[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 381
Thread images: 68

File: 8381d96444f4e6ea936cba699399a406.jpg (332KB, 1020x1908px) Image search: [Google]
8381d96444f4e6ea936cba699399a406.jpg
332KB, 1020x1908px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

How much 3pp do you prefer to see allowed in a game?
Would you throw a fit over a gestalt all DSP + all SoP + all SoM + all Forrest/Jolly + everything on that SoP wiki (including Gonzo) game?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>52954191
>>
>>52959950
I don't like DSP, I prefer only allowing (most) 1pp content and then deciding 3pp on a 1:1 basis.
>>
>>52959950
G O N Z O
O
N
Z
A
>>
Overlewd on page to and still getting apps
What are the odds the sexyJUMPSCARE or erinyes-reverse-trap-inbred-infantile-wisdom-dumping-tier-4-classing-fuckboi get in, versus Maximum sleep already having made up his mind?
>>
Should female characters go around with their armpits and legs unshaved?
>>
>>52959950
DSP/SoM is usually a good benchmark for 3pp stuff.

My personal preference?

>DSP 6-level initiators
>DSP 6-level manifestors
>Akashic Mysteries
>All SoP classes
>All N. Jolly stuff for Kineticists and Vigilantes

Avowed doesn't interact with other 3pp in ways that I like, Spellburst Savant I honestly haven't touched at all, and everything is you just need to send me a .pdf to look over and I'll approve it on a case-by-case

>>52960036
For all we know, the parties are either going to be

>all succubi and monster classes

or

>a bunch of human knights, a tiefling or two, and maybe the one singular gnoll

Also why have people not submitted any bootylicious Drow yet? I'm disappointed in you, /pfg/
>>
File: 1491803294798.jpg (192KB, 681x798px) Image search: [Google]
1491803294798.jpg
192KB, 681x798px
Tell me about your character. How'd you build them? What's their story?

What's working for you? What isn't?

Let's hear it.
>>
>>52960059

Grooming Kits exist for a reason, you swine.
>>
File: 1488550960869.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1488550960869.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>52960061
>DSP/SoM

SoM is a dumpster fire.
>>
>>52959946
Mesmerists have 1/2 level to Bluff and are Charisma based, and they've got a pretty good spell list- they're really similar to bards

>>52960075
...I meant to say Spheres of Power, woops.
>>
>>52960036
I get the feeling he already made up his mind near the end of LoBaF's application process, considering the wonky team they ended up with.

On the other hand, he did start messing around with deadlines, so he might be trying to angle for something that fits his magical realm.

I get the feeling he had a few people decided on, but wanted to make sure it wasn't a clambake--he wanted to avoid people thinking he was building a harem for a GMPC.
>>
I haven't really played much since the Kineticist came out. Has anyone found a way to make them viable yet or are they still hot garbage?
>>
>>52960059
Depends on where they're from.
>>
File: 1426819008760.jpg (174KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1426819008760.jpg
174KB, 1024x683px
Hey /pfg/

What's the worst drama you've ever seen at a group you were in?
>>
>>52960036
I don't think you can be a reverse-trap AND a fuckboi.
>>
File: Baknarla_final.jpg (102KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Baknarla_final.jpg
102KB, 480x640px
>>52960059

Frankly, the alternative would just look odd.
>>
>>52959950
People like PF for its customization, so I actually see the more 3pp a GM allowing a bigger sign of how much they trust their players.
Either that or it means they throw balance out the window and the game will collapse.

There's a limit to the amount of 3pp you allow before it becomes cumbersome and paralyzes players who need to make sure they've looked through everything available, but I've had no problems with DSP/SoP/FFS/Jolly/Gonzo all mixed together.

When SoM catches on more I'll probably allow it but put a few softbans on having it interact with PoW.
>>
>>52960036

It seems unlikely GM's don't pick out at least a few favorites during the process
>>
>>52960059

Druids and witches should never shave.
>>
>>52960059
Does 'most body hair burns away instantly due to her body being on-fire-but-not-really' count?
>>
>>52960132

When the DM had another NPC fuck my character's love interest - which wasn't the part that got me legitimately furious, that part was when he got confused why my character dumped the love interest and didn't even try to accept her increasingly desperate attempts to patch things up.
>>
>>52960103
Kineticists have gotten some decent love in Psychic Anthology. There's a new line of Kinetic Blade/Whip infusions recently released that mimic Whirlwind Attack and Pounce that you can get reasonably early.

>Blade Rush
Move 30 ft in any direction (even upwards), make a single attack with charge modifiers, you can get this at like level 4
>Kinetic Whip
Now you can make AoOs with your Kinetic Blade
>Blade Whirlwind
It's Whirlwind Attack with a kinetic blade, which is actually kind of potent considering that you can toss down a lot of d6s and you hit all the opponents with full BaB
>Whip Hurricane
Whirlwind Attack, BUT with the reach of Kinetic Whip, and you gain the benefits of Kinetic Whip as normal after making the attacks (i.e more AoOs)

So I'd say AoO/blader Kineticists are doing pretty well
>>
>>52960132
One of my players' roommates sneak-moved on him while he was at work, and he didn't realize it until he got to what was supposed to be game night.

So my game ended because we had no place to play, another friend had to split up his group to keep the two of them from murdering each other, and he had to move back in with his parents.

It should come as no surprise that the same asshole later turned out to be plotting against the rest of the party in another game that started up.
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
>>52959881
>>
>>52960059
Yes, but medieval clothing involves more layers than you'd ever have thought (a product of each piece not being very finely woven and needing greater weather protection if anything due to the higher lethality of even minor cold-caused illness). So you'd never see it outside the bedroom or a bath.
>>
>>52960132
Alright, long one.

I was running a homebrew campaign where off the bat, I told the players that it'll be dangerous, that revival magic is rare and won't be possible early on (we started at 5), and that people should be wary.

Two players ran max-damage glass cannon minmax bullshit (a summoner focused on mounted combat with full attacks and wheeling + flying charge with a lance, the other some monk/marksmen guy who had +wisdom to every stat)

Eventually the party faught a BBG once, and obtained a fragment of an artifact (that had 3 pieces). During their travels, one of the party members died to a random encounter (a very, very fragile fighter with 11 con who was new to pathfinder). The two from earlier decided that, even though I explained revival is very rare, they would run up to a temple and ask for them to bring back their ally.

- will continue
>>
>>52960059
>unshaved
At the very least clipped.
Grooming existed well before the modern era anon despite what MTG tournaments suggest.

That and shaving your body hair is something that has been practiced by ancient cultures the world over for hygiene and fashion purposes.

Considering how many athletes and soldiers at least trim their body hair I would say that adventurers male and female would make use of a razor every now and again.
>>
>>52960327

But anon, only lice-riddled whores shaved those bits.
>>
>>52960277
>Not bathing with your female party members in outdoor rivers
>Not naked sunbathing with them when the weather's nice
>Not following them into the bushes when they need to answer nature's call
>>
>>52960065
>How'd you build them?
Without much special attention, I'm afraid. Her mechanics are ancillary to her concept and backstory. I need to up the ante, though. It's too easy for her companions to get hurt.
>What's their story?
She's a holy Champion sworn to defend the innocent and serve the realm after a horrific personal tragedy nearly destroyed her.
>What's working for you?
16 CON
>What isn't?
16 STR
>>
>>52960340

I've already done those first two, though with a /pfg/ party I'd expect a whole lot of sophomoric jabs at how big or heavy bits are, or maybe how "embarrassing" it is to see your party members like that.
>>
>>52960132
My wife started fucking another player who was also married to yet another player in secret, and then left me, destroying our group's cohesion and drive to play in one fell swoop.
>>
Here's a fun little challenge for any of you that might be bored: build a Gestalt character that's incredibly MAD due to the requirements of both halves of the character's classes, then do your best to make it work as much as possible.

I'll start you off with a doozy: Magus//Paladin
>>
>>52960301
Of course, the church wasn't able to, and the party decided to bury the man, and oocly flipped out "how are we supposed to be heroes if we know we can die". So they decided the best course of action is to give their fragment of the artefact to the faction that was opposed to them and wanted suppress humanity (campaign idea is there's a race of magic users vs the rest of the races who can't into magic, and the magic users see the other races as sub-human equivalents, slaves and such. That's the group they wanted to give the artifact to, even knowing they would just abuse the group). Their logic was "This is too much, we no longer want to take the risk of death and stop being adventurers, so lets give it to some people who might know how to use it so the world doesn't end or whatever".

Obviously, the rest of the 3 party members were outraged and said not to, but the two ignored them (being friends outside the game and pretty much pre-planning everything they did together). And when they kept refusing to listen (even when the party voted against them), the LG aegis of the party tried to take it by force (not fighting, just literally trying to grab it). The two immediately started combat, and threw the Aegis into diehard within a single round, the Bones oracle of the party cursed the summoner so he was too heavy to fly the mount.

I told them that the aegis was incredibly injured and in diehard, and the summoner seemed like he was done. Instead, he full-attacked the aegis and killed him, then they both flew off. (which prompted a chase, the bones oracle ambushing the summoner with burning skeletal hounds, and eventually me just spinning the campaign into an early end because nobody was enjoying it any longer)
>>
>>52960301
You shouldn't have put someone new to PF in a game with high lethality and little forgiveness
>>
>>52960349
16 STR should be fine though?
>>
>>52960368
Are you going to do the third to complete the trinity?
>>
>>52960334
>Egyptians
>Romans
>Greeks
And a close trim is just as good while stopping your hair from being unkempt
>>
>>52960377
Dump wisdom, go strength magus and unsanctioned knowledge paladin
>>
>>52960382
I normally wouldn't, but he insisted and nobody in the party minded either. It seemed to me that nobody really cared about rerolling characters and rejoining... until it actually happened.

Funny enough, the player who died didn't care at all, he happily rolled up a paladin dragonborn. But the two CN's of the group couldn't stop flipping out that they couldn't revive someone.

I even remember the summoner threatening to just reroll the exact same build and backstory with minor differences when I wasn't watching the skype.
>>
How good are clerics at lying?
>>
>>52960377
Eldritch Scion archetype for the Magus half, grab Dervish Dance, focus on Dex and Cha. Easy.
>>
>>52960388
It's okay, but missing is miserable when it means your new best friend will get violently raped by a cat-monster
More strength would be a real confidence booster.
>>
>>52960395

Only the Egyptians practiced a clean shave, I thought? The others liked at least a little, well-kept bush.

>>52960389

I don't see why I would, that's kind of weird not the least bit because it involves acting out relieving yourself, which is weird.
>>
>>52960132
I guess the usual? People in a relationship cheat, break up, etc and still have to game together.

Biggest one was something that turned out to have been a hell of an abusive relationship that half the group had apparently known about and had decided the game would help with; ie they were tacitly supporting and enabling ongoing abuse to keep a fucking game alive. Friends and I just brought her into another group and never invited the shitbucket to rejoin, the world didn't end.
>>
>>52960435
>implying it's gonna be rape.
>>
>>52960479

Leave the cat monsters alone, anon.
>>
>>52960496
I want to pet the pussy
>>
>>52960435
Getting the boosts from bardic performance, making more use of flanking with dogs or zombies, and maybe Bane bonuses if you're the only candidate left after the slayer leaves will give a lot of good accuracy boosters.
Maybe even taking the weapon divine bond at level 5.

I don't think Cashmere's player will forgive you if you take Weapon Focus
>>
Is there a list of classes/class archetypes that grant access to a familiar at 1st level?
>>
>>52960442
I believe Egyptians were the only ones who went full clean shaven, as did some Persian cultures.

Some areas of Rome went for shaven, others maintained a small bush (At least what we can get from their art what was fashionable)

Not too many cultures went for bush or braided pubes, thats only third wave feminists in western cultures today.
>>
>>52960501
W-why would I do that? The dumbest thing I might do is give her the Smash from the Air tree...
>>
So I asked the peeps in the Discord if it was possible to have a level 20 character with only 1pp and no BAB, turns out it's just barely possible if you dip into the following classes just once:
> Alchemist, Inquisitor, Magus,
> Oracle, Summoner, Witch, Bard,
> Cleric, Druid, Rogue, Sorcerer,
> Wizard, Occultist, Medium,
> Spiritualist, Psychic, Kineticist,
> Arcanist, Shaman, and Investigator

After I finish my One Piece builds, maybe I'll take a crack at building a character like this for kicks.
>>
>>52960519
Can't any human do it? It's a feat, Familiar Bond. Requires Iron Will.
>>
>>52960500

DO NOT BOTHER CAT MONSTERS
>>
>>52960552
Not if you're using fractional BAB progression.

Which you should always be using.
>>
>>52960377
Posted this earlier, but

Shaman (Unsworn)//Psychic (Amnesiac)

Put all points into WIS/INT, then CHA. Use your first wandering spirit to get whatever hexes catch your eye, but always make sure to leave one open so that you can get the Lore spirit and take the Arcane Enlightenment hex each day with Wandering Hex. With the Psychic Side, you take the Rebirth Discipline and abuse the hell out of Mnemonic Esoteric. Off the top of my head...

>The entire Shaman and Wizard spell list
>Goodies from the Cleric Spell List if you take the Human FCB
>Oodles of good stuff from the Psychic spell list
>Whatever spell list you decide to take with Esoteric Mnemonica (I suggest Witch or Druid, truth be told)
>Amnesiac lets you get whatever psychic spells you need

You'll have ALL THE SPELLS and your GM will hate you, but you'll also be a cripple, physically
>>
>>52960566
Yeah, that's possible. The character I'm looking at doing it with is going to be a Goblin, though.

There's the Carnivalist Rogue archetype, but I don't know if I want to play a Rogue since they're kind of, uhh... bad.
>>
>>52960576
But it's so much more fun to imagine a level 20 character who literally has 0 BAB.

You'd get Godly saves though, my goodness.
>>
>>52960617
why?

10 bab level 20 caster: Never melee attacks, his ranged touches are "ok".

0 bab: Forbidden from touch spells. Never attacks at all.
>>
>>52960632
There needn't always be a "why", anon! Sometimes all you need to do something interesting and silly is just to say to yourself, "why not?".
>>
>>52960425
Better than most.
>>
>>52960659
why not have sex with a kid?
>>
>>52960501
Why does Wist hate Weapon Focus? It's +1 Damage/Attack!
>>
File: Confused.png (184KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Confused.png
184KB, 500x375px
>>52960734
Having sex with kids is neither interesting nor silly anon, are you okay?
>>
>>52960743
Weapon Focus is just attack, anon.
>>
>>52960774
Really? I thought it added damage.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/weapon-focus-combat-final/

Fuck. I see why Wist dislikes it now. It's stupid.
>>
>>52960752
you're the one who told me to do it!
>>
>>52960132
>Player A comes out as gay
>Player B undergoes a horrific transformation into raging badger about it, also becoming increasingly upset that no one is transforming with him
>Badger B requires physical removal from the building for the game to continue
>>
>>52960798
Weapon Specilization, I believe, is the one that adds damage. And I believe Weapon Focus is a prerequisite.
>>
>>52960855
>Prerequisites: Proficiency with selected weapon, Weapon Focus with selected weapon, fighter level 4th.
>fighter level 4tth
What the shit is this?
>>
>>52960743
Wist has a love/hate relationship with that feat because they have terrible dice luck and always hoard attack bonuses, but it's the most boring feat imaginable when they prefer feats that actually let you do new things and gain meaningful changes in playstyle on level up.

They always know they would benefit from the feat but refuse to ever take it on the principle it exists as something PF expects to be worth a feat slot.
>>
>>52960798
That's why it's considered a plague-like feat tax that harms the system by having so many things require it. It's a piece of shit do-nothing feat on its own, you would never take it for what it actually does.
>>
>>52960885
>terrible dice luck
>The Manticore acing all it's perception rolls
Being Wist is suffering.
>>
>>52960865
It means you have to be a 4th level fighter, or else have a class or feat that lets you count some of your levels as fighter levels (hence why Magus has a thing that counts some of your magus levels as fighter levels). I guess Paizo thought that by restricting certain feats to Fighters, they'd make Fighters less boring and more useful. Didn't work, as you can tell.
>>
Today, I have learned a valuable lesson: Never do things for yourself as a schemer.
>>
>Wubu and Protag both applied to Overlewds.
I wonder who the other four picks are gonna be.
>>
>>52960807
I did no such thing you silly man, now why don't you have a seat over here?
>>
>>52961018

>for

By
>>
If you were playing with a group that consisted of a ranger, a monk, a witch, and a bard, what sort of character would you build to round that out?

It's worth noting that both the ranger and the bard are investing heavily into charisma.
>>
File: smug au ra.png (85KB, 314x314px) Image search: [Google]
smug au ra.png
85KB, 314x314px
>>52961040
Must be hard to talk with all that discord celebrity cock in your mouth, anon. I wonder how you manage.
>>
>>52961040
Wait, what? Who the fuck is Protag?
And wouldn't the fact that Wubu's running his own game mean he's less likely to get picked, since it'd be a scheduling conflict?
>>
>>52961040
We are fine as long as Protag remains pure. Don't remind him that the name of the game is overLEWD.

>>52961076
Talking gets boring without talking points anon, "celebrity" doesn't exist only for the benefit of the celebrity.

>>52961125
Reviewanon, good writer. Showed up like a week ago and just started reviewing anyone who asks on discord
>>
>>52961125
I also doubt anyone from blingmaker will get in because sleep is in that campaign with them
>>
>>52961040
>Wubu applied for Overlewds
Confirmed for shameless slut after all?

>>52961125
I think the one running Overlewd is in actually in Wubu's game though, so neither of them should be available when Blingmaker runs
>>
>>52961064
Anything I wanted, maybe with minor healing but not necessarily. They might like a Rogue but there are ways that any one of those other classes could be doing Rogue jobs already. Or just say fuck it and roll Occultist because it's always fun to play one.

This party is fine already, it doesn't need any particular role unless the physical fighty types are built to be shit at it - and at that point there's still merit to thinking about whether you would WANT to be that guy playing a competent fighty type while the Monk and Ranger players don't contribute much else except hit things worse than you.
>>
>>52961150
Fuck off and suck them off in discord. Keep that shit out of here.
>>
>>52960194
What a cuck.
>>
File: 1492563464141.jpg (396KB, 724x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492563464141.jpg
396KB, 724x1200px
>>52961064
Be an Investigator. Run all social skills off of Int. Skillmonkey and knowledgemonkey better than the Bard and out-talk them with a 7 Charisma. Let them know who wears the pants now.
>>
>>52961150
You have a place to gossip incessantly about who's playing what in your private game, and it's not here.
>>
File: fennec-fox-other.jpg (161KB, 1200x613px) Image search: [Google]
fennec-fox-other.jpg
161KB, 1200x613px
So! How was your Friday night, /pfg/? Do anything particularly fun and exciting, game-related or otherwise?
>>
>>52961271
>private game

You know the cabal is just a meme right? No one's conspiring against you, everyone is here to have fun with everyone else. Chill out a bit and have fun doing your best at apping too.
>>
File: fuckunderwatercampaigns.jpg (34KB, 294x380px) Image search: [Google]
fuckunderwatercampaigns.jpg
34KB, 294x380px
>>52961315
>>
>>52961315
I went to swap personal effects and property with the ex, and I laughed in her face when she complained about being short on money and being at her new place by herself all the time
>>
>>52961322
It's private because no one here except you gives a shit about it, not because there's a pretend club or something.
>>
>>52961315
I finally finished my app for one of /pfg/'s games. Now I have the rest of the weekend to spend doing other stuff!
>>
File: confidence.png (2MB, 1828x1470px) Image search: [Google]
confidence.png
2MB, 1828x1470px
>>52961343
>>
>>52961327
The only times that's happened, the GM treated it like it was on solid ground.

Well, except once. Then I managed to use subjective gravity to fuck shit up by constantly pouncing just by redirecting my "down".
>>
>>52961040

Based on the current state of their apps if they get in it would be entirely due to nepotism. They both lack a lot of things that many of the other apps at this point have been reviewed for and edited to include.
>>
>>52961315
Deciding if I should just eat a bullet and end this fucking farce I call a life.
>>
>>52961341
>No one here gives a shit about overlewd
k

What do you want anyway?
>talking about games your in is blogging
>talking about games you aren't in is memeing
>talking about other people in the community is felatio

Do you want to talk about the rules? Is that 'your' /pfg/?
>>
File: 1477500921096.jpg (69KB, 552x531px) Image search: [Google]
1477500921096.jpg
69KB, 552x531px
>>52961374
>lol ranged attacks
>lol spell casting
>lol breath holding
>lol armor check
>lol nobody has swim speeds
>lol nobody can breath underwater
Fuck this shit.
>>
>>52961392
Yes.
>>
>>52961315
Dragons1 had a slumber party ep.
Ships may or may not have been made.

That is all.
>>
>>52961391
Why don't you PM some cute apps and ERP instead?
>>
>>52961423
Fuck no.
>>
>>52961391
PM some people.
You don't need to ask for ERP, you don't even need to ask for RP.
Just shoot the shit. Talk about life. We'll be there for you, when you need us.
>>
Where can I find the hardness and hp of spell component pouches and holy symbols?

What is the hardness and hp of those items?
>>
How long does it take for a new game page to show up on LFG for rd20?
>>
File: 1492729856516.jpg (71KB, 648x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492729856516.jpg
71KB, 648x1080px
Can anyone link favored prestige class and the follow up feat that gives prestige classes caster levels? Please? I'll love you.
>>
>>52961451
its based on their material. A spell pouch is likely cloth, so hardness of 0 or 1. Holy symbols go by standard hardness of their usual materials, wood, iron, silver, etc.
>>
>>52961451
I think you would have to define the material the individual item in question is made out of. A wooden holy symbol will be softer and have less HP than a steel one.
>>
>>52961451
Look up hardness on the SRD, and extrapolate from there. Holy symbols will probably be about an inch thick, so will have the lowest hp possible for their material.

Spell component pouches will usually be leather or cloth, so there's no need to worry about sundering them--a single called shot should do.
>>
>>52961454
Lulu?
>>
>>52961327
>>52961374
>>52961402
Man, sure was nice having a Ring of Freedom of Movement.

>>52961454
http://archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Favored%20Prestige%20Class
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Prestigious%20Spellcaster
>>
File: spread the salt.jpg (69KB, 569x575px) Image search: [Google]
spread the salt.jpg
69KB, 569x575px
>>52961490
>having a good gm
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>52961490
Ah, I forgot about archives of nethys. Thank you thank you, love!
>>
File: hardness.png (48KB, 348x288px) Image search: [Google]
hardness.png
48KB, 348x288px
>>52961469
>>52961471
>>52961470

Ah, found it. Looks like I can auto-sunder spell component pouches =]
>>
>>52961518
You still gotta succeed at the Sunder attempt, you goober.
>>
>>52961315

The party's three female PCs, all normally full-plated warriors, were attending a fancy ball in poofy gowns! They were surreptitiously charmed by a kitsune sorcerer boy in a dress. They and 13+ other charmed ladies were led to a private room full of suggestive paraphernalia, and were ordered to change out of their crinolined dresses and into sultry clothing, in preparation for a "performance." The kitsune's overwhelming Charisma pushed the order through. The session ended on such a cliffhanger!

... But that was not quite how the session truly panned out.

Earlier, I had run my first session for a group (as opposed to GMing a one-on-one game) in two years. It was a catastrophe that I dearly hope to improve from.

I was far too accustomed to running for only a single player, which set me into poisonous habits for a group game. One-on-one games are very intimate. In such games, it is more acceptable to take your time between posts and describe things with exacting detail. Many times in the past, I had been praised for my ability to portray NPCs in a highly endearing and memorable fashion.

In this game, I was under time pressure. It would have to be a short session because of the circumstances of one of the players, and I was attempting to reach a certain plot point. This, and the fact that I was running for a group, behooved me to rush my descriptions.

Everything came out as plain, amateur-ish, and simply insufficient. A sign that I was not operating optimally: normally, I am very on-the-ball when it comes to describing NPCs blushing in embarrassing situations. In this session, I described an NPC blushing not a single time, no matter how embarrassing the situation.

Another issue is that in one-on-one games, every action by the player counts, and the GM is expected to address such actions. With four players, I was quickly overwhelmed by attempting to address every action of all players; it simply was not within my arsenal of GMing tools, so to speak.
>>
>>52961529

Wordstrike a la Soundstriker bard Archetype
>>
File: 574f35d3c3c6c584edbbeb25e556ada5.jpg (390KB, 854x1000px) Image search: [Google]
574f35d3c3c6c584edbbeb25e556ada5.jpg
390KB, 854x1000px
>>52961537

This was also merely my second time running Pathfinder. A major point of mechanical contention was the manner in which I had implemented quasi-hidden rolls for things the PCs would not know of; my execution of such semi-hidden rolls was very poorly handled in such a way as to annoy the players, and it has pushed me towards a policy of always prompting rolls from the players no matter what.

I had also failed to properly set expectations, and had broken what expectations were present. This was what I had informed the players before the game: It should be noted that while this mini-campaign will include “ecchi” and suggestive elements, there will be no sexual activities initiated by the GM, and any sexual activities initiated by the players will be glossed over off-screen.
>>
File: 3f2d17c5610249a4fc2cbe0d67185988.jpg (262KB, 872x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3f2d17c5610249a4fc2cbe0d67185988.jpg
262KB, 872x1000px
>>52961545

At one point in the game, three Cunning Caster'd, metamagic'd charm persons went towards the three female PCs. (This was the botched implementation of quasi-hidden rolls I had implemented earlier.) They all failed their Perception checks and Will saving throws; the dice rolled out in the open showed as much after the fact. The fourth PC, a male, tried to make Sense Motive checks to realize this but failed terribly. Thus, there was the very tricky situation of three-fourths of the party being charmed, and the remaining PC being unaware of such a thing.

I thought it would be entertaining to use the charm to implement a humorous bait-and-switch of, "You think this will lead to a sexual situation, but it is actually completely innocent." The kitsune boy was actually desperate to recruit people from the noble ball for a private play with a very specific costume detail, no matter how amateurish the press-ganged actresses might have been.

The three charmed characters' players seemingly understood what I was going for, and followed along. The one non-charmed character's player... did not, and protested this heavily. Simultaneously, they were a player who refused behind-the-scenes spoilers (understandable). Therefore, this fell completely flat, and everything turned awkward.

I was far too ambitious as a GM, especially during my first session GMing for a full group. I had mismanaged the session, miscarried certain mechanics, and failed to properly align expectations. My spontaneous idea of something humorous also made one player overwhelmingly uncomfortable, a major misstep that will be difficult to correct seeing how they are still (understandably) refusing to hear spoilers.

Would anyone happen to have any advice for how I might improve from this situation?
>>
>>52961544
It's an attack roll vs an attended object. That's a sunder check, m80.

Also, 'breaking objects' says this.

>Certain weapons just can’t effectively deal damage to certain objects. For example, a bludgeoning weapon cannot be used to damage a rope. Likewise, most melee weapons have little effect on stone walls and doors, unless they are designed for breaking up stone, such as a pick or hammer.

Sound doesn't strike me as the sort of thing that would be terribly effective vs CLOTH.
>>
>>52961545
>>52961550

Sometimes when you're collecting info from players they set the bar impossibly high, it's important to not let them nitpick you apart completely.

Running a game is a ton of work, I'm of the firm belief everyone should come together to join in a narrative, co-operating in an improv theater sense as much as a part does in combat.

Love you 2hu XOXOXO
>>
>>52961179
If you didn't believe it after she said she wanted to be sandwiched between two men, I don't know why her apping to Overlewd would convince you.

>>52961387
Wouldn't be anything new for /pfg/, would it? I have my hat in the ring for Overlwed too, it'd be disappointing if that happened. If they can fix their apps I wouldn't mind as much bit right now I definitely feel mine is better.

>>52961505
Also, not only is a Ring of Freedom of Movement really useful, it's also entertaining. Ever watch a water elemental spend three rounds trying to grapple you before it finally figures out that it's not going to happen? Or get paralyzed by a lich only to remember a turn later that doesn't work on you, so you jump up from prone and bluff that you were just PRETENDING to be paralyzed to catch the lich off-guard? Or walk into your own Black Tentacles spell to make an enemy's bad day worse?
>>
>>52961387
Like what?
Not challenging you, just curious, I like reading analysis of these things in hopes of gettin good myself.
>>
>>52961601
>If you didn't believe it after she said she wanted to be sandwiched between two men,

Where's the evidence?
>>
>>52961610

Don't want to be specific since I applied to overlewd, but they're very clearly rough drafts, their apps even basically say as much. If you've read some common criticisms of apps to that game they apply here too.
>>
>>52961567

Noooooo! I was almost effective combat! Almost!
>>
>>52961625
There exists people in the world who don't use component pouches, y'know.

And not all spells use material components.
>>
>>52961640

Yah, I know. Holy symbols are out of the question regarding what I can sunder in a reasonable amount of time, and I've played a sorc before.
>>
>>52961592

>Sometimes when you're collecting info from players they set the bar impossibly high, it's important to not let them nitpick you apart completely.
The players were not the ones complaining, save for the one player who was (understandably) offended by my attempt at a humorous situation.

The players had given noncommittal "It was fine/average" remarks when I had prompted them after the session, but such came across as simply being polite rather than genuine praise.

>Running a game is a ton of work, I'm of the firm belief everyone should come together to join in a narrative, co-operating in an improv theater sense as much as a part does in combat.
And the GM should ideally be the one to oversee and direct this group effort. I simply lacked the skills to do such a thing.

For example, it was a poor sign that at numerous points, players were indicating both out-of-character and in-character that they were bored. This was most prevalent during situations wherein I was focusing the spotlight on a single character for overly long periods of time, because of my instincts as a one-on-one specialist GM.
>>
Is it possible to have people smoking cigarettes or some kind of mini-cigar in Pathfinder?

Or should I find some kind of alternative, like just having everyone carry a pipe?
>>
>>52961661
Also people who'll just put a sword through your head.
>>
>>52961680

Maybe try to just set a timer for yourself, give each player X minutes in the spotlight, then move on to the next. Or let the players take the reigns and direct things as they want to?

I think everyone images the grand ball as a great scene, but generally they imagine it as a great scene for their character. And it's hard to capture such a setting for a group. Maybe just be more realistic about what can be accomplished?
>>
>>52961537
>Everything came out as plain, amateur-ish, and simply insufficient. A sign that I was not operating optimally: normally, I am very on-the-ball when it comes to describing NPCs blushing in embarrassing situations. In this session, I described an NPC blushing not a single time, no matter how embarrassing the situation.

Holy fuck.
>>
File: Wubuwants theDP.png (19KB, 729x127px) Image search: [Google]
Wubuwants theDP.png
19KB, 729x127px
>>52961610
Protag and Wubu's apps aren't bad really, just unrefined. Like >>52961617 says, they're rough drafts. There's still time for edits and if they they get fixed up to be something nice I won't be bothered to see either of them get in. But as is both apps feel clunky and a little generic and reading it doesn't make me empathize with the character at all.

>>52961615
In the discord when she was dropping Blingmaker picks. Pic related.

>>52961688
Are you just asking if cigarettes are a thing in Pathfinder? I'm pretty sure there are, but there's definitely cigars. I remember seeing some kind of tree monster that have special cigars only they can smoke without getting sick. I don't remember the name though. Kappar-something or other.
>>
>>52961537
>Everything came out as plain, amateur-ish, and simply insufficient. A sign that I was not operating optimally: normally, I am very on-the-ball when it comes to describing NPCs blushing in embarrassing situations. In this session, I described an NPC blushing not a single time, no matter how embarrassing the situation.
Do... do you actually think this is how real people work?
>>
>>52961688

There is tobacco in the Adventure's Armory (or maybe Alchemy Manual). Cigarettes are possible.
>>
>>52961784
>In the discord when she was dropping Blingmaker picks. Pic related.

Hmm, so one could theoretically score some choice magic items and other boons if they could conspire to create just such a scenario, and maybe even replicate it frequently?
Very interesting!
>>
>>52961784
>Posting discord screenshots
How will the tyrant who runs the discord respond?
>>
>>52961721

A timer was actually something I had tried to implement in the group game I had run two years ago. It did not work well then (perhaps it was too rigid?), and it did not work well now.

I can identify another major misstep I made. One of the key plot points I was trying to establish for later on in the campaign involved one-on-one séances with deceased loved ones.

I thought it would be a good idea to demonstrate how it was "supposed" to work by having the psychic and an important NPC conduct such a one-on-one séance. Once it was halfway through, I realized that the players were expressing boredom over it; I then fast-forwarded through most of the séance, but it came across as lazy and disjointed.

Afterwards, I requested another one of the PCs to step forward for a one-on-one séance. Only then did it hit me: "Why was the first séance even necessary? Why did I not just skip straight ahead to this one directly involving a PC?"

Even then, the problem with this second séance was that the rest of the PCs were uninvolved and expressing boredom. One of the players suggested that I give the other PCs a different activity to occupy themselves with, but I brushed it off, as I was deeply unconfident in my ability to juggle between two major conversations simultaneously. The second séance dragged out for an uncomfortably long time, and it was all very awkward.

It would have been a good idea for me to pre-plan two different sets of activities to engage the entire group with, with enough notes that I could smoothly run two concurrent conversations.
>>
>>52961830
tldr: I tried to railroad, my players tried to get off the rails and I couldn't handle it.
>>
File: how2holyswordskill.jpg (207KB, 497x800px) Image search: [Google]
how2holyswordskill.jpg
207KB, 497x800px
What are your favorite melee Cleric builds/archetypes in PF?

Back in 3.5 I loved the Ordained Champion PrC, looking for something like that. Still feasible or should people who want that just go Paladin?
>>
>>52961844
No bully.
>>
File: 936bb68634a9113731f72c74a954743f.jpg (655KB, 1000x1412px) Image search: [Google]
936bb68634a9113731f72c74a954743f.jpg
655KB, 1000x1412px
>>52961830

Addendum: I most definitely should have pre-written descriptions and NPC dialogue in order to expedite the session.
>>
>>52961858
Melee clerics are weak in PF, people only do it because it was GOAT in 3.5 and they're not capable of critical thought or reanalysis when things change. You waste too much battle time buffing, and Divine Power is a fraud pretending to be Divine Power now.
>>
>>52961960
This. I mean, my cleric has a sword and a shield, but his main job is buffs and shit. He just also helps flank big dudes and kill little dudes after he casts a buff or two.
>>
>>52961784
>using the light theme on Discord

You disgust me.

>>52961858
I've wanted to try a reach cleric build for a while but never had a good chance. As for archetypes, Ecclesitheurge, or whatever it's called, is kinda neat.
>>
>>52959950
So I've got a fun mechanic in my campaign that the party has been playing around with. Or rather, stuff that I get to play around with, and the party gets to fuck around with. Basically I've taken a page from the game Myst, and the minecraft mod Mystcraft.

In my setting, there's a few very rare objects called Linking Books and Descriptive Books. So far the party has found out a couple things about them;

> Green linking books contain a picture of the location they were created, as well as some text.
> Books detects with Strong Void Magic
> Attempting to read the text of the book will instantaneously transfer you to the location pictured within it.
> The linking book does not follow you.

Brown Descriptive books
> Detects as EXTREME void magic(stuns for 1d6 rounds if you attempt to cast detect magic on it)
> They contain a picture, as well as text describing another location. Attempting to read that text will instantly take you to the location inside the book..
> This does not have to be on the Prime plane, in fact these are used to create entire new planes of existence.
> If you travel to a Descriptive Plane without a linking book to take you back home, you can never return. You will be lost there forever, as not even a wish(Wishing for a linking book will simply give you a blank link) or a gate spell can bring you back home.
> Some descriptive planes are inherently unstable.. When created, they have some areas of a fine white powder that slowly spreads across the plane and turns it into an airless wasteland of ashes.

So far the party has two linking books, both take them to locations near some major cities. They also have a descriptive book that takes them to an air-tight bunker in a place called "Mining Plane 41"... Which is 100% desolate, airless wasteland. I'm trying to come up with more ways to do fun stuff with this concept in my campaign, what do you guys have as ideas?
>>
Is bestiary 6 uploaded to the trove yet? If not, hand me a link pls
>>
>>52961784
Wubu just app'd to Overlewd as two guys with Betrothed Avowed. You might actually be right. We'll have to find her F-List to see for sure though

>>52962021
>Myst
I remember that game! I like where this is going...

Are you wanting more ideas for Descriptive Planes? Tell us more about your campaign so we can figure out ideas that would fit in well.

>>52962041
I don't think it's in the trove yet, buddy.
>>
How did your RotRL campaign go?
What did you enjoy about it?
What did you not?
>>
>>52962077
>Wubu just app'd to Overlewd as two guys with Betrothed Avowed

Will the lucky girl be Ruse Ooze?
>>
File: tenor.gif (442KB, 498x235px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
442KB, 498x235px
>Jade Regents Book 2
>PCs are going on Snorri Stone-Eyes' funeral pyre
>Instead of taking the Kayak, the Arcanist bought a scroll of Waterwalking and the party literally described itself as 'Doing the Naruto run' towards the pyre
>Suddenly change all of the Frozen Shadows ninja to be full on anime ninja despite how dumb it was, complete with Vanish leaving behind logs and all that jazz
>Had one of my best sessions so far

I don't know if I should hate or love my players sometimes.

>>52962083
We only went through the first book with my RotJR group. We didn't really like it as a group, but it's mostly because we were all very familiar with Pathfinder, so goblin hunting didn't do much for us.
>>
File: The_Death_of_Sigmund.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The_Death_of_Sigmund.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
Press F to pay respects
>>
>>52962077
Okay, so the setting is A discworld, called "The Disc of Kal-Vortun", which is a flat disc resting on the back of a turtle, which is roughly 7,200 kilometers wide.

On this disc are a series of 16 city states, most of which are at a state of cold war with each other. So far the party knows about these:

> Syr
One of the disc's two Metropolises. It's government is run entirely by clockwork guardians and sentinels, with a monolithic monster of gears called "The Clerk" that runs the show. As per current events in the campaign, the robots killed off most of the city's occupants, and the party eventually came in later and defeated The Clerk. Syr is now in ruins.

> Greybluff
This is a minor city nestled in the foot of a mountain pass, within a former dwarf fortress that had fallen, and was then reclaimed by a group of drow and deurgar. It's a semi-common stop for travelers to Pinnacle.

> Pinnacle of Five Peaks
The second metropolis. This one is a dwarf city nestled in a valley between the peaks of the 5 tallest mountains in the very center of the disc. The party traveled here during a quest to track down the setting's "Legendary Gunsmith", which was the only source of Advanced Firearms in the setting. Their quest led them to starting the largest pub-crawl in history, as well as a drinking contest that consumed nearly 50,000 gold worth of liquor. All in the name of finding this gunsmith.

> 'Wind rising over grassy plains'
This is a city full of Tengus, who have a proud warrior culture. Their existence is defined by ritualistic cults of gryphon riders, who seek out glorious battle, so they can have intricate artwork sewn into pennants that adorn all of the buildings in their city. It's also surrounded in nearly all directions by a set of marshy grasslands filled to the brim with monsters like drowners and kekimoras.

The party defeated a populist uprising there, and rescued Prince Calpheon, thus earning themselves the eternal gratitude of this city.
>>
>>52961315
Ran a session, somewhat doubtful due to the party wizard being away. Luckily, the gauntlet of enemies took enough time and I'm running the boss battle next session.
>>
>>52962007
>I've wanted to try a reach cleric build for a while but never had a good chanc

I've thought about switching mine to a Reach cleric. He just hit level 3, and hasn't picked a feat yet. 16 STR, 14 DEX, 14 CON, so he's got the physical chops to pull it off, but it's just such a deviation from his fluff and flavor as a brave Iomedaean that I just can't justify making the change even if it's optimal.
>>
>>52962077
Wait though, looking at her app it never says they're boys. It never says they're girls either!

>>52962175
Yeah, that's one problem for me too. The gods I like don't have reach weapons, and fuck if I'm going to play a cleric that doesn't use their god's weapon. Could play a cleric of an ideal, but doing that is dumb.
>>
>>52962175
Reach clerics are overrated.
>>
>>52962194
Exactly! The guy's even gotten into arguments with the party paladin about the merits of the longsword, because the paladin is overly enchanted with extravagant oriental blades and loses sight of True Justice.
>>
>>52962194
Calling it now: They're going to be whatever the opposite gender of the party's majority gender is.
>>
>>52962166
Also some more:

> Londorium
It's an expy of the british empire. One of the party members hails from this land, but none of them have personally visited it.

> Ozarkstead
One day an Ork decided that he had enough of faffing about in the mountains, and getting eaten by dragons and gryphons. So he settled down with his 700 sons and started a town. Given that the town was placed onto a route that was popular with traders, it ended up growing into a city.

Due to being harassed constantly by Fae(The main portal from the Fae's realm into the Prime Materium is a couple days journey from Ozarkstead), they have developed a lot of architecture and combat styles that are meant to deal with Fae. All of their buildings are short structures with few windows and armoured doors, which are reinforced with bars of Cold Iron. Their warriors are equipped in suits of germanic plate armour that is further reinforced with thin strips of cold iron. In addition, they also sell amulets made of yet more cold iron, so as to protect themselves and travelers from some of the mind-altering affects of certain greater fae. The party did buy some of these amulets, and it came to be useful later when they encountered a Fae that could literally command them to kill themselves, were it not for them still wearing the amulets.
>>
>>52962166
>>52962021
Do something with the white powder, I'd say. The ashes of a disintegrating world have to be good for something, right? Maybe there's somebody out there that wants to experiment with them, so they ask the party to go out to one of these worlds and collect some for them. They do it and get paid, move on... Later on they come back to that city or place and the dust has "spread" eating away at the city they delivered it to. They have to find some way to shove the city into a book or else they risk letting the rest of the material plane disintegrate too.

>>52962217
I'm going to bet that one is a boy and the other is a girl. The trick is figuring out which one, since they look the same.
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 174x290px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 174x290px
>>52961179
>>52961784
So find a buddy and PM her! Maybe you can pic related!
>>
>>52962238
The party did obtain some of the powder from Mining Plane 41, which they bottled up in a flask made from the same material as the bunker(I didn't tell them what material it was, only that none of them recognize it, but it's actually Titanium). It was pretty hilarious to see the look on the alchemists face when I described what happened to his construct when it stepped outside the bunker. It kinda took a couple steps, and seemed to 'sink' into the powder, at which point it was erased from existence.

They actually went to the Faewild portal near ozarkstead. The alchemist immediately and without hesitation threw his flask of "Entropy" right into the portal. Which had the entire party including me sitting in stunned silence for about 5 minutes.

I like the idea of someone trying to trick them into giving them some of the powder. I'll have to use that next time they go exploring.
>>
>>52962273
Remember the codeword when you PM them!

Rogues are viable
>>
>>52962273
>>52962290
Okay, real talk. Has anybody here ACTUALLY sent somebody a PM and ACTUALLY gotten RP or ERP or even a conversation out of it?

The meme has been floating around for a while but I've just been assuming it's only a meme. I can't imagine actually doing something out of the blue with a stranger like that.
>>
>>52962312
i do

its pretty simple just have mutual interest in eachothers characters
>>
>>52962312
I've received PMs from four different people already! There's some serious lewdness in the works; I've got high hopes!
>>
>>52962312
I keep seeing that people have bookmarked my f-list profiles yet nothing ever comes of it.
>>
>>52962312
>>52962273
>>52961179
>>52962363
> People are actually this desperate for ERP.
Geez, okay. I have two options for you guys. Either go get World of Warcraft and hop onto the Moon Guard server. Or buy Black Desert for like 10 dollars, and go to the Calpheon 2 server. Both are like the goldmines of ERP opportunities.

For the latter option, just make a moderately attractive female character(not hard with Black Desert's character creator, just look it up I swear!), and you'll get propositioned for ERP on a semi-hourly basis while just walking around any major city.
>>
Where do you even find the Overlewd apps?

I'm so new to these parts it hurts, please be gentle.
>>
File: 11a02ef23870.jpg (20KB, 220x188px) Image search: [Google]
11a02ef23870.jpg
20KB, 220x188px
>>52962392
Yeah about that
>>
>>52962217
So you gotta flip a coin and see which one you're about to bed, huh? 50/50 shot... I like those odds!

>>52962398
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/74565/overlewd-a-story-of-dastardly-conduct
>>
File: 1492982375124.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492982375124.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>52962392
>World of Warcraft
thanks for reminding me I can't play anymore due to not having a gaming rig.
I miss raiding and mythic+ dungeons
>>
>>52962392
Overlewd basically isn't a Pathfinder game already since it isn't combat focused. It exists to help people hook up for ERP.
>>
>>52962439
Black Desert is much worst. It runs on a heavily modified Cryengine, with actual Z-brush as it's character creator. I have a GTX 1060, and it fucking ROARS like a goddamn dragon on the medium graphics settings.. Pic related, that's not pre-rendered, it's ingame sceenshot from one of my guildies.
>>
>>52962332
>>52962363
>Never make waifus
>Don't go out of my way to make husbandos
>Never get contacted for ERP
>Don't want to contact someone for ERP without a good idea in mind
>Never get PMs
>Still see an occasional bookmark on F-list

The fact of the matter is that it's really just anons pretending they're notorious ERP sluts/studs in the threads to make other people jealous/provoke them into PMing and getting embarrassed. For anyone who doesn't get PMed, there's nothing wrong with you. Anons are just messing with you.
>>
>>52960036
WuBu the slut applied
>>
File: 1461227430539.gif (212KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
1461227430539.gif
212KB, 525x525px
>>52962471
>mfw I remember fondly my GBA/N64/GCN games
>mfw I hold nothing but contempt for graphicsfags who need the games to constantly have far higher requirements just because they want them to look a bit prettier
>>
File: 1489449537915.png (169KB, 318x308px) Image search: [Google]
1489449537915.png
169KB, 318x308px
>>52960799
This shit makes not making Blingmaker all worth it.
>>
File: 1493228120258.jpg (2MB, 5028x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1493228120258.jpg
2MB, 5028x3264px
It's late, memes are asleep, let's discuss Pathfinder.

The Darklantern archetype is interesting. You trade off a social talent you probably didn't want and your 4th level Vigilante talent, which is nice for Stalkers but not quite so much for Avengers. In exchange you get a nice series of features including a +2 untyped bonus to DEX and CHA. Light blindness hurts, but it's hardly unmanageable.

The real weakness to this archetype though is the roleplaying aspect. The concept is hard enough to fit in a game, but at a simple DC10 check, you're still likely to fail a fifth of your swaps back to social at 1, and if you screw that up, good luck going forward.

But anyways, let's talk. What's your take on this new archetype, what kind of interesting character could you play off of it, and how would you manage your inner drow?
>>
>>52962551

The Blingmaker players think it's hilarious too!

Hilarious how salty you are.
>>
What's your favourite fleet?
>>
>>52962594
Dark Lantern is quite possibly the best 1pp Vigilante archetype.

Even though it trades out a Vigilante talent, SR is no joke.
>>
>>52962549
Lol, I only care about this game because it's a 10$ buy upfront, and it's practically designed with ERP'ers in mind. Where else can I act out as a 6' 8" half-elf that fucking towers over everyone

I could honestly care less, but then again my New Vegas download on steam is 165 gigabytes, when the core game is only 2.. Which is so many goddamn mods that I had to open up a mod editor to merge 90% of them together in order to bypass the "138 Glitch".
> mfw people complain about graphics while forgetting that video games are a form of art, where we expect video game devs to build upon the work of previous masters
> mfw all the games we decry as shit are the ones that fail to understand this, and just focus exclusively on bait gimicks like pretty graphics with no substance
>>
>>52962549
Well you see games like BDO have graphics as one of their main selling points, and shit like ENB Thousand Mods Skyrim is basically a screenshot simulator.
That being said I'm well tired of graphics bullshit worming its way into my strategy games. No, Johan, fucking map simulators don't need to be pretty at the expense of performance and game quality. No, Sid, I'm more interested in the quality of Civilization II and IV than in the """"""""""""""""""prettiness"""""""""""""""""" of Civilization VI (and Civilization V looks better anyway). And no, every fucking RTS game out there, being pretty and having hot girls doesn't automatically make you better than ancient titles like AoE II.

>>52962625
>using steam mod manager
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>52962594
I wish there was a way to expand upon the archetype to not be so fluff-restricted. Something more generic, with the ability to imitate one race OF YOUR CHOICE. So a human could pretend to be an orc, a halfling could pretend to be a dwarf, a kobold could pretend to be a lizardfolk, etc.
>>
>>52962648
> Implying I used steam mod manager
Bruh, it's only the cloud install. I don't even use the workshop. My journey into putting 400+ mods on new vegas required FNVEdit as well as NMM.

I honestly get pretty mad at DOW 3 because of how much bullshit it's graphics is. Like it's horribly unoptimized to a point where my 300$ monster card can only run it on the medium settings, yet I can run Black Desert seamlessly. Listen, if my FPS dips below 144 for any goddamn reason, it should be that the game looks better than real life. And if I'm running the game at <30 fps, while it's simultaneously NOT better than real life, YOUR GAME IS SHIT. OPTIMIZE IT YOU CHEEKY FUCKS.
>>
>>52962688
>$ 300
Poorfag detected but yeah you're right there is literally no reason for a fucking strategy game to dip FPS
I can understand lag and turn time increases and shit because of all the calcs screaming in the back but when I'm actually getting 41 fps on the map it's time to get mad
Especially because FUCK YOU SID CIVILIZATION VI IS GARBAGE THIS IS THE LAST CIV GAME I BUY
>>
>>52962658
The mechanical and flavour side of this archetype are very tied together though, which I like. Pretending to be another race is something you can just use disguise for, and transforming into one would require a completely different kit.

I wonder how complicated the life of a Half-Elf Darklantern is.
>>
>>52962594
>Let's discuss pathfinder

Build Advice time? Maybe? Fuggit, Imma ask anyways.

Is Improved Stalwart worth it on Gunslinger? Combined with Combat Expertise it's DR 10/- that stacks with other DR in exchange for -4 to hit...which even with other things sapping your attack roll (Deadly Aim, Rapid Shot etc.) as long as you're targeting touch it doesn't matter as much, and with the DR you can sit more comfortably in the front.

Also looking to possibly go Barbarian Urban/Invulnerable after Slinger5/Fighter1 for more DR but that's up in the air right now.

Any words of wisdom? Is the four feat slot investment worth it? I think it looks promising, but ranged is super feat taxing as it is.
>>
File: 1480223253931.jpg (209KB, 1079x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1480223253931.jpg
209KB, 1079x1067px
when
>>
>Cacodaemons are CR2 shitters

What a bunch of shit
>>
>>52962741
I definitely don't think it's worth it. DR is nice to have but it's not so handy to make so many sacrifices over. Putting aside the standard topic of damage over survivability, ranged really is going to be eating feats and whatever's left over will probably be shoring out whatever your campaign concerns are. Just stick your melee at the front and do your best to make your reflex saves.
>>
File: 1364962740062.gif (768KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
1364962740062.gif
768KB, 500x340px
>>52962594
Imma discuss both, because I can.

I don't really care about drow that much, so the flavor is lost on me. But Mechanically the archetype seems like a pretty solid upgrade. Light blindness really doesn't hurt at all if you can play around it, this is clearly meant for a campaign that spends a lot of time in the Darklands where you won't have to deal with light often. When it does come up, you can just switch back to elf. Or try to, anyway. That DC is pretty weird, it's not static and it doesn't cap so the archetype really doesn't let you just stay in drow form forever without punishment... or does it? You keep all your elven racial features, like your ability modifiers, and the drow features you get just stack atop them. Other than drow feats, is there a good reason not to just play this archetype and stay perma-drow'd instead of playing an actual drow?

Can't speak for Vigilante itself much, don't know the class so well. Also, I wish that Blightseeker archetype were a bit cooler and a bit better. I like the flavor of it.

>>52962623
Eh, I've got slightly mixed feelings about SR, since you have to lower it for friendly spells or risk them being wasted. Out of battle, that's no problem, but spell resistance has fucked me or a party member over during a fight a few times before.

>>52962406
You know, surprisingly I think that's pretty common. I'm in the same boat, and a good handful of people I've ERPed with are the same way. I want to see some interesting story or character interaction or context.

>>52962471
Holy shit, that's pretty crazy. I can't even imagine how much money it would cost me to get a computer that could run something like that.

>>52962741
I'd say it's not worth it. You're a gunslinger, why do you want to sit in the front anyway? But Invulnerable Rager is lots of fun, IMO. Then again, I like Barbs in general.

>>52962194
Go for anal and it doesn't matter what they are. Hell, spitroast one with the help of the other if they're both traps.
>>
Is bestiary 6 up yet?
>>
>>52962814
Mechanically the only real loss in drow form is some social talents, notably social grace and... actually, just social grace as far as stuff that matters.

Also I guess you're always CE in drow form.
>>
File: drow crossbow.jpg (462KB, 992x1364px) Image search: [Google]
drow crossbow.jpg
462KB, 992x1364px
The only problem with crossbows are reload speed and not having stat to damage, right?
>>
>>52962792
>>52962814
I'll take your word for it for now, maybe test it in a 1 on 1 game where I tend to be taking more damage.

What about Barb and Slinger in general? Without going Stalwart I don't have to dip into fighter tho I still can, I could just go 5 Slinger and the rest barbarian.

The rage bonuses to Dex from Urban seems nice since it applies to slinger attacks and damage, could even make melee a more viable option without needing to go finesse since I can go strength as well.
>>
>>52962878
Bolt Ace fixes that for five levels. But to my knowledge, yes.
>>
>>52962745
...What are you waiting for? The Granblue anime?
>>
File: 1475027187638.jpg (128KB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
1475027187638.jpg
128KB, 1200x810px
What's your favourite Adventure Path?
What did you like about it?
What did you play?
What did you hate about it?
How did it go?

What is your least favourite Adventure Path?
Why is it so?
How would it be better?
>>
>>52963079
My favorite adventure path is heavily modified Kingmaker(s) tied into The Swords of the Seven Sins
>What did you like about it?
Taming a kingdom and allowing my PCs to become crazy powerful was pretty satisfying to guide.
>What did you play?
Forever DM, but due to the nature of the campaign I allowed myself an NPC stand in that was an attention loving druid native to the land.
>What did you hate about it?
The in game rules for land management and downtime is pretty dumb, swapped some stuff around with an emphasis on the new land becoming autonomous before worrying about making mad dosh.
>How did it go?
Tied it into a storyline where everyone in the party was the new wielder of one of the Swords of Seven Sins, putting them on the path to become runelords i.e. demigods. The land and adventures in it made for a good stepping stone for establishing dominion and growing their new powers. Overall it went pretty well,
though if I had one complaint it was a bit light on the RP side save for watching the PCs react to their growth in different ways.

>What is your least favorite adventure path?

I dunno, only played Kingmaker. Though I have some issues with the low level modules that take place in Falcon's Hollow.
>Why is it so?
Kobold King has a pretty deep dungeon filled with monsters and the PCs feel like they are on a time limit when they find out the Kobold's plans is to sacrifice the kids. By the time they reached the king the four decently optimized characters were completely exhausted on spells and most their healing sources, I had to pull a punch to make it fair and deny him his mooks.

Also, the adventures have this fascination with throwing waifu's at the party in sometimes the most hamfisted ways. I think the worse one is when you can cuck Namdrin Quinn in Carnival of Tears. Either that or the kobold mistress. These are minor grips, though.
>>
>>52963262
Kingdom building rules would unironically be better with some random Civilization crap
>>
>>52963291
Not a bad idea, honestly. I went with SimCity myself.

If you want to attract X amount of people to your community, you need Y amount of homes, Z amount of farms to feed them, Q amount of jobs/industry to keep them employed, U amount of military/guard to protect them, etc.

After that, just get a rough map of the area in hexographer and make sure to denote what space they are using for what. I always liked the balancing aspect of SC, and to my surprise only one of my players had played it before.
>>
How do we summon reviewanon? I enjoyed listening to how he views characters.
>>
File: 1481082675874.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481082675874.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>52963618
Which one
I'm the one who blew through like twenty characters over two different nights but fuck's sake just when I think I'm getting close to done more and more people shove in apps
>>
>>52963652
You won't get them done without effort!

Think of your fans, review-anonkun!
>>
>>52963729
>implying I have fans
>>
>>52963780
You have me.
>>
>>52963785
That's "a fan" not "fans"
:^)
>>
File: How do i tank in pathfinder.jpg (112KB, 1024x647px) Image search: [Google]
How do i tank in pathfinder.jpg
112KB, 1024x647px
pic and filename related, how do I do it? no pow allowed
>>
File: 1476310680466.jpg (615KB, 2480x3507px) Image search: [Google]
1476310680466.jpg
615KB, 2480x3507px
>>52963795
MMOfags fuck off
>>
>>52963794
I'm new, but I was enjoying them.

So fans.

I'm not applying for Overlewd, but when I'm done with my current character I wouldn't mind it getting reviewed. No pressure though,
understand if you don't want to.
>>
>>52963794
My friend is also a fan of you, so now you have fans.
>>
>>52963818
>>52963821
Maybe later desu, too busy fixing my own application
>>
>>52963829
Can we review it?
>>
>>52963833
Ecaterina, go ahead.
>>
File: who.jpg (39KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
39KB, 430x430px
>>52963833
>>52963840
>who reviews the reviewanon
>>
>>52963840
The only comment i have is that it would be neat if the dm accepted a ghost and a ghoul together, it'd make for a cute dynamic
>>
>>52963845
To be honest I was going to review my own app with "pls accept me" as the only comment.
>>
So the PFSRD is having some issues, and I need to access the Faerie Dragon sorcerer bloodline but can't.

Anyone have a screencap or any other source available for this page?
>>
>>52963951

http://archivesofnethys.com/BloodlineDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Draconic is the only one I can find, and it doesn't have Faerie dragons. Is this a 3pp bloodline?
>>
File: 1482201699563.png (19KB, 119x205px) Image search: [Google]
1482201699563.png
19KB, 119x205px
>>52959950
Why would you use Heles of Irestill as OP image? She's a fighter type with actually interesting mechanics, which makes her the antithesis of everything Pathfinder stands for.
>>
>>52963951
https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-3rd-party-publishers/jon-brazer-enterprises---bloodlines/faerie-dragon-bloodline
This one?
>>
>>52963968

It is, sorry forgot to mention that.

>>52963999

That's the one, thanks anon!
>>
>>52961064
Probably a some kind of divine caster. Might spec into archery, depending on if the bard or the ranger is already doing that or not.
>>
I know the alignment system is kind of laughed at, but can someone explain, or give examples, neutral good for me?

I always viewed it as sort of like the Batman alignment, but not sure if that's accurate.
>>
>>52964137
I always imagined Neutral Good as someone who will do the right thing regardless of their own code or the law.
>>
>>52963798
>They allow chuuni hime on this board
What has this world come to
>>
>>52964137

Lawful Good: Paladins and extremely legalistic people. Breaking a law can never be good.

Neutral Good: Sometimes laws aren't right, but they should usually be obeyed, as long as it's the right thing to do.

Chaotic Good: The law holds us against helping the people, the poor suffer and the rich benefit too much- it's not wrong in any case to steal from the rich and give to those who need it.

Lawful Neutral: The law dictates everything, without order everything falls apart- even if it's good or bad.

True Neutral: The best alignment, generally goes with whatever the character's values are, can go any-which-way, or has a set of values that do not align with the chart otherwise. Has a tendency towards good, usually.

Chaotic Neutral: Always gets their way, fuck the law, fuck other people. A maverick at best and a criminal at worst, but they don't necessarily want people to suffer.

Lawful Neutral: Abuses the law to gain leverage over people, abides by a strict set of guidelines to achieve what they want. You can't just kill people, you have to do it in a specific manner. Tends to be corrupt politicians and whatnot.

Neutral Evil: Generally greedy or selfish, they do whatever they want, even if it means others are killed, but don't necessarily focus on harming others, just benefitting.

Chaotic Evil: KILL EVERYTHING END THE WORLD ALL MUST SUFFER
>>
>>52964137
Neutral Good is basically the Benevolent archetype. This guy is just a swell guy who wants to be happy by making you happy.
>>
>>52964254
There's only one way to make me happy, anon.

Are you ready for that?
>>
>>52964184
>Lawful Good
Never is a strong word, Anon. A paladin should never fear breaking the law if said law is unjust. In fact, a paladin should feel inclined to shatter those laws so that new ones can take their place.

>Lawful Nuetral
Not wrong, but it's also the alignment of your typical monk who is a perfectionist. Less emphasis on mortal laws, more emphasis on order and discipline.
>>
>>52964184
>Lawful Good

Nah, a lawful good person recognizes that law is meant to be a tool for goodness, and that the laws of a corrupt tyrant or a deranged madman are mere mockeries of the concept. The way you explain it makes everything entirely black and white, much more boring, and leads to lawful stupid.

>Neutral Good
It's neutral with respect to law, the word law shouldn't even come up. The only law a NG person should feel beholden to is their own moral compass. They follow laws as a convenience, but have no qualms disregarding them when it means being able to help someone. Generally won't break laws so eagerly to help themselves, however.

>Chaotic Evil
Disregard law, do what you want. But that doesn't have to involve killing people or making them suffer all the time. If it never does, that would be CN or CG, but CE doesn't have to be genocidal or lacking in friends.

>>52964296
G-gosh Anon, are you going to PM me?
>>
I like to think of lawfulness and evilness on a simple spectrum.

Good : I want to make others happy.

Neutral: Both

Evil: I prefer to make myself happy.

Lawful: It is the responsibility of others to make (Themselves if evil, Others if good) happy.

Neutral: Both/Neither

Chaotic: It is each person's own responsibility whether they want to make (themselves if evil, others if good) happy.

Thus, a chaotic person finds it entirely up to himself to make himself satisfied with whatever goal. A chaotic good finds it up to himself to make others happy (generally, already unhappy people) Lawful good thinks everyone should work together to be happy together, and Lawful evil uses other people to make themselves happy as a rule.

It can change and blend, but that's my rendition.
>>
>>52964339
>G-gosh Anon, are you going to PM me?
You are already PMed.
>>
Y'all degenerates need the Dawnflower in your life.
>>
File: CmwBCqGWEAAiIhR.jpg (65KB, 1199x831px) Image search: [Google]
CmwBCqGWEAAiIhR.jpg
65KB, 1199x831px
I'm making custom races for a campaign because the players want something different to pick from. So far I have dog people that are essentially a dwarf/kobold fusion and not-planetouched druid people. What do you guys suggest as a third race to round it out?
>>
File: am I Stupei.png (118KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
am I Stupei.png
118KB, 650x650px
>tfw someone reviews your app, and gives you pointers and advice, but you just don't know how to use that to improve your app
>>
>>52965200

>Someone reviews your app, and gives pointers and advice, but it takes your character in a completely different direction than what you planned
>You're unsure if they were given honest criticism, or trying to make your character into their fetish
>>
>>52965200
>>52965221

Look at reviewanon memes and acceptance rates.

They're just giving you false advice to tear you down.
>>
>>52965297
honestly i don't even know what to make of acceptance rates
>>
>>52965200
>tfw you know exactly what you should do to fix your app
>but you're being a lazy fag and can't make yourself sit down and rewrite that bit to make everything perfect
>you know you probably don't fit the game so you put it off more
>>
>>52965360
>you know you probably don't fit the game so you put it off more
Don't take this self defeating mindset. Please. You fit the game. You're doing no one any favours by applying to a game and then saying "Well I don't fit in anyways."

Chin up, anon. You can do it. I'm cheering for you!
>>
>>52959950
Unfortunately, the an online game turned out to be a ruse, the DM's abusive parents threatening to pawn off his PC if he does not study so he cancelled it
What other /pfg/ games are recruiting ?
>>
>>52965321

Memes are the strongest of all
>>
>>52965496
mean yeah but i don't think the 100% acceptance rate memes really matter
>>
>>52965297
What actually ARE the acceptance rates for ReviewAnon? Which ReviewAnon do you mean because there's at least three of them at this point. Gib real numbers to back claims, pls.

>>52965360
You need to put some pep in in your step anon and get yourself some confidence! Go listen to some upbeat or inspiring music and then PM somebody in Overlewd you think looks cute!

>>52965466
Overlewd, DAA, Raining Oil and Blood, maybe Rhusea still? There are probably others too but I don't remember.
>>
>>52965444
I don't have any stake in this and won't be bothered if I do not in fact make it in. It's fun to theorycraft, but what I have just doesn't seem to match the average theme many players are shooting for. I'll still clean up my app and polish it to something I can be proud of, I just expect nothing past that.
>>
>>52965565
Links please ?
>>
>>52965739
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75981/raining-oil-and-blood

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/74565/overlewd-a-story-of-dastardly-conduct

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73938/rhusae
>>
File: 68c9828596260d4f4d64a70cd478725f.jpg (933KB, 800x1113px) Image search: [Google]
68c9828596260d4f4d64a70cd478725f.jpg
933KB, 800x1113px
How is Wrath of the Righteous? Thinking about running it for my friends.

>pic not related at all
>>
File: 1462102299617.jpg (123KB, 430x600px) Image search: [Google]
1462102299617.jpg
123KB, 430x600px
>>52965900
who knows
pic not related
>>
>>52965900
a disaster
>>
>>52965930

What's bad about it?
>>
>>52965939
everything

mythic is a shit system, the campaign is poorly written.
>>
>>52965930
/pfg/, sometimes it feels like you think every AP is a disaster.

You know what? Tell me about modules. Nobody ever asks what modules are fun. Have you played any? I ran Crown of the Kobold King, but that's it. Seemed okay, but it was my first time DMing so I screwed some shit up.
>>
>>52965975
No, the only apps that are actual disasters are Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous, which is what EVERYONE asks about
>>
>>52965987
So why does everybody except /pfg/ and even some people on /pfg/ seem to have fun with them? Moreso Kingmaker than WotR since I don't hear about the other as much..
>>
>>52966009
You mean Blingmaker? Nobody likes Kingmaker.
>>
>>52966009
>why do casuls enjoy things with shitty mechanics even if they're shitty

Really makes you think.
>>
>>52966009
Because good GMs can work around problems inherent to the APs to make them fun.
>>
File: SQUAD BROKEN.gif (387KB, 269x270px) Image search: [Google]
SQUAD BROKEN.gif
387KB, 269x270px
>>52965805
>rhusae
>rhu - sae
>ruse - ayy
>"Its a ruse, ayy"
YOU'LL NOT GET ME THIS TIME SATAN!
>>
>>52966009
The fun is from taking the good ideas they had, and refurbishing them with a good GM so they can actually be great
>>
>>52966043
No, I mean Kingmaker. Lots of people in /pfg/ seem to have played Kingmaker, since I remember a few different people have talked about their time playing it. I get the impression that most of the people that bitch about it here seem to be people that haven't played it.

And as for Blingmaker, it's a wild card. The DM seems like they're changing a lot and want to put a lot of effort into fleshing things and people out. There's potential there, assuming the game doesn't crash and burn or turn out to be a last minute bamboozle
>>
>>52966116
Wubu seems like a good sort. Would let her take my ERP virginity.
>>
>>52966116
As someone who played Kingmaker, and had a generally below average time I can say it is pretty bad unless your GM puts a LOT of fucking work into adding extra shit.

Kingmaker is pretty much "get what you put in" the AP.
>>
>>52966116
Kingmaker sounds more like a skeleton of an AP that requires the DM to put in a fuckload of effort to make it actually good. That and some handwaving of certain mechanics.
>>
>>52966127

Wubu is a good person. Good DM? That remains to be seen. She's got a solid party and an interesting premise, which gives me hope it will be worth a greentext or three.
>>
>>52966130
I played Kingmaker and had a decent time with it. My group didn't treat the game very seriously but the sorta light and jokey tone wasn't bad because we were all okay with it. I definitely know what you mean about getting what you put in.

One thing I like about Kingmaker stories is seeing what the PC Kingdom looked like for different groups. More than any other AP, Kingmaker is going to play out differently every time it gets played. I think that's because of what >>52966191 is saying about how it's like a skeleton of an AP. There's stuff missing the DM needs to fill in to make it good, which means it will also turn out differently depending on who runs it.
>>
>>52966200
Is Wubu a good girl?
>>
>>52965805
>high power duo app planescape
This is going to be a train wreck and I am so fucking excited to follow it.
>>
>>52966247
>Just to be fair to people who aren't on Discord, here's a thread to find other people to write apps with.

THEY AREN'T EVEN PRETENDING ANYMORE
>>
>>52966200
>>52966218
Wubu is definitely a cute, why does /pfg/ have so many cute DMs?
>>
>>52966286
Because you're a nasty, thirsty son of a bitch.
>>
>>52966300
/pfg/ is thirsty as they come, but are they really nasty?
>>
>>52966300
t. Wubu's boyfriend
>>
>>52966081
I wonder if the DM realized what they did with that name.

>>52966127
Same, but I didn't get in Blingmaker so I won't have the chance unless we both get into Overlewd

>>52966218
I thought Wubu was pure, but it turned out she really is a shameless slut after all. She's still nice though, and we'll find out if she's a good DM over the next few weeks. Whether she's a good girl though... What even makes a girl a good girl?

>>52966262
You know, people are quick to remind others that /pfg/ isn't a monolith and we don't all think the same thing, but I feel like nobody remembers that the same is true of the Discord. Either way though, it does seem like it's actually fair, so why would you be salty about it? They're giving people that aren't in the Discord a chance.

Also this is entirely unrelated to all the posts I quoted but how do I into Slayer? I was trying to build one for the first time last week for an NPC, and I realized that it feels like the list of Slayer talents is really lacking.
>>
>>52966311
>>52966300

Who are the normiest people on /pfg/?
>>
>>52966316
Protip - all girls are shameless sluts.
>>
>>52966329
.t /r9k/
>>
>>52966316
>but I didn't get in Blingmaker
Neither did I.

Wanna send a PM to Wubu and do a threeway?
>>
>>52966318
It's impossible to know because they would never apply to the average /pfg/ game.
>>
What about Hell's Rebels or Hell's Vengeance? I'm also looking at Giantslayer and Ironfang Invasion.

Basically anything that isn't Rise of the Runelords or Curse of the Crimson Throne.
>>
>>52966218

She wants an MFM threesome and has two dashing young men in her campaign, if she doesn't introduce a lovely young NPC that wants them both to share her bed than I'll eat my fedora.
>>
>>52966333
Nope, fact of life
They're not always loose sluts but they're always sluts
>>
Anyone have a link for the Pathfinder Bestiary 6 pdf?
>>
>>52966361
Hell's rebels is dumb as fuck and its bad guy is depressingly silly, but as long as you're playing plucky saturday morning CG rebels its ok.

Hell's Vengeance is pretty entertaining and you get to do some crazy shit, but book 2 needs some working

Don't know enough about Ironfang, but hopes are low.

Giantslayer is... Pretty meh, but i guess if you wanna kill giants
>>
>>52966361
I R O N G O D S
>>
>>52966361

Are you looking for an overall well-made adventure?

Jade Regent, Skulls and Shackles, and Reign of Winter are your best bet.
>>
Are there any other cute DMs I should PM.

what about any dirty slut DMs
>>
File: 1490444037999.jpg (122KB, 468x462px) Image search: [Google]
1490444037999.jpg
122KB, 468x462px
What's the best personality for a treasure hunter ?
>>
>>52966351
Don't tempt me, I've actually been thinking about it. I'll do it if you do though.

>>52966361
I looked at playing Giantslayer but we all came away with the impression that it was too much combat and too little RP for our group. Might be more to your tastes, but we didn't want that. I played like half of the first book of CotCT and thought it was fun, but there's lots of room for the AP to go downhill from there. Rise of the Runelords, I've never played but somehow I'm already sick of seeing it.

Too early to say anything about Ironfang. I don't think I could play Hell's Rebels without wanting to do ironic hipsters now.
>>
>>52966374
Shoudn't you be posting images of frogs and whining about roasties while your stepmom drops off your pizzabagels to you in the basement?
>>
>>52966390
Why has /pfg/ done such a 180 on Jade Regeant?

From what I understood it was considered one of the worse adventure paths, not necessarily THE worst but not great either.
>>
>>52966373
Kind of weird how female DMs get free reign to Magical Realm. I guess in a sense, the fact that nobody expects it immediately makes it okay.

>>52966376
Wasn't leakanon cleaning it

>>52966418
Try not to be offended, original [r9k]; nobody likes whiteknights. Especially girls.
>>
>>52966316
Slayer has very few good talents but it has enough that you should never run out. Just don't be stupid and you should never fuck one up, the class is retard floor with good payoff for high system mastery. Paizo's accidental masterpiece.
>>
>>529663>>52965195
Large sized people with slightly floaty limbs. Now that they found themselves in a world that isn't to kill them 24/7, they want to explore it.
>>
>>52966435
I thought it was well known by now that women are the biggest lewdos in tabletop community.
>>
>>52966461
Its true desu
>>
>>52966402

Imagine your typical 1880s British Aristocrat on Safari.
>>
File: Omega_raw.png (2MB, 1024x1402px) Image search: [Google]
Omega_raw.png
2MB, 1024x1402px
>>52966386

What is good about Iron Gods?
>>
>>52966461
Yeah but somehow it's okay for a girl to announce that Black Tentacles is hereafter replaced with Purple Tentacles, identical in effect but with added hentai effects, but if a guy does it people immediately roar MAGICAL REALM and fuck off. It's kind of weird.
>>
>>52966435

I've roleplayed on enough adult forums dominated by women, and have read enough trashy romance novels myself, to not even be phased by it.
>>
>>52966491
Because its awesome.
>>
File: Don't mess with McDuck 3.jpg (106KB, 560x400px) Image search: [Google]
Don't mess with McDuck 3.jpg
106KB, 560x400px
>>52966402
Scrooge McDuck
>>
>>52966421

People actually started playing it and noticed the campaign is legitimately good. The things people despise are the subsystems and the fact Ameiko's a former PC.
>>
>>52966491
It allows you to fully embrace the fun and gonzo bits of Golarion's setting, you have many nice weird ayy lmao waifu choices, you get to create a new God, and the bosses are kinda cool and can be easily mixed with MGR music
>>
>>52966421
Did we do a 180? I thought we just had Rise of the Jade Reagent or whatever dumb name people use for it, and we thought that was going well.

>>52966435
Is it really magical realm just to have two dudes in your campaign? I mean, it's not like putting a piss forest in the Stolen Lands or forcing the PCs into lewd stuff.

>>52966491
What is that thing and where is it from?

>>52966448
Well, I guess I was forgetting about the advanced talent list, now that I think about it more. It was for a pretty simple TWFing build, so I don't think there's much room to fuck up. You take the necessary feats, you flank, you do your thing.

When the NPC actually helped the party in a fight I actually kept forgetting Slayers can study as an immediate action after they sneak attack, but none of my players know anything about Slayers so they didn't call me out on it,
>>
>>52966544
>Is it really magical realm just to have two dudes in your campaign?
Do you really expect Wubu to not invoke her magical realm when we know exactly what it is
>>
>>52966491
Tech and mandatory adamantine weapons are shitty wbl bloat/sinks, but the AP is fun as fuck otherwise. That kid in book 1 is cute AF too, and giving her her dad back warmed my heart.
>>
File: tumblr_mgyy0vP7p81rdy3s5o1_500.jpg (121KB, 500x571px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgyy0vP7p81rdy3s5o1_500.jpg
121KB, 500x571px
>>52966491
Yo, you have any other cool art like that? Stuff with heavy armor with a Mediterranean flair to it?
>>
>>52966556

The two men are played by people I very much doubt would mind her magical realm.
>>
>>52966556
Kinda? She did say Blingmaker wasn't going to be a lewd game. Besides that's probably what she applied to Overlewd with a Betrothed avowed for.

>>52966576
What exactly constitutes "mediterranian flair"?
>>
>>52966579
It only now occurs to me that logs between probably the two most successful husbandocrafters could come to exist here.
>>
>>52966604
>you will never see logs between the best husbando and waifu crafters.

why live?
>>
>>52966591
Bronze color/material, helmet crests, hoplite/centurian asthetic, possibly sandals, shields.

Basically, anything that looks like its being used by some flavor of greco/roman/persian/iberian warrior or soldier
>>
>>52966318
Protag comes across pretty normie, but they havent been here long so who knows.
>>
File: Pluto.gif (331KB, 200x246px) Image search: [Google]
Pluto.gif
331KB, 200x246px
>>52966544

Dragon Blaze, its a mobage.

>>52966576

They have a bunch of these in the game. You unlock them and your hero pilots them to kill dragons, titans, demon gods, etc.
>>
>>52966218
If good girls want to be good for daddy, are they the logical result of /pfg/s daddy-meta?

>>52966566
You know I thought adamantine was going to be a pointless waste of money for my weapon, but it's actually pretty cool and you'd be surprised how often the ability to cut through a section of a stone wall can come up.
>>
>>52966626
What game is this?
>>
File: Epsilon_raw.png (801KB, 766x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Epsilon_raw.png
801KB, 766x1005px
>>52966646

Dragon Blaze.
>>
>>52966646
>Dragon Blaze, its a mobage.
Are you dumb?
>>
File: 1391496294435.jpg (55KB, 603x450px) Image search: [Google]
1391496294435.jpg
55KB, 603x450px
>>52966351
It's actually my magical realm too so I'll do it if you do.

>>52966591
>>52966618
The mediterranian is full of water.

>>52966646
It's literally in the post, anon.
>>
>>52966711
LOGS
>>
What's your preferred level of contact with pick-up groups where you don't already know a member going on?
>>
File: 1420064309122.jpg (54KB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
1420064309122.jpg
54KB, 360x640px
Why would you ever take a barbarian archetype other than Invulnerable Rager? And no, Totem Warrior doesn't count as an archetype.
>>
>>52966792
The new Beastkin is a pretty nice upgrade for Natural Attack barbarians.

>Early pounce without needing a totem
>Bigger Str bonuses
>Faster speed
>Native size increases
>>
>>52966792
Urban, so I can make an Eldritch Knight, or just get a dip for my gish class
>>
>>52966826

Doesn't it stack with Invulnerable Rager, though? I thought I heard that somewhere.
>>
>>52966792
I sometimes go Mad Dog if I want an equally angry pet
>>
>>52966826
I don't see it on the PFSRD yet. What does it trade out?

>>52966838
Yeah, I can consider an Urban Rager for some situations. Only to get around Rage's limitations though, the archetype is otherwise inferior.
>>
>>52966788

What do you mean?
>>
>>52966792
The best Barbarian archetype is Bloodrager.
>>
>>52966841
It does, but you never said we couldn't do that.
I want to play one of those fucks so much

>>52966865
It loses fast movement and three Rage Powers. In exchange, you get to activate Beast Shape for a specific number of animals that you select at 1st, 5th, and every five levels after. At 8th level it acts as Beast Shape II, meaning you can have pounce. This lasts for the duration of your Rage, and the bonuses stack with rage bonuses.

It is a better archetype than the previous shapeshifter Barbarian in all ways.
>>
>>52966886
How much do you actually like interacting with your group. One extreme being that you only talk to them during sessions and avoid knowing then at all otherwise, the other being a constant erp Discord channel with occasional personal counselling.
>>
>tfw applied to overlewd
>never done ERP before
It's just pic related, right?
>>
>>52966435
It's already clean and up on 7. Show some initiative and go get it yourself instead of sitting around with your thumbs up your ass, begging.
>>
>>52966968
I'm the same.

Maybe we'll be together and take each other's ERP virginity?
>>
>>52966978
>up on 7
7chan or something
I'm not begging for it though, you quoted the wrong person
>>
>>52966218
She can't be a good girl, she's a shameless slut. She can be a good pump and dump, but that's not waifu material.

>>52966928
Holy shit, and it stacks with Invulnerable? Damn, I know what I want to play next.

On the subject of Beast Shape and polymorph spells in general, I wish there was more incentive to use a wider variety of forms.

>>52966788
>>52966933
I want to be friends with the people I play with. Actually, I want to play with friends.
>>
>>52966968
Quite a few overlewd apps don't really seem to have been written by someone really prepared for erp. Like, even Romulus and character's like him have the whole "too pure" thing going for them, which can be considered preparing for lewds, but then you have people like Allanz, Lucius, Jaune and so on so forth who don't really have any content to them that seems to remember the third syllable of the campaign name.

I'm not sure which way Kent is. I'm suspicious of trap/reverse trap or an attempt to continue with devil breeding shenanigans, but the text doesn't really hint at this directly.

and yes, I'm counting having a big-tittied anime picture as preparing for lewds even if the writing itself doesn't.
>>
File: iu-13.jpg (75KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
iu-13.jpg
75KB, 800x800px
Can a Sword-cane be allowed on a pathfinder campaign ?
>>
>>52967118
it literally already exists please fucking at least look at the SRD you useless minge.
>>
>>52967009
I plan to crop the archetype out of the leaked images, but no promises. Someone might share the pages it's on, though.
>>
>>52967118
>>52967142
>>
>>52967009

>He doesn't think you can marry shameless sluts

If you can't keep them from cheating than I guess you're not giving her what she needs.
>>
>>52966361
>Dragongirl /fit/ oneesan
Good taste

>Hell's Rebels
Honestly, it needs a complete rewrite.

>Hell's Vengeance
Plot needs fixing, but isn't as ridiculous as HR
>>
>>52967118

Sword canes are a thing.
>>
New Thread
>>52967210
>>52967210
>>52967210
>>52967210
>>52967210
>>52967210
>>
>>52967189

What would you change about the plot to Hell's Vengeance?
>>
>>52967117
>60% of the apps are either big-tittied monstergirls ready for dick, or ikemen knight virgin dudes.
>the other 40% is kasatha, memecats, shitposts and "literally who"s
>>
>>52966604
>>52966613

And Wubu gets them all to herself, her own private stock of man-meat to sandwich and savor!
>>
>>52967308
Wubu isn't the prime waifucrafter.
>>
>>52963262
>Seven Swords of Sin

I love this one! Using it as a component of my Kaer Maga-centered campaign, but I think it's really cool.
>>
>>52967186
It's not about whether they'll cheat or not, it's about not waifuing a slut. But whatever, who am I to tell another man what kind of girl is fit to waifu? All you nerds fighting over the slut means less competition for the pure waifu.

>>52967237
What qualifies as "literally who"? Anybody not covered by the other categories?

Also, what does ikemen mean?
>>
>>52967333
Not him but it's the weeb term for a handsome man.
>>
File: C-RKiRLXsAEe9Zw.jpg (236KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C-RKiRLXsAEe9Zw.jpg
236KB, 1200x1200px
Reminder that there's still a game recruiting.

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75987/the-feast-and-the-furious
>>
>>52967312

Exactly! She didn't need to be the prime crafter for the prime beef!
>>
>>52967396
t. alex
>>
>>52967333
Ikemen is like a jap term for "a good looking dude". Different from bishounen, which has a lot more boyishness

And yeah, I'd say anyone that isn't in a previous category is a "literally who". Good luck getting in with all the meme options around you.
>>
>>52967411
No, a Bishonen is a Beautiful Man, and can actually be an ikemen at the same time. Generally though an Ikemen is more about being a manly man, while a Bishonen is a prettyboy.
>>
>>52967425
>shounen
>man
nice try, bishounen is the top mid, ikemen is the top left.
>>
>>52966968
>illegal in the UK
You got me.
>>
File: ikemen.jpg (126KB, 850x1103px) Image search: [Google]
ikemen.jpg
126KB, 850x1103px
>>52967425
>Ikemen is more about being a manly man
No
>>
>>52967333
>All you nerds fighting over the slut
Maybe Wubu doesn't top out at threesomes. Maybe we don't have to fight over her at all. Should I just ask?

>>52967411
Good luck to anybody trying to get in, really. With so many apps, even the memes have competition.

>>52967425
So Ikemen just a catchall for an attractive man, then? If a Bishounen can be an Ikemen, can a Bara be one too? Is it a matter of taste?
>>
>>52967425
A Bishonen is a beautiful BOY, while an ikemen is a beautiful man.
>>
>>52967489

Stop beating around the bush and decide to message her!
>>
>>52967333

Sluts know all the tricks, and are generally desirable as both people and partners enough to mean they won't be boring outside the bedroom.
>>
Ikemen? more like iku men
>>
File: 1391875914692.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1391875914692.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>52967515
But if I do, the whole thread will make fun of me!
>>
>>52967665

THEN STOP MOANING ABOUT HOW YOU WANT TO PM THEM.
>>
File: High Impact Consesual Cuddling.jpg (43KB, 418x529px) Image search: [Google]
High Impact Consesual Cuddling.jpg
43KB, 418x529px
>>52967665
Just know what you're giving up, nerd.
>>
>>52967665
Look anon if Wubu leaks you PMing her then I promise I'll make fun of her first for being an untrustworthy jerk okay?
>>
"All women are thots"

t. Jesus Christ
>>
>>52967665
I promise I won't make fun of you, Anon! You're the metaphorical canary in the mine, checking to see if it's safe for the rest of us! That's a very important job.
Thread posts: 381
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.