[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What could Guilliman be making on Terra? Super Duper Space Marines?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 18

File: C6AB9cuUwAAWvTp.jpg (158KB, 1000x850px) Image search: [Google]
C6AB9cuUwAAWvTp.jpg
158KB, 1000x850px
What could Guilliman be making on Terra?

Super Duper Space Marines? Mini Primarchs?
>>
>>53018006
Mr. Bone's Wild Ride.
>>
>>53018023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75J1PS5rmZs
>>
>>53018006
Vat grown big marines. Custodes lite, maybe? Something designed to move all the larger SM models GW made and previously planned to use after squatting the setting, Warhammer Fantasy style. Now they've pulled back to merely advancing the story/upping the peril, so they need some new fluff for them.
>>
Relentlessly fucking his father's eye-socket while crying "oh daddy !"
>>
>>53018006
Thunder Warriors 2.0. Hopefully they'll be a bit more stable this time round.
>>
can new geneseed be made from a primarch'sa blood perhaps?
>>
>>53018349
>>53019014
gee willickers i sure do hope these new space marines don't go fucking traitor like last time
>>
>>53019043
Theres no such thing as a decision with no risks anon.
>>
>>53018006
Space Marines minus the autism.
>>
>>53018006
He's making better space marines like what Corax did during the Horus Heresy after getting devastated at Istvaan.
>>
>>53018006
Finishing the webway portal his pops started?
>>
I'm honestly hoping they are less 'Marine 2.0' and more say 'Ogrun Scale Shocktrooper Marine'. Something that doesn't fill the same role of marines already.
>>
>>53019253
I think that's what's gonna happen. He said to those devastated by loss, he brings reinforcement. I'm thinking they will be like new elite choices for marines, like a step between a marine and a custodes in terms of ability and equipment.
>>
>>53018006
Well, one thing would be grav-tanks. Since the tech was lost to build them during the Heresy.

And Gully, being a meticulous fuck would certainty know how to at least repair the ones collecting dust on Terra.
>>
>>53019270
He can't just merge the chapters so he's just going to make a new one at crusade strength.
>>
>>53018006
Ultra Marines™
>>
>>53018006
>>53019275
Remember that it's Cawl making all of this stuff for Guilliman, not the Primarch himself. Bobby G didn't suddenly become a Magos during his millennia of stasis.
>>
>>53019243
Considering his elf cock sheath, I suspect this is part of it, the Sisters of Silence guarding it will be a bonus.
>>
>>53019270
I think it'll be something like this, a create your own marine elite slot.
>>
>>53018006
A brand new chapter of marines and a primarch son of his own to lead them named Sigmar.
>>
>>53019364
Not Cato Sigmarius?
>>
>>53019295
True but almost every Primarch has some kind of super autism power when it comes to some part of imperium life.

Girlyman given 10 years could likely reverse engineer grav tanks or he could unfuck the munitorium and high lords of terra.

Imagine how well off the imperium would be with reliable functioning logistics.

Truly we would be able to drown the enemies of man in bodies and lasfire.
>>
>>53019388
Guilliman possessed a fantastic mind for logistics and leadership, but was always reliant on the Magi of the Martian Priesthood when it came to anything technological, and Cawl's been doing that job for longer than Guilliman's been active by many a time.

Put simply, if it's technological or scientific and Cawl can't do it, Guilliman has no chance.
>>
>>53019014
I hope they are actually thunder warriors and not just mini-clones of guilliman. The idea of guilliman using an old and dangerous process out of desperation to repair the imperium is neat.
>>
how big of a chance is that GW goes full SJW and the numarines end up being female only?
>>
>>53019593
Virtually 0, considering in the trailer they seem very masculine in appearance.

That being said, this might open the way for female marines if certain writers get their hands on it.
>>
>>53019593
No fucking way are they that retarded. Plus we've seen them already, they're dudes.
>>
>>53019203
we all remember how THAT went...
>>
>>53019704
Corax was fucked over by Alpharius.
>>
>>53018006
What if, the note about "weapons fitting their size and shit" is not lore-meant and just a hint to the true scale marines? Because, what he basicly is doing is making more Space Marines, to offer reinforcments for the weaker chapters, and aren't some of them near to extinction? Like the Lamenters for example?
>>
>>53019704
I don't

what did corax do
what happened?
>>
On a semi related note i liked the announcement trailer. I feel it was suitably powerful and rowboat came of fittingly pompous
>>
>>53019922
He made genetic abominations instead of marines.
>>
>>53019922
Alpharius poisoned his seed and all corax's children ended up having feathers
>>
>>53019014
Thunder Warriors are stronger than Space Marines?
>>
>>53020074
They were stronger and bigger but unstable as fuck. They were phased out by the Emperor because they didnt have the lifespan necessary to engage in centuries long crusades like he was planning.
>>
>>53019043
They could always put some remote triggered bombs in their brains just incase
>>
>>53020100
Sure there's no possible way that could end badly
>>
>>53018006
Adeptus Indomitus. Like >>53018349 said they were already mostly designed before they changed their mind about AoS'ing 40k, so they had to find a way to make them fit in the existing lore rather than just being the new Space Marines. They're now mindless cyborg super Marines controlled by either the Adeptus Mechanicus or the Adeptus Astartes depending on what force they're bolstering (Mechanicus get them because they helped design them alongside Guilliman). They require a seargent unit who basically feeds them orders through his ipad to operate, and thus can't fully replace the Space Marine chapters since they're big and slow and require support to run, but they do their job of being massive beatsticks admirably and now form the tip of the spear in Space Marine attacks. You can run a purely Indomitus army (with a few non Indomitus units like HQ) or you can run them alongside any Space Marine army or Mechanicus army. And early next year they'll release Chaos Indomitus who are looted by Hereteks who reprogram them and give them a Chaos makeover.

My dad is Nintendo, you can trust me.
>>
>>53020520
It would lame if they are simply larger skitarii in power armor.
>>
They're making Ultramarines into their own unique faction with the new models, old Marine models cannot be fielded in this army so if you want to run the cool new models you need to start an entirely new army of them.
>>
>>53018006
Orlanthi Ass Cancer.
>>
File: 1490996310408.jpg (78KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
1490996310408.jpg
78KB, 600x448px
>>53020592
Post yfw
>they have 10 in all stats
>the minis are designed by the same guys who did wulfen and fyreslayers
>>
File: 40k sigmarines.jpg (131KB, 564x438px) Image search: [Google]
40k sigmarines.jpg
131KB, 564x438px
>>53018006
These guys
>>
>>53020520
Im gonna ahit if it takes a fucking year to give chaos anything new besides death guard and indomitus ffs
>>
>>53018006
Pretty misleading picture. He tells himself he's wrong for thinking such things right after that line.
>>
>>53018006
I'm just waiting for civil war 2. When the Lion wakes up, and his brother Wolfy McViking comes back, they're not going to bend the knee to Gulliman. The Lion still distrusts him from when he fucked off while the empire was on fire to build the Second Empire, and Russ just doesn't like him.
>>
>>53021400
Did Russ ever like anyone except for that weird hateboner he had with Lion?
>>
>>53018006
A grognard's worst nightmare.

Eldar-Human hybrids.
>>
>>53021433
He's gonna make a plenty alright.
>>
>>53021433
They mean in the vats, not in Yvraine.
>>
>>53021400
Nah Imperium Civil War would be too grim for them.
>>
>>53021456
The vats are a metaphor.
>>
>>53021088
Sanguinary Guard?
>>
>>53018006
Babies, with celestine.

>a qt angel will never cry tears of joy when you come out of a coma then give you her favourite hat
>>
>>53021550
Nah, he's probably just using a reference picture to give you an idea of what they'll approximately look like. Similar to Sanguinary Guard certainly.

But Guilliman is making Guillicast™ Eternals™, who are going to launch Sigma- I mean, Guilliman's™ Great Counter Attack™ against Chaos™ which has consumed most of the Mortal Rea- I mean, the 40k Galaxy™
>>
>>53021650
We already know what they look like though.
>>
File: uBFtrdl.png (407KB, 600x652px) Image search: [Google]
uBFtrdl.png
407KB, 600x652px
>>53019416
>bringing old dangerous thunder warriors back to make space marines in a hurry
>they're reckless and effective and capable of being corrupted by the chaos they fight
>neat acknowledgement of old lore and splits the emperor from guilliman by forcing him to use an older weapon from a less civilized age

MUUHHHHH DIIIIIIICCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>53021650
Except unlike AoS Chaos hasn't consumed the majority of the Galaxy. Imperium still overwhelmingly controls most of everything.
>>
>>53021468
The Lion and Russ aren't going to work for him, unless he chills out, but HH novels depict him as an autistic spaz when it comes to his brothers so I wouldn't hold my breath.
>>
>>53021785
They will if they appear. Sorry dude, but Imperium doesn't do Grim anymore, its all up from here, they will not have Primarchs on the Loyalist side actually fight each other. Everything will work out fine and they'll always be stronger for it.
>>
>What could Guilliman be making on Terra?
He's making a desperate attempt at avoiding Age of Shitmar 40k
>>
>>53021827
I really doubt that. Also how the fuck do they not do Grim anymore? Cadia literally just bit the bullet.
>>
>>53018006
AGE OF SIGMAR IN SPACE!
>>
>>53021971
And that was it. After years of hyping the Fall of Cadia pretty much spelling doom for the Imperium its destruction ended up leading to no further significant territorial losses for the Imperium we are aware of. Not to mention it showed us that Abaddon's entire fleet is afraid to engage the Phalanx on its own and it says on the new 40k site that Cadia is actually still being fought over now.

Cadia's destruction really wasn't that grimdark at all.
>>
>>53021971
I was gonna say they usually don't bring back a few legendary characters and add super-super soldiers to make up for bad shit, but then again they also haven't torn the entire fucking galaxy in half like the chaos gods just ripped up a map either.

So nevermind, I really want to see how things go for each side of that rift.
>>
>>53021456
>This heretic hasn't read Dune
Laughing_Tleilax.png
>>
>>53022036
LITERALLY RIPPED THE GALAXY IN HALF
Look at the map, how the fuck is that Cadia "it"
>>
>>53022087
Beacuse what other major worlds or battles have been lost? Name them.

If the Imperium has lost so many important worlds and forces, give me the names, provide the facts.
>>
File: galaxy map.jpg (405KB, 2000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy map.jpg
405KB, 2000x1600px
>>53022036
>>53022113
If you think no Imperial worlds were lost in this massive Warp fissure, you're genuinely retarded.

>and it says on the new 40k site that Cadia is actually still being fought over now.

Probably a mistake, there's nothing left of Cadia to fight over.
>>
>>53022113
I already did, they haven't lost the worlds yet, but a warp storm cuts the galaxy in half and you think it doesn't mean anything? Why bother posting if you want to make assumptions on how things are gonna go but other people need to provide extra concrete shit?
>>
>>53022138
Oh shit One of my homebrew chapters' homeworld is either consumed, or just on the edge (and away from Terra)
>>
>>53022138
Well provide the sources. Name a single major Imperial world lost other than Cadia. If its all so bad, you should have tons of names.

And no, the site clearly states that even though devastated that the battle for Cadia continues cause its seen as an important potential morale boost

Not to mention we got the Indomitus Crusade now coming to reclaim even more ground, even though the Imperium already controls most of the galaxy.
>>
>>53022138
This is so, so incredibly similar to one of the /tg/ alt universe projects that was floating around back in the day.

The one where the Warmaster was sneaky and assassinated the Emperor, the Imperium is mostly Chaos, and there are traitor Mehreens chilling in Commoragh.
>>
>>53022254
But it isn't like that at all. The Imperium isn't mostly Chaos and Commoragh is full of Daemons, not Traitors.
>>
>>53022230
>And no, the site clearly states that even though devastated that the battle for Cadia continues cause its seen as an important potential morale boost

So, the Imperium is trying to reclaim it.

Cadia was lost 100%. Every living thing on it either left or died at the end of its storyline. There's nothing actually left, the mere fact that the Imperium thinks wading into the extended Eye of Terra to retake an uninhabitable ball of rock is a good idea for PR purposes is pretty grimdark in and of itself.
>>
>>53022230
So legit question, have you actually been diagnosed with autism?
>>
>>53022230
Nigga, your info is outdated.

Cadia is shattered and is swallowed in the warp, its dead. Check it in the lexicanum and Gathering Storm 3: The fall of Cadia. And its not just the planet that's lost but the entire Cadian Gate.
>>
>>53022268
The 'giant Warp storm cuts the galaxy in half' thing, providing clear battlelines and choke points that make for easy writing.
>>
>>53022323
That'st just fucking lazy. The galaxy isn't 2D, you can't cut it like a terrestrial map.
>>
>>53022360
>Lazy writing from GW
oWo what's this?
>>
>>53022360
>That'st just fucking lazy. The galaxy isn't 2D

Neither is a warp storm.
>>
>>53022387
Its been decades, they should have learned. Eh fuck it, after AoS i shouldn't be surprised if 40k devolves into nothing but Chaos and Super Spacemarine marines, with the other factions being pushed into the shitter.
>>
>>53022360
You appear to be assuming that Warp storms are 2D.

The fact is, is a thick enough storm were to cut through the galactic plane, there's a point at which going 'over' or 'under' it becomes a ridiculously tedious and messy affair, especially when your ships use such a notoriously unstable FTL system.
>>
>>53022411
You can't fucking cover an entire galactic plane. Unless they're pulling legs and go "yeah they totally can, like everything" shit. That map is stupid lazy no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>53022490
Galaxies aren't an unlimited sphere, if you have a rift that damn near bisects the disk then what? Use your direct travel methods to launch yourself damn near out of the galaxy itself then swoop up?
>>
>>53022475
Isolating star systems is fine. Cutting the entire Galaxy in literal half is stupid. Age of Sigmar stupid.
>>
>>53022490
I think you're just too stupid to understand the map and how travel works in 40k.
>>
>>53020074
Thunder Warriors where human orcs: Bigger, more aggressive and more powerful than marines in every way, but they were both expensive/hard to make, and unstable. Thunder warrior is the expensive and super functional prototype, Marines are the streamlined, mass produced product, and Primarchs are custom-built, limited edition, deluxe collector itens.
>>
>>53022517
The rift itself cutting from all dimensions of the galaxy is stupid and lazy anon. That't the point, you can't rationalize it realistically, its GW doing GW stuff.
>>
>>53022523
I understand the concept of the map and 40k being stupid, i also see that they took stupid to another step.
>>
>>53022577
>I understand the concept of the map

You clearly don't.
>>
>>53022552
...a galaxy is a shape, even if there's no north and south there's an up and down if you look at it from an outside perspective.

You know a galaxy isn't an entire universe, right? Think of a plate cracking, from teh map you only see the crack. There' actually a split top to bottom.

What the fuck is so confusing?
>>
>>53022543
Retconned.
Master of Mankind confirms Thunder Warriors were weaker than Marines.
>>
File: Squat.jpg (64KB, 738x936px) Image search: [Google]
Squat.jpg
64KB, 738x936px
>>53018006
>yfw he's creating the new Squats
>>
>>53020074
Their technology is worse & they're unstable as fuck but yeah.
>>
>>53018006

Where is this coming from? The Lexicanum only says he's reoganizing the forces of the Imperium and doesn't mention that he's making something entirely new.
>>
File: 50923943.jpg (51KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
50923943.jpg
51KB, 576x1024px
>>53022778
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_wXCBDiLEA
>>
>>53022617
Through the filter of a custodes, whereas in Outcast Dead we see a thunder warriors fuck astartes.
>>
>>53020074
One thunder warrior beat the shit out of six marines trying to escape Terra in Outcast Dead
>>
>>53022961
Do you understand what a retcon is?
>>
>>53022617
No it states he had a plan to kill them all once finished with them....just like he planned to do with the Astartes....there was a reason why Custodes seemed to be really extra special good at killing Astares...Horus turning is the only thing that saved ALL the Astartes...think on that...
>>
>>53023063
And do you understand different characters see the world differently....to Astartes the Custodes cannot compete with them because they as it was put "fight wrong" because Astartes fight as a team and Custodes all are fighting on their own...so going by your rules that means Custodes Suck....but we know they do not
>>
It was just that Word Bearers perception Astartes were better
>>
>>53023075
>No it states he had a plan to kill them all once finished with them

No, it says the Thunder Warriors are too weak to fight the war the Astartes must.

>>53023129
>And do you understand different characters see the world differently

The Custode is a experienced neutral party. Maybe even biased against Space Marines.
>>
>>53021218
Not quite. He acknowledges that the Imperuim as it is is in no way what the Emperor or his sons wanted. That it is a bloated, rotting mockery of everything mankind is capable of, and that it's a dark stain on the galaxy as a whole. But he then decided to pick himself up and make it better.

He decided that while the Imperium may be a pile of rotting shit, the only way it can get clean is for someone to get a shovel.
>>
>>53021400
Would Guilliman even want them to bend knee? Or in any way tolerate someone saying they should? They're his brothers, fellow Primarchs with all that entails, and he well aware of his own flaws. If anything I can see Roboute Space Roman asking them to form a Triumvirate.
>>
>>53023075
The astartes were loyal enough to be let live and maintain order though, the thunder warriors were even less reliable than horus.

>>53023207
>the custode is a experienced neutral party
The custodes were the some of those tasked with destroying the thunder warriors, as an army of raping psychopaths would no place in the imperium and would pose a threat to big E, hardly a neutral part.

seeing a thunder warrior rip shit up > custode view
>>
>>53021400
Russ is a cunt who hates everyone anyway, you don't become the emperors executioner by making friends.
>>
>>53021400
>they're not going to bend the knee to Gulliman
he spends the bulk of his internal musing moping about how much he wants to just talk to his bros about how fucked up everything is, since they're the only ones who would understand
>>
>>53023349
>hardly a neutral part.

But he totally is. As a Custode he is tasked with cutting down whoever the Emperor wants.
He is expected to be able to give a frank view of strength.
He views the Astartes as clearly superior and the Thunder Warriors too weak to fight their wars.
He is as unbiased as you can get considering he killed the Thunder Warriors and has been killing Space Marines.
>>
True Communism
>>
>>53021433
>>53021599
Reminder that Rowboat must remain pure, or he falls over dead.
(Can't take off the armor, anons.)
>>
>>53022176
Oh daaaaaaaaaaamn!
Hope things work out for 'em!
(Any cool lore bits to 'em?)
>>
>>53022600
>>53022612
You know, normally I don't pull out this word, but you guys are debating a fucking autist right now. Just let it go.
>>
>>53018006
A warp portal to get everyone sensible out of the hellish regime known as the Imperium.
>>
>>53022717
Any lore on these guys? All I read was they were scrapped before an army was made and a single quote about them being space dwarves.
>>
>>53019626
Trailer? Linky?
>>
>>53023945
He just has to remove his holy codpiece.
>>
>>53023945
Damn, the odor must get bad.
>>
>>53023373
>Russ is a cunt who hates everyone anyway

This.
Wolves without Russ ->Awesome Chapter/Legion
Wolves with Russ->Bunch of drunkard bullies.
>>
>>53019416
>>53021739
I swear to God you Thunder Warriors fag are the worst.
Outcast Dead shouldn't even exist t start with and you guys furiously wank over small extracts of that book.
>>
File: aVgWVrVB_700wa_0.gif (207KB, 399x219px) Image search: [Google]
aVgWVrVB_700wa_0.gif
207KB, 399x219px
>>53024125
>>
File: 1490802287898.jpg (78KB, 554x564px) Image search: [Google]
1490802287898.jpg
78KB, 554x564px
>>53022475
>>53022490
>mfw the galactic void is still the same
Truely, we were right to go on Exile.
>>
>>53024172
So, random question - if we were only bringing back two more Loyalists (yeah, giant if, scenario pulled out of ass, whatever), but not Russ or Lion (yes, yes, Lion, Angels, 'loyal', whatever), which two would you pick?
>>
>>53022998
>Citing Outcast Dead as a source
>Ever
>>
>>53024267
Vulkan and Magnus.
>>
>>53024303
As in, you want Magnus to go Loyalist, or is this just a 'did nothing wrong' joke?
Also, at that point, we've got Roboute making UltraUltras, and presumably Magnus doing something cool with psykers - what neat new semi-unnecessary SM unit would you have Vulkan make?
>>
>>53024423
>Magnus doing something with psykers
Say again? A demon primarch, strongest psyker alive, meddling with humanity's psyker's gene can't be good
>>
>>53024051
>>53022717
They never existed
>>
>>53023979
I have a 12 page PDF, but the gist is that they're 2nd Founding Iron Hands who received a Forge World from the Machanicus. So their specialty is relic-tech.
Where I left them in 999.M41, they were being hit by an assault of a large Black Legion warband (another homebrew) that controlled their own dark empire (about a hundred worlds or so) nearby.
I guess the most narrative compelling thing to do would be for them to live, their homeworld and chapter beaten and bloody and now cut off from reinforcements. Which also, for my chaos homebrew, opens up the possibility for a civil war campaign to play with friends, as, with their leader dead on the space marine's homeworld, the factions left behind begin to war over the stellar realm.
>>
>>53024806
How do I make a homebrew? I've never played the game, but I figured I could toss out an idea or two.
>>
>>53024881
Come up with fluff and a paint scheme and make some minis.
>>
>>53024890
>make some minis.
How much do they cost? That's one of the two reasons I haven't played it.
>>
>>53024920
Look at the damn shop. Duh.
>>
>>53024920
>>53025141
You don't even need minis really, Deathwatch RPG fully supports homebrews with semi-custom rules and the DoWs have (albeit sometimes annoyingly limited) army painters.
>>
>>53019772
>>53020013
>muh alpha legion hackers
Corax was the hillary clinton of the 31st century.
>>
>>53021971
At the same time as they were setting up Eldar and Humanity to put aside their differences and be bffs. So grim.
>>
>>53022302
Asking someone on /tg/ if they're autistic is like asking someone on /mlp/ if they want to have sex with animals.
>>
>>53025501
A Yes, but... question?
>>
>>53023075
So Horus did nothing wrong?
>>
>>53019922
The Emperor, via telepathy, showed Corax how to make Space Marines. Corax made new Space Marines to make up for his losses at Istvaan and these Marines were actually stronger then the earlier ones in the Great Crusade because the genetic material of the Primarch himself was available. Things were going good for a while but then Alpha Legion contaminated the new geneseed with daemon blood.
>>
>>53023945
Superman gave wonder woman a jar of his super jizz once, incase the world needed to be repopulate with kryptonian/Amazonian super humans.

Gulliman could do the same with an order of sisters...naturally born space marines
>>
>>53024257
I wonder if the Carcharodons will show up doing some RIP AND TEAR
>>
>>53020520
>mindless cyborg super Marines controlled by either the Adeptus Mechanicus or the Adeptus Astartes depending on what force they're bolstering (Mechanicus get them because they helped design them alongside Guilliman). They require a seargent unit who basically feeds them orders through his ipad to operate

that's kind of the fluff for my dudes anyway.
>>
>>53020100
Oh yeah, because that worked fine for Mad Doc Grotsnik.
>>
>>53025745
>mindless supermarines controlled by X

So loyalist version of Rubric Marines?
>>
>>53024423
Magnus purged Fenris so hard both for Prospero and because he foresaw the Wolves falling to Chaos. Either because he didn't want them bullying his Sons when they're all Khorne'd up or because he's as much of a closet Loyalist as Alpharius.

Either way Russ is going to pissed enough to actually fall when he hears the news and Magnus had to be aware of that.
>>
File: emperor stupid.png (753KB, 698x389px) Image search: [Google]
emperor stupid.png
753KB, 698x389px
>>53021433
>>
>>53018006
Thunder Warriors? Super Marines? Why not both?

One process to create supersoldiers like the Thunder Warriors of old, creating expendable yet powerful troops to deploy to warzones.

The second process is altering existing geneseed to improve implantation compatibility so older troops with combat experience can be made into Space Marines, and to reduce fatalities from implantation. Think Spartan IIIs rather than Spartan IIs.
>>
>>53031429
Hey, this is coming from the guy who started the Webway project just so he could get access to Eldar prostitutes.
>>
what is happening in outside the milky way? I need to know!
>>
>>53033556
Tyranids are eating shit.
>>
File: 21st Founding in a nutshell.jpg (20KB, 300x282px) Image search: [Google]
21st Founding in a nutshell.jpg
20KB, 300x282px
>>53019014
This makes the most sense to me. I've seen a lot of people saying GW's going to use this to introduce FemMarines, but I'm not sure about that unless they're going to say the AdMech on Mars has better gene engineering technology than the Emperor did back during the Primarch Project (which is doubtful, to say the least).

>>53020520
This would also make sense. Given the Imperium's current tech level I don't see them being capable of improving on the Emperor's designs in any meaningful way without some serious drawbacks. Just look at how the Cursed Founding went.

>>53021188
You're getting a new codex with 8th edition.
>>
File: superiorpeace.jpg (52KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
superiorpeace.jpg
52KB, 750x600px
>>53019626
That would be a big turning point. Adding femme Astartes would signal a major shift in doctrine for the Imperium.
>>
>Space Marines aren't working let's make BIGGER Space Marines.

I love the Imperium
>>
>>53023290
Guilliman seemed to have no fucking problem turning the Imperial Navy loose on Rogal fucking Dorn when Dorn resisted Guilliman's Codex Astartes reforms post-Heresy.
>>
>>53034599
>Adding femme Astartes would signal a major shift in doctrine for the Imperium.
How so?
Females can be literally anything else in the Imperium.
>>
>>53034702
This.

Hell they probably could have become the Empress if one of the female Perpetuals actually bothered to go full Machiavellian.
>>
Is there any Loren or prose available detailing Guilliman waking up and reacting to the imperium?

I want this shit so bad right now.
>>
>>53034935
Anyone who's been around that long would not ever want to be leading such a shitshow.
>>
File: Untitled.png (693KB, 687x962px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
693KB, 687x962px
>>53035127
It's pretty good for the most part. Some of it's a bit weird though, like his surprise at the prevalence of religion, which should only come as surprise to him if he got his throat slashed inside of a month of the Horus Heresy, if even that long.

The Ecclisiarchy was the state religion after violently crushing all its competition before even the last of the loyalists Primarchs had disappeared.
>>
>>53034153
Confirm this new chaos codex thats not deathguard fag
>>
>>53029957
pretty much. just technology instead of magic
>>
>>53018006
He's making SJW Space Marines who support transgenders on imperial air waves.
>>
>>53035285
GW said all the current codices are going to be invalid under the new ruleset (due to Movement value and such) so they're going to release updated versions of every codex alongside 8th.
>>
>>53018006
I dunno maybe he's fixing the goddamn Throne?
>>
>>53036081
>oh well no wonder it wasn't plugged in all the way
>>
>>53036094

>have you tried turning it off and on again
>>
>>53036115
>lemme just........................
>*flips USB over, reinserts*
>>
I just can't wait until he gets around to being angry about Calth.
Until another Primarch shows up, that's all I want.
>>
I hope there are female numarines because it wouldn't be any more stupid than all post 4th ed 40k lore and it'd be funny to watch people freak out. Both the people who think girls have cooties and the ones who get triggered by females with recognisable female features.
>>
>>53023945
>implying the poison won't just work its way thru him
that's what the Eldar are telling him so that he doesn't take all the womyn
>>
>>53036176
>post 4th ed 40k lore
>one of the grimdark jizz drinkers
No, anon, people like you are what's wrong with the setting.
Too many newfags demand their hurrdurr grimdarkness when 40k was always designed to be as over the top ridiculous and silly as can be, ripping off all manner of other properties sometimes nakedly (and usually poorly).
People like you were mad that jokaero were reintroduced, and can't accept that proper 40k is every awesome metal album from the 80s because you are too busy sucking the 90s EXXXTREME cock.
>>
>>53022830
>Indomitus Crusade

MUH DICC
>>
>>53036219
I mean I like the 80s shit and all but nigga you're putting way too many words in people's mouth. Why bother talking to other people if you're going to make their argument for them before arguing against it? They don't even need to talk when you've just been waiting for an excuse to rant.
>>
>>53036263
As it's not an excuse to rant, but a running issue with 40k, your post has no merit.
People demanding 40k to be something that it never actually was, but is all they know, is a problem, and you see it very often on /tg/.
It's basically how you know most 40k players on this site are in their early 20s.
>>
>>53021550
>>53021650
Actually it was intended to fuck with people who don't pay attention to the game but still freak out over muh AoS.

I'm actually proud, no one went full retard.
>>
>>53036291
But you weren't arguing with anyone, you were making up your own shit and projecting it on someone because you didn't like what they said. I know you're mad that people are allowed to like things you don't but it's okay, you don't have to be a faggot about it.

And grimdark grimdarkness isn't something it never actually was. GW did it for a while, they kinda stepped away from the old 80s design, a lot.
>>
>>53036135
>opens skull
>blows in the cartridge

>here it should go now
>>
>>53036328
>GW did it for a while, they kinda stepped away from the old 80s design, a lot.
And amazingly enough, they brought it back for 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th edition.
But people still insist the GRIMDARK is all 40k is about and anything else is wrong, despite it being an outlier, and complain that it isn't "muh 40k".
It's the same as holdouts for 3.5 D&D complaining that it isn't "true" D&D anymore. I'm tired of a gross minority acting as though what they think is the one true path, despite everyone else (which is apparently everyone except /tg/), including GW, believes.
>>
>>53034702
Bear in mind, keeping the Astartes all male helps limit their population. They have to depend on their homeworld or whatever recruitment source they get to provide new recruits.
With female Astartes, you would see a much more reliable source of genetically compatible recruits. They don't even need a male Astartes present; figuring out Artificial Insemination is not too big a leap for a decently smart Apothecary. And with better genetic compatibility, you get more mileage out of your gene-seed supply.
Bigger, self-sustaining chapters of post-human murder savants. That would be a big change in Imperial society.
>>
>>53036451
just keep pumping them full of geneseed and eventually they could be breeding full primarchs
>>
>>53036552
no

primarchs involved warp related procedures

you can't vat-grow souls
>>
>>53036588
>Artificial Insemination
>Vat Grown

two different things anon.
>>
>>53023423
I think what anons are trying to get at is that astartes with longer lifespan, better creation methods, better organization, better ability to function as a unit make them superior to thunder warriors, that doesn't invalidate that a thunder warrior was better than an astartes 1v1 or that the great strength and ferocity of Thunder warriors didn't have merit, just on a scale of galactic conquest the pros of the astartes made them superior in the long run
>>
I just want to know how much bigger the new models will be.
>>
>>53034153
Why not both approaches? Powerful FemMarines who yet need to be controlled by men :^)
>>
>>53018006
The real question us what the fuck do they have now that Corax didnt have before?
>>
>>53023642
No such thing
>>
Girlyman's gonna die, boy.
>>
File: 1308891468096.jpg (93KB, 533x639px) Image search: [Google]
1308891468096.jpg
93KB, 533x639px
>>53036831
They're going to be this much bigger in the chest region.
>>
>>53020100
>Marine gets warp corrupted
>The bomb is infected
>Becomes sentient lifeform fused to the Numarines skull
>Constantly spits fireballs at things that get too close

this is how your "bomb" idea would end
>>
>>53020865
GW has worked the last few years to de-Ward the Smurfs. They are made to be flawed and likable in the HH novels at least.
>>
>>53022036
Imperium is in a load of chaos atm similar to the HH.

Abaddon went from Cadia to Macragge without opposition, the whole northern Imperium is basically a huge mess and nobody knows what's going on
>>
>>53019404
>the Imperium expects Guilliman to charge into the battlefield
>instead he shows up at the Administratum in heavy robes with bags of Imperialis Doritorii and locks himself in with the Administratum's records, manifests, and procedures
>nobody sees him for a full six months
>finally comes out smelling of piss, shit, and cheese dust, but the Imperial logistics system is finally unclogged thanks to his autism
>>
>>53037508
You mean shitty teenage angst: the series.
>>
>>53022314
IIRC it was stated somewhere that the Imperium is trying to reclaim the Cadia region, the planet itself is gone though yer
>>
>>53022360
Warp storms aren't 2D either. If you want to get from galactic north to galactic south you'll have to pass through the warp storms. Keep in mind in 40k you can't just go anywhere, there are warp routes.

I mean, you could try to go below the galactic plain then pop up, but it's almost assured that would take you outside the range of the Astronomicon.
>>
>>53022475
More relevant to going under/over is it'd take you out of the range of the Astronomican, or at least GW could easily write that way.
>>
>>53022490
The Galaxy is a limited space

The Warp is literally endless and does not abide by the material laws of physics

Why can't the latter cover part of the former?
>>
>>53024267
Corax and Khan, bring back the underappreciated
>>
>>53034599
Fem astartes are a jump the shark moment for even the stupid setting of 40k

Super Marines are only going to work if they're just a type of new elite astarte spread throughout the chapters in very limited numbers like centurion suits are. Otherwise they will fail
>>
>>53024267
Dorn as a dreadnought and Ferrus as a member of the legion of the damned, even in death they still serve.
>>
>>53020088
>phased out by the Emperor
kek
>>
>>53021456
>>53021433
>Eldar-Human hybrids.
>They mean in the vats, not in Yvraine.
RiP my sides
>>
>>53037030
A shit ton of Faith and Sororitas blood.
>>
File: ET TU FEELUS.png (191KB, 677x782px) Image search: [Google]
ET TU FEELUS.png
191KB, 677x782px
>>53018006
>Tfw Guillimen will just be more wank for smurfs to wack off too
>Tfw Guillimen wont see Smurfs driven into the mud and beaten mercilessly by the rest of the Imperium

goddamn I fucking hate the smurfs
>>
>>53036451
It's simpler, removing even 10% of the males out of a population doesn't result in a population decline, removing 10% of females does.
As far as population growth and biology goes, you don't need a 50-50 male - female equilibrium on a planet. You just need females. Starting to recruit women Astartes would shift populations. Some IG have mixed regiments, some only recruit males, but usually the majority of your troops better be males.

Also if you know just how insanely fine tuned hormones are to make sure the egg gets fertilized and baby happens, I'm quite sure it's incompatible with being a genetically and chemically engineered super human.
Fem-marines don't make sense.
>>
>>53036451
>Bigger, self-sustaining chapters of post-human murder savants.
And exactly why the High Lords would never allow it. And Guilliman wouldn't either, if he had the least bit of sense (which remains to be seen).
>>
>>53022830
Why listening to this I have this huge boner thinking of humanity kicking ass and taking names??

It will be alright.. right? It will not be a disappointment.. right? Guys?
>>
>>53020520
they decided to nix AoS'ing 40k? When did we find out this?
>>
>>53037693
That's sensible, which is why GW doesn't care.

Technically, by taking the most genetically-compatible boys from a population before they're of reproductive age, marines are genetically selecting populations against being compatible with them. Yet even after 10,000 years at probably a rate of a thousand aspirants or more a year, there is zero recorded effect. Some chapters recruit widely, but many don't.

Because GW doesn't care about being the least bit accurate when it comes to something as complicated as highschool statistics or biology.
>>
>>53020100
>bomb in brain is infected with chaos
>do chaos' bidding or get smeared
>>
>>53020088
>phased out
I think the word you're looking for is "betrayalmurderfucked"
>>
>>53034935
>The Emperor is just a Perpetual
Fuck off.
>>
>>53019593
>>53019626
>>53034702
>>53036451
>>53037693
>>53038314
The process to create an Astartes has an insanely low success rate, they recruit only the strongest inhabitants of death worlds, then only one in a thousands of those (the absolute strongest humans in the galaxy) survives the procedure and training. No way a woman makes the initial cut, let alone makes it and then survives with a drastic reduction of the already low survival rates (since the procedure would be far more taxing on a woman's body). Literally impossible odds.
>>
>>53022230
Dude come on. It even says in the book its pretty much Old Night all over again. Worlds will have been lost all over the place. Thats the whole point of the new crusade.
Also Cadia is in the warp now. Its fucked.
>>
File: 1492435497442.jpg (62KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492435497442.jpg
62KB, 400x500px
>>53037683

deal with it, pleb
>>
>>53037030
Lack of Alpha Legion shenanigans.
>>53037501
>>53038903
Implant a Psyk-out grenade and laugh at the hapless demon who thought corrupting a guillicast eternal was a good idea
>>
>>53018006
Yeah, but this is GW. Disappointment is their stock in trade.
>>
>>53037508
That you posted this at all gives away how little you know about 40k.
Protip: ANYONE that complains about "Wardian Smurfs" is a 40k newfag that didn't take the time to look at any of the older codices.
>>
>>53037482
They won't reveal that the new marines are women until after people buy the helmeted models.

Then they will drop some backstory that the marines never remove their armor, but someone catches a glimpse after one dies, or something similar.
Thread posts: 224
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.