[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What everyone I play with seems to think is fun: >"XD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: berserk.jpg (95KB, 750x797px)
berserk.jpg
95KB, 750x797px
What everyone I play with seems to think is fun:
>"XD My special snowflake wizard build is so OP, look at how high a number I can roll every turn! God, I love playing Final Fantasy Tactics: The Boardgame! Lolol And my dumb Barbarian meathead character gets away with all sort of comedy antics because lulz!"

What I actually want to play for once:
"After recovering all of that treasure from the Felldrake's lair, it looks like we may have enough revenue to initiate our faction's military campaign against the Blackhands. We must send word that we request audience with the noble council, so that we may know who will stand beside us in the coming days, With their aid, we may Exile the evils that darken these lands, and we can reclaim farmland that was taken from our forefathers."

What do?
>>
>>53033539

On the absolutely minuscule chance this isn't just stupid buzzword filled bait-

Find another group. Online, offline, doesn't matter. If what you want and what they want completely fail to line up, you're all better off going separate ways.

Different groups and different people have different playstyles. Claims that one style another is superior is just assholes wanking their opinions. What's important is doing your best to find a group whose style at least roughly lines up with yours, or finding a compromise between the preferences of the group that leaves everyone involved still able to enjoy the experience.
>>
>>53033574
I guess what I'm really asking is, how do I find a group that:
a.) Actually wants to role play instead of just sticking to their meme build for three sessions before getting bored and switching to a different character
b.)Is okay with mixing and matching systems where compatible to simulate a wide variety of scenarios. From small scale brawls to full overland battles
c.) Is willing to go full Autist with me on lore in a homebrew setting, to the point where we can sit and act out a council meeting to make our decisions?
>>
>>53033649

Hard fucking work.

There are a lot of roleplaying groups and mediums online. A lot of games are private, some are public.

Of those games which recruit publicly? 90% are awful. They're new GMs who haven't yet been burned, or shitty people who can't keep regular players, with the occasional decent GM just looking for new players among them.

Even if, looking through gamefinders and roll20 and the sup/tg/ listing, you find a game that seems perfect, don't get your hopes up. It's probably going to suck.

But the point isn't the game- The point is networking. If the game advertised for certain things, there's a decent chance other people involved who might not be complete shitheads might like the same things you do.

Keep doing this, and keep in contact with decent players you find. Share games with them, get to know them, make friends, slowly grow your circle, shedding the shitters and finding good and reliable players and GMs until you have a reliable, stable group which fits your tastes.

It's possible. I know it is because I managed it. But it took me fucking years until I'd properly cleansed my social circle of the dross I'd accumulated in the attempt. Now? I have achieved gaming nirvana, and it is so fucking good. I had a GM run a solo side session for me the other day which was so tense it had me on the end of my seat and where the ending left me literally crying. All that work was so goddamn worth it.
>>
>>53033539
You forgot the worst part of the first one
>Let's play IKRPG/4eD&D/GURPS
>NUh!!! THEY'RE GAMIST PIECE OF SHIT LMAO
>>
>>53033539
You do realise you don't need to make these posts to get people on /tg/ to think you're cool right
>>
>>53038442
Nah, it's ok, someone needs to be the bigger faggot.
>>
>>53033539
>After recovering all of that treasure from the Felldrake's lair, it looks like we may have enough revenue to initiate our faction's military campaign against the Blackhands. We must send word that we request audience with the noble council, so that we may know who will stand beside us in the coming days, With their aid, we may Exile the evils that darken these lands, and we can reclaim farmland that was taken from our forefathers."

Sooth, sirrah, tarry a while in this cosy nook by hearthfire's light, and hear these words of a wizened wanderer. In the Third Age, before the Deathcrawl and the War of the Light, El'turianeth, King of the Elves, did forge out from the high topped city of Al'monrath to slew the mighty dragon Bak'monot'or the Despoiler. Long he rode, crossing the Fire-Ice plains of Zal'zuban and the deadly Skullfields of Loq'amor, fighting the fell Orcoll Legions of the Dark Wizard Alabrimeth the Black. Long he fought with his trusty steed Silvermantle and his magic sword Vel'a Q'ar, Foebane.
>>
>>53038733
>Long he fought with his trusty steed Silvermantle and his magic sword Vel'a Q'ar, Foebane.
Why was he fighting his horse and sword?
>>
>>53033539
I know what you mean, I hate games where all we do is roll dice and try our best to entertain the GM for extra shit.

I recently started to read into OSR shit, so whenever you have the time, try swinging by /osrg/ and taking a look through the trove.
>>
>>53033539
>waaagh, stop playing what you like to play, and play what i like to play
thats what you sound like when you make posts like this. stop being a baby, tell your group what you would like to try, or find a new group
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.