[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible for a Skitarri to "go rogue" and function

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Skitarius.jpg (111KB, 650x822px) Image search: [Google]
Skitarius.jpg
111KB, 650x822px
Is it possible for a Skitarri to "go rogue" and function on his own?

Just finished reading this today. While it was nice to see how the Skitarri function withing Ad Mech society, one thing that got to me was the constant removal of the MC free will.

The codexes and surrounding lore point out that Skitarii have free will and independent thought, yet in this novel the priests can suppress it whenever they want via implants/neural networks/hormone manipulation in the Skitarri body.
>>
Read the follow-up, Tech-Priest. It's soooo much better and will answer your question.
>>
>>53033031
Will do. I really enjoy the Skitarii from a lore perspective, even more so after reading this. I especially liked how they showed off the difference between tech-priests who want to seek knowledge and understanding in the galaxy, and those who just want more power and influence on thier Forge World.
>>
>>53032945
Also
>MC is a ranger
>Vanguard on the cover

mildly annoyed me, considering there is short story about a vangaurd
>>
>>53032945
it's specifically mentioned in the codex that while they do have free will, it can be over ridden by a dominus at pretty much any time. The skitarii essentially see it as being possessed by the Omnisiah himself and see it as a great honor.
>>
>>53034072

Well, in the novel this happens but they also sometimes just take over his mind against his will. His body too.It isn't always some religious experience to them. its quite unsettling and uncomfortable for him and they have to suppress his emotions from the panic their control causes.
>>
>>53033389
Haldron-44-Stroika is an Alpha Primus to be exact. The created helmet is standard for all alphas.
>>
>>53034271
I wasn't aware the Alphas had a different helmet. I knew he was an Alpha had the good shit in terms of augs.

Can Vanguards become Alphas as well? I figure the whole killing yourself slowly with radiation sort of means a vanguard dies before he gets to hat level of promotion.
>>
>>53034333
I mean, all units have alphas. Read the skitarii codex lore blurb under vanguard.
>>
>>53034421

the novel makes it clear 44-Stroika is a fairly high rank, as he command large forces and is present during the tech priest strategic planning.

I haven't read much into their codex but is I assume this is because he's an Alpha Primus, with the Primus being a high rank within the Skitarri. The novel doesn't do a great job of spelling out what exactly his role is within the army.
>>
>>53034493
If the magos is the general, the alpha-primus is the Lieutenant General . He has athority over all skitarii units and gam promote them at will. After the fuck up and the ranking magos died he became the ranking officer on the planet.
>>
>>53034848
Does the lowest ranking tech-priest outrank the highest ranking Skitarii?
>>
>>53035141
Technically yes, but it's up to the techpriest if he follows him or not. Not 100% sure that the rank and file adept can influence skitarii. Basically the adept could chose experience over rank.
>>
So is it like NCO vs officer?
>>
>>53034211
Welcome to the grim darkness of the far future. Shit is distinctly not okay, but whatcha gonna do?
>>
>>53034271
As a small sidenote, Stroika means "Construction" or "Project" in russian. Is the book worth reading? I'd love to learn more fluffy bits about mechanicus.
>>
Are the two books 30k or 40k? I'd probably get them if it's 40k.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.