[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /tg/ I'm going to be running a horror game like silent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0321.jpg (3MB, 3504x2332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0321.jpg
3MB, 3504x2332px
So /tg/ I'm going to be running a horror game like silent hill/p.t

What would be the best system to run this in?

What kind of stuff would make it really creepy?

If you where in silent hill what kinds of monsters would you have to fight?
>>
I'm going to make it a bit more cosmic horror-y than gothic horror-y
>>
>>52873337
The one that jumps to mind immediately is world of darkness. I mean its not like there's a terrible amount of baked in system things that can make one system do horror while another can't, but WoD was made for horror stuff. I'd just do blue book mortals and maybe get hunter for extra monster making rules.
>>
Obviously Actual Cannibal Shia LaBeouf is the best option
>>
>>52873594
STALKER might make a better setting for that brand of horror. Silent Hill was always deeply personal.
>>
Now, I have to ask has anyone ever been creeped out by a horror RPG my GM ran one recently. It wasn't all that creepy at all.If the place he made wasn't interesting it would have been boring until we got to combat which was funny as half the squad suffered horrible scars to the face.
>>
>>52873337
Depends on players. I use CoC for new or non committed players, and WoD for the better ones. At least for most horror home brews
>>
>>52874221
A buddy of mine ran a modern horror game in an old WoD-esq system. We were pretty much normal folks, our only caviat was that they be the sort who would delve into the spoopy shit even if it seemed dangerous. Not wreckless dumbfucks, just people with a strong spine and a thirst for knowledge.

The dm drew heavily from real world sources, encouraging OOG research for successful in game research rolls. So as the groups code monkey (in game at least) it fell to me to look into a lot of this shit, coalate it and present it to the group the following session. We were also being stalked by the slender man using marble hornets and tribe 12 youtube as in world cannon. At least once a session he'd just be standing there.... menacingly. Usually when we were already occupied with looking for something else. Sometimes wed see him durring downtime, in our favorite restaurants, on the street, in our homes/apartments. We never knew when hed show up or what he wanted from us. Couple that with the IRL research i was doing into defunct military sites, old declassified experiments, tales of (for lack of a better word) monster sightings and encounters with aliens.... i had a full on nervous breakdown because the line between the game and reality started to blur a bit. I just ran across to many things online that made me question the "official story" about gov facilities, experiments, paramilitary organizations that really do exist and whos records are sealed by partys unknown. I was even jumping at shadows thinking id seen old slendy out of the corner of my eye.

So yes, it is very possible to run a good scary game. You just have to set the right atmosphere and give reasons in and OOG for them to feel uneasy in their own skin.

TLDR: my dm ran a horror game so insidious that i had a nervous breakdown and had to drop out. He ran old WoD.
>>
>>52873337
Psychological horror doesn't work in roleplaying groups. Stick to cosmic horror, body horror and disgusting things.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1488733879226.jpg (111KB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1488733879226.jpg
111KB, 679x960px
>>52873875

indeed.
>>
So if you were in silent hill
what monsters would your subconscious make?
>>
>>52876410
I think what would be really fun would be to have one of the players be not!silenthill itself

He'd show up as a character that isn't really there,
Then you and him would arrange things so that he could work to scare the players as much as you do.

His character would work as a device for scaring the other players

Or you could have him act as the !notpyrimidhead to your !notsilenthill
>>
>>52874221
Shadowrun right now is borderline horror for my character, since a Horror (that games version of a cthulau) has him in its sights. Been spooky
>>
>>52876410
Psych horror via surprise custom rules attached to monsters or things, voice and word choice, music, playing ambient sounds.
>>
File: 1482425172128.jpg (107KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
1482425172128.jpg
107KB, 1200x799px
>>52877774
What sort of monsters personify your fears? What personifies abandonment? Self-loathing? Regret? Anxiety? Where do those fears come from?

Anxiety coming from parenthood could manifest as monstrous children. Eraserhead and Combat Shock both do a great job of it with a mutant child that's always crying, and nothing seems to calm it down. The anxiety of being a bad parent, never being able to provide for your child, never being able to answer its needs, never being able to make it happy is a common fear.

One of my fears is, due to genetics, it's not unlikely that any child I have would be crippled at birth. If I had a kid and they were disabled, I'm to blame for that. I knew the chances and took the risk anyway, gambling with someone else's life. I ruined their life because I was being selfish.

Perosnifying that would probably come out as a pathetic, twisted body of a baby, barely able to crawl, calling me daddy and asking why I did this to them. It probably wouldn't work well in a game, though.
>>
>>52877774
Probably faceless little girls (Ages 8 to 11) in swimsuits, schoolgirl uniforms, and various fetish gear.
Also maybe something representing failure or poverty.
>>
>>52877774
A wandering maw of teeth with eyestalks to see and penis legs that constantly spew cum.
>>
>>52880331
Okay Lovecrraft, take it down a notch.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.