[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hoe do you decide what's in your dragon's hoard? Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

Hoe do you decide what's in your dragon's hoard? Is it enough for it to sleep on? Is it unrefined precious metals and gems or mostly coins and art?
>>
>>52949487
I usually roll from the treasure table.
>>
File: Copper_Dragon_by_BenWootten.jpg (74KB, 742x579px) Image search: [Google]
Copper_Dragon_by_BenWootten.jpg
74KB, 742x579px
>>52949487
For my most recent dragon it was gold coins and dead bodies.
If you check the bodies you'll see that thier eyes have been replaced with gems.
>>
>>52949548
Did the dragon take the time to meticulously do that to every corpse?
>>
If there's enough to sleep on it'll be enough to a truly outrageously vast treasure. In copper coins.

You can't have more than one of those in a single campaign.
>>
File: brutal.png (136KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
brutal.png
136KB, 325x325px
>>52949548
>>
>>52949743
>He doesn't have players find a huge hoard then bleed them dry with a keep or castle

Step up your game senpai
>>
>>52950044
I mean it doesn't really make much sense in-universe. All gold in our real world could be fit into a swimming pool. It's pretty ridiculous to imagine a single dragon sleeping on a pile so much greater than that, let alone more than one.
>>
File: 1493253239645.jpg (8KB, 144x167px) Image search: [Google]
1493253239645.jpg
8KB, 144x167px
>>52950067
You're forgetting that wizards don't care and not all settings are based on real world amounts of precious metals.
>>
>>52949487
I play barbs, so I measure it in chestloads of gold, and considering that the party can only carry 3 thats all that matters.
>>
File: _66662411_wimbledon_gold_624.jpg (18KB, 375x210px) Image search: [Google]
_66662411_wimbledon_gold_624.jpg
18KB, 375x210px
>>52950067
I don't know what kind of swimming pools you're hanging around...
>>
>>52950067

Gold is usually more common in fantasy settings than in RL specifically because one of the first things magic users want to do is turn something worthless into gold. Eventually, inflation kicks in and now gold is worth as much as copper.
>>
>>52951500
Which is a real shame, really: gold is shiny, clinky, and finding it makes for a great motivation, and making it dirt-common takes all that away.

Looking for "Platinum, platinum, PLATINUM" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
>>
>>52949487
One, you should be using silver as the coinage standard for your games

Two, you should have your dragon hoards involve everything from copper coins, brass coins, silver, electrum, gold, platinum, and gems or all sorts. Lots of semi precious stones can really fill in the gaps.

Besides just coins and gems, have things made out of metal. Like silverware, candlesticks, jewelry, mirrors, etc.

Furthermore, arms and armor and other equipment from previous demihumans, humanoids, and other sentient monsters can round off the hoard. Tons of iron and steel stuff.

Lastly, toss in a magical item or two like a wand or an orb or something.

What else do you need?
>>
>>52949487
depends on the dragon
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.