[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm hosting a game of STALKAN this weekend, and while I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2423.jpg (61KB, 400x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2423.jpg
61KB, 400x758px
I'm hosting a game of STALKAN this weekend, and while I have the main story written, what can I do about sidequests beyond clear out the bandit camp, find this artifact and go talk to this guy for more fetch quests?
Anyone who's played this mind sharing a bit from their experience?
>>
File: 1489314315053.png (63KB, 1006x727px) Image search: [Google]
1489314315053.png
63KB, 1006x727px
>>53044249
Can't offer much advice. I'm not really a creative one, sadly. Maybe some base fortification. Well I guess that would be a series of fetch quests to get the stuff to fortify with. So, eh. Maybe they have to find a way out of the zone to get some delivery from guys that don't want to enter it, and then they have to get back in. Also basically a fetch quest, but hopefully somewhat different. Dunno.
But I'd be interested to hear how you run the game. The original RPG, GURPS, some hombrew?
>>
>>53044249
I would help, but my stalker game was based off Roadside picnic.
>>
>>53044505
I could definitely work something in with death trucks for in and out of the zone movement, thanks for the idea.
I'm running entirely off the STALKAN RPG pdf with any further information that I need taken from my knowledge of the world/the wiki.
We will also be using a board on Tabletop Sim that while being entirely in Russian, is probably as good as it can get in regards to visuals.
>>
>>53044722
Look at the games, where a lot of things were just either shit happening around you, and you could choose to get stuck in or bugger off, people running up, begging for help, or a lone stalker being chased by a pack of pseudodogs.
>>
>>53044249
Create interesting characters and mysterious areas/events. STALKER is riddled with bizarre anomalies, many of which are unique to their environment.
>>
>>53044249
Depending on how you run it, social things can make a big impact. Convincing someone to back down or work with others, providing protection as a bodyguard, acting as repomen, basically anything that could cause friction between two or more parties is game.
>>
The players are irradiated in a blowout , and are in the walking dead stage of radiation poisoning. They will surely die unless they drink from an unpolluted spring deep within a reactor or cave.
>>
>>53045731
Fair, I supposed "fetch quests" are inevitable, it's just up the the DM to make them interesting.
>>
>>53044249
Can't say I have played or gm'ed such setting myself, but I'd suggest looking at case of Zone from bottom.

First, I'd advise making a list of factions present in your Zone.
From baseline I guess it would be something like this:

Legal ones
>Military
>Scientists
>""PMC""
Freelancers
>Stalkers
>Bandits
>Stalker faction #1
>Stalker faction #2

And then you can take a look at the ways how these groups could interact with eachother.
>plain war
>one group besieged by another faction calls for help
>a vip got stuck and would pay big rubels to get him out of a more dangerous area of the Zone
>paid by guy in one faction to deliver goods to a faction that was supposed to be hostile to his own
>...a romance between members of two hated factions, because why not have radioactive children

Even if these may not be sidequests on their own, it adds colour and may force players to chose a side (with consequences). Anyway, I'm just making shit up as I go. But, yeah, I'd suggest for you to stop looking at your plot and the zone as a whole, but take a glance at present factions, towns and npcs as individual beings with their own needs in given circumstances. Most of normal life shit and dramas could work in there.
>>
I've usually let my players sort of make up their own side quests. Hunting for rare/unusual critters, starting side businesses, being hired by "zone tourists" to guide them between settlements or landmarks, looking for lost/missing people, etc. Last time we played the group spent a week in game chasing rumors that a military helicopter crashed on the edge of the Red Forrest.
>>
>>53045866
4 desperately irradiated stalkers
1 bottle of vodka with just enough inside to remove the radiation from 1 person
Make them play Russian Roulette
>>
Haven't played the STALKER rpg, but I have played the games.

-Infiltrate a military instillation

-Respond to the SOS radio call

-Help X group to attack X or defend against them

-Anomaly that sends them to a dimensional pocketed area (decide what odd thing they have to do to get out)

-Hunting for rare / large or very dangerous animal variants

-Bounty hunting wanted posters at safe zones (players can come across wanted people in the primary questline, random encounters or other sidequests.)

-Bodyguard/merc work for VIP or for small group entering tunnel systems for scientific items.

-Serial killer hunt starting with clues / body parts / word of mouth

-landmine clearance (if you are in a bad mood)

-Infiltrate X group to kill a leader, plant false information or to take information.

-Captured by 'Controller'

-alternative dormant experiment ie: similar to the brain scorcher

-Poltergeist haunted house

Just a few ideas off the top of my head. Obviously they can be fleshed out and have potential to be interesting or simply short fillers.

Here are some side missions from the Lost Alpha, although they aren't particularly inspiring, you can probably pick out a few.

http://lost-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Missions
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.