[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Because you seem like a good person. And this would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3554.jpg (35KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3554.jpg
35KB, 564x564px
>"Because you seem like a good person. And this would be the right thing to do"
How would you, as a GM, use this line in your games?
>>
>That moment when you have to destroy an entire world.
>And consign a million souls to oblivion.
>>
Throwaway NPC if the players ask why they are helping them w/ random info or an item.
>>
A non-combative NPC with useful connections indirectly aiding the PCs' coup d'etat
>>
An NPC that tries to kill/capture the stalwart Paladin NPC to save them from the dark road ahead
>>
>>52877563
Paladin PC*
>>
>>52874242
>The Great Hero of the setting is mortally wounded and with his dying breaths hands the PC his magical sword, and with it his legacy
>The PC protests and asks what makes him worthy
>>
File: 1418527605083.gif (83KB, 450x264px) Image search: [Google]
1418527605083.gif
83KB, 450x264px
>>52874242
I use a...different...line.

>"You will do this. Because it is the right thing to do. Because you will save millions of lives. And you will do this...because I have poisoned your drink."
>"It is a most interesting poison. It comes in two parts, both quite harmless on their own. The first part, which you just drank, settles into your stomach and intestines, where it sits quietly, and can lie dormant for years, immune to any effects to remove it since it is not itself a poison.
>"If you don't do as I say, or if anything happens to me, then my agents will introduce you to the second part of the poison. Then the two parts will meet up. Have a little party in your cardiovascular and nervous systems. And then you, my friends, will be dead."

Obviously doesn't work on constructs or undead. Need to get more creative for that. Still, if the players ever start getting hideously out-of-line...
>>
>>52880493
What if they go Korgoth on your ass?
>>
>>52880553
I don't know who that is. Google reveals a pilot episode for a series that never took off; the Wiki plot summer suggests that the poison thing actually worked out pretty well for Gog-Ma-Gogg, or at least it doesn't mention Korgoth killing him.
>>
>>52874242
I had a possible one shot scenario where some of the armies of an invading force intend to get through a chokepoint but the defending forces are spread too thin as it is.
So the party is a group of experts called upon by their nation to hold the point while it's being rigged to blow. They will certainly die-if not by the invaders, by the blast. Their goal is to defend the riggers while they finish setting up the explosives.
The speaker and his reserve of suicide squadmen will back the party up.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.