[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do all those "hunt monsters, cook their meat, eat s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 34

File: 103462c3f4cf2b008af5fce39412a0c4.jpg (152KB, 798x1046px) Image search: [Google]
103462c3f4cf2b008af5fce39412a0c4.jpg
152KB, 798x1046px
How do all those "hunt monsters, cook their meat, eat said meat" concepts not get BTFO by the fact that the best-tasting, best-textured meats come from domesticated animals which are bred for the best meats?

The best beefs in the world come from docile cows eugenics'd to have great meat. They don't move around much (despite being allowed to roam freely), so their muscles don't get lean. They're pampered to minimize stress levels, because stress fucks up the taste of meat. And they're slaughtered peacefully, because dying while scared makes the meat taste terrible: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/why-animals-that-died-scared-taste-bad

Big predators have lean muscles, and they sure as hell live in stressful environments. Their meat is going to taste like shit, especially if they die scared because some asshole is killing them violently.
>>
Because realism is irrelevant if it gets in the way of fun, you fucking moron.

It's a goddamn fantasy world. Demanding it adheres to real world logic directly to the detriment of the premise is completely ludicrous.
>>
Because it doesn't need to taste good. Hunter-gatherers survived for millenia without domesticated animals.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oTSGz34KNg
>>
File: 1479325187695.jpg (593KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479325187695.jpg
593KB, 1280x720px
>>52904152
Because it's a fantasy world and creator fiat can dictate what tastes the best.
>>
>>52904152
because my shitty animes and mangos don't make any sense and i'm such a weeb dude XD!
>>
>>52904152
You should see someone for your crippling autism. Remember to blink so you can store their face in your short term memory.
>>
>>52904152
WRONG. Dumb cheetos dust tendies eating hot pocket, American. WRONG! You've never tasted game birds or wild deer. Just kill yourself while jacking off to ja/ck/ videos. Kys.
>>
File: 1478046984790.png (87KB, 400x390px) Image search: [Google]
1478046984790.png
87KB, 400x390px
>>52904289
As an American I can rightly say that Wild Deer is quite literally the best meat I've ever had.
>>
>>52904289
Game birds and wild deer are prey animals or low-tier predators at best. They're not, like, rhinos.
>>
>>52904152
>How do all those "hunt monsters, cook their meat, eat said meat" concepts not get BTFO by the fact that the best-tasting, best-textured meats come from domesticated animals which are bred for the best meats?

...but wild animal hunted meat tastes perfectly okay, and in some cases delicious? Like, this is some pretty wellknown stuff, entire restaurants make a living off game meat, so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about?
>>
>>52904152
Because weebs are simple minded creatures and they (or their grazing medium) can only hold one "novel" idea in their head at a time.
>>
>>52904289
Yelling wrong about things I'm right about doesn't change the fact that culinary experts all understand as a basic truth of meat that the best tasting food has been eugenically bred for that purpose
>>
>>52904289
Fucking illiterate Alabaman. Missourian here, have eaten more than my fair share of wild deer (both local small and larger in the plains) and farm raised cattle (real stuff, a little around here and more a little west and south). The farm cattle is decidedly better meat. You may have a taste for deer as a flavor, that doesn't mean it's better. Generally the parts in the venison you don't just grind or make stew meat from are what would be the extremely good parts of beef. Deer is simply going to be tougher as a rule, and the taste is not for everyone.

That said I do love it, and it's very obvious that a monster woukd have ubique flavors of its own. I'd venture that both the danger and mystique surrounding the meat would make the meat prized and may make the meal better on psychology alone (though not necessarily the meat).
>>
>>52904298
wild caribou > wild deer

I don't know if they make it to the burger end of the rockies, though.
>>
>>52904152
I dunno, squirrel meat is pretty amazing in stews.

It's just a pain in the ass chasing them down, because I'm a terrible shot with everything and humans were not meant to catch squirrels with out bare hands.
>>
Look, I get that you're the Imperial Chef, but I'm only going to explain this once so that we are clear. Yes, your fois gras and your Kobe beef are excellent, truly excellent, better than some mangy t-Rex steak, but we have to keep eating it. Why? Because monsters are dangerous and hunting and killing them is expensive and risky. So we, that is to say the upper class, pay handsomely for dragon meat, behemoth burgers, and dire wolf prime rib because adventurers need armor and weapons and potions and all that shit and it's cheaper to reward fortune seeking mercenaries than it is to pay salaries to professionals who will only ever run calculated risks. So the Grand Duke is going to choke down this Manticore filet with a smile even if it is gamer, and any noble who can't afford to serve it is going to be ostracized and mocked for not being fashionable. We will continue to pay vast prices to stock our larders with monster meat because it serves so many functions, and you, sir chef, will have the maid a neak my fois gras up to my study under a platter without any further fuss. Do you understand?
>>
Except that's wrong.
>>
>>52904152
The best tasting meat I've ever had is elk steaks in a cherry glaze though. They sure weren't domesticated when I had to go to northern Saskatchewan to hunt them since we can't import elk meat to the US.
>>
File: shrimp.jpg (408KB, 1200x632px) Image search: [Google]
shrimp.jpg
408KB, 1200x632px
Somethin' dawned on me when I was on my own: any food you make tastes better when you use good ingredients, right? Then, if you take something already delicious like Cup Noodles and add in the finest, freshest ingredients, what do you get? The ultimate flavor experience!

So I ask you, /tg/: what's your favorite ingredient?
>>
>>52904666
Nice try Satan, I'm onto your evil cooking plot to corrupt Mario Vittalli and Gordon Ramsey.
>>
Roleplaying has never been a generally serious or high-effort activity. Most people in the community rip off popular media on some capacity.

Furthermore, not everyone who enjoys things you don't must necessarily be an ignorant idiot who is simply unaware of why he shouldn't. If you were that concerned with realism or verisimilitude, you probably wouldn't have joined a campaign based on dungeon meshi. If someone did, do you think showing them this post would compel them to drop it?

And with your picture you may as well have "my taste is shit" tattooed in your forehead
>>
>>52904661
or you could have gone hunting elk in any of the northern US rocky mountain regions because elk roam thouands of square miles in the US.
>>
>>52904779
Also they've been reintroduced to the appalachians
>>
>>52904821
nice, i can go east now. rockies are getting pretty boring after 22 years.
>>
>>52904298
Truth
>>
>>52904152
I'm still not eating your tail, Tooru.
>>
File: Toriko_-_02.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Toriko_-_02.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
>>52904152
Fuckin' gourmet cells.
>>
File: dungeon-meshi-6160807.jpg (164KB, 728x1036px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon-meshi-6160807.jpg
164KB, 728x1036px
While humane killing is a good thing to use for your domesticated meats, there's just something about wild caught animals that is rather delicious. I mean just look at the delicious meal you can prepare out of some simple treasure bugs. Why let that go to waste?
>>
>>52904952
I miss Toriko
>>
File: 1490495084946.png (70KB, 450x329px) Image search: [Google]
1490495084946.png
70KB, 450x329px
>all these hillbillies who think tough and gamey meat tastes better than some Black Angus or Wagyu
>>
>>52904152
Dragons lay around most of the time, living mostly stress free because they're lazy fat fucks. Their meat may be lean, but if they're especially magical, they may not even realy much on physical strength, meaning less muscles.
>>
File: dragon tail steak.jpg (364KB, 1000x768px) Image search: [Google]
dragon tail steak.jpg
364KB, 1000x768px
>>52905912
Which is exactly why you should try dragon tail steak.
>>
>>52904929

But she went out of her way to de-poison it for you
>>
>>52904152
What? Game meat is amazing, are you high?
>>
How does it not hurt like a bitch to cut off a chunk of your own tail, even if it grows back real fast?
>>
>>52904152
In my experience, it's because hunted meat has had a chance to escape. For me, it's the knowledge that I killed my dinner with smarts and a bow, rather than some overfed livestock led ignorantly to the slaughterhouse. It's kind of a spiritual thing I guess. Well, that and elk makes some damn good sausage.
>>
>>52904152
I'm an adventurer, not some pampered noble cunt. I could by my own castle and an army of servants, but I choose to buy a better sword and sleep in my cloak.

Also, given that these are medieval times, cattle breeding won't have come as far, and meat from wild animals tastes just fine unless you're pampered and decadent, there's no reason not to cook and eat the monsters you slay.
>>
>>52905699
No, but game birbs are better than any birb you'll find in a store. Black bear is p. good, Elk is great, and wild hog is great.

Also snake and squirrel are actually both really good. I've never been to Alaska before, so I never had a chance to try for Caribou, but I hear good things.
>>
>>52905699
The taste is not "better" but deeper, fat and lazy meat has better mouth-feel, more glutinous, more consistent quality so it's easier to reach a good result and flavour pairing each time.
>>
>>52904152
Because the flesh of magical beasts is full of magicalness, which is delicious.

You could also eat the wizard but that would be cannibalism and so I wouldn't recomend it.
>>
>>52905699
Except the superiority of wagyu beef is a result of their genetic isolation and use as work animals and breeding for that purpose. So OP is wrong anyway.
>>
File: K made a mistake.png (175KB, 1210x1016px) Image search: [Google]
K made a mistake.png
175KB, 1210x1016px
>>52904570
>>
>>52904152
Counter point : wild boar meat is absurdly delicious
>>
>>52904152
Have you never had seal, whale, moose, crocodile or bear?
They are delicious creatures
>>
>>52904152
This trend is from Japan an as we all know: those oriental fellows will eat ANything
>>
File: 1439951343441.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1439951343441.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>52904152
>I never ate game: The Post
>>
>>52905699
>It is impossible for people to have different food preferences and find different things tasty
I'm not even American and I fucking hate veal, despite it being supposedly superior meat. The texture is similar to eating jello and it's hard to cook without turning it into mush.
Meanwhile, I love rabbits, even if that's almost nothing but bones and a bit of muscles. Literally best meat ever.
I also love Polish tripe soup, while English needs a loan-word to even describe the thing.

What now? You're going to sue me or something?
>>
>>52906185
But that's exactly what the OP said.
>>
>>52906459
Not the other anon, but here is a twist - work animals aren't beed for their meat. They are breed for strong muscles. Which means their meat is full of sinew.
Guess what characterises meat of wild animals, you have three shots
>>
>>52904152
That is a load of horseshit, spoken like someone who has never eaten venison before. Seriously, that shit will melt in your mouth like a piece of chocolate.
>>
>>52906479
Venison is tough and gamy as shit.
>>
>>52906470
Wagyu cattle aren't work animals.
>>
>>52906506
No anymore, but from the start of the breed untill the 1950's they were.
>>
>>52906564
Animal husbandry is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>52906490
You are a terrible cook if you think that's true
>>
>>52904152
>anon never ate wild boar
>anon never ate horsemeat
>anon never ate reindeer
>anon never ate european buffalo
>anon never ate shark
>anon never ate hare

I pity you and your flawed and limited expierience when it comes to food.

Also
>Vice a a legit source of anything

Ah never mind, you are retarded.
>>
>>52906506
They were for centuries. The distribution of high levels of intra-muscular liquid fat for which they are known became a common genetic trait among wagyu populations because it allows muscle tissue easy access to energy in the form of intra-muscular fat that can be easily metabolised during extended periods of intense work. This trait allowed for work animals with very high endurance and long working lives, traits which were selectively bred for by japanese farmers. A nice side effect is that when the eating of beef became popular, they found that they had accidentally bred a breed (well, several) of cow that happened to be very tasty.
>>
>>52904298
>>52904510
>>52904918
These anons know what up. Not sure I would call it the best but its definitely high up there.

Wild boar in mushroomsauce with roasted onions and potatos took the cake for me. Even after 6 years I still remember the taste.
>>
>>52906687
That's literally not how muscles and fat work.
>>
>>52906717
Seconding this.

I had wild boar with some sort of berry jam-sauce about a month ago and it was amazing.
>>
>>52906490
>Venison is tough and gamy as shit.
t. retard who never marinated venison for a day and probably cut it against the fiber
>>
The freshness really counts for a lot. Even if domesticated species have more luxurious flesh, you need to live wherever they kill the animal to eat it fresh, and not to mention that in a fantasy setting, monsters are at the very least going to taste much more NOVEL than any cow.

If you're searching for unusual tastes that push the outer limits of culinary experience, dragon probably tastes a hell of a lot more interesting and less bland than anything that *could* be domesticated.
>>
>>52906825
>YFW dragons have petroleum instead of fat.
>>
>>52906907
Dragons go extinct in the modern era, then.
>>
File: 1365281416139.gif (686KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1365281416139.gif
686KB, 400x225px
>>52906907
Probably something a lot more conventionally biocompatible and thus at least potentially edible (Or maybe a poison that you have to cut out mostly but adds to the flavour in extremely trace amounts, like fugu), but that was in fact the sort of thing I was thinking of.
>>
>>52906740
>Wagyu, the traditional cattle of Japan, were draught animals for two thousand years. Those beasts with reserves of energy stored within their muscles were able to work for prolonged periods. Intramuscular fat (IMF) is the source of energy stored within muscles so selection for sustained performance indirectly increased IMF in Wagyu.
>http://www.wagyuinternational.com/marbling.php

Its a simplified explanation of course, if you want something a little more scientific, you can read this instead.
>>
File: Wendigo.jpg (39KB, 557x637px) Image search: [Google]
Wendigo.jpg
39KB, 557x637px
>>52906183
Yeah, eating the wizard would put a giant glowing sign on your back for Wendigos saying "OPEN FOR BUSINESS." Nasty business, wendigos.
>>
>>52904152
Because meat of the monster you killed yourself is free meat.

And free meat is best meat.
>>
>>52904745
>implying Satan wasn't shitting himself when seeing Gordon on Kitchen Nightmares, and breathed a huge sigh of relief when he found out Ramsay is actually a really nice guy and he wouldn't have to deal with him.
>>
>>52905981
Love. That's how.
>>
I enjoyed moose the few time's I've had it, though seal may be some of the best meat I've ever had.
>>
Eating stingray wing at the Malaysia/Brunei border is an experience that will forever be with me. God damn that shit was always fresh and tasted so good..
>>
>>52904152
Explain why wild boar taste better than regular pig.

Explain why free roaming chicken (really free roaming on larger area with even hunting bugs and small reptiles) taste better than caged chickens in farms.
>>
File: komododragon-003.jpg (1MB, 1400x845px) Image search: [Google]
komododragon-003.jpg
1MB, 1400x845px
I wish we had domesticated snakes or lizards in the past. the taste of wild ones are decent but I'd expect high quality snake meat from the best farms in the world would taste pretty great and different.

I'd imagine snakes would be the chicken of reptiles while komodo dragons would be like cows.
>>
>>52904510
>Alaska
>>
>>52906978
>Wendigo that hunts down powerful magicians because the meat tastes good.

I know what I'm throwing at the party now.
>>
>>52904152
>the best-tasting, best-textured meats come from domesticated animals which are bred for the best meats
>t. millenial tendies&whitebread manbaby who can't handle real taste from wild meat
Muh opinions >>>>> your opinions, faggot
>>
>>52904152
But deer are delicious enough that I am in the process of buying a double wide freezer and a gun for the sole purpose of murdering adorable and majestic animals so I can eat them.
>>
File: 1456791084432.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1456791084432.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>52905981
>>52907066
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autotomy
>>
>>52907890
>I'd imagine snakes would be the chicken of reptile
Fair enough.

>komodo dragons would be like cows.
What?
>>
>>52906717
You havent lived until you had a piece of moose tough. Especially the ultra-tender ass. Some of the natives around here who can hunt any time often just shoot them at night and only keep the ass.
>>
>>52906012
Exactly. Besides there's a really unique taste to wild meat that while yes takes some getting used to for some, is really good. Sadly im not as great of a meat cooker as my mother so when i pan-cook pieces she sends me i cant help but feel i fucked em up. maybe i should use that tenderizing powder she gave me...
>>
>>52904152
>Dragon tastes better then cow
Have you ever eaten a dragon to know faggot?
>>
>>52906672
Dafuq you doing eating shark, dude? It tastes like nothing, its all poisonous except for the fins and if you actually fucking ate it then fuck you for helping to continue this cruel tradition that is shark hunting you motherfucker.
Also you dint mention moose.
>>
>>52907890
Toruble with farming snakes is when breeding time comes around. If you don't have them all set into their little clusters beforehand then you're in trouble.
>>
>>52909198
>that tenderizing powder
Wut?
I really honest to God hope that isn't what I think that is. Is it Quicklime?
>>
>>52909422
Probably pineapple enzymes.
>>
>>52909422
Its meat tenderizer powder. apparently you apply to meat and let stand for 30 minutes. ingredients just say its salt, corn starch and papan. Whatever that is.
>>
File: dungeon-meshi-l0.jpg (15KB, 225x321px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon-meshi-l0.jpg
15KB, 225x321px
I remember the elf in dungeon meshi saying that she prefered her life eating domesticated foofs.
>>
>>52904666

Ask /ck/ for the cup noodle recipe infograpic.
>>
>>52909063
they are the only big lizards I know. They can't produce milk but maybe their eggs are tasty or something.
>>
>>52909232

Actually Anon, there is shark meat soup. Yes, ppl do eat the shark other then the fins.

My family used to make those. Heck, going down to the fish market, I come across baby sharks for sale too.
>>
>>52904152
Man this is a lot of effort for a troll.

Either that or you have never eaten Venison and[INSERT ANY OF DOZENS OF WILD GAME THAT ARE DELICIOUS].

Then again I have seen what amerifats call "bacon" so I guess it makes sense.
>>
>>52904289
It's funny you say that, given that the US and Canada have some of the biggest recreational hunting cultures in the west, if not the world, and you can find home made deer sausage and game meat at any farmers market or county fair.
>>
>>52904152
Monsters don't obey biological principles in any other sense, why would they obey them regarding the texture or flavor of their meat? Seriously, you're OK with dragons flying, but not with dragon meat being magically delicious?
>>
File: giant-tortoise-e1488230124607.jpg (98KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
giant-tortoise-e1488230124607.jpg
98KB, 800x534px
>>52909212
You can make Dragon meat taste something like the Galapagos Giant Tortoise, the tastiest animal ever according to Charles Darwin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPggB4MfPnk
>>
>>52909160
The moose is loose!
Seriously though, I agree moose is pretty great.
>>
>>52904510
They do, but there's only like 50 of them living south of the Canadian border.
>>
>>52904458
>culinary experts
>links vice as a source

Oh (You)
>>
>>52904152
>I never ate wild birds or animals, the post.
I would'nt say its strictly better but it sure is different while remaining tasty.
>>
File: 1475105934858.png (340KB, 626x689px) Image search: [Google]
1475105934858.png
340KB, 626x689px
>>52904458
Except Beef, Chicken, and Pork all pale in comparison to wild game.

Sheep/Lamb is alright.
>>
File: giphy-2.gif (1MB, 245x136px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-2.gif
1MB, 245x136px
>>52906456
That depends. Are you going to add a few taters to those conies?
>>
>>52904152

>...best-tasting, best-textured meats come from domesticated animals
But anon, you're wrong.
>http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/04/why-you-should-be-eating-more-wild-pigs-right-now.html
>http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/hunting/2013/05/ultimate-red-meat-venison-vs-beef#page-4
>http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/nutritional-values-venison-vs-beef-2229.html
>https://barrelive.com/2014/10/18/beef-versus-buffalo-bison-meat-difference/
>http://www.livestrong.com/article/372112-buffalo-meat-versus-beef-nutrition/
Game tastes great. Hunting is fun. Fuck you.

As for predators, it's a matter of economy or, specifically, trophic levels. look it up on wiki. Point is, big predators need a lot of food to stay big, and that food needs to come from somewhere. Ever eaten tuna? Tuna tastes good, right? Well, it's at trophic level 5.94, slightly higher than a dolphins 5.92. Tuna is a big eater, but it is also tasty.

Further reading:
>http://mentalfloss.com/article/54988/what-11-popular-zoo-animals-taste
>>
>>52910250
Also its a fun word to say. moose.
>>
>>52904152
And yet widcaught fish tastes better than farm raised
>>
>>52907722
>Explain why wild boar taste better than regular pig.
It doesn't.
>>
>>52913244
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!
>>
>>52904152

Not all monsters are predators, and not all prey is harmless.

If I go out and hunt a Moose, clean it myself, and eat it myself, and compare to beef, I could tell you easily it's better tasting than a cow.
>>
File: woah.png (19KB, 358x164px) Image search: [Google]
woah.png
19KB, 358x164px
>>52909044
teach me your ways anon
>>
>>52914929
>it's better tasting than a cow.

Regular cows, maybe, top-end cows, hell no.

There's a reason why top-end restaurants serve beef and not moose.
>>
>>52904152
Out of all the regular domesticated animals I prefer horse by far and they certainly haven't been bred to not move around or raised without letting their meat get lean
>>
File: Bueno2.jpg (48KB, 546x366px) Image search: [Google]
Bueno2.jpg
48KB, 546x366px
>>52904298
Venison is the best shit.
>tfw I lived out in the sticks and had hunting friends who would bring me fresh venison every season
I need to check the farmer's markets where I live now and see if anyone's selling any. I miss just living out in the fucking mountains and getting it for free.
>>
>>52916657
Beef is served because of conformity of taste/texture/appearance and continuous supply.
And that is how I know you never ate moose.
>>
>>52916657
I have been to a high-end restaurant that did in fact serve moose. It was amazing.

Regarding monster eating, carnivores tend to act as toxin accumulators.

In today's heavily polluted industrial world, that means _don't_ eat carnivores, because anything poisonous that's been spread through the environment will be concentrated more in them.

In a pre-industrial low pollution fantasy setting, carnivore meat (as most monsters tend to be) should be fairly safe, unless they are living in an area with some kind of contamination or other. (Magical, spiritual, undead, warp, whatever, pick your own literal poison!) but then in those situations, you probably shouldn't be eating the herbivores either.
>>
>>52910332
you've clearly never had a very high quality steak, and it's a shame because nothing in the world comes close to kobe beef
>>
>implying there isn't a market for dragon steaks and burgers
You know there's some rich fucks that would pay good money to brag to their friends that they ate fucking dragon ribs
>>
File: d68.png (174KB, 675x486px) Image search: [Google]
d68.png
174KB, 675x486px
>>52918107
Difference in preferences. I personnaly place beef above other domesticated meat, and down the ladder is lamb just before chicken; I tend to tire easily of those two.

But again, you don't seem to appreciate in any way or form the meat of those one hunts.

What does the Haggis supremacist say to the critic?
"I'll mutton chop your ass!"
>>
>>52910380
Is it even possible to go with rabbits without teytos? I mean you can eat them with bread, but that's not the same.
>>
>>52918500
oh I do, I've had deer, elk, squirrel, rabbit, hell even alligator

They're all good (to varying degrees I wasn't a huge fan of alligator) but personally nothing I've had, domestic or hunted, can compare to the kobe beef I've had in Tokyo, and I almost expected that because the animals are raised from birth to exclusively become the best beef in the world
>>
>>52918525
It is.
In the wilds, I suggest Steamed rabbit and wild greens (asparagii and cattail, plantain, garlic, etc.)

As a fricassee, au vin or wrapped in pasta are also great in a more modern environment.

>>52918661
>best beef in the world
Some people don't enjoy cattle produces (meat AND cheese) as much as us.

When you say elk, are you talking about wapiti or moose? You'll have to try moose if you haven't.
>>
>>52909497
I want to stuff my sausage into Marcille.
>>
File: Remember, it's fantasy.jpg (18KB, 864x95px) Image search: [Google]
Remember, it's fantasy.jpg
18KB, 864x95px
>>52904166
fpbp

Saved for reference.
>>
>>52918107
>nothing in the world comes close to kobe beef

It's overrated.

One time I splurged for a well done kobe steak from a high-end resturant. It was good, better than a lower quality steak, but it wasn't some culinary masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination.

I ended up just putting some A1 on it like I normally eat my steaks because the increase in taste really didn't live up to my expectations and it was better to just eat it like any other steak.
>>
>>52918661
It takes to be American to enjoy Kobe beef. Literally overpriced piece of overgrown with sinew shit. It's like eating a beef taken from 10 year old milk cow.

>>52918774
Pasta is something I can't serve with my fiance.
>>
>>52918107
>kobe beef
Taste, looks and feels in mouth like badly prepared horsemeat
>>
>>52919195
>>52919333
>>52918107
>>52919418
Most Kobe beef sold in America is not actually Kobe beef. It's actually a really big scam that's happening in the culinary community.
>http://www.thekitchn.com/kobe-beef-foods-biggest-scam-forbes-170268
The more you know.
>>
>>52919195
I'll give you a C for your effort.
>>
>>52919491
What gave you the impression that:
1) I'm American
2) I've ate it in States
3) I don't know what kind of shit Americans serve as "kobe-style" beef
>>
>>52919645
What gives you the impression that:
1) I give a shit?
If you didn't eat it in the states, good for you, but I really don't care.
>>
I'll add wild turkey to the game-list. Radically different flavor from store bought turkeys. Also, if you miss that first shot, the turkey will try and wreck your shit.
>>
Does anyone have that image of all those tails lined up from the Monster Hunter series? It was on a cooking context.
>>
>>52919691
Because you've replied, you idiot.
Twice
>>
>>52904152
Anon, I hate to break it to you, but Cougar is widely believed to be the best tasting meat.

>>52906183
Would you say it's magically delicious?

>>52907722
>Explain why wild boar taste better than regular pig.
Because they often eat better than pigs. Diet has a far greater effect on taste than lifestyle.
>>
>>52909483
That's just organic enzymes.
>>
they sort of applied this logic in D&D 5e and its fucking boring, every single creature you fight has toxic/cursed/disgusting meat and is basically inedible unless you want to kill yourself
>>
>>52904152
Because there is the beast, deep inside us, that wants to eat the last panda or dodo or whatever the fuck the hunted animal is.
>>
>>52909497
>>52909497
>>52909497
But would you REALLY trust Marcille?
>>
>>52904152
>The best beefs in the world come from docile cows eugenics'd to have great meat

No Op, YOU are the one who has been eugenics'd to think meat from docile cows is the best. Another, more barbaric culture, might think that stressed meat tastes better, and prefer to hunt wild beasts, or just slaughter domesticated animals more painfully.
>>
>>52909232
Shark meat tastes like steak and gator tastes like chicken.
>>
>>52904152
>only domesticated animals taste good

Imagine living your life never eating venison or pheasant
>>
>>52905699
Sure its not better than literally the best meat possible but wild meat isn't disgusting. Its better than most processed food by a country mile.
>>
>>52906978
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
File: 1493262395626.jpg (2MB, 1700x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1493262395626.jpg
2MB, 1700x1100px
>>52904152
This is usually a terrible way to run a system, because there's less reward for killing exotic creatures.

What systems/settings allow you to enjoy strange food?
>>
>>52904289
I've had wild deer steaks tonight and this guy isn't wrong, but he's not right either
>>
>>52904152
>They don't move around much (despite being allowed to roam freely), so their muscles don't get lean
Lean meat is the best meat though.

Predators are inferior meat for reasons that have nothing to do with what you said.
>>
>>52904480
Not OP but I'll admit i am from Alabama.
I don't want to spoil any important lessons for someone, no matter what age you are (and I'm not gonna throw around that "you high schooler" crap), but think about it without some high praised judge in your head. I've tasted a lot of meat (har de har har) and i enjoy what's normally considered the "gamey" taste more than anything else. I think buttery and richer meats are ok in small amounts but I'd almost always take a pound of deer over a pound of lobster.
Sometimes critics have ulterior motives, sometimes they just go with the crowd nowadays, and i might even just be a crazy old man with a shitty palate.

Either way, I'm going to take an expert's opinion with a grain of salt, which i will apply liberally to my pheasant.
>>
File: img_0852[1].jpg (1MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
img_0852[1].jpg
1MB, 3888x2592px
>>52904152
Are crawfish technically farm raised? They're the best meat anyone can taste.
>>
>>52906265
>>52906108
>eating bear
I bet you eat dogs too, and would jump at the chance of cannibalism, you vile fuckers.
>>
>>52909735
Cows don't lay eggs.
>>
>>52923368
SEA BUGS
E
A

B
U
G
S
>>
>>52918774
Elk as in Cervus canadensis. A delicious creature.
>>
>>52919691
Let's all take a moment to marvel at just how defensive this nigger got?
>>
>>52923432
>don't live in the sea
>aren't bugs
I assume you're being sarcastic, but either way you have shit taste.
>>
>>52905699
Sauteed reindeer and moose is the best fucking meal ever. Anyone who disagrees is uncultured swine.
>>
File: life is hard.jpg (51KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
life is hard.jpg
51KB, 300x400px
>>52923432
And?
>>
>>52909160
Tongue is the best part though.
>>
File: roastbasilisk.png (1MB, 1452x2143px) Image search: [Google]
roastbasilisk.png
1MB, 1452x2143px
>you temporarily absorb the qualities of the animal you've eaten
>>
>>52904298
>all these plebs bit eating the superior meat
>>
File: 1475281484780.png (24KB, 352x333px) Image search: [Google]
1475281484780.png
24KB, 352x333px
>>52923545
>eat pixie
>start teleporting randomly
>eat blink dog
>can control where you teleport
>>
>>52923389
kek, such implications from this defender of farm meat. Try harder, boy.
>>
>>52924560
>not eating a bear is the same as preferring cattle over something good, like Elk
I bet you have literally never met a bear that you didn't point a gun at. Does it make you feel tough to eat something with a more pleasant personality than yourself?
>>
>>52909735
Iguana's are considered a delicacy in Latin America.
>>
>>52924587
So defensive, so angry. Where did the bear hunter touch you?
>>
File: Delicious.png (2KB, 29x29px) Image search: [Google]
Delicious.png
2KB, 29x29px
>Not genetically engineering xenos to be delicious.
>>
>>52924683
Local bear got shot a couple years back that was very friendly, always around in the spring and fall. People who shoot bears are idiots.
>>
>>52924735
Sure, that's what it is. You miss being ravaged by big bear cock. How vile.
>>
>>52924759
I bet you also think it's sporting to shoot the elderly as long as you're going to eat them after.
>>
>>52919883
That's because they're barely the same species anymore, the domesticated branch being from a subspecies in Mexico that was domesticated about 2000 years ago.
>>
>>52924780
All these implications. I can tell you're a vegan, too. Don't try to deny it, we all know it's true.
>>
>>52924787
That's like saying cabbage and broccoli are barely the same species. That's not how species work.
>>
>>52924797
>Don't try to deny it
Whatever, grandpa-eater.
>>
>>52924810
Either projecting or a vegan. Either way, you're a moron.
>>
>>52924823
>says the guy who thinks it's justifiable to kill bears that don't attack people
>>
>>52904152
Makes me curious to try some wild boar... I know a place that sells some...
>>
>>52924840
>he thinks bears are innocent fluffy creatures who wouldn't hurt a fly

Keep proving my point.
>>
>>52904510
cool
>>
>>52924861

careful. boar meat can be all over the place.
>>
>>52924735
>was very friendly
That's a retarded assumption that could have easily lead to mauled children. Unless its domesticated 10th generation down the line, you're risking a clawed face everytime you have no munchies to give it.
>>
>>52904152
>Big predators have lean muscles, and they sure as hell live in stressful environments. Their meat is going to taste like shit
Spoken by a true amerifat. Why not go out and try things instead of believing what your oligarchy tells you about taste you retard?
>>
>>52924780
What, would you just let that old guy rot there? That's just fucking disrespectful.
>>
>>52924806
Hey, man, canis latrans latrans and canis latrans var are the same species, despite the latter blatantly being lupus in most respects.
>>
>>52904152
>How do all those "hunt monsters, cook their meat, eat said meat" concepts not get BTFO by the fact that the best-tasting, best-textured meats come from domesticated animals which are bred for the best meats?

Yeah, but, Adventurers 'don't' typically have access to the best-tasting, best-textured, meats from domesticated animals which were bred for the best meats.

They have access to Monsters, Foraged produce, Wild Game, and Field Rations.
>>
File: 5ae.jpg (164KB, 1240x786px) Image search: [Google]
5ae.jpg
164KB, 1240x786px
>Everyone's tastes are the same!
>Everyone should eat pork, beef and chicken only!
Shiggy Diggy Doo, murifat.
>>
>Domesticated humans prefer the taste of domesticated animals
What a surprise.
>>
>>52904152

Perception. It's not the fact that it's meat, but meat from a dragon or something. It's why people pay for 10,000$ dollar wine that tastes worst than 130$, because of prestige. That, and if you're operating hundreds of miles from the nearest town on foot, food that you can eat tends to taste better vesus food you CAN'T eat. Hunger will make rabbit guts taste good.
>>
>>52926334
>murifat not eating anything and everything
Maybe a coastal murifat
We have a long history of shooting shit and eating it in places that aren't run by anti-gun, anti-hunting nutjobs
>>
>>52926488
>being afraid of eating snails and frogs
>>
File: thecircleoflife.jpg (321KB, 1183x509px) Image search: [Google]
thecircleoflife.jpg
321KB, 1183x509px
>>52922560
It's likely this is more a holdover from earlier editions which focused more on the resource-management angle of dungeon delving that emphasized proper expedition planning and where the difference between iron and regular rations then becomes important.

For a more wilderness/travel focused game, or a narrative one, it's probably less of a problem that adventurers can pack light and live off the land.
>>
>>52923389
I wouldn't eat a dog, but I have shot several bears and eaten them. I'm sorry that you're a massive pussy.

>>52926488
>coastal
Go fuck yourself flyover. Carolina coasts have some great fishing.
>>
>>52926798
Snails maybe but fried frog legs are a thing in the midwest and south
>>
>>52927136
I meant LA and NYC and those other faggots not the south
>>
I would a dragon girl.
>>
>>52926334
>tfw americans will never ever enjoy the taste of horse, reindeer, bear, dog, or whale meat
>>
>>52926334
>>52927630
>OBSESSED
>>
>>52927630

>Whale

Alaska is part of the Union you know and not its own country, contrary to what it would want you to believe at times.
>>
>>52905699
I kinda prefer local meats over whatever Premium US grade or wagyu you throw at me.

Even from a cooking standpoint, while the fancy fats melt fast, they taste too much like oil and nothing else. When you go down the price range to something actually comparable to local meat, the fat is straight inferior in quality, taste, and smell.

Feeding them corn makes beef smell like shit, who knew?

and that's not even getting to gamey meats, where their varied diets give the meat more depth of flavor before you even add seasoning.
>>
>>52904152
Simple, way back in Ye Olden Psuedo Dark Ages, the nobility got all the good parts of animals, if peasants were allowed anything at all it was just 'umbles', a bunch of unwanted organ meats that barely beat starving to death. Compared to that a monster that was legal to kill and keep the meat would be pretty damn great even if the cow, venison and pork you never tasted was technically better, you'd never know.
>>
>>52923389
>he wouldn't give long pork a chance
>>
>>52919195
>>52918107
I've eaten kobe beef, in Japan. The fat in it was overwhelming. If you want to sound like you know a good beef, then at least name Matsusaka beef or anything else than that fat riddled sponge of a meat of Kobe.

Well done every day reindeer is better than Kobe beef.
>>
>>52929669
How does one get long pork? From a long pig?
>>
>>52930149
Long pork is slang for human.
>>
>>52927630
>whale meat
Eating tumblr users isn't allowed under most countries' legal systems.
>>
>>52904166
because to make us believe the big fantasy parts. it needs to make sure the little parts are realistic.
>>
>>52904609
Neat.
>>
>>52905699
>supposed foodie
>instantly brings up map foodie beef
>thinks nigger moo meat is any level of good
>Isn't old / educated enough to know about the Angus beef AD campaigns that made the US think Nigger Moo meat is somehow better.
> tfw nigger moos were bread to throw a large calf with a short maturation cycle.
>TFW nigger moos are so inbred that a single accidental case of "son on mom" or "dad on daughter" or "brother on sister" will result some really blatant physical mutations and a calf that will not make it to slaughter weight.
> TFW Angus dancers are looking strong into incorporating other breeds to stud for their herds to stop that shit, calm those retards the fuck down, and get a smaller calf birth weight so mom doesn't fucking prolapse when she shits babby put.

>doesn't even know cattle breeds outside of Holstein, or Angus

7/8 good bait foodfag.
>>
File: get_out.jpg (40KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
get_out.jpg
40KB, 500x343px
>>52904166
fun
>>
>>52904298
Venison gets edged out by Wood Ducks in my book.
Heard Canvasbacks are good too but I've had bad experiences with divers.
>>
>>52907890
Get to lizard breeding anon. Start it as a hobby, pass the dream down. You're great grandchildren might be able to sell it.
>>
>>52904152
>>52905942
Eating dragon meat is how you gain super powers in Germanic mythology.
>>
>>52932271
alright. Some guy mentioned iguana's tasting good so they already have one of the traits I'm looking for in my final domesticated reptile. My goal will be to get super iguana's in a few (human) generations that are larger and docile. Maybe I'll try to get some investors in my "start-up"
>>
>>52932149
Canvasbacks used to be the best but with the collapse of their primary foodsource, eelgrass, and their switch to molluscs their flavor has decreased.
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.