[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I want my next character to be a princess in disguise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

I think I want my next character to be a princess in disguise going on adventures, /tg/. She won't necessarily hide that she's a princess from the fellow party members, but I basically want to play into the old standby of "bored of palace life, wants to go adventure rather than be married off".

It's a pretty common fantasy trope, but one that I don't imagine comes up very often in roleplaying games

Have you ever played a princess like this, /tg/? Or have you ever encountered players who have? How did it turn out?
>>
>>52952261
I played one once, and can't say it turned out all that well because I was constantly tempted to go back and ask daddy to solve all the problems I myself couldn't - and occasionally he did.

Pretty sure I gave the DM hard time to keep the balance even remotely intact.
>>
>>52952261
If you're going to do that, the best thing to do is have a mage hook the princess up with some serious, yet functional, outdoor plumbing. The bulge will lower suspicions, and the ability to pee standing up is useful on the move.
>>
Anyone got that greentext of the man disguised as a princess disguised as a man?
>>
>>52953840
I'm going to admit that the mechanics of how my characters go to the bathroom is not typically something I consider.
>>
>>52953840
But PCs don't urinate?
>>
File: 1400558484271.jpg (795KB, 1093x1363px) Image search: [Google]
1400558484271.jpg
795KB, 1093x1363px
>>52953931
God, somewhere. It's gonna take forever to find, though. Hang on...

Here we go.
>>
>>52953947
Sure they do. But only when the GM is giving out roleplaying xp.
>>
>>52952261
Encountered a player who did it, it was fun and unobtrusive for the most part.

But for whatever reason they turned from 'helpful adventurer' to 'insane murderbitch' when it came to the castle guards or any sort of authority figure associated with her realm, to the point where she had to be unofficially disowned because they were pulling murderhobo shit that wouldn't fly even if she was an Evil Princess of Evilandia

The player is a good roleplayer and was usually a fairly normal brand of Chaotic Good so this behavior surprised me, to say the least, but it hasn't killed the campaign or alienated the other players(yet), it just made things weird
>>
>>52952261
Works well if you're a girl yourself because you will get right the mannerism of a woman pretending to be a dude. If you're a dude it will be cringey and/or playing a dude who claims to really be a princess. So please avoid it unless it's forum roleplaying.

Because I take it for granted that you're going with the theme of the tomboy princess pretending to be a young guy. If you play cliches you play them well.
>>
>>52953947
>not urinating on the corpse of your enemies
>>
>>52953960
You beautiful man, you
>>
>>52954016
>if you're a girl yourself because you will get right the mannerism of a woman pretending to be a dude
So getting it all completely wrong and outing yourself?
>If you're a dude it will be cringey
If you are pretending to be a guy, why would it be cringey? I swear this mindset didn't really crop up until early 2000s. Back in my day, no one bitched or pointed fingers if you wanted to play a female pc, it's just a pc.
>>
File: 1357539992396.png (319KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1357539992396.png
319KB, 700x700px
>>52952326
>can't say it turned out all that well because I was constantly tempted to go back and ask daddy to solve all the problems I myself couldn't
When I played a disguised princess in my last 5e game, I didn't really have that luxury since she killed her father for being a tyrannical fucktard and ran off.
>>
>>52953972
maybe there is an IC reason for it.
>>
>>52953972
Have you asked her why, in character?
>>
Most autistic player I've ever encountered played a vigilante similar to this. Fucker even rolled the dice into his hand to hide and then fudge the roll just so it didn't mess with the fetishised narrative he wanted for the character
>>
>>52956732
>rolled the dice into his hand to hide and then fudge the roll
This is the actual problem, anon.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.