[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you reward your players for drawing their character or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1493074685357.jpg (53KB, 1143x270px) Image search: [Google]
1493074685357.jpg
53KB, 1143x270px
Do you reward your players for drawing their character or making a backstory?
>>
1 Fate Point per painted mini
2 per backstory (at least 1 page)
1 per session recap (at least half page)
>>
I generally try to integrate my players' backstories into the plot in really obvious ways. Your dad went missing? The general of the invading army is a guy in black armor with a shrouded history.

It's worth noting we tend to not be super serious about role playing and I happen to be a hack.
>>
>>52892446
I'd rather have you GM for me than all the GMs who completely disregarded my backstories. I have had precisely one GM who acknowledged elements from my character's background.
>>
>>52892446
The kind of hack that works with their players makes for a fun game.
I always get the kind of hacks who want to murder and skin the characters, or make every NPC an overpowered DMPC, or don't have the stamina to read the book or DM for more than 5 sessions.
>>
>>52892660
Personally, I have the GM who has to make characters for half the group. He's got their backstories woven right into the plot, but getting my character's past to seem relevant has been a headache.
>>
Why reward them for something that I consider the bare minimum?

If they can't even bother painting a nice portrait (or paying some artist if their drawing skills are shit) then they don't deserve to play.
>>
>>52893603
Personally, I just make everyone do 30 pushups before they get to create a character.

Unless they're a cute girl, obviously. I have other criteria for them.
>>
>>52892400
Not in the sense of XP or the like, but I will try and incorporate aspects of their backstories into the campaign.
>>
>>52893817
>I have other criteria for them.
Do tell, is it 30 squats?
>>
>>52893886
>only 30
Anon, my wife can do 300 squats

And I don't let her game with us.
>>
>>52892400
I award them with praise for character art or cool minis.

I reward backstory with in game actions. If you were a wandering bard, going from city to city, you probably know a tavernowner or some tavern regulars every place. You might even have a chance of knowing the local mayor (for whom you performed during a feast).
>>
if it's something tragic or something bad happened or whatever i usually incorporate it in somehow
example: a pc's character had died and he decided to make a rogue character on the run from not going through with a robbery job since he was kind of like robin hood (but not just the rich, also from those that could afford it) and the guy that had hired him had gotten made. so i made up the crime boss guy and the rival 'thieve's guild' who were on the lookout for him
>>
>>52892400
I require a basic back-story for all player-characters. in my case this usually constitutes a half-page of bullet points for easy reference so I can use it later.

beyond that but within reason grants a few concessions like some starting gear they wouldn't normally be able to afford or a free skill rank or two.

too much and I'll know they'll be trying for a hendersonian Bullshit Train and they get nothing.

with art the way it works is,
if you have a portrait or just some character basis art then good.

draw another players character and you both get a concession

draw the whole party as portraits and you all get an easy side-objective with a big payout

drawing scenes from the campaign does this too
>>
>>52893603
>>52893817
I require each of my players to go through a basic acting class (if they haven't done so already) because I can't stand how shit the usual roleplaying is.
>>
>>52892400
Drawing a character is cool, and so is having a good backstory. Of course it's only proper and not that special, so I only give a small reward to incentivize proper behavior in the future.
>>
>>52892400

No, you reward them by dressing as the character while trowing dice.
>>
>>52893922
>unweighted squats
For what possible purpose
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.