[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about Stranger Things? I finished it a week ago and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 960.jpg (76KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
76KB, 960x540px
Can we talk about Stranger Things? I finished it a week ago and can't stop thinking about it.

Is there RPG potential in this? I feel like you could maybe do a CoC game or the like flavored this way. Or is too much of it tied to the TV medium?
>>
>>52921054
No, fuck you for bringing this up, and fuck anyone who brings up the kickstart rpg, and fuck anyone that replies to this thread without saging.

Theoretically we could have interesting discussion about it, but Stranger Things, for whatever reason, has turned into one of those series we can't talk about without bullshit ensuing, such as Steven Universe, JoJo, and Kill Six Billion Demons.
>>
>>52921054
>Or is too much of it tied to the TV medium?
Too much of it is tied to waifu-faggotry and
>muh 90s nostalgia
as experienced by people born past 2001.
>>
>>52921054
I would say yes. You could easily run a WoD/CoD or CoC game out of it.
>>
>>52921054
When adapting any sort of media to the tabletop, you need to ask yourself a very important question. Is there anything to do outside of what the main characters accomplish?
>>
>>52921115

...for real? I avoided earlier threads about it because I didn't want to get spoiled, but I didn't get Netflix until recently, so I'm playing catchup on a lot of things. What are people having a fit about usually? Is it the whole Barb thing?
>>
>>52921054
It's super tabletop-ish since it's a greatest hits album of the best moments in 80s cinema.
>>
>>52921054

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkOMAQAcBKE
>>
>>52921336
It's just some grognard going "wah wah normies like it so it must be trash". Ignore him. It can be appreciated on its merits.
>>
>>52921054
OP

There was literally

An RPG in it

With an entire plot piece

Being that they realized the setup the RPG campaign

Was the current situation

How the shit

Is that not somehow RPG material
>>
>>52921336
Whenever we have a thread like this we usually bring up an RPG that is quite literally a carbon copy of ST in tabletop format, even mentioning it on their funding page. The problems occur when we bring up the SJW issue, as we always do, and at this point I'm just sick of the argument itself regardless of who's side you're on.
>>
I didnt really care for this show, I thought it was boring, ill paced and over acted. The idea of another dimension is sort of interesting, 11 sucked.
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (6MB, 480x236px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
6MB, 480x236px
>>52921415

I have no idea what RPG you're talking about. I guess I'm really out of the loop here.

>>52921413

I totally recognize how they used it as a framing device
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.