608x621px) Image search: [Google]
1482979774067.jpg
205KB, 608x621px
>>53046280
>ERP

Is /pfg/ the randiest general on /tg/?
>>
>>53046266
Does the PC have to be from a finished campaign or will any PC do?
>>
>>53046337
any will do
>>
>>53046265
Only if they were a girl (female) gm otherwise that's gay yo
>>
>>53046229
Not really. Vult was so thirsty to rape eager, thirsty anons that he made an arbitrary requirement that the needed to a weapon made of an expensive material that cost most of their starting gold. He offered an option to increase player's starting gold by exactly the cost of this material if they ran a one-on-one ERP session with him. Those desperate enough to jump head first into a rape game were also desperate enough to form an orderly queue to get fucked by a DM that had no intention of actually choosing their character.
>>
>>53046265
No.
>>
>>53046281
Yeah, the links at the top are missing it.
>>
File: shameless.jpg (87KB, 291x543px) Image search: [Google]
shameless.jpg
87KB, 291x543px
>>53046335
>>
File: Fallen.jpg (565KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Fallen.jpg
565KB, 1920x1200px
>>53046266
The current timeline is his darkest timeline. The guy's a killer with a dad that somehow manages to be even more of a colossal bastard than he is, and his one goal in life that's remained achievable throughout all that's happened to him is to kill his dad and stop him from potentially ruling the world through the use of bioweapons.
>>
>>53046373
Wait, wasn't the cost of the loan paying it back 1.5x times plus leaving something of worth as a backup?
You also got a bonus campaign trait off it too.
>>
>>53046266
Witch would take over Irrisen and and basically preforms the Infinite Tsukyomi
>>
>>53046280

LOGS

Or at least tell us what happened in the session.
>>
>>53046266
>He was never sold to the cult
>The events that freed him never happened
>He ended up as someone's personal attack dog
>Degenerated into thinking and acting like an animal
>Rewarded for killing in the ring with food and sex
>Basically ends up as one of the male monsters from PLD
>>
>>53046358
Alrighty then.

>Best Timeline: Inquisitor defeats his setting's equivalent to demon lords in the name of the god-emperor (I wish I was making this up) and gets some god pussy out of it.

>Worst Timeline: Inquisitor falls and subsequently kills himself.
>>
File: screaming bird.jpg (77KB, 540x356px) Image search: [Google]
screaming bird.jpg
77KB, 540x356px
>>53046335
Y O U ' R E A L L F A G G O T S
>>
What games besides overlewd are going on right now?
>>
>>53046444
this is a common opinion of /pfg/ held by the rest of /tg/. In addition to everyone being disgusted by how blatantly /pfg/ is a bunch of weeb ERPers.
>>
>>53046477

None, we is almost free
>>
Maybe a weird question, but I'm very new to the game so I figured I'd ask.

Metamagic feats are mostly for higher level characters, right? They're not something I'd really want to invest in at 1st level?
>>
Has anyone ERP'd with DHB? What was it like?
>>
>>53046477
Blingmaker starts tonight!
>>
>>53046404
>>53046266
His best timeline would probably have resulted in him turning down the man who came to him at his weakest hour with the first assassin contract he ever took. Which would mean:
>Never got geased
>Never renounced his emotions to stay sane
>Never began to enjoy killing
>Could still stop his old man and be the big damn hero he wanted to be
>>
>>53046477
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
>>
File: hype_dog_by_jello500-d32vr1v.png (43KB, 318x470px) Image search: [Google]
hype_dog_by_jello500-d32vr1v.png
43KB, 318x470px
>>53046514
>>
>>53046422
Not going to do that without her permission. I'm not Rory.
>>
>>53046516
>https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
This game looks really shit.
>>
What races are allowed in your campaigns, /pfg/?

My GM has Core, Planetouched, and Psionic races playable by default, with a few Bloodforge and Akashic races on a case-by-case basis. I've recently also convinced him to give the Yaksha from In the Company of Rakshasa a chance, and I've been playing a Rakshasa Paragon ever since.
>>
>>53046502
I honestly have no problem with weebshit, but the rather absurd sexual tension in here is pretty fucking awful.
>>
>>53046525
>not having a little Rory in you
We can fix that.
>>
Hey, anyone want to play a PvP game? I have a lot of experience on how to run PvP games and would like to see what /pfg/ can come up with to try and win.
>>
Why do yall cowards only use Text in campaigns?
>>
>>53046549
I just do not understand the appeal of ERPing with a bunch of men.
>>
>>53046266
>Played a carefree bard
>Travelling performer, thrived off adventure, went wherever the gods guided him
>Took a liking to some adventurers, made some steadfast friendships
>Frequently made some lighthearted sessions, i.e. did an interpretive story telling performance that got group into the likes with one of the major noble groups
>Got wrapped up in some politics and religion power struggle that was going on in a major city
>Party cleric went a bit mad when he discovered his "surgeries" to "purify" people were going against his God's will, because necromancy and all
>Part of the group met with some NPCs in an attempt to rein the cleric in, but the Bard was not informed of these secret meetings
>Campaign eventually ended when Cleric founded his own church based on his ideals which he believed were being hidden away by the former church clergy. The rest of Bard's friends were killed off fighting demons then subsequently brought back to life and "purified" as zombies. The bard was anointed as an apostle by the Cleric and worked under him, but did so more out of fear for his life over anything else

Was a pretty tragic end
>>
File: everytime someone mentions ERP.jpg (42KB, 600x422px) Image search: [Google]
everytime someone mentions ERP.jpg
42KB, 600x422px
>>53046566
>>
>>53046559
Jesus Christ, Pathfinder can't even fucking handle PvE, the balance is so bad; and you want take the rocket-tag to PvP levels?

Dude, like, any system. ANY. ANY SYSTEM AT ALL. Would be better for this.
>>
>>53046549
What I find absurd is the absolute amount of desperation people have for any form of intimacy or physical contact coupled with becoming extremely defensive when called out on the fact they attempt to make almost every situation sexual. It's the desperation that weirds me out. How starved for intimacy are you people?
>>
Spyros k. please respond to my invitation
>>
>>53046477
>https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/76041/mighty-quest-for-epic-loot-in-the-lair-of-the-kobold-queen this one apparently. Seems alright to me.
>>
File: ACprofile.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
ACprofile.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>>53046477
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75981/raining-oil-and-blood

Barely pathfinder but then again so was shardwalkers
>>
>>53046590
Shardwalkers was a bamboolze, right?
>>
File: Lucius Nacht.jpg (80KB, 600x804px) Image search: [Google]
Lucius Nacht.jpg
80KB, 600x804px
>>53046266
The plot found out and his family executed for it, their minds broken so that he'd be unable to bring them back, the knight was thought to have been broken, left without a reason to make a stand against the Empire. They were wrong.
Now with his ire unbound, he is willing to pact with unholy powers regardless of the needed sacrifice. The monsters of yore follow in his wake, ready to bring back the ancient night that shall fall once again with the Empire's twilight.
Lucius Nacht
>>
>>53046506
You can pretty much grab them when you start getting wizard bonus feats. About level 5 or so is a good time to pick up your first one. Otherwise stick with creation feats and focuses, stuff that make you easier to survive.
>>
>>53046560
I don't want to hear 90% of the faggots pretend to be a woman / use morph vox?
>>
>>53045626
I don't see what's wrong with the OP image? It seems to be an elf, and elves are relevant to pathfinder. Do you just get triggered by anything that isn't American?
>>
>>53046506
You can't even them at first level, unless you want to metamagic some cantrips.

Generally, I'd recommend just getting metamagic rods instead of spending feats(and higher level slots) on them, and maybe taking silent and still for if you're captured
>>
>>53046578
I disagree. I've done PvP in other systems including L5R, Eclipse Phase, 5e, 4e, and GURPS. I have by far the most fun with it in pathfinder.
>>
>>53046537
Okay!
>>
>>53046579
More than you'd think, but less than you'd hope.
In all honesty, the thing is that most people around here are very *receptive*, but not very active. We like to be pursued and we joke a lot, but most times characters aren't going to get busy or sneak off to fuck unless it makes sense in character.

Like, a steamy situation would probably have a fade-to-black as a couple characters find some alone time. An average adventure isn't going to have anyone banging unless the player initiating is particularly desperate.
>>
>>53046560

I wish there were more Voiced campaigns I could join.
>>
>>53046579
do you know where you are? The last oasis of intimacy for most of these people was elementary school.
>>
>>53046543
usually my DM will allow any race you ask as long as you can deal with the lower build points for a higher RP race. You get more build points for a low RP race.
>>
File: tenryuu miller.jpg (48KB, 600x342px) Image search: [Google]
tenryuu miller.jpg
48KB, 600x342px
>>53046579
>you people
I just want to have fun and play pathfinder dude. I never asked for this.

>>53046566
It is a mystery
>>
>>53046627
I'm playing a slut right now but I don't actually want to ERP, I just wanted the characterization. It's going to suck when I gotta put my mouth where my money is.
>>
File: 1483264054190.jpg (153KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483264054190.jpg
153KB, 720x960px
>>53046636
Not true. Sometimes my cousin hugs me.
>>
>>53046610
>Not fucking dudes
>>
File: increasing discomfort.png (142KB, 296x290px) Image search: [Google]
increasing discomfort.png
142KB, 296x290px
>tfw failed a Sense Motive roll IRL yesterday
I knew WIS was my dump stat.

Anyway, /pfg/, tell me about your most amusing and/or impossible skill check failures.
>>
>>53046266
Brightest
>Became a knight-errant
>Went on adventures
>Rescued damsels
>Slayed monsters
>Came back home a hero
>Romanced his childhood friend

Darkest
>Got hit with the wave of wrath-energy
>Decided to abandon his home and family
>Wandered into Cheliax
>Decided to join the winning side
>Renounced his gods
>Became an antipaladin
>>
>>53046670
What happened, did you get scammed
>>
>>53046608
>>53046617
Thanks pals.

I'm just having a hard time sorting out what feats I'm going to want for my Oracle. For physical classes it seems a lot more straightforward, but the flexibility of casters is proving to be a little overwhelming for me.

I've been reading a guide, but it seems pretty outdated and it doesn't even recommend taking a lot of the feats that it has listed, so I'm a little lost.
>>
>>53046619
GURPS is fucking amazing for PvE. The martial arts in particular make reach and grapples and all that a cinch.

L5R is roughly on the level of Pathfinder for PvP; it's actually advantaged over PvE because of enemy stats: while a beginner bandit is basically aiming at you from behind a tree with 8k4 for his bow and WILL be going first, the two level 2 insight Bushi might even survive long enough to need a SECOND hit on each-other before somebody dies.

4e does PvP as well as it does PvE: slowly but decently balanced and functional

Pendragon does a great job of it.
>>
File: 1378331328584.png (33KB, 298x300px) Image search: [Google]
1378331328584.png
33KB, 298x300px
>>53046670

>mfw you fail Sense Motive in the worst scenario possible
>>
>>53046655
Really? Which game?
>>
>>53046683
Probably. Either that or telemarketers, either way it's a mess.
>>
>>53046717
>Come on... I want you inside me so bad...
*roll*
>... I'm not really understanding what you're trying to get at here. This seems awful suspicious
>>
>>53046705
Like I said, I found pathfinder PvP much more fun when I run it with my meat space group. Especially when we invite the one faggot none of us actually like who comes with a minmax boards build and gets his teeth pushed in because it's not viable in PvP.

The only real limitations I gave mages was:
>no blood money
>no prep time, you're dropped into this before you know what's really going on

Went fine.

The most common winner is mythic rangers actually.
>>
>>53046734

How do you get embarrassed by fucking up with a Telemarketer? They're not even people.
>>
>>53046764
By giving them your bank account info.
>>
File: cornholio.jpg (38KB, 720x486px) Image search: [Google]
cornholio.jpg
38KB, 720x486px
>>53046751
ARE YOU THREATENING ME?
>>
>>53046780
People actually have that stuff on-hand for random people calling you? I couldn't tell you my routing number even if you put a gun to my head.
>>
>>53046266
>Darkest
Oh, that's easy. The evil spirits responsible for her Oracle curse grow in power, taking over at the least opportune moment with some help from Nualia, Lyrie, and a couple of Yeth Hounds and killing the rest of the party.

When she finally comes to, she realizes what she's done and snaps, throwing herself off of Thistletop into the sea to drown. Sadly, the peace of death is not an option.

Some time later, the survivors of Sandpoint remember only a few words from that day.

"Betrayal... betrayal... I AM BETRAYAL!"
>>
>>53046802
If you have a checkbook, you have all the info they need to steal all the money from your bank account, or to sell on the DEEP WEB.
>>
>>53046764
Well, whoever it was knew everything short of actual passwords/SSN's before they even called me, so I'm pretty sure I got played like a damn fiddle.
>>
How far has your character been from home, /pfg/? New countries, new continents, new worlds, new planes of existence? What brought them there in the first place?
>>
Are there any ways to get darkness as a spell-like ability without playing a race that grants it?
>>
>>53046559
PvP is stupid.
>>
>>53046764
As a former call center worker, I can confirm that no one who talks on the phone for a living is a real person
>>
>>53046834

Wait, what kind of call was this? Some random guy telling you how they know everything about you, or a person trying to sell you something while seemingly knowing every filthy detail about your life.
>>
>>53046839
Travelled to a new country.

>What brought them there in the first place?
Fleeing the memory of his dead wife and son
>>
>>53045364
So, hi, newfag to /tg/ here. So I noticed that the pastebin has mega links to the core books. So my question was, is it better to just take them off the mega file or go out and buy the pdf or, what I would do, buy/order the physical copy?
>>
>>53046560
Numerous reasons, like not wanting to fuck with online voice clients and wanting to have actual logs to review so I can keep up if I miss a session.

Also:
>horrible experiences with randoms in voice games leads me to only trust it with friends and/or meatspace games
>It's easier to keep noise down
>I don't have to worry about trying to stay in-character or not, since IC and OOC is clearly separated
>>
>>53046842

Maybe Stygian Slayer?
>>
>>53046864
Something about medical products. I only even picked up because my grandmother seemed to trust whoever was on the line.

I didn't even know what they seemed to really want - the name of my current insurer. They did peddle scar cream and migrane stuff, though, and again somehow knew my address and birthday.
>>
>>53046850
You're stupid! Haha, got'em
>>
File: 1422432773672.png (239KB, 470x474px) Image search: [Google]
1422432773672.png
239KB, 470x474px
>>53046871

>Voiced Session
>Someone burps into the mic
>Someone puts on the Gnome voice
>Someone needs to dash for a smoke break
>Someone's wife or child is screaming

We've had the DM use her kid for a game, though! The little rascal was a dragon.
>>
>>53046867
just use the d20pfsrd
>>
>>53046839
Character 1: About as far as the badlands of Varisia, but never beyond the region's borders, as much as he wanted to go see Andoran or bring justice into Cheliax.
Character 2: From the first place he can remember being? Got sold up an' down th'Sellen as far as th'back-country of Taldor an' the outer parts of Brevoy.
Character 3: Born and raised in Brevoy. Took a river trip down to Taldor once. It didn't end well.
>>
>>53046867

Well, pretty much all the information (including errata, for better or worse) is available on the PFSRD, which you can find here:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/
>>
I'm interested in learning Pathfinder to play in the future. Would you say that it's fun? Do you enjoy your games? How is it like? Is it hard to learn or easy for a newbie to get into? Is it easy to find games to join?
>>
>>53046266
>Darkest
>"They think I started the fire"
>"I will show these assholes a fucking fire!"
>"Now where did that little bitch go?"
>>
>>53046839
launched into the distant future in a demiplane that was safe from the end of the multiverse

>>53046867
Most people use the pfsrd but sometimes having physical copies can be helpful.
>>
>>53046839
>How far has your character been from home, /pfg/?

Well, you know what they say about going out from home.

If you don't keep your feet, who knows where you might be swept off to?
>>
>>53046867
These >>53046920
>>53046928
Although the new pfsrd has a very bad layout, use
https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/home
instead
>>
>>53046909
>have the kid play a dragon
holy shit, this is genius.
>>
>>53046935
...Leo?
>>
>>53045489
Familiar bond is nice though with archetypes there aren't many that's can't get one naturally now.

Big fan of the pig as a normal familiar and Cait Sidhe as improved. The ability to prevent enemies from being resurrected easily is a great way to kill off potentially recurring enemies.

Sage archetype for sure.

Found him while researching the Whispering way in Ustalav, he'd come afoul of the necromancer and their magic so now he shares similar undead physiology with my sorcerer and a desire to cure it
>>
>>53046867
Buy nothing, everything you want can be found at one of these two sites:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/

And any lore/setting stuff can be found here:
http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/
>>
>>53046929
pls respond ;_;
>>
>>53046929
Its probably the easiest RPG to find games for, really. If you are familiar with 3.5 its essentially the same system. I have a ton of fun with it, and generally the games ar good, but with every rpg its all about finding the right group to get into. I am actually looking for some noobies to play with. got a discord to drop?
>>
>>53046266
>Darkest
She becomes a monstrous broodmother and vicious hunter of men

>Brightest
She and her husband have a loving, happy family life, and when their youngest child is finally grown, they go on middle-aged adventures together to see the realm!
>>
>>53046929
leave now, don't be like us
>>
>>53046971
No?
>>
File: 44 (2016_09_24 18_21_00 UTC).png (2KB, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
44 (2016_09_24 18_21_00 UTC).png
2KB, 48x48px
>>53047010
Which reminds me, I need to work on that story now.
>>
>>53046995

Honestly, I'd suggest you check out 5e instead of Pathfinder, though if you're insistent than you'll get to see Starfinder make landfall this August.

I'd say I have fun and enjoy it, though I can see it being off-putting for a newcomer.
>>
>>53046971
Is it just me, or would the first two books of Rise of the Runelords make a great Twin Peaks/Deadly Premonition kind of game if you just transplanted them into modern times?
>>
File: 23-4089efj.jpg (34KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
23-4089efj.jpg
34KB, 600x450px
>>53046929

I have fun with it, yeah. I've enjoyed the games I've played in. It IS a messy system, though, and if you're just starting out with RPGs, there are easier ones to learn. That said, you probably won't have much trouble finding a game.
>>
>>53046280
Hmm, I guess I could consider it if Casimir had already died.
>>
>>53046266
The brightest timeline would have been if she had resisted the corrupting words of her family's sword, she likely would have had a happy life with her husband and a bunch of kids, while being a semi-famous painter
>>
>>53046554
>a little Rory

I'd rather have a stupidly enormous Rory in me!
>>
>>53047070
Make sure to put it to good use.
>>
>>53047045
Possibly. You'd have to make a lot of edits to really get the tone and style right, but it could work.
But what do you think of anon's idea, Zach?
>>
>>53046670
I failed Sense Motive for 7 years and then she left me.
>>
>>53046929
If you've already played other games, go for it. It's decent enough if you like crunchy games. If you've never played anything before, get the fuck away before it's too late.
>>
>>53046997
Yeah
Rosehip#2854
>>
>>53046513
It was okay. He had Essa pretend to be a boy while getting it up the ass, keeping her snatch hidden. Kinda weird but whatever.
>>
>>53047017
>>53047040
>>53047046
>>53047109
Alright thanks lads.
>>
>>53047101
LEGENDARY GUITAR GRECOTCH
>>
>>53046929
>Would you say that it's fun?
It can be.
>Do you enjoy your games?
Yes.
>How is it like?
Eh...this one is hard for me to answer, since 3.5 was the first system I learned. Pathfinder is a lot like 3.5, which makes it close to my "normal." It's extraordinarily helpful if you're a quick reader with a good memory for small details, because that will help you immensely with character creation and with managing things like spells once you're actually playing.
>Is it hard to learn or easy for a newbie to get into?
I would say it's somewhat hard to learn, mitigated by the fact that most people who try are either heavily coached/taught/guided by people who know, or are pretty good at reading and remembering things, like I mentioned earlier. So it's hard, but it either attracts people who can manage it, or existing players teach new ones, and thus it doesn't seem hard to learn in practice.
>Is it easy to find games to join?
I'd say so.
>>
>>53046266
My character is halfway between brightest and darkest at the moment.

Darkest would be them failing to find a cure for their curse, embracing undead and becoming the scariest and most ruthless motherfucker since Darth Vader.

Brightest would be finding the cure and then using the massive amounts of wealth they've accrued via business and adventuring for entrepreneurialism endeavours or charity
>>
What 1pp class can stand on its own without feats? I really want to run the magical tail chain one day. I am thinking maybe sorcerer or vigilante.

What do you guys think?
>>
File: ERPing with Valeriya.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ERPing with Valeriya.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>53046106
>>
>>53047281
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: Bait The Visual Novel.jpg (105KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bait The Visual Novel.jpg
105KB, 800x600px
>>53047281
>>
>>53047278
Kineticist

Slayer or Barbarian if you take Power Attack

Shaman if you invest EVERYTHING into INT/WIS/CHA and abuse the fuck out of the Lore spirit as a wandering spirit

Potentially a Silksworn Occultist?

>>53047084
>>53047070
>>53046554
>>53046525
You got a giggle out of me, anons
>>
>>53047281
>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FrG4TEcSuRg
>>
>>53047281

Oh please, Valeriya is a grown-ass woman with a bazillion alternate universe variations, if you can't play with her without feeling another player's shadow than you need to grow up a little.

This is like refusing to want Ameiko since she's had a boyfriend.
>>
>>53047278
>I really want to run the magical tail chain one day.

It's not worth it, kitsune-chan.
>>
>>53047384
Valeriya player, if that's you, consider what general you're talking to. We're half /a/ and half /pol/ at this point, you are asking water not to be wet and the sun not to come up in the morning.
>>
>>53047278
If you can gain them as bonus feats its a lot better.
>>
>>53047278
Oracle can not only stand on its own without feats, but there is a special curse that gives you tails as a bonus feat.
>>
>>53046871
>>53046997
I-I' m new @Pom#7039
>>
>>53047432
There's a sorc archetype for it too, isn't there
>>
>>53047432
Holy fuck I forgot about this. My next character might be an oradin kitsune.
>>
>>53046839
Travelled to another planet chasing someone that murdered several important business partners. Also been dead and came back several times
>>
>>53047278
Magical Tail is pretty trash desu famalam
>>
>>53047340
>kineticist
>not needing feats
You fucking what?
>>
>>53047483
Take Weapon Finesse senpai, you're golden
>>
File: 1492268415523.jpg (27KB, 383x472px) Image search: [Google]
1492268415523.jpg
27KB, 383x472px
>>53046266
Currently in a Mythic version of our campaign after the conclusion of the original. After almost 7 years I think I can say this is his darkest timeline. This may be a long post.

>Be Tiefling shit head kid sturring up trouble in Baldurs Gate. (forgot to mention we use Forgotten Realms setting.)
>Join Militant force as teen to rectify behavior and overcome adversity of his race cutting his tail off in a show of commitment on this righteous course.
>Flash forward several years, known as a local hero. Think Renowned Cop to the people. On the DL acctually killer seal team shit for the city.
>On one of his missions discover scheme that military weaponry and the like are being supplied to enemy forces from within the City.
>Tell his trusted friend a Grand Duke of the city of what he's uncovered. Only to be sent out on an ambush mission where he and his squad are to be eliminated. Surprise the Elder is plotting evil things.
>Get overwhelmed by Vampire Drow commanding small fleet of Drow assassins and watch as all my close friends and allys are slaughtered.
>Sitting at incredibly low HP childhood bestfriend/ only one who never saw him as an abomination to all that's holy and good, dives in sacrificing himself to save me from fatal blow only to have Vampire (Draegan) laugh and shrug it off.
>This is only the tipping point of how my PC went from a good man trying to redeem himself in his own eyes and the eyes of others to a war beaten monstrous hero that dreams of being finally slain.
> Cont.?
>>
>>53047384
Does Valeriya kiss girls?
>>
>>53047507
Wrong
>>
>>53046566
I don't understand the appeal of ERPing at all but then again, look at where you are.
>>
>>53047384
What about refusing to want Ameiko because she's ugly as sin
>>
>>53047384
>>53047411
>>53047514
>>53047281
>>53046106
>>53045912
Fuck Off.
>>
>>53047532
depends on who drew her and your GM's spin on the character, senpai
>>
>>53047548
Not canon :^)
>>
>>53047532
The later art's okay, though you can only do so much with a JJ PC. At least she's not Shensen, and she's got a pretty good backstory if your GM wants to play her like a person rather than a mary sue spotlight-hog.
>>
>>53047553
the canon isn't even consistent, fag
>>
>>53046266
>he never becomes a sailor
>ends up dying on an inn's doorstep
>>
>>53047536
Stop giving them attention, you're only going to make yourself angrier. This general is a cesspool of pathetic cumstains and that will never change, just leave if it bothers you to that degree.
>>
What the fuck are you assholes going on about.
>>
>>53047608
Better idea: Ask questions or present ideas that distract from their bullshit. Leaving the general will only allow them to keep filling it with their crap, responding to them gives them power. Ignore them, but also distract from them.
>>
>>53047633
Two very angry faggots circlejerking their witchhunt
>>
>>53047634
Buddy, countless anons have already tried that. It ain't happening.

>Leaving the general will only allow them to keep filling it with their crap

That's entirely the point, do you want this shit all over /tg/? Use your head.
>>
>>53047553

The only canon that's true regardless of edition she appears in is being a free-spirited, strong willed young woman with a great longing for adventure, having left Sandpoint once and losing her first lover because of it.

She's Asiatic Arya Stark who isn't oblivious to her womanly charms.
>>
File: Aboleth.jpg (82KB, 257x360px) Image search: [Google]
Aboleth.jpg
82KB, 257x360px
>running a campaign without any Vancian magic
>trying to find magic system to make Aboleths different
>psionics are a must but unsure of what else
>take a quick look through the trove
>chance upon Strange Magic
>download it for shits and giggles
>quick glance Ethermagic tells me its a bit too complicated
>no Composition magic either because Aboleth don't sing
>suddenly see there's FUCKING TURENAMING
>stat up an Aboleth Truenamer for next session

I'm kind of uneasy about trying out a new subsystem but it should be interesting at the very least. What new 3pp have you tried out lately, /pfg/?
>>
>>53047694
Arya Stark is a shit though?
>>
>>53046373
Why does this rumor persist? Of all the insane lies, why do people still post this one?
>>
>>53047692
>That's entirely the point, do you want this shit all over /tg/
Do you see a crown of thorns on our head motherfucker?

If I can't have my fucking Pathfinder discussion why should /tg/ get to enjoy it's self? If we can't kill it, let this fucking blight spread.
>>
File: who are you quoting.jpg (298KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
who are you quoting.jpg
298KB, 900x900px
>>53047698
>>
>>53047716
Reminder that you're more off topic than even a circlejerk about CORED right now
>>
>>53047700
I guess we'll agree to disagree on that one.
>>
File: 1492086661975.png (70KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1492086661975.png
70KB, 200x200px
>>53047730
Are you implying this is /jp/
>>
>>53047698
I REALLY wanna try out the Strange Magic stuff. It's different enough from both Vancian and Psionics that I really, really want to use it maybe test it out with a few /pfg/ players
>>
>>53047716
You can't change it, anon.
>>
File: 16311910084922900315.png (815KB, 787x1365px) Image search: [Google]
16311910084922900315.png
815KB, 787x1365px
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75833/looking-for-a-dm-interested-in-selling-there-services

Why isn't /pfg/ stepping up to GM for these chumps and earning $25 for a 3 hour session run with a module?
>>
>>53047878
wew wtf
>>
>>53047878
That's ~8$ an hour. I make ~47$ an hour. I see no reason to lower myself to that level.
>>
>>53047878
>$8.33 per hour
Nah.
>>
>>53047905
tbf usually you don't get paid anything for DMing
In fact you usually buy the pizzas
>>
>>53047878
Senpai pass that clorox!
>>
>>53047915
I also usually GM for people I like.
>>
>>53047878
I wager retail is a less frustrating service.
>>
>>53047905
How are you still being paid an hourly wage when you're making fifty an hour? like what profession even does that
>>
>>53047981
Government contractor.
>>
>>53047915
>tfw I try and buy chicken wings or soda/tea for my meatspace GMs.
>>
>>53047730
Greentext is for more than quoting, you dipwank.
>>
>>53046266
>In the Darkest Timeline he would have totally lost his marbles after he lost his family to plague, ending up an unhinged doctor even if he would be well-meaning
>if he sticks around to try to help people, he'd have probably made some nasty discoveries that would have seriously soured his opinion of people, making him cynical as fuck and very willing to stab "bad people"
>in the Brightest Timeline, one or more members of his family actually survives and he fucks off with them to somewhere less shitty, likely ending up a background NPC in another PC's story
>>
File: IMG_6515.jpg (9KB, 157x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6515.jpg
9KB, 157x240px
I've been reading a lot of necromancer guides, but they all seem focused on controlling large amounts of undead which is not what I'm looking to do.

Are there any resources for necromancer characters that are looking to raise a single, powerful undead minion? Preferably with ways to improve it over time?

By the time I'm higher level I'd ideally be controlling some sort of massive Gregor Clegane hulk monster.
>>
File: 1362178764537.gif (622KB, 375x211px) Image search: [Google]
1362178764537.gif
622KB, 375x211px
>>53046266
>tfw Darkest Timeline for your PC in one campaign you played is now the timeline you're running a new group through as a DM
>tfw their PCs are the heroes now because the PCs for your first time through can't be the heroes now
>tfw nobody knows

>>53048289
Get an eidolon or something similar and refluff it.
>>
>>53048289
I think the Witch gets something with ther Gravewalker archetype, but I can't remember
>>
>>53048289
cleric has an archetype that grants a single powerful undead companion that scales and gains levels as you do. Not only that, but with create undead, you will have a super huge skeleton friend, but also a billion HD or undead you can control, or put them all into one second huge undead. let it be known clerics are better necromancers anyways
>>
>>53048289
Undead Champion Cleric
>>
>>53048390
Important question, can I continually reuse the same skeleton?
>>
File: v8xiLuN.png (667KB, 929x1200px) Image search: [Google]
v8xiLuN.png
667KB, 929x1200px
>>53046266
>she's still hopping through time lines, watching them cease not long after she jumps into them. She despairs of ever getting her happy end.
>Brightest timeline: she gets her happy end
>Darkest timeline: She doesn't get her happy end and does the next best thing; destroys all of time, forever
> absolute darkest timeline: I never get to play her again
>>
>>53048445
As long as it is not destroyed, it gains levels as you go.
>>
>>53046266
He tries to cut his losses by using Aggrimosh to destoy Minderhall's Forge as he flees the growing might of the Storm Tyrant. He then flees back as a failure to Lastwall, and tries to do his best to support the Encarthan Alliance, despite the crushing depression upon hearing about his brother getting murdered hard in Mendev while he was away.
>>
File: 1493149871934.png (413KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1493149871934.png
413KB, 680x680px
>>53048555
Are you 2hu's sockpuppet Lily Fae?
>>
>>53048695
Lily is definitely not a sockpuppet.
>>
What's the best music to write monster girl rape scenes to?
>>
What is the highest skill check you can get at level 1? My Synthesist is starting with 17 Intimidate without optimizing when she has her super suit on, just wondering if anyone did the math on the highest you can get any single skill at 1.
>>
>>53048725
Prove it.
>>
>>53048815
I've talked to them?

i've seen both apply to games and they're radically different?

Its very obvious they're not the same person at all if you know anything at all?
>>
>>53048803

https://youtu.be/j6TsX_7xlkU ?
>>
>>53048830
This'll do. Thanks senpaitachi.
>>
>>53048803

https://youtu.be/lxjs8BQORVI?t=23s

Since you're obviously an edgy middle schooler
>>
>>53048811
Stealth can get to 19 or better pretty easily.

Here's a goblin with a major drawback and 18 base dex:
4 (size)
6 (dex)
3 (skill focus)
2 (MW tool)
4 (racial)
>>
>>53048887
Or pardon, without a major drawback. Adding the drawback would push it to 21.
>>
File: 1471661014336.jpg (393KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1471661014336.jpg
393KB, 1024x1024px
>>53048887
>>53048895
>major drawbacks

Who the hell uses these?
>>
>>53048887
What tool gives bonus to Stealth?
>>
>>53048913
Power gay men.

Also, >>53048887 >>53048895 forgot to take fucking skill ranks.
23, 35 with a drawback.
>>
>>53048922
The generic type. CRB page 161, right side of the page, right above the halfway point.
>>
>>53048922
that one ninja outfit
>>
File: 1423769427273.jpg (234KB, 752x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1423769427273.jpg
234KB, 752x1024px
So here's a question.
What variety of fiend-based Tiefling would be best at disguising themselves as a normal human using just fancy clothing?
>>
File: 1479645540448.jpg (446KB, 843x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1479645540448.jpg
446KB, 843x1034px
>>53048913
>>53048926
Major drawbacks are super-duper-3pp.
>>
>>53048887
What would you even do with a stealth skill that high?
>>
>>53048978
None of them. Any asshat who can make a Knowledge (The Planes) check wtth DC 10 plus your CR will blow you out of the water.

>>53048999
Win opposed checks against entire rooms.
Or, you know, be stealthy in combat. -20 is a hell of a thing.
>>
File: smug with teacup.png (499KB, 944x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug with teacup.png
499KB, 944x720px
>>53048999
Get automatically spotted by Detect Magic, Arcane Sight, scent, tremorsense, blindsense, blindsight, etc.
>>
>>53048978
My bet is on Asura-spawn or Div-spawn
>>
>>53048811
The answer is a goblin oracle with a potion of reduce person.

>Nature Mystery for Nature's Divination
>Reduce person
>total 24 dex
>1 (rank) + 3 (class skill) + 4 (racial) + 8 (size) + 7 (dex) + 2 (trait) + 10 (nature's divination) = +35 stealth check.
>>
>>53049007
>Any asshat who can make a Knowledge (The Planes) check wtth DC 10 plus your CR will blow you out of the water.
Except Disguise Self checks can make people think you're another race
>>
>>53049033
Which in no way stops them from getting the Outsider (Native) traits list when they roll half-decently.
Which lets them know that you're an Outsider (Native) that looks like another race.
>>
>>53048913
I've been itching to play an einhander martial with One Arm and a fluff curse to prevent growing magicking up an arm, but I don't think I could convince anyone to actually roll with it.
>>
File: 1478229726315.jpg (291KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478229726315.jpg
291KB, 1280x720px
>>53049033
>>53049058
If you think someone else is a different race, you'll misidentify.

What, do you think you can use your Knowledge to identify an invisible creature?
>>
>>53049073
I always want to take one armed or one eye with no benefits, but my DM won't let me gimp myself. Hmph.
>>
>>53048978
One with the "Pass For Human" alternate racial trait. That's literally what it's there for.
>>
>>53049088
Yes, if you're aware of it being there.
>>
File: Ardyn Izunia Caelum Lucis.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ardyn Izunia Caelum Lucis.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>53049012
>Div-spawn
might actually work. Considering He's being loosely based off of pic related, him being born of the Fiend race that are essentially obsessed with despoiling everything might work.

Though Asura could also work if I push the divine mistake angle
>>
>>53048695
>>53048815
Yeah, Lily is clearly a different person. It's obvious! You just need to get more cabal points so you can be privy to all these secret knowledge, Anon.
>>
>>53048978
>fiend-based Tiefling
You mean like those ape-based Humans?
>>
File: favorite ingredient.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
favorite ingredient.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
>>53049127
>Considering He's being loosely based off of pic related

But what's his favorite ingredient?
>>
>>53049150
I believe he's trying to refer to the specific bloodlines of tiefling
>>
>>53049156
And what might inspire him to COME UP WITH A NEW RECIPE
>>
>>53049156
Tears of frustration and suffering, from loser princes not being able to use their magic or save their bros
>>
File: hate.jpg (80KB, 433x325px) Image search: [Google]
hate.jpg
80KB, 433x325px
>>53046560
>One guy sounds like Elmo. Not a woman, Elmo. But he's pretending to be a woman and not Elmo. It's not very effective.

>Two people have been droning on and on and on and on about Bleach for the past half hour. Unfortunately one of them is the GM, and he's warned you that you're being disruptive when you interrupted him to ask if we could get back to actually playing.

>SOMEONE HAS A BAG OF SUNCHIPS

>Someone else refuses to use push-to-talk and everything's drowned out by trains and traffic honking every few seconds

>there's a light fapping sound but because three of the people are not push-to-talk, you can't tell which it is. you kinda suspect that's why SUNCHIPS are so fucking constant though

>the 'bard' is a whole lot less eloquent when he's stumbling around his words and laughing in drunken fashion (he's not drunk) while going off on short tangents about how hot it must be to have a leather thong and be a woman. Two sessions ago he declared from now on he was exactly that and has been getting really bitchy about people using the wrong pronouns about him - including fucking second person 'you'.

>The GM's mother has a fair bit to say about the state of his room. Yes, Mrs.*namecensored* we fully agree it's shameful when you're fucking twenty-nine. Yes, GM, we know the campaign will end if one of us quickly tells her what those long pillows with the pictures of girls on them are for the next time she's in the room.

>Yes, GM, I AM considering doing so right now

All of this from the same campaign, and that's why text is better.
>>
>>53048695
If I am, I'm a very bad one! I'm far more narrative focused than goal based.
>>
>>53049192
What is this? a gif for Carbuncle?
>>
>>53049022
>>53048887

Nice answers, I like these discussion even though I would never use them. It's far too excessive.

Using intimidate and some quick research, I managed to get it to a flat 27 while in super suit. For an hour and 300 GP I can get it up to a 42, and for one minute I can get it to 46. Without the assistance of allied casters, of course.
>>
>>53049150
Rakshasa-spawn and oni-spawn tieflings are technically NOT fiend-based!

"Fiend" is outsiders with the evil subtype, which rakshasa and oni aren't.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/creature-types/#TOC-Evil-Subtype
>>
>>53049203
Jesus Christ man how the hell did you find such a shit group. I mostly play in voice games but the variety of suck I've been playing with has almost entirely been gameplay related, not fucking aspergers.
>>
>>53049142
>he doesn't have full cabal powers
>>
>>53049203
Shit son, was this a random roll20 group?
>>
>>53049206
You mean 2hu is minmax bullshit based.
>>
>>53048312
>tfw Darkest Timeline for your PC in one campaign you played is now the timeline you're running a new group through as a DM
>tfw their PCs are the heroes now because the PCs for your first time through can't be the heroes now
>tfw nobody knows

That is an exceptionally good feeling. I still have one campaign all ready to go in my back pocket. I'm just waiting for a fresh party to spring it on.

Alternatively, run it with the old group, make them roll new characters, and don't tell them it's the same setting until they piece it together by finding the mess their old PCs left behind.
>>
>>53047432
>>53047450
>>53047458
Oh shit thanks for the advice.

Side note, as an oradin, how many levels of paladin do you dip?
>>
>>53049497
>Side note, as an oradin, how many levels of paladin do you dip?
2 or 3
>>
>>53049497
I'm pretty sure for Oradin, Life oracle is the dip
>>
>>53049292
Yeah, a roll20 group.

But the last voice-game I was in that was made of /pfg/ folks was none too good either.

I'm sticking to text only.
>>
How's the discord?
>>
>>53049675
full of the cabal

https://discord.gg/qcUEC

join us
>>
>>53046335
I wish some of the other generals were a bit lewder all things considered.
>>
>>53046335
Its kinda funny, since not even /twgg/ is as lewd as us.

Really activates those almonds
>>
>>53049758
we probably have brain problems
>>
>>53049544
Thanks

>>53049671
Well this is all in reference of making an oracle that can build/focus on magical tails. Even if it is not that great.
>>
So I'm getting ready for a Pathfinder game and I've been messing with the idea of a character missing their arm like Baiken from GG or Tyto the Swift from Gigantic

I've been looking at the Scarlet throne style from Path of War, and my DM has approved me using that style with only one arm, but I'm still thinking of interesting things that can be done.

https://youtu.be/0_GjipY-bDE?t=38s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK2jlu9j2Gs
>>
>>53050033
I thought tyto was just holding his arm behind his back because fencers do that.
>>
>>53049203
>>there's a light fapping sound but because three of the people are not push-to-talk, you can't tell which it is

I'm dying.
>>
>>53050033
god those animations are so silly

but I do want Baiken to bully me
>>
>>53050033

Those are some pretty funky walk cycles, anon.
>>
>>53050033

What's it called when a samurai does that thing with their sword, where they do that circular twist with it? I recall seeing the same animation in Nioh.

I'm talking about :58-:59 by the way, in case my description was terrible.
>>
>>53050033
>tfw you will never be able to replicate Raven's stupid ass combat "style"

fug dis
>>
>>53050093
The character designer was asked about that and this was his response to it

In response to a reddit question on his (or her) missing arm, Gorrem, the character designer behind Tyto the Swift said "The original story I ran with was an elite soldier was left for dead after an intense battle. Tyto lost their arm in the process and hid in the wilderness. Desperate for food, Tyto caught fang in a trap to eat. At the last moment Tyto had a change of heart, fought their survival instincts and befriended it instead."

>>53050108
Yah they're fucking silly, but I'm happy Baiken is back and i do love her new design honestly
>>53050124
Oh I'm well aware lol
>>53050133
I honestly couldn't say, maybe some kind of flourish? you mean the thing where the moon shows up in the background right?
>>53050143
Fug Raven
>>
>>53050162
>you mean the thing where the moon shows up in the background right?

Not the moon thing, the flourish. A boss in Nioh does the exact same thing.
>>
>>53050162
No fug you, he's a huge dork and I love him. Though to be fair I love the whole cast.
>>
Ya'll fuckers ready for tomorrow? You all braced for impact on the PLD greentext/demand for LOGS?

It's Lysanders turn to pay the toll
>>
>>53050247
Fuck off Vult, everyone's tired of your shit game.
>>
>>53050247
No, fuck off
>>
>>53050247
If you're Vult, fuck off.

If you're not Vult, fuck off.
>>
File: weeb 2.gif (2MB, 624x335px) Image search: [Google]
weeb 2.gif
2MB, 624x335px
>>53050202
This?
>>53050202
He's alright, he's just annoying as a Leo player personally
>>
>>53050247
No.

Go back to your bestiality porn, and leave us be.
>>
>>53050285
>This?

Nah, the slow and deliberate thing where you have both hands on the sword and clearly turn it a full 360 vertical.
>>
File: Pirde of the Weak.png (332KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pirde of the Weak.png
332KB, 500x500px
>>53045364
>Knight of the Sepulcher Anti-Paladin
>Undead Bloodline Sorcerer
>Dhampir
>Bone Oracle with Wasting curse at a stretch

Aside from these, how else can PCs play as an Undead in Pathfinder?
>>
>>53050325
I'm not sure what that's called at all honestly
>>
File: 1491524728784.gif (2MB, 695x392px) Image search: [Google]
1491524728784.gif
2MB, 695x392px
>>53050258
>>53050259
>>53050278
>>53050303
>>
>>53050202
its an old kenjutsu thing to center yourself. You don't actually do it in combat, maybe before or after, but it's meant to be signal the start of a kata, and at the end when you do it again, it flings some blood off the blade before you prepare for a flourished sheath
>>
>>53050247
I actually am, because I'm really curious who won the coveted slot. Nobody's talking.
>>
>>53050401
FUCK OFF DON'T GIVE HIM ATTENTION ANON
>>
>>53050247

>he's such a squeamish plebeian that he's going to force Lysander to be permanently transformed into a girl during adventuring hours because he's penis-phobic

Low tier.
>>
>>53050363
becoming an undead through wizardr, such as liches and vampires.

Sometimes GMs let you play as skeleton champions since they can gain class levels and XP

witches get some undead stuff too

bard who turns into a lich and plays the accordion or bagpipes to control undead is my favorite.
>>
>>53050247
What's your favourite PLD posters theory?

>Vult is attention whore
>PLD players are attention whores
>Funposters think PLD is an easy target
>Falseflaggers trying to kill PLD
>Rejected app is super salty
>Discord hates Vult, PLD is collaterol damage
>PLD player is actually Diamond Dog undermining the game via PLD posting
>>
Speaking of ridiculous skill bonuses my sorcerer is currently sitting on +42 to diplomacy, what sort of shenanigans can I get up to?
>>
>>53050443

Vult is definitely an attention whore.

Gloriana-anon is also a confirmed attention whore, as they're the one who'd been leaking all the logs.
>>
>>53050202
It's called the Chiburi. It's symbolic of the fight being over, as you flick the blood off your sword. Doing it while the fight's still going is basically saying "you're so far beneath me, this isn't even a real fight".
>>
>>53050443
Probably a little bit of each of the first three.
>>
>>53050443
Vult is an attention whore with thin skin, his players probably are too.

I just want him to fuck off, he's as bad as roryanon in his prime.
>>
>>53050443
My bet's on Slow. He joined the game to sink it, got bored of that, and quit, but the funposters have already latched on.
>>
>>53050482
>thin skin
Out of of everything I've seen, this one thing is true above all else.
>>
>>53050482

Did you see the Discord all turn against him today?

It was delicious.

Open, unabashed "LOL you're a creepy rapist pervert" from multiple people out in the open.

Vult unironically said "DON'T KINKSHAME ME" like it is some sort of fundamental human right.

He literally launched into an autistic rage.
>>
>>53050458
the usefulness of skills starts to taper off once you get one into the 30s. But you will be very good at convincing people for stuff. Maybe like more payments, maybe like more goods or secret stuff you can buy. That sort of stuff. You might also be able to talk down most combat encounters if you share a language.
>>
>>53050496
It'd be much less annoying if he was a decent ERPer too, but he's shite.

Not applying to PLD was the best decision I ever made, I got a bad feeling about him from the start.
>>
>>53050493
Fuck off, Vult.
>>
File: 53L21Lb.png (155KB, 700x343px) Image search: [Google]
53L21Lb.png
155KB, 700x343px
>>53050428
>Witches
Will look into this.

Everything else you said is just asking the GM if I can play an undead. Anything can be done that way.

I want to be able to do it by the rules.
>>
>>53050516
Uh-huh, sure. Like we'll believe anything a shitposter says without proof, you cunt.
>>
>>53050493

>to sink it

He was not exactly quiet about being uncomfortable with the game's themes, Vult. But he was willing to play along until you decided to use your position as the GM to force everyone to dance to your tune with your PbP requirements along with weekly sessions, while simultaneously ignoring him.
>>
>>53050516
I was probably asleep

I'll scroll up

Oh wow haha he got owned.
>>
>>53050493
HA! I was wondering how long it would take Vult to start throwing shade at Captain Slow under the guise of anonymity. Couldn't even make it a week. Pathetic!
>>
Question: if you were going to tie throwing people into the Combat Maneuver system, what would be the best way to do that? Make a check, toss them 5 feet, plus an additional 5 for every 5 by which their CMD is beaten, and then have assorted modifiers? Is that too similar to Bull Rush? How would you do it?
>>
File: kinkshaming reeeeee.png (8KB, 257x80px) Image search: [Google]
kinkshaming reeeeee.png
8KB, 257x80px
>>53050516
>>53050530
>>53050570
>>
>>53050596
It already exists, Ki Throw
>>
>>53050598
>posting it out of context
>>
>>53050598
1, that doesn't look like a serious, unironic statement

2, he's not WRONG. We've tolerated Dragons' SO THICC SHE'S A SPHERE memes for months, why is Vult the one who gets shit for his kinks?
>>
>>53050519
Oh look, it's that time again. Did school just let out for the day?
>>
>>53050598
And if that's sarcasm or a joke? What about the surrounding context, hmm? Or are you not going to post it because you know it'll reveal your bluff?
>>
>>53050614
To be fair, the context is autistic.

Vult "How do I make my system devised specifically for unwilling transformation monster rape apply to not rape."

Vult is retarded
>>
>>53050605
I meant in a way that didn't feel like a tacked-on afterthought the way ki throw does. In a game where large creatures could easily lift small creatures in one hand (Gnome vs Minotaur), it should be better represented than "use this other maneuver and handwave it over I guess"
>>
>>53050428
>>53050526
How do you become a lich?
>>
>>53050634
Can't he just apply it to not rape?
>>
>>53050618
Thiccposters have been bigger faggots than Vult will ever be.
>>
>>53050634
Except if you read the conversation you're pretending to quote, you'll notice he's talking about the environmental and healing aspects of the corruption, and not the rape.
>>
>>53050596
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/monster-feats/awesome-blow/
https://www.sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/feats/combat-feats/greater-awesome-blow-combat

Alternatively, Tiger Claws, which IS a Bull Rush
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/tiger-claws-combat/
>>
>>53050655
Which doesn't stop it from being a system explicitly for forced transformation from monster rape
>>
>>53050649

No, because he feels that the forced mindbreak and lewd body transformations are non-negotiable.

He's too autistic to realize that forced transformation and mindbreak is ESSENTIALLY A METAPHOR FOR RAPE.
>>
>>53050643
I would only really start thinking about it once a player asks about it. I would probably design something particular for them.
>>
File: i see your point.png (931KB, 1565x1080px) Image search: [Google]
i see your point.png
931KB, 1565x1080px
>>53050681
>>
>>53050671
Loss of bodily autonomy doesn't always equal rape. It's just as easily a metaphor for any of a million mental disorders.
>>
>>53050643
>>53050526
There are a couple ways, but since the only time its ever actually been specified was in 3.5, most people still run with that. You have to discover the exact spells and ritual in-game through finding dark secrets or whatever usually.
The ritual is all about rewriting the laws of the universe with pure evil so that it becomes a natural law that as long as the spells in your phylactery are running, the lich HAS to exist.

Well, as a cleric you can become a lich as soon as you reach level 11, as long as you want to do the required stuff. Which usually involves creating a poison out of the venom and poison of a ton of animals and creatures and plants you encounter till your adventure there. Along with the heart of a good aligned dragon, and the heart of someone completely innocent, (usually a baby), and the heart of someone twice your age. You mix it all into a potion, prepare a phylactery by casting the spells, cone of cold, false life, and gentle repose on it, then under a full moon you drink the potion. You make a system shock roll and if you fail, you are dead forever, and not even divine intervention can bring you back. If you succeed then you die but rise as a lich.
>>
>>53050696
"hahah i just want to mindbreak and transform you against your will so hahaha its not at all rape hahah"
>>
>>53050655
Vult pulled his classic "REEE WHY DON'T PEOPLE RELIGIOUSLY READ UP IN THE DISCORD EVERY TIME I POST I'M SPECIAL" routine i see
>>
>>53050711

"Haha you're turning into a bee girl now, you're all hot and inviting and shit"

LITERALLY THE EXAMPLE THEY USED
>>
>>53050711
I'm actually really curious how mutations are a metaphor for rape. Mindbreak, I can kind of see, but mutations? What the hell kind of rape have you been through, a uranium dildo?
>>
>>53050734

The trauma of rape, particularly PLD's flavor, is being subjected to something you absolutely hate, and your body turning against yourself and not only submitting to it, but RESPONDING TO IT WITH PLEASURE.
>>
>>53050734
Something happening to your body. Something you can't control. Something that permanently changes who you are. Something with far reaching consequences you don't fully understand.

It's pretty clear to me.
>>
>>53050443
Everything except those last two. Those are just Vult's paranoia.
>>
File: 2b thinking.png (24KB, 128x118px) Image search: [Google]
2b thinking.png
24KB, 128x118px
By that logic, is being turned into a zombie rape?
>>
>>53050700
You could technically get all those hearts consentually given to you and not have to actually commit any evil acts to make that happen.
>>
>>53050671
What did Vult do THIS time?
>>
>>53050663
I'm familiar with those, I just want to integrate throwing in at the same level that bull rush and trip are, as something that people can try without having a bunch of feats first. I don't like how, with the rules as written, a large minotaur with a heavyload belt and assorted greataxe feats (for whom a Light Load is anything under 580 pounds) is unable to even try to grab and throw a 35 pound gnome.
>>
File: 1450148776635.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1450148776635.gif
2MB, 500x281px
The most annoying part of this new shitposting phase is that it's really hard to tell that it's not one person talking to himself constantly.
>>
>>53050545
Why are weekly sessions a bad thing?
>>
>>53050775
>everything is rape
>>
>>53050775
Why do you think creating undead is literally always evil?
>>
>>53050793
They can be if someone wasn't originally up for that.
>>
>>53050784

Got mad because some discord newbies laughed at him and called him a creepy sicko rapist and hadn't religiously read his game's fluff and rules.

REEE KINKSHAMING REEE

>>53050793

They're not, but this is in addition to mandatory PbP and rape minisessions.
>>
>>53050781
That is what happened in 3.5 with a particular type of good aligned lich. But part of the ritual is killing the three beings at the same time right before the potion is mixed
>>
>>53050800
Welcome to Paizo, leave your balls at the door.
>>
>>53050792
Filter "Vult" from the thread.
>>
>>53050784
Acted like a sperg again, what else.

He's really into the raping girls into monster girls thing.
>>
>>53050771
So.. literally any chronic illness or disorder ever is a metaphor for rape?

Wait, holy shit, you know what happens to bodies that changes them and they can't control? Combat damage! ALL ADVENTURERS ARE RAPISTS, PENETRATING US INDISCRIMINATELY WITH THEIR GIANT STEEL PENISES
>>
File: vult.jpg (29KB, 563x321px) Image search: [Google]
vult.jpg
29KB, 563x321px
>>
>>53050840

t. PLD crew
>>
>>53050840
>SJW logic
>>
>>53050840
It can be.

Like literally every metaphor, the context matters. If you're too dense to understand that, kindly leave the conversation.
>>
>>53050793
When you sign up for a bi-weekly game, but then a session or two in get told "you know, I'm feeling more like we should do this weekly with a play-by-post to keep everyone updated", it's a bit harder to justify staying when your schedule only had the room for a bi-weekly game. People have work, or school, or travel plans, or what-have-you, and it's always a bit of a shocker when scheduling is forced to change.

Ergo, it's honestly probably for the best to leave a game like that on a neutral note, rather than suffering in a timeslot or slots you can't reasonably attend.
>>
This is why PLD posting should be banned, fucking hell it turns every thread to garbage
>>
>>53050855
Clearly the only ethical choice is to murder people with throwing clams. That sounds far more feminist.
>>
>>53050838
I want to but I'm kind of attached to DEUS VULT posts.
>>
>>53050873
WRONG

We will only use engulfing weapons!
>>
>>53050866
If the context is what matters, why, then, when Vult says "how can I genericize this enough to not be a rape metaphor", is the answer apparently "you can't, ever"? No forced transformation stories ever have not been a metaphor for rape?
>>
>>53050869
But we're already in auto-sage. It doesn't matter that the thread is garbo.
>>
>>53050891
I've literally never seen forced transformation not basically be rape.
>>
File: engulfing weapons.jpg (237KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
engulfing weapons.jpg
237KB, 760x596px
>>53050890
>>
File: TerribleDeal-TF04-JP-VG.jpg (91KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
TerribleDeal-TF04-JP-VG.jpg
91KB, 544x544px
>>53050829
Fair enough. I think I've read about that before.

I guess I already found all the fairly simple ways to play as an Undead.
>>
>>53050925
Undead are like, always evil. So yeah.
>>
New thread!

>>53050938

>>53050938

>>53050938

>>53050938

>>53050938
>>
DESU, it's not rape. It's just as bad, it's a violation of identity and self, but it's not rape.
Just as bad though, and just as deserving of scorn.
>>
>>53050943
Alright, that's enough /pfg/ for today. See you guys tomorrow.
>>
>>53050943
You know what. No. Fuck off.
>>
>>53050943
Fuck you and fuck your thread. I'll wait on another.
>>
>>53050943
You know what? Fuck you. You're ruining even touhou, and even 2hu didn't ruin touhou.

Report.
And.
Ignore.
>>
File: GGXrd Raven Pain Stance.gif (323KB, 500x413px) Image search: [Google]
GGXrd Raven Pain Stance.gif
323KB, 500x413px
>>53050285
>just as annoying as a Leo player
You mean "they wipe the floor with you for two rounds, then completely crumple when you stop falling for their meme setup", save that Ravens take three times as many combos to kill you? I can still see it. The number of times people fall for the obvious corner pressure is staggering.
t. Raven main so use to getting everything blocked he's never been able to learn actual followups, and is stuck baiting people into his command grabs.

I also suddenly realize that a Con-avowed with the bloodforge feat for Fast Healing would probably be the closest I could get to a mechanical expy of this fag, and I don't know how I should feel about that. The dearth of mechanics that let you "benefit" from getting your shit kicked in kind of saddens me.
>>
New thread thats not complete garbage

>>53051028
>>53051028
>>53051028
>>53051028
>>
>>53051034
Ah good, I was working on one myself but you beat me to it.
>>
File: let him rot.gif (10KB, 600x242px) Image search: [Google]
let him rot.gif
10KB, 600x242px
>>
File: 61258134_p0.jpg (1MB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
61258134_p0.jpg
1MB, 800x1132px
>>53051016
Yah, literally anyone else would be easier to make in pathfinder lol
>>
>>53051102
To be fair, I'm pretty sure he has Tarrasque-tier Regeneration on top of straight up not aging, so he's probably way beyond the realm of "something a PC should be allowed to have"
>>
>>53051180
True enough
>>
>>53050771
Y'mean puberty?
Thread posts: 417
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.