[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Fel inid > Their a human

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 48

File: 1493742745545.jpg (1MB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1493742745545.jpg
1MB, 1440x1440px
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Felinid
> Their a human variant it says due to having human DNA so cant be hunted as xenos.

Is this what they meant by the grim dark future of war? An army of cat girls?
>>
That guy looks pissed.
>>
File: 1493744638808.jpg (347KB, 1280x1421px) Image search: [Google]
1493744638808.jpg
347KB, 1280x1421px
Just finding out about this but doesnt seem like its heresy due to the homo sapien DNA that is their underlying being.

Judging from the few pictures I have seen I assume they are in the Imperial Guard? Wondering if we will get a space marine chapter of these cat like people much like the Space Wolves who are half-wolf/half-human/half-space marine.
>>
>>53028047
Felenids are probably like Retarded Khajiit.
>>
File: 1493745854575.jpg (113KB, 950x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1493745854575.jpg
113KB, 950x1200px
>>53028047
>>53028080
Can anyone please expand upon what GW gives as info for this race of cat girls? The wiki entry is only one line.

It appears their a planet in the Imperium so are loyal cat girls of the emperor but beyond that I would like to know more of what the official codexes say if anyone has info.
>>
>>53028116
>>53028080
>>53028047
also wondering if this is the product possibly of our beloved Matt Ward and will we get a line of cat girl miniatures to bring them to the table?
>>
>>53028047
Someone post the pic.
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLO.
>>
>>53028116
The wiki entry is one line because that's all the canon fluff there is on them. Some people are dead set on making them out to be horrifying abominations that don't look anything like cats OR humans, some people are dead set on making them anthro cat people, some are dead set on making them humans with a few token feline traits like ears and tails.

And a precious few people just do their own thing and try to have fun with it over the chorus of BADWRONGFUN.
>>
Are these possibly an unknown creation of the emperor much like how the primarchs were scattered about? Making the cat girls as a playable race on par with space marines?
>>
>>53028047
This is literally newfag stuff. No one on /tg/cares about that last minute detail GEEDUBS made in the astra militarum book on one of the previous edition. It's probably not even canon anymore.

Anyone trying to have a discussion about this is grasping at straws
>>
>>53028047
>so cant be hunted as xenos
They can be hunted as mutants instead.

But hey, 40k is supposed to be a big galaxy, exploring every little detail would gut its magic off; you call play any kind of abhuman you want.
Especially catgirls.
>>
>>53028208
thanks for the info, just seems weird that GW would list a race and only one line about it? Leaving the rest to imagination? I wouldnt mind a space wolves like chapter of say cat girls which are half cat half human sort of like how the space wolves are half wolf half human.

>>53028215
>Anyone trying to have a discussion about this is grasping at straws
THanks for the info or ya know confirmation of lack of info. was wondering if maybe there was more in one of the appended codexes but I guess not.
>>
They are abhumans, meaning they are a branch of humanity that has evolved based on the conditions they were in, but is still close enough to human to be accepted by the imperium, kinda like ogryns or ratlings. Thats all we fucking no. Personally I'm of the opinion they are much closer to human than cat, because if they were furry beastmen abominations the imperium would have killed them all. Same as how if ratlings are not skaven, they're just fucking tiny. If ratlings were skaven they wouldn't have been accepted as abhumans, they just would have been put down.
>>
File: 1492674866285z21b.jpg (164KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492674866285z21b.jpg
164KB, 640x960px
>>53028223
>They can be hunted as mutants instead.
I struggle with that because as a loyal SOB player the Space marines are technically mutants and do hope one day to partner with Rogal Down in tearing down the chapters of the Astartes one by one as the foul mutants they are standing against Mankind as their threat of heresy like their battle brothers of the past looms on the horizon.
>Urge to purge with cleansing fire intensifies.
>>
>>53028264
Guess maybe they added it to see if people who would maybe talk about it? Maybe as a testing ground for a future story arc in one of the books? Really wondering if perhaps their led by a cat girl primarch previously unknown due to the coveted secrecy of the work in the Emperors secret laboratories under Holy Terra.

Perhaps its an abhuman primarch? One that would have evolved like others taking on traits of the people of the planet and the environment?
>>
>>53028047
Anyone got that picture of a Sister of Battle covered in felinid guardswomen?
>>
>>53028320
Maybe it's one of the secret primarchs.
>>
>>53028264
Personally I like the joke that they were the result of genetic experiments in the DAoT. Because if the technology to make Space Marines exists you KNOW someone had to think of making some full on kawaii catgirls with it.

It's jut part of human nature.
>>
>>53028264

This...actually makes sense. When you think about it it's pretty damn unlikely the imperium would accept something like >>53028080. >>53028116 maybe, but definitely not the full furry.
>>
File: CAT.jpg (540KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
CAT.jpg
540KB, 1600x900px
IT'S A BRITISH REFERENCE FROM A BRITISH COMPANY ABOUT BRITISH TV

THEY LOOK LIKE THIS
>>
>>53028394

That actually makes a disturbing amount of sense. There was probably a bunch of other fetish bullshit too, but the Imperium just ended up killing all of those as muties.
>>
>>53028264
>Personally I'm of the opinion they are much closer to human than cat, because if they were furry beastmen abominations the imperium would have killed them all.

One piece of Tau fluff is that, thousands of years ago, the Imperium found primitive Tau. Instead of exterminating them immediately, they decided that they had more urgent problems to deal with and planned to come back later. Then the Tau got protected by a very convenient (for the Tau) warp storm, which only dissipated when the Tau had become what they are now.

I'd expect the Imperium does a similar thing to abhumans that aren't warp-tainted or useful. Delay their extermination until they don't have a more urgent need of the forces required*. Until then, confine them to their planet.

*Exterminatus would wreck the biosphere. They don't justify a cost that high right now.
>>
>>53028394
> Nekopara is set in the 40k universe on a planet that lost contact with the human empire
Despair but also a boner
>>
>>53028365
>Maybe it's one of the secret primarchs.
I eluded to this as a possibility since it is similar to plot devices used by GW in the past in relation to the WH40k universe.

> When you think about it it's pretty damn unlikely the imperium would accept something like >>53028080 (You). >>53028116 (You)
If their abhuman, and from the detailed explanation down to the genetic level saying so, it would stand to reason they are more human than cat. Though the degree to which they are anthropomorphic seems as of yet unknown without any official imagry from GW showing the cat-girl crusaders in their full glory.

To be part of the imperium as stated, assumes we can infer they are followers of the Emperor of man then much like the Brides of the Emperor?
>>
>>53028394
>There are no wolves on fenris.

There is precedent.
>>
>>53028494

Well this has taken a turn for the strange.
>>
>>53028438
I mean, a lot of the others are explicitly experiments: the Gland Wars and Afriel Strain come to mind, Ogryns could have been bred as a servile "class" on some worlds, the Troths could have been an experiment in introducing photosynthesis, etc.

It'd make a certain amount of sense that many stable "abhumans" were the result of intercession, while most "mutants" are accidents.
>>
File: SoB and SM.png (696KB, 980x700px) Image search: [Google]
SoB and SM.png
696KB, 980x700px
>>53028281
Depends on the order, really.
>>
I'm honestly surprised that everyone assumes felinids are catgirls and not something completely different.

Ratlings aren't ratmen after all.
>>
>>53028320
>>53028365
The lost primarch was a dense harem protagonist growing up on a planet of catgirls. The Emperor had him executed and made into an unperson because he had shit taste in waifus and didn't go for the childhood friend.
>>
>>53028559

>Fatidicus
>FAT-i-DICK-us
>Fat dick, with a little psuedo latin elements thrown in.

Am I the only one who sees this? Father Fat Dick preaching on Terra?
>>
>>53028565

Exactly what I said.
>>
>>53028559
Thanks for sharing anon! Very informative and in line with what I am thinking.

>>53028565
>I'm honestly surprised that everyone assumes felinids are catgirls and not something completely different.
True but ratlings arent really skaven, their just more like tiny humans but dominantly appearance wise and genetically more human than anything else if there is some goalpost to measure that by I suppose.
>>
>>53028538
ogryns evolved on high gravity worlds

some abhumans are simply the result of evolution others are caused by genetic manipulations
mutants however are people born with to much deviation from the standard norm.
>>
>>53028591
Nice.

>>53028488
I'm only the first poster in your post.
I can't really care.
>>
>>53028604
>Am I the only one who sees this?
Yes.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fatidicus
>>
>>53028505
We know that there is something about Space Wolf geneseed that means it only works on humans from Fenris. Major genetic engineering on the original colonists, followed by their altered biology altering geneseed implanted within space marines from there, would explain it.

The people of fenris just remained looking human, and got themselves a primarch. So the parts of the Imperium that found out about their altered DNA just looked the other way.

>>53028538

>It'd make a certain amount of sense that many stable "abhumans" were the result of intercession, while most "mutants" are accidents.
Indeed.

As for felinids, you can justify the visible alterations on a fully furry catgirl as helping them survive on that planet (or parts of it) if you really want to.

Personally I go with the ears and tail catgirls. Mainly because I was hoping that FFG would do a supplement detailing abhumans useful to the investigation parts of Inquisition work. But that's never going to happen.

>>53028565
True. But catgirls are the most interesting suggestion I've seen.
>>
>>53028559
>no preaching on imperial worlds
this sounds like a piece of fluff that should have been retconned or is being ignored by everyone
>>
So they're exclusively female? That doesn't seem very human at all.
>>
File: Purify thine furry sins.jpg (149KB, 890x850px) Image search: [Google]
Purify thine furry sins.jpg
149KB, 890x850px
/v/ version of this thread had same OP picture, only my duty to post the best response pic.
>>
>>53028739

Well no, they aren't, but the only people who give a shit are fetishists, and they only care about cat girls not cat boys.
>>
>>53028080
All of the pictures you have seen are fan art. They are stated as being restricted to their home world so, no, they are not IG. They aren't even allowed to leave planet.

Also their taxonomic name is homo sapien hirsutis so they most likely look like the Mexican wolfman not a furry as that would be to far of a genetic deviation to qualify as abhuman.
This is 40k after all and not so moe anime.

Pic related.
>>
>>53028670
It's more that abhumans have a stable breeding population that produces more of the same abhuman. A separate species descended from humanity.

Mutants either can't breed, or produce offspring that are very different in unpredictable ways.

Xenos have no human ancestry. The distinction between xeno, abxeno, and xeno-mutant is one the Imperium rarely cares about.
>>
>>53028739
>So they're exclusively female? That doesn't seem very human at all.
If and I mean "IF" they have some sort of cat like traits natively which were further supplemented with the geneseed of a primarch being present it may be natural that the females may demonstrate higher levels of aggression as seen in actual tigers/cats etc...
>>
File: wulfen.jpg (689KB, 1920x1374px) Image search: [Google]
wulfen.jpg
689KB, 1920x1374px
If GW did release cat girls for guard or something, I think we can assume they wouldn't be full-on furries, if Wulfen are any indication.
>>
>>53028757
>Also their taxonomic name is homo sapien hirsutis so they most likely look like the Mexican
They are from a world called Carlos McConnell.

Scottish-mexicans ?
>>
>>53028757
>All of the pictures you have seen are fan art. They are stated as being restricted to their home world so, no, they are not IG.
I noticed this is, I asked about that since it seemed odd so much fanart of something with one line and all in Imperial Guard armor, there are more images but I dont care to save or post them but all have Imperial Guard armor for some reason.

Why do you say with confidence there is no IG present on the world when it is in the imperium? Am I missing something?

>>53028775
Would really break the aesthetics of the universe to have furries running around yet still call them human. Would make more sense if they had some cat like traits, cat ears, maybe teeth or some kind of facial deformation? but tails and fur just seems a bit too much.
>>
>>53028245
>Leaving the rest to imagination?

Its a fucking setting, using your imagination for YOU to fill the void is actually the point of this and a hundred othe one liners across 40k!

Why do people have this fascination for everything needing to be neatly spelled out and obvious?
>>
>>53028792
That planet most likely is named after the guy who discovered it. Not uncommon for Rogue Traders.
>>
>>53028792
>http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Carlos_McConnell
Who is this Carlos McConell?
Sounds like groundwork laying for a story that is being written or maybe a story arc that got scrapped due to Ultramar becoming the next big thing because Ultramarines rule!
>>
>homo sapien hirsutis

Well shit, they might actually be furries. Fuck, that ruins everything for me.
>>
>>53028759
abhumans are a subspecies of human not a separate species
much like a chihuahua and a rotweiler are both still dogs
there is no offical designation for a mutant , in books i've read they seem to use a % grade to determine if someone is a mutant or not. They are still human though , just born with a quirk (or horribly misshapen)
xenos are xenos yes , no idea why you mentioned that
>>
>>53028813
There is nothing in the fluff beyond that one line in the abhumans entry. That's it. Full stop.

You see it in fanart because nerds want kawaii catgirl soldiers to beat off to and the name felinid means cat-like. Nothing more to it.
>>
File: 1492674866285l.png (119KB, 402x564px) Image search: [Google]
1492674866285l.png
119KB, 402x564px
>>53028869
>You see it in fanart because nerds want kawaii catgirl soldiers to beat off to and the name felinid means cat-like. Nothing more to it.
>>
>>53028813
Also I didn't say there wasn't IG on the planet just that felinids aren't IG. If they are restricted to their world they may be auxiliaries in a PDF but by definition they cannot be IG if they cannot travel off world.
>>
>>53028813
>Why do you say with confidence there is no IG present on the world when it is in the imperium? Am I missing something?

You are missing that the Imperium confines all the felinids to their homeworld. None are every allowed to leave, so none of them can ever be in the guard.

Now, if there are humans on that planet, they could join the guard if it's an Imperium planet. Ad-mech forces if it's an ad-mech planet.

If it's a planet owned by a SM chapter, then there might be no IG. Just the chapter recruiting from the humans.
>>
>>53028757
Wow, I'm surprised it took you this long.
>>
So you tell me there are units, maybe even entire regiments, composed entirely of catgirls?
What do these catgirls do better than normal humans? I mean, ogryns are great at CC, ratlings are superb snipers, what do catgirls do?

>>53028281
>hate mutants, even sanctioned ones and the Emperor's own
>ally with a supermutant to kill them
It would be like allying with Stalin because you really hate communists.
>>
File: Autism Meter.gif (128KB, 728x426px) Image search: [Google]
Autism Meter.gif
128KB, 728x426px
>>53028822

See: pic.

It's one of life's more bitter ironies that RPGs grew popular in that segment of the population least able to appreciate the subtlety of good storytelling.
>>
>>53028757
>homo sapien hirsutis
Wait.... so their scientific name is literally "Hairy Wise Man"?
>>
>>53028904
>>53028934
Raising question since this is interesting to have some great lore hounds in the thread, but how did Ogryns get into the IG then or is it the same where they are serving in an auxillary capacity similar to what could be done with the felinid peoples?
>>
>>53029088
Correct. Though hirsute implies covered in hair not just hairy.
>>
>>53029136
humnans are technically covered in hair though also to differing extents so the level of fur on a Felinid is open to speculation and still could leave them looking human with only some cat like characteristics such as teeth, ears, etc...

Space wolves have the same genetic drift except theirs are more wolf like due to the scientific underlying nature of their development.
>>
>>53028060
Space Marines always look pissed when their helmets are on. It's intentional.
>>
>>53029119

Felinids exist only on one planet and their abilities are canonically unknown (because literally everything other than the single line in the big book is furry fetish shit fannon), Ogryns are a common form of abhuman and have been in the world for 30 years.
>>
>>53029119
They are not exclusive to a single world for starters. That and were found to be exceptionally useful to the Imperial Army with genetic divergence being in size and intellect.

Felinids have only been found on a single world and may be divergent enough to be borderline mutants and/or have no traits or skills that make them valuable beyond canon fodder. The Imperium doesn't want to spread them and they probably don't have numbers enough to conscript in any useful amount.
>>
>>53028214
>the emperor is alive right now and is a weeb browsing 4chan
>thousands of years later he makes catgirls
>send his beloved creations to an outer rim world where they can be safe
>>
>>53028734
Where do you read that?
>>
>>53029188
Technically means nothing. Hirsute as is used means to be covered in an abnormal amount of hair. If their defining traits were cat like they would have been called homo sapien felixis but they are not. Only their common name implies anything to do with cats.
>>
>>53028214

More likely they just collected the cast and crew from all the touring companies of Cats onto an Ark and shot it off at random, Golgafrincham-style.
>>
>>53028116
GW just gives two lines. That there's an abhuman race called Felinids and that they're native to and only found on Carlos McConnell and so are not allowed to leave (presumably so that their abhuman genes don't spread).
>>
>>53028047
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUuvHPr4BGk
>>
Ok here's a better question for you all, abhumans are most likely created by the human population altering their genes to survive the planet that they have ended up in as tens of thousands of years is not enough time for evolution to result in such drastic variances like Ogryns or Ratlings. With that in mind, what kind of fucked up planet is Carlos Mconnell that you have become a cat to survive?
>>
>>53029333
If this is the case then why aren't they considered beastmen? It makes far more sense for Felinids to merely have a few catlike features, especially as they are considered abhumans and not mutants.
>>53029085
Assuming that there is I would say that they would definitely possess superior hearing compared to regular humans, probably have night vision of some sort, and are likely stealthier than normal. However, I'd say that them being in the imperial guard is highly unlikely because they only live on a single world and their population is limited as a result.
>>
>>53029119
Ogryns were useful. So the Imperium didn't confine them to a single planet. Instead, they were allowed to serve.

They are probably an exception, not the rule.
>>
>>53029506
It also mentions there's like, 50 fucking billions variants of Ogyrn. So it's just as likely I think, that they popped up everywhere and the Imperium decided that they were too widespread bothering to contain.
>>
File: 800px-Felinid.png (192KB, 800x415px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Felinid.png
192KB, 800x415px
>>53029424

this should have been posted sooner
>>
File: tumblr_ogcw1dvJUw1r9y4r9o3_1280.jpg (142KB, 763x868px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogcw1dvJUw1r9y4r9o3_1280.jpg
142KB, 763x868px
>>53029457
Al lot of it is weird shit left over from the Dark Age of Technology. Who knows?, maybe some pervert had a pleasure planet of catgirls/boys and when he kicked the bucket/left/whatever the kitties all went native.
>>
>>53029333
Okay, I'm gonna have to shoot you down here. Most of the time with humans describing groups as "hirsute" is a VAST overstatement, case in point the Ainu, and the Imperium is known to be rife with pseudoscientific conjecture, hearsay, and outright propaganda. You can't put too much stock in Imperial "science" because, at least from our perspective, it barely even counts as science. This is also more than thirty thousand years from now, and languages change over time: like in the Great Vowel Shift for example.

Point is we have no goddamn idea what any of this means "in canon" or in the writers' heads and anyone who tells you their view is somehow superior is full of shit.
>>
File: Evolution_of_Cat.jpg (442KB, 1169x500px) Image search: [Google]
Evolution_of_Cat.jpg
442KB, 1169x500px
>>53028422
Let's hope that their population never grows enough to allow them to create the Warp god of vanity
>>
Aren't they confined to their planet?
>>
>>53029470
Because beastmen (homo sapien variatis) are characterized by beastial features that range from individual to individual. They are not consistent to a specific feature in breading beyond beastial traits ie one has goat horns and a lion like muzzle but their offspring has avian features.

Abhumans qualify on two major points:
>not significantly divergent from the human form
>breed true
This is what separates from simple mutants with abhumans like beastmen barely qualifying and more often than not just purged as mutants on most worlds they appear on.
>>
>>53029457
Lets see:

- Fur: The planet is cold.
- Ears: Something on the planet that doesn't make much noise that the colonists really wanted to keep track of. Maybe the food source consisted of hunting things living under the snow. Maybe a predator. Maybe a warning about if the ice is about to break.
- Eyes: Low light levels.
- Tail: Narrow paths along cliffs means the colonists needed some help keeping their balance.

So lots of mountain ranges.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Highlands
>The area is very sparsely populated, with many mountain ranges dominating the region, and includes the highest mountain in the British Isles,
>>
File: amalia ooooooh.png (282KB, 500x518px) Image search: [Google]
amalia ooooooh.png
282KB, 500x518px
>>53029588
is dat some red dwarf?
>>
>>53029590
Yeah. But of all the pieces of 40k canon for people to get bitchy about and fight over, it's gotta be one of the most inane.
>>
>>53029590
"Restricted", with no further details of what that actually means. Maybe that means a full quarantine, maybe that means they're not allowed to colonize, maybe it means their "natural habitat" is "restricted", maybe they owe a tithe, maybe they don't.

Again, literally ANY details anyone tells you are made up.
>>
>>53029693
Well it actually says "Endemic and restricted". Endemic meaning that something is native or naturally restricted to a certain area. So it's save to assume they're not allowed to leave, otherwise "Endemic and restricted" is redundant.
>>
>>53029573
Being that the other dominant abhuman taxonomy doesn't leave guesswork (minimus for ratlings, giganticus for ogryn, rotundus for squats) imperial science seems pretty concise with their names. Hirsute when referencing humans is different than it being used in taxonomy. If it isn't anything major than why is it a defining aspect in their name? Abhumans must diverge enough to be considered a stable mutation of the human genome, a subspecies. Minor differences like native cadian eye color being purple or soot black nocturne skin color or someone just being a hairy guy don't qualify.

Felinds probably have some feline features, propably vertical pupils or exaggerated canines, but the defining characteristic if we go by taxonomy is body hair above and beyond the human norm.
>>
>>53028047
>Their
You mean "They're".
>>
>>53029716
Endemic means native and localized to. It does not necessarily mean restricted to, especially when the "restriction" to the species in question is politically-enforced.

Again, for what feels like the millionth time, any other details someone offers you on this one are pure conjecture based on a few scraps of vaguely-worded nonsense.
>>
>>53029542
>>53029424
Those felinids are my headcanon. Not goddamn catgirls, but literal half-cat, half-human... things.
>>
>>53028145
>also wondering if this is the product possibly of our beloved Matt Ward and will we get a line of cat girl miniatures to bring them to the table?

I have some cool spacecatgirl minis, but I don't remember where I got them.
>>
>>53028775
DIGGAKNOBS!
>>
>>53029625
True, but the difference seems arbitrary if they are basically beastmen with consistent offspring that look similar to the parents. However, that might be why their entry in the codex is so short.
>>
>>53028281
>the Space marines are technically mutants
Is their DNA fundamentally different than a baseline human's, or is it just the geneseed and all the extra organs stuffed inside them?

I mean, if you took a tissue sample from a Space Marine and made a clone and it wasn't 40k so the clone would actually be a viable human being wouldn't it just be a regular dude that had similar facial features to the donor?
>>
>>53029747
I know it's asking a lot of you, but please try to realize that there is no single valid interpretation of something for which there are no actual details presented and no statements regarding the intent of the passage in question?

You have your headcanon. That's fine. It's not superior to anyone else's. Deal with it, nerd.
>>
>>53029884

to be fair he actually is making a reasonable argument for why his headcannon is likely correct..
>>
>>53028757
>They aren't even allowed to leave planet.
That's not what the word "restricted" means in that context.
>>
>>53029864
They are mutated in a controlled fashion so I'm sure that unless you are a mad and immoral genius, you wouldn't be able to grow a space marine in a vat.
>>
I vaguely remember reading some writefaggotry about a commissar and his retired regiment of felinids fucking over some Tau somewhere. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Maybe help a brother find it again?
>>
>>53029917
>They are mutated in a controlled fashion so I'm sure that unless you are a mad and immoral genius, you wouldn't be able to grow a space marine in a vat.
No, I'm saying that Spaz Mureenz aren't technically mutants, because you could make a clone of one and it wouldn't be a Spaz Mureen. It would be a regular human, because they have regular human DNA with a bunch of other junk shoved in afterward.
>>
>>53029861
You're making the assumption than the animal features in felines are significant enough to warrant them being called beastmen.
>>
>>53028047
if this is a ratling why would felinids look like catgirls?
>>
>>53029884
I'm not claiming superiority here, just arguing with the information given in abhuman lore with the feline description at face value. You are the one who is trying to say that what is written is not what they mean. That's fine. I'm just sticking with what is given until evidence is provided otherwise.
>>
>>53028223
False, Abhumans are sanctioned breeds of human, and are not mutants. In the Imperium, mutant is classifed as someone who suddenly sprouted a third arm or eye from Chaos influence or just really, really, really hazardous areas. Or genestealer cults.
>>
>>53029913
No, he's really not. The Imperials are using 40,000 year-old Latin based on a cult of pseudo-science. They can't even remember how half the shit they have is actually supposed to work, and you expect them to be accurately and consistently naming subspecies based on accurate medical knowledge? It doesn't even account for the fact that a lot of scientific names are fanciful or even outright jokes.

The only "reasonable" stance here is to not even make an argument for your headcanon and just accept that we don't fucking know.
>>
>>53029085
>It would be like allying with Stalin because you really hate communists.
Why not? Stalin killed a lot of Communists himself, so helping him would be productive.
>>
>>53029955
Why else would their common name be Felinids? If they are merely very hairy people then why would they be considered abhumans or be restricted to only one world?
>>
>>53030064
Because they may have some animal traits like vertical pupils or tabby fur patterns. Beastmen have overt animal features like the head of a goat, hooves, or even scales.
>>
>>53030016
See >>53030061
You should never take anything about 40k science at face value, because sometimes what you've been given is inconsistent or the product of unreliable narration.

There's an abhuman strain that may or may not be furry and/or feline in some combination. That's literally all you can take from the single canon mention of them. It's a throwaway line.
>>
>>53030064
They also may be Chewbacca levels of hairy. That would easily be divergent enough to be abhuman.
>>
>>53029800
Something like that would be classified as a mutant to be purged.
>>
>>53030160
Slitted pupils occur in lots of animals. There's nothing inherently feline about them.
>>
>>53030215
That's all I'm saying though. They are probably extremely hairy with some feline characteristics based just on the description nothing more. If anything its the catgirl people that are going way out of left field with this.
>>
>>53029457
I want to say wide open savannas or plains so they have to use some freakish cat speed to chase shit down with the occasional forest for climbing, leaping and scratching.
>>
>>53030260
And so are large canines, tails, paws, and pointed ears. It's a common name. Some guys started calling them felinids maybe just because they groom themselves with their tounges, like dozens of other animals. The only trait that is feline exclusive is purring and not all felines can even do that.
>>
>>53030274
What I'm saying is that your idea has no more or less merit than anyone else's, because it still relies on either an Imperial scientist or a Games Workshop writer meaning what you think they mean with a single word in a throwaway passage. I don't understand why that seems like such a difficult concept for you to grasp.
>>
File: IMG_0491.png (145KB, 510x341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0491.png
145KB, 510x341px
>>53028047
Heeeeeeello
>>
File: 1493138888386.png (171KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493138888386.png
171KB, 400x400px
Where do you guys think Carlos McConnell is actually located? I personally like to think it's in the Laanath Rifts.
>>
>>53030351
It's not difficult to grasp. But the point of this thread is discussing them. If we just flat ignore any and all context they give us they may as well be one eyed frog men.
>>
File: Heresy.gif (67KB, 223x199px) Image search: [Google]
Heresy.gif
67KB, 223x199px
>>53028281
>Emperor's grandsons
>foul mutants
The heresy in this post nearly gave me an anyrism.
>>
>>53030160
That would make them count as catgirls or at least something very similar.
>>53030230
Then why would they be called Felinids instead of something else that makes more sense?
>>53031505
The whole point of this thread is to analyze the information given and debate its meaning, one eyed frogmen don't fit with what we have been given.
>>
>>53030748
>>53028154
Yey.
>>
File: 1479886115617.jpg (15KB, 170x179px) Image search: [Google]
1479886115617.jpg
15KB, 170x179px
It appears that the listing indicates the planet is "Restricted" this may be eluding to some kind of edict perhaps regarding the planet not be disturbed if there is the possibility of the presence of a primarch that we have not been made aware of yet due to it being a closely guarded secret under decree by the Emperor of Mankind?
>>
>>53029747
>Felinds probably have some feline features, propably vertical pupils or exaggerated canines, but the defining characteristic if we go by taxonomy is body hair above and beyond the human norm.

Im unsure as to the level of body hair, take others such as ratlings that dont have a demonstrable level of hair like a rat or the space wolves whose bodies dont appear to be covered in fur like their more wolf like cousins on Fenris.

Could see there being a race with cat ears and canines, but to remain mostly human I would imagine any changes beyond a few topical cosmetic ones would change them to less human instead of more human as the title would indicate.
>>
File: 1378722024387.gif (1021KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1378722024387.gif
1021KB, 250x333px
>>53032492
>Primarch
>On Felinid planet
>Leman Russ 2.0
>>
File: faggotville.jpg (83KB, 497x427px) Image search: [Google]
faggotville.jpg
83KB, 497x427px
Reminder that if felinids were furfaggotry they'd be called beastmen.
>>
>>53030230
>They also may be Chewbacca levels of hairy. That would easily be divergent enough to be abhuman.
Having a schism that large I think would remove them from the category of being abhuman do to the alteration being so large and having a larger effect on the genetic level. None of the other abhuman species seem to exhibit such large swings in their variation producing such a result.

Going with current lore and changes in human physiology an abhuman may have some characteristics but would be cosmetic only and still mostly human in nature it seems looking at the other abhumans in the WH40k universe.
>>
>>53032635
>beastmen
wouldnt they just make a race of beastmen if that was the case not some half assed approach still making them mostly human?

I think if their going full beast it would def say it and they would def mention it.

>>53032568
>Leman Russ 2.0
Thats what I am proposing as a possibility, maybe it was for a story arc that either is still in the works or may have been scrapped since the listing is complete with a name for the planet and other details without giving away too much like any other story.
>>
>>53028739
>>53028751
>only caring about catcatgirls
>not liking superior catboys
Shitty taste/10
>>
>>53032697
Beastmen exist in 40k already, that what he's referring to.

also,
>1 line buried in a codex
>its a story ark for a hidden primarch!

are you really this stupid or just trolling?
>>
>>53029542

HHHHHELLO
>>
You know, how about instead of debating the minutiae of abhuman categorization we develop some lore for the kitty people and their world?
>>
>>53032814
>are you really this stupid or just trolling?
When it comes to GW I never under estimate their love of retconning or using the word "secret" to create new plot devices to be honest so I dont know who is trolling who anymore.
>>
>>53032874
>You know, how about instead of debating the minutiae of abhuman categorization we develop some lore for the kitty people and their world?
Any lore would likely be beneficial to focus around their development since as a species their different than humans but still human thus emphasizing the connection to a race that would be related on a genetic level.
>>
>>53032874
How about we say that they were the result of this >>53028717
>>
>>53028717
The FW book says they aren't wolves. They're genetically engineered wolflike creatures, wolves being long extinct. The world was probably engineered to be a death world because it makes no sense.

They probably are not people. That was always headcanon.
>>
File: Beastmen.jpg (42KB, 363x317px) Image search: [Google]
Beastmen.jpg
42KB, 363x317px
>>53028757
>as that would be to far of a genetic deviation to qualify as abhuman
Do these new guys not remember when beastmen were part of the Imperial Guard?

There have always been furries in the guard. If this race is a bunch of catgirls or even less furry than beastmen furries like the OP, then they'd fit in fine.
>>
>>53032874
That is going to go magical realm incredibly fast
>>
>>53032925
>>53033007
So, genetically modified humans that were bred to survive in a world that was hostile to normal human development. I kinda like >>53029636 rationalizing it as a world that's kinda frigid, so making them have some additional hair to help keep homeostasis sounds like a good addition. Building off of that, it would be kinda nice to have their planet be centered around ice, with things ranging from Arctic tundras to taiga forests. In order to keep from being found out by the more hardy creatures already on their planet, they could have heightened senses of hearing and sight, dipping into infrared vision. How does it sound so far?
>>
>>53033104
40k beastmen are literally heresy though. They're only allowed to serve because they atone for their natural-borne heresy by way of suicidal devotion to the emprah.
>>
>>53033104
>Do these new guys not remember when beastmen were part of the Imperial Guard?
i must have missed that edition, is that still canon in universe or was it removed like the SOB?
>>
>>53033238
It wasn't removed, they just don't mention them. Seventh edition had one instance pop up iirc.

>>53033237
Yet they still serve, and are considered abhumans. The OP is a lot less inhuman than that guy, and thus there's little reason they wouldn't be recruited into the guard and treated as abhumans if they look like that.
>>
>>53033104
are those masks since in what way would a creature with the head of an animal come into existence naturally as is being speculated with the Felinid people?

Just wondering since it seems from the description to our knowledge there is no mention of geneticists at work on the world leaving it open as some say to discussion that it may have been action taken under direct purview of the Emperor himself which may be part of his return in the next edition possibly as his front line warriors free of the meddling of the imperium and the taint of chaos?
>>
>>53033266
>It wasn't removed, they just don't mention them.
wouldnt this infer that in fact beastmen are still in fact part of the IG then? Seems a far cry from the Ogryn due to their visible difference on a species level making them barely human at all though the degree used to determine this in the imperium is not something I have yet seen posted to confirm or deny that.
>>
>>53033230
Let's toss in a nod to the other felinid stuff we worked on before and have it be spearheaded by the nutter the planet was named after.
>>
>>53033272
It's scifi senpai.
>>
>>53033296
It implies that they don't want to talk about them, same as Squats and SoBs and all sorts of other things. It doesn't imply anything about the setting itself.
>>
File: mercenary-117031.jpg (10KB, 190x263px) Image search: [Google]
mercenary-117031.jpg
10KB, 190x263px
>>53032814

>lost primarch was born on Carlos McConnell
>emperor finds him and decided that the skills this one has acquired is too valuable to be killed outright
>besides, still human in the most basic way: two arms, two legs, two eyes and so on. Just fuzzier and has a weird nose.
>great crusades ensue, then heresy.
>fuzzy primarch goes off on his own after some tzeench shit happens and his legion is absorbed into the ultramarines.
>goes off on a journey on some obscure planet to find some powerful thing to both help the imperium and to turn into a human with the help of a witch who won't leave him alone.
>>
>>53033301
I'm not sure of that. I mean, it was funny when it was happening, but actually letting that silliness in seems a bit much.
>>
>same as Squats
squats were effen great, their vanishing lately has left me saddened since I have many a squat for TG gaming.
>>
>>53033336
GW hates fun. This is known.
>>
File: 1490682886262.png (221KB, 557x699px) Image search: [Google]
1490682886262.png
221KB, 557x699px
>>53028047
Call me back when you've got actual playable catgirls and not just a fringe fluff reference.
>>
>>53033329
Doesn't have to be much. Just a nod to it. A place like this would really only be feasible under a rogue trader, anyway.
>>
>>53033327
>>its a story ark for a hidden primarch!
seeing as the lengths that GW is going to keep this under wraps I would not be surprised if there was going to be an unveiling of a new primarch since following ultramar its that or the emperor dies or rises again depending how you look at it.

The only way to delay that would be some sudden infusion from other universe altering mechanics, with Chaos on the rise throughout the galaxy perhaps it would see the rise of this group as the new frontline of defense against the impending threat itself.
>>
>>53032814
>>its a story ark for a hidden primarch!
One Primarch was raised by Eldar.

The other one is Sigmar.
>>
>>53032636
>Scalies are massive reptilian mutants almost as broad as they are tall. Their durability and strength are legendary among the people of the Underhive and have a fearsome reputation. Like some reptiles they have the ability to regenerate lost limbs and their thick skin acts as a natural armour.
>Abhumans
>>
File: Pre_heresy_lion_el_johnson.jpg (93KB, 388x776px) Image search: [Google]
Pre_heresy_lion_el_johnson.jpg
93KB, 388x776px
>>53032568
>>53032492
So its Lion?
>>
File: 1479886023073.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1479886023073.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
>>53033424
dam thats pretty epic, surprised they didnt run with this more at GW. Maybe its just me but if they were going to do something with beastmen maybe it got cancelled? I mean anyone else notice everything at GW last few years is all ultramarines leaving the beastman IG and the cat girl race behind as forgotten footnotes?
>>
>>53032636
The consideration of abhuman vs. mutant isn't how human they still are. It's how STABLE they are. If they breed true and aren't too much more prone to mutating than a regular human, then they're abhumans. If they don't breed true and are likely to grow a third testicle on their nose randomly and the like, then they're mutants.

Scalies, mentioned in >>53033424 , are abhumans kinda on the line because they mutate a bit too often to be tolerated. It's expected that their genes would eventually settle down and they'd be completely stable enough. Don't know if the imperium would bother using them at that point.
>>
>>53033453
Having Lion El Johnson be the lost Primarch on the planet Carlos McConnell is a valid point worth exploring, though it is noted that he was last seen lost to the warp.

Without a legion to head if that is the case having found sanctuary on the planet may have allowed him to breed a fighting race of humanoid combatants with cat like reflexes and certain perks giving them more marketability from GW perspective due to the stat bonuses which would be attractive to the community.
>>
>>53033478
>Don't know if the imperium would bother using them at that point.
So kind of like the thunder strikers they could be wiped out though we lack the lore to confirm that is the case sadly from GW perhaps from some type of great lizard uprising? might make for a good standalone card battle or board game?
>>
>>53029953
I don't think this is true, but I would be interested if you had sources indicating that it is the case.
>>
>>53032568
Leman Puss?
>>
>>53032492
>>53032568
>>53033453

The planet was named after a guy who won a contest to name a planet and describe who lived on it in the late 90's or early 00's. He named the Planet after himself and said catgirls lived on it.
>>
>>53033741
Sauce?
>>
>>53029588
Nah.
If they did, it'd be like Cassandra.
The most unspeakably perfect beauty in creation.
Themselves.
All it'd do is sit around all day and occasionally demand fish.
>>
>>53033760
His loose, prolapsed rectum.
>>
>>53033741
is this true?
>>
File: IMG_2497.jpg (225KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2497.jpg
225KB, 945x945px
>>53028281
I've been trained all my life to serve the Emperor on the field of battle. My Only home my Trench, My only Companions ship my lasgun. I find my self out of place when not on the battle field. Like fish out of water, I am unadapted and unprepared for such an enivornment, for all I know is war.

And yet, Even I can tell that what you just said is fucking stupid! I mean Holy Throne of Terra, The Emperor's Holy Angels are Heretical, are you retarded!? What is your major Malfunction!?
>>
File: 1492674866285z1.png (38KB, 318x472px) Image search: [Google]
1492674866285z1.png
38KB, 318x472px
>>53034037
stay true to the light guardsman for that is where the Emperor shall be your eternal liege.

Those holy Angels at their core appear to be corrupted making due to genetic alterations making them mere shadows of their former selves. Still prone to the allure of chaos though more dangerous than their human brethren making them a worthy warrior to fight in the steed of The Emperor of Mankind until their usefulness has reached its end much like the thunder strikers before them.
>>
>>53033913
Yes.
By the way, can I interest you in a bridge?
>>
File: e6d4ee32f3af5c0f99fee9b068b44691.jpg (161KB, 731x1080px) Image search: [Google]
e6d4ee32f3af5c0f99fee9b068b44691.jpg
161KB, 731x1080px
>>53033760
Late '90s Early '00s issue of White Dwarf. Its been nearly 20 years since the Felids and Carlos McConnell were added to 40k.

>>53033913
Yes. Its why the planet has a person's name and why it only gets a 1 or 2 line blurb whenever it gets brought up.

GW ran a contest and got semi-trolled by a fan of Masamune Shirow.
>>
>>53034279
oh you...
>>
>>53033518
So, a bunch of cat people on a planet settled by a rogue trader is where Lion's been stuck this whole time, pushing their already altered physiology further to make a better version of the Wulfen and use them as a weapon against the enemies of the Imperium, from daemons to low morale?
>>
>>53034291
>>53034279
>GW ran a contest and got semi-trolled by a fan of Masamune Shirow.
bu-but this person says you are incorrect that there was a contest can you provide any proof of such an event?
>>
>>53034339
>is where Lion's been stuck this whole time, pushing their already altered physiology further to make a better version of the Wulfen and use them as a weapon against the enemies of the Imperium
it would make sense to have a race incorporated into a pre existing or a hidden primarch to increase their visibility on the spectrum of choices players have when fielding an army. Given the inherent stat bonuses of having cat like reflexes due to being a feline like race it would stand to reason they would be an attractive choice to many new players as well as current players looking to expand their armies without going into a radically different direction with another race entirely since their abhuman.
>>
>>53034383
In that case, I can see that working for bringing in Felinids to the fore. I think the suggestion of putting them into the Laanath Rifts makes for a good choice, then.
>>
>>53034457
I am biased on this matter, but I support that being where Carlos McDonnell is.
>>
>>53034457
>In that case, I can see that working for bringing in Felinids to the fore
There is likely a high degree marektability given that the Space Wolves would trend higher among people who own dogs since their wolf like in appearance due to their genetic origins with animal cross breeding. Whereas the cat girl would lend itself to the polar opposite of people who have cats as pets much as chaos but not the extent of needing to jump ship on the Emperor of mankind.
>>
>>53034514
>I am biased on this matter, but I support that being where Carlos McDonnell is.
>>53034457
Can we perhaps email or is there a support line for lore at GW where we could at least inquire into the planets location via the use of the astronomicon without requiring actual details about the species present on the planet itself?

It just strikes me as odd that GW is leaving this HUGE Question Mark out there completely subjectively left to the collective fans to interpret when literally everything else is hammered down to the smallest detail.
>>
File: slutcatofapproval.png (85KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
slutcatofapproval.png
85KB, 1000x1000px
>>53034518
Loyal Imperial catgirls for the new psuedo-legion of a primarch is sounding like something I could get behind buying.
>>
>>53034673
>>53034518
This would imply that GW creates story arcs in order to generate revenue from sales for the game itself. While not unlikely, the creation of a race of cat girls coming into existence due to an already existing primarch hidden or not does allow for a bit more variation in the Imperium of man for players wanting a different race but not wanting to go full Chaos or Xeno.

A unique faction such as this would definitely be of interest to many consumers of GW content who are collectors and dont engage in gameplay at all possibly due to them being a possible limited run much like the line of SOB miniatures were.
>>
>>53034737

....They still sell Sisters you dumb cunt, I bought an Immolator just last week. They have rules, the models are on sale on the webstore, they aren't fucking gone. What is your malfunction?
>>
File: 023 - CSkcEIt.jpg (102KB, 633x931px) Image search: [Google]
023 - CSkcEIt.jpg
102KB, 633x931px
>>53028281
Sure (((Sister of battle))), you're totally not a heretic spy
>>
>>53034771
Are you sure there still being produced?
10 of them are 120$
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Retributor-Squad

Yet 10 space marines are only 50$
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Space-Marine-Tactical-Squad-2015

This price is what led me to believe these are coveted leftovers not being produced but still sold. Is that what is causing the HUGE price discrepancy?
>>
>>53028245
>space wolves are half wolf half human.
That's not even close to correct.
Yes the SW are absurdly wolf themed and have ever increasing amounts of lycinic mutations but there is in fact 0% wolf DNA in them. They're just space marines with a bunch of very obvious mutations to their geneseed.
Personally I like to pretend things like the wolfen don't exist. It makes me less sad.
>>
>>53034820
why wouldnt you want to at least entertain the choice of playing a chapter of werewolves ready to skin their enemies? seems pretty badass and as close to chaos in that department without going full heretic possible in the imperium.
>>
What is the situation of the Felinids? Are they restricted to their planet, isn't allowed to leave and have no contact with the Imperium at all? Or is it all for speculation?
If they ever became playable, where would they fit in? Would they be part of the Imperial Guard or could it extend from there given that they could possibly have certain perks that only they themselves possess?
>>
>>53034816

Metal vs plastic for one thing. Supply and demand also plays a role. If they aren't in production then GW hasn't said anything about it.
>>
File: It took me a second.jpg (72KB, 300x748px) Image search: [Google]
It took me a second.jpg
72KB, 300x748px
>>53028281
> Decrying the hallowed creations of the God Emperor himself as mutants.
Hold still while I purge you, heretic.
>>
File: Evil Laughter.jpg (60KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
Evil Laughter.jpg
60KB, 500x330px
>>53029651
Ye.
>>
>>53034841
>Would they be part of the Imperial Guard or could it extend from there given that they could possibly have certain perks that only they themselves possess?
Ive been wondering this same thing, perhaps a useful trait would be some sort of psycher detection system inherent to them much like how cats have whiskers to feel around their environment making them quite competitive without being OP in many types of tabletop skirmishes.

>>53034842
>If they aren't in production then GW hasn't said anything about it.
I think and I say think because who knows with things of this nature at GW but the page says preorder available for that specific set which means they dont even currently exist. Did hear some scuttlebutt somewhere that they are more expensive due to the detail involved in them. But I dont see why that wouldnt be easily fixable by just making them with less detail.
>>
File: Emperor-Chan.jpg (98KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor-Chan.jpg
98KB, 720x480px
>>53034836
Because I remember of a time when the SW had more going on than wolveswolveswolveswolveswolves.
And while 'a chapter of werewolves ready to ripandtear' is a neat idea to throw out it's just one note. There needs to be more than that one dimension.
>as close to chaos in that department without going full heretic possible in the imperium.
Now friend, let me tell you about radical inquisitors. They're pretty fucking radical, ya see. By which I mean they are known to make demonhosts.
>>
File: 1492674866285n.jpg (119KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1492674866285n.jpg
119KB, 750x1000px
>>53034853
>> Decrying the hallowed creations of the God Emperor himself as mutants.
>Hold still while I purge you, heretic.

Space Marines inherently are no longer human by any extant that could be used to measure their humanity. Devoid of self, they are left prone to the denizens of the warp as food for chaos spawn thus increasing their danger to the imperium of man.

The purity of their human form so corrupted through genetic modification they can hardly be called human at all anymore given none of the traits they exhibit are possible through any form of normal genetic variation unlike the purity engendered in the glory of the Custodes.

The nobility of the Space Marines has never been a question in their unwavering loyalty to the Emperor. On the same hand it is that impurity of self which leaves them open to unwavering loyalty of chaos by the same token and why the time will come for their extermination from their tortured lives finding the peace they deserve in the burning fires of retribution. For our heros of the past it is the only honor fitting to bestow upon them without letting their legacy ever come into question.

SOB
>>
>>53034936
>Now friend, let me tell you about radical inquisitors. They're pretty fucking radical, ya see. By which I mean they are known to make demonhosts.
You must be speaking of the Xanthites I take it? Their radical in their approach to dealing with chaos but not in their utilization of what knowledge has been gleamed in those endeavors.

>And while 'a chapter of werewolves ready to ripandtear' is a neat idea to throw out it's just one note. There needs to be more than that one dimension.
I dunno, it seems like a good note. I mean its a unique identifier which many chapters have in their own way like the Blood Angels drink blood right? It would be nice to see more rules though expanding on the lore of their wolven geneseed such as stat bonuses during full moons, nothing OP just something for a saving role maybe would make sense and enhance the lore around them.

Def not one note though of all the legions their the ones that like a pack of wolves kind of do their own thing within the imperium which is unlike the other chapters in the Astartes right?
>>
>>53034885
So Felinids should be Chaos-detecting mousers, then?
>>
File: pilate.jpg (39KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
pilate.jpg
39KB, 460x288px
>>53028604
I have a vewy good fwiend named Fatidicus! I don't appweciate youw tone, guawd!
>>
>>53036194
>So Felinids should be Chaos-detecting mousers, then?
It would be within the realm of possibility which would allow them to remain mostly human and avoid the psycher fears if they do not have that ability but the ability to detect them much like how its been proven cats in real life can detect ghosts or other supernatural phenomena which is why their tied to mythology and gypsies who use them in their occult practices due to how cats have more imbued traits magically than other familiars.
>>
>>53032866
Not the face!
>>
>>53029958
Ratlings are hobbit proxies, like squats were dwarves and eldar elves. Makes sense space cat people were a thing too.
>>
File: 1385829856498.gif (896KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1385829856498.gif
896KB, 500x750px
>>53037564
>Lion embraces his inner Russ and makes catgirls capable of duking it out with the forces of Chaos
>The ones that he doesn't take with him get snatched up by other factions within the Imperium
>Felinids are turned into warp-shenanigan sniffing commodities, kept on a tight leash for their abhuman attributes by those who're willing to use them as tools

Even the catgirls can't escape the grimdark.
>>
>>53037682
>>Lion embraces his inner Russ and makes catgirls capable of duking it out with the forces of Chaos
Given that lately GW has created factions with faction specific characteristics such as the sisters of silence that are atheists or like blank slates since they came into being during the reign of the Emperor to be warp Nulls in effect. It wouldnt be far off that a race of catgirls as abhumans would have an ability to detect psychers which shouldnt affect gameplay too much and not allow them to be OP but could possibly affect initial deployments? This would be due to their inherent cat like traits not visible traits such as whiskers which would be difficult to render on a small model but instead maybe through their sixth senses due to the enhanced characteristics created from the presence of Lion el Johnson?
>>
>>53037682
It's WH40K. It sucks for everyone present.

If anything, it makes camaradery and heroism stand out better.
>>
>>53034291
>>53037682
>urge to fluff the Puma twins as part of an Inquisitor's retinue rising
Hey, boy.
>>
>implying catgirls weren't made by the emperor because he has a catgirl fetish
>people get this triggered from this line of thought.
>>
>>53037730

That's... that's not how Sisters of Silence work at all.
>>
>>53029855
M'lord I dont see what ork cosplayers has to do with...
>>
The fluff for felinids mentions that they are endemic to one planet. For those with a small vocabulary, that indicates that they are found on that planet, and that planet only. It would also imply that their use as anything within the Imperial war machine is unlikely (not even Catachans are endemic to Catachan, what with all the regiments all over the fucking galaxy).

Magical realm furries need to learn to let shit go.
>>
>Brits make a British joke or reference British pop-culture.
>Non-Brits completely miss the point.

When has it not been like this in 40k?
>>
>>53042395
Why must you hate fun?
>>
>>53042395
>not even Catachans are endemic to Catachan

But they are? Have you ever heard of a Catachan that didn't come from Catachan?
>>
File: 1490813567199.jpg (220KB, 499x468px) Image search: [Google]
1490813567199.jpg
220KB, 499x468px
>>53037730
> sisters of silence that are atheists

This nigga serious?
Even the big E knew there were beings from another realm that could be considered gods. He just was such a turbo fedora he wouldn't allow open worship.
>>
>>53037494
*snicker*
>>
>>53042734
because people won't stop liking what I don't like
>>
File: spanc.jpg (70KB, 179x323px) Image search: [Google]
spanc.jpg
70KB, 179x323px
>>53028047
What about space pirate amazon ninja catgirls? I think they would fit 40k universe just as well as any marine.
>>
>>53028757
>wookiee noises
>>
>>53043504
Burn.
>>
File: 1491969306398.gif (3MB, 506x290px) Image search: [Google]
1491969306398.gif
3MB, 506x290px
>>53045480
That's a good start...
>>
>>53048793
Felinids are not for bully.
>>
File: Felinids.jpg (148KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Felinids.jpg
148KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: 1492674866285w.png (236KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1492674866285w.png
236KB, 900x900px
>>53043397
>This nigga serious?
>Even the big E knew there were beings from another realm that could be considered gods. He just was such a turbo fedora he wouldn't allow open worship.

I believe lore wise it was more a point that the Emperor did not wish to be worshipped as a god, which this specific order took to heart following in the wisdom of his words to facilitate the cleansing of all those who befoul the purity of human civilization which would include all mutants who dwell on the far side of abhuman. Those who serve the emperor loyally are and will always be the heroes the imperium needed, but they are not what humanity needs to survive.

SOB
>>
>>53038792
>>implying catgirls weren't made by the emperor because he has a catgirl fetish
Heretic... I do not think for any instant the Emperor would set out deliberately to create mutants, however consider the Salamanders or for that matter the Space Wolves who are half wolf.

It is only logical that with those races being allowed to develop as they did it is all part of the Emperors plan which is beyond the understanding of any of us humble and loyal servants.

Should as many theorize based on facts we know, that a hidden primarch or Lion El Johnson himself came to be on this planet it may be not only the reason for its restricted designation but would also give rise to a race of cat girls who are not only loyal to the imperium, but willing to die for it much like other mutants such as ratlings, squats, ogryn, space marines, or beastmen.
>>
File: IQ_Neko.png (61KB, 433x696px) Image search: [Google]
IQ_Neko.png
61KB, 433x696px
>>53028047
<------ This is what they should look like.

/tg/ has declared it long ago,
for anything else touches upon
heresy.
>>
>>53050646

Further note, it is not that IQ uniform (which she'll never wear) but the fact that she looks human save for two parts which is why such avoids the heresy.
>>
>>53050646
/tg/ declared no such thing and has no right to do so to begin with
>>
>>53050646
><------ This is what they should look like
Its a good representation, would like possibly to see one to scale with a space marine or a regular human IG?

My thoughts and feel free to contribute more from the past since I just found out about this are that because their a race of cat girls some traits may be able to be utilized by them without being OP.
>Traits:
1. Cat like reflexes: Maybe they should appear shorter than humans and more frail to keep them light and fast on all of their feet while in battle?
2. As a species of catgirls they should have an inherent ability to detect psychers much like in real life as has been proven with cats that can detect ghosts, and other supernatural activity. its effect in game could be that units cant be cloaked on the tabletop from psychic abilities which would only affect the 1st round really?
3. They have some form of night vision so during skirmishes in low light conditions they could gain a small +1 accuracy bonus since cat senses are superior to any auspex devie?
4. Weakness to warp, perhaps they could become rabid lashing out at anyone and anything near them and rushing towards that model if isolated on the table much like the blood angels and their what is it called blood rage because their half vampire.
>>
>>53050625

>Implying that they aren't just genetically engineered humans made as pleasure slaves during the Dark Age of Technology.
>>
File: My source was ....jpg (7KB, 190x270px) Image search: [Google]
My source was ....jpg
7KB, 190x270px
>>53050754

My source was 1d4chan.
>>
>>53050832
A classic mistake.
>>
File: 1479885942506.jpg (36KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1479885942506.jpg
36KB, 400x399px
>>53050790
>>Implying that they aren't just genetically engineered humans made as pleasure slaves during the Dark Age of Technology.
I dont disagree at all, that is exactly what all the space marines are my friend.
>>
>>53050774

How would you state them in Dark Heresy, 1st edition?
>>
>>53050877
*stat
>>
>>53028080
Beastfolk used to be in the IG but are currently B& due to too much potential to be tainted. All beastfolk, I would assume Felenids included, are persecuted severely by the Imperium.
>>
>>53050646
>no giant hair

Is this a catgirl for commoners? Here, have a better pair of catgirls and obviously what the creator wanted in Carlos Mconnell.
>>
>>53050895
>>53050877
Def open to discussion I not as lore proficient to determine stats if anyone could suggest some? The saves and bonuses I think are pretty reasonable given they cant field heavy weaponry due to being fragile.

This could be interesting just for fun?
Any death blow should get a 9 lives save with the bonus being +9 then down to 0, so each consecutive roll would lower it by one, keep in mind they should ideally have low health which would balance this out naturally since they are half cat but not half wolf like the Space Wolves.

> I would assume Felenids included, are persecuted severely by the Imperium.
True for the beastmen, though I have seen no evidence of this in literally any other abhuman race from Ogryn to squats unless maybe you could think of some because I cant :P
>>
>>53050910
Felinids are abhumans, not mutants.
>>
>>53050944
How do you know under the helmet they dont have big hair which would be pretty epic!

The cyberpunk hair def fits the grimdark nature of the universe. It would also be a nice change from the edgelord style of every hardcore female having buzz cuts or mohawks which Im not saying isnt cool, but its everywhere.
>>
>>53033609
It is basic lore. Space Marines are made, not born. Every chapter recruits potential marines and the ones that survive the process and training become scouts. Those that serve well and survive being a scout become full marines.
>>
>>53050956
Beastmen aren't mutants either, they're still abhumans but they're being persecuted for being too friendly with chaos. Too close to being mutants.

But beastmen combine human and animal traits, like Felinids. I don't see why the same standards wouldn't apply to them.
>>
>>53051038
See >>53029625
>>
>>53051038
>But beastmen combine human and animal traits, like Felinids.
Space wolves do the same dam thing and their wolves, its only realistic that we get what everyone always wanted a playable race of cat girls, maybe as attaches for Inquisiorial squads due to their heightened abilities that dont rely on the warp, or perhaps as IG attachments such as the Ogryn and Beastmen.

Or if this is the homeworld of a lost primarch hidden to the imperium under edict of the Emperor we could possibly be talking about a space marine chapter of cat girls. Almost heresy there but in this case female felines by their nature are far less docile to the point of being the aggressor among the genders than their male counterparts which is scientifically proven even today, but in 40k years? well thats why were here discussing it I guess.
>>
File: Howmanyfetishesdoyouwant.webm (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Howmanyfetishesdoyouwant.webm
3MB, 1440x1080px
>>53050646

>not pic related

its like you hate fun
>>
>>53050646
>Asuka with neko ears
8/10, would happily wrap my hands around her neck
>>
Out of curiosity, has anyone capitalized on this by making catgirl heads for Guardsman? I'm shameless enough to field a few.
>>
>>53051188
And? He says that beastmen barely qualify as abhumans. They are only purged as mutants because they are often corrupted by chaos. In past times beastmen were more accepted as abhumans and served in the IG, now they are more likely to be perceived as mutants.

You need to remember that the distinction between abhuman and mutant is somewhat arbitrary and up for debate by various members of the inquisition.
>>53051238
I'm not saying you can't have them at all I'm just saying in the current setting abhumans are frowned upon.

You can really do whatever you want. GW is talking about female spess mareens, not even SoB, actual spess marinettes with geneseed and black carapace and everything, so all bets are off.
>>
>>53052499
Beastmen are unstable, Felinids are not. Felinids breed true, just like the other 'natural' abhumans the Imperium currently accepts. Beastmen don't breed true, making it so that they're easy to peg as being mutants rather than the quasi-abhumans they are. If they had use, they'd be used in the Imperium just like Ratlings, Ogryn, etc. There's a difference here, which I hope you can see now.
>>
>>53052160
I would also like to know this.
Thread posts: 248
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.