[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 59

File: Goblin Goon.jpg (91KB, 410x326px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Goon.jpg
91KB, 410x326px
"Fucking Goon" Edition

Previously on EDH General:
>>52955011

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread question
What's the most underappreciated block/setting?
>>
Fuck Sheldon.
>>
>>52976409
What are you talking about?
>>
>>52976692
Eldrazi Monument
>>
>>52976735
That gives flying, not vigilance, and it affects all creatures.

I'll think about it.
>>
How many reanimation spells should a reanimator deck run, and which are generally considered worth playing? I have a ton available, but I'm wondering if it's worth running things like twilight's call.
>>
>>52976588
>What's the most underappreciated block/setting?
Block: Either Time Spiral or Ice Age. They both had a ton of weird, cool stuff. Ice Age is showing some wear from years of power creep but it's still where I discover a lot of bizarre effects with no remakes or even similars. And Time Spiral has those touches of batshit insanity that make it look like the average "Custom Card"/"You make the Card" effort got actual workshopping to be good. Looking at you, sprout swarm.

>Setting
Ulgrotha. Pity the cards were mostly trash.
>>
File: Phyrexian Etchings.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Phyrexian Etchings.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
>>52976588
Coldsnap/Ice Age for most underappreciated block.
Kamigawa for most underappreciated setting.

I always find a fun and wonderful Coldsnap gems for my deck. Latest one I started using was pic related.

Kamigawa is the most underappreciated setting. The block had issues but many were out of the block's control (like Mirrodin being the shitshow it was and Commander not being a big seller) but it was the 2nd to last block in which they took many risks during design (Time Spiral being the last).
>>
>>52976929
I don't know if I'd call Time Spiral underappreciated. It's normally cited by most personalities as their favorite set in addition to most people who were around during that time. Great block though.
>>
File: new stuff.jpg (1MB, 2326x1730px) Image search: [Google]
new stuff.jpg
1MB, 2326x1730px
Remember to check your mail, friends
>>
File: 20170228_153534.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170228_153534.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>52977110
I did, anon
>>
>>52977110
>Doomsday
>>
>>52977193
Whatcha buildin'
>>
>>52977224
Nin chaos deck. The Land Tax is for my Avacyn deck.
>>
>>52977110
Those are bad but Nekusar and Gaddock Teeg etc are fine?
>>
>>52976588
OG Mirrodin, if I am allowed to meme its obviously Homelands

>>52977110
This combo is ridiculously easy to deal with after the first few times

>>52977277
Nekusar is literally sign in blood every turn, if you can't deal with it and not draw into removal you need to rethink your deck, never played against a teeg deck but plenty of anti bear cards to punish it in turn
>>
File: queen.jpg (150KB, 550x300px) Image search: [Google]
queen.jpg
150KB, 550x300px
Posted this near end of last thread so trying once more on one that isn't about to die:

About to buy a bunch of cards for a new Queen Marchesa deck, but was wondering if I left out anything extra spicy or if there's anything in here that's not as effective as I may think it is. Maybe there's too much removal or not enough creatures or something.

It may not necessarily win often with it, but I'm hoping that introducing Monarchy and playing hybrid pillowfort / group thug will be a fun new addition to the table.

Notable cards:
- Heartless Hidetsugu, Havoc Festival, Mana Barbs, Mogis, Spiteful Visions, and Sulphuric Vortex to kill everyone
- Dictate of the Twin Gods and Wound Reflection to kill everyone even faster.
- Ghostly Prison, Sphere of Safety, Norn's Annex, Island Sanctuary (not drawing doesn't matter if I'm the monarch), Kazuul, and Windborn Muse to not die.
- Deflecting Palm, Master Warcraft, Comeuppance, and Goblin Spymaster for hilarity.
- Humble Defector and Soldevi Sentry for goofy politics.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/political-suicide/

pls send second opinions
>>
File: 0429172307.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
0429172307.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>52977110
I will when I order stuff around the 3rd. Have a small sample of what I'm working with for my Hapatra deck.
>>
>>52977377
>Dictate of the Twin Gods and Wound Reflection
Gratuitous Violence, you say?
>>
>>52977423
No devoted druid/quillspike combo for infinite sneks?
>>
>>52977366
>This combo is ridiculously easy to deal with after the first few times
Not in my group. My meta is Timmytown and I get to build whatever the hell I want
>>
File: 1491242735308.gif (377KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
1491242735308.gif
377KB, 165x115px
>>52977505
>I'm so cool bragging about being in a group of casual players

Tell us more oh wise one
>>
>>52977494
They're not in my collection currently, but they are on the list of things to order.

I might go channeler initiate over druid since the latter is $5.
>>
What do you guys think of the 75% philosophy?
>>
So if I build Titania with Crucible of Worlds and Strip Mine how uncool is that on a scale of "very uncool" to "you know you're a complete asshole"
>>
File: 191.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
191.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
So I'm thinking of building her. What sort of playstyle does she support the most? If I had to go off of what her ability is, I'm going to guess combo with green ramp support?
>>
>>52977587
Try Recycle/Null Profusion for hilarity.
>>
>>52977539
Depends on the group, and where 75% falls for your deck. To compare my first EDH deck with my latest, DGM Teysa durdle at 100% would be fine, but combo tribal Breya is probs gonna stay 75%ish just so I dont scare off the local Timmies & my casual buddies.

Make a judgement call anon, and if all else fails, ask your playgroup about it.
>>
>>52977530
It's fun you should try it some time
>>
File: 1326428426285.jpg (26KB, 322x304px) Image search: [Google]
1326428426285.jpg
26KB, 322x304px
>>52977586
>mfw I do this to blow up my own lands and make a huge army
>mfw I return all my lands to the field with Splendid Reclamation

Titania is awesome dude, run it
>>
>>52977674
Okay yeah that sounds fun.
>>
>>52977646
No thanks. I'm not enough of a cocksucking faggot
>>
>>52977609
That is pretty hilarious. I'm going to guess that you'd combine this with a lot of effects that involve graveyard play and/or Praetor's Counsel after you get those two enchantments out?
>>
>>52977686
It's a shame you hate fun
>>
I'm sorry I've been posting this the past few threads but I am still seeking better options for it. Buying cards as I am able to, what else could I add or remove from it?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/before-nixilis-there-was-him/
>>
>>52977530
How much shitposting mileage you gonna squeeze out of that pic because if it's much more I'll just filter posters with that image name.
>>
>>52977827
What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>52977689
In my extremely casual opinion, retrace cards like Worm Harvest and Spitting Image are okay for getting extra lands out of your hand (for Damia) or getting extra spells (from land draws if Recycle's out).

But if you've got Recycle or Null Profusion out AND keep Damia out then you don't have to worry about a thing.
>>
>>52977881
It means you've used that image several times in multiple threads all with equally worthless contributions to said threads and I'm just curious how long until you don't find that image amusing anymore.
>>
>>52977909
Not even that guy. I actually didn't know it was possible to filter by specific images
>>
>>52977938
Some userscripts let you do that. It's much more useful on other board where people try to force memes.
>>
>>52976588
Kamigawa remains one of my favorite Magic settings because it actually looked like it had some effort in it and didn't go for cheap pop-Japanese culture and myth and instead really dug deep for some interesting stuff. It's a shame that it'll either never get revisited or if it does it won't be the same.

My other vote for most underrated block is Lorwyn. I love a lot of the art and cards that came out of it and the fairy tale vibe it gave off was great.
>>
>>52977377
Delaying shield, never lose monarch
>>
File: waifu.jpg (30KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
30KB, 223x311px
Is there anything my deck is missing?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-06-15-mono-black-goodies/
>>
>>52978535
Also does Luminarch Ascension real good.
>>
>>52978554
Bloodgift Demon but no Seizan?

And maybe a Filth to not reanimate.
>>
>>52977448
This is only really useful with Heartless Hidetsugu given the relative dearth of creatures in this deck, but it's a good idea.

>>52978535
Now that's spicy. Noice.
>>
More of the Seven Steel Thanes when? I want Kraynox to finally show up.
>>
>>52978612
Oh, then Gisela instead.
>>
>>52978613
>Kraynox
Are you me? He's like the last interesting one though. Geth and Sheoldred are printed, Roxith is dead, and Azax-Azog and Vraan are dull as shit. OK, I guess there's Thrissik, who's fairly interesting and, IMO, one of the more likely Phyrexians to join up with the anti-establishment faction alongside Urabrask. Melira really fits the bill for his "destroyer" if you think too much about it but Krayanox is better, being a freaky oil-spider-oracle
>>
Besides Samut, is there replacement for Xenagos if you want to go more colors than RG?
>>
>>52978699
He was the one I chose to mention by name simply because he stands out the most to me. If anything Kraynox feels like he fits the bill for black Praetor better than anyone, possibly even better than Sheoldred who is pretty dead now. He embodies the Old Phyrexia way to a T. Roxith seems like he could've been cool too, but like you said he's dead.
>>
>>52978736
Literally anything with blue anon.
>>
File: Sand Warrior token.png (369KB, 406x546px) Image search: [Google]
Sand Warrior token.png
369KB, 406x546px
>>52978736
Hazezon Tamar.
>>
>>52978736
Anime or Anime.
>>
>>52977539

I prefer a 90% approach
>>
>>52977539
What is that?
>>
>>52977539
It's a myth. There is no such thing as a deck that can win games against tier 1 decks and doesn't completely steamroll atog tribal.
>>
>>52979048
>he's never lost to an Atogatog with a fireshrieker.
>>
>>52979048
It's called control.
>>
>>52979539
Ok, so somehow you are playing a control deck that has good enough wincons to still win against tier 1 decks, and those don't work as well against shit decks.

Reread my post, I never said slow down tier 1 decks, I said beat them. A dedicated control deck with cheap answers can slow down the best decks in the format, sure. But how would one of those decks actually win against it, without stomping weaker decks.

If you wanna talk shit from here on out I'mma need a list negro.
>>
>>52979048
Yisan scales with the table well as he's so weak to wraths and removal which are more prevalent in mid power metas than balls to the wall cutthroat.
>>
File: Uhh.jpg (105KB, 400x630px) Image search: [Google]
Uhh.jpg
105KB, 400x630px
Why did they need to kill of the eldrazi in the most boring way possible
>>
File: dragonlordsilumgar.png (133KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
dragonlordsilumgar.png
133KB, 223x311px
Is otherpeoplescards tribal any good?

Or would Dragonlord Ojutai be more interesting? I have an urge to build around a Dragonlord, but all the non-blue ones seem uninteresting in EDH.
>>
>>52979849
>Is otherpeoplescards tribal any good?
Sounds like the average Lazav deck desu
>>
>>52978971
Make decks strong enough to win consistently, but not strong enough to be oppressive to the rest of the playgroup by stifling game variance.
>>
>>52979674
Why do you think tier 1 decks don't run removal?

More importantly, why do you think that babbies casual decks somehow run more removal than tier 1 decks. The yisan decks I have seen typically play him turn 2 and win around 3 turns later. If you don't think consistent turn 5 wins with immunity from spot removal after you untap on turn 3 is too strong for casual tables it's probably because you don't understand the meaning of the word.

Like I said, there is no deck that does both.
>>
>>52979988
TFC runs Swords, Fire Covenant, Abrupt Decay and Chain of Vapor.
>>
>>52980021
And how many tutors? A shit ton. Never mind the fact that if tazri just races yisan he should win anyway, so that's a bad example for yisan.
>>
>>52976588
Plenty of people love it but I'd still say Tempest. The golden age of the game before Urza block ruined everything.
>>
>>52979988
That's a lot of presumptions there. I never said that T1 decks run no removal. They don't run as much as mid-high powered decks. There is a spectrum between Craw Wurm and Doomsday, no-one but you mentioned baby's first decks.
>>
>>52980067
I didn't mention Ydris whatsoever. That was another guy. You made the claim that T1 decks don't run removal but I listed one that has effectively 10ish copies of removal.
>>
>>52980158
There's now like 4 people discussing this and you're never replying to the right person.
>>
>>52980122
Negro what I am "presuming" is the definition of 75% which is supposed to be a deck that can beat tier 1 decks without steamrolling casual ones.

Yisan steamrolls casuals.
>>
>>52980186
I seriously do not even know what we're arguing anymore.
>>
>>52980224
Yeah, I'll concede that's true. I was a bit glib in how I said it, but I was meaning that Yisan is good for competitive and won't dominate "75%" scenes the way Tazri or Jeleva would. Maybe you can't build a deck that's ok across all power levels, but you can have one that can straddle a couple.
>>
What are your top 3 "bad" cards that you like to play?
1. nightscape familiar
2 goblindark dwellers
3 chandra flamecaller
>>
File: 29ftp2d.jpg (633KB, 1219x1599px) Image search: [Google]
29ftp2d.jpg
633KB, 1219x1599px
I bought the gay kings deck from but it had a land pack inside of it and no commander cards. Can i return it to target or are they going to give me grief about returning trading cards?
>>
>>52981360
Contact wizards instead
>>
>>52978554
>Sheoldred
MLD is probably fine with you
>>
>>52975608
How is it stingy? MOST cards cost less than a dollar. Almost ALL expensive cards have marginally worse versions for under a dollar. If you can't put together a solid casual deck for under $60 then yes, you are bad at building decks. I've built a $60 Temur dragon tribal that slayed in casual, the most expensive cards were Deadeye Navigator and Utvara Hellkite. I've built a $60 Daretti deck that slays in Casual EDH. OH NO I had to skip the Arcbound Ravager, who gives a shit that one card isn't going to make the deck that much better, and it's not worth $35 for a silly little card. I have a family, a child, priorities, responsibilities, and I could have all the money in the world and STILL wouldn't waste it on super expensive magic cards, because that shit is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>52980679
familiar and dwellers are pretty good cards, what are you talking about?
>>
File: 6270_200w.jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
6270_200w.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
>>52978554
I used to think that land destruction had no place in casual EDH... But now I realize I had a warped view of casual EDH. I used to think that cards like Sheoldred, Jitte, Ulamog, a few God enchantment creatures, etc all had no place in casual EDH.
Nowadays I realize that these things are fine for casual EDH, but with that realization I've also realized that Land Destruction should be fine as well. The truth is that if someone is playing mono red they not only can't take care of powerful enchantments but they have very few ways to take out creatures with over 7 toughness or indestructible creatures. So are you going to tell me that they should either A) get very lucky or B) willingly lose the game because they have no options?
No, neither of those choices are acceptable. The truth is that land destruction is the most powerful tool in Red's arsenal, not using it puts mono red players at a supreme disadvantage. If you feel like you're allowed to use supremely strong creatures "because they can be removed" or supremely strong enchantments "because they can be removed" then I feel that I'm allowed to use supremely strong land destruction "because you can run mana rocks".
And just as you say "Well you should run more removal!" I say "Well you should run more mana rocks!" and then you can say "Well I do but they aren't in my hand right now!" and I reply WITH THE EXACT SAME SENTIMENT towards removal.
So at the end of the day I say this; If the point of casual edh is still to win, which it obviously is if you're running $20 powerful praetors, then I'm going to do what I can to win, which is to keep you from being able to play those praetors.
>>
Help me /tg/, I have room in my deck case for one more commander deck and I'm not sure what to build! So far I have:

Aurelia Boros Midrange/Aggro
Breya artifacts (exactly what you think)
Melek Spellslinger
Kalitas 2.0 Stax/Tribal/Combo
Roon Landfall/Bant "Goodstuff" (it doesn't go full ham)
Zegana Ocean Themed (Merfolk, Leviathans, etc)
Lovisa Coldeyes Tribal/Land Hate

I don't know what to do for my last deck!
>>
>>52981714
QFT
>>
>>52981714
This is good bait, but you are coming on a little strong with arcbound ravager. Mox diamond is an expensive card that would actually be played, try using that as your example the next time you shitpost, you might get more (you)
>>
>>52981800
I genuinely hope this is bait, but I'm worried that it might not be
>>
File: 200_s.gif (46KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
46KB, 356x200px
>>52982127
>He's a Sheoldred apologist
>>
how do i convince my play group that i am not the biggest threat at the table? for the last month they keep focusing me while the sliver player just amasses this giant sliver army and wins. they are even complaining after each game that the sliver guy keeps winning as if they didnt directly cause it. its starting to become really fucking annoying and making me not want to play anymore.
>>
>>52982162
Try using a commander that isn't max tier faggotry t b h
>>
>>52982162
Judging by your behavior here it's because you are a whiny bitch. It's probably a lot of fun for them to blow you out and watch you react.

Or maybe it's the cards you play, idk. You seem dumb as hell otherwise you would have given more info
>>
>>52982162
Stop playing Sheoldred is the only answer
>>
>>52981965
Jhoira
Every wheel effect ever made
Tons of copy spell/ability cards
Lots of mana rocks
A bit of the best mill around (Traumatize etc)

>Play Jhoira
>Spam copied wheel effects
>In between each resolve, suspend anything from each fresh hand that you don't want to discard, while everyone else just dumps tons of cards.
>Copy those suspended wheels as they come out, repeat etc
>Mill all those nerds out with 10 wheels.
>>
>>52982162
Sometimes people don't understand how threatening certain cards are and if you're just defensively bitching about how your own board state isn't dangerous, people are going to get suspicious. Point out every time Mana Echoes, any of the legendary Slivers or other key pieces are on the board that those are top priority and if that player isn't dealt with, he will win. Eventually they'll listen unless your own autism is too severe.
>>
>>52982173
i dont though, they keep saying the reason they do it is because one time like 2 months ago when i built a bruna deck i one shot everyone with extra turns and stuff. since that day i have never played that deck again but they keep bringing it up as if all of my decks are like that and they know damn well they are not

>>52982192
>group keeps ignoring the biggest threat
>how do stop?
what other info do you need? are you not capable of understanding the problem? i dont know how to simplify it further

>>52982199
i dont play degenerate shit
>>
>>52982293
Sounds like you made a mistake and are still paying for it which sounds about right. They'll get over it eventually. Also stop over extending early.
>>
>>52982262
i do all that and then they just ignore it until he have 10 10/10 slivers all with double strike, indestructible, flying, and infect. then they bitch about it and act like it wasnt something he has been building for like 5 turns meanwhile im playing a 1v3 game just watching him drop sliver after sliver
>>
>>52982162
>Am the only sliver player at my shop
>Been winning occasionally recently only through people ignoring my combo pieces
>Nervousness intensifies
>>
>>52980679
T I B A L T
>>
>>52982162
What are you playing?
>>
File: omnath.png (143KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
omnath.png
143KB, 223x311px
>>52982539
>>
>>52982566
??????
Unless you're constantly pubstomping casuals, I can understand it, but if you're not playing a money deck, that's second worst threat assessment next to the one in my LGS
>>
>>52982293
Yeah, it's definitely your personality. Either they are all drooling retards that won't ever stop focusing you down or it's because they don't like playing with you. Take a hint and git gone.
>>
>>52982589
like i said, they are mad that i built a really strong bruna deck and won the one time i played it like 2 months ago to the point where they are purposely going game losing shit. the sliver player has won every game we have played for an entire month with the exception of 1. its fucking infuriating
>>
>>52982622
>2 months ago
Anon, that's obviously not it.

I think they just don't like you.
>>
>>52982635
they literally said "if we dont focus you you are just going to go off with stuff like bruna"

and if they didnt like me like that they wouldnt show up at my house every week to play
>>
>>52982622
It's like everyone targets me at my LGS, because of my Brion Stoutarm deck.
And yes, even the Talrand netdecker.
>>
>>52982647
>if they didnt like me like that they wouldnt show up at my house every week to play

kek, they are just using you for your pad, that's even worse.
>>
>>52982727
well if thats the case it wont be for much longer, if it happens again next week im done playing with them. ill just go to the LGS that 5 minutes down the road to play. id rather not have to completely drop a group though
>>
>>52978882
I wish there was an actual sand warrior token for him
Here's my list for him, it specializes in beat down but has one intimate combo for emergency purposes
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hazezon-the-sandman-1/
>>
>>52981714
>this entire post
While some cards are cheaper than a dollar, if you run one sol ring, command tower, ghost quarters, or ANY colour defining card like rancor, stp, lightning bolt, or counterspell, you lose anywhere from 3-5 slots for cards PER CARD. What if something rises in price? Do you need to change your deck?

I can build a $40 deck, doesn't mean I should, and doesn't mean I'm bad if it's garbage water. If, as an adult, you can't save $100, you're an idiot who shouldn't have children, much less a hobby.
>>
>>52981714
>being so poor that $35 is considered expensive
>>
>>52982939
>If, as an adult, you can't save $100, you're an idiot who shouldn't have children, much less a hobby.
Pretty much this in all honesty.
>>
>>52982939
I've saved plenty, but I'd rather give my kids that money for legitimate things than spend it on a silly game, you dweeb.
>>
>>52983182
>I'd rather give my kids that money for legitimate things than spend it on a silly game

This statement holds true for any amount of money.

Why do you play this hobby, you clearly can't afford it if you want to be a good dad.
>>
>>52983182
Legitimatising action is relative to perception. If, by spending your money on your kids, you neglect yourself to the extent that you're a moody bitch, you're also neglecting your kids. Self-entitled holier than thou parents are a cancer because they're too consumed with their subjective wants to understand any form of introspection or critical thought.

$100 is $20 over five cheques. You have that much money, you're just using your kids as a crutch to justify your spendthrift attitude and poor deckmanship, and you should not be taken seriously.
>>
>>52983225
>>52983286

Fuck Magic and fuck white people!
>>
>>52983182
>silly game
Then why are you even here. Don't use your kids as an excuse. You fucking goon.
>>
File: 312.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
312.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
Thoughts on pic related in a Angry Omnath deck?
>>
>>52980679
Mask of Avacyn and Extinguish All Hope
>>
>>52982919
Intimate combo?
>>
>>52983396
You would need something that'll enable you to play multiple lands per turn. And while it's a neat card and would fit in well in such a deck, it seems like it would be a little low impact. Focus on card advantage and land ramp, ideally you shouldnt have to rely on bouncing your own lands to get the triggers.
>>
What are your favorite or go-to combos for infinite mana (regardless of color)?
>>
>>52978431
>It's a shame that it'll either never get revisited or if it does it won't be the same.

This makes me sad because I know its true. We all know Kamigawa is not being considered for a return from what Maro has said before. Not to mention that people just arn't interested in deep cultural appreciation. All the cool stuff that only people raised in japan know about their culture that was put onto cards for us all to enjoy won't ever happen again. Truly a sad thing to think about. I probably dosn't help being a weeb and wanting to see more neat asian inspired shit.

I guarantee the next set with an asian feel to it will have the samurai tribal everyone craves, but other than that obvious nod fear the rest of it will be thin and uninspired.
>>
>>52982919
>Mishra's Toy Workshop
What do you use for your tokens, anon?
>>
>>52983396
>>52984368
Kinda funny with Burgeoning.
>>
>>52980679
1. Reality Strobe
2. Ihsan's Shade
3. Final Fortune
>>
>>52984369
Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth.
>>
>>52980679
1. Angel's Grace
2. Any of the self-recurring suspend cards (Chronomantic Escape, Reality Strobe, Festering March, Arc Blade, Cyclical Evolution)
3. Absolute Grace and Absolute Law
>>
>>52984416
Right, but that's reliant on having other people play lands. When I design a deck, I prefer to design it in such a way where what I want to do isn't contingent on other people doing or nothing stuff. In an Oomnath landfall deck, I would prioritize card advantage and ramp to having to rely on others to enable my ramp and triggers.

It's not a bad combo by any stretch, it's just a method I wouldn't do. Limit your opponents options.
>>
File: 1343449203411.jpg (61KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1343449203411.jpg
61KB, 640x960px
>>52983372
get the fuck out before i personally beat you to death with a rubber hose
>>
>>52984700
>paying the troll his '(you)'s
anon, please, you're better than this.
>>
>>52982919
You should cut Altar of Bone for Eldritch Evolution. It only costs 1 more and if you sac hazezon to it you can drop any creature from your library save for Decimator of the Provinces.
>>
>>52984700
>actually replying
I'm disappointed anon. Snarky replies are only cool when you break someone's spirit through the unbridled fury of logic and vernacular.
>>
>>52982919
Is Akroma your only source of haste?
>>
File: hrzgal.yue3.jpg (31KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
hrzgal.yue3.jpg
31KB, 640x360px
>playan Zada against Cromat, Damia and Mayael
>Damia drops Whispering Madness with like 15 cards in hand
>everyone groans because they liked their hands
>casts some other shit, ends up tapped out on my turn
>Past in Flames
>Inner Fire
>Flashback all my other rituals and token spells
>Empty the Warrens, Storm count 10
>drop Zada
>Heat Shimmer, Twinflame
>Make like 200 tokens with haste
>Swing and win

I fucking love this deck
>>
>>52985118
Got a list?
>>
>>52982919
How the fuck are the holiday promos legal in legacy and Commander?
>>
>>52985477
I can't think of any silver-bordered cards named on the legacy banlist.

I dunno why people don't try more shit with Cheatyface.
>>
>>52985477
Houses rules > legality.
>>
File: bruna.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
bruna.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>52983396
I like it.

Bruna (UW) or Dragonlord Ojutai for UW voltron-y?
>>
>>52985594
I'll try telling the judge that at the next Legacy tournament.
>>
>>52985645
That's a tournament, not a kitchen table. House rules only work when they're agreed to by the people you're playing with. They're called "house rules" for a reason.
>>
>>52985645
>Legacy tournament
Good one.
>>
>>52985620
1000% Bruna. At least she can instantly recover from any board wipe when you just re-cast her (except exile wipes), and she has far more synergy with aura voltron anyway. (plus her ability lets you attach things to her even if she has shroud, so you don't have to avoid shroud auras)
>>
>>52985550
>>52985594
I'm blind. I didn't see the silver border and assumed tappedout wasn't full of shit.
>>
File: 1482975499193.jpg (122KB, 425x638px) Image search: [Google]
1482975499193.jpg
122KB, 425x638px
>>52977674
Gotta love it when you can openly cast Natural Affinity in response to a Wrath spell.
>>
Now that Leovold is banned and Kallia is constantly bullied and is only gread in 1v1 what would be a good general to build? I have a good job and like to be a dick.

3 colors only.
>>
Is it a good idea to get into MTGO for casual EDH purposes now with the DN coming? What's the general playerbase like?
>>
>>52985995
Anafenza reanimator.
>>
>>52986026
MTGO is ok for EDH but you don't have any real bro feels, best use it for pauper, spending real money on digital product is insane.
>>52986047
that sounds pretty dope actually. I'll put that on the list incase theres any other ideas in the thread
>>
File: 167[1].jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
167[1].jpg
72KB, 312x445px
What are some fun cards you like that you don't see around much?
>>
>>52985723
In theory, wouldn't she still be able to recover from wipes that exile all creatures? The auras would still go to the graveyard.
>>
Building Marchesa with Sunforger package. What are the best things to tutor out?
>>
>>52986160
No one at my lgs plays this card, let alone sapling. I was going to change that and finish my Sapling deck, but sneks got the better of me.
>>
>>52986232
I play sapling, I even bought a foil one. She's the better Treefolk commander, anyone that says Doran is good is kidding themselves
>>
File: 14[1].jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
14[1].jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>52986160
It always seems to get overshadowed by Animate Dead. The flash utility is amazing.
>>
>>52986255
Someone tried to tell me that I would've been better off using him instead of Sapling. I gave him the "you're a smart guy, but you say dumb shit a lot."
>>
>>52986232
Ooh I got a question about this: if you enchant a B/G creature, say a 3/3, and you swing at someone with more than 5 creatires, you can only assign 5 points worth of deathtouch damage to blockers, right?
>>
>>52986533
Correct. The attacker with 5 power and deathtouch can't assign more damage than it has power.
>>
>>52986232
>5 mana aura
Voltron has better enchantments to use.

Sapling is the only commander that can make use of this well.
>>
>>52977377
Hidetsugu and (gratuitous violence, furnace of rath, etc) kills everyone at the table
Hidetsugu and Gisela kills everyone but you
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/sydri-shenanigans-3/

Any advice on this? Just trying to make something that can sit back most of the time and go off every now and then.
>>
>>52986167
Yes, I meant things that exile her auras, like Merciless Eviction.
>>
Are there any good cards for monoblack specifically to hate on eldrazi and colorless shit? The opponent gets eye of ugin or planar whatever and it's basically game over from that point.
>>
File: strands.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
strands.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>52986333
So I heard you like necromancy so we made it repeatable
>>
>>52986898
Land destruction like sink hole. Koskun Falls isn't that bad. There are pox-style effects to make them sad a bunch of things. Mutilate and Toxic Deluge aren't bad for indestructible things. You're pretty limited unless you splash red or white.
>>
>>52986898
Sudden Spoiling is pretty fun to drop on a fuckhuge army when they swing at you.
>>
>>52986923
>sacrifice a swamp
That's a pretty steep price
>>
>>52987099
>not running crucible of worlds already
>>
>>52986975
Land destruction doesn't hit Planar bridge and it's too little utility for me to play against almost any other deck.
Koskun Falls would be fine if they weren't ramping like crazy.
Mutilate whiffs because it rarely hits for -10/10 or more, these are green decks that outpace my landdrops by far. And it doesn't deal with the important fact that a dead ulamog or kozilek just recycles all their shit back for fetching (as if they didn't have enough bullshit abilities).
Toxic Deluge costs a fuckton of life to deal with one of them, and again shuffles them back.

Saccing is good, but then they search for Karn or that other guy and exile my sac outlet.

>>52987099
Not if it wins you the board position.
>>
>>52986232
>>52986255
Grind out wins with Worldslayer?
>>
>>52986898
Black Sun's Zenith
Toxic Deluge
Profane Command
Tragic Slip
Mutilate
>>
>>52985233
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/591294#paper
my list
only missing mishras factory
>>
>>52976929
>Ulgrotha

My nigga. I still hold out hope that one day Baron Sengir will lead his army through that Dwarven Portal
>>
>>52987217
>pay 14 mana for profane command
>he dies and the opponent just returns him back after getting shuffled
>>
>>52978554
The version of Sheoldred that doesn't have shit art
>>
>>52984416
>>52984629
Sakura Tribe Scout
>>
File: gonti.png (126KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
gonti.png
126KB, 223x311px
>>52987099
>tfw when you have Strands of Night, Grey Merchant, Panharmonicon and a sac outlet
>>
I'm looking to build Adun Oakenshield Lands Mattee with all the appropriate legendaries. Any secret tech for me to accomplish this? Anything fun?
>>
So why is Recurringg Nightmare banned again?
>can't be interacted with outside of blue
That can be said of any card with buyback and all of them are legal
>>
File: chibi_aldrich.jpg (132KB, 748x1068px) Image search: [Google]
chibi_aldrich.jpg
132KB, 748x1068px
Gentlemen, can any of you redpill me on E.Kraj/Thromok? Are any of them fun? Since Wootzie haven't released UB colored world-devouring sludge yet my options are limited... and I REALLY don't want to build Mimeoplasm
>>
>>52987793
The same reason for why Balance is banned because people hate fair cards
>>
>>52988048
I'm guessing it doesn't need to be an actual sludge since you included Thromok?
Kresh fits your idea thematically, and you get to play things like Mitotic Slime, Tar Fiend, etc.
>>
>>52987793
Because the people that run the EDH banlist aren't Wizards, but some random playgroup that initially started the whole EDH format.
And they ban things based on their own personal feelings instead of banning based on actual power or overly-pervasive use.
>>
>>52988061
>>52988160
Yeah but then they unban Hulk which is just instant win the game when sacced.
>>
>>52988192
Re-read>>52988160. If they actually cared about the banlist you would see many things unbanned and much more banned like Food Chain
>>
The real problem with programs with rule enforcement like Xmage is that you have to repeat steps an arbitrary amount of times for infinite combos.
>>
>>52988048
Kraj is fun.
>Krosan Restorer and Gilder Bairn
etc

Thromok is also fun and very fat. Nothing feels better than that one time you Insurrection into Thromok when no-one had counterspells handy.
>>
Am I wrong to want to allow proxies in my casual group EDH? We just started up, and money really doesn't matter to me, I sold all my old EDH decks but I remember them costing upwards of like 1000 dollars, so I suggested everyone can proxy 10 cards worth less than 80 dollars each. Not for my benefit, for the other guys with less money, just as to not limit decks if they want to buy a doubling season but can't afford it. I figured it'd make everything relatively more fair as well. But I suggested it and everyone said it was gay. Am I wrong in wanting people to have better decks and not spend as much money?
>>
>>52989150
If they don't want to, that's on them. They probably just want to build with what they have.
>>
>>52989150
You're not wrong but it's not like they're wrong. If they don't want to use proxies then they don't have to allow proxies.
>>
>>52989150
>10 cards worth less than 80 dollars each.
Each as in each card? Or each player?
>>
>>52989150
There's no helping it, those are the kind of people who don't actually enjoy a challenge.
>>
>>52989326
80 dollars per card. I mean shit if you want to run a decent 3 color deck you're gonna spend quite a bit on lands
>>
>>52989150
The act of collecting cards is fun, playing in non-degenerate metas is fun, you're the sperg in the situation.
>>
>>52989259
Honestly bothers me a little bit that the one who is really against proxies used to run emrakul and a proxied ancestral recall in his deck
>>
>>52989150
Half the people in my playgroup proxy tons of cards. So many people's decks have Gaea's cradle, Imperial Recruiter and other money cards out the ass. It raises up the powerlevel of some decks, but since everyone including myself are terrible at deck building it doesn't seem to have much of an effect.
>>
>>52986160
While I like this, paying 4 mana only to wait until next turn to get a 1/1 that I have to wait another turn to attack with seems like a bit much. I get that the scions can be sac fodder, or extra mana but it's just a bit of an investment for something that yields so little.
>>
File: 1488425478761-1.jpg (46KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
1488425478761-1.jpg
46KB, 600x602px
>>52989357
>not wanting to simply avoid deckbuilsing constraints by using all the most powerful expensive cards means that you don't enjoy a challenge

Literally any retard can build a deck if you just have the ability to include whatever expensive/powerful cards you want.
>>
>>52978431
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>52989150
Depends on the powerlevel imo. If your group wants to escalate over time, they will likely come around to the idea.
>>
>>52989563
Literally read the post it's replying to you stupid faggot
>>
>>52989511
80 per card seems really fucking high. You don't need enemy fetches for a viable manabase. 3 or 4 allied fetchlands and then one of each shockland is a good start. At 80, you're just going to encourage people to use run things like Survival of the Fittest, Doubling Season, Force of Will, Mana Crypt, etc. Make the limit $20-30 per card
>>
>>52989645
I should add we agreed not to run broken shit in our decks. We banned soul ring and crypt and shit like that, and a survival deck is broken and I doubt anyone would come with it, everyone's pretty chill about their decks, no one ran prophet when it was legal cause it was fucking stupid
>>
>>52989690
>We banned soul ring

Sol ring is not broken
>>
>>52989690
Then why not drop the price point? I would argue that 90% of the cards above the $40 mark in the format are either "broken shit" or legacy lands. If mana consistency is the problem, just make it so people can proxy any land. I've seen playgroups where they've houseruled that guildgates = ABU dual lands
>>
File: 1491373952844.gif (1MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1491373952844.gif
1MB, 480x272px
Is there any reason NOT to add Sol Ring into a deck?
>>
>>52989744
Wow that's actually a pretty decent idea, yeah I think I'd do proxy any lands and then like 5 cards for 30 dollars, that's a good solution
>>
>>52989820
Some bizarre archetype that would have no use for colorless mana maybe.
>>
>>52989820
You have to choose between it and mana crypt.
>>
>>52989820
You have heavy colored requirements and don't care about commander tax
>>
>>52987164
I've won couple of games that way. My fiancee is a cheeky bitch though and responded to the trigger with Boros Charm once and I got my shit slapped in.
>>52986345
As cute as Doran is, he's a fucking trap as a commander. The deck always runs Indomitable Ancients and shitty cards like that that rely on Doran or the enchantment version of him and every retarded deck is built the same, with cheap dumb vanilla creatures with thicc ass instead of usefulness.
>>
>>52989563
>anyone being at a remotely similar powerlevel when there are wildly varying degrees of money being used
Nah.
>>
File: aa26d4eb4ef828d8cd08943d2e163f7d.jpg (103KB, 864x1208px) Image search: [Google]
aa26d4eb4ef828d8cd08943d2e163f7d.jpg
103KB, 864x1208px
How is this card? I kinda like it, especially in an artifact deck. Even not, drawing 3 seems good even if it's delayed.
>>
>>52989918
Its bad.
>>
>>52989938
Costs the same as force of will, and then you investigate 3 times
>>
>>52989918
is poop anon
>>
>>52989874
>every deck built around this specific commander is built around this specific commander
wow ur right
>>
File: 1493198337315.jpg (98KB, 1024x748px) Image search: [Google]
1493198337315.jpg
98KB, 1024x748px
>>52989943
>Costs the same as force of will

Nigger do you even MTG?
>>
>>52989918
It's shit, unless you play in battlecruiser meta.
It's 11 mana "counter target spell and draw three cards", 6 of those mana being in intallments.
>>
File: aznatsoc.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
aznatsoc.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>52989943
>casting force of will for mana instead of a card
>>
>>52981800

Good on ya, Anon. Good on ya.
>>
>>52989943
Are you retarded? FoW would be incredibly bad counterspell if it only was 5 mana, it's only used because it can be cast for free
>>
File: 416.png (525KB, 464x720px) Image search: [Google]
416.png
525KB, 464x720px
>>52989943
>Costs the same as force of will

top bait
>>
>>52989820
I cut Sol Ring from my Hazezon for land ramp because I LOVE LANDS. I will also admit my Hazezon deck is probably pretty casual.
>>
File: Bait_The_Gathering.jpg (29KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bait_The_Gathering.jpg
29KB, 375x523px
>>52989943
>>
>>52989943
Nice
>>
>>52989965
There's a difference in building a GOOD deck around your commander and a deck that's completely useless without it's commander.
Most Doran decks are the latter, which is why he's a trap commander.
Stop being so dense, nigger.
>>
File: scc.jpg (91KB, 357x500px) Image search: [Google]
scc.jpg
91KB, 357x500px
>>52989943
This nigga
>>
File: karador.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
karador.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karador-v20-1/

How does this look? Trying to mold it into a semi try hard list.
>>
File: Sapling of Colfenor.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Sapling of Colfenor.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
On the topic of Doran. How is Sapling of Colfenor for a treefolk tribal deck?
>>
>>52990121
Pretty swell.
>>
>>52990121
It's nice. You get all the relevant treefolk afterall, besides maybe Mirrorwood Treefolk, but you need Naya for that, so even Doran can't use it.
>>
>>52990121
The entite discussion about Doran began as a tangent from a discussion about Sapling though.
>>
A friend of mine started getting me into MtG a while ago with a Freyalise deck and I've really been enjoying that, to the point I cannibalized the Nissa from the Nissa vs Ob Nixilis set. What are some other cards that come highly recommended with that, and what are some other decks I should try?
>>
>>52990236
If you like Elves, Goblins are like Elves except you have to work for your mana and everyone hates you.
>>
>just cracked a bontu, foil glorybringer and that uncounterable cat
Neat, are there any decent Jund reanimator decks out there?
>>
File: fuckingwat.gif (2MB, 259x259px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingwat.gif
2MB, 259x259px
>>52989943
lol
>>
>>52990337
Lurk more before posting again.
>>
>>52989861
That never happens though. If you're facing that choice then the solution is taking out one of the objectively inferior cards out of 99 and putting both in.
>>
>>52989820
Your playgroup has agreed not to use them because they're too swingy?
>>
>>52989550
It builds up. Especially if you have something like Parallel Lives.
>>
>>52990782
Wow sounds like your playgroup is a bunch of cucked little pussies
>>
>>52990121
Just don't run Sheoldred because

I used to think that land destruction had no place in casual EDH... But now I realize I had a warped view of casual EDH. I used to think that cards like Sheoldred, Jitte, Ulamog, a few God enchantment creatures, etc all had no place in casual EDH.
Nowadays I realize that these things are fine for casual EDH, but with that realization I've also realized that Land Destruction should be fine as well. The truth is that if someone is playing mono red they not only can't take care of powerful enchantments but they have very few ways to take out creatures with over 7 toughness or indestructible creatures. So are you going to tell me that they should either A) get very lucky or B) willingly lose the game because they have no options?
No, neither of those choices are acceptable. The truth is that land destruction is the most powerful tool in Red's arsenal, not using it puts mono red players at a supreme disadvantage. If you feel like you're allowed to use supremely strong creatures "because they can be removed" or supremely strong enchantments "because they can be removed" then I feel that I'm allowed to use supremely strong land destruction "because you can run mana rocks".
And just as you say "Well you should run more removal!" I say "Well you should run more mana rocks!" and then you can say "Well I do but they aren't in my hand right now!" and I reply WITH THE EXACT SAME SENTIMENT towards removal.
So at the end of the day I say this; If the point of casual edh is still to win, which it obviously is if you're running $20 powerful praetors, then I'm going to do what I can to win, which is to keep you from being able to play those praetors.
>>
>>52991256
I feel like the slow kid at meme school.
>>
>>52991309
>I feel like the slow goon at meme school
ftfy
>>
>>52989150
proxies are an abomination unless you are trying to test out a 20+ dollar card to see if you want to buy it. if you dont want to pay money for cards go play on xmage other cuckatrice. if you cant afford to play expensive card then get better at deck building
>>
>>52991825
That's not how any of that works.
>>
>>52991825
Gayest post I ever read in my whole life
>>
>>52972281
I'm working on my Jeleva version of this now. I've solved the "how to make leveler and sky swallower enter the battlefield under the opponent's side of the field" by including summoner's egg and clone shell. Looking forward to when I can fuck people over with this.
>>
File: 1492042243794.gif (949KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
1492042243794.gif
949KB, 301x300px
Are we starting up the proxy argument again? Goddamn it's simple, if your group allows it then do it to whatever fucking extent you are allowed, if your group says no then its fucking no.
>>
>>52992648
What a retarded post.
>>
>>52990058
Well assault formation made the deck better.
>>
So in a deck like Damia with things like Recycle, Null Profusion, Reliquary Tower, and Praetor's Counsel, what sort of shit do I want to throw in there as a win con? I mean obviously you're going to be drawing a lot of cards, but how do you use/weaponize that into something that can win you the game?
>>
>>52992761
It didn't, only that it has now a single piece of redudnancy, the rest of the deck is still usually garbage.
>>
>>52992808
If you can draw enough cards consistently, maybe a Lab Maniac?
>>
>>52992808
Laboratory Maniac, Psychosis Crawler
>>
>>52989874
>>52990058
Yeah, that's because most people are idiots. Indomitable Ancients are bad, but you can build it around cards that are good that get better with Doran, like Tree of Perdition. Doran should be like a switch you use to turn your board lethal, not a switch to turn on the entire deck.
>>
File: 2145.gif (570KB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
2145.gif
570KB, 294x233px
>>52982162
>>52982262
>>52982622
>>52982378
What are you guys talking about, Slivers aren't that big of a threat...
>>
>>52993618
Coincidentally Tree of Perdition is also a bad card.
>>
>>52993733
But it's _____Fun
>>
File: Meekstone[1].jpg (111KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Meekstone[1].jpg
111KB, 223x311px
>>52993618
>>52993020
>>52992761
The real strength of Doran is building the deck to abuse effects asymmetrically because they assume good creatures will have high power.
>>
>>52993788
You could just actually be playing stax asst that point.
>>
>>52993733
It's bad in a vacuum. Outside, it's abusable.
>>
File: Image (11).png (144KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (11).png
144KB, 223x311px
I recently started building a new deck with pic related. Am I a dick for wanting to run the old land destruction dwarves? My playgroup is full of tryhards who run bullshit like Magister Sphinx on the regular.
>>
>>52993820
That's not even remotely true.
>>
>>52993809
It's a stax-like deck that can become cheap, aggressive beaters to take advantage of the suppression.
>>
>>52993887
>Magister Sphinx
>bullshit
Damn /tg/ I think you guys get worse every day.
>>
>>52993962
And yet it's a 40 life format and your wincon is barely undercosted beaters, meanwhile because you insist on creature lockdowns you auto-lose to creature removal, artifact removal, actual stax decks, noncreature wincons, and even cheaper beaters.
>>
>>52993961
Anyone can just say things, anon. Is this just going to be a "yeah huh" "nuh uh" back and forth?
>>
>>52994054
It's a four drop creature, without any sort of protection, that makes you a target, has to pass an entite turn unmolested, and doesn't win you the game.
>>
>>52985118
I like the "overwhelming numbers of tokens" route over the "instant-speed combat buffs" route
>>
>>52984369
Well since I just built Sydri, Voltaic Construct+Dreamstone Hedron/Everflowing Chalice/Basalt Monolith/Gilded Lotus+Sydri.
>>
>>52994110
Yeah, that's it "in a vacuum". It's easy to recur, synergizes with other useful cards, and plays into the theme. I've probably activated a Necrotic Ooze with its ability as often as I've activated it for real.
>>
>>52994217
Or you could reanimate a game-winning card.

Or Necrotic Ooze could just win the game.

If your idea of a card being good is because other, better cards allow the card to be passable then you're an idiot.
>>
>>52994290
My idea of "good" includes cards that get through on synergy, yes. Would you say something like Springleaf Drum is a bad card?
>>
File: sliver3_overlord.jpg (70KB, 550x425px) Image search: [Google]
sliver3_overlord.jpg
70KB, 550x425px
How can I make slivers and NOT be the auto target?

Why do slivers have such a bad rep?
Back when I started commanders like Rafiq and Kresh were red flags as well. But as they've fallen off the radar. Sliver decks remain as red flag. Why :(
>>
>>52994353
Tree of Perdition has as much synergy with Reanimate and Necrotic Ooze as Arbor Elf does. That does not make it a good card.
>>
>>52994379
Whenever you wonder why you're being targeted, ask yourself "what am I usually trying to do with this deck? why do I want to play it?". The answer will usually become self evident.
>>
>>52994379
>How can I make slivers and NOT be the auto target?
you cant, slivers get exponentially stronger every turn. if your group isnt killing slivers outright they are retarded
>>
>>52994379
The thing about Rafiq and Kresh is that although they can become big threats, it's still just that one card that's a threat. Get rid of Kresh and the deck is dead. With Slivers, they make a net where they all empower one another. Getting rid of one of them weakens them as a whole, but doesn't shut them down.
>>
File: 1486423238784.jpg (30KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1486423238784.jpg
30KB, 429x410px
>>52985995
>employed
>likes being a dick

You're management, right?
>>
>>52994379
>>52994549
Not only that, but everyone's going to be staring at the removal in their hand wondering how long they have before Crystalline Sliver, Hibernation Sliver, or Pulmonic Sliver appears.
>>
File: 102.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
102.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
While we're talking about Slivers, I think Provoke is a super cool mechanic, especially for EDH, and I wish we could see more of it
>>
>>52994726
Provoke is a 7 on the storm scale. It's been completely obsoleted by Fight.
>>
>>52994775
Yeah, that's true
>>
is grenzo dungeon warden tribal goblins competitive?
asking for a friend
>>
>>52994843
Obviously not.
>>
File: 9e_cardTwo_7918276 (1).jpg (59KB, 344x456px) Image search: [Google]
9e_cardTwo_7918276 (1).jpg
59KB, 344x456px
>>52976588

Creating my first EDH deck at the moment, it's a Krenko deck. Really struggling to figure out what cards I need to swap from the maybe/main board. It's all cards I own so I don't really want to buy anything new for it.

Help is very wanted.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/krenko-bob-mo/
>>
Does Grixis Marchesa basically let you permanently gain control of creatires?
>>
>>52995484
Ashnod's is an auto-include for Krenko decks
>>
>>52995747

Thanks man, it's getting hard to cull cards because it seems like it all works. What do you think the weakest cards are?
>>
File: 1535.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1535.png
53KB, 256x256px
Is there a Paladin/Knight deck that's decent in MtG?

I want to really sell that General vibe home and have a deck just full of soldiers and holy dudes.
>>
Discard tribal with a hint of bullshit ;)
Any suggestions?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nehebs-mad-bulls/
>>
>>52995839
How about Tajic, Blade of the Legion?
>>
>>52994843
You can build him doomsday and it's not bad. Not tier 1 but you could cream casual tables.
>>
Can someone please explain the appeal of pubstomp decks? Theres an annoying beta male at my LGS who always pulls out Jeleva Storm or Zur every game against obviously non competitive decks like Aurelia, Norin, Erebos etc.,
He literally just brags about how his hands so nuts and is a turn 3 win and wins every game, also every time he draws a card he loudly and autistically shouts "well thats a card!" I dont personally play against him ever because im not a masochist but how the fuck can someone find that enjoyable? EDH isnt a competitive format if you want real competition and skilltesting games play a format with a banlist thats meant to facilitate a competitive environment, not pubstomp shitty theros god decks and then jack off to how "good" of a player you are.
>>
>>52995652
If you threaten them and then they die with a +1/+1 counter, yeah, you get to keep them forever when they come back.
>>
I want a cat tribal deck, please give me ideas besides mimic.
>>
>>52990024
Forgot to ask earlier. Got a deck list? I always like to see how eveyone else sets him up. Usually its just naya good stuff seems like, but you say its casual, so I am excited.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-04-17-god-tribal/
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 620x836px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 620x836px
>>52996270
You're narrowed into mono white equipment. It's enjoyable. Basically stack just about every legendary cat, cause they all work alright for this archetype, a select few of the better costed Mirrodin cats, grab some Kor and White Sun's Zenith. About 12 swords of $ and Bonesplitter and Batterskull etc, and a lot of white board wipes and removal. Make basically any cat legend your commander, probably Jazal. And there you go. Grab Stonehewer Gisnt and Stoneforge Mystic, and don't forget Masterwork of Ingenuity.

Skip cats that gain life.
>>
>>52981800
Good luck dealing with animate dead :')
>>
>>52996478
I have a copy of each sword, which ones do I put in? All of them?
>>
File: image.png (149KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
149KB, 223x311px
>>52996563
Honestly, yes. Dump them all on Kemba.
She's a good and traditional choice for this
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 265x370px
Also, this just came out.
>>
>>52996587
Sigarda's aid that, get the white equipment legendary from revolt and boom
>>
>>52989820
Running Stony Silence & Nullrod & Kataki
>>
>>52993887
No, make those pesky Water Mages melt
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>52996638
Great suggestions. I also can't decide if I would recommend nahiri for this, or if she's too subpar and not-cat. But he should run this. It's very mild and low power level, but it's little ability is exactly what it would want if a last ditch equip is thrown on him. He gets small chance bonuses from Royal Caracle and Raksha. I've given low power cards a chance and they occasionally pull more weight at a better tempo than expected

And man it's soo pretty
>>
File: Image (42).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (42).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>52996587
>>52996563
Don't forget Big Brother
>>
>>52996782
No way you literally cannot run cat equip without him. You have too few choices to not be.
>>
File: mime slime.jpg (3MB, 2322x2125px) Image search: [Google]
mime slime.jpg
3MB, 2322x2125px
>>52988048

But anon, self-mill mimeoplasm is literally what you want the most.
Sure, it's not just UB, you get some green too!

But green is great in edh, and it's a slime color. Embrace it!
>>
>>52988048
If anything Aldrich would be WB. Dude is a cleric, remember.
>>
Hey guys, how would you rate the guild artifact cycle from original ravnica? I find them pretty fun, and am surprised to not see as many people play them (specially sunforger in my LGS for some reason).
>>
File: JUST_AS_PLANNED.jpg (20KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
JUST_AS_PLANNED.jpg
20KB, 704x396px
>>52997346
Sunforger is Boros's best Commander, period. I just won a game two days ago at my LGS by looping Final Fortune + Angel's Grace

I can't wait for my copy of Glorious End to arrive.
>>
>>52997441
Yeah, precisely because of that I feel really surprised (And RWx generals aren't lacking there). So far it seems I'm the only one running a card from the cycle, and thats a Riteknife because Goblin Sharpshooter is very fun with it, its my pet jank combo in Prossh.
>>
>>52988048
I really wish theyd collaborate with From Soft and make a Dark Souls themed set
>>
>>52982149
>Guy bitches me out for playing a mid tier nekusar deck
>Drops a sheoldred
>>
File: 1492276477832-v.gif (822KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
1492276477832-v.gif
822KB, 600x366px
>>52997848
>wanting souls to seep into everything
>wanting WotC to be bankrupt on ideas so much that they'd slap together some fanservice with a popular video game, movie or anime
>next we'll get JoJo set with Time stop, flavor text being replaced with ZA WARUDO and double strike being replaced with mudamuda
>wanting any pop culture thing implemented in MtG
I like souls too, but wanting it everywhere is just too much. I truly hope that souls never becomes Angry Birds 2.0
P.S. kill yourself
>>
>>52995839
Darien, King of Kjeldor soldier tribal, run clerics like soul warden to negate damage. Dues Vult
>>
>>52989820
I cut sol ring from most 3c decks, getting good mana is always more important than 2 colorless. My soldier edh also doesn't run one because it doesn't help me t2 saffi or drop a shitload of soldiers early, plus normal ramp gets my emeria online more consistently.
>>
>>52995484

Haste enablers for Krenko, Impact Tremors, Purphoros, Warstorm Surge (if you want a little extra redundancy). Outpost Siege is good if you plan on saccing or flinging your tokens since they'll deal damage when they die. Something to untap him like Sword of the Paruns (combos nicely with Ashnod's Altar).
>>
I have an EDH tournament coming up. The rules are standard only cards. Standard banlist does not affect the allowed cards. (IE, Guardian, Emrakul and so on are allowed).

I was thinking of Jori-En, with an energy theme and Aetherworks Marvel and using ALL of the Eldrazi Titans.
>>
>>52998210
>>
>>52999413

Is this gonna be a meme already?
>>
Anyone know of a good place where I can get my hands on Snow-Covered Mountains? I'm running a monoRed Lovisa deck and I want them for flavor and for cards like Wake of Destruction so I don't blow up my own Mountains if I need to neuter a Rx opponent. My main ordering site has them at $3 each and I really don't wanna shell out $60 for basic lands, at least not all at once.
>>
>>52999509
Really it comes down to looking through common boxes at shops and tournaments that have accidentally fallen in. The snow-covered mountain is the most valuable and you are definitely looking at $60 for a deck full of them if you buy them online.
>>
>>52999322
I'm reading this and thinking that Rashmi energy is going to be a million times better. There's some ramp with wastes, new Nissa would work well with titans, better energy production for marvel and value (pummeler, servant) and so on. Problem is that a lot of people at my LGS are planning on Rashmi. So I was thinking Jori-En.

I also want to be in Izzet/Gruul/Simic because I don't really have the chase mythics in B/W, but I have playsets of everything in the other 3 colors.
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.