[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 61

File: ZomboMeme 30042017234605.jpg (273KB, 1250x839px) Image search: [Google]
ZomboMeme 30042017234605.jpg
273KB, 1250x839px
Attack on Titan edition

>resources
pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Previous thread: >>52983238

Rumors of GHB2: Same ability no longer stack; point increase for all 9"+ shooting unit; prayer is limited to rule of one...
>>
reposting from last thread- what are some chaos units or abilities i can use to buff up nurglings that isnt morbidex twiceborn?
>>
File: 20170501_173534.png (73KB, 498x393px) Image search: [Google]
20170501_173534.png
73KB, 498x393px
Reposting pic so other sky brothers know to always take what you are owed.
>>
>>53013257
Eh this is a non issue at our store and pretty much any event or tournament since measuring is done from base to base.
>>
>>53013257
Name one flgs/GW stick to model to model measure only.
>>
Bets on next release TG?
>>
File: 20160722_014936.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160722_014936.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>53013129
Riddle me this Siganons:

-Why would there be a never ending war in a setting that is essentially 7 different near endless planes with infinite resources?

>Extra Credit: Why is the fluff such garbage?
>>
>>53013546
Infinite hate for one another
>>
>>53013546
Because it isn't a war for resources. Chaos wants to destroy everything (again), Death wants, well, death and destruction largely just enjoy the fight.

It wasn't always war, there was a long period of peace, followed by Chaos doing their regular Chaos shit, followed by revenge and retaliation to try and destroy Chaos.
>>
>>53013546
>Why would there be a never ending war in a setting that is essentially 7 different near endless planes with infinite resources?
It started many hundred years ago, when chaos parked it's car in sigmar's spot.
AoS was a business decision first and foremost and not a creative one.
WHFB was a labor of love that grew over 30 years.
>>
>>53013546
1. The Realms are finite
2. Chaos wishes to consume them all
>>
>>53013546
Resources and land are not what they are fighting over. They are fighting for survival and security. They are fighting for relics of the past. They are fighting over the realmgates for travel between the realms. They are fighting because they know even if the realms are near endless, and they could just find a place untouched by chaos, chaos will just come. Because chaos doesn't give a shit about land ownership, they just care about destroying civilizations and order.

Trick question, that is your opinion and not a question of fact.
>>
>>53013395
It may be a coincidence it's not but every whiny faggot I have played who wants to model for advantage or use 'model to model' ALSO uses square bases.
Their models are also half or not painted, as well as look like shit
>>
Thoughts on the following KO list?

Skyport Mhornar

>Arknaut Frigate - Heavy Skycannon, Incredible Self Healing Hull
>Arknaut Frigate - Heavy Skycannon, Ebullient Buoyancy Aid

>Aether Khemist (General) - Opportunistic Privateer, Aethershock Earbuster
>Aether Khemist
>Aether Khemist
>Aetheric Navigator - Aethersight Loupe

>Arknaut Crew (10) - 3x Volley Guns
>Arknaut Crew (10) - 3x Skypikes
>Arknaut Crew (20) - 6x Skyhooks

>Endrinriggers (3) - Volley Gun
>Endrinriggers (3) - Volley Gun
>Endrinriggers (3) - Skyhook
>Endrinriggers (3) - Skyhook

The General + Volley Guns go in the first Frigate (Self Healing Hull) and basically move up then screen with their boat before broadsiding a unit and causing double battle shock tests.

A second Khemist + Skypikes go in the Buoyancy Frigate and they help screen the General's boat and charge in to help the volley gun crew out.

The third Khemist + Navigator hangs out with the big crew to help push out a decent chunk of rend 1, D3 damage shooting and offsetting my overburdened Frigates via the Navigator.

The Endrinriggers start 'in' Frigates (since they don't take up space or slow them down) to drop my total drop count and then act as screens/harassing units and helping keep my boats patched up. I'm not 100% on the weapon load out on them, I could obviously go for more shooting but they aren't half bad in combat, especially not if near a friendly Khemist to bump their aethersaw attacks.
>>
>>53013797
I think you should combine the Enrinrigger units so you can get more buffs per Khemist. If you buff their saws, then use your footnote to attack in the hero phase, there will be very little that a unit of 6 Endrinriggers can not kill, even if you want to give one a grapnel launcher for mobility.

Also make sure to remember Khemist buffs apply until YOUR next hero phase, so unless you get a double turn, you still have them in your enemies combat phase. Although it is obvious, it is something easy to forget when deciding if you should buff a units shooting or melee.
>>
>>53014103

Makes sense - and doesn't really affect the list structure.
>>
File: tfw no new death.jpg (40KB, 720x647px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no new death.jpg
40KB, 720x647px
Existence is suffering.
>>
>>53014525
>Death still paying for that Ring shenanigans.
Sad times when skeletons get the shaft when all they wanna do is rattle :/

Hopefully those new models from shadowspire become new units for AoS instead of just being a cameo warscroll.
>>
Any Seraphon players have a backstory for their army? Now that the lore is basically seraphon are star demons that don't live, the backstories for lizardmen is kinda lack luster.

I am working on a story for mine. Basically my Slann went into a deep meditative slumber for hundreds of years. In the mean time the skinks built the temples and took care of him and he could subconsciously hear them talking and form images of them based on this. Skinks of-course talk about skink things, like rituals or riding terradons or taming stegadons or how much they hate the saurus who are bigger than them. So the Slann has a mental idea of the skinks just from conversation. Anyway, the temple was attacked and the slann was unable to be awoken. The temple crashed down trapping him. Then centuries later in the end times we was finally awoken under the rubble of his fallen temple but all his seraphon are gone. Now he is in the age of sigmar and remembers the skinks that he overheard all those years while he meditated.
>>
How does this 1000 point list look? Just getting into the game, plan on picking up an Epidemius sometime soon, as well as another Start Collecting box (Slaves to Darkness, Clan Pestilens, or another Daemons of Nurgle, uncertain).

Harbinger of Decay
Herald of Nurgle
10x Plaguebearer
3x Plague Drones
3x Nurglings
5x Putrid Blightkings
5x Putrid Blightkings
>>
>>53013637
No the fluff being garbage is definitely fact. No sane person would defend such shite
>>
>>53014943
Nice opinions.
>>
>>53014975
>t. games workshop employee
>>
>>53013546

Sigmar is better than the bloated, pustule ridden Fantasy fluff.

God it was awful. I cannot comprehend how people could enjoy such blatantly bad fluff that seemed to do its utmost and ticking those Fantasy cliche boxes. Dwarves live underground, Elves are aloof assholes, Orcs are brutish, Undead are either Egypt or Transylvania etc.
>>
>>53015004
>I don't know how to deal with people not having the same opinion of mine, so they must be paid shills. Yeah that's it. Disagreeing with me otherwise is an impossibility.
>>
>>53015104
I hope this is bait holy shit
>>
>>53013129
Are Skaven Shit? I had a good game with them over the weekend while playing a Blades of Khorne force. Was expecting to lose and ended up routing him.
>>
>>53014852
personally i've found nurglings to be lacklustre on their own, and if you're taking the herald, you might want some more unit synergy for them, like more plaguebearers.
maybe swap him out for a lord of plagues to triple up on nurgles rot.
also, i think you're short a battleline unit unless i'm mistaken, blightkings are only BL for rotbringers allegiance.
>>
>>53015208
ive never run a skaven list, but i like occasionally slipping skaven units into my nurgle demons army to fuck with people. namely the warpfire thrower and warlock engineers
>>
>>53015208
skaven are awesome
Stormfeinds are awesome and some of the vermin lords are fun as hell
>>
File: you.jpg (54KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
54KB, 720x540px
>>53015004
>>
>>53015235
>>53015265
Oh cool, I feel better about collecting a mountain of their skulls then.

The Stormfiends were definitely tough and I can see why people like the warpfire throwers so much. But the Verminlord Warbringer did little to nothing all game before succumbing to a wave of Bloodletters in a single round of combat.
>>
>>53015149

Fantasy fluff sucked ass, hard. People who talk about labour of love and w/e are bullshitting themselves to give it more credibility than it deserves.
>>
>>53015332
>Verminlord Warbringer did little to nothing all game before succumbing to a wave of Bloodletters

They aren't stonehorns, an supported behemoth being way more vulnerable than most people think is par for the course.
>>
>>53015465
I fell for that, first time seeing one, threw paladins at it and killed it faster than i thought. Then got clan skyre'd with stormfiends for days. Still somehow won tho, but barely
>>
>>53013179
chaos warshrine with mark of nurgle ?
>>
>>53013257
So what I'm hearing is if I stack enough models on top of each other I can smack down a skyboat? If I throw them at it and say a bigger orruk or bloodthirster threw them, would I get to attack for one round?

>>53013546
War for the right to survive/end everything. Fluff is a side note and severally lacks. Doesn't help that a majority of the WHFB races are more generic fantasy whereas AoS is leaning towards high fantasy with it's newest releases. I think the new sky brother stuff is great, but damn does it clash heavily compared to a bretonnian or empire army
>>
>>53015354
>literally the most generic fantasy setting around
>world was finite but it didn't matter because 90% of it was either irrelevant factions that were never explored in the 30+ years the setting was around or vaguely defined wasteland/forest filled with monsters
>populations were finite but it didn't matter, towns got wiped off he map all the time with just as much consequence as AoS
>fluff was always about heroes and larger than life figures like Sigmar, Aenarion, Nagash, Tyrion&Teclis, Archaon, Karl Franz, etc just like AoS
>main character faction barely did shit outside of their borders and was constantly getting its shit pushed in until deus ex machina
>no chance to win against chaos, ever

Fantacucks who played ratcatchers in the role playing game and think the whole setting was about their shit covered peasants triumphing against impossible odds through sheer shit writing and bland fantasy cliches need to be hanged.
>>
>>53013129
So are these guys prototypes for when they reintroduce Squats into 40k?
>>
>>53015708
Remember when in that one vid, they mentioned "plastic Sisters!" but actually meant Sisters of Silence? Something like that maybe?
>>
>>53015705
>no chance to win against chaos, ever
The funny thing is that it's somewhat because everyone fucked with everyone. Malekith messed up the Elves, Lizardmen earthquake screwed the Dwarfs, etc.
>>
>>53015705
It really wasn't. D&D is pretty normal for a generic fantasy setting and has different kinds of rules, and generally a lot more high fantasy stuff, also "no or few guns" in some cases by divine fiat.

I'm not even sure what you're on about with the finite or not finite world, it being Terra Obscura in large part means nothing one way or the other.

Also about the populations mattering or not mattering,

There was fluff about humbler folks too, it's like you only read the army books and associated material. Smaller characters were around too.

I'm not sure why the Empire not doing much that didn't concern them is a big deal, and while they could never seal the deal and end Chaos, or the Orcs, or whatever for sure coming back at SOME point, they always pretty much held out until they were "done" and no longer a significant threat. They had a lot of strategic depth. Anyone who invaded them petered out eventually.

And yeah, that's one of those things. You cannot beat Chaos. This is an inherent aspect of Warhammer. Except apart from fighting the figurative Chaos Pig being something it enjoys, everything you do somehow pleases the Chaos Pig. Maybe there are more than one Pig, at some point you will be satisfying some Pig. Or maybe it's all kind of one Pig. But you can't win.

I also don't see why people enjoying gritty low fantasy characters getting through by the skin of their teeth (or not, sometimes they fail or do not succeed completely, and merely survive) is a problem. Even if it does involve narrative devices some might not like.

But I guess people should stop liking what you don't like and acknowledge that there was nothing good or appealing because YOU just can't see it.

Or maybe you're just a moron, or perhaps, a troll. It's not my fault you can't appreciate it and think everyone who disagrees with you is stupid, and wrong.
>>
File: awesome.png (1MB, 1283x652px) Image search: [Google]
awesome.png
1MB, 1283x652px
>>53013257
then I assume you'll paint your blimps if you want your port bonuses. Since you're SO dedicated to following the letter of the rules...

honestly... you KO people are the worst. Complain about rules you don't want to follow and insist on rules that no one follows.

id say its pathetic but that would be too kind.
>>
Looking for advice on my Khorne Slaves to Darkness list.

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
- General
- Trait: Hungry for Glory
- Artefact: Gorecleaver
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
Lord Of Chaos (100)
Exalted Hero Of Chaos (80)

Battleline
10 x Chaos Knights (400)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
10 x Chaos Knights (400)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
20 x Chaos Warriors (360)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
20 x Chaos Warriors (360)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Units
10 x Chaos Chosen (320)
5 x Chaos Chosen (160)

Total: 2500/2500
>>
>>53015877
Literally nowhere in my post did I say I didn't like the fantasy setting, in fact I compared aspects of it to AoS. The point wasn't to say fantasy was shit, it was to say that many of the problems people have with AoS were either also in fantasy, or aren't shit people should be worried about

>But I guess people should stop liking what you don't like and acknowledge that there was nothing good or appealing because YOU just can't see it.

Or maybe you're just a moron, or perhaps, a troll. It's not my fault you can't appreciate it and think everyone who disagrees with you is stupid, and wrong.

Kek, pretty fucking rich coming from the crowd who calls AoS objectively bad but thinks fantasy was some super speshul setting of love and labor. I like fantasy, I just am sick of the grongards acting like everything in fantasy was good while AoS is irredeemable smegma, despite never reading beyond 4chan meme versions of the fluff.

Also, Saving this as pasta to use anytime someone calls AoS objectively shit, or uses the borecast eternal "joke." thanks anon I love you so much
>>
File: 99120201045_ArchaonEverchosen01.jpg (42KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120201045_ArchaonEverchosen01.jpg
42KB, 600x620px
>>53013257
stupid faggot thinks pic related should be unable to use the rider's melee weapons.

kill yourself.
>>
>>53015981
Have you ever considered that the people who want to houserule the paintgate away are the same who use base-to-base measurement houserules?
>>
>>53015219
I'm running it as Nurgle Mortal allegiance with the Blightkings as battleline just to make it work with what I have.

And the Nurglings are there mostly because I'm running what I have, I'll definitely be switching things up once I have more miniatures.
>>
>>53016091
congratulations you're rational. want a cookie or something?
>>
File: 1491024205622.jpg (25KB, 480x474px) Image search: [Google]
1491024205622.jpg
25KB, 480x474px
>>53015981
Don't you have another phoenix to paint, you knife-eared shitlord?

Your one-man crusade is the saddest thing I've ever seen and we are on fucking 4chan.
>>
>>53016155
I don't fucking play elves you faggot I play this >>53016066 take your model to model waac faggotry and fuck off.
>>
>>53016091
What is a paintgate and what do you mean?
>>
>>53016203
>misread
Whoa sorry, same team! Same team!
Paintgate pic caused reaction.
>>
Allegiance: Order
Lord Kroak (540)
- General
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (260)
- War Spear
5 x Saurus Guard (100)
5 x Saurus Knights (120)
- Blades
5 x Saurus Guard (100)
5 x Saurus Knights (120)
- Blades
10 x Skinks (80)
- Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
3 x Kroxigor (180)
Dread Saurian (400)
Bloodclaw Starhost (100)

Total: 2000/2000
>>
>>53016226
paintgate is a poorly written block that details about your options as a KO player. An autist cried about it being taken literally and plagues the board accusing rational people of being Waacfags for wanting to paint their shit however they want and use whatever port they choose.
>>
>>53016265
fucking cringe worthy. this >>53013257 that I assume you're the faggot responsible for is fucking stupid.
>>
>tfw I'm afraid that my color scheme is shit and I made a huge mistake
>>
>>53016320
>continues to be a shit
Fuck no I don't support that shit. Stop your autistic bitchfit and relax.
>>
>>53016357
Post it and let us judge
>>
>>53016380
I already have and it's been called shit
>>
>>53016370
look dumbass I lurked your whole autistic argument with the guy who said you should follow the paint rules for your fleets and I was on your side about it but I think based on this >>53013257 that he had a point about waacfag KO players only trying to game the system to get an advantage.
>>
>>53016397
>one random shitpost
Is that all it takes?
Again I want to iterate: Did not post >>53013257

No rational decent human being would enforce model-to-model measurement. I shouldn't have to validate this to you.
>>
>>53016457
>>53016397
i'd like to step in to remind you gentlemen that you're on 4chan and will not convince eachother of your point of view, so any arguing is effectively pointless
>>
>>53016397
>Gaming the system by following the rules.
Honestly if we are going to play base to base what is going to stop someone from altering base size so less units can surround it?
>>
>>53016478
thank god people in real life aren't this autistic.
>>
>>53016517
You'd be surprised.
>>
>>53016471
This. Can we shut the fuck up and talk about stuff people actually want to talk about and follow?
>>
>>53016478
Now I want to see Archaon modeled on a 25mm base.
>>
File: 1488012635453.jpg (509KB, 1000x644px) Image search: [Google]
1488012635453.jpg
509KB, 1000x644px
what annoys me about the whole measure from the model not the base thing, is theres nothing stopping people from stacking models base-over-base overlapping, is there? i mean, aside from common sense.
>>
>>53016711
Ahahaha. I might do that to a friend to be a dickhead now.
>>
>>53016740
it wouldnt bother me the whole swarm infantry piling up, but shit, i dont want my nicely painted model plus nicely painted decorative base getting grinded on by a grey tide of skinks.
base to base would solve that issue, which is why models have uniform base sizes anyway, isnt it?
>>
>>53016392
Were you painting Barak-Thryng? If so I liked them.
>>
>>53016773
Nah, I play Ironjawz
>>
Thinking about getting into AoS and I'm liking the look of the Slaves to Darkness from thei SC kit.

How are they? Are they competitive? Fun to play? Any must buy models?
>>
>>53016711
>base-over-base overlapping

That's literally the main reason people use b2b.
>>
File: Fire_Kingdom.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Kingdom.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
So here a fluff question, why would anyone want to live in the Fire Realm?

I mean, do they know that there are other Realms they can live in? Realms that are not on fire?

Is Sigmar going to act surprised when his new city burns down because he built it on a river of lava?
>>
>>53016971
I like slaves to darkness. But like most non battletome armies they lack the utilities and synergies those armies have.

You can combine them with the other chaos factions and it'll work fine though, since chaos grand alliance has answers for every situation.

As far as must buy models go; I really like the Chaos Lord with his one-off attack. War shrine is good too, especially if you go more toward the bloodbound synergy with khorne and his buff stacking.
>>
>>53015981

GW had painting rules with marine chapters long before 2017 anon.

or you could do what every store and tourney ever has done and say "paint them however you want, mark it on your list very clearly what chapter / bonus you are taking is"
>>
>>53017036
Aqshy has the aspect of fire, but it doesn't mean it's literal hell and everything is on fire. In the books there are civilisations and even describes forests. It thrived before khorne claimed it as their own.

Like there is life in the realm of death, it's just dark and spooky. So mortal men and even forests live there, they're just a grim people and dark and spooky forests.

The mortal realms have many biomes, just some are more predominant in some realms over others.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170429-074222.png (537KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170429-074222.png
537KB, 1440x2560px
>>53015981
>>
File: Screenshot_20170424-083429.jpg (405KB, 1440x1304px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170424-083429.jpg
405KB, 1440x1304px
>>53015981

I will put my shit on 8" pegs and it will be painted with paintgate in mind dont worry :^)
>>
>>53015981
>he gets btfo by greytiders AND skyfires on 12" metal pegs

It just keeps getting better and better.
Potery
>>
>>53013257
i dont like this, so you are fag
>>
>>53013539
A humale
>>
>>53016971
I love my Slaves to Darkness, although I've fallen down the Tzeentch army mixing rabbit hole.

They're fun, better than average "beat the shit out of my opponent" army. Chaos Warshrine is a fantastic next step if you get two Start Collecting boxes, as it buffs the shit out of everything near it. I also concur with the other guy about the Chaos Lord, hell, almost all their hero units are cool as shit, and fun to snowball with.
>>
File: Empire_1_.jpg (198KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Empire_1_.jpg
198KB, 800x534px
How often does the Freeguild's counter charge ability come into play?

It seems like something that would happen very rarely.
>>
Can a Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount take Daemonic Adornements and Daemonic weapons from the Blades on Khorne book?
>>
Has anyone tried Bloab Rotspawned? He seems deceptively decent. You get a big body, a pair of pretty good debuffs and his spell is not that hard to get value out of. You cast an arcane bolt that's a d3, hit it with any shooting like a warp lightning cannon that's d3, anything with bulk that charges is another d3, you hit it in melee is a d3, you hit back on its turn is another d3.
>>
>>53018099
He's got the daemon keyword so yes, just like the tzeentch guys get it on disc.
>>
Any news over the weekend? I've flown to Switzerland and haven't had proper net access since Saturday
>>
>>53018370
the new dwarf models apparently include some kind of irritant, leading to aggressive and antisocial behaviour, even if you dont own any
>>
Can anyone tell me if the Saurus Knights' Cold Ones (https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Seraphon-Saurus-Knights) are separate from the riders? One of the sprue pictures indicates it might be but I wanted to reach out and see if anyone could confirm it.

I'm looking for some lizard mounts for my (40k) Rough Riders and integral lizard rider legs would fuck up my Christmas a little bit.

Thanks!
>>
>>53018521
my lizard-fiddling friend says seperate
>>
>>53018521
he also says to use the dark elf lizard mounts instead, since theyre cooler
>>
>>53018536
>>53018557

Cool, thank you!
>>
>>53018370
>switzerland
>no internet
Where the hell are you, Valais?
>>
>>53016103
>nurgle mortal
>nurglings and demons on the list
I have bad news for you son, if you want to use bk as battleline all have to be "mortal", so you need to fill with regular chaos dudes with nurgle mark.
On a personal note I think that the rotbringers are bullshit as in not being able to put nurgle demons without breaking the rules
>>
>>53015705
Yeah fantasy holy roman empire was done a million times before.

Oh wait

Thats how i know people hating on fantasy never read/played it.
>>
>>53018819
It's hardly original though. WFB is "historical XVc but with elves and lizards and dwarves". It doesn't have an original bone in it's body, it's all transplants from either history or other franchises. it's as original as Slaughterloo/Flintloque.
>>
>>53018867

The setting had a lot of heart and passion put into it.

AoS is a product, nothing more.
>>
>>53017700

Not that anon but I think I'm gonna get into Slaves to Darkness as well, thanks!
>>
>>53019420
My drawings had a lot of heart and passion put into them, they still are shit because I can't fucking draw. AoS is more competent a product than WFB.
>>
>>53014760
My fluff is essentially the AoS seraohon fluff doesnt exist and I rode out the end times in my flying temple with saurus that didnt die out because they were fucking functionally immortal anyway.
>>
WHFB fluff had some amazing stories set in it, buit overall iot was dull, stagnant, generic and the only interesting things were the things they didnt explicitly tell you, like bout the lizardmen or the obscure empire factions.

I cant believe I have to restate this, but not having stories about XYZ is not a reason AoS fluff is bad, the whole setting is still super fucking young compared to WHFB, its literally a case of give it time.

Personallly I really like the overall AoS setting, but I am less than impressed by some of the novels and the fluff in some armybooks. In WHFB is was pretty much the opposite.
>>
>>53019420
>>53015705
Has it occured to you that Warhammer fantasy was one of the trope codifiers? It's like calling LotR cliche'd, even though a lot of fantasy conventions came from LotR.
Same is true for Warhammer, it's a 30+ year old IP for god's sake.
>>
>>53019654
WFB had nowhere near the impact you want it to make outside of wargaming. It's nonexistant in general "normie" fantasy, same as battletech lore is nonexistant in general SciFi despite being just as old.
>>
>>53019654
Don't worry, he must think tyranids come from blizzard zerg and green orks from warcraft
>>
>>53019637

Not him but the whole realms with portals shit is infinitely shittier than a proper world with borders, in terms of fluff.
>>
>>53019678
And none of my friends have ever heard of Elric of Melniborne. However, Dark Elves, Sentient Soul-stealing swords and anti-hero protagonists are very familiar to them.
>>
Everyone who says Fantasy setting is shit please leave
LEAVE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53019691
But why though? How is it any different to settings like stargate, or even 40k, hopping from planet to planet?

Theyre also worlds, they probably have theiir own borders within them, you can see it in the maps, and background.
>>
>>53015877

>But I guess people should stop liking what you don't like and acknowledge that there was nothing good or appealing because YOU just can't see it.

Quote from guy posting about whfb in an AOS thread about how AOS fluff sucks
>>
Just want to point out really quick that the KO battletome states that they know of airways to the different realms, which to me sounds like the realms actually are connected, just that portals are much faster than flying/walking to another realm.
>>
>>53020196

They're separated by empty space, which is why lizardmen and KO in their spaceships can fly around wherever they want and why skaven can build structures into all the realms.

The exception is the realm of chaos which is still like the warp
>>
>>53019678
Warhammer pioneered greenskinned orcs. That's a sizable contribution by itself.

Renaissance-punk with steam tanks, gyrocopters etc has been an influence as well, via Warcraft that ripped off GW.
>>
>>53020513
Warcraft pioneered gay kung fu pandas, space aliens with hooves, good noble orcs, and gud guy beastmen
>>
>>53020513

Warcraft was initially made as a warhammer game but GW wouldn't license them so rip off, while true, is a bit rough in implication.
>>
>>53020555
yeah this isn't a secret
also in Warcraft 3 (the last good blizzard game) the griffon rider goes "this Warhammer cost me 40k" if you click him a bunch of times
>>
>>53020555
>you live in a timeline where you don't have to worry about Blizzard ruining Warhammer with a shit artstyle and eventually a shitty movie being made
Feels good, the only game that has the god awful Warcraft artstyle is DoW3, fuck Relic
>>
>>53020555
>>53020648

Popular urban legend but not true. And I'm always a bit surprised by the antaganosim of the fandoms against each other, when it's pretty clear there's plenty of love between the creators.
>>
>>53020687

It's pretty easy to hate Warcraft after 3, but at the same time modern blizzard is nothing of what created warcraft 1,2 and now even 3.
>>
>>53017235
>admitting you're a waacfag
>proving his point
>>
File: flames.jpg (88KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
flames.jpg
88KB, 800x640px
>>53017235
update on this. double phoenix, high elf lord on dragon, dark elf lord on dragon + min battle line darkshards and one unit sisters of the watch beat triple lord of change formation + swap units formation. That phoenix did get painted, looks great btw.

been lurking for a while, first time posting since that night.

Just wanted to say that model to model wont hide your blimps from my flying behemoths.
>>
>>53019691
That's like, your opinion, man. Besides, for narrative purposes a world with defined borders but with the vast majority of the land being vaguely defined wasteland/wilderness or unplayable factions isn't any better than a vast realm with multiple worlds in it. The only thing that really changed is scale
>>
File: malekith-horz.jpg (120KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
malekith-horz.jpg
120KB, 900x506px
>>53015981
nice to see at least one other person agrees with me on this.
>>53016397
I was right all along. Port hopping, modeling for advantage waacfag KO players.

I saw this shit coming a mile away.
>>
>>53021240

I prefer the vastly smaller scale. To me 40K has always been about the insanely immense scale while fantasy was about being on a small, real world scale.

I don't really care that much anymore though. I just ignore the fluff.
>>
>>53021147
>>53021265
welcome back elf dude.

don't mind >>53017222 >>53017235 he has been accusing random people of being you and posting those pictures in at least every other thread.

I think you really rustled his jimmies.

post a pic of your phoenix
>>
>>53021338
>post a pic of your phoenix
I'm at my desk at the office now but I'll see what I can do this evening.
>>
>>53021265
Complaining about a KO player having the wrong paint job to weaken them is WAAC behaviour, not port hopping.

Port hopping is only WAAC if you are doing it between games in a tournament or some shit.
>>
File: IMG_1892.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1892.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
Another addition to my lords of the storm. Brainstorming the base right now.
>>
File: IMG_1892.jpg (153KB, 979x979px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1892.jpg
153KB, 979x979px
>>53022093
Damn, not sure why it was rotated.
>>
>>53022122
>changed the head
thank god.
>>
File: khaine.jpg (257KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
khaine.jpg
257KB, 1280x1024px
>>53022044
>Port hopping is only WAAC if you are doing it between games in a tournament or some shit.

implying I or probably anyone would give a shit under any other circumstances
>>
>>53015981
S C Y T H E S
C
Y
T
H
E
S
>>
>>53021147
do a battlereport with photos you fegget
>>
>>53016282
>kroak but no astrolith bearer or balewind vortex
>bloodclaw starhost with minimum sized units
>illegal bloodclaw starhost because you don't have enough saurus heroes
>dread saurian without a starpriest to buff him with double damage bites
>skinks for some reason?

Terrible
>>
So we all agree that bloodelffag is the worst poster in aosg right?
>>
>>53022245
Yes.
Also the 1-2 guys who like stormcast.
>>
File: gHIPzLX.png (190KB, 531x333px) Image search: [Google]
gHIPzLX.png
190KB, 531x333px
>>53013257
>>
>>53022278
>implying WAAC players paint their models anyway
>>
>>53022160
considering the shit I got for the one and only video I ever did post the answer is absolutely not.

I also had 20 phoenix guard too, forgot to mention that. And if it wasn't already clear the phoenixes were frost heart.
>>
>>53022290
What the fuck?

>>53020340
>can fly around
How about realmgate in air and space.
>>
File: Tyrion_2.jpg (95KB, 485x588px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrion_2.jpg
95KB, 485x588px
>>53022278
>implying that invalidates these >>53015981

>implying anyone ever will give a shit unless you're being an douche bad

>implying this is a conversation worth having again
>>
>>53022501
>invalidates these
Name one flgs/gw stick to these.
>>
>>53022537
>>53022501
>implying anyone ever will give a shit unless you're being a douch bag
>implying this is a conversation worth having again
>>
>>53022609
Ok
>>
>>53022315
link?
>>
>>53021147
Welcome back! You're like a boogeyman here to the shitposters.
>>
File: abeshrug.jpg (52KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
abeshrug.jpg
52KB, 680x510px
>People throwing Porthopper KOfag insults like this is something established over years.
>KO have been out for like a week or two
>Tfw local skryre player bought the small blimp i got to see it for the first time yesterday

If KO are WAACfaggy and set to dominate tournaments or whatever i don't doubt these kind of min-maxing cunts exist but am i the only one who hasn't even seen KOs? maybe my LGS is just slow to change.

No one here likes dwarves much so i don't think anyone's going to play them. Kind of like how I've never actually fought Tomb Kings just heard how strong they are in these threads.

I will admit the smaller airship looks nice.
>>
>>53023264
New generals handbook is out soon enough anyway
>>
All these WAAC players and I'm still here playing with chaos warriors
>>
File: Skaven versus Kislev.jpg (55KB, 552x449px) Image search: [Google]
Skaven versus Kislev.jpg
55KB, 552x449px
>>53023366
>WAACfags will never know the joys of R-ogres / Giant rats

I only have 18 but i want 30 in one block, just to hit somebody like 60 weak attacks and possibly drag down something big.
>>
>>53023366

I'm stick with my full khorne daemons and i not give a fuck about all this full shooting waacs armies
>>
>>53023366
Pure soulblight here
Dont give a shit what you fat dorks play because its "good" lmao
This isnt esports
>>
>>53023366
>>53023493
>>53023501
You fluffy scrubs sicken me, I bet you still complain when you lose too.
>>
>>53023264
From what I've seen /aosg/ and /40kg/ in general overreacts to everything. Maybe it's a /tg/ thing too. Idk, all I know is that after releases something is either "shit and unplayable" or "WAAC," before the stuff has even hit the tabletop.
>>
File: 4G8nAiGb.jpg (7KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
4G8nAiGb.jpg
7KB, 160x160px
>>53023551
>>
Allegiance: Destruction
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (520)
- General
- Trait: Might is Right
- Artefact: Battle Brew
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (180)

Total: 1000/1000
How is this for a beginner IronJawz
>>
>>53023559
I come from the first page to tell you that your spoiler is the worst and is not even comparable to the rest of the board.
>>
File: Feels they shall never take.png (163KB, 780x818px) Image search: [Google]
Feels they shall never take.png
163KB, 780x818px
>>53023551
>I bet you still complain when you lose too.

Yeah

Complain i didn't lose harder. mmmh~ hurt me bby
>>
File: IMG_0954.jpg (82KB, 708x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0954.jpg
82KB, 708x598px
>>53021285
>fantasy
>real world scale
we're talking about a fantasy setting where battleships are the size of modern battleships, a nation in strife is still able to spare hundreds of thousands of knights on behalf of a rival nation they usually hate, the Great Wall of china is half a mile tall, and 80k dark elves in a single one of their watchtowers is considered a garrison.
>>
>>53023596
Maw-Krusha has to carry the whole army in that list and he isn't strong enough to do it.
>>
>>53023596
Is that shit even battleline
>>
>>53023668
What would you suggest?
>>
File: sigarmy.jpg (1MB, 1900x910px) Image search: [Google]
sigarmy.jpg
1MB, 1900x910px
>>53023531
>>53023501

My army is a slaanesh mortals army. Not expecting an update any time soon but that's just fine with me.
>>
>>53023755
Good lad
>>
>>53023724
get some 'ard boys to hold objectives and stuff. Mawcrusha is too expensive at 1000 points game
>>
>>53023724
Allegiance: Destruction
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection
Orruk Warchanter (80)
- Artefact: Battle Brew
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- 4x Choppa or Smasha & Shields
- 6x Big Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (180)
Ironfist (60)
Total: 1000/2000
>>
>>53023755
I'd consider stuff like Slaanesh to be mid-tier, not garbage but certainly not Waac

No one ever understands how fast they are, Mono-clan Skaven is the same. No one understands that mass plague monks are a huge threat when charging, Packmasters cannot be allowed to buff everything up, etc.

But after the first few games or if someone really wants to list-tailor they will exploit the weaknesses and probably win
>>
File: IMG_0745.jpg (203KB, 1024x1009px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0745.jpg
203KB, 1024x1009px
Seraphon battletome 2.0 when? And what new units would they add to it?
>>
>>53023880
Do they even need more units? If anything they just need some allegiance abilities and some updated saurus models. Maybe a 6+ scaly skin save like death has and starhost price reductions.
>>
>>53023880
>new units

top kek.

Absolutely nothing. you'll be lucky if they can get the existing units into one book or if anything weak gets buffed up at all.

Traits, artifacts, maybe a new battalion or 2 and possibly prayers/spells are all any of the outdated battletome armies can hope for.
>>
New death tome when?
Literally ANYTHING please GW!
>>
When will GW restore vampire lords to thier rightful powerlevel?
The regular lord on foot should be as strong as the current VLoZD 2bh
>>
>>53023880
Stormcast are missing some nice 300 point range killy hero options, your gonna have to wait till after the next chamber book drops.
>>
>>53023880
Need a new stormcast and khorne book first 2bh
>>
>>53024056
>Vampire
>should be stronger than a doombull
nga pls
>>
>>53024056
more like when will death not have to take 500 points of crappy support heroes to make their units work.
>>
Do we have any pdfs of the skybros book yet?
>>
>>53024216
But they are
>>
File: 1485314730909.jpg (71KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485314730909.jpg
71KB, 720x960px
>>53024387
Been in the mega for weeks
>>
File: WHC_ArmyD_Slaanesh_Medusa.jpg (124KB, 1000x1148px) Image search: [Google]
WHC_ArmyD_Slaanesh_Medusa.jpg
124KB, 1000x1148px
*sexually blocks your path*
>>
File: 1481844305143.png (327KB, 464x492px) Image search: [Google]
1481844305143.png
327KB, 464x492px
>>53024563
Mortal wounds aren't so scary when you don't have a save! In all honesty this is actually a huge benefit to pestilens
>>
>>53024563

>not painting the slime white

Do you even Slaanesh?
>>
File: IMG_1068.jpg (1MB, 1875x2763px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1068.jpg
1MB, 1875x2763px
>>53024563
*wrecks your shit
>>
>>53024604
>>53024563
the cringe.
>>
>>53023706
It's ironjawz, everything's battleline
>>
>>53022122
Where's that head from?
>>
>>53016711
that paint job on the tau though
>>
>>53024789
looks like a space wolf / space yiff
>>
>>53024091

Celestant prime

lol

But more seriously a pair of cuncussors can fill that shit-slappy 300-ish point area pretty well
>>
>>53018625
he says he has nurglings. if hes running them or plague bearers I'm sure those can be his battleline regardless
>>
>>53023880
Old Kroq-gar sized heavy Saurus Cav.
New Saurus Knights
>>
File: IMG_1105.jpg (47KB, 604x437px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1105.jpg
47KB, 604x437px
I like the idea of Paladins riding dragons

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Artefact: Relic Blade
- Dracoth Trait: Keen-clawed
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Celestant (100)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender
Knight-Heraldor (120)
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
4 x Concussors (560)
4 x Fulminators (480)

Total: 1980/2000
>>
>>53024649

Oh lighten up dickhead.
>>
>>53024858
>a pair of cuncussors can fill that shit-slappy 300-ish point area pretty well
Yeah the efficiency of stormcast is crazy. You can basically just throw any combination of Paladins, Fulminators, and Longstrikes together in a list and get everything automatically.

Speaking of Prime anyone know how the Stardrake list works?

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Lord-Celestant On Stardrake (600)
- General
- Celestine Hammer
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
- Stardrake Trait: Storm-winged
Celestant-Prime (360)
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Divine Light
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot
Lord-Castellant (100)
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
2 x Fulminators (240)
2 x Fulminators (240)

This is what I came up with and it looks like not a very threatening amount of mortal wounds for the cost.
>>
>>53024978
I'm new to AoS.
>Celestant
>Castellant
>Fulminators
Those fucking names... uggggh
>>
So, for my sky bros, Im wanting to do a sort of 1940s nautical scifi aesthetic. Kind of like bioshock, a friens suggested. Im not entirely sure what its called.

While i have a lot of ideas, im not experienced with conversions, and Im a medium level experienced painter. So while i know what i want it to look like, executing that idea is difficult.

What do you all think? How do i represent the obvious calling of undersea explorers?

One idea was using finned sails that we see a good deal of. Think the machines in Atlantis.
>>
>>53025145
>I'm new to AoS.
>Those fucking names
Have you read the Khorne ones?
Blood Stroker doesn't sound like the kind of fighting you do on the battlefield, if you know what I mean...
>>
>>53024978
Lord-Celestant (100)
- General
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
Lord-Relictor (80)
Lord-Relictor (80)
Knight-Heraldor (120)
5 x Liberators (100)
5 x Liberators (100)
5 x Liberators (100)
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (360)
4 x Fulminators (480)
4 x Fulminators (480)

I don't think the dracoth celestant is worth 220.
>>
>>53025145

Deathrattle will forever be the best and worst.

I think even GW realised how shit it was, they have revenant legions on the box now.
>>
>>53025217
I've had a lot of luck with Lord Relictor's Bless Weapons prayer. Lightning Chariot is also very good.
>>
>>53025101

Celestant stardrakes are the ultimate distraction carnifex because with a castellant buff (or two) they become absurdly tanky plus they'll start picking out sergeants/weapon bearers and voring them. The meteor drops are also invaluable for landing on warpthrowers and wizards.

He's not archaon or alarielle, he won't solo armies but he's still useful. Plus he looks awesome on the field.

I'm mixed on drakesworn templars.

Fulminators put out a sickening amount of mortal wounds within 3", especially if you can find them a hit buff.

They're also hard counters to shooting lists as they get a 1+ save retooling 1's against shooting with a castellant buff which is about as good as it gets. They're the hammer that your stardrake hopefully conceals.

I do tend to put them in big blobs though to maximize the mileage from a castellant buff.

>>53025145

I'm okay with celestant, I think castellant is too easily mixed up and I find the dracothian names completely uninspired.

I don't know why they couldn't have just been Paladin drakeriders
>>
>>53025217

Well I'm glad at least someone likes lord relictors.
>>
>>53025217

I will say cuncussors are certainly a viable choice when in units of 4+ as triggering their "no pile in" rule becomes nearly certain.
>>
>>53025278
So its not a rot build that nukes the whole map every turn, he's just a big unkillable dude that camps the middle of the map that goes in your normal SC army.
>>
First time putting together a list for AoS, using an old Skaven army that's been collecting dust for eons.

Queek Headtaker (100)
-General
Screaming Bell (260)
Clanrats x30 (180)
-20 hand weapons, 10 spears
Clanrats x30 (180)
-20 hand weapons, 10 spears
Ratling Gun (80)
Plague Monks x20 (140)
-Two Foetid Blades
Plague Monks x20 (140)
-Two Foetid blades
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Rat Ogres x4 (240)

If figure mixing hand weapons and spears for the clanrats will help them get more attacks in through the sheer volume of models (and because those are the models I've already built). How's baby's first AoS list look so far?
>>
>blood knights out of stock
What does it mean
>>
>>53025753
The same thing it means every other day when someone asks why X product is out of stock.
They're out of stock in your region, they'll get more in soon.
>>
>>53025706
You can't mix weapons in a clanrats units.

You need stormvermins & a chieftain with banner if possible. You should have some in your old army !
>>
>reddit rats
>>
with only using units mentioned in the hallowed knights chamber.
can that list be competive or am i just gonna have a fun fluff army?
>>
>>53025996
>You can't mix weapons in a clanrats units.
Well shit. I can probably modify the spears to be hand weapons or something.

>You need stormvermins & a chieftain with banner if possible. You should have some in your old army !
I have a chieftain, but no stormvermin. I get need for the chieftain, but why are stormvermin such a must-have?
>>
>>53025327
4 Concussors average 24 damage when they shoot and attack. Seems like that would delete anything that could potentially need to pile in afterwards anyway, so why not just take Fulminators.
>>
>>53026137
How about 60 attacks at +3/+3 sound with the right buff?
>>
>>53026128
Queek headtaker looks good
>>
>>53026137
You don't need stormvermin.
You can get clanrats up to insane attacks /hit numbers with a verminlord warbringer and/or a chieftain

X points of clanrats will beat X points of stormvermin with the same buffs since you will have more wounds, but almost the same attack stats
>>
What's the best ranged option for stormcast and does anyone have a pic of the aether strike battalion?
>>
Skyport: The East Aqshy Trading Company (Custom Skyport)
- Artycle: Respect Your Commanders
- Amendment: Don't Argue With The Wind
- Footnote: There's No Trading With Some People

Arkanaut Admiral: General, Fleetmaster, Aetherschok Bludgeon
Aether-Khemist: Aethersight Loupe
Aether-Khemist (100)
Aetheric Navigator (100)

10 x Arkanaut Company
- 3x Skypikes
10 x Arkanaut Company
- 3x Light Skyhooks
10 x Arkanaut Company
- 3x Aethermatic Volley Guns

3 x Endrinriggers
- 1x Aethermatic Volley Guns
- 1x Drill Cannons

War Machines
Arkanaut Ironclad: Aethermatic Volley Cannon, Incredible Self-healing Hull
Arkanaut Frigate: Heavy Sky Cannon, Magnificent Omniscope
Arkanaut Frigate: Heavy Sky Cannon

Iron Sky Command (80)

What does /aosg/ think? Anyone played around with the KO enough yet to tell me if this is a viable and fun list?
>>
>>53026179
clanrats are 60 pts for 10
stormvermin are 140 for 10.

someone do the math for 30 stormvermin (420 pts) vs 70 clanrats (420 points)

Repeat.. you get SEVENTY clanrats for 30 stormvermin. They will have to be in 2-3 units, so you will also get a better surround and also an extra activation during the attack phase
>>
>>53022122
Looks like a 40k HQ...
>>
>>53026296
Well it IS a sigmarine....
>>
>>53026135
Depends on what competitive means to you, it won't win any tournaments but it will win some games just on the back of having a hammerstrike in it.
>>
>>53025191
>Blood Stroker
It's Bloodstoker, not stroker, you filthy Slaaneshi. All that masturbating has ruined your eyesight.
I guess next you'll be whining about cuntcussers.
>>
>>53026137

Stormvermin are not a must-have but offer Rend & better armor. Moreover, they don't transform into a pile of shit after getting hurt/shot/eaten.
>>53026179
2 units with 2 different purpose, one is a cheap tarpit, the other one focus more on killing heroes & small elite units. But if you want to run your theoretical clanrats deathstar, be my guest
>>
>tfw want to convert saint celestine into a vampire lord
How to change those doves to bats?
>>
>>53026321
top 3 army at locals. mainly playing with itc people. have 2nd place player from lvo at locals
>>
>>53026429
Tyranid gargoyle wings
>>
>>53026279
Its 90 vs 110 assuming there is a verminlord. Stormvermin have better rolls and a rend. I also can't tell based on the poor way its written if clanrats at 30 get +1/+1 or +1/+2.
>>
>>53026542
+1/+1 at 30+, this is part of the same rule, so only 1 effect apply :/
>>
>>53024867
Sadly, that's not the case as you break the "nurgle mortal" as neither nurglings or plaguebearers have the "mortal" keyword. If he adds another unit of plaguebearers as the second battleline (these are generic chaos battleline unlike the blightkings) somehow then he can run that list without houseruling.
I mean, sure he can do it if the other one agree's but I went to a pseudotournament in a gw shop with bk as battleline and nurglings in my list and couldn't use that list.
>>
>>53026766
derp for some reason I thought niglings were battleline.
He just needs another unit of plaguebearers then
>>
>>53026148

They'll damage them quite a bit but I wouldn't always count on completely ending every enemy unit you hit. Fulminators are fantastic but cuncussors give you some board control that really helps your LoW model count. It's why I like taking both.

>>53025614

Bingo, you send him up the table to eat people and tank deathstars. extremis has enough mortal wounds to snipe out other enemy mortal wound vomitters too.
>>
File: 1491260951455.jpg (98KB, 504x470px) Image search: [Google]
1491260951455.jpg
98KB, 504x470px
>>53026242
Are you telling me that people here already bought 2000pts of le gears and cogs air dwarves
>>
>>53023755
Oh jeez, I'm gonna need some more angles on that shit
>>
>>53026488
Or even just black wings with bloodstained tips could work if her skin's pale enough
>>
File: 99120112014_ScourgesNEW_02.jpg (35KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120112014_ScourgesNEW_02.jpg
35KB, 600x620px
>>53026429
>>53026488
>>
File: o-PEEP-SHOW-facebook.jpg (556KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-PEEP-SHOW-facebook.jpg
556KB, 2000x1000px
>Rumors of GHB2: Same ability no longer stack; point increase for all 9"+ shooting unit; prayer is limited to rule of one...

I want all these things from GHB2...

How do we feel about shooting in and out of combat? Personally I don't want it what do you guys think?

With how strong shooting is right now in the meta personally I thinking shooting short ranged weapons in combat such as pistols should be allowed. Shooting into combat i'm not okay with, unless you also risk hitting your own guys.

Just my opinion anons, what are yours?
>>
>>53027120
I want the new 40k modified version of AoS shooting
>>
>>53027172
Yaaaaas
>>
File: Champion_of_Khorne.png (601KB, 473x504px) Image search: [Google]
Champion_of_Khorne.png
601KB, 473x504px
How do I stop KO taking my bloodthirster off the board in turn 1 every time?
>>
>>53027120
>How do we feel about shooting in and out of combat? Personally I don't want it what do you guys think?

I want the new 40k 8th rules for shooting. 1) no shooting if an enemy unit is within 1" of your unit except side-arms. 2) no shooting into combats

same ability no longer stacks is good too, same with prayers being rule of 1 checked (as they should always have been)
>>
>>53027213
take the formation with three bloodthirsters and minimum battleline and murder all the blimps when you go first.

That formation looks so crazy good... anyone tried it or seen it in action?
>>
>>53027213
Summon him with 8 blood points at the end of the game
>>
File: IMG_1648.jpg (103KB, 336x442px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1648.jpg
103KB, 336x442px
>>53027120

You can shoot into your own combat (enemy model within 3" of you) but cannot fire at enemy units that have a model within 3" of another friendly unit.

I like all the proposed changes as while I love castellants I realize stacking 2+ of them is absolute bullshit.

>fulminators don't get a price increase on their absurd 6"/3" shooting
>>
>>53022245
Leave him alone
>>
>players take it in turns to activate units across the board to fight – this can get quite tactical, as both players need to choose the combats where dealing maximum damage will be important to them, while trying to limit enemy retaliation on their valuable or fragile models.

literally the new 40K combat phase

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/02/new-warhammer-40000-fight-phase-may2gw-homepage-post-4/
>>
>>53027286
>>53027226
>>53027284

And people think I'm nuts that I think keeping the celestant prime off the board until turn 3 is a good thing
>>
>>53027284
Zilfin would still deep strike on top of you and kill the bloodthirsters that turn. That list is cheesy.
>>
>>53027462
You should leave him off the board until turn 6.
>>
>>53027213
30 Bloodletter blocks.
>>
>>53027447
40k is literally AoS 2.0
Love all the changes
>>
>>53027619
I'm angry about all the changes, the game actually might be worth picking up now and I'll have to spend money getting an army.
>>
>>53027745
If you play daemons you can play both you dummy
>>
>>53027286
Solid plan, but in an objective based tourny scene having one at the end is never that great.
>>
File: Solo Bull.jpg (2MB, 1585x1648px) Image search: [Google]
Solo Bull.jpg
2MB, 1585x1648px
Thoughts on Warherds? What do you think of them in 1000 point games?

I know that they would lose to anything that shits out ranged damage but I think that their battalion has potential as a fun list.

Allegiance: Chaos
Doombull (120)
- General
- Great Axe
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
3 x Bullgors (180)
- Great Axes
3 x Bullgors (180)
- Great Axes
3 x Bullgors (180)
- Great Axes
Ghorgon (220)
Bullgor Stampede (120)

Total: 1000/2000

This is what I currently want to run. What tips would you have for fighting against heavy ranged armies besides praying?

Also, rate my bullgor. I know that I won't ever be as good as some of the people who post in these threads but I would like your opinions on it anyways.
>>
>>53027786
only issue is daemons don't really appeal to me in either game
>>
>>53027120
>point increase for all 9"+ shooting unit
seems pretty lazy way to do it
not everything that shoots is good enough to deserve a points increase, some could use a points decrease to even become relevant.
pic related
>>
>>53026354
For over a year now I genuinely thought he was called a stroker.
It makes much more sense now.

Thanks. AoS is a little less funny now though.
>>
>>53027842
Bullgor would look decent enough if it weren't for the horns. If you don't want to be fancy, just make them some kind of bone shade rather than pure, dazzling white.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
What do we think of this? Spotted in new white dwarf. Shadow war Armageddon for Aos?
>>
File: 1493522394325.jpg (124KB, 600x1031px) Image search: [Google]
1493522394325.jpg
124KB, 600x1031px
By morning you'll be naught but bones!

Allegiance: Soulblight

Leaders
Vampire Lord (140)
- Mount: Flying Horror
Vampire Lord (140)
- Mount: Flying Horror
Vampire Lord On Abyssal Terror (300)
- General
- Vampiric Sword & Shield
- Trait: Ruler of the Night
- Artefact: Tomb Blade

Battleline
5 x Blood Knights (260)
- Soulblight Battleline
5 x Blood Knights (260)
- Soulblight Battleline
5 x Blood Knights (260)
- Soulblight Battleline

Units
6 x Vargheists (320)
6 x Vargheists (320)

>>
File: 99120201047_ChaosWarriors01.jpg (88KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120201047_ChaosWarriors01.jpg
88KB, 600x620px
What models do you anons think have really stood the test of time?

I vote chaos warriors, their cloaks are fucking beautiful when painted with blends, and when I play them I get to see the prettiest part of the model, which is rare. Yes I know their pose is not so dynamic as their stance is from the rank and file days. Still, their armour, size and Barbute helemts fit into the AOS aesthetic. Also if you have a unit of 30 they're not going to be taken off the board easily and there is nothing more paintful than having your favourite models swept off the table in the early rounds

Personally I think chaos are really lucky to have such a lovely unit even if it's an old one. Not to mention how good value they are for money. 16 for £25 meaning £50 GWRP for 540 pts and 32 models, 30 for the unit and two to convert into exalted heroes, it's a brilliant kit that leaves you with so many bits!
>>
>>53027925
I mean, i'll give it a shot but ultimately i'd like something more akin to mordheim with specific units that could be used in the game, it'd be a great chance to frehen up the free peoples and devoted of sigmar ranges and god knows they need it.
>>
>>53027896
Thanks for the advice! What colours would you recommend for horns/hooves other than white? Since the main body is mostly black/white I feel that having the horns be white looks pretty boring.
>>
File: DELET.png (378KB, 475x467px) Image search: [Google]
DELET.png
378KB, 475x467px
>>53027120
>prayer is limited to rule of one...
>*Autistic squeaking*
>>
>>53028022
start with a dark brown, gradually go up to bone
>>
File: il_fullxfull.246066640.jpg (257KB, 1500x1122px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.246066640.jpg
257KB, 1500x1122px
>>53028065
actually bull horns typically go from light to dark, so the inverse of that would suit a bull.
>>
>>53028114
I didn't know that, was just going off how I paint horns for pretty much everything.
>>
File: Cedar-with-his-horns-trimmed.jpg (681KB, 2430x1368px) Image search: [Google]
Cedar-with-his-horns-trimmed.jpg
681KB, 2430x1368px
>>53028137
Well it's not what you'd expect, because we tend to think of the progression of colour to go dark to light, antlers and the horns of dragons in fantasy settings tend to go from dark to light. But as far as I know pretty much all bulls go from light to dark. I think that's why GW do a lot of light to dark horns on chaos dudes because they're emulating that of a bull's
>>
>>53028198
>>53028137
>>53028114
>>53028065

Original bull guy here,

This is very interesting discussion about horns. I think I will try my best to find a bone white and then try to do this with a dark brown.
>>
>>53026921
Show us at least 3 gears and cogs on the new models.

Fuck it, show us one. I know there is at least one, I just want to see if you can even find it,
>>
>>53026921
Lots of the arkanaut axes look liket they are wrenches secondary but gears they are not.
>>
File: Alarielle(1).jpg (116KB, 875x1580px) Image search: [Google]
Alarielle(1).jpg
116KB, 875x1580px
Done a bit more to Alarielle.
Not even got around to assembling the beetle and I dread to think how long it's going to take to paint.
>>
>>53027987
There is something cool about SOME models when they are all the same looking and in massed ranked.
Chaos warriors, high elf spearmen, etc.

For me a timeless model is the old carnifex, and for fantasy is the woodelf dragon
>>
>>53027842
warherds don't give you enough doods to take objectives. You should go Chaos grand alliance and take some gor or ungor raiders as chaff and to cap points.
Also you have no mortal wounds. Try a warp lightning cannon or a Jabbersythe

>>53028018
its more hinterlands than mordheim
>>
>>53028532
30 chaos warriors in a big formation with shields look fucking epic imho and 60 wounds with mortal wound 5+ and 4+ base save
+1'd while you have 20+ means everything is gonna struggle to get through it. Then when we start talking Khorne with +1 attack and a prayer for 1+ save, and some of those blood tithe points you basically have one hell of a powerhouse unit.

it does cost 540 points though.
>>
>>53027842
You need to hit it with a wash of agrax earthshade, then layer up a bit more.

You can just paint em like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-hvOoRDPCM
>>
>>53013257
Is this for real?
>>
Seraphon player, how do you equip your skinks? I think it is clear bolt spitters are better, but do you equip the shield or close combat weapon?

The shield let's you ignore -1 rend, but on a 6+ unit is that important? It might be okay if you are on terrain with mystic shield but chances are you are not doing that and most weapons don't even have rend.

The close combat weapon is pathetic 5+ to hit 4+ to wound. But the skinks should never be in close combat.

So how should I equip them?
>>
>>53028660
I want to fight something like that, i'd love to throw 60 Plague monks at that, even if it just mindlessly smashing two blocks in the middle, fights like that look great and make good photos

Everyone at my lgs plays elite armies, no one takes hoards and all the new forces have been so ultra elite and minimal.

We need a Goblin release to bring back the numbers
>>
File: slaan.jpg (1MB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
slaan.jpg
1MB, 1500x1125px
>>53026975
here.

>>53028741
I'd fight you. My strategy is mass bodies.
>>
>>53028769
Think we could also get seperate pics of some of the bigger figures? There's a lot of stuff to look at there and the big stuff's at the back. Are those tzeenchian auxillaries I see there too? Also, what the fuck is with that one dude on the very left edge of your image? Is he okay?
>>
File: kos2.jpg (468KB, 1000x630px) Image search: [Google]
kos2.jpg
468KB, 1000x630px
>>53028913
Sure.
Yes I have some tzeentch

>Also, what the fuck is with that one dude on the very left edge of your image? Is he okay?
There are lots of them on the left edge. Which one?
>>
File: Bull Rear.jpg (2MB, 1740x1354px) Image search: [Google]
Bull Rear.jpg
2MB, 1740x1354px
>>53028577
I like the idea of fitting in a warp lightning cannon to help with range/mortal wounds. Could you give me a sample list for how you would fit it in at 1000 points?

I am just starting to get into the hobby and quite honestly don't really have the cash to buy a massively expensive list. I kind of wanna have a solid 1000 points that I can bring to any local tourny and still be decently competitive (I don't really know any WAAC players in my area and most games seem to be at around 1000 points).

Honestly the reason I got into warherds was because a)I liked the look of beastmen in Total War and b)the battalion seemed to be designed around 1000 point play.

Pic is a back glance at the two completed models so far. I was reminded of the cows in Diablo 2 and wanted to sort of recreate their look.
>>
File: khorne.png (7MB, 1536x2000px) Image search: [Google]
khorne.png
7MB, 1536x2000px
>>53028741
I'm the Khorne player, this is my list

Gore Pilgrims 80
Bloodsecrator 120
Slaughterpriest 100
Slaughterpriest 100
Bloodwarriors x5 100
Bloodreavers x 10 70

Murderhost 20
Bloodmaster 80
Bloodletters x 30 300
Skull cannon x 1 180
Bloodcrushers x 3 160

Mighty lord of Khorne 140
Chaos warriors x 30 540

Total 1990

Don't know if that's a true horde, but i find 30 chaos warriors and 30 bloodletters are solid forces that people just have to deal with, they have to choose between my heroes and powerhouse units, and either way i get blood tithe.

That said, true net lists and tourny lists still fuck me, i mean getting shot is never good, and i can't stop it.
>>
>>53029062
the one just above the first guy from the bottom to get cut off
>>
Anyone play WQ hammerhal?

Can you spoil the story for us? What happens with the Slaanesh sorcerer?
>>
>when the slowest unit in your army has a 10 inch move
>>
dumb question, do you use plastic glue or super glue for resin models?
>>
>>53029738

Super glue.
>>
>>53029738
super glue

plastic glue works by slightly dissolving the plastic and fusing the two halves together, it can't do that to resin.
>>
>>53029788
It only works for polystyrene. I don't even think that resin CAN be melted
>>
>>53015981
damn that's cool. total BTFO to grey tide waacfags right there. Way to go GW!
>>
>>53029814
depends on the resin.
Pretty sure Finecast starts getting soft before it burns.
>>
Reminder to rebase your minis
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ohYLSaHzf8v5FM7Luou-wNtA5YEPv9DkglbrO_n9ukk/htmlview
>>
File: kos.jpg (389KB, 809x617px) Image search: [Google]
kos.jpg
389KB, 809x617px
reminder that Slaanesh was the only one who tried to stop the end times.

Why would the chaos gods want to unmake the world when mortal suffering/actions make them stronger?
>>
>>53031088
>spend more money
I normally don't think people are actually GW shills, but anon you have me convinced.
>>
>>53031397
He also got kicked out of the pantheon for this shit, and got his ass kicked by Tyrion and Malerion. That makes him the only chaos god who actually got slapped around by the minor gods, what a faggot
>>
>>53031397
Theres more world's now
>>
File: 1490209047774.jpg (17KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
1490209047774.jpg
17KB, 500x508px
>>53031977
>>
>>53031977
Not that it matters to slaanesh since (s)he's tied up in Malerions basement while Tyrion gives him the sun fang in ways (s)he can't even gain pleasure from.
>>
>>53024393

Top Kek.

A Doombull would tear a Vampire apart and then take a big cow shit on its corpse.
>>
File: Doombull image.jpg (133KB, 704x643px) Image search: [Google]
Doombull image.jpg
133KB, 704x643px
>>53024393
>stab with vampire sword, penetrates all the way to the guard
>Doombull laughs and eats you
>>
>>53033039
>5+ save
Lmaoing at your life
>>
>>53033222
>Doombull has 6+ save vs Vampire
>Vampire has 6+ save vs Doombull
>>
File: Me and my demons.jpg (265KB, 1149x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Me and my demons.jpg
265KB, 1149x1600px
>>53033222
A doombull would rek a vampire, and a vampire doombull would be even stronger.
>>
File: Fiiiiight.jpg (61KB, 1122x793px) Image search: [Google]
Fiiiiight.jpg
61KB, 1122x793px
>>53033316
Which one is better?
There's only one way to find out,
>>
>>53033222

> Immortal Lord of the Undead empowered by necromantic energy
> 5 wounds

GG
>>
>>53033350
Bull
>8 wounds
>3 damage
>-2 rend

Vampire
>5 wounds
>D3 damage
>-1 rend
>magic

pretty even
>>
>>53027925
It's GW's version of hinterlands. Or just AoS version of kill-team.

Calling it right now.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (8KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8KB, 201x251px
>>53033407
>>53033340
>>53033316
>all these furfags
>>
Ay /AoSg/
need some help, got my some thunderers and I'm trying to figure out what to outfit them with as a crew.
I'm considering having a stock rifle group with a second cannon heavy group and a maybe a mortar crew
what do you folks suggest
>>
>>53033426
furfags play skaven not beastmen
>>
>>53033454
GAY furfags play beastmen
>>
>>53033444
I had planned to do the same as you. Seems like the best way to go about it imo.
>>
>>53033684
sounds good my dude.
>>
So I like gold and red, I like being a badass defender of humanity, and I really like having easy to paint and assemble armies because fuck if I have time to spend dicking around anymore between work and family. It really sounds like Stormcast are made for me, but do they have personality? I fucking love when my dudes are more than just meatslab the Xbox huge guardian of awesomeness, I need something personal. Are they supermarines with even less personality, or like greek demigods with everything pumped up to eleven from a base human?
>>
>>53014616
We all know we're gonna be phased out
>>
>>53034381
They're einheirjar from norse myth. The souls of great warriors taken by the gods to serve in the battle to end the world. Except that battle is NOW so get going!
But to be more serious, yes, they do have personality, but much like the undead from dark souls, they lose it bit by bit every time they're reforged, eventually "Hollowing" and turning into singleminded warriors who only exist to fight chaos. This only happens cause nagash is a cunt though
>>
>>53034381
the reforging tends to make their individual personalities more caricatural and obsessive each time they go through it.

also stop using quirky nerdXD speak
>>
New thread
>>53034458
>>53034458
>>53034458
>>
>>53034472
Basically, they're undead from dark souls, every time they die they get closer and closer to hollowing out and becoming an emotionless husk. But at least these hollows aren't a danger to everyone around them
>>
>>53013129
Is this image real? Like from the BT?
>>
>>53035936
Yes it is. An awesome one. I wouldn't mind having a print of it.
>>
>>53031088
What does yellow mean? I have a converted herald on a 50m base and I don't think i could fit them onto a 32mm. I find this kinda upsetting.

Any ideas on how I could fit this onto a 32mm?
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.