[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Prospero not fall before the Emperor even arrived? Magnus'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 40K-prospero-tizca.jpg (87KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
40K-prospero-tizca.jpg
87KB, 960x960px
How did Prospero not fall before the Emperor even arrived?

Magnus' ignorance of the dangers of the warp imply that the Prosperines shared this outlook. But surely a planet FULL of sorcerers would shine like a fucking disco-ball in the Warp. Did Prospero exist in some kind of stability-pocket? Did Tzeentch cordon off the place as part of his gambit it soften up Magnus in the future?

This has to have an explanation in the fluff, but I've not found any. Why did they not all get nommed by daemons?
>>
>>52894192
I always assumed that all the psykers were powerful enough that they couldn't easily be possessed, and most of the ones that weren't Magnus weren't so stupidly full of hubris that they knew not to listen to the spooky voices.
>>
>>52894232
>I always assumed that all the psykers were powerful enough that they couldn't easily be possessed,

That's not how it works.
A psyker is a medium for the energies of the warp.
If they take care only to put a toe in they can usually be fine but if someone pushes you in the pool you're fucked.
>>
>>52894363
>That's not how it works.

I've always gathered it's like a bell curve. Shit psykers demons don't care about. Mediocre psykers are targets because they're tasty but too weak to defend themselves. Good psykers, like Librarians, Eldar, and up to the Big E himself, can just go toe to toe and not worry about being possessed unless they actually let the demons in.
>>
>>52894192

It's funny how the Sorcerer's Daemon world looks pretty much like an utopia.
>>
>>52894192
The planet had experience dealing with psychic predators. Psychnuen for example were the most common threat and people knew how to put up warding magics and such.
>>
>>52894399
What, Soritarius? Doesn't it just look like Mordor, the Skesis Castle, and a Las Vegas magician got mixed together?

Guess it's no Plague Planet, but still doesn't exactly sound like the Bahamas.
>>
>>52894192
or maybe you're exaggerating the ability of the daemons to invade realspace worlds.
>>
>>52894478
>Doesn't it just look like Mordor, the Skesis Castle, and a Las Vegas magician got mixed together?
It doesn't look anyhow because no arts of it exist.
>>
>>52894478
>>52894502

There's art of it. It looks like an exact duplicate of Prospero only with a fancy tower and some screamers flying around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUuyyVaCOzw
>>
>>52894192
Didn't every single 1kSon have a 'familiar' chum who was psychically linked to them & magnified their ability to manipulate the Warp? And then when the Space Wolves invaded, possession ensued

It's been a while since I read A Thousand Sons.
>>
>>52894390

pretty much this
>>
I'm happy enough with the explanation that Tzeench played the long con.

Read Thousand Sons

>Thousand Sons get lied to by Magnus about the nature of the warp
>Magnus gets tricked into thinking he can control the warp
>Emperor gets his golden toilet broken by the man he expected to power it
>Space yiffs get bamboozled by Horus into burning the planet to ashes

It's one big ruse cruise
>>
>>52894192
>Did Tzeentch cordon off the place as part of his gambit it soften up Magnus in the future?
Index Astartes implies that much.

>When the Primarchs were mysteriously scattered from their incubation on Terra, the infant Magnus fell upon the remote colony world of Prospero. He could hardly have been more fortunate: a grotesque cyclopean mutant who might have been feared and shunned on any other world came instead upon a hidden planet of kindred spirits: a commune of outcast human psykers. It would not be the last time Magnus's destiny would be so conveniently manipulated.
>>
Because before the "Emperor" decided to conquer the galaxy, there were populations of humans scattered around the place that had their shit together, weren't dumb as hell and generally behaved in a rational way when dealing with potentially dangerous and unknown stuff. Unfortunately these populations could not survive the mind boggling stupidity of the Emperor and his ridiculous plans.
>>
>>52894640
People seem to forget that it wasn't just the Thousand Sons that teleported to Soritarius, but the entire city of Tizca.

>>52895103
There were cases of tuteleries going out of control and hurting or killing their own masters but not straight up possession.
That's part of what makes me think they're generic warp beasts that aren't directly affiliated with the Chaos Gods.
That and the fact that the Grey Knights didn't seem to have a problem with their first Supreme Grand Master being a fusion of a tutelary and a Thousand Sons librarian.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.