[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made a Powered by the Apocalypse JoJo homebrew. It's still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: FullRulesDocumentv.02.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
FullRulesDocumentv.02.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
I made a Powered by the Apocalypse JoJo homebrew. It's still pretty early on but I think it's kind of neat.
>>
Have you tried running the system yet? PbtA is an interesting choice for JJBA because of the vague narrative rules. My only issue is that trying to create PbtA Moves off the top of your head is a little confusing.
>>
>>52896474
I haven't tried running it, and I'll almost certainly end of tweaking HP numbers and things like that. I was attracted to PbtA especially because of the vagueness. A system where you can arbitrarily break the rules is really useful for JoJo.

PbtA moves are the hardest thing to wrap your head around, but when you're making moves for your character in JoJo it more or less requires GM input or at least approval as to what it does.

However as long as you keep the basic principle of 10+ does the thing, 7-9 does it, but shittier, and 6- fails, you can at least keep the narrative flow going.
>>
>>52896474
>>52896678
Also one of the big advantages of PbtA is how easy it is to do multiple characters, so treating a Stand as a second character was pretty simple to slot in.
>>
This is the best Jojo RPG PDF I've managed to find so far, and it's found a place in my bookmarks. Keep us posted, friendo.
>>
>>52901464
Thanks. My next goal is to fill out the Hamon playbook and I'll consider it basically fully playable. There may be moves I'll find in playtesting but the only thing left after that is a "bestiary" list for various monsters and some Stand users.
>>
>>52903365
Do you have a discord or something I could talk more with you about?
>>
This looks fun, i may try this soon!
>>
>>52894672

This is fucking great
>>
>>52894672
Superficial proofread results:
Page 7:
>When you Defy Danger with Willpower,
gain +1
Gain one WHAT?
Page 9:
>Comradery
It's spelled "camaraderie".

Other than that (and the currently-nonexistant Hamon and Vampires/Pillar Men) sourcebook,
>Your next line will be, "I think it's pretty cool!"
I think it's pretty cool- HOW DID YOU INTERRUPT MY POST
>>
>>52910026
IIRC, +1 just means +1 to the roll, so in that example you roll 2d6+Will+1 when defying danger with Will.
>>
>>52894672
This is awesome. You are awesome. Thanks for this.
>>
This really just highlights how poorly written jojo is.
>>
>>52910211
The previous entries had "+1 Forward" to them; I felt that entry was ambiguous as a result.
>>
>>52894672
JOJO POSTER GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1493174309106.jpg (49KB, 500x487px) Image search: [Google]
1493174309106.jpg
49KB, 500x487px
>>52912714
>>
>>52910026
>>52910559
Thanks for the formatting

Also Comradey is a valid, if US-specific, spelling, but yeah I should switch it with the more common spelling.
>>
>>52905508
https://discord.gg/m6ZCG
>>
>>52910464
JoJo isn't poorly written. It's merely intentionally nonsensical.
>>
>>52913409
Invite's broke friendo.
>>
>>52913760
That's objectively wrong. Many of the characters only use an ability once and never use it again (Diavolo making Buccellati his future self) and plotlines get dropped with no conclusion (Josuke's encounter with himself in the past). I love me some JoJo but there are times when the quality of the writing takes a dip.
>>
>>52915092
There's things araki intentionally drops because he felt they wouldn't fit, changed his mind (Anasui being female originally) or were too broken (Giorno's touch ability that he used on Bruno). I heard that thing with josuke was a dropped plotline that was supposed to be involved with bites the dust but idk how true that is. I do agree that there are definitely quality issues all around jojo but araki makes it an entertaining ride nonetheless I think
>>
>>52915807
Please, don't embarrass yourself by trying to defend Araki's writing. JoJo is like all the worst elements of Fist of the North Star (with Berserk being all the best).
>>
>>52915807
I agree that its entertaining but some things conflict with how they've been explained. Like Heavy Weather and the snail eaters.
>>
File: TAKUMISHITTINGHIMSELF.jpg (19KB, 640x473px) Image search: [Google]
TAKUMISHITTINGHIMSELF.jpg
19KB, 640x473px
>>52915990
I like both JoJo and Berserk, JoJo because it's over the top ridiculous, and Berserk because autism-tier cross hatching.
I ain't saying JoJo's perfect, not by a country fucking mile, but it is enjoyable.

You want something to be mad at just check anything past season 2 of Initial D.
>>
>>52915990
I wasn't defending it senpai, I was just telling that dude what was up with that shit calm your tits
>>52916223
Yeaaaaaah I honestly still don't buy weather being able to do that shit with subliminal messaging jesus christ what
>>
This is great man, I hope you post future versions.
>>
>>52914746
Well then you shoulda checked it before the half-hour was over.

https://discord.gg/3G7E32V
>>
>>52915092
If JoJo was supposed to make sense it'd just be called JoJo's Adventure.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.