[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cyoag/ - CYOA General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 423
Thread images: 87

File: Shadow cyoa.png (7MB, 4712x4008px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow cyoa.png
7MB, 4712x4008px
Previous thread: >>52931329
Archives and other resources: http://pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
>>
File: Ship 1.04.jpg (3MB, 1200x9300px) Image search: [Google]
Ship 1.04.jpg
3MB, 1200x9300px
>>
File: Ship dlc.jpg (4MB, 1200x9300px) Image search: [Google]
Ship dlc.jpg
4MB, 1200x9300px
>>52939475
>>
File: 1479996682931.jpg (8MB, 1800x4077px) Image search: [Google]
1479996682931.jpg
8MB, 1800x4077px
Nice and simple
>>
Dear CYOA authors:
Which of your CYOAs are you most proud of?
>>
>>
File: smug wendy.jpg (206KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
smug wendy.jpg
206KB, 1200x1200px
Fast food waifu CYOA when?
>>
>>52939663
>>
File: 1491684479640.jpg (42KB, 250x467px) Image search: [Google]
1491684479640.jpg
42KB, 250x467px
>>52939663
>200 pages
This is practically the size of a normal RPG rule book
>>
File: 1483558249213.jpg (102KB, 861x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1483558249213.jpg
102KB, 861x1199px
>>52939682
>>
>>52939682
Soonᵀᴹ
>>
File: Traveller Character Template 3.png (55KB, 1280x700px) Image search: [Google]
Traveller Character Template 3.png
55KB, 1280x700px
>>52939683

>>52939704
There's also a 44 page image version. It's a older version however.
>>
>>52939268
Faction: Arcanists
Enemies: The Lich, The Sleeping
Allies: Eldritch Tutor
Items: Armor of the Alien, Living Spellbook

Maximum wizard mode. Hopefully I'll get strong enough to deal with my two enemies before they decide to take me seriously/wake up, respectively.
>>
File: that post gave me CLAMPaids.jpg (63KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
that post gave me CLAMPaids.jpg
63KB, 960x720px
>>52939595
All of the ones that weren't successful.
>>
File: Endless CYOA Page 7 WIP.jpg (4MB, 1240x4200px) Image search: [Google]
Endless CYOA Page 7 WIP.jpg
4MB, 1240x4200px
Hey guys, remember when I said I wouldn't really be posting any more WIPs? I was wrong.
This time, looking for input on the format. The rewards for mundane and system missions would go in the free space right next to the titles of them.

Also, while the rewards for pursuing different reward paths of the galactic missions aren't really meant to be completely balanced against eachother, I want them to be balanced well enough and - more importantly - interesting enough to have each be worth taking on some build.

Ignore the Raia bit on the bottom, it's nowhere near finished being written.
>>
File: Mage1.png (867KB, 800x986px) Image search: [Google]
Mage1.png
867KB, 800x986px
>>52939663
>>52939683
>Origin & Background
The Now Watcher
>Skills, Perks & Traits
Low Tech Understanding, Common Ethereal Manipulation, Basic Ethereal Manipulation, Advanced Ethereal Manipulation, Master Ethereal Manipulation, Noble Bearing, Silver Tongue, Sage, Lucky, Educated, Teacher, Architect, Organizer, Memory, Alchemist, Runemaster, Field Leader: Evocation, Field Leader: Conjuration, Field Leader: Transmutation, Split Action, Immersed in the Ethereal
>Initial Equipment Requisition
>Clothing
Traveler leathers, MagisterTM Tier Robes, Imprinted Runic Inscriptions
>Weapons
Yuta Brace, Elder Staff
>General Items
Pegs, Basic Survival Kit, Basic Bag, ID Card, Magical Protection Vestments, Multiversal Timekeeper, Mathery Travelers Encyclopedia Vol 1-8324, Ring of Dispel, Aenathari Peach, Stasis Guard, Alchemy Set, Runist Kit, MagiblocTM Coinage, Spirit Bonding Charms, Toshamark Standard Computer, Warding Spirit, Spirit Walk Components, Self Operating Cooking Gear, Cohort Setup Package, Shrine Setup Package, Healing-Chip
>Little Things...
Forever Alone x4, I don't need no Governa's dalla! x10, Destined for Greater Things, Minor, Adherent: Magic + Power + Knowledge + Wisdom + Happiness, Accursed by Cena, Ae Child
>Factions, Departments & Others
Ethereal
>The Covenants
The Archmage Tower
>Allies
Angus 'Love-lich', 164, Architect, Renowned Architect [ж] + Mercia, 570, Ethereal, 'the greenblooded', Wise Lich Magus [ж] (Pair) (Designated Guardians)
>Home District
The Summoning Grounds
>Hubworlds
Home Lander
>PANIC BUTTONS
The God
>Path to Walk
Worries in the Daylight
>>
>>52939820
Archmage Dandelion, 89, Ethereal, Field Leader []
>You find Dandelion just outside, giving a group of fledglings a basic rundown on magic, illustrating his lecture with detailed and entertaining illusions. He notices your attention immediately and asks if you would like to join.
+ Recruited from a very young age out of a technically average timeline with no ethereal presence, he was raised by Angus and Mercia and is still very close with them. In his childhood he gained a love and drive for magic, especially the arts of Evocation, Conjuration and Transmutation, areas in which he is now accepted as Field Leader.
+ The youngest mage to ever become a member of The Council of the Awoken Spirit and founder of the Convent known as The Archmage Tower. He can pull serious political clout when necessary.
+ If pushed he is powerful enough to crack a medium sized moon like an egg, and he's still getting stronger.
+ If you are interested in the Ethereal he will make time to privately tutor you if you wish, something plenty of upcoming mages would kill for.
-/+ 'Kill for' can be literal. Between his work and position in the Ethereal Department and his influence through The Archmage Tower he has unknowingly created a small cult of personality. His most devoted may or may not like you much depending on your relationship.
>>
>>52939839
*Female Romanceable

+/- Extremely physically weak, but is fully aware of this and in a fight acts accordingly. Has actually mastered a variety of physical strengthening techniques, but prefers to use them for the sake of utility.
-/+ Semi notorious fetish for ethereal entities. This is about to bite him on the ass in a very major way. If you help out he'll owe you for life, doubly so if you have any Parental Instinct.
- Between his work and studies he isn't likely to see you often and rarely travels off world, but he will come for an emergency. He won't get along with any companions you have that actively dislike magic, he wont be aggressive about it but he will ignore them and dismiss their opinions.
+/- In the recent political instability he has been trying to keep things stable and calm down tensions. Personally, the way he sees it is the people taking advantage of the strife to further their goals are in violation of the first law and any action that needs to be taken in order to prevent a Time War is justified. He has been keeping very close tabs on extremist members of the Inheritors for this reason.
>"The nebulous depression many seem to feel when they finally understand the nature of the multiverse never ceases to baffle me. Alternate versions of me who inhabit other dimensions do not matter. Our life is as we make it my friend, let us make a masterpiece to behold."
>>
File: MageTower1.jpg (631KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
MageTower1.jpg
631KB, 1200x848px
>>52939856
>The Archmage Tower
As the Dakka Conventional Church is to firearms is the Archmage Tower is to the Ethereal, a recent Convent that has made its way to prominence in the Traveler cultural landscape. The tower is located in a pocket dimension on Ae's Ethereal plane and as such is extremely easy to get to it from almost anywhere provided you have an invitation. The Archmage Tower was created by Archmage Dandelion, a young member of the Council of the Awoken Spirit, in response to what he felt was a mild stagnation in the Ethereal Department caused by the normalization of magical phenomena and limited recruitment methods. Instead of wasting effort and making enemies in an attempt to rework the Ethereal Department he decided to make a Convent to project his ideals, which has been remarkably successful, recruiting members from all across the Factions, Departments and Independents.
>Requirement: A passionate love for the Ethereal arts.
>Free Trait: Immersed in the Ethereal - Your passion causes you to gain great instincts when it comes to dealing with the Ethereal. Your spells do not falter and you are skilled in your handling of spirits.
>Free Favor: As a member you will be privy to some of the more deep and esoteric Ethereal arts, and you may receive either tutoring in the Ethereal arts or a platform to teach others and develop your abilities if you wish.
>>
>>52939595
Survival Island was the first one I ever wrote and remains my favorite. I I often return to the word document and add more to the original in terms of companions artifacts nemeses and cryptids, at this point I'm considering reworking it and making it from scratch one of these days with my new experience in working Gimp.
>>
>>52939581
Island: Fog and Mist
Body Augments:
Minor Shapeshifting (33), Major Shapeshifting (27), Astral Projection (24), Age (21), Immortality (15), Void Walker (9), Superior Intelligence (6), Perfect and Infinite Memory (3), No Need for Food or Water (0)

Why be stuck on a tiny island when I have all the Multiverse to play with?
>>
>>52939268
Faction: Arcanists

Enemies: The lich and The faceless man

Ally: Eldritch tudor

Artifacts: living spellbook and paraslayer

>>
>>52939595
KAIFU

It was only my second cyoa ever, and I'm still certain I've put more work into than any of my other cyoas
>>
>>52939581
>island
fog and mist
>body augments
gender [1]
age 12 [2]
minor shifting [5]
major shifting [11]
physical agility [14]
physical dexterity [17]
life [20]
immortality [26]
supernatural astral projection [29]
void walker [35]
>island augments
home (i guess it was small so now its moderate) [36]

I'll live a long time, be able to bring people to my island, but not leave except for 7 days a years. I assume I do not have to use all 7 days at once. I'll use my physical projection to see the universe and explore, while saving my 7 days to actually bring people or things back to my island since I get the feeling there's no portal involved with the projection.

My life won't be as luxurious as the Floating Gardens, and I won't have the house size of a Drifter, or the Island size of Expansion, but I will have nice peaceful home, on a beautiful and peaceful world. A place I could potentially raise a family unmolested by the horrors of the multiverse beyond. Since we have an islander net I'm assuming we can play video games together, so we won't be completely alone and it only seems I'm banned from other islands, we could in theory bring another islander over to visit.
>>
>>52939797
>Posted in the middle of a giant build
>>
File: sophon youth.jpg (487KB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
sophon youth.jpg
487KB, 1920x1036px
>>52940012
the anon who is making a traveler build posted just after me, not around me

if you're referring to the genie waifu cyoa, there's no getting around that beyond waiting like a day and at that point i might as well not post a wip
>>
Test.
>>
File: fujoshi SMASH.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fujoshi SMASH.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
YOU KNOW WHY I'M HERE
>>
>>52939682
Usual answer, when you make it bitch.
>>
Rest in Peace Thralland
>>
>>52936834
>>52936879
>>52936939
>>52936977
Become the Genie CYOA when?
>>
>>52940357
I just want a genie CYOA that doesn't sneak killing me into it.
>>
File: depression.png (1MB, 1200x1176px) Image search: [Google]
depression.png
1MB, 1200x1176px
>>52939595
>>
>>52940368
Then don't take the drawback that implies you get killed.
>>
>>52940374
Too close to home.
>>
>>52939663
>>52939683
>>52939759

Threadly Reminder that Highlander is still taking builds (50ish more) for the 2.0.
>>
File: cyoa1-mod - Copy.png (8MB, 1280x6314px) Image search: [Google]
cyoa1-mod - Copy.png
8MB, 1280x6314px
Reposting this, with what I think are most of the criticisms addressed. It got kind of hard to keep track of them all. I'll probably make a proper version 2 sometime when I can get the file compression to act nicely.

(1/4)
>>
>>52940691
>take marid
>wish for omnipotence
>>
>>52940012
Well fuck that build.
>>
>>52940422
It's innate to the CYOA, that drawback just speeds it up.
>>
>>52939773
Yeah, but what were those?
>>
>>52940691
Changelog?
>>
>>52940781
>There is some freaky shit going on
T-the genie wants to kill me!
>>
File: cyoa2mod - Copy.png (8MB, 1280x6432px) Image search: [Google]
cyoa2mod - Copy.png
8MB, 1280x6432px
>>52940691
(2/4)
>>
>>52940781
>>52939263
>Do you want the enemy to be unstoppable? Because the implication is only that hard with Broken Facade.

Please stop.
>>
File: cyoa3-mod - Copy.png (7MB, 1279x5899px) Image search: [Google]
cyoa3-mod - Copy.png
7MB, 1279x5899px
>>52940805
(3/4)

>>52940794
I'm unsure at this point. I was kind of scrambling to keep up with it all.
>>
>>52940852
>I'm unsure at this point. I was kind of scrambling to keep up with it all.
Please give us a summary of what you remember.
>>
>>52940691
>Now the peri only requires old friend for free
That is much better! thanks
>>
>>52940691
Do you still get the bonus points from pitfalls that you are required to take? For example, Ifrit requires that you must take Mischievous Mind. Do you still get +1 point for that?
>>
File: cyoa4-mod - Copy.png (5MB, 1280x4534px) Image search: [Google]
cyoa4-mod - Copy.png
5MB, 1280x4534px
>>52940852
(4/4)

Honestly, I'm not married to the ending speech by the Little Sister, since I think it removes a little to much ambiguity, but hopefully it is clear that the real problem is option that borderline tells you not to pick it, and otherwise you just have freaky shit in your life and something rotten in the state of Denmark up in Heaven.
>>
>>52939969
That is one of the best CYOAs I've seen, by the way. Great waifus, solid combination of real use and personality, and fun 'extras' like mechs.
>>
>>52939797
The sections could use something that divides them more clearly. A simple horizontal line or something.

Also, see that place wgere the overview of Hekim ends and mission description starts? Yeah, text over black part of the planet and txt over brownish underlay makes this look really wrong. It really clashes. I don't know if removing the underlay, a different image or a text layout, or something to separate these two parts would help more. This is a particular case, but I get a feeling this would come up more often in full version.

Also, increase spacing between the image for the galactic mission and the text.
>>
>>52940786
I am nothing but a ghost, my friend. Let me drift away.
>>
>>52940912
Can you post the original image for companionship?

I need it for reasons.
>>
>>52940691
Ifrit I guess. I'll uh, modify her "personality" later.
Voluntary. I would take weird science but it's a bad mix with Ifrit.
Excited. (Lets be honest, she chose to be a genie. For reasons.)

Body: Lithe. I do love fit petite girls.

Accessories: Collar and Leash, Heart Pupils. Like someone who became a genie for "reasons" didn't get heart pupils.

Outfit: Modern, Lovely Assistant. It's not like we cant just buy more dresses for her anyways so lets just give her the things she'd wear most often.

Mundane Skills: Courtesan, Entertainer. Ok I'll be honest. I love showing off and bragging about my pets.

Going to skip to pitfalls for points first [15]
Mischievous Mind - required
Memory Problems - This will be fun with my modifications later and her excited. This is just temporary right? [16]
Easily Trapped [18] Hell I might event trap her in different things myself for fun.
Small Business Owner [20]

Vessel:
Magic medium should be added on to another choice. doesnt describe the vessel otherwise.
Going to take Gemstone for less recharge time.

Cramped but cozy. She's going to be spending very minimal time in there anyways except to sleep. [20]

Domestic Goddess [8] 100 mile radius is pretty huge. With gemstone, it's basically 7 and a bit hours a day. Not too bad. She can spend it reading or lazing about. Doesnt even have to be all at once.

Perks:
Lust Potion (free) [8]
Love Potion [7]
Magical Realm [6] Well. I guess she's submissive now. And into a bit of humiliation. And being a pet. And being teased & shown off in public.
No Misunderstandings [5] Because, duh?
Guardian Spirit (Free)
Minor Psychic link [4] So she can read the mood better.
Minor Shapeshift [1] To spice things up a little every now and then.

Extra point so Endless Inlaws [2] I hope she can keep a straight face about her ah... magical realm in front of genies she knows. I know I wont stop.
Cursebane [0] Goes well with guardian to cover most of the bases.

Goals: All the things
>>
>>52940965
No. I'm curious what those were, maybe I liked them.
>>
>>52940012
That happens all the time, anon. I posted a Traveler build when either Fulcrum or Eternal's Rising was being posted before.
>>
>>52936834
Peri seem top-tier.
Criminal Record is already picked for me.
Happy to Be Here is the best choice.

>>52936879
Cute!
Barefoot and headlights. The body is the important part of the body.
Modern clothes will be very useful at times. Modest clothes for when that's advisable.
Scheherazade is something useful that I can't necessarily match. Businesswoman would supplement my own skills well.

Ring is the best because you can't lose it without losing a finger.
Cramped but Cozy I guess.
Patron Haint is pre-chosen by Peri.
Love Portion comes free with her personality.
Foresight is super useful.
Guardian Spirit too.
And lacking misunderstandings is necessary as a basic practical thing.
>Broken Facade
FUCK NO

Gold digger doesn't seem too terrible since I like that too, but I don't need it so I'll stay laid back.

Old Friend is mandatory.
Companionship, I guess.
>>
>>52940902
You never got that. The Big Sister explaining how Perks and Pitfalls worked told you that if you got either for free or being forced into it by another choice, you don't get the free points.

>>52940897
No problem.

>>52940881
Opacity of opening speech textbox increased.
Some typos fixed
Peri rebalanced.
Abilities of Patron Haint clarified.
/u/ option, Be the Genie option.
Minor Perk rebalancing.
Ending speech by Little Sister clarifying the relationship between Broken Facade and the other mysterious shit happening to you.

>>52940971
Let me see if I can find it. Hold on.
>>
File: 1458977838706.png (382KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1458977838706.png
382KB, 512x512px
>>52940691
Which powerlevel do I need to be transfered into the body of a little girl and/or made immortal? This is important.
>>
yo is Bliss around? He was here earlier and I have a question.
>>
>>52940980
I made Touhou cyoa and NEET dragon recently. That's all I'm willing to say.
>>
>>52941001
Patron Haint of 4chan
>>
>>52940912
How the fuck am I supposed to stop all of heaven, again?
>>
>>52941038
Why would you be fighting all of heaven?
>>
>>52940912
If the 'positives' we receive are ultimately balanced out by all the misery and strife we'll experience like this CYOA says, aren't we better off just ignoring the bottle? It's guaranteed to make our lives worse.
>>
>>52941045
Because they've apparently got it out for the player, according to the maker.
>>
>>52940357
That's just a basement cyoa with infinity tacked on.
>>
>>52940979
100 mile radius basically cuts california in half. Reaches from side to side. Pretty decent being able to move that circle once a year. Probably going to start by wishing for some sort of immortality/eternal youth. Then clairvoyance in the territory. Then teaching her how her queening and dominant attitude is silly and then reminding her exactly why she became a genie.

Going to try to make some general changes for the better that will persist after moving the circle. Healthier more open minded people, Less aggressive, maybe wish into being some sort of magical air/water filter within the territory. Increase how lewd everyone is on the inside. You know. General good for the world changes. Move the circle slowly and bring change to all the important places.
>>
>>52940691
>Species
Marid
>History
Voluntary
>Attitude
Happy to Be Here
>Body
Cute
>Accessories
Heart Pupils
Devil Horns
>Additional Outfits
Modern
Chinese Dress
>Mundane Skills
Housewife
Businesswoman
Scheherazade
>Vessel Exterior
Gourd
>Vessel Interior
Pocket Dimension
>Powerlevel
Phenomenal Cosmic Power
>Perks
Love Potion
No Misunderstandings
Cursebane
>Pitfalls
Pure of Heart
Three Wish Limit
>Interlopers
N/A
>Life Goal
Power
>>
>>52941082
>Ignoring the bottle
>Instead of having one (or two) genie waifus with the low low price of dealing with some weird shit wants to ignore it

Sorry but no
>>
>>52940374
Your truest work yet.
>>
>>52941027
Well fuck you then. If you really want honest praise you either just give a straight answer without having others pry it out of you or don't start things in the first place.

By the way, those two were crap.
>>
>>52941108
>Some weird shit
The second to last paragraph states outright that it's a balance. The positives you get from the genies will be countered by setbacks and misery in your relationship with them and your life. So again, it's a net negative or a net 50/50, meaning you're actually worse off than if you didn't take the bottles.
>>
>>52941115
I never wanted your praise. I was content to make my shitposts and leave; you were the one who dug.
>>
File: Hallowed-Stars-WIP.jpg (434KB, 1200x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Hallowed-Stars-WIP.jpg
434KB, 1200x1048px
I want to gauge whether or not this idea is interesting before I invest too much time into it.
The basic idea is that humanity accidentally opened a portal to Hell to end a war. And instead of doing the logical thing and never touching the tech again, they used it to make Powerplants and eventually FTL drives.
Choices should include skills learned at the academy, crew members, and missions. Alien species may or may not get included.
>>
>>52940912
Oh hey, I just noticed that this CYOA erases your memories and kills you.
>>
>>52941146
You really like wish fullfillment cyoas don't you?
>>
>>52941153
So, the plot of Doom?

Looks interesting, though. Your text seems a little smushed.
>>
>>52941153
Isn't that basically the new Doom?
>>
>>52940691
I would like to point out that the Houri are the worst. Magical Ream + free lust potion is something you specifically, and rightly, warn against. It also makes the lewd potential of the shapeshifting sort of worthless or double edged at least.

Otherwise, I really like this. Good cyoa.

Currently going Ifrit myself.
>>
>>52941174
I don't like CYOAs that somehow make my life more miserable than it would be without them.
>>
>>52940971
SFW version
http://pinkladymage.deviantart.com/art/Star-Guardian-Janna-646326975
NSFW version
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/PinkLadyMage/497102/Star-Guardian-Janna-uncensored

>>52941001
Easiest way is taking the two added perks on page 3. But >>52941032 made me laugh, so that is also an official answer.

>>52941038
Is that what you want your challenge to be?

>>52941089
Nope. Heaven is going to make things difficult for the Little Sister if they figure out whatever her "mistake" was. But otherwise Heaven is a giant machine of red tape, a literal celestial bureaucracy, that doesn't care about you unless you start making big trouble with a Phenomenal Cosmic Power, or Broken Facade.

>>52941082
You won't be alone this time. And if you find a 100 dollar bill and keep it, you now have to deal with the stress of knowing you could be robbed, Anything good carries some bad with it. That's life.

>>52941160
What is it this time? I'm assuming you're referring to the two added perks. In which case, no, it doesn't. You can ask for one specific decision you made to be erased, and only if you want that, and only a very specific kind of person wants that.
>>
>>52941186
>>52941192
I will admit I have never actually played Doom. Any similarities are entirely coincidental.
>>
>>52941174
If anon can't have a perfect waifu who is capable of granting him wishes without also some level of challenge than he must whine

>>52941214
Then don't play, just stop whining constantly
>>
>>52941214
Fag, I love CYOAs that introduce challenges like being stranded on an island or fighting on the front lines of a magical war.
>>
>>52941221
>You won't be alone this time.
So? Again, the CYOA explicitly says that your life will be grey AT BEST. The genie actively sabotages your life to make it more miserable than it would be without her because of cosmic fate bullshit. The best course of action is for you to leave the bottle alone. You make it clear that your life is going to suck because of it.
>>
>>52941244
Neither have I. Humanity tries to use Hell as a massive battery and it goes poorly. Still, it should be a good CYOA premise.
>>
>>52940995
Oh, and limit placed on Bonus Bottle transfer points to discourage "burner" genies.

>>52941213
It's not like it's her only fetish. It's just her favorite, and sometimes she'll get just disgustingly into it. If you take Magical Realm with it, most of the time you'll be doing something you both like. It's just that sometimes she does something she doesn't like for you, and vice versa. It's intended to be a give and take, just she loves giving and loves taking.

>>52941267
>The genie actively sabotages your life
This is literally never said nor implied.
>>
>>52940852
I really don't like the point balance of this CYOA. There are a lot of expensive options, but very few even minor point positives
>>
>>52941246
I'm saying this because I think the maker didn't think it through, senpai.

>>52941262
So you enjoy suffering?
>>
>>52941318
I missed the 15 points, works out better now. So much text to search, I was expecting anything related to starting points to be at the beginning.
>>
>>52940735
Oh, and you can only wish for that if you were able to convince her that you being omnipotent would be a net benefit to everyone. Pure of Heart ensures that.

>>52941318
>>52941352
Yeah, sorry about that. If you can believe it, these walls of texts are actually really cut down from what I originally had. I might put a reminder about the 15 free points in the beginning.
>>
>>52941313
>This is literally never said nor implied.
I don't mean SHE is, through her actions. I mean through her existence.

>Any hardships you encounter as a result of magic will be balanced by all the benefits you receive. So understand that, in your future, you will encounter setbacks and difficulties.

So when taking this into consideration, with the statement on balance, it means that any good that happens to you will be countered by equal misery. Your life is going to be 50/50 at best because of this, meaning it's going to be pretty shit.
>>
>>52940691
Do you have notes on other things that you were thinking of changing? I notice houri is still not worth picking due to Magical Ream and being forced to deal with her fetish that you hate.

World Atlas and Intoxicating Aroma seem a little overpriced for what they do. The pitfall Magical Ream could probably use a small point boost.

Still no perk I want to spend that 1pt I had on my last build on. Don't want to be a girl or a genie.

Still think the whole shapeshifting line is too expensive for what you get. Doesn't compare to a full on Deity's power.

Nothing's really changed in my last build with these current changes, though it's great to see 2 new perks!..even if I'd not buy them.
>>
>>52940691
>>52940805
>>52940852
>>52940912
>Species
Jeannie

>History
Voluntary
She wanted to be an immortal creature able to experience all the delights of life

>Attitude
Easily Flustered
But this is not exactly what she had in mind. Should have read the fine print.

>Body
Curvy

>Accessories
Tattoos

>Outfits
Modern

>Mundane Skills
Courtesan, Housewife
Not that she's always happy doing the latter

>Vessel Exterior
Perfume Bottle
Feminine my ass, I've got a fuckin genie

>Vessel Interior
Single Room (11)

>Power Level
Patron Haint (3)
Specialization: Comfy

>Perks
Love Potion (free)
Minor Shapeshift (free)
Lust Potion (2)
Magical Realm (1)
World Atlas (-2)
Minor Psychic Link (-3)

>Pitfalls
Short Circuit (free)
Mischievous Mind (-2)

>Interlopers
Small Business Owner (0)

>Life Goal
Novelty, side order of Companionship

Have a nice, laid back life with my genie. Travel some, relax, see the sights.
>>
>>52941385
I honestly can't tell if you're just a dedicated troll or you're legitimately this autistic and retarded.
>>
>>52941313
>It's not like it's her only fetish. It's just her favorite
The problem is that she won't be sexually satisfied, ever, leading to a miserable relationship.
>>
>>52941313
Nobody wants to date a woman that's disgusting to them like the Houri is.
>>
>>52941420
>Pointing out direct statements in the CYOA is somehow retarded.
I get that you don't like criticism, but don't act like this is your highschool experience where everyone is a bully.
>>
>>52941440
I'm not the author you dumbfuck
>>
>>52939969
I love that CYOA, not least of all because it references one of my favorite games of all time.
>>
>>52941385
Everything in life is a balance. Again, a 100 dollar bill falling out of the sky onto you is great, because you now have the advantage of being able to buy things. But you also run the risk of being robbed. It doesn't say there's a perfect balance between advantage and disadvantage, just that the influence of magic in your life is not going to be solely beneficial. But even Bewitched and IDOJ, which is like the grandmothers of all the series and so on that inspired this, is very clear on that point, and so is just about every piece of folklore that even mentions magic.

>>52941396
Lots of things. Honestly I'm a little attached to Houri with magical ream, because I think it's a little unfair to have someone who shares all your fetishes and has nothing of their own, especially when Psycho Childhood Friend makes it clear that Houri aren't the mindless creatures of hedonism/lust that the Little Sister (or maybe her manual) assumes they are. But on the other balancing things, I do agree with you.

>>52941421
>>52941428
Okay, I'll probably reword Magical Ream to make it a bit less harsh.
>>
File: 1465776749911.jpg (5MB, 1800x6485px) Image search: [Google]
1465776749911.jpg
5MB, 1800x6485px
I only have the old one but there's not enough actual CYOA in this thread.
>>
>>52941440
You really are being an autist, anon. Especially since the actual author stated above that the statement was more a philosophical musing on life, not a cosmic rule in the cyoa
>>
File: 1357174464789.png (608KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1357174464789.png
608KB, 800x600px
>>52941313
I don't know how you think Houri is okay.

Say you hate cucking more than anything. That means your Houri wants to cuck you, and will obsessively try and cuck you or make you let her cuck you.

Or say you hate bestiality. You have to sell your dog, because she's going to try and rape it, or talk constantly about its penis and how she wants to suck it, and will insist strongly that you let her do that.

What if you hate scat? The genie us going to try and get you to walk in on her shitting, or walk in on you doing it, refuse to flush the toilet, and send you two girls one cup in a text message.

She's basically completely non-viable. Nobody can live with this sort of crap because of how disgusting most of the fetishes people REALLY hate are for Magical Ream, especially on this website where people are aware of a LOT of very nasty things.
>>
>>52940881
>CHANGELOG
* Peri has 1 interloper removed
* Text on Attitude changed.
* Main paragraph text at tops background was made more opaque
* Patron Haint text changed
* 2 New Perks added
* Endless Inlaws text fixed
* Paragraph added explaining nemesis a bit more

>BUGS:
* Cropping on page 1 cuts off bottom of text boxes. Page needs to be lengthened slightly or recropped.
* Being able to choose 2 bodytypes not added? Mentioned last thread.
>>
Whatever happened to that one anon who was making a fantasy cyoa where your class is selected by choosing either rock, paper, scissors, then the individual, group, or idea? I didn't really get a straight answer last time I asked.
>>
>>52941558
Yeah, I'm probably going to change it from the one you hate the most to one that you find the most annoying (but not disgusting) or baffling. The point was to make it so that she wasn't just an onahole, but I probably took it too far.
>>
>>52940691
If i choose making the switch can i make the specifications?

Is the magic ream specifically a fucked up thing that you will not like or just a really fucked up thing? i mean i have some fucked up fetishes so i would probably can deal with one or two it but if it is spot on the one you won't like well im not so sure

If i want eternal youth not full blown inmortality what powerlevel do i need?
>>
>>52941490
The thing about Bewitched and IDOJ is that it's a show you watch. You aren't the protagonist. Living a life where you are constantly made miserable just because someone magical lives with you because there must be some sort of cosmic 'balance' would be stressful and horrifying. Unless your life is actively terrible, a 50/50 balance is abject misery compared to the decent level of small happiness you can get without a genie.
>>
>>52940995
>Minor Perk rebalancing.
All the perks still cost the same and maybe I missed any text changes? Just rechecked and didn't see any text changes in perks. Just the 2 new ones.
>>
>>52941635
>You will be miserable because you have one (or two) genies because cosmic balance
The celestial burocracy is probably too busy to make your life miserable anon
>>
>>52941672
CYOA says otherwise.
>>
>>52941369
You can do it without picking marid and pure of heart too.
>>
>>52941576
Oh, good catch, and thank you for the list. There always seem to be so much to do.

>>52941620
Yeah, hair and makeup and stuff all go in the training, and "attractive" is a subjective concept so it's up to you.
Magical Ream is getting changed to >>52941612.

If you want eternal youth, you'll have to come up with Patron Haint who could conceivably achieve it, but the only permanent guarentee is a Phenomenal Cosmic Power genie. But since you want youth without necessarily immortality, you might be able to do it with the Domestic Goddess or the already mentioned clever use of Patron Haint.

>>52941653
Minor Psychic Link

I'd also like to thank anyone who made builds. I'm still in the process of reading them all but I really appreciate it.
>>
>>52941635
Doesn't the protagonist of Bewitched almost get killed every other episode?
>>
How do you make a scary CYOA?
>>
>>52941097
>100 mile radius basically cuts california in half.
Hardly in half, sure horizontally it may but cali is about 800ish miles long. That's a tiny piece.
>>
File: 1492799379669.png (392KB, 600x527px) Image search: [Google]
1492799379669.png
392KB, 600x527px
>>52941490
How does minor goddess work? Can I have her make me a sword then take that sword out of her boundary?

>>52941635
>IDOJ
>Bewitched
>Horrifying
It's just minor inconveniences in those shows.
Also the author never said 50/50, he just said that there are some downsides. Maybe these downsides will lead to fun adventures. Though of course you would hate that too
>>
>>52941741
>How does minor goddess work? Can I have her make me a sword then take that sword out of her boundary?
If she makes you a mundane sword, out of minerals available within the radius, and just used her magic inside the radius to speed up the blacksmithing process, then that sword is just a sword and you can take it wherever you want. If she makes you the above, but with an enchantment, the enchantment will weaken as you move out of the radius. If she makes you a magic sword, or a mundane sword out of materials not available within the radius, then as you take it it it will first blunt, then rust, then crumble into dust, then vanish entirely the further it is taken.
>>
>>52941741
It's a CYOA about some kind of secret evil conspiracy. I'm not inclined to think that it's 'minor inconveniences' and 'fun adventures' in this kind of tone.
>>
>>52939475

I want to pick Deredere+drone control and then go flirt all the time with human girls just to see what will happen.

Looks like you cant even leave the habitats unless you are the property of a ship girl, either you are the slave of the AI that controls the habitat where you were born, or you are the slave of the AI ship girl, there is no middle ground where humans live free, even talking with other humans in online games is forbidden.

I guess being kept as pets/slaves is somewhat better than extinction....
>>
>>52941695
So if i wanted the eternal youth i would have to make something like uh the patron haint of life or body or eternity?

Also thanks for balancing magic ream now it is something reasonable so i can bottle the childhood friend horui
>>
>>52941490
>Lots of things. Honestly I'm a little attached to Houri with magical ream, because I think it's a little unfair to have someone who shares all your fetishes and has nothing of their own, especially when Psycho Childhood Friend makes it clear that Houri aren't the mindless creatures of hedonism/lust that the Little Sister (or maybe her manual) assumes they are. But on the other balancing things, I do agree with you.
There's nothing wrong with her having her own fetish but you're making it purposely something that you hate. That's beyond "Oh she likes anal and I don't really mind one way or the other so I'll indulge her now and then". That's part of give and take not "wow you like to roll around in shit and then lick it off...I'm so repulsed I'm going to now gouge my eyes out after having seen that."

So yes, as the other anons have said you've pretty much made her a non choice. Notice how no one's building anything with her as a choice.
>>
>>52941612
Thank you.
As it is currently, it's on the "ruins everything" list of pit falls. Fine for a throw away genie with only three wishes because she'll be gone after you make the third. Though she's still fucked in the head.. But yeah, thanks.
The new version of annoyance seems much more in line with other stuff.

There are some really terrible fetishes.. I need a distraction.
>>
>>52941313
>Oh, and limit placed on Bonus Bottle transfer points to discourage "burner" genies.
Where is the limit? All I see that's changed is "round down after multiplying by 0.75" what did I miss? It's late and I'm tired so I may have missed it.
>>
>>52941685
Then (ideally, in terms of balance) you've taken enough drawbacks that your omnipotence, granted to you by wishing on a Phenomenal Cosmic Power genie that the Pitfall > Perk > Powerlevel ranking will not make you too broken.

>>52941828
Right, but remember, how powerful the Patron Haint is depends on how specific and concrete the concept you choose is. So while you can pick "eternity" as a concept, she might not be powerful enough to keep you eternally in some form, because "eternity" and "stability" are different concepts.

>>52941855
>>52941828
>>52941863
And yeah, in retrospect I just went too far with it. It's getting rebalanced to >>52941612
>>
>>52941695
the "become a genie" option is also an immortality option.
>>
>>52940979
>Courtesan
>Letting someone else break in your pet
>>
>>52941369
>Yeah, sorry about that. If you can believe it, these walls of texts are actually really cut down from what I originally had. I might put a reminder about the 15 free points in the beginning.
Change the 15 points to a color that stands out so people don't miss it. I found this works well, just don't pick a color that is also an eyesore. You seem to have a fairly good grasp of colors so that's probably not an issue.
>>
>>52940368
Doesn't it only imply getting killed if you want to interpret it that way? It just implies something really bad happens. There are way worse things that could happen than death, use your imagination anon.
>>
>>52941877
20 > X > 0. But thank you for helping me with the changelog, I really appreciate it.

>>52941899
Oh, yes, that too. But that comes with its own can of worms.

The next version posted will definitely have the fixed Magical Ream and hopefully a few other perks and pitfalls, if I can think of anything and the filesize gods are kind.
>>
>>52941924
Not a comforting counterpoint.
>>
>>52941878
It's omnipotence, though. Infinite power, and all that. I mean, if I just take no misunderstanding so she doesn't fuck it up, along with three wish limit and a bunch of other stuff, I can use the first one to become omnipotent and the second one to set her free. I got just enough points for it too.
>>
>>52941635
Poor Roger Healy
>>
>>52941878
Ah what about youth then, that seems to be a pretty specific sphere of influence. Or using minor goddess to deage people?
Though I'm guessing from your general answers PCP is probably going to turn out to be the only actual way to do it It seems anon will always try to find a way to avoid dying
>>
>>52941153
That sounds fucking awesome bruh.
>>
>>52941878
Alright so eternity is too spread out but stability or life is good if i choose ''Body'' will it work too with some shapeshifting in to it added or it is too spread out?
>>
>>52941705
Darwin shouldn't have taken the "Inlaws dislike you" and "Vile Mother Inlaw" drawbacks, heh.

He got hexed a lot and caught up on Samantha just doing her witchy life with a bit of magic. He just didn't want her to do any magic. Not to mention all the kooky people she knew like Dr Bombay and having the "Nosy Neighbor" drawback.
>>
>>52941493
Fuckit, building a whole team.

Forrest Gunn
>17
>Human
>Beacon
>Yet to discover actual semblance, but talented at making careful use of defensive aura, manifesting it defensively in microbursts rather than constantly to conserve it.
>Hope: Dude doesn't give up.
>Beauty: Dude also makes the makeup look flawless and natural. Goddamn.
>Memory: Forrest does Not forget things. Comes in handy after a scouting run. Comes up in frustrating points when arguments come up over who handled which chore, as he is not always honest.
>Guile: Speaking of which.
>Combat.
He likes messing with people but his actual conflict/combat approach is very in-your-face. Between appearances and straight-forward fighting styles, most people don't catch onto the bullshit until he's already tricked them into something.
>Escrima Sticks with Air (lighting) dust infusions. Clicking them together a few times builds up static to fling as a short-range projectile.
>>
>>52939595
I really enjoyed my joke waifu one, and I always feel pretty proud when people post it and when people think I was high or something when I wrote it.
>>
>>52942010
You could try "self-improvement." Change your body so that it doesn't degrade with time, only improves.
>>
>>52939797
Could you post what you've managed to complete so far? I'm really looking forward to this.
>>
File: Wall01.jpg (58KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Wall01.jpg
58KB, 480x360px
>>52940956
>>52941474
Thanks guys.

And I realize I was mistaken, it was my 3rd cyoa, not second. The AI one slipped my mind.

And I have so many fond memories of War of the monsters that I couldn't help but slip in a reference.
>>
File: mpl.jpg (293KB, 1266x560px) Image search: [Google]
mpl.jpg
293KB, 1266x560px
>>52941695
>Oh, good catch, and thank you for the list. There always seem to be so much to do.
Welcome.
Yeah I always use notepad as I'm making changes in PS to write down what the heck I'm changing so I can make a changelog.

>>52941695
>Minor Psychic Link
I see no change in the minor psychic link text
>>
>>52940912
Can I take multiple interlopers?
>>
>>52941788
Wow that makes Deity not worth the points if anything she does isn't permanent. At that point the magical girlfriend would be better, just takes more time. Her shit's not going to just fall apart if she magics up a sword or whatever.
>>
>>52942126
The area is like really really really big and you can change it once per year it is very well balanced if you ask me
>>
>>52942126
I think the balance is the sword that minor goddess would make would be stronger
>>
>>52941966
Right, but the magic that got granted to you is still limited by it. So for example if you just made the one wish for omnipotence, then Gold Digger wouldn't affect you because you make no subsequent wishes, but if she was keeping it up then a Terminal Battery could still cut in at the worst possible moment. And if you're not careful about your omnipotence, that is one situation in which the Paranoid Anon is right and Heaven might finally take a closer look at you.

>>52941989
Minor Goddess could probably keep people reasonably young, like maybe say elf aging, as long as they were inside her sphere of influence and it was only a few people at a time.

>>52942010
Body could work for some minor shapeshifting, but you have to be careful you don't go too far into "change".

>>52942098
It went from -1 to -2. it's pretty minor.

>>52942115
If you can handle them, go wild.

>>52942126
Stay in her radius, and it is permanent.

As for Magical Ream, how does this sound:

Every once in a while, you come across something that’s just baffling. Not even disgusting, just...confusing. You can’t make heads or tails of it, and yet some deep, primal part of your soul knows that somebody, somewhere, is getting off on it. Well, that somebody is your genie, and that something sure is crazy. She’s embarrassed about it, but nothing would make her happier if she could share this fetish with you (and to be fair, shouldn't you reciprocate every once in a while?) Be careful when taking this with Lust Potion.
>>
>>52942098
>the only entry without link is the one that shows link

what the fuck is this bullshit?
>>
>>52941927
No Problem. Glad to help!

I don't seem to have the 20 X 0 on the image I downloaded. I'm going to redownload it, though it has the 2 new things you added...or is that something you still need to add and post?
>>
>>52942166
I was this close to using BOTW Gerudo Link as a picture for one of them, but I didn't find art that made him look psychic for it. And I figured there were enough dumb puns already.
>>
>>52942162
>then a Terminal Battery
I think you mean Short Curcuit
>but if she was keeping it up
?
>>
File: Jackross Frontier.jpg (407KB, 550x843px) Image search: [Google]
Jackross Frontier.jpg
407KB, 550x843px
>>52940691
>>52940805
>>52940852
>>52940912
>Jeannie
>Miss Adventure
>Happy to be Here
>Medium
>High Heels, Headlights
>Modern, Maid
>Life of the Party, Entertainer

>Magic Medium
>Cramped, But Cozy

>Magical Girl(friend) (3, vessel)
>No Misunderstandings (race)
>Love Potion (attitude)
>Bonus Bottle (15) (in case of DLC interlopers)

>Short Circuit (race)
>Pure of Heart (+3)
>>
>>52941493
>>52942049
Carrot Tal
>Ginger
>Beacon
>Force Of Nature (Plants, particularly root vegetables.)
>Ferocity
It's kind of like a boy being named Sue. It does some good but it also makes them a little quick on the draw when they don't need to be.
>Fear
And they advertise this fact.
>Precision.
Rootlocks.
>Energy
Somehow keeps up with Forrest as a fighter. Talks slow despite it, but will probably be the one keeping everyone up late with inane questions.
>Survival.
Conjures food. Cheater.

>High impact assault rifle.
Bullets may not always do much in this series but Coco and Ironwood prove that enough of them will still make the cut. Carries several extra magazines more than usually sound or called for, rootlocks grimm and grinds them down.
>>
>>52941612
>Yeah, I'm probably going to change it from the one you hate the most to one that you find the most [...] baffling
Well then. I guess I can deal with a genie who wants big knees from time to time.
>>
File: led.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
led.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>52940285
FOR THE WAIFU CYOA RIGHT?
>>
>>52942162
>Minor Goddess could probably keep people reasonably young, like maybe say elf aging
Oh shoot you nerfed from last thread, last thread you said it was fine but you were forced to live in her zone for ever. I guess immortality is probably going to be too hard to get, so I'll just go with Magical Girlfriend for the mobility.
>>
>>52942186
Nope, you're right, I posted the old version of the image. That's on the latest one I have saved, but I exported the second latest one. My fault, I'm sorry.

>>52942201
Short Circuit might cut in when she's granting you omnipotence initially, but it might not. Terminal Battery is your problem, if she needs to sustain said omnipotence.
>>
>>52942144
I don't think there's a problem with the area. All I'm saying is it's not a huge chunk of California. You want to see impressive with that aera put it on the east coast and cover a few states.
>>
>>52942233
I thought last thread it was about eternal life, not eternal youth+eternal life. I might have misinterpreted though, I'm a little tired.
>>
>>52942151
I'd rather have something dependable that I can use wherever and just have the magical girlfriend or haint add multiple enchantments to it to get it to the same level, even if it took a year compared to an hour.
>>
>>52942162
So now it is only something fucked up? i can deal with that i have some fucked up shit too so it is only fair

Ok what about this what if i make the peri the patron haint of ''Stability'' and then i bottle the Childhood friend houri and make her the patron Haint of ''Change'' with that could i get eternal youth and shapeshifting shenanigans?
>>
>>52942235
>sustain
I wasn't aware that was necessary, just thought it was a one time thing. I mean, she'd have to sustain it even after you've made 3 wishes or released her. And if she goes back, doesn't she get assigned to someone else? Then what? In any case, you pretty much need a tiny amount of time where you can just take over, since you're infinitely powerful and all.
>>
>>52942162
> Every once in a while, you come across something that’s just baffling. Not even disgusting, just...confusing. You can’t make heads or tails of it, and yet some deep, primal part of your soul knows that somebody, somewhere, is getting off on it. Well, that somebody is your genie, and that something sure is crazy. She’s embarrassed about it, but nothing would make her happier if she could share this fetish with you (and to be fair, shouldn't you reciprocate every once in a while?) Be careful when taking this with Lust Potion.
Sounds better.
>>
>>52940852
Wait, what exactly is broken facade? What do I get if a I pick it? 10k points and no genie or what?
>>
>>52942162
>Every once in a while, you come across something that’s just baffling. Not even disgusting, just...confusing. You can’t make heads or tails of it, and yet some deep, primal part of your soul knows that somebody, somewhere, is getting off on it. Well, that somebody is your genie, and that something sure is crazy. She’s embarrassed about it, but nothing would make her happier if she could share this fetish with you (and to be fair, shouldn't you reciprocate every once in a while?) Be careful when taking this with Lust Potion.
Sounds far more do-able. It's weird, something you may or may not like or just think that's weird but ooookay.
>>
>>52942272
This time I think its just about eternal youth, not life. Also doesn't eternal life imply eternal youth?
Shoot now I'm confused
>>
>>52939268
>>
>>52942301
You get Choose Your Own Horrific Suffering
>>
>>52942301
Broken facade is the ''Why the fuck are you taking this are you nuts?'' option
>>
>>52940691
Hmm... how about certain skilled waifu for interesting life

>Species
Ifrit - Perfect for what we'll be doing. Her playfulness will encourage great improv.

>History
Voluntary - She thought it a great challenge to be treated as an equal despite being in servitude.

>Attitude
Easily Fluster - Her mind defaults to inner-conflict, being naturally inclined towards pride and playfulness but having a good heart and desiring people to be happy.

>Body
Curvy - THICC!

>Accessories
Cat Ears - Good for scratching, great for hearing
Wrist Bangles - Relic from her past employment

>Additional Outfits
Modest - To hide playfulness, and to evoke a more folksy atmosphere
Modern - Is it possible to not have mid-riff? I think it looks tacky. Otherwise, these casual, modern clothes are to fit in.

>Mundane Skills
Housewife - C'mon, this is a waifu CYOA after all.
Entertainer - What she does best, especially as a musician.

>Vessel Exterior
Ring - Easy, it seems fitting for our purpose, plus the free Minor Psychic Link easily makes it worthwhile. I'd like to think that the ring grants the wearer the ability to freely visit her living space. The final touch: it's very easy to carry around.

>Vessel Interior
Single Room (11) - A music-themed bedroom, complete with a comfy bed for two, a mini-studio work station and a few instruments, plus any decorations she likes.

>Powerlevel
Patron Haint (3) - Powers focused on love-infused music and harmony between couples

con'td
>>
>>52940691
>>52942332
>Perks (the tough part)
Love Potion (2) - No duh
No Misunderstandings (1) - How can we make great music if we can't understand each other?
World Atlas (-2) - Very useful, as we'll be constantly travelling and never settling anywhere
Guardian Spirit (-2) - Traveling the world can be dangerous, thankfully she'll protect us both.
Minor Psychic Link (-2) - Free, we'll be able to tell when a tune or lyrics clicks

>Pitfalls
Pure of Heart (1) - She only wants to fill the world with joyful sound and happy couples who'll listen. Unfortunately, she won't do much else unless a wish will bring us both a bit of joy.
Mischievous Mind (2) - While she is pure of heart, she just have to get off a few pranks.

>Interlopers
Small(Not Really) Business Owners - Record Labels hate us and the example we're giving to other music makers and lovers, but some smartass, I think from Warner, believes there's more to the waifu and I than we let on. Apparently Time-Warner has a paranormal divison just for this kind of jewry. And they'll do anything to stop the music.

>Goal
Adventure - Just me and my waifu, going around the world making great music.
>>
>>52942200
Dumb puns are great!

>>52942235
Ok thought I was going crazy. Will wait for you to post the new one with your changes after you do the rest I guess.
>>
>>52942274
haint is limited though. Haint has a limited scope only. While Goddess has the second most power, but is restricted in area. So Magical girlfriend couldn't ever, even with time, reach minor goddess's power.
I still don't think it''s overly balanced though, seeing as how goddess is still pretty limited in power it sounds, has a limited area, and costs several points more. but I see the overall logic of it
>>
>>52942295
You can't change the Childhood Friend's species. She's a houri.

>>52942297
I guess if it isn't explicitly stated, it could go either way. I tried to bake in a lot of flexibility/ambiguity so that people could make their own headcanons. It is stated that if you go too crazy with PCP then Heaven will start looking into you more closely and the Powers that Be still outrank PCP (I hope I didn't delete that for space), so aside from that you can do whatever.

>>52942300
>>52942315
Okay. Please wait warmly for it, I want people to like the Psycho Childhood Friend despite her being a little psycho.

>>52942324
In Justice League Unlimited, there is a twist ending where a villain with eternal life and eternal youth loses his eternal youth, and immediately decays into a supernaturally old man. That wouldn't happen, not that severely, but you would not be as spry at the end of 500 years as you were when you first met, or you could be that young but be close to dying suddenly of old age. PCP is the only way to ensure immortality, eternal youth, no limits.

>>52942349
Thanks again for your help, I've copied your logs into notepad too.
>>
>>52942301
I prefer to think of it as You are a Great Old One/Outer God that has fallen asleep, and it is in the interest of the Powers that Be to keep you asleep. The Genie in the CYOA is their way of keeping you docile and content, and unaware of your own power, hence the +10000 points. Bad things happen when you wake up.
>>
>>52942355
I agree, that is far too limited for most of your starting points. May as well grab the all powerful one and not fuck with so many limitations on the supposedly second most powerful power.

Also a specific Haint could be more powerful then a general deity in their specialty as it states that kind of thing in the cyoa, if I'm reading that right. So a Haint of magic items of enchanting or whatever should be able to make comparable items.
>>
>>52942410
>Powers that Be still outrank PCP
In that case, if you wished to be more powerful than them, you couldn't, could you? It does say any wish, however. You might wanna change the description or something.
>>
>>52942208
>>52941493
Khaki Kleins
>Human
>Beacon (Atlas Transfer)
>Fast Mover+/-Ghost: Moves quickly and invisibly in brief intervals, but the resulting draw on Aura resource is a major limiting factor; might vanish only to reappear having tumbled to the ground in fatigue after several uses.
>Intelligence
Not exactly a powerhouse, but pretty good with schoolwork and accademics. She's usually pretty practical with how she uses her abilities too, she just tends to push her limits a bit too much.
>Agility
We thought she could teleport the first time she vanished and appeared on another roof.
>Tactics
>Will
>Engineering.

You'd think with invisibility as your semblance stealth would be the thing, but no, she can talk your ears off about your own weapon until you want to take it to the shop just to get her to shut up about improvements or friction issues.

>Kinetic Magnetic Acceleration Crossbow.
>Dust Infused Machete (Gravity)
>Short-range Bottle-Rocket Pistol
>Multi-Crystal DustCaster Staff

Yes we pooled our weapon money and gave it to her. She was ecstatic and we didn't hear from her for a week until Glynda saved her from Professor Port egging her on to think of new ways to kill things.
>>
>>52942295
>>52942410
Oh wait, I see what you mean now. Yes, you could do that if you have enough points to buy Patron Haint for the Childhood Friend. If you use "stability" to change her, you could make her superficially look more powerful, but you can't get too close to "empower. "

>>52942439
I guess I must have deleted the part where it's stated it's just under the Powers That Be for space. It was probably crucial to be explicit.
>>
>>52942162
>It went from -1 to -2.
no it didn't. Did you intend to make that change?
>>
>>52942410
>a villain with eternal life and eternal youth loses his eternal youth
Then he didn't actually have eternal youth in the first place, did he?
>>
>>52942463
>I guess I must have deleted the part where it's stated it's just under the Powers That Be for space. It was probably crucial to be explicit.
It's still there in the version you posted. First line. :"Second only to the Powers that Be". Pretty clear to me.
>>
>>52942410
I think you are really shooting yourself in the foot by restricting basic immortality to only the most expensive and restrictive option. "Basic" immortality meaning you can still be killed Restricting True immortality (cannot really "die" by any means) to PCP is much more sensible.
>>
>>52942482
I'm pretty sure he meant the power was taken from him
>>
>>52942479
It's probably on the page that he's working on and will be in the next posted version. Same with the limit on the bottle.
>>
>>52942463
It says it's second, but with any wish being an option, there are countless ways you could or rather, should be able to make yourself more powerful than them.
>>
>>52942463
No wait what i wanted to do is to give the starter peri ''Stability'' Haint to get eternal youth wishes and stability related things And then give the Childhood friend ''Change'' Haint to get shapeshifting wishes and change related wishes would that work out or the specialities are to spread out?
>>
>>52942498
Eh, I don't think it's needed. Not every CYOA needs immortality.
>>
>>52942504
Sure, but it's not eternal if it can be taken away.
>>
>>52942522
Not every CYOA needs immortality, but if it's an option it needs to be chosen. Limiting it to only the most expensive options limits the viable choices in the CYOA. That's why the general rule is to either not include it AT ALL or to give it to everyone by default.
>>
>>52942537
It's is eternal, just not under all circumstances. Also that's just splitting hairs
>>
File: 1388702578778.jpg (78KB, 637x476px) Image search: [Google]
1388702578778.jpg
78KB, 637x476px
>>52940912
>Team up with with the childhood friend.
>Put a stop to whatever bullshit heaven is pulling that she's warning you about.
>Leave the bottle alone forever because it's probably part of their plans.
>Don't fuck the childhood friend because she's crazy.
Best plan or best plan?
>>
>>52942498
Immortality seems like the kind of thing you could ask pre-freed Genie from Aladdin for, but not post-freed Genie from Aladdin for, so that's where I'm making a distinction. In my mind, post-Freedom Genie is somewhere between Magical Girlfriend and Patron Haint, so that's about where immortality comes into play.
>>
>>52942498
Also, it wouldn't even have to be full-on "I wish to be immortal", or "I wish to have eternal youth and health". A series of lesser wishes, made over an (infinitely) long time to have the same effect is acceptable. "I wish to be 5 years younger", every 5 years as long as you have the genie, "I wish to be cured of cancer" when you find out you have cancer instead of simply being immune to begin with.
>>
>>52942553
Just call it what it is. Youth. Unless it's taken away. Or you're aged by someone with time powers. Or just fucked over in a million other different ways.
>>
>>52942522
It does if your waifu is immortal. What the fuck happens to her after you die?
>>
>>52942511
That would probably work, depending on the exact wording of the wish in relation to their specialty. But the only way you could do it is by getting the Childhood friend to Patron Haint with the Bonus Bottle point transfer, rather than using "stability" Haint to change her, as that change would be too close to "empowering."
>>
>>52939682
Hopefully never
>>
>>52942610
I was talking about PCP. You should just straight up be able to wish to be more powerful than the Powers That Be.
>>
>>52942633
Oh shoot. >>52942610 was meant to be for >>52942520

As for
>>52942511
>>52942633
That seems like asking a genie with Major Shapeshift to become a magical creature more powerful than herself. I don't think it can be done.
>>
File: 1492564349557.png (122KB, 893x765px) Image search: [Google]
1492564349557.png
122KB, 893x765px
>>52942633
>PCP is weaker than PTB
>Should be able to make you more powerful than PTB
>>
>>52940691
>>52940805
>>52940852
>>52940912
>Species
Houri

>History
Voluntary, seems to fit with the description of getting bored of the empty life.

>Attitude
Happy to be here, so she loves me too.

>Body
Curvy, definitely.

>Accessories
RGB Skin (an almost-white pale blue)
Wrist bangles
Tattoos
Heart Pupils

>Outfits
Glorified Jewelry
Modest

>Mundane Skills
Housewife
Scheherazade

>Vessel Exterior
Jewelry Box (going back to add extra accesories)

>Vessel Interior
Pocket Dimension

>Power Level
Phenomenal Cosmic Power

>Perks
Love and Lust potion for free. Houri who both loves me and wants to fuck me senseless, pretty nice.
Intoxicating Aroma
No misunderstandings
World Atlas
Friend Upstairs
Cursebane
Guardian Spirit
Minor and Major psychic link
Foresight
Major Shapeshift (and everything that goes with it)
Illusionary Copy
As many Bonus Bottles as needed.

>Pitfalls
Magical Ream free. Gonna pretend it's the modified version that hasn't been fixed yet.
Turbulent Mood
Broken Facade fuck yes (+10,000)

>Interlopers
All of them.

>Goal
Power

So I've got an all powerful houri sex wife for the small price of unspeakable horror. No way this could go wrong.
>>
>>52942661
>any wish
If it can't actually grant any wish, then the description should be changed.
>>
How's that Space Refuge DLC for Stardust coming?
>>
File: The Tribulation 01.jpg (6MB, 1400x4935px) Image search: [Google]
The Tribulation 01.jpg
6MB, 1400x4935px
>>
>>52942679
Have you ever heard the term "the spirit of the law"
>>
>>52942660
Alright so i just have to use the points to give ''Change'' Haint to Childhood friend? good

Can you get bonus points directly to Childhood friend by giving pitfalls to her? or is not allowed?

sorry to ask so many questions by the way
>>
>>52940691
Are Excited and Lust Potion the same character? Also can you post Excited pls.
>>
>>52942715
Not in that particular CYOA, no.
>>
File: The Tribulation 02.jpg (4MB, 1400x5600px) Image search: [Google]
The Tribulation 02.jpg
4MB, 1400x5600px
>>52942713
>>
>>52942558
Best plan.
>>
>>52942446
Topaz Solms
>Faunus (Snake, Tongue trait)
>Beacon
>Witch (Self Only)
>Strength
She lifts, and mixed with her Semblance she lifts A Lot.
>Tracking
Snake tongue sense of scent. If you're within a half a mile or less, she probably knows about it or will soon.
>Medicine.
Great at aura-sharing stuff, as well as the only person allowed to use the First Aid kit outside of emergencies after Khaki tried to weaponize the last one.

>Anime-sized Greatsword with Fire dust infusions.
>Variably Collapses into an oversized semi-automatic fire-infused mortar platform.
>>
File: TimeToSayReroll.png (757KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TimeToSayReroll.png
757KB, 1920x1080px
>>52942049
>>52942208
>>52942446
>>52942745
Team FCKT is complete.
>>
>>52942719
Not the creator but...She's a whole new captured genie, so I see no reason why she wouldn't be able to have drawbacks that happen when you capture her or however you fluff it.
>>
File: 7ffe457f3d84812f3cd8ef8c483de17b.jpg (618KB, 1432x1896px) Image search: [Google]
7ffe457f3d84812f3cd8ef8c483de17b.jpg
618KB, 1432x1896px
>>52942679
I have added the word "almost" in front of "any."

>>52942719
Yeah, you could do that, it's just that she doesn't get the 15 free points, and you can't take another Bonus Bottle. And don't worry about questions, I'm just happy to see people interested in what I did.

>>52942723
Yup. They're both Rise Kujikawa in her Dancing All Night "arabian armor" costume.
>>
File: Dryad.png (4MB, 1400x6146px) Image search: [Google]
Dryad.png
4MB, 1400x6146px
>>
>>52942787
>Rise Kujikawa
Neato, thanks mate.
>>
>>52942787
You know it's funny, I have a notepad with cyoa notes to possibly make in the future and I have a "Genie" one. Was inspired after seeing the Scientists Genie cyoa, It would have been similar to yours as the idea was you find a genie and then choose what contains it, what it is, what it's powers and drawbacks are etc... No real need to make it now, though it wasn't a pure waifu cyoa. You did a nice job here!
>>
>>52942598
Yeah, I guess with the immortal waifu it's a little weird.
>>
>>52940374
Half-eaten pop-tarts
Browse 4chan
Right hand
>>
>bet no one else has made my idea yet
Feels good.
>>
>>52942888
masturbation is wrong
>>
>>52942598
I'm actually curious about this but he seems to be ignoring a lot of questions now.
>>
>>52942805
No problem.

>>52942858
Hey, if you feel inclined feel free to make it. I'd be interested in seeing a non-pure waifu version of this too. And SouthernCross tyrant is also making something with a non-gallery genie theme, so as far as I'm concerned we should all spread the wealth. Thanks for liking it though.

A version with the problems brought up in this thread is now ready, and I'll probably post it next thread. I'm won't be able to update for a week or two after Saturday, so if there's any last minute concerns anyone has please speak up.
>>
>>52942858
Make it, his kinda has this weird underlayer of conspiracy and death.
>>
>>52942942
Then you're not doing it right.
>>
>>52942943
Sorry, I'm trying to update while things are fresh in my memory so my attention is a bit divided right now. I'm sorry.

>>52942598
What does anyone do after someone they love dies?
>>
>>52942953
That's what makes his good.
>>
>>52942888
>>52942942
He's saying it would be better for you to kys rather than masturbate like a good christian. god bless.
>>
>>52942993

?
>>
>>52942432
I mean it obviously means something bad like you're in the Matrix or something but sure if you want to believe that..
>>
>>52942949
>A version with the problems brought up in this thread is now ready, and I'll probably post it next thread. I'm won't be able to update for a week or two after Saturday, so if there's any last minute concerns anyone has please speak up.
Word of Advice...Add version numbers somewhere in the cyoa itself, like in the top corner or something so people know what version goes together. Filenames get changed all the time.

>Hey, if you feel inclined feel free to make it. I'd be interested in seeing a non-pure waifu version of this too. And SouthernCross tyrant is also making something with a non-gallery genie theme, so as far as I'm concerned we should all spread the wealth. Thanks for liking it though.
I'll keep it in mind, just haven't been in the mood to make anything lately.
>>
>>52942976
Fuck his nephew?

It's complicated by the fact that there's a heaven, thus maybe an afterlife, and that she is a spirit of some description. One has to ask what she is expected to do. Stay celibate forever? Be pawned off on some new man? Can she come live with you?
>>
>>52942976
They bury themselves alive with the one they love?
>>
>>52942983
>Wanting to die this bad.
>>
>>52943030
Eh. sorry bad joke on my part about how your only options are your leftie, rightie, and popping pills until you overdose.
>>
>>52943069
Why are you hung up on death? It doesn't say anything about dying. I just think an unspeakable horror adventure sounds fun. There's plenty of other wish fulfillment magical waifu CYOAs out there.
>>
>>52943095
>Unspeakable horror is fun
Lovecraft is rolling in his grave.
>>
>>52943041
That's a good idea. I don't know much about version numbering, but I guess I'll call the prior two WIPs and make this 1.0 since the problems were significant.

>>52943059
>>52943066
All of these are options that are possible and valid. For example, from the description of Houri we know that at least they can stay up in heaven hanging around someone, and Peri very explicitly come back to it. And there are even demons working away quietly in middle management. So her living with you in heaven seems plausible given the descriptions, But maybe you'd prefer she moves on, or mourns you for eternity, etc. That's also possible within the established limits. It's choose your own adventure.
>>
>>52943128
It's fun in fiction, which is what a CYOA is.

I might pick it even if it was real though.
>>
>no be the hobo cyoa
>>
>>52940691
I guess I'm going with
Ifrit
Voluntary
Excited
Cute!
High Heels, Tattoos
Modern, Glorified Jewelry
Housewife, Businesswoman
Gemstone
Cramped, but Cozy
Phenomenal Cosmic Power, -25
Lust Potion, Guardian Spirit
No Misunderstandings, Magical Realm. -2
Mischievous mind
Old Friend, Psycho Childhood Friend, Small Business Owner, Endless Inlaws, +12
Adventure!

Not that I have any ideas on what I'm doing. All I'm sure of is that I'm going to use a wish on something along the lines of a video game like levelup system where I can always improve skills/abilities by using them, and use a wish on gaining some magical power/abilities of my own to use while my pet Ifrit is recharging.
>>
>>52943193
There is, you just don't like it because it's simple. So get off your ass and make a better one.
>>
File: ephea reference 3.jpg (244KB, 946x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ephea reference 3.jpg
244KB, 946x1280px
>>52940691
Holy shit, this blows my Genie CYOA right out of the water. This is AMAZING!
Y'know what? I'm not even going to bother finishing mine; yours has way more content and balance anyway. I'll just move straight onto the Mild Inconvenience Gang CYOA.

I'll make a build though:

Species: Ifrit
History: Voluntary
Attitude: Happy to be Here

Body: Medium
Accessories: Wrist Bangles, Cat Ears
Additional Outfits: Modern, China Dress
Mundane Skills: Businesswoman, Scheherazade

0/18pts
Vessel Exterior: Ring
Vessel Interior: Single Room (-4)
Powerlevel: Domestic Goddess (-12)

Perks:
-Guardian Spirit (free)
-Love Potion (free)
-Minor Psychic Link (free)
-No Misunderstandings (-1)
-Magical Realm (-1)
Pitfalls: Mischievous Mind (free), Pure of Heart (+3)

Life Goal: Companionship/Power (only a few minor tweaks here and there though)
>>
>>52943228
THAT'S A HOBO GEAR CYOA AND IT'S ENTIRELY DIFFERENT AND YOU KNOW IT

I also don't know how to make one
>>
>>52943275
Just for the sake of argument and discussion, what would you like to see in your "hobo" CYOA. Do you expect it to be grounded in realism or be fanciful and magical? What kind of mechanics or choices do you want to make in such a CYOA?
>>
>>52943308
I want murderhobos
>>
>>52943324
any party, any tabletop game....and most builds here
>>
>this much shitposting
>42 images
The fuck is wrong with all of you Autists?
>>
>>52943275
There is a pastebin with info on how to make cyoas. There are also text only cyoas and even an html template/website with a video on how to use it to make cyoas. All that info should be in the pastebin.
>>
>>52943334
More murderhobos are always good
>>
>>52943247
>Y'know what? I'm not even going to bother finishing mine
Thank you for your kind words. But still, I'd be really interested in your take on it. Spread the wealth, I say. Though I'm also really looking forward to Mild Inconvenience Gang too.
>>
>>52943275
See the thing is..to continue from >>52943349
no one knows what you want in a hobo cyoa better then you do and if you're passionate about hobo history and lore then you're the best person to write one up so that everyone can enjoy it and maybe learn something while they're playing it.
>>
>>52943324
I see, you're a shitposter then. Alright.
>>
>>52943308
>>52943349
>>52943367
I wouldn't know where to get images without just photographing the local hobos. Do people read text cyoas?
>>
>>52943388
Use google. Find pictures. Not hard.
>>
>>52942759
DELET

Why don't I see a pile of ashes?
>>
>>52943388
They do and you may even find someone to help put it in image format for you, especially if you have already found images. I'd use google and probably photographs as there are probably far more of those then drawings/paintings/digital art.

Your best bet is to mix and match search terms. hobo, hobos, hobo hat, hobo train, hobo girl, magical hobo, hobo language etc... even look up hobo websites that deal with hobo history.
>>
Here's my crack at a phenomenal cosmic power build.

Species: Xian
- Take Friend Upstairs free
- Must take Terminal Battery

History: Weird Science

Attitude: Happy to be Here
- Take Love Potion free

Body: Medium

Accessories
- High Heels
- Headlights

Additional Outfits
- Modern
- Modest

Mundane Skills
- Entertainer
- Scheherazade

Vessel Exterior: Magic Medium
- Reduce cost of Power Level by 1

Vessel Interior: Cramped But Cozy (Free)
Power Level: Phenomenal Cosmic Power (-24)

Perks
- Love Potion (Free)
- No Misunderstandings (-1)
- Friend Upstairs (Free)

Pitfalls
- Terminal Battery (Free)
- Easily Trapped (+2)
- Gold Digger (+5)

Interlopers
- Endless Inlaws (+1)
- Small Business Owner (+2)

Life Goal: Power

I can make a very powerful wish every 2 months. She'll want me to shower her in riches, but with the kind of power I'll be able to acquire, I'm fairly sure I can come up with a way to make ridiculous amounts of money. I'll also be able to more easily free her when she gets stuck in things.

I'll just go ahead and marry her, that way her in-laws won't be constantly bugging us about when the wedding will be. And I'm fairly sure phenomenal cosmic power will let me make a mansion capable of housing them when they swing by.

As for the ghost hunting professor. I'll just hire her. I'm pretty sure I'll have enough money to start up some sort of paranormal research group, and getting a spot in that should help cheer her up.
>>
>>52940691
Type/History/Attitude
>Ifrit
>Voluntary
>Happy to be Here

Body/Accessories/Outfits
>Curvy
>Wrist Bangles
>Tanlines
>Modern
>Maid

Skills
>Entertainer
>Housewife

Vessel
>Perfume Bottle
>Cramped, but Cozy

Drawbacks
>All Interlopers: 27
>Mischievous Mind: 27
>Terminal Battery: 28

Power Level
>PCP: 3

Perks
>Love Potion: 3
>Guardian Spirit: 3
>Magical Realm: 2
>Lust Potion: 1
>Bonus Bottle(1): 0

Goal
>Adventure

I'll use the bonus bottle to capture the "Old Friend" Sure I might not get any use from her because I have no points for my bonus bottle, but it's better than dealing with her.

Every wish I get from my genie will take two months to recover from, so i'll have to limit them to very broad and important things, and more so rely on her physical abilities.
>>
>>52943603
You don't get points from an interloper if you use the bottle on them.
>>
>>52941906
I'm sure we can make it so she's gained that knowledge by magic because thats the sorta thing she became a genie for.

>>52941715
That's what I said. Or, well, meant. I meant it was long enough to fully bisect california, east to west.
>>
>>52943693
Ah I guess that makes sense, I guess I would have to take gold digger then
>>
>>52943355
Hm, fair enough. Guess I better get back to work then. One last push ought to do it.
>>
File: 1488943228084.jpg (140KB, 960x620px) Image search: [Google]
1488943228084.jpg
140KB, 960x620px
Okay, I'm going to do it! I'm going to make the CYOA I've been shitposting about instead of trying to get someone else to make it! Wish me luck anons!
>>
>>52943743
Well good luck.
>>
>>52943743
GANBATTE!
>>
>>52943743
Hobo CYOA?
>>
>>52943743
The one about vampire love interests with rock hard abs and 12" dicks?
>>
File: 1493157984964.gif (72KB, 485x213px) Image search: [Google]
1493157984964.gif
72KB, 485x213px
>>52943798
YEP! HOBO CYOA PROJECT IS A GO!
>>
>>52940691
>Ifrit
>Rebellious Princess
>Dominant
>Amazon
>Heart Pupils + Headlights
>Modern
>Housewife, Businesswomen, Courtesan
>Perfume Bottle
>pocket dimension (8)
>Domestic Goddess (-4)
>Lust Potion (-5)
>Magical Realm (-6)
>guardian spirit
>giant (-8)
>minor shapeshift (-9)
>misschievous (-8)
>terminal battery (-7)
>easily trapped (-5)
>gold digger (0)
She stays in the pocket dimension, I come to her. thats how we avoid trapped
>>
>>52942787
I don't suppose you could add a few more pitfalls? Just something I found enjoyable in the cyoa.
>>
>>52939663
Does Highlander still come to these threads? I haven't seen her for a while.
>>
File: 1493328604519.jpg (130KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1493328604519.jpg
130KB, 728x546px
One of my backgrounds makes you a lot stronger in exchange for being a bullied loner. The idea is that if you pick this option you will retroactively become more socially inept. Is anon going to ignore that part?
>>
>>52944107
If the mechanics of the CYOA don't recognize it then Anon won't either.

This is always the rule.
>>
>>52944107
Probably, I mean for one thing, how many people here do you think that's really a change for?
>>
>>52940691
Oh, this is a good one.
>Type
Ifrit. That's an easy one. Who doesn't like a genie that'll also be a mischievous pal?
>History
Voluntary. She was probably a troublemaker in her mortal life, too.
>Attitude
Happy to be here. Given the backstory I planned for her, this only makes sense.
>Body
Medium. Not too far either direction.
>Accessories
Barefoot, Motherly Face. The other accessories don't really appeal.
>Outfits
Modern, Modest
>Skills
Entertainer, Life of the Party. Again, just fits with her style.
>Vessel Exterior
Glass bottle. I wanna give her a cushy interior, so it's the best choice
>Interior
Pocket Dimension. (-6, 9 left). Might as well make her comfy, right?
>Power level
Patron Haint. Of... let's say 'Family' or something cozy like that. (1 point left)
>Perks
Love potion for free, Guardian Spirit for free. Giant for -2, Magical realm for -1, bringing me to -2. Giant genies are the best, and I want her to like being giant too.
>Pitfalls
Mischievous mind for +1, Terminal Battery for +1. She won't be too hard off.
>Interlopers
The inlaws. That's... honestly kinda cute and I'm all for extra people hanging around.
>Life Goal
Companionship. We're gonna be besties/cutest couple.
>>
>>52944172
Mischievous mind doesn't give any points to an Ifrit.
>>
>>52940691

This is a dumb question, but what does "headlights" mean for accessories?
>>
>>52944291
Boob pasties?
>>
>>52942432

There is a actually a book based on this, "In the company of ogres", the "Mad Void" was the great cosmic horror who devoured entire universes, the only time he stops eating is when he is sleeping, which he would never do normally.... that is until the gods of a small irrelevant universe got lucky with a random spell and made the void sleep, and now they are trying their hardest to keep him sleeping and dreaming that he is just a normal human.
>>
One one hand I'd like to get phenomenal powers and use them to live like an immortal hermit in eternal comfy. On the other hand I'd like to receive cool powers and a bunch of bros and go out adventuring in a dangerous post apocalyptic urban fantasy Earth.

Is my taste broken?
>>
>>52944315

Ohhh. Glow in the dark pasties it looks like.
>>
>>52944291
Based on context, I would guess nipples sticking out thro clothing. Never seen them referred to as headlights tho.
>>
>>52944291
When you are curious about something like that, check Urban Dictionary
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=headlights
>>
>>52944343
Nah, this is how I feel. I think phenomenal powers is kinda boring, and I would prefer a much lower power genie to go on bizarre adventures, but immortality is just too good to pass up on
>>
>>52944343
not really, you can like more than one thing.
those both sound cool, except i wouldn't like the post apocalyptic part.
>>
>>52940691
>Type
Peri.
>History
Criminal Record.
>Attitude
Dominant.
>Body
Lithe Body.
>Accessories
Tattoos + devil horns.
>Outfits
Chinese dress & maid.
>Non magical traits
Scheherazade, housewife, entertainer & life of the party.
>Container
Cellphone.
>Size of lodgings
Pocket Dimension (8)
>Caliber
Patron Haint of innovation.
>Perks
Cursebane (6)
Magical Realm (5)
Love Potion (4)

Bonus Bottle on the Old Friend.(3):

(2.2 + Mischievous Mind + Short Circuit + Terminal Battery + Gold Digger + Short Circuit; 11 points).
Love Potion + Magical Realm (7).
Patron Haint of Inspiration.

Is that at the bottom legal? I'm not sure if I interpreted the rules correctly.

Life goal: Companionship.
>>
>>52940691
This is really good anon, I enjoyed it a lot? How long did it take to make this?
>>
>>52944107
I would ignore it because it is an unfair option no matter how it works.

1. I get free points because I am already that way.

2. I don't take it because it would make me a true creep level ASPD, and resent that normal people would just be brought to my level (hence the cost is different for different people).
>>
>>52939595
Space Refuge

It's my baby, I just wish I had the time or energy to make thigns again, maybe they're just too large.
I feel Titanlands was a bust.
>>
File: 1490099243265.jpg (207KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1490099243265.jpg
207KB, 600x900px
>>52944771
Titanlands was a bust.
>>
>>52939595
None. They're all bad and I should do better. I cringe when I see most of them.
>>
File: 1485766420076.jpg (207KB, 368x651px) Image search: [Google]
1485766420076.jpg
207KB, 368x651px
>>52939682
!!!
THIS!
>>
File: 1493332568823.jpg (394KB, 718x421px) Image search: [Google]
1493332568823.jpg
394KB, 718x421px
>>52944867
>>
File: 1463890161384.jpg (174KB, 415x618px) Image search: [Google]
1463890161384.jpg
174KB, 415x618px
>>52944877
HUSBANDO CYOA WEHEEN!!
>>
File: 1492887531886.png (207KB, 800x797px) Image search: [Google]
1492887531886.png
207KB, 800x797px
>>52944867
>>52944877
>>52944888
Stop.
>>
>>52944832
I KNOW, DAMNIT.

;_;
>>
File: 1481867133932.jpg (125KB, 466x677px) Image search: [Google]
1481867133932.jpg
125KB, 466x677px
>>52944913
HOMOPHONE!
Or did you want more ;)?
>>
>>52944771
I don't think a single cyoa with multiple stats has ever been succesful in this post-minmax society of ours.
>>
>>52942151
>Patron Haint of Swords
>your waifu is now EMIYA
>>
File: 1467342686306.jpg (266KB, 561x660px) Image search: [Google]
1467342686306.jpg
266KB, 561x660px
>>52944913
>>
>>52944976
I should have vanquished it while i had the chance and just given everybody fetishes. That'd have won the day.
>>
>>52944977
I'm gonna BONE that SWORD
>>
>>52941150
Not that dude but That toho cyoa was one of the worst ive ever seen
>>
>>52944771
People are still trying to capture the magic of space refugee bro so be proud.

I actually really enjoyed Titanlands but I see why it did not work out as well. IMO part of why the fantasy rpg type cyoas don't do as well is because they are character creators that are very hard to self insert into. My favorite CYOAS give some dumb reason for me (IRL me) being there even when being human is off the table. For those cyoas that don't have this it is much easier to make something up for a scifi cyoa as it is in the future (I got cyo frozen is my personal fav).
>>
>>52944993
>>52944977
>yandere sword smith waifu
>puts her blood in her swords so you always have a piece of her
>typical yandere stuff
>because she is a demigoddess this grants your swords untold levels of power

like pottery
>>
>>52944771
I loved Titanlands, with the exception of the Titans. I felt if it was more like the Space Refuge planet where everyone fights against giant monsters it would have been A+.
>>
File: beauty and the beast bimbettes.png (1MB, 1099x619px) Image search: [Google]
beauty and the beast bimbettes.png
1MB, 1099x619px
Has there ever been a waifu cyoa except all the waifus are pairs of twins or triplets?
>>
File: 1493362105370.gif (932KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
1493362105370.gif
932KB, 400x265px
>>52940691
>once in a lifetime chance to get a genie
>overwhelming urge to make a Patron Haint of Shitposting
>>
>>52945018
Thanks man, means a lot. I think it really was stats that stopped it from taking off. Too much min-maxing for not particular reason took hold.
>>52945066
Eh, I enjoyed the Titans most of all personally, I like the living-god trope. Maybe In future if I make more I should make much smaller cyoa.
>>
>>52944976
Arguably Stardust has multiple stats, and was/is quite successful, but it is a different thing. There are others, like Monster Hunter that have some success, but I can't think of any that at least appeared to be as stat heavy as Titanlands.
>>52944982
You don't need the fetishes, it's just that tracking stats and thinking about them, it's distracting. I liked the idea of Titanlands, but the stats just took me out of it, and made me more indecisive, because I was having to decide between what would be more fun, and what would give me a mechanical bonus. I mean it's actually possible that I could pick options that would do both, but it's annoying to think about both when picking options.

If you want to include stats, I have to say the best thing you can do is not make multiple interactions for stats. Just give one page or so that lets you mess with them to some small extent, and maybe some equipment interactions. However the more interactions you have the more you end up thinking about them, and how they affect you, and less about what you want to do.
>>
>>52945002
Comments like this just make me laugh at this point. The amount of butthurt some of you people experience just from not having everything handed to you on a silver plate in a choice game is really absurd sometimes.
>>
>>52945135
Not him but that touhou cyoa was dissapointing foe multiple reasons.

1. Offering up to 2x the options depending on your skill in an obscure basket weaving eroge

2. Extremely fetishized to the extent that a major part of the cyoa was dedicated to redesigning Gensokyo to suit your fetishes.

3. You had to become the little girl or spend almost 50% of your points to become a boy.

The fetish shit bothered me most. Gensokyo is for cute and comfy, not sexual.
>>
File: 1493350439573m.jpg (28KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
1493350439573m.jpg
28KB, 1024x640px
Which cyoa is the spookiest?
>>
>>52944771
>>52944976
There was nothing wrong with the stats in Titanlands, and the min-max problems it has are really easy to fix:
>remove sacrifice
>multitools can't be multitooled
>instructions on how to convert the stats for chimeras
There you go, no more min-maxing.
>>
>>52939683
>look at this for the first time in months
>notice my companion was added
sometimes, those little surprises just make your day
>>
>>52945079
Stats reinforce that it is a character and not us. And of course who wants to be a foolish idiot (low int, wis) to play as that brawler we want to be.

You are learning your lessons (much faster than ordion I might add).
>>
File: 1340748564837.jpg (31KB, 192x220px) Image search: [Google]
1340748564837.jpg
31KB, 192x220px
>>52945175
>1. Offering up to 2x the options depending on your skill in an obscure basket weaving eroge
It didn't do this. Power tokens could only buy Powerlevels, which were near-worthless for non-combat builds.
>2. Extremely fetishized to the extent that a major part of the cyoa was dedicated to redesigning Gensokyo to suit your fetishes.
All of this was 100% optional.
>3. You had to become the little girl or spend almost 50% of your points to become a boy.
Do you even know where you are?
>The fetish shit bothered me most. Gensokyo is for cute and comfy, not sexual.
Thousands upon thousands of doujins would beg to differ. That aside, there were easy, obvious build paths avaliable that let you live out just want you wanted and you ignored them because you were triggered by sex in one of the most fan-sexualized franchises ever. I'm going to give you the benifit of the doubt and assume that you didn't really read it, rather than you simply didn't have the mental capacity to. This is why I can't take you people seriously.
>>
>>52940912
So question, does the pocket dimension allow the genie to render it a comfy time stop zone? Given she is a god and assuming she loves and adores her master, would she not be able to make it into a timeless paradise. Which is kind of nice if you are like me and picked a Marid ( so I can save this world) but also want to enjoy infinite magical joy. Thoughts?
>>
>>52945135
>Awful font and layout for maximum eye bleed
>Points based off of skill
>No sense of balance, some powers are so broken they let you get everything easy, while trying to earn anything fairly is nearly impossible
>Way too many super specific lewd powers
>Half of those lewd powers are pretty worthless even for lewd uses
>All the drawbacks are just headcannons for random animu girls
>>
>>52945200
While titanlands had rectifiable balance issues but that's not why it flopped. It was lacking a certain charisma that others had.
>>
>>52945129
I guess with CYOA just keeping stats on a short leash is the idea, like Stardust.
>>52945200
But thats so much effort!
>>52945216
Stats are too hard to worry about, fact.
>>
>>52945229
You could probably make that one of your wishes if her power level is high enough.
>>
File: 1492799593570.jpg (97KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492799593570.jpg
97KB, 520x600px
>>52945221
>powerlevels are useless in Touhou
Yeah, sure. Yukari is about as valuable and respected as a random villager for that reason.

>the lewd is optional
Doesn't change the fact that the majority of the cyoa was dedicated to it.

>the fanbase is degenerate so the cyoa should be too
/cyoag/ has better taste than the touhou fandom clearly. It's not because there are hundreds of spongebob sex comics that a spongebon cyoa should have a page dedicated to designing Mr Krab's crustacean cock.

>you don't have the mental capacity to understand why this shit I smeared on my canvas is art
Sure, buddy.
>>
File: 1492330790840.png (20KB, 92x101px) Image search: [Google]
1492330790840.png
20KB, 92x101px
>>52945221
>Powerlevels don't matter for non-combat builds
>The lewd was only optional
>>
>>52945273
I've seen you use that same image at least three times in these threads, please stop using it. I don't want to know who you are when you post.
>>
>>52945237
>>Awful font and layout for maximum eye bleed
I'll accept it.
>>Points based off of skill
Anyone who feels capable of accomplishing anything in life would find this interesting rather than purely detrimental.
>>No sense of balance, some powers are so broken they let you get everything easy, while trying to earn anything fairly is nearly impossible
I honestly can't even imagine what you mean by this, unless you mean the fact that people can pick thier own special ability.
>>Way too many super specific lewd powers
You mean the roughly 1+1/2 sections that complrise less than a third of the cyoa?
>>Half of those lewd powers are pretty worthless even for lewd uses
I wanted people to have to work for sex unless they took doujin. Probably a mistake, I'll admit.
>>All the drawbacks are just headcannons for random animu girls
It not only made sense in context, but there aren't really many other means of putting drawbacks in to a world like that that wouldn;t trigger people even more.
>>
>>52945273
>Doesn't change the fact that the majority of the cyoa was dedicated to it.
Which is irrelevant. It's optional, therefore it's irrational to be bothered by it.
>>
>>52945079
>Too much min-maxing for not particular reason took hold
Probably. There's a single text block to establish context for what the different numbers mean. So then you are offered a life-shaking choice of putting 0.5 into either Endurance or Perception and it's not really clear what the actual benefits are. Also, decimals.

It might have worked better if there had been larger explanation about what various amounts of stats do, but I think at that point you are spending a lot of time making a really complex system that doesn't actually add all that much.

Making stats into number is great for games because that means it's easy to allow rules interactions with them. Since you don't actually use the numbers for anything, it would possibly work better if it was replaced with perk system or something, so instead of putting points into stats that are somewhat meaningless, you would pick choices like 'Strong as an Ox', 'Diplomat' and drawbacks like 'Blind as a Bat'. So that would be someone with high Str and Cha but low Per. The difference is that it already describes the character and thus breaths life into it. Also you no longer need to keep track of decimals.
>>
File: 1493365056720.jpg (34KB, 370x699px) Image search: [Google]
1493365056720.jpg
34KB, 370x699px
>>52945300
No one wants to know who I am.
>>
File: Vampirism.png (2MB, 800x4200px) Image search: [Google]
Vampirism.png
2MB, 800x4200px
CYOA!
>>
File: Werewolf.png (1MB, 900x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Werewolf.png
1MB, 900x3000px
>>52945311
>>
File: angry-michelle.jpg (26KB, 290x250px) Image search: [Google]
angry-michelle.jpg
26KB, 290x250px
>>52945304
>I'm going to shit on a plate and serve it to you, you don't have to eat it so you're not allowed to get angry with me
>>
>>52944982
Objectively correct way to win our hearts.
>>
>>52945329
Yes.
There being a plate that has shit somewhere should not get you riled up. It would be insane if it did.
>>
File: Troll+Hunter_1.png (2MB, 1000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Troll+Hunter_1.png
2MB, 1000x3000px
>>52945323
more monsters
>>
>>52945301
>Anyone who feels capable of accomplishing anything in life would find this interesting rather than purely detrimental.
>Waaaah I don't suck you must just be a NEET
No anon, its just using a weeb game no one plays as a metric for points is retarded.

>I honestly can't even imagine what you mean by this, unless you mean the fact that people can pick thier own special ability.
The ability to completely dictate the very minds of god level characters on a whim, something you put in.

>You mean the roughly 1+1/2 sections that complrise less than a third of the cyoa?
You say a third like that's not a lot

>I wanted people to have to work for sex unless they took doujin. Probably a mistake, I'll admit.
First, as you've pretty much made clear, most people are expected to take the lewd options, because the only real way to play other wise is to play some obscure bullethell, secondly, it's not working for sex, it's dumb shit like "You can freeze time to touch a very specific part of a woman, but if you touch something else you die"

>but there aren't really many other means of putting drawbacks
Yeah, there are. You're just not creative.
>>
File: Troll+Hunter_2.png (2MB, 1000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Troll+Hunter_2.png
2MB, 1000x3000px
>>52945345
>>
>>52945221
Argument that because there's lots of porn about something, every future work about that thing should include porn is dumb and you are dumb for making it.

Also, just because it's optional doesn't change the fact that it's there. Right in the middle of everything. I kinda wanted to link it to couple other people and took a look at it again and decided that I didn't want to show around instructions on how many points it costs to molest your toho.

Having to pay for gender choice is a bit weird too but that at least makes sense based on the subject and basically every cyoa makes you pay if you want to be a girl, so whatever.
>>
File: 1446091139129.jpg (62KB, 516x339px) Image search: [Google]
1446091139129.jpg
62KB, 516x339px
>>52945273
>Yeah, sure. Yukari is about as valuable and respected as a random villager for that reason.
Yukari is important because of her ability, not her skill at danmaku. Real combat almost never happens in Touhou.
>Doesn't change the fact that the majority of the cyoa was dedicated to it.
1+1/2 sections out of five are dedicated to it, and they're two of the shortest ones. I needn't even address the rest of your non-arguments, as this seems to the the incredibly silly basis for all of your griping. It's seriously amazing to me that somebody like you, who doesn't even understand the basic concepts of the franchise, would feel too invested in it to let it be "sullied" with sex, a sentiment that by itself is insane and childish when applied to anything, let alone a series about bitchy anime girls.

>>52945281
?
>>
File: Troll+Hunter_3.png (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Troll+Hunter_3.png
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>52945354
>>
>>52945255
So my follow up is what power does she really have over her pocket dimension, is it just changing the scenary or can she create incredible bounty? She is nigh omnipotent in the pocket dimension, and if its greater then the single room, then she should have more time magic power, hence my previous question. I dont want to burn a Marid wish if she essentially has all that power in her pocket dimension already.
>>
File: Troll+cyoa_1.jpg (554KB, 780x2340px) Image search: [Google]
Troll+cyoa_1.jpg
554KB, 780x2340px
>>52945345
>>52945354
>>52945373
Oops wrong one.
>>
>>52945333
I'll do it anon, I'm crazy, those Owl triplets won't orgy themselves!
>>
>>52945360
>?
You can't both say that lewd was "only optional" while also saying how it's fine that it's impossible to make a good build without playing because that only matters for combat builds, because that makes it a whole less optional of a choice.
Well I mean you can, but you'll only look stupider than you already do.
>>
File: Troll+cyoa_2.jpg (593KB, 780x2340px) Image search: [Google]
Troll+cyoa_2.jpg
593KB, 780x2340px
>>52945378
>>
File: 1493317231416.jpg (44KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493317231416.jpg
44KB, 600x600px
>>52945360
>powerlevels don't matter
>yukari is only important because of her power
>>
>>52941027
I think NEET dragon was ok mechanically, don't know if it was 'balanced' or not but there were sorta interesting choices and the idea that you start by picking your giant treasure pile was nice. It's just the subject matter didn't really work out, at least for me.

Hey, have infinite cosmic power. Oh, you are still a loser. In fact, you are some kind of superloser, how can you be this terrible, holy shit.
Then you pick stuff that just reinforces this.

It's like you have to go and pick which belt your dad will beat you with. Technically you have a choice and agency but honestly, all the choices are bad and you would rather not make any.
>>
File: 1493200121641.jpg (77KB, 460x628px) Image search: [Google]
1493200121641.jpg
77KB, 460x628px
>>52945427
I literally had nightmares involving my parents telling me how worthless I am the night after NEETdragon was released.
>>
>>52945350
>No anon, its just using a weeb game no one plays as a metric for points is retarded.
If nobody cares about it, then why do you even care about the CYOA?

>The ability to completely dictate the very minds of god level characters on a whim, something you put in.
HCP only lets you make them act according to fandom personalities, not mind control them.
>First, as you've pretty much made clear, most people are expected to take the lewd options, because the only real way to play other wise is to play some obscure bullethell
Again, the basis of the CYOA in question. Powerlevel builds are doable with 0 power tokens anyway.
>Yeah, there are. You're just not creative.
Name some that wouldn't piss off either comfyfags, powerfags, or lewdfags. I tried to appeal to all of you and got nothing but REEing for my troubles anyway, I highly doubt that you could do better.
>>52945358
Jesus fucking christ, this is it, isn't it? It's really just because you can't handle lewd things? What is this website coming to?
>>52945384
Again, powerlevel builds are doable with 0 power tokens.
>>52945427
I don't want to insult you since you phrased things nicely, but if you were really put off by the small amount of self-depreciating humour then you probably have some real confidence problems, to the point of being an extreme monority. Perhaps less of a minority in this place, true, but my vision is my vision and I can't please everyone.
>>
>>52945479
But you pleased no one...
>>
Version 1.0 of Dream of Genie will be complete for the next thread. Unfortunately, that will probably be the end of updates for the next two or so weeks.

>>52943733
Good luck!

>>52943875
That's planned for later versions, but I don't know when they'll come out. Definitely not within the next two weeks.

>>52944291
I've rewritten the description to hopefully be less obtuse, but yes, it's a slang term as explained in >>52944368, >>52944390.

>>52944747
I got the idea a little over a month ago when I was lurking and saw someone float the idea of a genie cyoa. I've been working on it on and off in between other real life work and would sometimes leave it alone for a week at a time, so I don't actually have a good answer for that.

>>52945374
Depends on her powerlevel. Inside the pocket dimension, she is nigh-omnipotent, but none of that magic can transfer out of the vessel. So what she could probably do alter your perception of time while inside, though the outside world would keep on turning. For a truer time stop, you'd either need a Domestic Goddess to set up the rewind thing ahead of time and combine that with your altered perception in the pocket dimension, or make a wish from the PCP. But completely stopping time would likely make the Powers That Be pretty upset with you.

>>52945374
You would have to use your Marid wish to be able to transfer magic from the inside of the vessel to the outside, but because of Pure of Heart you'd also need to find a way to do it that benefits everyone. It's probably easier to have "time slow" instead of "time stop" and do it with careful use of a Domestic Goddess or a "time" Patron Haint.
>>
>>52945501
Because all of you have reading comprehension difficulties, feel extremely threatened when judged even lightly on skills that have no bearing on anything real, or posess the typical immature mindset of finding sexy things somehow cheap or derogatory with no real basis in logic whist being amidst one of the most sexually deviant websites playing a choice game for one of the most sexually deviant fandoms ever; yes.
>>
File: logh_maniefsto.jpg (93KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
logh_maniefsto.jpg
93KB, 400x305px
>>52945479
>If nobody cares about it, then why do you even care about the CYOA?
Well for a lot of people they would want to play it even if they don't care about the source game, but for me I only care because you're acting like a little baby that people are pointing out how you made something that was pretty shit.

>HCP only lets you make them act according to fandom personalities, not mind control them.
>HCP: Works like HCB
>HCB: "According to your own interpretations"

>Again, the basis of the CYOA in question
Oh, but anon, I thought all these Lewd options were optional, and only took up less than a third? If the basis of it all was for lewd than you failed in that regard too.
>Powerlevel builds are doable with 0 power tokens anyway.
Not very well though, you're still massively gimped, and gimped only for not having played a random video game.

>Name some that wouldn't piss off either comfyfags, powerfags, or lewdfags
No every option is meant to be for everyone. You make drawbacks that some people like and others dislike, because they think it's not worth it. Some options lewdfags will hate, some they won't mind. It's really not that complex and I shouldn't be explaining this to you.
>>
>>52945323
Gonna need more points for that one :(
>>
>>52945479
I enjoyed the 2hu CYOA but maybe it's a bit self serving because I like comfylewd builds and I got enough bonus points to get a position as a God of comfylewd.
>>
File: 65291331.jpg (36KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
65291331.jpg
36KB, 500x333px
>>52945531
>>
>>52945537
>I only care because you're acting like a little baby that people are pointing out how you made something that was pretty shit.
Literally every "criticism" that people have made, aside from the one about visual design, have been due to >>52945531 .

>According to your own interpretations
I don't know why I'm trying to argue with people who can;t read. A character interpretation is not something that you can consciously control on a whim; you see them how you see them. You can;t "choose" to see them in a way that magically benefits you.
>Oh, but anon, I thought all these Lewd options were optional, and only took up less than a third? If the basis of it all was for lewd than you failed in that regard too.
I was referring to the part where you said "because the only real way to play other wise is to play some obscure bullethell". Again, It's unbelievable that you can act so smug while have the reading comprehension of a toddler.
>random video game.
The "obscure, random video game that nobody cares about" that is again, for the final time, the entire basis of the cyoa.
>No every option is meant to be for everyone. You make drawbacks that some people like and others dislike, because they think it's not worth it. Some options lewdfags will hate, some they won't mind. It's really not that complex and I shouldn't be explaining this to you.
Oh, look. No examples. Great work Raphael.
>>52945574
Great argument.
>>
>>52945574
What a shit version of this meme.
>memegenerator logo
>text covering the face
>it's supposed to say "the children are wrong"
>>
>>52945590
His arguments are so shit I couldn't summon up the effort to post a decent meme.
>>
/tg/ pro-tip

Don't argue with the lesbians.
>>
File: Damage Control.png (126KB, 399x194px) Image search: [Google]
Damage Control.png
126KB, 399x194px
>>52945589
>>
>>52945618
Is Angel here?
>>
>>52945619
Thank god you've finally given up. Try picking up a book sometime, or better yet, don't bother to express your opinions in any form more commital than a shitpost again because you'll just be destroyed no matter what argument your eternally teenage mind struggles to produce.
>>
>>52945531
There's a bit of self-deprecating humor where the narrator enjoys messing around with you, and then there's starting with your cyoa with the premise that anon is so pathetic his useless existence managed to thwart a guaranteed divine ascension turning him into a literal cosmic joke.

If you do the latter and people dislike your cyoa, don't be surprised.
>>
File: 1491587562408.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491587562408.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>52945589
>A character interpretation is not something that you can consciously control on a whim
Interpret: to construe or understand in a particular way.
>"because the only real way to play other wise is to play some obscure bullethell"
Then guess what? People are going to point out it's a bit shit because of it. Look at good CYOAs. I'll give you a minute.
Notice how say Stardust doesn't award points for how many years you were in the navy for? Maybe, just maybe there's a reason for that.

Now I might even say is was brave of you to try something new and unique, however a smart person would have accepted that their unique idea didn't work and move on. You however need to REE in the night because you made shit and people pointed it out to you.

>Oh, look. No examples. Great work Raphael.
>Great argument
Really seems you're not so good at that reading thing either, you couldn't even read your own work to see how you used a 'non-argument' yourself there freindo.
>>
File: 1493356901511.png (48KB, 924x560px) Image search: [Google]
1493356901511.png
48KB, 924x560px
>>52945654
Tell that fool how this place works, my nakama. He should be grateful you didn't strike him down with your silver tongue that's been folded 1000 times.
>>
>>52945662
I just closed the cyoa and opened my copy of Dragon King so it was all good. No need to complain just move on from bad cyoas.
>>
>>52945654
>Make retarded baby CYOA
>People make fun of it
>No one posts it because it's trash
>Vaguepost that no one liked your shit
>People ask what it is
>vaguepost some more until your finally forced to say it
>People point out it was shit
>Get mad
>People try to explain why it wasn't good
>Ignore
>act smug when people get fed up and start memeposting
Anon learn to take criticism. If you had an ounce of humility none of this would have happened.
>>
>>52945654
Are you the Dragon NEET author? Because if so this really makes you look bad, as someone who hasn't read it and has no opinion either way. No matter what an anon says about your CYOA, or no matter how dumb they seem, it makes you look really immature to argue and insult them as the author. It'll give you a bad reputation and no one will want to deal with you. If a criticism is dumb, addressing it politely or not at all will only make you look better, and if its valid arguing like that will just make it look worse.
>>
>>52945708
Had to check post history but your version of events checks out.

Author should not bitch that his stuff is unpopular and then Angrily defend it when people say what they did not like. The popularity speaks for itself if that is the metric they want to use.

I might add that for the touhou and neetdragon cyoas I too did not like the power level bonuses or the into to the neetdragon cyoa. I don't think these were wrong but I did not like it and did not play it.
>>
File: Royal Guardian 01.png (6MB, 1400x6300px) Image search: [Google]
Royal Guardian 01.png
6MB, 1400x6300px
>>
File: Royal Guardian 02.jpg (8MB, 1400x6000px) Image search: [Google]
Royal Guardian 02.jpg
8MB, 1400x6000px
>>52945805
>>
How do you feel about getting identity raped in a cyoa?
>>
File: Royal Guardian 03.png (4MB, 1400x3500px) Image search: [Google]
Royal Guardian 03.png
4MB, 1400x3500px
>>52945816
>>
>>52945817
Depends if it is permanent and the setting.

I would be down to get my ass to mars though.
>>
File: Troll Hunter 04.png (2MB, 1000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Hunter 04.png
2MB, 1000x3000px
>>52945373
>>
>>52945589
>>52945668
Oh, and seeing as how you needed me to make your CYOA better, here's some random drawbacks that took me like a minute to make

>Chuuni mode: No magic but the girls all pretend there is, all your powers are just how they imagine you

It's fun, the only people who won't pick it are powerfags, it adds a whole new dimension to the entire game, and waifufags might even prefer it.

>Jetlag: You're powers don't come at first. You gain a power level every six months, until you reach your maximum.
This allows people to squeeze a few more points out on the condition that they're going to be weak and vulnerable at first.

>Mortality: Removed the agelessness of characters, you and you're cartoon waifu will be forced to suffer the trails of time
For waifufags this might be too much, having to watch their waifus grow old, and powerfags might not like it, but old school powergamers will like it

>Villain Mode: Tons of points, because you'll need them to beat all these animus, there will only be peace when all who oppose you perish
This is for the powerfags who don't care about not having their waifu and also want power that runs deeper than magic
>>
>>52945345
So two bit version of Buffy?
>>
>>52945777
I just want to say that I for one really liked NEETdragon. Touhou not so much.
>>
>>52945817
I honestly don't know what that means.
Raped by someone pretending to be someone else?
Some one stealing my identity and pretending to be me?
Losing my identity in the sense I don't know who I am?
I guess I wouldn't be a huge fan of that last one just because it raises the whole question of who a person is, especially if it's a permanent thing.
>>
>>52945853
I have nothing against NEETdragon, but joke cyoas are unlikely to get a build from me (even in my head).

I read through it had a silent giggle or two and moved on.
>>
>>52945708
Nothing here is a salient point. You could accuse any non-accepting response to criticism as this version of events. Getting so asshurt that your terrible, misunderstanding-born criticisms were criticized is the definition of irony as well.

>>52945742
I shouldn't have done it, but I'm too used to defending myself, I suppose. The actual, correct response is to smugpost like SDA because there no real point in even treating these people as human, but you have a point.

>>52945842
>Chuuni mode: No magic but the girls all pretend there is, all your powers are just how they imagine you
Many people complained that I changed things too much, so nope.
>>Jetlag: You're powers don't come at first. You gain a power level every six months, until you reach your maximum.
That's fair.
>>Mortality: Removed the agelessness of characters, you and you're cartoon waifu will be forced to suffer the trails of time
Not bad, but I really, really doubt that anyone would take it.
>>Villain Mode: Tons of points, because you'll need them to beat all these animus, there will only be peace when all who oppose you perish
This is a legitimately good idea. Too bad that we still only have two drawbacks out of the many necessary. I may have underestimated you somewhat, though unless you can actually make a CYOA then I still "win" by default.

I must go to bed now, anyway. Feel free to claim that I'm running, I don't care anymore. Maybe I'll learn my lesson this time.
>>
>>52945856
I am not sure either. I think it means forcefully altering your personality.
>>
>>52945874
>there no real point in even treating these people as human
>I still "win" by default.

And you wonder why people don't like you.
>>
>>52945856
>Losing my identity in the sense I don't know who I am?
This is my fetish.
>>
File: Troll 03.jpg (573KB, 780x2340px) Image search: [Google]
Troll 03.jpg
573KB, 780x2340px
>>52945392
>>
>>52945941
I know that feel bro.
>>
File: Troll 04.jpg (567KB, 780x2340px) Image search: [Google]
Troll 04.jpg
567KB, 780x2340px
>>52945944
>>
>>52945874
Just gotta say dam you are a jerk. Other anon is a jerk too but I hope for more from authors.
>>
>>52940691
Ifrit: Proud and hot and energetic
Rebellious princess: For even more proud
Excited: So very proud and haughty, but even happier to put herself below me.

Curvy: For lewds.
Barefoot: Not sure if Ifits can also do 'pregnant', but I'm going to give it a go.
Wrist bangles: A classic.
Chinese dress: Very fancy and pretty
Glorified Jewelery: Also for lewds.

Courtesan, Life of the Party: Make my life fun.

Crystal ball: Offers a powerful perk that could be quite useful when the unspecified bad stuff begins to happen. Might be able to cheat at cross-lotto.
Cramped but cozy: Just can't afford the points for a bigger interior. She'll just have to spend her time awake outside and draped around me.

Domestic Goddess. I don't have a clear theme for Patron Haint, and Magical Girl just isn't a real genie.

Love potion: Seems like a good idea for long-term compatability.
Lust potion: Free. And fun.
Foresight: Free
Magical Realm: This way we both have fun.
Bonus Bottle (empty): Keeping this handy. Just in case.

No pitfalls or interlopers. I don't need more complication in my life.
>>
>>52945874
>The actual, correct response is to smugpost like SDA
Lots of people hate SDA for that, and also SDA has earned the right to be as smug as he is. Not to mention more often than not when SDA smugposts its either completely meaningless shitposts or it's after he's explained something in extreme detail but one person is mad that his favorite ship got nerfed.

>Many people complained that I changed things too much, so nope
I think they complained more about how you did it specifically, and I'm sure both fans of the series and not would have been fine with it. It's not forced on them, and some might find it cute and fun.

>Not bad, but I really, really doubt that anyone would take it.
There are people in this very thread who didn't pick the genie that grants immorality

> though unless you can actually make a CYOA then I still "win" by default.
Not only does that not make sense, because at the end of the day your work is still shit, and I was still able to come up with more creative ideas than you, but anon, what makes you think I haven't made a cyoa
>>
File: 1493311882621.png (92KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1493311882621.png
92KB, 240x240px
>>52945874
>unless you can actually make a cyoa, I win by default
>>
>>52945817
Joke's on the cyoa, I already identify as rape
>>
>>52945742
>Dragon NEET

The what now?
>>
>>52945805
>tfw realise Princess Alys is the obigatory pure dindu nuthin choice
>tfw want to protect her anyway

I'm so torn
>>
>>52939969
I remember that. I remember you thinking it was okay to include a doctor who raped her unconscious patients.
>>
>>52946194
...what's the story here?

Did I miss something because I'm almost certain that isn't a thing in the CYOA I know
>>
>>52941006
Go ahead and ask, there's no way I'm awake at your timezone so just post it and I'll respond at a later time.
>>
>>52946206
One of the waifus was a doctor who got fired for molesting patients while they were knocked-out. She was
>>
>>52946238
Huh.
>>
>>52946194
Are you implying it isn't ok?
>>
>>52946353
Look man, if a hot doctor's gonna rape me, I'd rather be conscious for it.
>>
>>52946183
>be spymaster
>seduce all queens and princesses
Only way to win.
>>
New thread:
>>52946429
>>
>>52940852
Sorry, what is Broken Facade exactly?
Do I go crazy or something?
>>
>>52940852
I'm a simpleton. How does Extra Bottle and it's X points work exactly and is it actually one of the interlopers on page 4 or do we design a second Genie?
>>
>>52941313
>It's not like it's her only fetish. It's just her favorite, and sometimes she'll get just disgustingly into it.
Incompatible sex lives is one of the leading causes of divorce and is a perfectly reasonable, understood and acceptable reason.

Even if you agree on most things, scat, watersports, dead baby rape or even hand holding can easily be the thing that make or breaks a relationship.
>>
>>52946495
Saya no Uta
>>
>>52941153
Sounds alright, though lacks space feudalism
>>
>>52940691
Jeannie
Weird Science
Exited
Curvy
Heart Pupils
Headlights
Modern
Glorified Jewelry
Housewife
Courtesan
Ring
Itty bitty
Magical Girlfriend
Love Potion
Lust Potion
Magical Realm
No Misunderstandings
Friend Upstairs
Guardian Spirit
Minor PsychIc Link
Minor Shapeshifting
Short Circut
No fucking interlopers, deal with your own problems.
Companionship
>>
>>52943743
IF you start to get stuck ask for help here and someone will help even if it takes time for them to respond. Good luck! I'll even help you prettify it.
>>
>>52945941
It's good to know I'm not alone in this bucket of degeneracy.
>>
>>52945185
Jesus Christ nigga I know you spoilered that but fuck, gimme a warning will ya! That shit made me go from unspooped to realizing there is a skeleton inside you
>>
>>52944291
>>
>>52945074
I don't think so.
>>
>>52945511
Would you post a link or the image for overkill please? Can't find it with a reverse image search.
>>
>>52941027
Personally I think they both had a lot of potential and the layouts weren't terrible but could use a little work. The more you make the better you'll get. I wouldn't call them terrible by any means.

Not all whiny feedback and bitching is bad. Lots of people don't know how to give constructive criticism here and many authors don't know how to take it.
Thread posts: 423
Thread images: 87

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.