[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 304
Thread images: 32

File: Ancient Mysteries.png (4MB, 1368x1542px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Mysteries.png
4MB, 1368x1542px
Previous thread: >>53007772

>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm

>News
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-cursed-necropolis-rio/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/mayday-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question:
What was your best chronicle of WoD like? What was your worst one?
>>
File: myidiotplayerohgodpleasehelp.jpg (445KB, 1714x1179px) Image search: [Google]
myidiotplayerohgodpleasehelp.jpg
445KB, 1714x1179px
My best was the Grand Adventures of Stinky Stan
>>
So who is david hill anyways? I see his name on a lot of the books, hell even on the chronicles core book. How long has he been around, and how good of a writer is he?
>>
I remember seeing people mention one of the 20th Anniversary splats sucked balls. Which one was that?
>>
>>53022417
M20
>>
>>53022451

Well, shoot. I'm enjoying reading the fluff for the old books, this is actually my first non-Vampire WoD book I'm reading. What did they mess up in the 20th release?
>>
>>53022482
It's Mage the Vampire Dick Sucking Edition.

Basically they put in a bunch of non-sensical rules for Mages being fucked over by vampires. They also removed a lot of the shit that Mages could easily do in previous editions, like make Sunlight.

There's also a lot of SJW shit in it. Honestly, Revised edition is a lot better of a game for Mage than M20. Play Revised.
>>
>>53022520

Thanks, I'll do that.
>>
>>53022520
>Complaining about SJW
>In Mage

It started off in that place. I don't know where you were expecting it to go.
>>
>>53022553
Ascension was never about SJW. It was about way more than that. Sure, you could turn into a woman or a tiger, but that wasn't a focal point in the game and was never brought up. It was a "You can do this, now back to saving the universe"
>>
File: VtM 20 - Ghouls and Revenants 2.png (1MB, 452x1280px) Image search: [Google]
VtM 20 - Ghouls and Revenants 2.png
1MB, 452x1280px
>that face
>>
File: Faction-Technocracy.png (30KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
Faction-Technocracy.png
30KB, 500x464px
>fund normal humans so they invent tiny cameras
>convince them to put cameras on every cellphone
>convince them to take selfies all the fucking time
>now most supernaturals can't even use their powers outside without risking the humans/hunters finding out about their existence

Why are Technocrats such dicks?
>>
>>53022392

He was a writer who was around since the late White Wolf days, wrote for the books for at least a decade. He's an OK writer overall, though I don't think his design philosophy really syncs up with mine, and that leaves me cold on a lot of his stuff.
>>
>>53022903
Do you mean "why are technocrats so based?"
>>
The Balkans are pretty much Tzimisce territory in oWoD, right?
>>
>>53022903
Don't forget how the Technocrats leak information to the Hunters and provide Hunters with guns and shit to fight supernaturals.
>>
>>53022949
But Technocrats are dicks anon, the biggest dicks in the World of Darkness

you see, there are three kinds of mages: dicks(Technocracy), pussies(Traditions) and assholes(Nephandi). Pussies think everyone can get along and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes. And all the assholes want is to shit all over everything. So pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while because, pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes, and if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit
>>
>>53022950
Yeah. They share a rivalry with the local Shadow Lords.
>>
>>53023065
That's the most retarded analogy I've read in a long time.
>>
>>53023188

Considering that that's the final monologue from Team America: World Police, that may be intentional.
>>
Anyone has a "Ignore vampire posters..." image?
>>
Is stepping sideways a sort of teleport?

If i need to roll, do i need to roll first to enter the umbra, and then roll again to exit in the real wold in another place, or is it imemdiate?
>>
Is there such a thing as a Mage Werewolf?
>>
File: Samuel_Haight_1.jpg (183KB, 592x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Samuel_Haight_1.jpg
183KB, 592x1032px
>>53023676
>>
>>53023727
Technically not a mage nor a werewolf
>>
>>53023995

Technically, he's an ashtray.
>>
>>53023676
In WoD? No.
In CofD? No.

Haight managed to steal a branch from the Tree of Life which gave insane power, but he wasn't Awakened.
>>
>>53022333
>There's a suggestion on Gehenna that that whole shtick was a ploy to fool the antes and that they've been stocking up on weapons the whole time

That's actually a really cool idea, might steal it
>>
Say what you want about beast, I'd still fuck a qt Anakim giantess
>>
>>53020485
>While Slayers who've managed to purge most of their's will have an aura of 'purified wyrm'.
What is purified Wyrm even? Haven't read much of werewolf
>>
File: Storyteller's Handbook 1.png (784KB, 704x1630px) Image search: [Google]
Storyteller's Handbook 1.png
784KB, 704x1630px
Is Pisha from Bloodlines the only example of a non-edgy Nagaraja?
>>
File: 8000 years in photoshop.png (405KB, 1214x892px) Image search: [Google]
8000 years in photoshop.png
405KB, 1214x892px
>>53023380
>>
>>53024863
she was eating people in the morgue of an abandoned hospital, how is that not edgy?
>>
>>53025047
When the other option is eating live people, it isn't
>>
>>53023727

That's an Ashtray.
>>
File: vampire 2017-01-15 19-11-45-10.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vampire 2017-01-15 19-11-45-10.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>53025047

She doesn't do the kind of shit I've seen brought up in the Lore of the Bloodlines, like >>53025077 mentioned.
>>
Need help for a W20 story i'm coming up with

The players i'm GMing for have just started, and for now they only formed the pack.They like the idea of pooled background and wanted a totem to atch over them, standard stuff.
Problem is, they can't decide what totem they want, especially since I made it clear that the choice is permanente, save some extreme cases.
On guy, playing a Theurge, read up a bit on the book and proposed to make a tour in the Umbra and find a spirit that is willing to accept them on his own volition, but cool asit might be, this thing put me in a bit of a pickle

Is there some sort of table they can roll on to decide which kind of spirit they find, or how should i treat their voyage in the realm of spirits? I don't want to have them face anything ovretly dangerous, and have them face spirits that if they are smart, can get through without fighting
>>
>>53025077
I am pretty sure vampires can't eat dead people, hence even Pisha must eat them alive, or dead by mere minutes
>>
Give me random rumors a Nosferatu might know:

- Their is a new gang of hunters in town. They call themselves the Fangbangers. They stake vampires and then they rape em for cheap thrills.

- Their is a new monster in town. They call him the Piggybank Slayer. He calls himself Ricky Nickles and when he's done with you you'll be leaking loose change out your orifices.
>>
>>53025203

She preserves the flesh in some way, or so she claims.
>>
>>53025179
>Problem is, they can't decide what totem they want, especially since I made it clear that the choice is permanente, save some extreme cases.

I think one thing players need to realize is there is no perfect min-max totem. If they're looking at it from that perspective they'll need to take both good and bad.
>>
>>53025203
Sure they can, it's just nasty as fuck since the blood's cold and congealed
>>
>>53025232
They know already, but they all find them equally nice, and can't really decide.
Except for Griffin, fuck that guy. But since the party is 2/4 homid, griffin wasn't an option to begin with
>>
File: fic.jpg (206KB, 754x817px) Image search: [Google]
fic.jpg
206KB, 754x817px
>>53022279
Is Children of the Revolution worth reading?
>>
>>53025567
You know, I'm not much for vampires, but this is actually pretty hot.
>>
I just got around to actually reading beast stuff and I have to say, if you ignore dev commentary its probably the best game I've ever seen for playing straight up monsters, both in the physical sense and in the personal sense.
>>
>>53022417
The real problem with M20 is the continued pain in the ass nature of doing magic in it.

I ran a campaign using Mage and things became amazingly litigious every time the magic came out. It wasn't even the party trying to rulers lawyer, but rather my own desire to be consistent basically requiring I develop an extensive jurisprudence with barely any help from the source book.
>>
Have there been any examples of actual, true love with vampires, Christof and Anezka aside?
>>
>>53023676
A skin dancer once used a plot device power stealing sword to kill a mage, but the sword exploded.

Leaving Samuel Haight with access to several spheres. He later acquired a powerful artifact to get more robust abilities with magic.
>>
>>53025567
it's basically just a collection of rather in-depth characters. how much you'll find that useful is entirely up to you.
>>
>>53024397
>Haven't read much of werewolf
That's okay, I spent some of my creation points on Encylopedic Knowledge (it's not that useful actually).

The Wyrm used to be sane and not trying to kill everything. It's job was still to kill stuff, but according to the natural order of things, to make way for new life. Basically the natural forces of entropy.

Then the weaver (order) tried to wrap everything in its web (whatever), and that caused it to go crazy and try start murdering everything.
>>
Fluff question about awakening.

Why aren't seasoned/powerful mages incredibly depraved or alien in mindset? Part of empathy is the shared experiences of the human condition due to our limits. People understand hunger, pain, or being tired. If you can zip around the visible universe, or regrow limbs, or stop time your views on you fellow man should be as alien if not greater then that of a True fae or a demon or ancient vampire.
>>
>>53025211

- There's an embrace in the city and the sire did not see permission from the Prince. Bonus points if this is someone important, like a primogen

- there's sightings of a wounded werewolf, alone and weak

- a vampire appeared claiming to be Caine himself and is amassing a cult

- One of the vampires has a shameful addiction (weird feeding practices, sex with animals, something like that)

- supposedly there's a failed Malkavian embrace roaming the sewers. He needs to be taken care of

All I can think of right now. Though some of those would be juicy pieces of information, so you might want to force the players to pay for that
>>
>>53026139
A veteran player instantly recognizes most of those as being traps meant to kill them.
>>
>>53026139
>- a vampire appeared claiming to be Caine himself and is amassing a cult
This has happened so many times it's cliche by now.

>- supposedly there's a failed Malkavian embrace roaming the sewers. He needs to be taken care of

They wouldn't be left in the sewers, they're gathered up and shipped to some institution in New England as part of a joint Malkavian and antitribu malk plan to spread Malkav's conscience thin enough so that when Gehenna comes round he'll be rendered helpless
>>
>>53025203
>I am pretty sure vampires can't eat dead people
There's Merit that lets you eat anything.
And there's a Flaw that says besides drinking blood you need to eat some "fresh tissue", with a note that it doesn't need to be killing people if you have resources to get creative about it.
>>
>>53022392
>So who is david hill anyways? I see his name on a lot of the books, hell even on the chronicles core book. How long has he been around, and how good of a writer is he?

He is of the lazy school of game designer that think "balance" of any kind or form is pipe dream, a product of OPP shitty hiring practice and echo chamber forums.

You seem the parody of what OPP fans are? He is that but with a straight face. To the point of complaining that the word waifu was racist.
>>
>>53026139
>sex with animals
>shameful
>by WoD standards
My little anon can't be this pure.
>>
>>53026139

>sex with animals

So a Gangrel's in town.
>>
>>53022279
>What was your best chronicle of WoD like?

Werewolf the apocalypse one, DM made the game shine by reaching a good thesis of what Apocalypse is about the temptation of power " in a way Awakening´s komodo dragon keeps failing at even today.

Barbarians in modern times, in which you are being glorified in a monstrous society and you gotta play some kind of ball with them to save the world.

The clash of modern values with ancient ones was great as was the whole concept of how the best of intentions doesnt justify you.

>What was your worst one?
A changeling the lost game, DM completely missed the point of changeling and made it watered down masquerade.

The 4 courts were always on agreement on everything because he made a bird court (with no emotion to it) to serve as a poor man sabbat.

Made all the courts true fae in everything but name. Didnt read the material and refuses us to use contracts after we already purchase or change their working on the fly.

Pixel bitch us the fuck out of us and made all pledges have to be made through a shitty NPC of him that was basically a tzimice.

Didnt let us raise mental attributes because it not "realistic" as people in real life dont increase their IQ.
>>
File: Owned.jpg (285KB, 617x2167px) Image search: [Google]
Owned.jpg
285KB, 617x2167px
>>53026341

>You seem the parody of what OPP fans are? He is that but with a straight face. To the point of complaining that the word waifu was racist.

And he got shut down hard for that bullshit.
>>
Is there a reason in the lore why the Weaver went mad?
>>
>>53026632
Except not really, because his comment was aimed at *Westerners*, not fucking Japanese people.
>>
>>53026814
Wyrm was destroying his shit and he got tired of it all
>>
>>53026839

Nah, it wasn't. The faggot clearly generalized and only went back on what he said when the Jap shat all over him.
>>
>>53026341

>"balance" is a pipe dream

It was McFarland who wrote that game balance essay, not Hill. If we need to go on yet another circlejerk about someone who doesn't even write for the books anymore, the least you people can do is get the facts right.
>>
>>53026839
That was the point.

Japanese people don't need a white savior to protect them from big bad evil imperialist whitey
>>
>>53027071

I said he is of that lazy justification to get a paycheck for less work, not that he is the one who came up with it.
>>
>>53026341
What kind of balance? In-game balance or inter-splat balance?

Because the latter really is a pipe dream.
>>
is VTR better than VTM?
>>
>>53027399
Yes
>>
>>53027399
Game terms yes.

Lore terms no.
>>
>>53027416
But the lore is fucked with VTM. Theyve basically dug themselves into a hole by making the story of caine canon, and by extension, the abrahamic faith to be true. But how can that be when kuei jin exist?
>>
>>53027247

How do you know that for sure? With McFarland, there's an essay to point to for his take on balance, but do you have any evidence for Hill?
>>
>>53027613
Does vampire at any point actually contradict the idea that the "God" spoken of is anything but a Celestine type creature? I don't think vampire actually validates IRL christian beliefs of a supreme deity in anyway. Just one with the same name. Even Demon calls out the Jews for getting things wrong.
>>
So, a few threads ago a player of mine came here to ask about low Arcana/high Gnosis mages who focus on high mundane attributes and skills rather than the ability to cast spells. He mentioned never risking Paradox, but failed to clarify what he meant, he's talking about almost never casting spells at all, so Paradox is never a worry (but he thinks a guy who flips over a semi with his bare hands won't have repercussions but whatever). I reviewed the lore to see if Mage society would have some kind of issue with this, and as far as I can tell...no, no problem. In fact, I'm surprised Mages don't have people who do this more often, there's all kinds of laws about using magic to fuck with other mages, but nothing about mundane ability. If a Mage with Strength/Dexterity/Stamina/Brawl/Athletics/whatever 10 all at once decides to fuck shit up, there's a lot of leeway since he's not using magic. Has anyone else ran into this? A player pitching a character as a "human hand grenade" used by a Consilium to just throw at some problem without risking overexposure to Sleepers?
>>
>>53027300
Honestly, I don't see why so many people care about the game mechanics. Why not just use the books for the setting ideas and then stat everything up in a generic system like Fate or GURPS?
>>
>>53020360
>And you, stop being an ass just because it doesn't come from a Mage book. 'Mage God' is the same fucking YHWH that's cited throughout the rest of the setting.

Not necessarily so! God has different definitions in each of the gamelines. This isn't something you can argue.
>>
>>53027675
>How do you know that for sure? With McFarland, there's an essay to point to for his take on balance, but do you have any evidence for Hill?

Read Secrets of the covenants & Hurt locker (the plain). Some incredible stupid shit in there that could only be approved if the asshole didnt subscribe to that dumpfire of a design philosophy
>>
>>53027739
>Why not just use the books for the setting ideas and then stat everything up in a generic system like Fate or GURPS

Because FATE is shit. Gurps mage is pretty good though.
>>
>>53027715

Can you raise gnosis without arcane beats? And how does he get so many arcane beats without using magic?

And what kind of wankery game runs so long as to reach gnosis 10.
>>
>>53027613
the 1000 hells are abrahamic ones, only asians can escape because the hell is directly beneath it.

DtF already says that the scarlet queen and the dragon emperor are angels
>>
>>53027300
>What kind of balance? In-game balance or inter-splat balance?

Both. And personally, i dont think inter splat balance is a pipe dream, just because the idiots at OPP cant figure it out doesnt mean that it cant be. Beside 90% of their success is because fans grab their cool ideas and make them work in way the creators didnt intend to.

That said, in-game balance was also fuck under hill.
>>
>>53027878
Inter-splat balance is possible, sure, but I doubt the end result would be pretty or satisfying in the least. It's also pointless, because these games aren't meant for crossover play anyhow.
>>
>>53027878
>That said, in-game balance was also fuck under hill.
Are there more example's than just the Plain? A few people I know still think hes a great writer and I want to show them why they are wrong. Just telling them he's a communist isn't nearly as effective as I'd hoped.
>>
>>53027824
His opinion seems to be that what arcane beats he does get all go to Gnosis rather than Arcana, so he won't need as many.
>>
>>53027748

I've read those, and while I'm no fan, a loose balance design philosophy isn't laziness. It's wrong for a crunch-medium game like CofD, in my opinion, but it's not lazy.

>>53027878

It's certainly not impossible, but no dedicated playtesting division and with books that have quick turnarounds even with the delays, there's no way it is feasible with current company structure.
>>
>>53027944
Is he aware he'll be completely useless compared to people using magic? Even at 10 Gnosis. Even with exceptional stats, you can still only do mundane things, which can almost all be hard countered with actual Magic. Of which he has little to no defense against, and can't even generate Clash of Wills to take advantage of his high Gnosis because of a lack of magical depth.
>>
>>53023215
Not that anon but my favorite analogy, quoted below, is from an ancient RPG.net thread...

>I've always thought of the Technocracy's good and bad sides like this.
>They've told you there's no monsters under the bed. Never were. Never will be.
>And this is a good thing, because there were monsters under the bed and they hunted them down and brutally killed them.
>Except now, now they've told you that there's no Santa Claus.
>>
>>53023065
Oh man I loved reading this.

Technocracy fuck yeah
>>
File: Aladdin_Jafar_01.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Aladdin_Jafar_01.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWWFJ2yjQGE

W H A T

C O U L D

G O

W R O N G
>>
>>53027989
It's a mixed splat game, this is his "I can play a Mage without overshadowing everyone" idea. Everyone in the group has a different favorite splat, so once in a while I agree to do a mixed game. Usually Mages are a huge No, however.
>>
>>53027994
>>Except now, now they've told you that there's no Santa Claus.
This is only bad if you have such an obsession with the Captialistic Paradigm of the Syndicate. The entire idea of Santa is just greed incarnate anyway. Not to mention the myth itself exploits the labor of elves.
>>
>>53024951
Thanks mate.
>>
>>53027944
>His opinion seems to be that what arcane beats he does get all go to Gnosis rather than Arcana, so he won't need as many.

Thats 45 XP to reach gnosis 10.

And the 324 XP to reach all in attributes in then. That 369 XP points.....i mean sure if you game runs that long go for it.
>>
>>53028015
If he's not interacting with other Mages he's still going to fall behind the XP curve because attributes give you access to very little, even if you can somehow generate twice as much XP with Arcane Beats.

All the other characters will grow linearly and the Mage won't really grow at all, vs growing exponentially like they normally do.

>>53028053
Basically this. His idea costs way too much XP and would make for near peak builds of any other Template, even if the players aren't optimizing.
>>
>>53026127
>Why aren't seasoned/powerful mages incredibly depraved or alien in mindset

Archmages usually become quite insane in Ascension. The individuals capable of one-shotting Caine should never be approached.
Even Porthos Fitz-Empress (who is the nicest old man, really) will disintegrate you during one of his 'senior moments', or if you just touch his favorite yogurt.
>>
>>53027920

Carthian law. Coil of zinitra + pyrokinesis. The whole thing that Secrets of the covenant was suppose to be just like those popular clan books and then miss the marks because a) the fiction was subpar and b) clan books got away with it because clans are meaningless in Requiem while Covenants are a thing and if i "buy" a book about them i so very hope to understand how they work/operate.
>>
>>53028096
Reminds me of Professor X from the new Logan film. So much power barely held in check.
>>
>>53027920

>Just telling them he's a communist isn't nearly as effective as I'd hoped

The Red Scare's been over for decades, grandpa. Seriously though, expecting people to dislike a writer's work because of their politics is pretty foolish, even in this political climate.

If I remember right, that anti-sorcery merit chain was busted in theory, but I don't know if Hill actually wrote that or if it changed by the time it came out. Either way, the V20 Dark Ages line was pretty good, and I believe he developed that.

>>53028144

It comes off like it's supposed to be a companion to the 1e covenant books as opposed to the new covenant books for a new edition, but then Blood and Smoke became a real 2e and it was too late to change directions.
>>
>>53027917
>inter-splat balance is possible, sure, but I doubt the end result would be pretty or satisfying in the least. It's also pointless, because these games aren't meant for crossover play anyhow.

There are some good bits here and there about it. For example Werewolves vs vampire with the fact that predator jaws do lethal to vampires which give them a good synergy to fight each other.

>>53027963
>It's certainly not impossible, but no dedicated playtesting division and with books that have quick turnarounds even with the delays, there's no way it is feasible with current company structure.

I mean if they just worded like that sure. Hell i can fully support that they are too incompetent to even try it and i would respect the shit out of them than the cope out answer they give now.
>>
>>53028096
>capable of one-shotting Caine
I thought Caine would be above archmages as he is generation 1?
>>
>>53026127
As your Gnosis (equivalent of BP/Wyrd/Rage or whatever) increases, you do lose touch with mundane stuff and lose empathy. There's also Wisdom to consider.
>>
>>53028196
Fucking stop.

You know what you're doing.
>>
>>53028196
Are primordial fish stronger than man because we evolved from them?
>>
>>53028238
>You know what you're doing.
They always do. The vampfags do it on purpose and just say wrong thing to cause problems for everyone else.
>>
>>53028182
>It comes off like it's supposed to be a companion to the 1e covenant books as opposed to the new covenant books for a new edition, but then Blood and Smoke became a real 2e and it was too late to change directions.

Really because after Blood & Smoke became 2nd edition we got Forsaken 2nd, Mage 2nd, The pack and then Secrets of the covenants.
>>
>>53028255
>Really because after Blood & Smoke became 2nd edition we got Forsaken 2nd, Mage 2nd, The pack and then Secrets of the covenants.
Weren't these all in devlopment at the same time? During the multiple editions/name changes?
>>
>>53028196
Listen. You're probably a false flagger, but if you're not? *

* The maximum theoretical Archmage is capable of conjuring Big Bangs in their hands, and potentially dethroning God himself if one abuses mixed capabilities.
This isn't exactly something Caine can stand up against, even with his nigh-invulnerable protection(s).
>>
>>53028196
Magefags like to forget that the sevenfold curse would make any force leveled against Caine hit them back seven times as hard. They propel him at light speed into the sun, they're hit with seven suns worth of damage, as well as seven times the speed of light in kinetic force (functionally infinite). They hit him with a universe, they're hit with seven. An Archmage might be able to kill Caine, but any ST with a brain will make it mutually lethal.
>>
>>53026127
>Why aren't seasoned/powerful mages incredibly depraved or alien in mindset?
What makes you think they aren't?
>>
>>53028328
>Magefags like to forget that the sevenfold curse would make any force leveled against Caine hit them back seven times as hard. They propel him at light speed into the sun, they're hit with seven suns worth of damage, as well as seven times the speed of light in kinetic force (functionally infinite). They hit him with a universe, they're hit with seven. An Archmage might be able to kill Caine, but any ST with a brain will make it mutually lethal.
And Cain fags seem to forget (or more likely never bothered to read a book) that you could just shield yourself against 7 times the amount of force you use just as trivially as you can generate it.
>>
>>53028376
It's not specified that you're literally going to get hit with your spell X7, you could suffer a loss 7 times the one you caused him
>>
>>53028328
The problem with the seven-fold curse is that it wasn't defined in any meaningful manner in the instances of its mention. It applies to direct hostility and only targets the essential cursed individual and the individual(s) attempting to lay harm.
This alone will cause an assumption of indirect / subtle magic(k(s) being sufficient enough to bypass the curse laid down by God. Annoying, but there was never any text suggesting otherwise.

Due note that Prime 6 would be sufficient enough to delete it, as would Forces and Correspondence be enough to defend against any amount of force repelled by it. One also has to wonder the limits of the curse, as physics wouldn't allow it to repel everything and all. I don't think it would be able to tank supernovas multiplied in the millions.
>>
File: 1444009518522.jpg (29KB, 652x457px) Image search: [Google]
1444009518522.jpg
29KB, 652x457px
>>53028304
>>53028328
>>53028376
FREEZE

YOU'RE ALL UNDER ARREST FOR VIOLATING THE PEACE
>>
>>53028376
This is true. A great deal of mage defenses aren't defined by the weight of the attack being made against it. They just defend absolutely.

Again it depends on the protection in question.
>>
I feel as though Masquerade players are blowing the seven fold curse out of proportion. If you actually bother to read it text for text it's only strong against Caine's descendants, not supernaturals capable of working around it.

Perhaps blood sorcerers could work around it, but their ability to improvise is kind of crap.
>>
>>53028376
Isn't Caine also implied to be able to make up entirely new Disciplines on the spot? What's stopping him from making a "lol no magic" Discipline? Or having made one centuries ago?
>>
>>53028553
The fact that the source of the power is a curse from God.
>>
>>53028553
Caine can make new Disciplines as long as it's thematically appropriate, but it's not something he can do on the spot. I don't know where such an assumption came from.

It also isn't unique to him, as the Salubri can do the same, but it too isn't a quick process.
>>
File: 1446482501856.jpg (690KB, 792x971px) Image search: [Google]
1446482501856.jpg
690KB, 792x971px
How often do non-Toreador/Daeva vampires Embrace someone out of a fucked up belief, regardless if it's true or false, that they love them and thus don't want them to die from disease or old age? Which ones, outside the two already mentioned, are most likely to do so?
>>
>>53028468
I want WoD ancap memes. Or you know, the equivalent for the various types of splats.
>>
>>53028553
Caine can't just mass create Disciplines, there's a process to it. Read Gehenna.

But let's say he could devise them quick n' easy, I could counter by saying that ten dots in any specific Sphere is effective Omnipotence.
>>
>>53028658
>ten dots in any specific Sphere is effective Omnipotence

While true, you can already achieve omnipotence by mixing Forces 9 with Prime 9. It's a personalized form of it, sure, but omnipotent nonetheless.
It would also spawn an infinite multiverse.
>>
>>53028615
Is there a blank template of that glasses smiley face I can slap the various symbols onto?
>>
Could Caine defend against a supermassive black hole?
>>
Man, 4chanx recursive hiding really is better than default filters, I don't know why it took me so long to think of this.

Anyways, are the endowments in tooth and nail indicative of the way general 2e endowments are going to be do you think, or were they designed more with old 1e rules in mind? Actually this applies to mortal remains for that matter doesn't it?
>>
>>53028658
But the basis of the theory is that magic won't work, so how can the magic to remove this power affect him? In the end it'a all theory either way, plot power vs plot power, and how your ST chooses to interpret the WoD version of God. I mean, if Caine exists a written, then a the first son of Adam he predates Atlantis and the Exarchs, so there was no God-Machine to be the source of the Curse, so you can't assume Mages of any power would have primacy over it.
>>
>>53028771
There's no reason for them to have 2 different systems. Mortal Remains was always kinda a hunter GMC update not a 2e Hunter.
>>
>>53028735
Caine wouldn't be able to improvise that fast and he doesn't have gravity defying mechanics to speak of. It's also not an attack, so his curse wouldn't help.

Ironically, this is something an Archmage of Correspondence (you'd think Forces) could do to him, and only at six dots.
Assuming he doesn't get disintegrated after being thrown into space at the speed of light, of course.
>>
>>53028602
I would assume every single vampire can do that, and unless I'm missing some specific rule I don't see why Toreador/Daevas would do it any more than others. Vampires still run on regular human emotions, and the knowledge than everyone you form close ties to is eventually going to wither away and die, or even just get killed in a freak accident tomorrow has to wear down on people fast.
>>
>>53028788
>Confirmed Retarded post
I don't think you know enough about the difference between OWoD and NWoD to contribute even meaninglessly to this trash excuse of Caine shitposting.
>>
>>53028788
Six dots of Prime is enough to remove God-driven curses, blessings and interventions.
But not all Archmages are going to have six dots in Prime.

It's also not hard to counter anti-magic. Prime in itself being anti anti-magic.

You're also confusing OWoD with CofD, anon.
>>
>>53028788

are you mentally defective?
>>
>>53028602
Vampire can't feel love. Only a burning desire of possession and attachement.

To answer your other question, every vampire particularly prone to emotion, like brujah
>>
>>53028852
I find that Caine whores are the most mentally inefficient of the vampfag populace.
>>
File: Christof and Anezka.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Christof and Anezka.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>53028858

Except there's evidence contradicting your statement there, anon. And not just Christof and Anezka, but Helena and Prias, and several others as well.
>>
>>53028840
>Six dots of Prime is enough to remove God-Machine-driven curses
There, fixed. And is there even a CofD version of Caine in the first place? If there is I've never heard of it. So going by how he's presented in OWoD is all you can do. Caine was cursed by God. In CofD no Archmage has ever (that we can prove) dealt with a curse leveled by God, only the God-Machine. These are not the same entities, so you can;t logically assume it would work the same.
>>
Do not be fooled, anons. Vampires can't love.
>>
>C20 going out to backers soon
>Wr20 isn't even in layout

I'm going to fucking kill myself.
>>
>>53028929
The God-Machine isn't God. There is no God in CofD, unless you consider The Principal to be just that.
Caine doesn't exist in CofD as well.

The amount of confusion in your posts is silly.
Or you're just griefing.
>>
File: are you blonde.jpg (162KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
are you blonde.jpg
162KB, 640x480px
>>53028929
>>
>>53028957
There is no God in CofD NOW, there was THEN, because Caine, as presented, would have to predated Atlantis and the Exarchs, and their creation of the God-Machine. The Machine cannot be the source of the curse, because there was no such thing when the curse was levied.
>>
>>53028957
The person is actually retarded. Follow up posts confirm. Best to ignore him.
>>
>>53028929
>>53029009

Yep. You're intentionally being retarded.
>>
>>53027994
Also, there are still monsters under the bed and they've just kept humans ignorant of them and the world is about to end.
>>
>>53028937

Did anyone even play the old Changeling?
>>
>>53029047
Then explain to me how something that did not exist when Caine was mortal, can have cursed him.
>>
Do all vampfaggots resort to being stupid when they can't defend their beloved dick daddy Caine?

Do they think they're being clever or something?
>>
>>53028915
Vampires can't really love eachother. Love is a pure sentiment, and Vampires and cursed and tainted forever.

They may think it's love, but it's not. It's just an artificial sentiment conjured by blood bond, and nothing more of that
>>
>>53029078
Do all magefags resort to shitposting when vampfags keep presenting simple logic they can't manage to refute?
>>
File: jawed.png (44KB, 396x304px) Image search: [Google]
jawed.png
44KB, 396x304px
>>53029075

OWoD =/= CofD
>>
>>53028937
W20 is already out, what's the problem?
>>
>>53029075
Archmages in NWoD retroactively rewrite reality, including before they existed.
In addition, Caine literally has no connection to anything in NWoD, its a literally unconnected game in a different setting. Really, there is nothing to explain aside from the undeniable fact that you are actually retarded.
>>
>>53029111
I have yet to see irrefutable logic, anon.
>>
>>53029100

>splat itself says there have been genuine examples of love between vampires
>"No, what I say counts as valid"

Look, in your chronicle, sure, vampires can't love. But I'm not asking about your chronicle, I'm asking about the WoD splat in general and which clans are more prone to embracing people out of love, regardless if it's true or false?
>>
C20's out to backers. I guess we'll see what that's about.
>>
>>53029116
Seeing as how Caine IS OWoD and has no CofD version...yeah, seems the right way to do it.

>>53029130
Yeah, I know they retconned, but that's not the point. The point is that Caine, as presented in the only sources available, would have been cursed by something that existed before the Exarchs. His course is not from the God-Machine. And as such, you can't assume Prime can remove it, because Prime as written in CofD has only ever dealt with God-Machine curses, not the God that preceded it. So there is zero basis for the assumption that Mages can remove the curse instead of deal with it. An Archmage killing Caine (I never claimed they couldn't) would mean mutual destruction. What exactly is the problem with that?
>>
Hey, guys, I'm about to play VtM for the first time, how much of a bad idea is putting points in generation until I reach 8th?
>>
>>53029182
Brujah and Toreador are the clans who do it the most often, though almost any clan can (the Tremere and Tzimisce would likely do it the least).
>>
>>53029306
No GM will allow that on your first try unless he's a newbie
>>
>>53029238
>Crosses editions several times after being told they aren't the same
>Things NWoD is a retcon of OWoD
Seriously guys just ignore this shitposter, they are literally retarded.
>>
>>53029306
Mechanically speaking, there's no reason you should do anything else, which is why Storytellers will try to prevent you from doing it usually.
>>
>>53029327
Is "my sire's sire was just that good" a bad excuse?
yeah, it fucking is
>>
>>53029355
>things that never happened
>>
>>53029375
Its literally the only excuse. Unless you want to have diablerized several times in your backstory.
>>
>>53029375
by now i'm sure you're shitposting, but yes it is.
No Prince would have a Childe in this day and age, better if you stop at 10th unless you somehow manage to pull it off
>>
>>53029238
You're trying too hard.
>>
>>53029393
Which I don't, yeah. On the other hand, being a big ass diablerie target sounds exciting
>>53029401
Not shitposting, I'm just that fucking new. At least I'm sure others in my group are doing worse.
>>
>>53029432
If you end up with a pair of Tremere lesbian incestous twins played by two dudes in your party

run
>>
>>53025203
>I am pretty sure vampires can't eat dead people

The corpses Nagaraja consume have to be "fairly fresh". As to what constitutes a "fairly fresh" corpse is left up to the Storyteller. Regardless, it's mentioned that the Nagaraja have thaumaturgical rituals that deal specifically with keeping corpses preserved, so the corpses *could* be several nights old, possibly even several weeks or months.

Regardless, the Nagaraja don't have to eat people while they're still alive.
>>
>>53028771
>4chanx recursive hiding

what?
>>
>>53029078
At this point, it's very clearly just one person who is very amused by the fact that Magefags are physically incapable of stopping themselves from getting into the same argument every thread
>>
>>53029528
It's an extension. Hide one post and every reply to it is hidden as well. It basically makes the process of filtering out the retarded 'who would win in a fight' stuff a lot easier.
>>
>>53029128
hue
>>
>>53029580
You can just go and let someone be wrong on the internet!
>>
>>53029598
sounds like its for pussies who can't handle using the internet. Are you the same guy that was trying to report mageposters a million threads back? Because you sound just like em.
>>
File: 1440061933203.jpg (42KB, 669x746px) Image search: [Google]
1440061933203.jpg
42KB, 669x746px
>>53029624
>>
>>53029624
I remember that guy.

Mods don't give a shit. Usually.
>>
>>53029598

Thanks anon, didnt knew i could block magefags posts
>>
>>53022520
>muh uhhh they tried to balance my broken game so now it's shit
>A lot of SJW shit in it
Please, list at least of those shits.
>>
>>53030174
Not that anon, but the Changes weren't balance. It was wasted word count on a lawn chair rote because the author doesn't know how to not be a faggot plus a lack of actual rules. Not a single attempt at balancing anything was made, Brucatto doesn't even know how to write rules, much less change them.
>>
File: 1445695675422.jpg (25KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1445695675422.jpg
25KB, 321x322px
>>53024344
>>
>>53029598

I am bad at computors how do i use it on my phone?
>>
>>53030413
No clue. Sorry dude. Try looking up the name on google.
>>
>>53030413
You don't. Phone cucks don't really get browser extensions. If you're bad at Computers you probably wouldn't be able to jerry rig it even if it is doable.
>>
File: 1.png (34KB, 263x220px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
34KB, 263x220px
Al-Aswad who?

For the people that don't know, the chaos realms are the realm beyond reality, a white canvas that God paint, so it's not a matter of our creation or reality.

You can literally summon eldritch horrors and destroy everything even with the 4 dots power, Summon Outsider, with this you can say that the power stays true to its name.
>>
>>53027684
Vampire doesn't touch on spirits, so it doesn't come up at all.
>>
File: powerful rangers agony.gif (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
powerful rangers agony.gif
2MB, 400x224px
>Akibaranger listed as inspirational material for C20

What the fucking what
>>
File: AkibarangerFullteam.jpg (39KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
AkibarangerFullteam.jpg
39KB, 750x600px
>>53032168
>Akibaranger
>Another notable difference from usual Super Sentai is that this series is geared towards teenagers and Otaku
Grats on your weeb book. Its not even about the American version.
>>
>>53032168
>>53032219
I could see it. Akibaranger's entire thing is that the characters are using the power of dreams and delusions to "fight villains" which may or may not be real.

t. Sentaifag
>>
File: 1493402213727.png (43KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1493402213727.png
43KB, 645x773px
Cappadocius did nothing wrong
>>
>>53033284
He embraced Giovanni himself
>>
https://mega.nz/#!yMtBnSAC!-K5Val2vP6kD2x0yAjsfRk0234814CQlgrUSNRm3N_c

enjoy dorks.
>>
>>53030232

How great is it that changing a vampire into a lawn chair is totally a legitimate option in the new mage?
>>
>>53034264
Thanks!
>>
>>53034264
Nice! Does it still include therapists as antagonists ?
>>
Hey guys! I need help with ideas for a campaign. The first session will be all about mortals and i want to give a shitton of clues about supernatural, but without giving away that im going to DM vampire. I want for then to think its actually werewolf, then mumie, etc. End of the session they are embraced.

Some ideas I already got:

-A carcass of someone is found mutilated by claw in the woods, also clues about pack of wolfs in the forest (hint that its werewolf, but it was a gangrel that killed that guy).

- They are contrabandists, so they get hired to contraband a Mumie. But its actually a vampire in torpor.

- Someone in the group see someone doing something that look like Magic (i will invent some new discipline that look a lot like something in Mage).

What do you guys thinks? Any good ideas?
>>
>>53034396
Your misdirection is risking a lot of player discontent for a single rug-pull.
You should also communicate to your players that they shouldn't expect a "normal" mortals game.
So that they don't come to the first sesison expecting to Scooby Doo after monsters, only to find out they now get to wax lyrical about morbidity and blood.

Personally I wouldn't risk a rug-pull, I'd talk to them prior about what you intended.
Also if you're running nWoD, that's a big investment of humanity in creating all of those new Vampires.
Also you're assuming none of them can get away, unless of course you're throwing a super-powered unbeatable "foe" at them at the beginning that they can't even practically avoid. Which has a host of other problems.
>>
>>53034467
I said to then it will be mortals first game, then we going to play some splat after that game. They are on board.
>>
>>53034396
>Someone in the group see someone doing something that look like Magic (i will invent some new discipline that look a lot like something in Mage).

You could have them discover the ritual site of a crúac practitioner. It would keep them off the trail better imo. The more genre savvy ones may wonder if they're all supposed to be sleepwalkers.
>>
>>53034513
Okay, well then I'd be a bit more subtle about the hints as to that it's other splats.
Don't go out of your way to make them think "oh, it's something else".
When the GM plays up the misdirection, then it's quite frustrating when you reveal.
However when you realise everything the GM said was still true and it was your assumptions which are working against you, then that's a lot more satisfying.
Like, if they for example pass a test to identify the wounds, don't make any specific reference to any supernaturals.

Savaged by vicious claws is fine. Smuggling a sealed container labelled as an "illegal artifact" is also good. With the Magic? Don't bother with a new discipline, just use your ability to describe it however you like, so that it doesn't sound immediately "oh, that's a Vampire power".
>>
>>53034556
>>53034565

The Crúac idea is good, will use that, so no need for new discipline. Any good ideas as of what is it, how they find it, etc?
>>
How would I do dungeon crawling in nWoD?

A friend asked me to run a Persona game for him and I don't know any other systems well enough to do it right.
>>
>>53034724
nWoD is NOT suited for dungeon crawling.
Not even slightly.
I just flat up wouldn't try.
>>
>>53034724
Just like any other dungeon crawler. You make a map and fill it with NPCs and puzzles.
>>
>>53034749
I guess I can do it without the dungeon crawling.

Any suggestions for what I could replace the shadow worlds with? The request was just Persona, not any particular game's exact style.
>>
>>53034776
From what I've played of the game it's like an astral journey to someone's Oneiros isn't it?
>>
>>53034828
I wouldn't know, I've never gotten a chance to play mage, so I haven't read it.

What book is that in?
>>
>>53034835
The astral realms pdf should be in the mega.
>>
>>53034877
Okay, thanks!
>>
>>53034828
Yes, that would be it. For a P5 equivalent at least. Someone's Oneiros would be like their Palace, where their Vices and Virtues reside, while the Tenemos would be like Mementos, the collective consciousness of humanity.

I could be a bit off, Astral shit isn't my area of expertise.

And nobody post any spoilers for P5 if we're going down this road. I haven't beaten it yet.

Kawakami best girl
>>
>>53034396
>i will invent some new discipline that look a lot like something in Mage

Why not just use an actual Mage?
>>
>>53034975
>the spoiler
I'm glad we're in agreement on that, at least.

I'm not sure how I want to go about it just yet. The last thing I want to do is blindly ape one of the games, so I guess I should come up with a new cosmology besides Dark Hour/Midnight Channel/Palaces.
>>
>>53035001
People seem to be under the delusion that crossover with Mage is a bad idea.
>>
>>53035023
You could maybe take some cues from Geist, which is basically Persona users with ties to death and the Underworld.
>>
>>53035001
>>53035057

Mages as playable PCs can become powerful enough to challenge plot devices representing other gamelines.
If an Arete 10 Oracle can curbstomp Caine 1v1, is it any wonder why people won't apply them to their games?

This goes for both old and new.
>>
>>53035121
Not everyone is going to reach that potential, dumbshit.

You could always limit them to three dots instead of five.
>>
>>53034264
I've never touched old changeling ever, or any old world of darkness beyond hunter really, is it fun?
>>
File: Tito Rogar.jpg (445KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
Tito Rogar.jpg
445KB, 1024x1448px
>>53022279
The best campaign I played was probably the first nWoD (at the time) game I played. It was a multi-splat crossover game. It ran for at least a year or two before I joined in. It was a cWoD game that ran up to the Wyrm waking up and trying to fight it as the world was ending.

They fought until everything went white and busted their way out of purgatory only find they were now in a World they don't quite remember (nWoD). Quite literally so they found themselves in this new world with amnesia and tried to piece together their previously lives that were contradicting with the memories of the new world incarnation bodies they woke up with. I joined into that game a while later playing the Sin-Eater, Tito Rogar.

The Worst game I've played however would have to be a cWoD game of Masquerade. It had a promising premise, as a contrast to our usual combat heavy games, we were going to do something a bit more political and all play Vampires in New York dealing with a usurpation problem. However at the last minute the DM's fangirling girlfriend decided her character was located in LA and was going to be a "badass" peer/love interest to the DMPC who flew right in to drag us out of New York to deal with their stuff instead.

This was no ordinary DMPC however, it was a Vampire the DM played as decades ago that managed to trick Caine and diablerize him to become the new "God of Vampires". Everyone typically ignored this character whenever he was brought up or mentioned except for the girlfriend. She thought it was badass and fangirled over the character and fed into it. So the campaign got last minute changed instead to become the DMPC's Rise to Power story, leading up to the character eating Caine.

It was the cringiest fucking thing I ever had to witness. All the players except for the girlfriend refused to play it after it became apparent that this is what the campaign was going to be about.

Funny enough, both campaigns were by the same DM.
>>
>>53035171
>https://mega.nz/#!yMtBnSAC!-K5Val2vP6kD2x0yAjsfRk0234814CQlgrUSNRm3N_c

no
>>
>>53035171

also no
>>
Nervous first ST here

Are mages really above the rest by a good margin?
>>
>>53035171
>old changeling

Honestly? No, but give it a read. It's strange enough you can steal ideas from it for other games.
>>
>>53035224
If the players are any good at playing Mages you should probably prepare for your plot to get anally savaged.
>>
>>53035224
yes, dont crossover,
>>
>>53035240
The real trick is to just let it happen and roll with it.
>>
>>53035253
yep just remember consequences. Mages can do x,y,z or solve whatever thrown at them but theres always some push back coming..
>>
>>53035253
>Mages as playable PCs can become powerful enough to challenge plot devices representing other gamelines.
Do mages make plat specific antagonists meaningless? Or are they off limits even in crossover? True Fae and strix being examples?

>If an Arete 10 Oracle can curbstomp Caine 1v1, is it any wonder why people won't apply them to their games
Isn't that archmages only? I wont be doing that any.

>This goes for both old and new.
Is there a difference in old and new with power levels? Which mage would be easier for crossover?
>>
>>53035224
If your players have even a perfunctory understanding of how to actually play Mage?

Yes.
>>
>>53035224
Mages are honest to god more powerful than pretty much everyone else, at least in potential.

Only Demon and Mummy can compare to Awakening in weight.
>>
>>53035121
Yeah, because every Mage is going to get that strong. It's just a given.
>>
>>53035291
>Which mage would be easier for crossover?
Awakening, by which I just mean CofD in general.

But crossover is still a bad idea and I wouldn't do it, with or without Mages.
>>
Is there any good CofD 2e conversion for Gunslinger from 1e? One of my players in an upcoming game wants to do the dual-pistols thing, and I don't want to just port the silly original merit for obvious reasons.
>>
>>53035323
Yeah, but they're still playable. So the scarcity of such individuals mean jack if you choose to play one. If someone decides to play the Ubermensch wizard and kill Caine, it's entirely doable.

Why is this a good thing? It's just going to annoy Masquerade players. Don't use Mage.
>>
>>53035224
Not in practice no.
I mean the mechanics are there, but its muddled by two factors. For one, almost no player is actually going to play a mage to their full potential, kinda like wizards in pathfinder. Secondly, it doesn't really matter because most of the time if you're running crossover players focus their characters to completely different arenas anyways.
>>
>>53035291
>Isn't that archmages only? I wont be doing that any.

Only Archmages can kill Caine.
Though it only took 3-5 dots of Forces to kill a weakened Antediluvian, so you really wonder.
>>
>>53035392
And where is the ST during all of this? Jacking off while he lets one uppity player shit all over his campaign?
>>
>>53035291
It only takes a single dot of Death to troll the Strix. Turn them into shadow penises.
The Acanthus can effectively remove all the burdens within a Changeling's life.
>>
>>53035494
Could you really pull off that spell at just one dot though? The Strix would get a chance to resist, right?
>>
>>53035519
If you define the Strix as being entities entirely comprised of Shadow, then yes, it would function.
If you want to say that their Shadow-form is not quite so frail as it can be manipulated with Compelling, then it would likely involve Patterning of Weaving.

Either way, it should probably be Withstood by a resistance attribute.
>>
>>53035519
They could resist, yeah. Unless the mage using it has higher dots / Gnosis, of course.
Fewer dot Practices are just so much more powerful when you're more experienced.

Psychic Domination (two dots) is easily one of the most overpowered abilities a Master of Mind can employ.
>>
>>53035564
>Psychic Domination (two dots) is easily one of the most overpowered abilities a Master of Mind can employ.
Which is why a Rote is so powerful for it.
You can get all of the benefits of a powerful Yantra, a bunch of free Reach, and very low-paradox Reach in excess.
>>
>>53035564
or just an adept, really

free reeeaaach
>>
>>53035224
If you're thinking of running crossover either wait for the book or just increase the XP cost of arcana and rotes.
>>
>>53035591
not a fan of mind 2 shitting upon anything. the most common question my player with mind had in 1e was already "Does it have a mind?" Cos then he could fuck it."

The poor thrysus was like but "I can control it too".....
>>
>>53035635
To be fair, it's only ludicrously powerful at higher levels.
As are most other low dot Practices.

I really enjoy the payoff when it comes to experience.
>>
>>53035635
That's why Psychic Domination, and Exceptional Luck are the two spells I have a talk with players about before the game.

Shaping, to a much lesser degree after I ruled that that solid reach option doesn't allow you to mould it like water. More like very resilient clay. I mean otherwise the specified element that tools and weapons merely have a dice penalty imposed would be irrelevant, because you could just bend the barrel 90 degrees and call it a day.
>>
You guys SUCK
>>
File: 2bc.jpg (15KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
2bc.jpg
15KB, 600x583px
>>53035802
>>
Crossover works perfectly as long as you exclude Mage.

Discuss.
>>
>>53035907
Piss off
>>
>>53035907
>Mummy supremacy
>>
>>53035924
Fuck off
>>
>>53035907
Powerlevel jerking aside, crossovers also dont work because most splats have entirely different motives and goals from eachother.

The only one I could see sliding into almost any other line without too much trouble is Promethean.
>>
>>53035907
You still muddle the themes of games with a different focus. So while it might not be as much of a mechanical mess leaving mages out, its still a mess.
>>
File: SIDEBARS!.jpg (4MB, 1305x4325px) Image search: [Google]
SIDEBARS!.jpg
4MB, 1305x4325px
ALRIGHT SPORTS FANS!

This is one of the few bright points of M20. If you're going to run a game, how do you configure the background setting for a game that changed radically over three editions.

>>53035802
Yes. Yes we do.
>>
>>53035907
No the powerlevels of crossover work perfectly fine
The real reason crossovers dont work is splat specific restraints. Vampires can only operate at night, werewolves have to constantly pause to hunt something, promethians have to constantly be on the move, so on and so on
t. I ran three separate crossover campaigns the shortest of which ran for three months.
>>
File: Balder.jpg (42KB, 454x561px) Image search: [Google]
Balder.jpg
42KB, 454x561px
Obrimos make the best final bosses in Requiem Chronicles.

Discuss.
>>
>>53035907
But what will vampires do during the day? Will they just be able to come out during the day? If so, you'd have to consider how that would change the dynamic of their existence. They would finally be able to do things like travel safely, maintain human relationships more easily, and deeper entrench themselves into human society since they won't be relegated to the shadows. Their organizations would also be more influential.

Or you could just leave them as they are and only let vampire players play during the scenes that happen at night.
>>
>>53036047
Striges shaped into dicks by death magic is a far more fitting enemy for vampires
>>
>>53022903
Is it possible to find a Technocrat game? I think they would be extremely fun to play.
>>
>>53034375
If we're talking C20, then it's specifically noted that mental illness has nothing to do with Banality. Anton Stark is framed in terms of an abusive "alternate therapist" who isn't supported by modern psychiatric theory, and is part of a triune alongside two other regimens of "alternative therapy". One of them is referred to derisively as "pray away the fae".
>>
File: 1473070546510.jpg (38KB, 400x525px) Image search: [Google]
1473070546510.jpg
38KB, 400x525px
Can a Nosferatu in oWoD look badass scary or do they have to look gross ugly?
>>
>>53035907
Well, Mage brings its consensus stuff along with it that none of the other games really have any truck with, so excluding it saves you a lot of headaches about how the setting works if it isn't solidly real on its own or at least because it's supported by spirits. Shit doesn't change just because of belief, and there aren't any mind screws about what is real or not.
>>
File: nosferatu.jpg (665KB, 1000x739px) Image search: [Google]
nosferatu.jpg
665KB, 1000x739px
>>53036786
>Can a Nosferatu in oWoD look badass scary or do they have to look gross ugly?

They'll always be ugly enough to never pass as human (excluding if they're nearly completely covered up), but they can still use their ugliness to intimidate others, yes. This is even mentioned in the books, that Nosferatu are horrid at first impressions and social actions EXCEPT intimidation.

They don't gain any bonuses for it, though.
>>
Did Porthos actually disintergrate someone for touching his yogurt or is this just a meme?
>>
>>53037082
His midnight snack raids are legendary.
>>
My group is trying to decide on its next campaign and we want to branch out from what we usually play (which is either new vamp or old mage) and there is some interest in trying out demon the fallen. I have literally no experience or knowledge of fallen, other than that you play demons (in the Judaeo-Christian sense) and that it is fairly beloved. While I can read the setting stuff myself, is there anything mechanically I should be warned of, or something that might slow down a group of players new to fallen? Also any tips for running a campaign?
>>
>>53037199
Actually, D:tF is pretty much just in the Christian sense. Judaism and Islam don't place demons as fallen angels, which the characters of D:tF are.

As for the mechanics... it's about par for course for a game where no one checked the math. Ever. And they scoff at it.
>>
>>53037223
>where no one checked the math
how do you mean?
>>
>>53036001
Eh I played a Demon in VtR game with two other guys. While I could power through a lot of problems they could not the biggest problem was...FUCKIN DAYSLEEP.

Honestly we would be doing fine if not for the fact there was no reason for my character not to operate during the day while they were coffined indoors.
>>
So, quick question about Present as Past. It says everyone has to state their actions ahead of time, and then you can act whenever. Do they still have to take their stated action after you fuck with them? Or is it just a fancy initiative adjustment, because accelerate does that cheaper.
>>
>>53029100
>They may think it's love, but it's not. It's just an artificial sentiment conjured by blood bond, and nothing more of that

Not necessarily. There's also lingering attachment from when you were mortal, but the idea is that with time you really forget what genuine emotions feel like.
>>
>>53037314

It's oWoD.
>>
File: AKYashaa.jpg (104KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
AKYashaa.jpg
104KB, 500x354px
>>53029306
Problem with lower generation is that for all the benefits it also puts you on the map as a diablerie target. Yeah sure, someone could spend points to lower their generation or they could suck out your soul instead. This should especially be played up as a danger if you have any active Camarilla vs Sabbat story going on.
>>
>>53038338
This was droped in VtR2e
>>
File: Tome of Secrets 4.png (3MB, 1115x1463px) Image search: [Google]
Tome of Secrets 4.png
3MB, 1115x1463px
Which of the 20th Anniversary books has the best art and which one has the worst?
>>
>>53038604

Best: W20
Worst: V20
>>
>>53038933

I thought you were fucking with me, but it really is better than V20. Then again, hard to be worse than photoshopped photographs with instagram filters.
>>
File: cotr-v20.jpg (396KB, 854x1104px) Image search: [Google]
cotr-v20.jpg
396KB, 854x1104px
>>53038604
I don't like any of them because they moved towards shitty filtered images wherever they could. Not to mention horrendous lack of coherent style and uniformity because they're mixing and matching new with old to save money.
>>
>>53022279
Alright, so what was the reason oWoD got such a metric ton of books back in the day? Was the hobby simply at its peak or is there truth to the rumor retailers basically demanded new books each quarter to stock the base game material?
>>
>>53038349
The System works fine and is fun, I'll prefer oWoD rathen than the nWoD because of the successes only on 8 onwards, it just doesn't feel satisfying for me, no matter the dice pools, also some splats feels unispired (But others on the other hand, seem really nice, like Changeling or Geist, or even nDemon)

>>53037199
In DtF Demons/Angels were created by God and every one of them incorporate a concept and meaning, also there is the detail that everything once was with multiple facets, so it can also be said that they incorporated that thing, so they were born by it/for it during the first days of Creation.

Btw I master Demon, if you have some questions you can ask, I'm creating some character sheets right now so I even have the manuals at hand.
>>
>>53028514
I just want both retards to stop ruining these threads, it's been months now (if not longer since I only came back recently). Whether it's a magefag falseflagging or a vampfag being autistic, fucking stop
>>
>>53039741
Keeps the threads alive, I guess. You'd expect Mage players to be a bit more creative.
>>
>>53029468
>If you end up with a pair of Tremere lesbian incestous twins played by two dudes in your party

what. tell me more
>>
>>53030596
Which splat is this?
>>
>>53034264
Thanks anon! the book looks pretty nice
>>
>>53039951
Earthbound.
>>
Other than vampire and werewolf, which of the other splats would make for a good video game?
>>
>>53040031
I actually think Werewolf would be a rather difficult game to adapt if you really want to play up the importance of your Pack. I'm not talking some shitty RPG companions here.
>>
>>53040031
Hunter
>>
>>53040031
Demons would be quite interesting to play in a open world kind of game where you could search for paths and stuff like that.

For the CotD Changeling would be interesting.
>>
>>53040055

What about the Heart of Gaia premise?
>>
>>53040108
You mean being the last White Howler? That's the equivalent of Werewolf Gary Stu character.
>>
>>53040176

Sorry, no, should have been more specific. I meant more in the sense you go through your first Change without really knowing what you are.
>>
File: relief_face.jpg (33KB, 434x326px) Image search: [Google]
relief_face.jpg
33KB, 434x326px
>>53028915
>mfw you can just kill her in the evil ending after spending so long trying to re-unite

Redemption was weird in a sense that Humanity, stat that was used for nothing but gear checks, plays a big role in the final decision.
>>
>>53040612

I kind of wish that Faith also mattered. After all, Christof was a crusader.
>>
>>53040031
Ther'es a Ps2 game about hunter the Reckoning

Pretty sweet too if i remember
>>
>>53036047
Possibly, if they could have high positions in the Inquisition without getting toppled.

>>53040176
That's much less of an issue in a video game than it is in a tabletop one. I mean, the Bloodlines PC is horrendously Suish in terms of power level, but no one cares.
>>
>>53040634
I assume you could make use of it in MP with human characters, but it was straight up replaced by Humanity. It's also pretty clear Cristof loses his faith over the course of some events early on.
>>
New thread.
>>53040848
>>
>>53022949
Technocracy did nothing wrong, unless if by 'wrong' you mean 'try-to-avoid-a-world-where-snowflake-merlin-can-turn-your-lawn-into-a-pit-of-acid-because-you-accidentally-called-them-the-wrong-pronoun"
>>
>>53039582
>I thought you were fucking with me, but it really is better than V20. Then again, hard to be worse than photoshopped photographs with instagram filters.

The character portraits in W20 are beautiful, and more when you realize they are made originally by Ron Spencer. Talk about turning shit intogold
Thread posts: 304
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.