[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/STG/ - Star Trek General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 68

File: Romulus.jpg (138KB, 850x359px) Image search: [Google]
Romulus.jpg
138KB, 850x359px
Picturesque Space Rome Edition

Previous thread >>52759970

A thread for discussing the Star Trek franchise and its various tabletop iterations.

Possible topics include Star Trek Adventures - the new rpg being produced by Modiphius - and WizKids’ Star Trek: Attack Wing miniatures game, as well as the previous rpgs produced by FASA, Last Unicorn Games and Decipher, the Starfleet Battles Universe, and Star Trek in general.

Game Resources

Star Trek Adventures, Modiphius’ 2d20 RPG
-Official Modiphius Page
>http://www.modiphius.com/star-trek.html
Playtest Materials (via Biff Tannen)
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/36m6c22co6y5m/Modiphius%20Star%20Trek%20Adventures
Reverse Engineered Character Creation.
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g2ofDX0-7tgHojjk7sKcp7uVFSK3M52eVP45gKNJhgY/edit?usp=sharing

Older Licensed RPGs (FASA, Last Unicorn Games and Decipher)
>http://pastebin.com/ndCz650p

Other (Unlicensed) RPGS (Far Trek + Lasers and Feelings)
>http://pastebin.com/uzW5tPwS

WizKids’ Star Trek: Attack Wing Miniatures Game
-Official WizKids Page (Rules and Player Resources)
>http://wizkids.com/attackwing/star-trek-attack-wing/

Lore Resources

Memory Alpha - Canon wiki
>http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Portal:Main

Memory Beta - Noncanon wiki for licensed Star Trek works
>http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Fan Sites - Analysis of episodes, information on ships, technobabble and more
>http://pastebin.com/mxLWAPXF

Star Trek Maps - Based on the Star Trek Star Charts, updated and corrected
>http://www.startrekmap.com/index.html

/stg/ Homebrew Content
>http://pastebin.com/H1FL1UyP
>>
>>52880817

>The Dire Lesson of Wolf 359: Starships are no place for children or civilians
>High Level Command Positions in Starfleet Suddenly Vacant: What happened to Admirals Quinn, Savar, and Aaron?
>Holodecks: Miracle of modern entertainment, or creepy stalker tool? Starfleet's lax policy concerning the images of living persons
>Holograms and Exocomps: Tools, or slaves?
>>
>>52881075
>Galorndon Core: What really happened?
>The Federation-Cardassian Treaty: Disaster waiting to strike
>>
>>52881297

>Genetic Engineering: Ancient boogeyman, or medical miracle?
>TR-116: Starfleet's new terror weapon
>U.S.S. Raven: Starfleet's disavowed attempt to contact the Borg
>Romulan Singularity Drives: Bold new power source, or weapon of mass destruction?
>>
>>52880817
I thought Romulus was supposed to be rather gray.
>>
>>52882147
To be fair, if anywhere was going to be colourful, it'd be near the senate.
>>
>>52880817
>not Federation Buzzfeed edition
For shame, /stg/, for shame.
>>
File: Alidar_Jarok.jpg (36KB, 552x550px) Image search: [Google]
Alidar_Jarok.jpg
36KB, 552x550px
>>52880817
TNG "The Defector" is playing on my local channel right now. God DAMN I love this episode.
>>
>>52881851

>Crash of the Enterprise-D: Why women should not be allowed to take the helm
>>
>>52882538
Nah, dude, this is Buzzfeed we're riffing on.

>Crash of the Enterprise-D: Why Patriarchists Still Blame Troi
>>
>>52882974

I'll admit I'm not actually that familiar with Buzzfeed aside from its reputation, so I've just been trying to do "conspiracy nut" talking points.
>>
>>52883102
>so I've just been trying to do "conspiracy nut" talking points.

They do a lot of social justice talking points too, hence why I said they'd have a field day with the Ferengi.
>>
>>52883102
The two biggest target audiences for them are millennials (millennial bashing old people?) and stay at home moms as those groups are seen as most likely to like+share whatever clickbait crap comes their way.
>>
>>52883183
>>52883253

Hmm. Well, maybe I'll try slanting it in that direction. For the record, >>52878244 → is me.

Technically speaking, I am a millennial because I grew up in the 90s/became an adult in the early 00s. It's always been strange to me that an entire generation gets painted with the same broad brush. There were shitty people in the "greatest generation" and I know shitty people from the boomer generation.
>>
>>52883582
Everybody just wants to believe that their generation was the best generation and that everything that came before it was old-fashioned and stupid, and that everything that came after it was steady degeneracy.
>>
>>52883582

>Starfleets "changeling" scare proves sidelined captain was right the whole time.

fellow millennial here, I'm pretty sure most of the flak our generation gets is from baby boomers who prefer blaming Kids These Days for everything wrong in the world despite the fact that they make up a larger chunk of the population than we do on top of having been here longer. If you feel like getting down on your self because of when you were born don't bother, its pointless. Boomers came of age during a period of global economic growth and are inclined to feel entitled to luxuries that the generations that came both before and after theirs consider/would have considered vapid and wasteful (big screen TVs, frivolous gadgets that I only ever seem to see on infomercials). There are cool people sure, but relative circumstances growing up aren't always something people stop to think about.

>>52883712
This guy gets it, its been that way for thousands of years going all the way back to the Greeks, if it seem more noticeable now its because there are enough boomers and millennial using the same-ish cluster of websites that we're able to hear what both generations get to hear what they REALLY think of each other.
>>
>>52883712

>The Ferengi Question: Where do we draw the line between accepting alien cultures, and stamping out Patriarchy?
>The Vulcanian Diet: Why haven't you rejected eating meat yet?
>Katana Sidearms: Starfleet's appropriation of an ancient Earth cultural heritage

I suppose I can see that.
>>
>>52883712
That's true for every generation alive today though. Society's steady degeneration is by someone's deliberate design.
>>
>>52883440
The 'millennial' thing is full retard in general. It's pretty much anyone born in the early '80s onwards, and we're at a point in time where people born in '00 are almost of age for everything (depending on your given locality). It's far too fucking broad, and anyone using unironically for derision is probably a cunt.

To put that in the context of this thread: that's people who will have grown up with reruns of the original series and original screenings of TNG onwards up to adults for whom Star Trek TV shows are a relic of the past already that maybe they watched if their parents bothered with reruns or dvds. Also highlight the text and hit ctrl-s for perfect spoilers, every time.
>>
>Legacy of James T. Kirk: Radioactive Klingon warship contaminates San Francisco Bay
>Exploiting the Sick and the Innocent: Starfleet Intelligence's secret panel of mentally challenged genetically engineered war analysts
>Physician of the Century: Doctor Phlox's momentous decision to promote the well being of an oppressed minority

>>52884035

I know. I just always forget to use it.

>>52883821

Castigating oneself for when one was is foolish, and I have no intention of doing so.
>>
>Klingon mating rituals: A justification of physical abuse?
>>
>>52883582

Millennials get painted with the same broad brush mainly because the term Millennial was made into a pejorative in the mainstream consciousness when it was still in its infancy. Its easy to paint with a broad brush when the brush is dipped in "Everything I hate," colored paint.

>The Zenkethi: The War Starfleet AND Cardassia Hope You'll Forget!
>>
>>52884644
That raises some interesting questions about DS9:
>How the fuck is a Klingon/Trill hybrid supposed to work?
>Would a half Klingon fetus damage Dax by headbutting the symbiont indirectly?
>Klingons are big on family honor and storytellers. Would every subsequent host of a symbiont that was once joined to a part Klingon be an honorary member of their former self's House?
>>
>>52886538
Well, the fact that Kurzon would technically be joining their House was a GREAT HONOR, so I guess so, yeah.

Man, they'd love Mr. Musical Murderer. Some guy wronged him, so he killed him. So Klingon.
>>
>>52886604
I'm now imagining a DnD-esque setting with the different Star Trek races, and humans being the standard

Vulcans: high Int,Str,Dex,Con, average Wis, shit Cha, basically High Elves.
Romulans: Vulcans with high Cha and shit Wis, basically Dark Elves.
Both species have to deal with Ponn Farr, which is actually what keeps their populations low in a pre-modern setting and leads to elven isolationism.
Tellarites: Extra Dorfy.
>>
>>52886670
Klingons: Barbarian race turned up to eleven. Surprisingly good rogues and lawyers.
Xindi: Five species, one vaguely Arabic culture. Their capital city has two broken towers just to remind people of the 9/11 metaphor in case they forgot.
Trill: Good and neutral aligned Trill make excellent bards, historians, or judges. Ambitious Trill make terrifyingly powerful wizards after a few lifetimes since Int and spell repertoire carry over between hosts, even if the body's stats do not. Evil trill are effectively liches without the undead bit.
>>
>>52886745
Bajorans: basically the anti-Vulcans. Human standard or a bit weaker physically, high Wis and Cha, low Int. Excellent Clerics, Druids,and Rogues, terrible at the bulkier martial classes.
Cardassians: spooky snek spoon people that live in and around active volcanoes and other hot spots.
Ferengi: oy vey stop stereotyping me, hew-mon! Merchant race, really not usable as a PC but handy as a walking plot device.
Voth: AYO, HOL UP, YOU IS SAYIN WE WUZ DRAGONZ N SHIET?
>>
>>52886839
>Bajorans
>high wis
>>
>>52886971
They're a wise, if stupid people. In theory, 10,000+ years of unification and religious platitudes to fall back on means you can seem smart without effort.
>>
>>52886971
>>52887013
High wis, low int. Look at how many times Bajoran characters did something totally retarded for the sake of faith and the DS9 crew had to bail them out. They reinstated a CASTE SYSTEM because the prophets pooped an old guy out of the wormhole.
>>
>>52886670
>>52886745
>>52886839

No Gorn = no care
>>
>>52887071

I mean, like... I'm pretty sure that's how every religious person on earth would act if a relevant religious figure from history appeared from a religiously significant place via time travel, by all appearances sent by God. Maybe not the best example. Kai Winn arranging terrorist bombings and attempting assassinations on guys for not being the exact amount and flavor of religious she considered correct is a better one.
>>
>>52886670
>Tellarites: Extra Dorfy.

Dorfs aren't as technologically mediocre as Tellarites.
>>
>>52886670 >>52886745
If it's D&D, it might as well be 5e, and if it's 5e, stat lines wouldn't include bonuses to so many things. Hang on, let me give it a shot...

- Human: +1 to all stats. Humans are jacks of all trades.
- Vulcan: +1 Strength, +2 Intelligence. Vulcans are stronger than humans, but nevertheless prize mental ability over physical.
- Tellarite: +1 Constitution, +2 Wisdom: Tellarites are hardy and possess keen insight and acumen.
- Andorian: +2 Constitution, +1 Charisma. Andorians are passionate and capable of withstanding extremes of both heat and cold.
- Bajorans: +2 to any one stat, +1 to any other stat. Bajorans are varied in their talents but tend to specialize in one area.
- Caitians: +2 Dexterity, +1 Charisma. Caitians are agile and sexy
- Trill (Unjoined): +1 Intelligence, +1 Wisdom. Even unjoined Trill tend to have strong senses of self and insight.
- - Trill (Joined): +1 Wisdom, +1 Charisma. These stack with base Trill attributes. Joined Trill benefit from the wisdom and personality of their symbiot.
- Betazoid: +2 Wisdom, +1 Charisma. Their empathic and telepathic abilities make Betazoids insightful and charismatic.
- Klingons: +2 Strength, +1 Constitution. A warrior race, Klingons are skilled at both dishing out and receiving punishment.
- Romulans: +1 Strength, +2 Charisma: A Vulcan offshoot, Romulans value personal magnetism and force of personality over raw intellect.
- Cardassians: +1 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom: Cardassians are very savvy and insightful.
- Ferengi: +2 Charisma, +1 Dexterity. Ferengi are surprisingly agile and, while abrasive, have a tendency to convince others to do what they want.
- Gorn: +2 Strength, +1 Intelligence. Gorn are physically intimidating, but their minds are quite keen as well.
- Ferasans: +2 Dexterity, +1 Strength. The progenitors of the Caitians, Ferasans are agile and strong.
- Pakled: +2 Wisdom, +1 Constitution: Pakleds are more insightful and cunning then they let on, as well as tough.
>>
>>52887444
I could probably be persuaded to do full write-ups for at least a few of the races, if for no other reason then the people screaming that D&D can't do Star Trek would amuse me so very much.
>>
>>52887444
Andorians can't withstand the heat. Where'd you get that?

>>52887471
Sounds cool.
>>
>>52887505
>Andorians can't withstand the heat. Where'd you get that?

From Shran saying that when he was younger he fell into a bore worm nest where the temperature was near the boiling point of water. He was stuck there for 3 days before being rescued, and the only result was that he'd lost 10% of his body weight. (ENT S4E14, "The Aenar")

A human in the same situation would be dead inside of, like, half an hour max.
>>
>>52887532
Oh, alright. As for the full write ups, why don't you do the four Fed founding races, Klingons, and Roms?
>>
>>52887532
Whoops, sorry, it was 10% of his body weight in two days, not three.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Andorian#Physiology

And yeah, I double-checked with Google. A human in the same conditions would be dead within minutes.
>>
>>52887557
Yeah, sure, why not, I've got nothing better to do. And for once this thread will actually be discussing /tg/ related stuff.
>>
File: Star Trek Races for 5e.pdf (237KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Star Trek Races for 5e.pdf
237KB, 1x1px
Here we go. Keep in mind that it's 3:47 AM where I am, so these are probably not the best. But they're good starting points.
>>
>>52887532
>boiling point of water
If air pressure is much lower that might not actually be that hot.
>>
>>52888011
It might not be, but as we have no statement to that effect I'm going to take it at face value.
>>
>>52887963
Good job, anon.
>>
File: 1366787396807.jpg (83KB, 762x668px) Image search: [Google]
1366787396807.jpg
83KB, 762x668px
>>52886538
>Would a half Klingon fetus damage Dax by headbutting the symbiont indirectly?
>>
Patch notes for todays expansion!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10476223-pc-patch-notes-for-4%2F25%2F17

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10426883-details-on-space-balance-changes

>Delta rising missions changed a bit, sector space patrols no longer necessary to advance in story
>Kobali ground missions rolled into 3 missions
>Lowered the required XP to get to 60 from 50
>Lowered enemy ships health and reworked how damage is calculated

Did they, dare i say, /fixthefuckinggame/?
>>
>>52888576
>Expansion
Meant to say patch.
I need to take off the auto correct in my brain.
>>
>>52888576
Oh sure. Just look at that part. Pay no attention to the fact that they're nerfing EVERYTHING into the ground.
>>
>>52888875
Personally i believe it's to pave the way for future T7 ships.
>>
>>52888576

>Added a free skill repec token to all characters upon log in.
>a

If they're going to try to make a bunch more skills viable, the least they can do is let me experiment without charging me extra.

I wanted to try some gimmicky builds with Kinetic Magnet/Photonic Shockwave, but I know it won't be worth it.
>>
>>52888897
T6 includes hyper-advanced future dreadnoughts, Iconian doomsday machines and the most lethal Temporal weapon ever imagined. What the fuck would they put in T7? V'ger? A spacebourne Q?
>>
>>52888897
No mechanic that they could clearly fold into T7. Heavy weapons would have been it but they're folding them into T6. Besides, they've got practically unlimited room for T6 stuff...and there's more money to be made by not intentionally antagonizing the community with T7.
>>
>>52886538
>Klingons are big on family honor and storytellers. Would every subsequent host of a symbiont that was once joined to a part Klingon be an honorary member of their former self's House?

Yes.

Jadzia Dax was part of the house of Martok. Worf and Martok had a talk about it. Worf told Ezri that she was Dax and therefore part of the House.
>>
>>52889424
All the insane shit gets shunted into the T7 category, thus freeing both T6 and T7 for more ships.
>>
>>52889544
They already antagonized the playerbase with T6 back in the day and the subsequent enemy buffs and the 30 minute cooldown on STF queues and by adding the god forsaken delta missions, of which half were sector space patrols.
>>
Dukat did nothing wrong.
>>
>>52888875
>t. assblasted beamboating munchkin
>>
>>52891565
Dukat is a great character. But he is a terrible Cardassian. He's a narcissist through and through. He can't help but compare himself to Sisko, making him a perfect foil to his character. He constantly grandstands about how he's justified in whatever particular scheme he's gone off on. As far as he's concerned, the only person that really matters is himself.

Even people that he claims to love are, in his mind, there to assert what a great and magnanimous person he is. Kira working with him "proves" what a charismatic man he is. His children "prove" what a loyal and forthright Cardassian he is. The only real exception to this is Ziyal. I think Dukat may have genuinely loved her and her mother.

And yet it's his very self obsession that stops him from being a good Cardassian. A few threads back I described a bit about how the Cardassian ideal is one of total service to the state and family. Their literature and military doctrine espouse "The Never Ending Sacrifice" towards a yet Greater Cardassia and a strong family line.

Of course this doesn't always pan out. plenty of the Cardassians we see have personal ambitions, and often interpret "service to the state" as "fixing the state". But very few of them ever let that ambition overstep their duty. Besides Dukat, the only other Cardassians we really see in dereliction of duty to Cardassia are Garak (look how that worked out) and Tekheny Ghemor, who was trying to protect the woman he thought was his daughter, his family.

Even the various resistance movements we see throughout the show (Natima, True Way, Damar) all stand for Cardassia. For saving Cardassia from Corruption, from the Federation, from the Dominion. Dukat claims to stand for Cardassia, but only ever with him as it's master. He never accepts that he may have to die to save Cardassia, because that would be admitting that he's unnecessary.
>>
>>52893223
And a lot of Cardassians seem to know this.

Dukat gets hung out to dry by his own people on a regular basis. They were so sure he'd save himself rather than die at the hands of Bajoran rebels that they recorded a message and fail-safe into Terok Nor's computer.

When the Maquis capture him, the High Command decide to let him die. When he returns toCardassia with his daughter, Ziyal, he goes from hero to Cargo hauler. Even when he captures a Klingon vessel, making him a hero again, they just muzzle him again by making him Military Advisor to a state Already on the verge of surrender.

It's only by selling out his people yet again that he achieves the position he craves so desperately. Once again, his own hubris and self-involvement are what screw him.

And that's all part of what makes him a fantastic villain. A terrible person, an even worse officer, but a fantastic bad guy.

>>52891945
To come back to your statement Dukat did plenty wrong.
>allying with the dominion
>saving his enemies on numerous occasions just so he could gloat
>getting involved with a religion
>>
>>52893223
> dereliction of duty to Cardassia
> Garak

Say what now?
>>
>>52893445
If you haven't read "A Stitch in Time", I'd seriously recommend not reading the spoilers. It's fairly short and genuinely worth the read.

In "A Stitch in Time" his betrayal of Tain was last chance that he was sleeping with the wife of a prominent Gul. Tain then ordered him to kill that Gul

There is, to be fair, a lot of context-sensitive wiggle room when it comes to Garak's betrayal. But the important thing is that it was perceived as treason. Garak is an example of how badly you can get burned for abandoning Cardassia's current principles, or rather, being on the losing side during a struggle to redefine those principles
>>
>>52893223
>The only real exception to this is Ziyal. I think Dukat may have genuinely loved her and her mother.
Notice how he only ever gives a shit about Ziyal in order to get to Kira. I can't think of a single moment where Dukat actually showed genuine fatherly love for his own daughter that wasn't just another way to try and get into Kira's pants.
>>
>>52893810
When she dies and he completely snaps, he's not doing it to get to Kira, he's just doing it because he cares. It's kinda the proof that he gives a shit, even if he's bad at expressing it.
>>
>>52893844
And even then he didn't snap just because of Ziyal, he snapped because he lost literally everything in one instant.
>>
>>52893810
According to Ziyal he never acted ashamed of her while they were on Cardassia and even made a point to bring her to all the sites and make up for lost time.
>>
>>52893909
He also was furious with Kira for allowing Ziyal to be friends with Garak, believing he was protecting his daughter from bad associations. That doesn't jibe with wanting in Kira's pants, why would he have threatened her if he wasn't concerned about his daughter?

He cares, he's just shitty at showing it (because he's a shitty person).
>>
File: cirno patrick ds9.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cirno patrick ds9.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>52893935
I still can't believe we had an episode of Star Trek where one of the villains calls up the XO and says "happy birthday oh by the way I literally fucked your mom." Dukat is hall of fame material for that alone.
>>
>>52894160
I still can't believe we had an episode of Star Trek where BEVERLY CRUSHER FUCKED A GHOST.
>>
>>52893223
>>52893239
Dukat is viewed with contempt by pretty much all Cardassians we see. Why? Because he is obviously self-serving. As stated, Cardassians value self-sacrifice, putting the needs of the community (which in DS9 time is code for "the State") before all. Obviously, a lot of people, especially ambitious people, are not going to idealize that virtue. Kinda like Klingons - they talk a lot about honor and stuff, but a lot of the Klingons we see don't live up to their ideals. However, both Klingons and Cardassians make a big effort to look like they're living their own respective ideals.
The problem with Dukat was that, again, he was publicly obvious about not living them. He was very obviously out for himself, against all other considerations. Sure, he talked the talk, but only because he had to give at least that much consideration to society's views, in order to get himself ahead. And to top it all off, it was obvious he felt he deserved what he was looking to get, that Cardassia owed him. When it was obvious to all that Duras was craven, the Klingon High Council had to act as disgusted as they felt the whole time, since that's what honor required. However, the Cardassians couldn't do similar to Dukat, even though they were all similarly disgusted with him, until he too proved himself just as craven in their system (when he legitimized Ziyal instead of rejecting her).
Dukat's thing was that, despite how despised he was by pretty much everyone, he was actually good at what he did. He's a delusional narcissist, but he's more than competent (which probably further fed his personality flaws). He understands Cardassians, at least, so was able to play the field, and see where he needed to be, when he needed to be there, and what he needed to do to increase his own prestige and position.
His biggest flaw, though, was his Bajoran fetish - both in the sexual sense, and the psychological sense. It became a serious blind spot for him, and eventually ruined him.
>>
File: startrek1stboxlid.jpg (41KB, 404x500px) Image search: [Google]
startrek1stboxlid.jpg
41KB, 404x500px
Don't know if anyone is interested, but the guy who wrote the Gray Book just released a version of FASA Trek written under the Cepheus Engine 2d6 SciFi OGL.

He's essentially taken the old FASA Trek, updated it a bit, added a few races from the later series, and re-written it for Mongoose Traveller.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f22onfg8dywzeq3/Star_Trek_Alpha_Quadrant.pdf
>>
File: 1450073609456.gif (708KB, 408x303px) Image search: [Google]
1450073609456.gif
708KB, 408x303px
>>52893223
>>52894917
>grew up with Voyager's "WE'LL BE BACK NEXT WEEEEEEEEEEK" Borg Queen
>missed out on superior spoonhead antagonist
>>
>>52895487
I know that feel, man.
>>
>>52895487
At least you can watch them now.
>>
>>52894391
That might actually be the worst episode ever
>>
>>52897893
Sorry I can't hear you over the sounds of Shades of Grey.
>>
>>52895487
>also grew up with Borg Queen's moustache-twirling villainy
>was completely put off watching DS9 by Seska Bangs Wannabe Klingons Just To Fuck Over Chakotay: Part 9
>>
>>52893564
>drawing conclusions about canon based on a non canon source
>>
>>52898024
>Not reading the second half of the post

It bears mentioning the book was written by Andrew Robinson (Garak) during the filming of DS9 so he could get in the mindset of Garak. So during filming that was the material that he was drawing on.
>>
>>52882525
Alidar Jarok, what an excellent spy, too excellent a spy, killed in the line of duty and never dropping his deep cover persona, a true Romulan hero to the core.
Too bad about his daughter though, damn traitor.
>>
>>52882147
To be fair, apart from the park, it is rather drab.
>>
File: 654494-borgqueen001.jpg (80KB, 682x1079px) Image search: [Google]
654494-borgqueen001.jpg
80KB, 682x1079px
The Borg Queen is hawt
>>
>>52888875
>Subnuke is now a boff power
>Photonic fleet made useful again
>TR fixed
>Exotic damage getting a buff overall
>Boarding parties buffed
>Grav torpedo fixed
>Cannon firing cycle extended
>FAW and Overload reduced from autism-tier endgame fuckery
>Tac powers fixed
Cry more into the wallet you emptied minmaxing, and let the rest of us enjoy the fucking game.
>>
>>52898744

I'm into some weird shit (and Star Trek is probably to blame for some of it), but I have to disagree man.

To each their own.

I'll be collecting green hotties in chains and writing Vulcan Love Slave: The Reslavening Part 2 from the comforts of my Excelsior.
>>
>>52898816
>Subnuke is now a boff power

They reverted that change for no raisin.
>>
File: 320x240.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
320x240.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
Data thinks she's hot
>>
File: borg-queen-213557-640x320.jpg (40KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
borg-queen-213557-640x320.jpg
40KB, 640x320px
And what is Locutus staring at?
>>
File: Enterprise Viewing Guide V1.png (413KB, 800x3071px) Image search: [Google]
Enterprise Viewing Guide V1.png
413KB, 800x3071px
So a while back people were saying that there was no viewing guide for Enterprise. So I went and made one because I had started re-watching the show.

Here you go:
>>
>>52899143
I assume the ratings are related to the specific series quality rather than across star trek as a whole?

Nice work on the spoiler-free, mostly neutral summaries btw. I'd have not been able to stop with things like 'the one where rape is funny as long as its male victim' or 'we're so stupid we forgot planets are big until the end'.
>>
>>52897893
It really isn't. It's bad don't get me wrong but compared to the shit in Season 1 it's only regular shit, it's not hyper-shit.
>>
>>52898744
M-Class Podcast.
>>
>>52898358
So that's what, 80% of major cities in the world from the air?
>>
>>52899470
Exactly, you'd expect their capital to be well within a 20% that have more interesting shapes and inspired architecture than grey concrete literally everywhere.
>>
>>52899408
yeah, the quality and importance is specific to the series. i considered dividing down the "Okay" section into just good or bad but honestly I couldn't muster enough love or hat for any of them to qualify them.
>>
>>52899570
>couldn't muster enough love or hat for any of them to qualify them.

That says so much about it as a whole.
>>
>>52899143
Awesome, thanks anon.
>>
>>52899143
>Carbon Creek
>bad
Opinion discarded. Velcro thing was the only bad thing about it, and that was 30 seconds of the whole show.
>>
>>52900260
>>52900260
I can't really put int words why i dislike Carbon Creek. I just feel a sort of nauseating hatred towards it. The only other episodes I feel similarly about are the various time-travel episodes that pop up.
>>
>>52900702
I get that. It's a formulaic juxtaposition of advanced outsiders over the corniest era of Americana. That comes with a certain level of divisiveness. If you enjoy the aesthetics of that era you'll probably get some kicks from the episode, but "awkwardness caused by aliens trying to blend in on Earth" is something that Trek has done before and much better. Nobodies going to argue that Carbon Creek holds a candle to The Voyage Home.

Is it a bad episode? I don't really know. It's certainly not good but I'd probably give it a dismissive "okay" if I were feeling generous.
>>
File: proofreading.png (247KB, 1002x665px) Image search: [Google]
proofreading.png
247KB, 1002x665px
>>52880817
Why does the playtest doc for Star Trek Adventures make reference to Conan?
>>
>>52901409
Modiphius' previous game with the same system was a Conan adventure game. They probably just copy/pasted sections from there.
>>
>>52898816
>No it isn't
>It was never not useful, and has always been the best Cap ability in the game
>Meh
>Actually, it was a debuff overall. Less damage on 3 of the 5 key abilities.
>Whoop-dee-FUCKING-doo.
>Grav torp got debuffed, too, bruh.
>Wow! It's fucking nothing!.png
>Don't really care that much about the dubuff to FaW despite running beam boats. It wasn't THAT big a hit, honestly.
>Tac powers were broken?
I mostly run exotic/torp hybrids, and my time to kill jumped a ton this morning.
>>
Just was randomly derping around, listening to music (I'll let you guess what it was,) and this idea popped innahead. Anybody remember the USS Ark Royal, home of Lt. Dave Innatubes? Got another resident for you.

> Mother Hanne Reuter, Teutonic Knight-Errant, Defender of the Faith, Warden of the Frail, Reformed Roman Catholic Priest.
Although most of humanity and the United Federation of Planets at large are without religion in the 2400s, that rule is not absolute. The old faiths were not exterminated, and although they dwindled precipitously in the 21st-century, they did not dwindle to nonexistence. Indeed, if one can tear oneself away from gleaming San Fransisco and travel to Italy, to Rome, one can still find the Pope of the Reformed Roman Catholic Church leading Sunday Mass from the rebuilt Vatican.

Most humans in the Federation consider religious members of their species to be a vague embarrassment; part of humanity's rich cultural tapestry, of course, but one which they would prefer remained firmly in the past. Those who are religious find this attitude frankly insulting, when forced to confront it directly, and sometimes they opt to hare off and settle some remote colony as a bloc of their own. On the whole, such colonies are basically indistinguishable from other human-dominant Federation small colonies, if one doesn't recognize the local house of worship for what it is.
>>
>>52902243

Nothing, that is, unless one had a holodeck, and religious or not, Federation folk love nothing more than a good holodeck. Hanne was blessed with good genes, growing up strong, tall and fast, and when she wasn't praying or studying the Bible, she was either running around, riding on horseback (of course they brought horses; nobody goes to a giant pasture-moon without horses,) or playing around in the holodeck, where she gained a love of creative anachronism, that soon blossomed when she was a teenager into a love of recreational medieval European martial arts.

Archery, jousting, even a spot of siege engineering; sword-and-board, mace, warhammer and more, Hanne Reuter can do it all, but by far and away she is a Teutonic terror with a zweihänder or longsword in her grip, mounted or on foot. Along with the practical recreation came an interest in the historical contexts her hobby developed in, and Hanne became something of a scholar of medieval European knightly orders, eventually discovering that, through her father, she was descended from a family of Knights of the Teutonic Order.

This personal connection to the history of chivalric warfare, albeit distant, thoroughly resonated with Hanne, and she took to wearing white with a black cross, and whenever she participated in a holodeck or recreation fight, would wear the appropriate chivalric heraldry. All in all, perfectly ordinary hobbies for a bored teenager and bored young woman who seemed basically certain to eventually become a Reformed Roman Catholic Priest like her mother and father.
>>
>>52902265

Eventually, that is, until warfare came to her home, during the brief but bloody and intense war between the United Federation of Planets and the Klingon Empire in the early 2400s. A band of Orion Pirates, acting under the aegis and protection of the Empire and looking for a return to the ways of old and equipped with a brand-new, surplus quartet of D12-class Bird of Prey, struck the tiny, insignificant moon, looking simply to capture (and kill) people.

It seemed like a plan that couldn't possibly be screwed up. The colony's only defenses, beyond a shield grid intended more to protect against hostile weather than hostile fire, amounted to a trio of pre-Danube-class runabouts that were no match for a warship. Furthermore, the Warbird had the ability to perform an old, old trick with its disruptor cannons, generating a tetryon field that disabled phasers - admittedly, also disruptors, but that was, the Orions thought, to their advantage, as they stereotyped Starfleet - the warriors, as they saw it, of the Federation - as weak and soft, so the civilians must have been as soft as newborn tribbles.

The raiders landed, and in a surprise attack, disabled all of the colony's craft and blew up what they saw as the armory - the local constabulary. They then proceeded to run amok, where the raw strength of races like Orions and Klingons prevailed against far greater numbers, despite experiencing more resistance than they expected.
>>
>>52901409
>>52901471
From that same screenshot,

>The gamemaster begins each session with Threat equal to the total number of Fortune points possessed by all the player characters.

What the fuck is Fortune? It doesn't show up anywhere else in the playtest.
>>
File: Teutonic_Heraldry.png (5KB, 254x295px) Image search: [Google]
Teutonic_Heraldry.png
5KB, 254x295px
>>52902280

With the constabulary blown up and the peace officers dead, what locals could fled to the security of the local church - although new construction, it had been built to emulate an old, old one, and was built of thick, heavy masonry, with narrow windows high up in the walls that would not permit entry. The frightened population, reduced in number to less than three dozen alive and uncaptured, huddled together, whispering quietly, nervously, as those technically minded of them managed a transporter dampening field and made distress calls, then simply reported what went on, in the grim knowledge that help, though on the way, couldn't possibly arrive in time. The rest prayed, most of them in the pews, fervently gazing up at the friendly image of Jesus of Nazereth standing in front of a cross, with a benevolant smile on his face.

All, that is, except Hanne. Hanne had not made peace with either dying, or being some Orion's human sex-slave. Hanne, whose family lived in the rectory attached to the church, and so had her things.

Hanne clanked as she walked grimly to the front of the church, clad in maille-backed plate, carrying her best, her for-display-use-only, razor-sharp, modern-alloy zweihander. A few of her remaining friends had raided her hobby room and stood at her side with what weapons they could procure that would have effect - warhammer, mace, and sword, as Hanne took a knee, hands on the cruciform hilt of her blade, staring at the door, and prayed - not the modern Lord's Prayer, but a far-older prayer, a Crusader's prayer before battle, in German. The Orions wanted an old-school fight, and she intended to oblige in spades.
>>
>>52902326

The Orions expected an easy fight, and in most of the colony, they got one. Knives and short swords were overkill against unarmed civilians; they hadn't brought anything heavier. A few klingons in their midst had bat'leth, but they had neither expected, nor encountered, serious resistance, until they kicked in the front doors of the town church.

They certainly were not expecting a flame-haired, electric-blue-eyed young human woman, better-armored and arguably better-armed than any of them, roaring condemnation and hellfire and wielding a larger blade than any of them had brought, clad in white with a black cross across the entirety of her tabard, to simply remove the heads from the first two Orions through the door with one swing.

What ensued was a bloody, murderously brutal melee, with some arguably-inexplicable boons on the side of the righteous. The raiding marauders had the locals, generally, vastly outclassed and outgunned, while Hanne in turn vastly outclassed and was far better-equipped for the forcibly-imposed conditions of muscular warfare. She had always been a strong, healthy, tall woman, but in the aftermath the survivors would swear she outperformed every Klingon who set foot in the church, physically overpowering them and, in one confirmed instance, cleaving straight through a solid bat'leth and its owner; in another, physically running an orion through, and continuing on to impale an armored Klingon warrior behind her.
>>
>>52902337

In the end, the Battle of New Hamburg Church was ultimately a Pyhrric victory for the defenders. The attackers were at first eager to finish up, then once bloodied, poured in to avenge their fallen comrades. Numbers on both sides dwindled drastically, but no matter what, Hanne Reuter did not let up, showed no signs of tiring or flagging, and the weapons the attackers brought were simply incapable of hurting a woman wearing full chivalric plate armor, as they lacked both impact weapons and purpose-built penetrators, and were not experienced enough fighting such an opponent to get the bright idea to bum-rush, grapple and kill with small knives. The other defenders, though, suffered horribly, even afer the bloodshed had galvanized the locals into arming themselves with whatever improvised (and then later, now-ownerless) weapons they could lay their hands on. Though the defenders won, essentially all of the adults of the colony were horribly injured, captured, or dead by the time the attackers simply gave up and fled outside of the transporter jammers to escape into Warp ahead of the incoming Starfleet-shaped retribution.

The survivors were evacuated, and wound up on Earth. Hanne, whilst outright rejecting any claims of sainthood or obvious divine intervention, nevertheless gave credit for the dogged defense that resulted in saving some two-thirds of the colony's children from the marauders to God. She found herself in front of the Pope of the Reformed Roman Catholic Church, and in consecutive breaths took oaths of the reformed priesthood, claimed membership in the Order of Brothers of the German House of Saint Mary in Jerusalem, and requested that she be assigned to a Starfleet ordinariate, to care for the spiritual needs of Reformed Roman Catholics serving or living as civilians aboard Starfleet vessels or installations.
>>
>>52902346

Her reasoning was twofold; firstly, she owed Starfleet for saving everyone she had fought so hard on the ground to protect from what surely would have been a photon torpedo strike, had they not run off the pirates. Secondly, after what she had seen and done, she felt she was too turbulent for any sort of normal post.

Her request was granted, and, moderately aghast at the person they now had to deal with, Starfleet took one look at her and did with Mother Hanne Reuter exactly what they did with everyone too crazy to put in a normal post, and too indispensable (in this case, whom they were outright obliged to permit to care for the faithful,) to see to the spiritual needs of the Reformed Roman Catholic crew and civilians aboard USS Ark Royal, numbering (including herself,) a round twenty-four.

No possible place could have been better for Hanne Reuter. Aboard the Ark Royal, she provides spiritual and temporal guidance to her small flock, quite eagerly participates in regular martial arts contests/training exercises, and flings herself with wholehearted abandon into the bloody business of repelling the at-least-once-weekly hostile boarding.

As for the claims of divine intervention, they remain undetermined. Hanne appears, genetically speaking, to be ordinary; a healthy, strong, tall European girl, to be sure, but nothing out of the ordinary. Even so, she comes as close or closer than most of the crew to matching the martial performance of bona fide Human Augments, with whom she is capable of sparring on an almost-equals basis. Her sword, despite numerous deep and intensive scans by the ship's science and armory officers, appears to be mundane, albiet forged of modern materials, yet in the heat of a genuine fight (and ONLY the heat of battle-to-the-death) has been recorded to glint unaccountably, following which inevitably comes a deathblow capable of hewing through any physical protection, cleaving armor, sinew, blade and bone alike.
>>
File: description.jpg (136KB, 405x366px) Image search: [Google]
description.jpg
136KB, 405x366px
>>52902243
>>52902265
>>52902280
>>52902326
>>52902337
>>52902346
>>52902361
>>
>>52902361
20 words or less, not a fucking phonebook.
>>
(Sorry, sorry, couldn't resist. I think of that one screenshot whenever I see an MMO background of a certain sort. It's, well, an interesting background, anon.)
>>
New Kentar City reminds me a lot of Deus Ex IW specifically.
>>
>>52903079

Was anyone else a little put off by just how fast Kuumaarke managed to unbomb the moon?
>>
>>52903256
I think there was supposed to be a bit of time elapsed there, which for some reason didn't happen. Not much time (because why not carry terraforming equipment on your first proper starship?), but some.
>>
>Cryptic screw up and accidentally reveals us the next T6 holiday ship

Who else is hype for the mon calamari cruiser?
>>
>>52899143
How you didn't call S2E6 "The One with Seven Samurai" or some variation thereof is beyond me.

I don't get S2E20's fake title ("The One Where Mayweather Apparently has Family"), since Mayweather having family on the ECS Horizon was well-established long before this episode (and kind of made his character innately sad to anyone who's versed in Star Trek lore, given that Horizon is the name of the ship in TOS "A Piece of the Action" that was destroyed not long after encountering the pre-Gangster planet, meaning that we knew that Mayweather's family was doomed).

I appreciate that I'm not the only once who noticed an ironclad rule for Enterprise: if Shran has a speaking role in the episode, then it's good.

You seem to have accidentally put a TNG episode as the season finale. Everyone knows that Star Trek: Enterprise was cancelled before its last episode could be aired, and that episode was lost to time. The last aired episode that anyone has ever actually seen was "Terra Prime".
>>
>>52902295
Again, I would assume that's a lazy copy/paste
>>
>>52905886
i think what he's saying with Horizon is that Mayweather is forgettable
>>
what the fuck was o'brien's problem

he always looked constipated or upset about something with the way his brow was always furrowed

is this what happens when you marry a japanese hate ghost?
>>
>>52907487
On the Enterprise D? Imagine you're an MIT PhD graduate of engineering, and you work as a doorman at CERN. And you're married to the aforementioned Hate Ghost. You may also get swept up in the bizarre shenanigans of the staff at CERN, and get turned into an Orangutan because the LHC leaked.

On DS9? Now you're letting your engineering skills out to play on a reactor maintained by people who thought both metric and imperial were dogshit, and use base 13 notation because fuck you. Not only that, but any time something bad happens to the station, there are even odds it totally fucks your life over and sticks you next to the condescending CMO. And you're *still* married to the Hate Ghost, and no one can tell the difference between her and an extra dimensional entity that wants to kill everyone on Bajor.
>>
>>52907601
Also your XO is having the baby you conceived with the hate ghost so now there's zero breathing room between work and family life, your CO is worshipped by the XO's entire species, apparently for a good reason, various government officials on Bajor personally hate you for the XO thing, aliens made you do twenty years of hard time in less than a week, the Dominion is attacking again, the barkeep's shitty midget nephew is now your superior officer, Starfleet Intelligence uses you as an undercover asset deep in Orion Syndicate space for weeks at a time, Cardassian women are always trying to restrain you for either fun time or incarceration, and every time the hate ghost adds a new decoration to your quarters there's a non zero chance it's the station constable in disguise.

But hey, at least you get to be ChEng on an experimental battleship sometimes!
>>
>>52907713
Oh man, I forgot some of that anon. Wait for the worst part: O'Brien is canonically never offered even Lieutenant, let alone Lieutenant Commander, while Nog becomes a Captain.
>>
>>52907737

Don't forget, O'Brien died and was replaced by a temporal duplicate.
>>
>>52907737
O'Brien had a field commission during the first Cardie war, he's probably been offered a full commission plenty of times and turned it down because he prefers actually doing shit.
>>
>>52907826
According to one of the writers, they attempted to get O'Brien promoted out from CPO so they could do more, since even Cadets are Ensigns when in the field, and they wanted a chance to give him a real "command." The producers immediately shot it down saying he couldn't be an officer. Colm Meaney said at a con once that he was told Picard tried to get him a promotion as part of his leaving the D, but that was denied. At least he becomes the leader of the Terran Rebellion in the Mirror universe I guess.
>>
>>52907857
>The producers immediately shot it down saying he couldn't be an officer.

why
h
y
>>
>>52908217
FYRB
>>
>>52908217
>Berman
>good decisions in DS9
They're not compatible.
>>
>>52908217
Because being the common everyman is the main element of his character. Making him a super special awesome officer like everyone else would've wasted that. The bigger failing is Trek's insistence on shafting non-coms in general.
>>
File: phasers.png (2MB, 1018x1416px) Image search: [Google]
phasers.png
2MB, 1018x1416px
>>52907487
>what the fuck was o'brien's problem
Gee idunno, maybe being the victim of every bad thing that ever happened on DS9?

Remember that time his brain was edited to give him twenty years worth of hell-prison memories? Remember how Bashir talked him down from a phaser to his head on maximum setting?

Would you like to know what a type-2 hand phaser does on maximum setting?
>>
>>52902361
You've turned the Shadow the Edgehog meme into a huge wall of text. It's shit, to put it bluntly.

Ark Royal started off as one dude going Innatubes and built from there into an alternate side setting that was the whacky end of Trek, but still Trek.

Then someone introduced 2 sisters that looked 18 but were actually 300 years old and were masters of weeaboo fightan magic. It went downhill from there. I suppose putting Coldsteel the Ensign into the mix is the inevitable conclusion for the cavalcade of shit.
>>
>>52908269
To be fair, making O'Brien a mustang officer would make him no less unique in Starfleet for the most part, since we don't see any other noncoms aside from security detachments during the war. Picard's dorky alternate was just a junior lieutenant for forty years, so it's possible that being a mustang would be something that doesn't really happen (at least in the shows). And at least his position of CE gives him equivalency to Lieutenant Commander on board DS9 and the Defiant, I suppose.
>>
File: Miles and Keiko OBrien.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Miles and Keiko OBrien.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>
>>52907601
>no one can tell the difference between her and an extra dimensional entity that wants to kill everyone on Bajor.
>TFW the entity was actually nicer than normal Keiko and you could tell.
>>
>>52908510
Going on raw experience, O'Brien is probably better than half the ship Engineers in Starfleet. He's rebuilt every system on DS9 and the Defiant 3 times over and he's served on the Federation flagship. Shiny pips or no, the man knows what he's doing.

His non-com status wouldn't even be an issue if we didn't see damn near everybody in Starfleet wearing officer pips, including O'Brien, who wore the following ranks at one point or another:

CPO - DS9
None (presumably crewman) - DS9
Ensign - TNG, DS9
Junior Lietenant - TNG
Lieutenant - TNG
One black pip (Junior Ensign? Warrant Officer?) - TNG
>>
>>52884210
>>Physician of the Century: Doctor Phlox's momentous decision to promote the well being of an oppressed minority
>Not being charged for crimes against species along with Janeway
>>
>>52909742
>The Voyage of Janeway; why men still believe the patriarchy lines!
>>
>>52909329
Did we ever find out if he has a giant collection of medals somewhere?

Seems like the kinda guy who would have a list of awards as long as your arm (even before the Dominion War) that he just keeps quiet about.
>>
>>52910544
In the episode of DS9 where he's testifying in Worf's defence, the Klingon lawyer states that "Starfleet has decorated him fifteen times".

On top of that, Garak refers to him as "The Hero of Setlic 3" frequently during Empok Nor, even before he went... lets call it "Full Garak". The way it's said leads me to believe that might be an honorific given to hm by Starfleet.
>>
>>52907487
>http://chiefobrienatwork.com/
>>
>>52910544
He's definitely not some nobody in the eyes of Starfleet, they did give him an Academy teaching position after the war, and that's something they usually reserve for the gods among men in their field.
>>
File: 1399853388505.jpg (145KB, 871x871px) Image search: [Google]
1399853388505.jpg
145KB, 871x871px
>>52911118
Not only that, but he apparently never went to space college himself, let alone The Academy. He just enlisted in Starfleet when his dad wanted him to go to some faggy music school. Even more practically-oriented schools want their teachers to at least have a master's, no matter what their previous experience.
>the Suffering of Miles O'Brien continues as he has to take courses in xenomicrobiology and Betazoid history, along with the classes he has to teach
>and everyone and their mom wanting him to fix stuff
>>
>>52908484
The sisters in question are not magical, anon. They've just spent a few hundred years chillin' innawoods on the Baku planet in the briar patch, practicing and occasionally popping up to see how the galaxy changed. The Baku let them stick around because they kicked the Klingon Empire the hell out before the Klinks could find out about the Baku or the regeneration radiation.

And please actually fucking read the things you're complaining about; Hanne is a civilian living aboard the most dangerous ship in Starfleet as, quite literally, a chaplain for 23 other people aboard who share her faith.
>>
>>52909742
Hate to point this out, but I'm pretty sure that withholding a vaccine isn't a crime.
>>
>>52912220

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omission_(criminal_law)#Failure_to_provide_medical_treatment
>>
>>52912302
By that logic every single doctor in the entire world that isn't currently in Africa fighting AIDS is guilty of that crime.

Or since we don't currently have a cure for AIDS, replace it with whatever lethal but treatable disease we have in the real world that's a nonissue in Western society but still a plague in developing nations.
>>
>>52912437
The comparison there doesn't work because not every doctor in the world counts whatever part of Africa as their patients.

Phlox in this case was specifically supposed to be helping, having been tasked with it. The group size is irrelevant; he'd be just as liable if it were one person.
>>
File: ImADoctorOfManyFaces.png (800KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ImADoctorOfManyFaces.png
800KB, 600x800px
Does any one have the webms of the really down to earth one on one interviews of the Star Trek cast, the one where James Doohan/scotty talks about saving a really depressed girl and Kelly/McCoy talks about meeting people he inspired to get medical degrees?
>>
>>52899143
Good work, anon.

...you wouldn't like to suffer for Berman's sins a little more and do a full one for Voyager, no?
>>
>>52912437
Failure to provide care is not the fallacy of relative privation. By a startlingly large margin, you autist.
>>
>>52910855
The first time O'Brien kills is in the Cardassian war, the event is noted to be quite traumatic for him. So between that point and the time we first see him on the Enterprise he has somehow aquired a startling amount of respect, including 15 commendations. Not bad for someone of a low rank, which makes it so suprising that he *is* such a low rank.

Given what we know about the Federations opinion on violence (they hate it, and look down on those who commit it) I suggest that O'Brien spent that time being a combat monster.

Starfleet couldn't discharge him (because he fulfilled his duty), but they don't like being reminded of his methods. So they give him a quiet pat on the head and shift him off to be a janitor on the Enterprise. The flagship is a prestigious position so it looke like they are rewarding him, but he gets no publicity. That may explain why they also ship him off to DS9, it's a broken down station at the arse-end of nowhere that no one expects will become an important flashpoint.

Starfleet is embarressed by Rambo O'Brien, but they don't want to deal with the bad PR of tossing him to the wind.
>>
>>52915540
That make so much fucking sense.

Like holy shit.

It's also worth noting that at his trial on Carassia he can't estimate how many cardassians he has killed. He either has intentionally not being thinking about that because it sickens him or the number is so high he genuinely can't do it with any accuracy.
>>
>>52915689
It can be both.

But given the destructive capabilities he could have to hand even with just a bit of star fleet's magical engineering, could easily be a very large amount. A single torpedo in the right place at the right time alone even...
And we saw him do a lot of little tricks and traps stuff throughout the shows, particularly in Empok Nor. So even without a ton of supplies, well, he's very capable of doing a lot of damage.
>>
>>52915880
Explains why he married Keiko. She's his penance.
>>
File: oafQx.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
oafQx.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>>52915540
>>
>>52915540

It's a fun idea, but you said it yourself: Starfleet abhors violence. Chances are those commendations are for teleporting kittens out of burning buildings or something.
>>
>>52916066

Much more Miles "Spoonhead? Soon dead." O'Brien to teleport Cardassians into burning buildings.
>>
File: 1399853398101.png (502KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1399853398101.png
502KB, 600x450px
>>52908484
>>52912003
Not him, but I read the entire thing, and I'm going to have to disagree with you there, anon. Space Suit Dave was by far the funniest thing I'd seen on /stg/ for a LONG time All Hands Lost a distant runner up, and the first few supporting characters were still top tier bants. But the whole joke - or at least a large portion of it - was based around the fact that there was this one insane fucker going Innatubes on an otherwise normal ship, the fact that the security teams knew to stay the shit away from him and let him mop up any intruders, the fact that the quartermaster just gave up and left supplies aside for him to stock his Kingdom with. The first few others were top tier bants too, but once the Ark Royal came about as a concept it really started going downhill, and it ended up just a race to crew it entirely with LOLSORANDUMB steel donuts. The klink matriarch was really starting to push it, and at this point a lot of the newer characters sound like they're ripped straight from a Deviantart profile - you can say whatever the shit you like about "m-muh metaphasic radiation", but the 300-year-old teenage twins who fite s u p e r gud are just fucking cancerous.

Hell, I would've had a sensiblechuckle.gif usual at Hanne's story, but it was played waaaay too over the top to be remotely funny. Also, it's not even remotely Star Trek. You've forced headcanon, created literal fucking church worlds, shat on the Roddenberry box which in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, and decided to make literally everyone else other than your OC a fucking laughing stock, all for the sake of this forced DESU VULT meymey.

The joke was
>How the fuck did we even get assigned this guy? He's fucking insane, but...uh...surprisingly useful.
not
>Oh shit that's E D G Y , better assign them to this fuckhuge ship full of literal walking memes
>>
>>52916110
>I read the entire thing

I also did out of morbid curiosity. I feel worse for having done so. But yeah, Ark Royal has been shit since people started coming up with 'quirky' characters to jam into it, aka the start.

Frankly though given the continual presence of STO stuff as a focus, it's not really any wonder why that happened. MMOs are roleplaying/creative cancer.
>>
>>52913930
That might just be an impossible task
>>
>>52915540

Sooooo...
Basically, O'Brien would be a shoe-in for assignment to Ark Royal, except he's getting old and is teaching Engineering at SFA.
That makes disturbing amounts of sense.

>>52916110
I feel obliged to defend my "creation," as it were, since they were, in fact, kind of a joke I made because someone challenged me to make a crackfic KLK/Trek crossover.
1] *Not* twins.
2] Everybody fights super-good in Trek, if they're any kind of named character. Do you remember Jean-Luc Picard kicking the ass of a man literally half his age? Do you remember Sisko straight-up punching Q in the face? Jadzia Dax, the science nerd, taking a bat'leth and going full Klink with it? Do you remember QUARK, son of Keldar, doing the same goddamn thing? Also shooting a goddamn Jem'Hadar maniac dead? Do you remember the time those two augmented humans took over an entire Klingon Bird-of-Prey, starting barehanded? I don't even remember if those fuckers HAD names.

> Also, it's not even remotely Star Trek. You've forced headcanon, created literal fucking church worlds, shat on the Roddenberry box which in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, and decided to make literally everyone else other than your OC a fucking laughing stock, all for the sake of this forced DESU VULT meymey.

1] "Church world?" Try "Four hundred people with a shared interest hared off to live in peace on an idyllic pastoral world." This is the Federation. There's gonna be colonies out there formed from four hundred GEARHEADS who get their jollies building and racing hovercraft vroomvrooms all day. It's not like it was a crazy theocracy.
2] Laughingstock? Who in the world is a laughingstock? Nobody, that's who.
>>
>>52918015
>Do you remember Jean-Luc Picard kicking the ass of a man literally half his age?
No, but I remember him sucking in a fight without something he cold use on hand, like a saddle. Also major part of his character was that he sucked in a fight and got stabbed through the heart like a chump.

>Do you remember Sisko straight-up punching Q in the face?
He threw a punch. Didn't make him good at fighting, just ballsy.

>Jadzia Dax, the science nerd, taking a bat'leth and going full Klink with it?
She practised a fuckton. And still wasn't that good at it.

>Do you remember QUARK, son of Keldar, doing the same goddamn thing?
He had to have Worf basically puppetting him to do that because he explicitly sucks at fighting.

>Also shooting a goddamn Jem'Hadar maniac dead?
At point blank range. A child could have done the same.

Your examples are so shit you've got to be trolling.
>>
File: journeysend2[1].jpg (41KB, 475x363px) Image search: [Google]
journeysend2[1].jpg
41KB, 475x363px
>>52916110
Would like to point out that there are multiple colony worlds where groups of humans settled in order to preserve their culture without it falling into the Federation melting pot on Earth, including at least one with a heavy focus on spiritualism and religious beliefs. The idea that there's an explicitly Christian colony is very much not outside the realm of possibility.
>>
File: chaotica2.png (1MB, 1309x951px) Image search: [Google]
chaotica2.png
1MB, 1309x951px
>>52913930
I'd disagree and put "A Night In Sickbay" as The Worst over "Cogenitor", but that's really just a matter of opinion.

Not that anon, but I might give listing Voyager a shot.
>>
File: Klingon ale.png (311KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
Klingon ale.png
311KB, 500x370px
>>52919240
Hell, "Up the Long Ladder" had all but in name an Irish Catholic colony.
>>
>>52919295

Washing feet before marriage isn't very Catholic.
>>
>>52919477
>Washing feet before marriage
Really now?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_washing
>>
>>52919240
I think it was Sisko's smuggler girlfriend that mentioned going to church regularly back on her home colony.
>>
>>52919719

I was referencing how the Irish chick Riker fucked used "Washing feet" as a euphamism for sex.
>>
>>52919153

>Sisko punched a Q

I just want to point out, that not only is he a ballsy motherfucker, but he's also the Emissary and half-Prophet or whatever.
>>
>>52920358
I wonder if Q can fuck with the Prophets, or if the Prophets can fuck with Q, or if they're close enough in power level (and the Prophets' non-linearity thing is weird enough) that they kind of avoid fucking with each other?
>>
>>52921122
I figure Q could probably fuck with them, but they're so dull that it wouldn't be any fun.
>>
>>52921122

I've always assumed they're both something similar in effect, but started out as completely different things.

The Q are just some species that came to know everything, conquered time, space, the multiverse, whathaveyou. Either in the distant past, or the distant future. Which in the end doesn't matter, because they exist outside of time and are in effect existing at all times simultaneously (and are thus what we might call gods - except that they neither require worship nor reward it and did not create the universe).

The Prophets did something similar, but I suspect that their origin has something to do with Bajor, which is why they intervene on Bajor's behalf. I don't necessarily see that they require worship, but they do reward it.

The Q Continuum and the Celestial Temple are something outside of normal spacetime, and are separate things from each other, but similar enough that we can draw parallels. Time doesn't work the way we would expect it to, it appears to humanoids as familiar things from our own experiences because we fundamentally lack some manner of perceiving it as it really is.

So, could a Q and a Prophet duke it out? Probably. Whether the Prophets are more limited than the Q we don't know. It could simply be that the Prophets choose not to exert their power for reasons of their own, where the Q are perfectly content to meddle with anything that catches their fancy.

Or it could be that the Q are more advanced than the Prophets in their understanding of the universe.

Trek as a setting is strange in that it contains gods, godlike beings, and ultrapowerful entities that likely should have interacted at some point, but apparently have not.
>>
>>52921344
This.

>>52921122
Prophets whilst extra-dimensional dimension beings are very much limited by their choice of location. They are 'of Bajor' in their own way, somehow, and have in no way been shown to have even a fraction of a Q's capability to move/alter things.

Q whilst also having their own thing in the form of Q continuum, are far less limited. They have time manipulation like the Prophets, but also massive amounts of space and matter/energy manipulation capabilities. I don't think Q inhabit more than one universe though, or at least the branch of Q that we see seem to be directly limited to just the one universe rather than moving between them. But they do have massive control over the one they're in, given Q's offhand response to fixing a certain rogue moon problem involving changing the gravitational constant of the universe. Which even if just over a limited area is more impressive than anything the Prophets ever did, even including disappearing that Dominion fleet.
>>
File: 1470472744759.jpg (231KB, 606x583px) Image search: [Google]
1470472744759.jpg
231KB, 606x583px
>>52918015
>>52920358
Spoiler block contains copious weebery.
These are weaving oddly close to the setup I was thinking of for an NGE/DS9 crossover wherein Q arrives on Earth, sees the results of Third Impact, and shits himself in fifteen spatial dimensions because the Vulcans are coming in less than fifty years and everyone is Tang. A cosmic rewind is applied except for a few pilots, and Q dumps them on DS9 during the series as payback for Sisko decking him.
>>
>>52922308
I don't ACTUALLY watch or care about that particular form of weebery, but even so, I find that idea fucking hilarious.

Even so, mine wasn't actually a crossover (seriously, Federation Magic Science would detect Life Fibers practically instantly, and then they'd figure out how to 'cure' Life Fiber Infestation by the end of the episode, then they'd forcibly 'cure' Ryuko because obviously a human girl shouldn't be like that, and then she'd be super-QQ because they killed off her connection to her best friend/best outfit.)

It was a cracked-out AU recasting them as human augments from a colony of the Japanese superhumans who decided "fuck this noise" early and fucked off to space rather than deal with KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.
>>
>>52922308
Oh lordy.
>>
Opinions on those new PvP/PvE reward outfits?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10460633-the-competitive-wargames-reputation
>>
>>52925454
>Ground weapon is a tetryon powered revolver
>>
File: 1418973567510.jpg (51KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1418973567510.jpg
51KB, 700x525px
>>52925486
This or some flavor of power rangers.
>>
>>52925454
Flak cannon looks good. Everything else. Eh.
>>
File: IMG_2102.jpg (128KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2102.jpg
128KB, 1512x864px
>>
Anybody got good suggestions for foundry missions.
>>
>>52927872
Is the foundry still a thing?
>>
>>52928442
Yes.
>>
>>52929056
Well it ain't loading for me
>>
>>52922798
>then they'd forcibly 'cure' Ryuko because obviously a human girl shouldn't be like that

Maybe? They don't seem to mind the Trill.
>>
>>52929606
The Trill don't have a 300 year old boogeyman
>>
>>52929351

Yeah. That's usually a side effect of a new season. It'll get sorted. At some point.
>>
>>52916093
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjNQLXXwYfw
Battle of Setlik III reenactment: Miles O'Brien takes on a platoon of Cardassian troopers
>>
>>52922308
>Sisko punches Gendo

First thing that popped into my head after reading that
>>
File: Laughing Ferengis.png (486KB, 751x751px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Ferengis.png
486KB, 751x751px
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10474433-zen-charge-bonus%21
>>
>>52916110
All Hands Lost >>>>> Ark Royal Shadow the Edgehog shittery
>>
>>52925676
my fucking sides
>>
>>52931480
My Talax-ilzay of superlative taste
>>
>Poker night at Miranda
>Captain walks into the room
>All hands lost
>>
>>52933159
>Miranda on planetary survey mission
>Ensign Butters brings back a butterfly
>with one dormant Borg nanite on its left wing
>all hands lost
>>
File: IMG_2100.jpg (233KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2100.jpg
233KB, 1512x864px
>>
>>52933642
>Miranda on patrol
>Lieutenant Tobrul starts his Pon Farr
>He bonds with the ship computer
>specifically, the plasma injector port on the warp core
>All Hands Lost
>>
>>52927166
>>52935053
Do you have any Klingon ships? Specifically Bird of Preys, D7s and Vorchas, preferably.
>>
>>52922308
Oh please, everyone knows the Tang-ed planet portrayed in Eva eventually became the homeworld of the Founders.
>>
>>52936044
Tell you what, I'll make a Klingon character next week and get to work on it. Right now I've next to nothing of theirs in my collection.
>>
>>52935114
>Miranda on patrol
>some random ensign uncovers an old earth game
>apparently it's called Rogue Trader
>All Hands Lost
>>
>>52936330
I simultaneously hate you and love you for this.
>>
>>52937988
Such is life in Federation Moscow
>>
File: IMG_2116.jpg (279KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2116.jpg
279KB, 1512x864px
>>
>>52936330
I had actually been thinking that was a place that the Angels had been millennia ago. They're a spaceborne rogue faction the Original Humanoids™ didn't expect.
>>
File: spocks brain.jpg (166KB, 1200x903px) Image search: [Google]
spocks brain.jpg
166KB, 1200x903px
>>52897893
a-HEM!
>>
>>52939056
That is far too fun an episode to be the worst. Even amongst TOS it's not even bottom 10 level bad.
>>
Wait, did the update stop you from making solo PvE queues?
>>
>>52939656

Yes.
>>
File: Quark_as_Lumba.jpg (118KB, 692x530px) Image search: [Google]
Quark_as_Lumba.jpg
118KB, 692x530px
>>52897893
>>52897931
>>52939056
I beg your pardon?
>>
File: USS Shresht.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
USS Shresht.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>52941113
that is a weirdly happy looking ship
>>
>>52939902
Does anyone here, find Ferengi females at all hot?
My response
>>
File: tumblr_n822t1wPOK1rdw1iyo1_1280.png (519KB, 570x1400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n822t1wPOK1rdw1iyo1_1280.png
519KB, 570x1400px
>>52943142

The actress who played Pel isn't bad looking, but... all Ferengi are. This is pretty much due to the fact that they're wearing a full face mask.

They just don't have comely faces.

Klingons, a species that also has sharp teeth (some of them, anyway), and a fairly big makeup prosthesis are downright gorgeous in comparison.

And yes, for the record, I would shag a Klingon.
>>
>>52943403
DEATH BY SNU-SNU!
>>
>>52943700

I never thought I would die this way, but I always really hoped.
>>
The blue grip of the transporter beam released her, as it had certainly hundreds, possibly thousands, of times before, and the woman with the hair which had now turned the off-white color of the starships she longed to again serve aboard stepped off the transporter pad.

There was an ensign at the pad; a fresh-faced, Orion youth, lean by human standards and positively scrawny by the standards of his race. He looked alert, professional, and on-task; the only oddity she saw about him was that he was wearing fingerless gloves on-duty. That drew her attention for a moment, but her eyes were drawn away by the opening of the transporter room door, and the arrival of an old friend, causing her to break into a warm smile as Lt. Commander Reginald Barclay, Chief Engineer of USS Ark Royal arrived.

“Reg,” she said, and he broke into a grin.
“Counsel - captain Troi,” he responded, arms held out in greeting, almost as though he were going to offer a hug, but at the last second withdrew one and offered the other. She shook, firmly. “It’s good to see you again. How are the children - how are the grandchildren, I hear? And Admiral Riker?””

She laughed, softly. “They’re doing well; Will is doing well, too, though he hates captaining a desk.”
“Yes, well, it’s his own fault; he shouldn’t have let them promote him off the Titan,” Barclay said back, and she smiled.
“You know, you’re right. And he knows it,” she agreed, letting go of his hand. “Every day, he wonders just how he could manage to pull a Kirk and get himself demoted to Captain.”

Barclay laughed, and shook his head. “Oh, goodness, I hear you have to disobey direct orders and save the Earth in the process to do that. Oh - I know you’re here for business, but do we have time to catch up? We have a Ten-Forward on this ship.”

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tBXjSuIhqulnztvWX8bRXtIICpNvSIysQYpo3KEWAn8/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>52944490
And by way of, not apology because I'll be damned if I'll apologize for enjoying Ark Royal and Space Suit Dave and all the other crazy freaks aboard, but as appeasement, have some fucking awesome Trek music I found on the series of tubes and was listening to whilst writing this shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SRu_anT0PU
>>
File: 20130407-050731.jpg (130KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20130407-050731.jpg
130KB, 1024x768px
>>52943700
If I had a choice which alien race I'd get sexed to death by, I'd go green if you know what I mean.
>>
>>52945364

I'm feeling blue.
>>
>>52931480
From what I've read the Ark Royal seems to have started all right before it got invaded by Soflake OC Donut Steels.

It looks like one of those things that would have grown up to be maybe quite fun, but it died of cancer before it really had chance.

Or at least that's what I'm seeing after the fact.
>>
>>52946044
That's more or less it. To begin with, it was just Innatubes and a normal crew that had learned to live with him. The idea had merit. Dave was an interesting juxtaposition of after-the-fact pragmatism so common in these threads and the usual idealism that we see in Star Trek. A guy that treats a spaceship like the inherently dangerous environment that it is rather than a pleasure cruise.

A couple of the early additions weren't terrible. I think there was an XO that hated Dave but gradually came to find him useful. But then it got away from us, right around the time that someone decided Dave needed a girlfriend and sidekick.
>>
>>52941113
>All Those Tron Lines
How dd you get those?
>>
>>52946044
>>52946117

The problem you two have is thinking
A] that you have any real measure of control over a collaborative idea started on these threads. You do not; if anyone has a right to complain, it's me, because I'm the one who first came up with the Ark Royal as a setting for Dave, since originally he was aboard the USS Noname, or even the Enterprise (which is obviously bollocks, as Picard wouldn't stand for this shit no matter how fucking useful he was.)
B] That somehow, Dave is not a snowflake OC. If we weren't permitting massive amounts of tolerance for snowflakery, Dave wouldn't exist. A crewman who snapped, went innatubes, started setting traps and paranoidally crafting improvised weapons and wouldn't come out would be tracked down, beamed out, and remanded to psychiatric care, not tolerated as a dangerous-but-useful member of the crew/person we somehow tolerate still being here.

Guess what? Snowflake OCs are fun. Maybe instead of screeching "cancer!" and "ded," you should try having some fucking fun with the idea and making someone who fits aboard the Ark Royal. I mean, that /is/ what /tg/ is for, innit? Or do you just get your jollies wanking the word "cancer!"
>>
>>52946343
Lukari rep shield
>>
>>52946383
Whilst I agree with everything you said I still can't see how the Kai Leng sisters could possibly be considered good.

The Barbie one got a sensible chuckle out of me though I will admit.
>>
>>52944490
It's pretty good, all in all. I'd certainly read more if you decided to write it.

Just a couple things:

You have a tendency to use run-on sentences. Which is fine, in general. bBut on a few occasions, such as during the interview, they get away from you. You might try breaking the sentence down into 2 or 3 separate statements, for cohesion. By no means does that mean you should get rid of all of them but trying to convey numerous pieces of information simultaneously can be jarring to the narrative.

Secondly, you use "sighing" a lot during Troi and Barclay's talks. On some occasions, twice in a paragraph. You might consider using other phrases to break up the repetition. I suggest using another visual cue. Playing with food, for instance, or intentionally avoiding eye contact.
>>
As I understood it, from reading through the aftermath logs of the Ark Royal/Dave stuff, the issue is that there's a need for contrast in characters to make the unusual ones like Dave work. It's why Barclay worked well as a reoccurring character, he was a clear contrast to the main cast. Logically speaking, as a result, the "main cast" would need to be, at least slightly, normal to make Dave's divergence work as a contrast.
>>
>>52946816
>You have a tendency to use run-on sentences. Which is fine, in general.
Yeah, that can be a problem for me. If you can point them out, I'll try to break them up.

>Secondly, you use "sighing" a lot during Troi and Barclay's talks.
I do tend to be a flagrant abuser of sighs (and commas.) I'll go through it and try to reduce them.
>>
>>52946938
>Barclay worked well as a reoccurring character,

I thought he was naff heading rapidly towards crap in every episode after the first. Should have been kept as a background character. And for some reason kept turning up in Voyager more than on TNG, doing shit that was pretty fucked up.
>>
>>52946816
>Secondly, you use "sighing" a lot during Troi and Barclay's talks. On some occasions, twice in a paragraph
I've had a whack through and trimmed off most of the sighs, but the "twice in the same paragraph" one remains, because in that instance, Troi sighed, and said something it was perfectly reasonable for Barclay to sigh in response to. I think it reads better now, anyway. I also touched up the food porn a bit WRT pumpkin spice cannolo.
>>
>>52948855
Yeah, it flows a bit better now
>>
File: IMG_2059.jpg (289KB, 1464x888px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2059.jpg
289KB, 1464x888px
>>
>>52949957
Thank you, I tried.

>>52951186
The Filters are Strong with this one!

Teasing aside, that's pretty. You do them in 16:9 widescreen, by any chance?
>>
>>52951966
Aye I can do. Is there a specific ship/setting you're after?
>>
>>52948544
I actually thought he was better in Voyager.
>>
>>52937567
>Miranda on patrol
>Science officer buys Monopoly from an independent trader
> All Hands Lost
>>
>>52953953
>Miranda on patrol
>Helmsman mentions he was part of Red Squad
>all hands lost
>>
File: revenge_by_jetfreak_7-d4ab9dv.png (668KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
revenge_by_jetfreak_7-d4ab9dv.png
668KB, 675x1200px
>>52952122
Not really, I was just curious. Dealer's choice.

>>52953953
>>52954932

> Miranda on patrol
> Fucking Borg board the ship!
> All hands -
>> COMBOBREAKER!
>>> Ensign McSeniorityByVirtueOfLastNameStartingWithTheLetterA fights her way to the bridge, takes command.
> Borg get their shit wrecked in the halls, on the surface, and in space.
> Most hands lost, Miranda victorious
>>
File: IMG_2143.jpg (253KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2143.jpg
253KB, 1512x864px
>>52955363
Alright, I'm going to post 10 of em, so.
>>
File: IMG_2144.jpg (264KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2144.jpg
264KB, 1512x864px
>>52956352
>>
File: IMG_2145.jpg (220KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2145.jpg
220KB, 1512x864px
>>52956366
>>
File: IMG_2146.jpg (224KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2146.jpg
224KB, 1512x864px
>>52956379
>>
File: IMG_2147.jpg (224KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2147.jpg
224KB, 1512x864px
>>52956391
>>
File: IMG_2148.jpg (239KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2148.jpg
239KB, 1512x864px
>>52956411
>>
File: IMG_2149.jpg (254KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2149.jpg
254KB, 1512x864px
>>52956423
>>
File: IMG_2150.jpg (228KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2150.jpg
228KB, 1512x864px
>>52956437
>>
File: IMG_2151.jpg (229KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2151.jpg
229KB, 1512x864px
>>52956453
>>
File: IMG_2152.jpg (231KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2152.jpg
231KB, 1512x864px
>>52956469
And that's the lot. I figure that's a good mix of different designs and lighting.
>>
>>52956453
>don't talk to me or my sub-class ever again
>>
>>52946383
You're right anon - no one should tell you to stop having fun.

I, for instance, find it fun to mock cringy donut steel mary sue OC fanfic characters and call the people who write them talentless hacks.
>>
>>52955363
>admiral sees the after action report
>comes to the section about survivors
>on a Miranda
>concludes it must be some sort of Borg trap
> remote activates the ship's self destruct
>All Hands Lost
>>
So, /stg/, tell me; what do you think of this sleek piece of fanon?

Has anyone ever considered running a game of Trek wherein the group (which may be small,) tools around not in a starship, but in a jumped-up riced-out, tuned-up runabout, something like this, or a Captain's Yacht divorced from its starship?
>>
>>52960690
There was discussion a few threads ago about it. An AU Gamma Quadrant setting where the Dominion had collapsed long before Sisko found the wormhole was the proposed setting.
>>
>>52960690
That ain't a bad design. And I usually hate anything that's not prime timeline alpha canon.
>>
>>52956591
I made this a million years ago, but finally can post it!
>>
>>52961694
I hope you aren't saying that there's anything wrong with the new and improved kilometer long iEnterprise, anon.
Take that, Star Wars!
>>
>TFW just watched a bit of 'Turnabout Intruder' of ST:TOS
So if that had happened in the ENT era would they would have fixed her in the head or just gave her the sex change?
I think it was the most sexist trek episode ever but it does bring up a issue what would be the best thing to do in a situation like that.
If you could would be better to make a person in Trek be a match to his/her mind or his/her body?
>>
File: superior_by_arkbishop-dagd689.jpg (566KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
superior_by_arkbishop-dagd689.jpg
566KB, 800x1200px
>>
>>52955363
Heh that used to be the reason why you got command of the Ship in Federation side in STO, basically your character was the most senior officer alive and then proceeded to kick the Borg in the nuts.
>>
>>52962853
This looks like Seven got fused with the Tick
>>
>>52963721
>Patrick Warburton as the Borg Queen's inept sidekick, inadvertently screwing up all of her plans because of miscommunication
>>
>>52964015
Oh right, the nanoprobes for Janeway. The nanoprobes deigned specifically to assimilate Janeway. Janeway's nanoprobes.
>>
>>52964510

Activate the manual steering column.
>>
File: 1456879234057.jpg (36KB, 600x651px) Image search: [Google]
1456879234057.jpg
36KB, 600x651px
>>52962843
Whatever works best for the patient given the available medical technology. Assuming both solutions work perfectly given the technology; if the easy is fix is to alter the brain and they want that, do it. If they want the body fix, do that. Extensive assessment and therapy is a given in either case.
>>
>>52963160
I know, that's - wait, they changed the tutorial now? Sonofa... So, how does EnsignMcPlayerCharacter take command of their first ship now?
>>
>>52966177
You're part of the graduating class at the Academy and go on a training cruise commanded by Captain Obviouslygoingtodie. Distress call, run into Klingons, ship gets boarded, Captain gets killed, and Magnum took command. After fucking up the Klingons and helping take care of a random literally-out-of-nowhere Borg attack, Quinn decides fuck it, keep the ship.

So basically Valiant only you're not a moron.
>>
>>52966249
On the one hand, awh, that sucks.

On the other, that means my ancient-as-fuck-should-I-return admiral now has a semi-unique backstory that new players cannot into anymore. :P
>>
>>52966498

>tfw newfags will never know R'Shee
>>
>>52962843
Whatever they decide is best for them, after being given a frank medical assessment of the procedures and methods to do so.
>>
>>52966249
It's still the weakest opener of the 3.

The Republic give you a ship cause they're that desperate. You take command as a Klingon because murder is a viable form of career progression in the KDF. With the starfleet one they just sort of say "eh, fuck it, what's the worst that can happen?"
>>
>>52967660
Well, they *could* completely rejigger things to add an even-lighter class vessel, and give you something like Pic Related for your Ensign time...

Do you want a police cutter? Because that's how you get a police cutter.
>>
>>52967756
Or we could just not have cadet or ensign
>>
>>52968278
That is way too sensible to ever happen.
>>
>>52966498
This is true.
But also your admiral is no longer a tactical genius who made it from cadet to fleet admiral in one year.
>>
>>52968278
>>52968580
It's dumb because the TOS tutorial did it perfectly. You start off as first officer on the Pioneer, get some shit done, Captain gets promoted to Admiral, and you get command. Nothing ridiculous about that.
>>
>>52967756
It wouldn't be at all unreasonable for you to play XO for the first 10 levels, especially seeing as the first storyline is generally railroaded t'fuck.

By level10 you're a lieutenant commander, which we know Starfleet will give limited commands to, so you're set from there on out.
>>
>>52967756
Are the googly eyes factory standard?
>>
>>
>>52970389
It's Federation Police ship, googly eyes are the only weapon allowed.
>>
>>52971369
Well someone is definetly compensating for something with that. Did a Vulcan steal lead designers girlfriend or something.
>>
>>52971369

Are those hangers?
>>
>>52971506
With their own warp drives apparently.
>>
>>52968778
The TOS one is also the only one where the previous commanding officer doesn't die. Hell, I'm not even sure if you MEET the Romulan who's ship you basically stole.
>>
>>52971626
>Stole
That ship was in a local scrap yard, whoever dropped it there was getting rid of it.
>>
>>52971626
In fact, the warbird was commanded by the old engineer in the tutorial colony. You later rescue him and he joins your crew in a later mission, but by that point you've long since ditched the old warbird.
>>
>>52880817
Space Rome was my favourite. How did it turn out for them?
>>
File: 1483965529682.png (149KB, 278x306px) Image search: [Google]
1483965529682.png
149KB, 278x306px
>>52971369
nigga what
>>
File: A sunny day on Romulus.jpg (136KB, 1920x814px) Image search: [Google]
A sunny day on Romulus.jpg
136KB, 1920x814px
>>52971998
super great
>>
>>52972258
Damn. My favourite races in fantasy stories always get hosed.
>>
File: 1485055156975.jpg (63KB, 530x700px) Image search: [Google]
1485055156975.jpg
63KB, 530x700px
>>52972258
>they didn't even bother to start evacuating
Why were these scripts allowed again?
>>
>>52972980
Because someone wanted to audition for directing a Star Wars film and the promise of money from the Michel Bey fans.
>>
>>52972980
>>52973030
Where did the fun-having person touch you, anons?

NuTrek's not proper star trek by any stretch of the imagination, but it's fucking fun and certainly a lot better than The One With The Reman Clone That Was Also Bane(?),
or basically all of VOY and ENT
>>
>>52973309
Hey man suck a ball, Voyager was the shit. But yeah, the new movies are at least fun. Most recent one sucked though.
>>
>>52973409
>Voyager was shit.

FTFY.
>>
>>52968278
That would be too sensible.

You know what else would be sensible?
Not tying character's rank to character level. Rank could be purely a function of storyline advancement, level could be purely a function of XP.

... Though I wouldn't actually mind a police cutter. I think they cute.

>>52968750
Ensign to Fleet Admiral in under a year is still impressive amounts of tactical genius, especially for a Sciences officer.

>>52970077
That would make sense, too; XO on a tiny ship could well just be the most senior of the Ensigns.

>>52970389
>>52971404
I believe the Googly Eyes are phaser emitters, so I really, really hope they're factory standard and not aftermarket additions the crew were forced to wrench on their own selves.

>>52971369
Is... That a Miranda that someone turned into a shuttlecraft tender or something?
>>
>>52973409
Actually, I take that back - Voyager was fun enough (at times) to excuse the shittery mostly thanks to Russ, Picardo, and Best Girl. Plus, I'm a sucker for trek combat scenes.
>>
>>52973730
That Zerg species was cool as fuck when I was a kid and still is.
>>
>>52973508
All that shit made the genuinely fun parts stand out more. Particularly the acting, Voyager had a (mostly) great cast that made it feel pretty cozy as a kid.
>>
File: triangle mouth.jpg (83KB, 1024x664px) Image search: [Google]
triangle mouth.jpg
83KB, 1024x664px
>>52973409
>Most recent one
My thoughts on Beyond boil down to "it wasn't a complete piece of shit like Into Darkness", so I'm going to have to disagree with that particular statement.
I'm boggled to this day that anyone managed to watch STID with a straight face and enjoy it.
>>
>>52973409
>Most recent one sucked though.

DIE IN A FIRE.
>>
>>52973730
>>52973761
>>52973774

I like how, towards the end of the run, Mulgrew decided that given how wildly inconsistently Janeway had been written from episode-to-episode and season-to-season, she was actually a very-high-functioning mildly bipolar individual, and started playing that up intentionally.

I mean, hell, may as well.

VOY had some very good episodes. It also had some very trash episodes. VOY's best episodes stand well amongst the best of all the other series. VOY's trash episodes belong, well, in the trash heap, same as the trash eps of other series.

The problem with VOY was that it had a great many subpar episodes, and trash episodes, including the one that was so bad it was actually ejected from canon. C'est la vie.
>>
>>52973823
I did actually enjoy it. AND I liked that guy as Khan.

>>52973850
But can they really outdo the episodes where they found entire planets filled with 1930's gangsters?
>>
>>52972980
There's nothing to state that they didn't begin evacuations.

So let's put aside the complete retardedness of a supernova threatening the galaxy. Please for the love of god, could somebody explain to Abrams how big space is. For the purposes of the argument, let's just say the STO explanation of "something something subspace shockwave" holds water.

So the Romulan Navy picks up this shockwave on approach and quickly come to the conclusion that they can't stop it. The government starts reaching out to nearby powers. The klingons just laugh, and the only other people nearby that could possibly help are the Federation. They promise to send some new experimental Vulcan ship. All the same, the Imperial Navy draws as many ships as they can in to begin a mass evacuation. Warbirds, cargo-ships, yachts, shuttles. If it has a warp drive they want it.

This is a time sensitive situation, however. The subspace mcguffin is approaching at warp speed, drastically limiting the number of ships capable of reaching Romulus, loading passengers and outrunning the shockwave. Pretty much only ships within a few lightyears, or with powerful warp drives, can respond.

That leaves Romulus relying on the home fleet and local traders. Maybe 500-700 ships. Hell, let's say there are over 1,000 ships capable of responding. The D'Deridex has a crew compliment of 1500. Being generous, let’s say it has the capacity to carry 5,000 passengers at any given time, alongside the crew.

Even if you had 1000 D’Deridex warbirds orchestrating the evacuation, they would only be able to carry 5,000,000 people at a time. Even with a few days of non-stop back and forth, this fleet could only save millions, from a world of billions.

That's probably where all of the ramshackle colonies appear from in STO, whoever made it out of the system before the shockwave hit.
>>
File: starkiller-base-x.jpg (14KB, 500x205px) Image search: [Google]
starkiller-base-x.jpg
14KB, 500x205px
>>52973999
>Please for the love of god, could somebody explain to Abrams how big space is.
It's far too late for that, anon.
>I don't get it, what do you mean there isn't a backdrop
>what do you mean it should take more than three minutes to travel from Earth to Qo'nos and back, they're moving at LIGHT SPEED
>How is the audience supposed to know this solar system is getting destroyed if the planets aren't hanging out together?
>>
>>52973850
>including the one that was so bad it was actually ejected from canon

Which one?
>>
>>52973999
Isn't their navy huge though? 1000 ships seems like a really low estimate.
>>
File: Threshold.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Threshold.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
>>52974204
The one that never happened, obviously.
>>
>>52974270
The fuck?

I'm not even going to look that up.
>>
>>52974297
Tom Paris breaks reality by going infinity fast. This causes him to "evolve rapidly" into an amphibian. Halfway through this process he kidnaps Janeway, goes fast again so they both turn into newts, and crashes into a swamp planet where they make fuck until Voyager shows up with the Doctor's latest DNA miracle cure. Episode ends with Janeway promoting Paris for being a good lay in newt form or something.

Now you don't have to look.
>>
>>52974379
I'm actually mad that you made me read that though.
>>
>>52974240
That's just ships that can respond. I think it's fair to assume that the majority of the Romulan fleet are out patrolling the border. Even with 10 times that number (50 million per journey), they'd still need weeks to evacuate Romulus, as simply dropping survivors on the next inhabited planet is untenable.

Firstly, that still puts them in the path of the shockwave. Secondly they would have to be spread out to larger population centres to avoid infrastructural/ecosystem overload.

If the nearest viable planet(s) is a day away at high warp, that's a 2 day turn over. 50 million every 2 days means it will take over a month to evacuate a billion people. Given how the incident was framed, i doubt that had that amount of time.
>>
>>52974472
I'm still mad, I liked the Romulans.
>>
>>52974556
They're still around... just... a lot less
>>
>>52974748
Boooo. Rome is the light.
>>
>>52973890
>But can they really outdo the episodes where they found entire planets filled with 1930's gangsters?

If Voyager had actually tried to be more fun like that one, then it'd be far more fondly remembered.
>>
>>52974748
In fairness, there wasn't a lot you could really do with them after the mercenary, the masked Praetor-Who's-Totally-Not-Picard decided to tear his own Empire a new one - and both reunification and Sela storylines were starting to wear thin. Someone PLEASE pass that on to Cryptic.
>>
>>52974748
I did like how the Romulan line more or less ended, with setting up on a new planet and parking science outposts all over the continent to learn as much as they can while the first city is being built.
>>
>>52974838
No man that wasn't fun, that was some shitty shit and you know it.
>>
>>52973309
>>52974870
What the fuck's the Big Guy got to do with it?
>>
>>52974913
NOPE.jpg

Gangster planet was great stuff. Not even ironically. Just straight up good, solid fun. The cast was also particularly suited to that kind of humour, much like in the Trouble with Tribbles. Now it's not as good as that episode, but it's certainly not down there with actual garbage like The Apple.
>>
>>52974954
Same actor.
>>
>>52975016
You unironically like shit? I mean you could defend it if the series remained fun, ridiculous stuff like that but it really didn't. Those are just the Jar Jar Binks episodes of Star Trek,
>>
New Thread
>>52975629
>>52975629
>>52975629
>>52975629
>>
>>52973673
CAPTAIN to Admiral is ridiculously fast. My headcanon is that the events of the storyline take place over the course of forty plus years.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.